Shawn Boucke - Professional Violinist

More 5-star reviews at http://goo.gl/2AyU6L - Shawn has been performing for wedding ceremonies, receptions, parties, dinners, studio sessions and many other functions throughout South-East Michigan for over a decade. Shawn can perform as a solo violinist (Acoustic or Electric) for your ceremony creating beautiful solo violin tones and also create big multi-musician sound with looping effects. His musical skills span beyond classical music. As a solo violinist He performs many styles of music (Classical, Jazz, Fiddle, Rock, etc.), and can arrange music by request to make your event special for no extra charge!

Instruments

Violin

Celtic, Classical, Country, Dance, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Klezmer, Pop, R&B, Rock, World Music

Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Wedding

Live Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100

Waterford, MI South-East Michigan (248) 787-7503

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Rachel W

Shawn was perfect and we absolutely could not have asked for anything more from him. He went above and beyond at our wedding and made it incredibly special. EVERYONE raved about him that night and guests are still asking me about him. We highly recommend him!

Ceremony

Reviewed on 1/28/2015 emily s

Shawn was amazing! When I met him the first time he immediately put me at ease, since he seemed experienced in playing for weddings. He was so helpful in choosing a music playlist for the ceremony. His violin definitely added the perfect touch. I received many compliments from... Read More my guests regarding how nice it was to have pre and post ceremony violin playing in the background. I would definitely recommend Shawn!

Exceptional highly recommend

Reviewed on 1/18/2015 Natalie G

Shawn was extremely professional from the get go. Very organized and most importantly very well versed in all music genres. Communication never let us down and he was early and prepared for our ceremony. We were very pleased with his work and I would definitely recommend him to... Read More anyone!

Reviewed on 1/11/2018 Courtney M

We hired Shawn to play for our wedding in December. He did an amazing job playing during the ceremony and cocktail hour, everyone complemented on how amazing he did. Very highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 11/28/2017 Scott I

It's hard to find a starting point to say enough good things about Shawn because he did a phenomenal job. Leading up to our wedding he made the process incredibly easy, asked the right questions, and made it a point to understand what we envisioned for the wedding. On the big... Read More day, he was set up well in advance and did a final check before getting started. During the wedding and reception, Shawn did his thing without needing much from us, and it turned out awesome. Our guests loved the music, but they loved the electric violin even more. Our guests especially loved it when Shawn played the violin while dancing during some of the songs. He made our entire evening easy and incredibly fun, so I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a unique addition to their wedding. Oh yeah, I also have to thank Shawn for playing me down the aisle to the James Bond theme. It was a dream come true! Thanks again Shawn!

Reviewed on 11/10/2017 Jason R

Shawn performed at our wedding on Sept. 15th this year and was amazing. We had so many comments on how well he played by our guests. Working with Shawn was a true pleasure. He was extremely helpful coming up with ideas for music and even offered some really good tips on set... Read More up with the wedding ceremony. What was most impressive about Shawn was how he really made an effort to personalize the music for us to make our day so special. Shawn is a great talent that I would recommend over and over again.

Reviewed on 11/09/2017 Maggie A

We cannot say enough about Shawn. We absolutely loved him!! He is extremely talented, professional, and friendly! We had Shawn playing for our ceremony and cocktail hour, and I wish we had him for the whole night! He is great at communication and very organized. He made great... Read More suggestions and helped us pick songs for each part of the night. He can literally play anything. My mom really wanted a random, certain song to be played when the parents were walking down the aisle and Shawn was able to make it happen. We've had many of our guests reach out to us after the wedding to tell us how awesome our violinist was! One of my favorite parts of the night was him playing the Game of Thrones theme song and the bridal party LOVING it and asked him to play it again. I want to have a million more parties just to have Shawn there!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Julie H

Shawn was wonderful!!! We booked him for our wedding and he was exactly what we were hoping for. His electric violin makes it sound like you have more than one person playing yet he is able to improvise to make your ceremony flow perfectly. Our wedding was beautiful and the... Read More music made it so elegant. If you are looking for a violinist book him now! He was also so responsive and professional which as a bride helped ease my mind for the big day. Look no further Shawn is your guy!

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Cassandra P

Shawn absolutely helped to make our wedding day amazing! He is extremely talented and so many of our guests commented on how impressed they were with his music and presentation throughout the wedding. Shawn was very personable and willing to accommodate any and all of our... Read More musical selections. The music at our wedding was truly perfect and we would highly recommend Shawn to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Erica C

Shawn was wonderful to work with. He is a truly talented violinist. The music played during our ceremony was really beautiful. Shawn can play anything from classical to newer songs like Sugar by Maroon 5. I think one of the greatest things about Shawn is that he is a... Read More multi-faceted individual. Not only did he play acoustic violin during our ceremony, but he played electric violin during our reception and dinner AND was our DJ for end of the night dancing. We received so many compliments from our guests during the night! I would absolutely recommend Shawn to anyone who is interested having a violinist or DJ. Thank you, Shawn, for making our wedding spectacular!

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 CECLIE N

We can't say enough great things about Shawn!!! My husband and I knew as soon as we heard Shawn play, that we needed him at our wedding ceremony. When we first had met with him, we asked to hear some certain songs, which sounded more beautiful than you'd imagine!!! Then, when we... Read More had no ideas on what type of music we wanted for specific times during the ceremony, he did some impromptu, which sounded equally as amazing! After our ceremony, he stuck around and played some music while we took photos too! Multiple guests complimented on how great he sounded. The violinist was a perfect romantic touch for our outdoor ceremony, as it made an impression on all guests. I would HIGHLY recommend Shawn to ANY and ALL brides and grooms-to-be!!

