Shaun Baker Photography

San Diego and Destination Wedding Photographer

Artistic, Creative and Fun!

I'm dedicated to providing you with the most beautiful and memorable photos from the biggest day of your life. My artistic and photojournalistic style is one of a kind. My rates are affordable because I LOVE shooting weddings!

Artistic, Documentary

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Wedding Albums, Second Shooter Available

San Diego, CA San Diego and Destination Wedding Photographer (858) 751-4808
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 2/04/2017 Samantha G

Photography was among our top priorities and Shaun exceeded our expectations in every way. Shaun did our engagement photos, church ceremony in Laguna Beach and destination wedding in Puerto Vallarta. He took the time to get to know us and our style. The moments he captured... Read More were genuine and represented who we are as a couple. Shaun is meticulous and creative yet relaxed and really fun to work with. His style and point of view are unique and fresh while still timeless. For our destination wedding we decided to include a second shooter to capture every last detail of the day. Shaun's associate Mallory was so lovely and did a wonderful job. She and Shaun have complementary styles and are a great team. Shaun does an exceptional job with the quintessential and romantic shots. He highlights the small details and fleeting moments that may have otherwise been forgotten in the blur of the big day. Shaun is unobtrusive yet always seems to be in the heart of the action. His candid shots of our reception and on the dance floor are among my favorites of the night. Family photos were also very important to us. Rather than simple posed photographs, Shaun exposed images that were evocative and emotional. He's a true artist and we are incredibly grateful to have had the opportunity to work with him.

Reviewed on 6/03/2017 Hillary K

Shaun’s work is nothing short of magical. We had very high expectations for our wedding photographer, and spent months searching for the right person. We’re so glad we finally found Shaun. His style is unique, creative, full of life and just plain beautiful. He was an... Read More absolute pleasure to work with. All of our vendors loved him , and all of our married friends are jealous of our pictures. We had very high expectations and Shaun exceeded them. Shaun, and his second shooter Mallory, do far more than just take pictures. They capture the incredible memories and once in a lifetime moments. They made a collection of shots that told the story of our wedding day, not just a collection of photos. They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Shaun’s pictures clearly scream perfection.

My Photographer IS better than YOURS!!!

Reviewed on 3/24/2014 Alma G

There are no words to described just how happy I am with Shaun Bakers work!!! From the very moment I contacted Shaun, he made me feel like a super special bride, he showed me that he wanted to be our photographer and was willing to work with us on every aspect, from pricing to... Read More timing. I don't know about you, but I only plan to be a bride once and for that reason I appreciated his insight and experience. Due to my wedding budget, I almost declined having a photographer present for the time I was getting ready and dressed, but he convinced me that the time leading up to the ceremony was just as important. Well, after seeing the photos I couldn't be more grateful for his advise, he captured some of the most precious moments. I have to admit that my wedding day was here and gone in a flash, so fast that it was really difficult to remember all those special moments, but thanks to Shaun, that blur is now oh so clear. Yes, he'll take some of those "pose for the camera" pictures, but his true artistic talent is reflected in the candid moments he was able to capture, the ones that show not only one instance but true raw emotion. I highly recommend Shaun Baker Photography for your event, trust me you won't regret it. Best believe he will be the one and only photographer I will ever recommend to friends and family.

Reviewed on 7/03/2017 Chauncey R

There is no other way to put this - Shaun is amazing! One look through his portfolio and you'll see he has a great eye for framing dramatic shots, is a master of lighting, and has a knack for capturing all those little moments that really make a couple or event special. We... Read More worked with Shaun for our Engagement and Wedding photos, and from the initial inquiry email to getting our wedding photos back, Shaun was prompt, professional, and transparent - a joy to work with (and that's definitely not something that can be said about a lot of vendors!). With all the stress of wedding planning and the wide range of things that can go wrong, we were really happy to have found Shaun, and not have to worry about the photography! Shaun makes the effort to really get to know you and what you want, so you feel very comfortable with him. We knew we could trust him to be on time, prepared, and take amazing photos. My husband and I are the type that completely freeze in front of the camera, and Shaun is a pro at providing direction to look your best. He is the type to go the extra mile for the perfect shot - he really went the extra mile for our Engagement photos, going over time and even laying in the middle of the busy street to get the shot. Several of our friends have now booked him for their weddings too!

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 L B

I had the pleasure of working with Shaun & Mallory at a wedding in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico this past weekend and they were awesome to work with. I think it's important for brides to have a photographer who really cares about the details, and who can provide an artistic product.... Read More Shaun has the eye for this and you can tell he cares about each and every detail. He gave me a preview of the images today and what I've seen so far is amazing! From a wedding planner's perspective he was super easy to work with and this also is important and something bride's wouldn't think of, but having all of the vendors jive and be on the same page all day allows for a seamless event. I highly recommend Shaun for your big day!

Reviewed on 1/14/2017 Abby J

My husband, Taylor, and I got married in November and we used Shaun for not only our wedding, but also our engagement photos. He was simply the best! He knows how to capture a moment! I had so many comments from my guests of how impressed they were with him! I was blown away... Read More about how fast he got our photos back to us as well as the quality he provided. I would recommend him to anyone in need of a photographer. We will be using him for any further photography needs in the future with out a doubt!

Reviewed on 1/08/2017 Tiffany V

Shaun is amazing. We love our photos. He should really charge more for his work. When my husband and I were shopping for photographers, we suffered from expensive taste. Everytime we came across a portfolio we liked, the photographer was out of our price range. Luckily we... Read More found Shaun. We had an instant connection upon meeting and he was well within our budget. His bright personality, go getter attitude, and true professionalism were exactly what we were looking for. We had around 250 guests and initially believed we would need 2 photographers. Shaun convinced us that he could handle it alone. It saved us around $500 or more, which is the starting cost for a 2nd shooter in the San Diego market. Between him and our videographer, we felt we had excellent coverage. Shaun goes above and beyond to deliver quality work. He arrives early and stays as long as it takes to get the shots he needs. He can be pushy, but I hear a lot of photographers are. My brother in law got pushed around a lot while the guys were getting ready and he made my makeup artist move her entire setup to a better location before starting on my makeup. During the chaos of wedding day, my husband and I made a last minute change to our photo plans and Shaun was understanding and went with it. We had him shoot during our meet and greet style receiving line (we wanted to get a photo with each of our guests) and he courteously handled interruptions from guests trying to take photos on their own phones and cameras. Shaun's style is the perfect mix of photojournalistic and artistic. We chose Shaun because we wanted to focus on capturing moments and not a lot of posed portraits. Our album included a mix of color and black and white photography, which we love. We asked Shaun to shoot some special headshots so we could have them printed as giant cardboard heads. He met us up, shot a couple dozen photos, and edited our favorites for a nominal fee. We used the heads everywhere the week of the wedding and our guests loved it. Shaun also shot our tea ceremony the day before the wedding. He did awesome. At one point, he charmed our crying and fussy nieces so we could get a family photo. Before leaving, he checked in with us to go over timeline and plans for the wedding, which was the next day. Within days after our wedding, we received a sneak peek slideshow and within a week of that, we received all our photos. Unbelievable. Most photographers take months to deliver photos. I could tell Shaun had carefully selected the best photos and eliminated redundant photos when possible. If there were two similar photos, there was a reason: someone looks better in photo A, a different person looks better in photo B, etc. A photographer easily shoots thousands of photos for a wedding, you don't want to sift through an excess of mediocre photos, you want the best. Shaun gave us that. We love Shaun's work and will treasure these photos for years to come. Shaun is wonderful and I am confident he will be just as wonderful for your wedding. Book him before someone else does!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Adam C