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Karolina B

Shawn was wonderful to work with and the music for our ceremony was absolutely perfect. He played perfectly and made our walk down the aisle truly a moment that stood still in time. He was excellent at communicating prior to the wedding and had everything in place the day of,... Read More something you really need when planning a wedding. A+ vendor, would recommend him to anyone looking for the perfect romantic touch in music.

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Emily D

Not sure where to even start! Shawn was beyond amazing! From communication before the big day, to communication on the big day, to his playing violin, to his DJing..Absolutely PHENOMENAL! The ceremony music he played was so beautiful. He's beyond talented! Shawn knows how to... Read More get people on the dance floor. Our guests especially loved when he would play violin along with the songs. It was mind blowing! I have to say my absolute favorite part of the night was the very last song. Our guests made a circle around us while Shawn played violin inside the circle with my husband and I dancing. I will NEVER forget that moment. And thats the experience you will get from Shawn. Seriously..book him now!

Reviewed on 9/12/2017 Hunter S

Shawn is first and foremost an extremely talented musician! I can immediately tell that he's dedicated his life to his craft! My wife and I had an initial consultation with him 8 months prior to our wedding and his knowledge and range of music blew us away!! He can play any... Read More classical piece and seconds later hit every note on the Game of Thrones theme song. In addition to being an extremely talented musician, he's a great human being who we really enjoyed interacting with. He's a class act both in terms of his accomplished playing style as well as his ability to mingle with guests from all walks of life at cocktail hour. HIGHLY recommended!!!

Reviewed on 9/10/2017 Spenser A

Shawn acted as a violinist at our wedding ceremony & DJ at our wedding reception. Shawn was great to work with! Setting up our day was effortless with Shawn who was very organized and professional. We had very specific ideas of the music we wanted for our ceremony and... Read More dinner. Shawn made a great effort to learn the music and was very prepared on the day of the wedding. The music he played for our ceremony really set the tone of a beautiful and elegant occasion. During dinner, Shawn played great music and added in the personal touch of walking the reception hall and playing violin beautifully over the top of the tracks. As the night went on, Shawn kept people moving on the dance fall as our DJ! He did a great job of feeling the energy in the room and helping everyone let loose and enjoy themselves. During the wedding and since, we have received nothing but high praise for how unique Shawn was as a DJ and violinist. We would make the same decision to go with Shawn all over again. The value Shawn added to our wedding was worth double what we paid! We highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Heather A

We loved working with Shawn! He also got many compliments from our guest. They absolutely loved when he walked around during cocktail hour and dinner playing his violin along with additional music. He also did a fantastic job djing and even got out on the floor with us :) He is... Read More very accommodating and would definitely book him all over again

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 Allysa R

Shawn was absolutely amazing from our initial conversation, through the planning and on our wedding day. We hired Shawn to play the violin at our ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner and he was also our DJ. Everything was flawless he was very attention and engaged the entire day/... Read More evening. His music was beautiful and he even got on the dance floor with our guests. Very unique experience and I'm confident to say there is no one better for the experience, professionalism and value. I would strongly suggest Shawn for any event coming from someone who has very high standards! Our guests would agree based on all the compliments. Thank you again Shawn for making our wedding day extra special!

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Sara W

Did a great job! Was able to play all of our requests beautifully.

Reviewed on 8/22/2017

Shawn did my ceremony music and was also the DJ at our wedding on August 12, 2017. I was looking for someone who was unique and brought something different to the table. I'm so glad I found Shawn and booked him because he outperformed our expectations. We had an outdoor... Read More wedding on a windy day and that did not seem to pose a problem. He was super early and it was so nice to open the windows and hear him practicing. During our reception, he was out there on the dance floor showing everyone the dance moves to several songs. I have gotten multiple compliments on him since the wedding. Thanks Shawn for going above and beyond! Amanda & Greg

Reviewed on 7/23/2017 Daniela J

Shawn blew me away with his talent! He went above and beyond to listen to what we wanted, and had the flexibility not only to learn new music for us only a few days before the wedding, but also the ability to accommodate accompanying my cousin who decided to sing at the wedding... Read More too! He took the time to meet with us virtually (we live in New York), and play several different pieces that he had learned at my request. Shawn was professional, polite, charming, and so much fun to talk to at every point. Shawn added an elegant touch to the wedding, and our guests were thrilled. I can't recommend him enough!

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Colleen H

Shawn was terrific and I highly recommend him to anyone looking for a personalized ceremony and reception! He played from the minute the first guest arrived until the last guest had left. His electric violin was very interactive and my guests enjoyed him walking through the... Read More cocktail hour while playing. He was a very active DJ and always encouraged people to get out on the dance floor. I received multiple compliments throughout the night regarding the music!

Reviewed on 7/04/2017 Anna G

Shawn did an incredible job from start to finish. He was organized at the very beginning of the process and detail oriented throughout the process and the day of. He got rave reviews from our wedding guests and we absolutely loved him as well. Easily one of the best wedding... Read More decisions we made.

Reviewed on 6/30/2017 Michele G

Shawn was amazing! He was so easy to work with, and had some amazing ideas and talents for our ceremony and cocktail hour. I highly recommend him for any portion of your wedding. He is very professional, talented, and a perfect addition to any wedding!

Reviewed on 6/24/2017 Alisha B

Shawn was absolutely amazing and wonderful to work with. He did everything we asked and more. I would HIGHLY recommend Shawn to anyone looking for that special touch to add to their wedding day (or any other event)!

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Megan V

Shawn was amazing to work with. I would highly recommend him to everyone! He set a great mood for the whole night. From the ceremony to the reception, he made sure everyone was having a good time. He is very professional and a great person to work with.