There really aren't words to describe how thrilled we've been with Shaun, but I'm going to try! We found him online after looking through local photographers for MONTHS. I just have a headshot photography business on the side, but I was still extremely picky about who we would... Read More choose. To me, this was the most crucial wedding vendor to find. I wanted someone who could give us different styles and take beautiful shots that looked like works of art, as well as the standard posed photos. And I wanted someone who was reasonably priced. Shaun was everything and more! I was ready to book him immediately just based on his portfolio- holy smokes. From day 1, we talked over the phone and discussed what we were wanting and what he offered and then we met up and we loved getting to know him and hearing him talk about how passionate he is about what he does. We booked him for our engagement photos and for the wedding. Our engagement photos turned out FANTASTIC. Absolutely stunning. I feel that I tend to have a very critical eye with photos and I was obsessed with each and every one of them! I was shocked. And he was SO much fun to work with! We went to several different spots and he really captured who we are as a couple. He went above and beyond and we were so glad that we had a chance to spend some time with him so that we'd feel prepared for the wedding. For our wedding, our guests commented on how "he was like lightening" and how "he was everywhere at once". I don't know if I even saw him pause for a second. He also did a great job rounding up our family members for photos during the cocktail hour and keeping them in line (our families can get pretty rowdy so we were very impressed haha). We selected a package that included a second photographer and we so happy that we have a second shooter getting shots of the groomsmen while Shaun was with me and my bridesmaids. And we had different angles of really big moments (you may now kiss the bride!). He got the photos back to us really quickly and we sat down and went through them with tears in our eyes as we relived the happiest day of our lives. It was a perfect representation of the event and going through the photos, it really told a story. His attention to detail, creativity, professionalism, amazing energy, and dedication to his clients made us so happy that we went with Shaun Baker!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Jessica W

What an amazing experience! We've worked with a lot of good photographers over the years, so we knew what we were looking for in hiring a photographer for our event. I need to say that Shaun Baker exceeded our expectations. He was by far the most attentive and thorough... Read More photographer we've met. If you are looking for unforgettable images that you can't wait to show off and an easy-going, fun experience, hire Shaun. You can tell he pours his artistic heart and soul into his work and it will come shining through in the captured moments of your special day. Check this task off your planning list as one of the easiest and best decisions you'll make.

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Vanessa D

I did not have to do much searching when it came to deciding who I wanted to photograph my wedding. Shaun Baker is an amazing photographer with an amazing upbeat personality. I was blown away with his portfolio and the quality of the pictures. I have been in many weddings... Read More before and have seen photos after they came back and knew that’s not how I wanted my photos to be. The photographs I saw in Shaun’s portfolio were so vibrant and detailed. I remember first booking with Shaun and sending the link to his webpage to all of my bridesmaids so they could see how amazing his pictures were. We booked 15 months in advance and was in contact throughout with any questions or concerns I would have and he was quick to respond which was comforting. As the time got closer, and my nerves starting rising, I had a conversation with Shaun which put all of my concerns at ease. Day of was easy… Shaun was awesome. He flew out for my New York Wedding! Photographed my rehearsal dinner and was up and ready to go to photograph my wedding. I had so many complements on him and his work. He felt more like family, fit right in, and made my day fun! He seriously was taking shots from every angle. One shot, I just couldn’t get right, he kept on it until I got it right. I was ready to give up on it but he wasn’t and I’m glad he didn’t because that picture came out beautiful. I actually couldn’t believe how fast my photos came back! It came up a few times in conversation with friends/family about photos and I was able to show them and were also surprised how quick the turn around time was. Oh, and that cool Vimeo video!! Made the groom a little emotional! (ok, maybe me too!) Thank you Shaun for photographing our wedding! You rock!

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Sachi K

When you search for photographer, you search everywhere and read so many reviews. I came across Shaun. Shaun's work exceeds your expectation~! Shaun is very kind and easy to talk to. On your wedding day, you would not notice Shaun at the ceremony or reception, but he captures... Read More pictures from angles that you would not see on regular wedding photography. Highly recommended!! His pictures look like art works. His pictures are so beautiful and I received soooooooo many compliments from other people. He captures your day so beautifuly that you will go look back to his pictures over and over. Shaun also creates beautiful picture slide show. I did not have video for the wedding, but those slide show captured the day so perfectly that I am grad I did not spend extra money for video. Since I had another wedding in Japan, we showed Shaun's slide show there on TV monitors. The quality of the photo was so great that people who were sitting on the back could see it too.

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Chianti G

Professional, very creative and just beyond AMAZING! We found Shaun 2 months before our wedding... it wasn't our choice to wait that long to a photographer. My husband and I live in Las Vegas and our wedding took place in Coronado Island, California. Usually, the bride and the... Read More groom would want to sit down with the vendors and review contracts and see their portfolios but we didn't have this luxury. With us, everything was online and via conference calls. His online portfolio as awesome and Shaun made it easy for us. On our wedding day, he came in looking sharp with a huge smile on his face ready to snap away. As a bride who has to worry about my make up and my hair and every single detail about the wedding, there's only one thing I didn't have to worry about and it was Shaun. When my groom sent out his little special gift for me, I started getting emotional and I was getting my make-up done. I couldn't stop crying! He made me smile by telling me that my groom loved my present and that he is looking handsome and excited. It meant a lot to me. Thank you. Shaun will not come out to your event to just do business and get paid. He will come out to put his heart into it and treat it like his own wedding day and make a connection with everyone! You will see how big his heart is when you see your amazing pictures. It was clearly in our pictures. He was twisting his legs and arms to fit in a closet to take unique shots.He was laying on the floor and maybe he would have flown or float in the air if he can to get every single angle. He almost got stepped on actually but it didn't stop him. Even our guests made comments about how attentive he was. Shaun was using some of our decors to create something new with the pictures and they all came out beautiful and full of emotions. One picture I wasn't expecting to be captured was a photograph of me embracing my mother in law only showing her back with my bouquet on my right hand and the rosary I received from her last Christmas on my left hand with of course my ring. (It is better on the picture and how I wish I can share it). It is one of my many favorites. He was very professional to the extent that he was offered to have a shot with the groom and the groomsmen but he declined; politely! After the big day, he said the pictures will be ready in 2 weeks. Everyone was excited to see the pictures and that's all we were talking about. About 3 days after, Shaun sent us a montage he made as a gift for us. We were all excited and had to share it right away in social media. Everyone loved it. After another 2 days, we received our access code to his private portfolio and saw all raw and edited pictures. ALL pictures were breathtaking. ALL pictures made me feel like it was all happening again! It is perfect! I still go back to see the pictures everyday! So, to whom it may concern. I hope I've shared enough (I've said more than enough actually) to convince you that Shaun is your perfect photographer for your special day! He is what you will need, who you will need and he will be there whenever you need him! - Chianti and Jay 08/27/2016

2016-09-14T19:06:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you Chianti and Jay! These words mean a lot to me. It was such a pleasure working with you both. You have such great friends and family. Congratulations again! Every photo that I deliver has been shot in RAW, toned/edited with great detail and... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/03/2016

Shaun Baker Photography does amazing work! I wish I had the words to describe just how amazed I am with the quality, creativity, and professionalism I experienced. My albeit high expectations were so far exceeded that I have to take a moment to thank Shaun Baker Photography! I... Read More got the images much faster than expected and was moved to tears as I watched the slideshow. Imagine a stress free wedding day where the photographer is so easy to work with and has such an incredible vision and then a couple weeks later your inbox is brimming with gorgeous photos. I was referred to Shaun Baker Photography by a photographer friend of mine. I immediately fell in love with Shuan's work. He knows how to capture stunning magazine cover worthly shots and those special moments you want to remember for years to come. We had a destination wedding and working with him from the other side of the world was easy. He was friendly, accomodating, and listened to what was important to us. He took the time to get to know us. We had a photoshoot the night before to avoid the stress of packing in all the photos the on the wedding day. He was unable to make it because of another wedding but sent a colleague of his, Mallory, and it was seamless. His team followed us around for hours making sure we got every amazing shot. I might have come back to the hotel with a little dirt on the bottom of my dress but that was my choice and oh man was it worth it. The pictures are amazing! The next day things got behind schedule and Shaun was so patient. He photographed a very large bridal party and a ton of children, captured shots of getting ready with my bridesmaids, and got some great shots of us as a couple. I only wish my wedding day could have gone on for longer because at every chance he produced beautiful images of the great fun we were having with family and friends. He then surprised us with a beautiful slide show and such a quick turn around on the images. There was no extra charge for this or limit on that. The pricing was straightforward and the end product so far exceeded our expectations. Simply put, "Just do it!" You will not regret it. The website is just a sample of the amazing work he will do. Prepare yourself for a great wedding day and a photography team that will make the day come to life for years to come. So, so, so highly recommend!

Reviewed on 7/19/2016

It's a rare and wonderful thing to have your high expectations not only met, but exceeded. Friend after friend recounted how they wished they'd had a better photographer on their wedding day, that one special moment that could never be recaptured once it was gone. We were... Read More determined to find someone who could capture all the magic and wonder of our Big Day, the wow moments everyone has as well as the small behind the scenes experiences that built up through the day. After interviewing dozens of professionals before choosing Shaun Baker, I am pleased to say his work absolutely exceeded all our high expectations. We spoke with Shaun multiple times leading up to the event and he was remarkably attentive to what we hoped to capture. It was apparent from the start that he was passionate not only about photography, but also with connecting and understanding the bride and groom, the ceremony, and overall feel of the day. He worked amazingly well with everyone, even the cranky in-laws, and his organized approach brought some welcome order to what felt like a crazy day. Since that day we've had countless friends and family comment on how amazing our wedding pictures turned out. We couldn't have fathomed they would turn out so well, they look like they belong in a Bridal Magazine or in the pages of a book or brochure. Shaun brought out the very best in both of us and we could not be more pleased.

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Anelisa L

Shaun is a wonderfully talented photographer. Before I was even engaged I knew I wanted him to photograph our wedding. (Seriously!) He has an amazing perspective and works so quietly you don't even realize he is there. I love how he captures emotion of every moment. He is very... Read More easy to work with and listens. My family is still telling me how much they love all of the images. If you are looking for unique, artistic images for any memorable occasion, hire Shaun.

Reviewed on 6/27/2016 Janel U

SHAUN IS THE BEST!! We're so lucky to have found him. His work is so thoughtful, artistic, and professional. We were beyond impressed with his photography. He is truly gifted with an eye for a photo that captures so much more than just an engagement.

Reviewed on 6/27/2016 Lotte C

Shaun Baker rivals the best photographers in the country. Stunning, vivid and intimate, all at once. Shaun's professionalism was evident from the start. He carefully walked me through his process and took note of all my requests. On the day of the wedding, he arrived early and... Read More captured all the beautiful moments of preparation. He kept me on track throughout the wedding and made certain all my requests were filled. He also seemed to escape to invisibility and capture the most intimate of moments. Although this should not be expected, all our photos were available to us within a week of our wedding! He even made us a lovely slideshow! Hire Shaun. I promise you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 4/23/2016 Christine T

I will never the right words to properly explain Shaun Baker's amazing talent. He's an artist in every respect of the word and a true professional. My husband and I hit the jackpot when we asked him to photograph our wedding. The pictures Shaun took for both our engagement... Read More session and our wedding turned out better than we ever could have imagined. Shaun is patient, organized and wonderful to work with. We interviewed a few other photographers, but as soon as we met Shaun, his talent was far superior than anyone else we met and we knew we wanted him to be part of our special. We feel incredibly lucky to have such beautiful photographs and we're so happy we had the opportunity to work with Shaun!!!

Reviewed on 3/28/2016 Michelle S

Short and sweet review: You will not find a more talented, dedicated and professional photographer anywhere near what Shaun charges. Look no further and hire Shaun Baker. You will be amazed. Longer and sweeter review: I am someone who likes to research things. This became... Read More quite apparent to my husband when I presented him with a excel sheet comparing my top 20 or so photographers that I had compiled after looking through hundreds found on various wedding websites and magazines. I was a budget conscious bride who wanted nothing, but the best. I do not settle on anything in life. My Husband and I ranked out our top three and found Shaun Baker to be our top choice. After arranging a meeting with Shaun, it was clear he has a true passion and exceptional talent for what he does. My husband is a military man whose best friend, besides me, is his dog. He does not enjoy being in pictures and heavily dislikes posed shots and forced emotion. Knowing all this, I did not expect much of a smile out of my husband during our engagement shoot. I could not believe how well my husband worked with Shaun. He smiled, laughed and had a good time. I was amazed that Shaun was able to connect with my husband and get him to have a good time doing the shoot. My husband could not stop talking about how much he liked Shaun. When it came to the wedding day Shaun arrived early and dressed very professionally for my block tie optional wedding. He worked with my makeup artist and other vendors very well. While going through the pictures my husband and I kept saying, “I don’t see him there!” Shaun was in the middle, but not. We never noticed him, but he caught so many great moments. We have an aerial view of our ceremony from the upper part of the church. I have no idea when or how he got there, but it is clear he as running all around the church getting a workout in while capturing the priceless moments of our ceremony. He works alone, but his hard work makes a second photographer unnecessary (and there is only one Shaun out there :)). He does not just take a picture to take a picture, but clearly waits for the right moments with all the emotion, perfect positioning and light to create an exceptional photograph. All of my friends and family keep saying how great the pictures are. I am so blessed to have had Shaun photograph my wedding. Thank you so very much Shaun. You are truly talented and left everyone speechless over your photographs.

New Years Eve Destination

Reviewed on 1/23/2016

Shaun was amazing. We had a destination wedding in San Francisco on NYE. Coming from out of state (Arkansas), planning this event was rather difficult. We shopped around for photographers in the Bay Area. A friend recommended Shaun and I'm so glad she did! Shaun was great and... Read More totally affordable despite the destination aspect. Due to the holiday the ceremony was in the morning with a lunch reception to follow. Shaun was present from getting ready (at 5am!!😳) until the conclusion of the reception and I'm so glad he was there to capture every moment. He did everything necessary to capture a shot. From scaling a balcony to MacGyvering the hotel room for just the right angle. Some of my favorite images are the candid shots he grabbed while no one was looking. I really can't say enough good things about Shaun and his work. He's an easy going guy that blended into my small wedding party like he was one of the family. I would highly recommend Shaun to friends and family! Like I said, he really is amazing

Amazing, creative, unique!!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Channing D

Shaun photographed both our engagement and wedding and he did a fantastic job! We were looking for an artsy photographer that could also take direction from us. He did a fanominal job! He was on time, professionally dressed, helpful, friendly, and stayed out of the way. He... Read More doesn't have a time limit and he worked almost 12 hours on our wedding day! He is also very fast at getting your photos back to you, we got all our wedding photos in less than a week! We couldn't believe it! He also made us a special slideshow to show our family and friends, it was so great! I highly recommend Shaun Baker Photography to any bride!

Grise Wedding

Reviewed on 10/14/2015

I found out about Shaun through a family friend who used him at their own wedding. Shaun was very professional, and even after a series of events that lead us to losing our original wedding venue; Shaun still agreed to be there for us. He was also very fast in getting our photos... Read More to us, they were available to us the very next weekend via an online gallery he gave us access to. And even before that made us a special preview slideshow. He really did everything he could to make our day special. His quality of photos are beautiful, so clear its as if you feel like you're there in the photo! My husband and I are very pleased with how they turned out. I will definitely keep Shaun's contact info and keep him in mind for any future events I might want photographed and I will definitely tell my family and friends about him as for any future events as well!

Best Choice, Best Quality: Shaun Baker

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Aaron M

Aaron and I knew we wanted artistic pictures; we wanted someone who had an eye for the dramatic, for the passion of a moment and Shaun captured that and so much more! He saw each shot beyond what I believe a typical photographer would; and being a journalist and a loving... Read More photography myself, Shaun excels at his action shots (especially the ones on the dance floor). The day of our wedding, he did his own thing while us girls got ready; he took all the = groupings we requested after the ceremony, and went on a crazy adventure with the wedding party as we scoured the beach for a place to take even more photos. Throughout all of this mayhem, he remained professional, kind and above all, retained his vision which resulted in amazing photos we could later share with our family and friends. He stayed with us all day up until the last song. What a trooper! Afterward, we received our photos within a few weeks, he had edited each one, and when I had a last minute request to add passwords to the photo link, he was quick to respond and deliver--maintaining the consistent customer service we had experienced throughout the entire photography process. I highly recommend Shaun to everyone. School most likely helped him hone his skills, but artists, I believe are born. Choose Shaun, you won't be disappointed.

Authentic, Masterful Artist

Reviewed on 8/24/2015

With the mind of a journalist, the eye of an artist, the soul of a poet, and the ease of a friend, Shaun made art for the ages of our wedding! ... Shaun came recommended to us by a friend with the words "An awesome photographer and a really cool guy". Exactly true. Shaun... Read More responded to my inquiry email within minutes on a Saturday night. We met Shaun in person and connected with him easily. He clearly loves what he does and is sincere in his connection to people he works with. We were first reluctant to do engagement photography in addition to the wedding photos, and hired Shaun just to do the wedding. But another friend convinced us it's good to work with your wedding photographer before the big day - so we contacted him and asked to do the engagement session after all, and we highly highly recommend doing one! We had so much fun with Shaun - he's not just artistic to the point of laying in the dust to capture the perfect photo, but also fun and funny, so we just had an awesome time with him. We also had to deal with a grumpy guard on the premises of a certain institution, and Shaun acted like our oldest friend as a cover, to try to snap a few photos before we got kicked out. By the end, we felt like we *were* friends! Then the photos came, within just a couple of days - WOW! Shaun, quite simply, captured the soul and joy of our togetherness, in photographs artistic and simply gorgeous. On the wedding day, the formal portraits came out beautiful, but this is not even Shaun's favorite part. Instead, he loves capturing all the details, ones you might miss - like a journalist - and capturing the emotion, the moment, exactly as it is, before, during, and after the ceremony. The "real" wedding photos for him come after the formals. The portraits of us that he did are amazing, and he captured many precious moments with all of our guests too. Shaun stayed much longer than we'd agreed on. The photos are incredible. See for yourself on his site, and hire Shaun if you want someone who is authentic, masterful and passionate about his craft, and will stop at nothing to get your perfect photo. By the way: he makes all full-res photos available to you for download, a huge plus. All that for a very reasonable price! Just make sure you discuss how your photos may be used on Shaun's website for promotion, so that you are comfortable with that part; Shaun's very responsive to your needs here too.

Our Favorite Vendor!!

Reviewed on 8/18/2015 Erica J

Choosing the photographer for our wedding was one of the most important parts of the wedding process for me. I knew the style I was looking for but I was a bit worried about the high prices that I had been quoted. After turning away from a few photographers due to high prices... Read More and overbooking, I found Shaun online. I was instantly drawn to his story telling style of photography. After our first phone meeting I hung up knowing that we had found the perfect photographer for our special day! His prices were more than reasonable and he doesn't charge hourly but is prepared to tell your wedding story from start to finish. Even though we were out of state, Shaun worked with us making sure all of our questions were answered and that we felt comfortable about what we were planning to do the day of. Shaun was patient, passionate about what he was doing and went above and beyond anything we could have imagined! He also created us a slideshow and had our images back to us within 5 days!!!!! We have been getting nothing but compliments from friends and family about how awesome Shaun is and how amazing our photos are. He literally brought our wedding to life! Andrew and I couldn't be happier and are so grateful to Shaun for bringing our wedding story to life in such an amazing way, allowing us to relive it over and over :)

Shaun Baker

Shaun Baker is one of San Diego’s Premier Wedding Photographers. Shaun grew up studying film and television with the dream of becoming a director. He graduated college with six production certificates and his bachelor’s degree in communications. Shortly after his college graduation, Shaun put the video camera down and picked up a DSLR. He was constantly looking for something to photograph. Something with meaning, a purpose. He shot his first wedding in 2009 and never picked up a video camera again. Shaun lived in NYC for 7 years with his wife Keri and their two dogs. They now reside in San Di