Shawn Boucke - Professional Violinist

More 5-star reviews at http://goo.gl/2AyU6L - Shawn has been performing for wedding ceremonies, receptions, parties, dinners, studio sessions and many other functions throughout South-East Michigan for over a decade. Shawn can perform as a solo violinist (Acoustic or Electric) for your ceremony creating beautiful solo violin tones and also create big multi-musician sound with looping effects. His musical skills span beyond classical music. As a solo violinist He performs many styles of music (Classical, Jazz, Fiddle, Rock, etc.), and can arrange music by request to make your event special for no extra charge!

Instruments

Violin

Classical, Country, Dance, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Celtic, Klezmer, World Music

Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Wedding

Live Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Waterford, MI South-East Michigan (248) 787-7503

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Rachel W

Shawn was perfect and we absolutely could not have asked for anything more from him. He went above and beyond at our wedding and made it incredibly special. EVERYONE raved about him that night and guests are still asking me about him. We highly recommend him!

Ceremony

Reviewed on 1/28/2015 emily s

Shawn was amazing! When I met him the first time he immediately put me at ease, since he seemed experienced in playing for weddings. He was so helpful in choosing a music playlist for the ceremony. His violin definitely added the perfect touch. I received many compliments from... Read More my guests regarding how nice it was to have pre and post ceremony violin playing in the background. I would definitely recommend Shawn!

Exceptional highly recommend

Reviewed on 1/18/2015 Natalie G

Shawn was extremely professional from the get go. Very organized and most importantly very well versed in all music genres. Communication never let us down and he was early and prepared for our ceremony. We were very pleased with his work and I would definitely recommend him to... Read More anyone!

Reviewed on 3/27/2017 Stephanie L

Shawn was the greatest choice we could have made for a musician and a DJ for our wedding! Shawn met with us via phone, in person, and via Skype prior to our wedding. Each time he was full of advice, enthusiasm and attentiveness, to ensure that our day would be EXACTLY what we... Read More want. Well, despite all of that planning to get exactly what we wanted, Shawn FAR exceeded our expectations! Shawn played violin for our ceremony, played strolling violin for our cocktail hour, and then was our DJ (and played along on violin a few times!) for our reception. He was absolutely perfect at reading the crowd, getting everybody excited, and even getting down and dancing/showing dances to the guests! He found a way to pump up the party without taking attention from the bride and groom. We NEVER had an empty dance floor as a result. Everybody raved at how amazing Shawn was and how energetic he was. He was by far the best choice we could have made. He made us feel so comfortable, and really took the time to get to know us, our preferences, and our style that on our wedding day, it felt like we had a good friend that we trusted as MC and DJ to our wedding. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU SHAWN!!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Kaitlyn H

We cannot thank Shawn enough for everything! He was incredibly professional and helpful throughout the entire process. His advice for how to plan the night was so helpful to create a smooth transition throughout the day and into the night. We have had so many people tell us how... Read More much they enjoyed the music. We had people who we never thought would dance, dance most of the night because they enjoyed it so much! Shawn not only played the violin for the ceremony and cocktail hour but he would play (and dance) along to a bunch of songs throughout the night. He was so much fun to work with and such a great addition to our wedding!! Thank you Shawn!!! Now we have to plan another event where we can work with Shawn again!!

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Stephanie H

If you want amazing, personal service and beautiful music for your ceremony, you MUST hire Shawn! There's a reason Shawn has an outstanding, five-star rating from all of his clients. It's because he is wonderful to work with and executes ceremony music flawlessly. We hired... Read More Shawn for our ceremony and cocktail hour music. Shawn has an amazing repetoire of music, and can play anything. We wanted to stick with classical music for our ceremony, but not the wedding "standards" (e.g., Canon in D, Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring, Ava Marie, etc.). We picked some obscure pieces for him, and he played them flawlessly. Our guests liked how he strolled through the crowd, playing the violin, during our cocktail hour. He's an incredibly talented musician. And, he's SO nice! And incredibly professional. He was by far our favorite vendor to work with.

Reviewed on 9/17/2016 Jackie W

Shawn was absolutely amazing! We hired him to play violin during the ceremony and DJ at the reception. Our ceremony music was beautiful, Shawn went out of his way to learn new music for our songs and made sure to send us example clips of him playing during the planning process.... Read More The music during the reception was everything we could have wanted, Shawn was so interactive with the crowd, he even got out on the dance floor to show how to do the cupid shuffle!! He played along with some of the music during dinner and dancing and always looked like he was having so much fun! We had so many people come up to us and say how wonderful they thought he was. He helped to make our day perfect and will be highly recommended by me to anyone looking for a DJ.

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Jordan T

Shawn was everything my husband and I hoped for...and then some! He played violin for our ceremony and was the DJ for our reception. From our first meeting to the end of our wedding, he was extremely professional and personable. He made a point to listen to our requests and play... Read More the songs for us that we were considering so we knew how they would sound. He helped us personalize our ceremony and reception with our music choices. During the reception/dancing, he played the electric violin along with some of the songs and our guests absolutely loved it! We got so many compliments on him (especially playing the violin during the ceremony). Shawn is the whole package and we are so glad we got to work with him. He would be (and will be) the first person I recommend to anyone looking for a musician or DJ. Thank you Shawn! Jordan & Justin T.

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Erin M

I cannot recommend Shawn Boucke's services highly enough! Not only is he incredibly talented, but he is also is so easy to work with and went above and beyond to meet our needs. When talking to guests at the wedding and in the days following, everyone raved about how incredible... Read More he was and several asked for his contact information for upcoming events! We hired Shawn as the musician for our ceremony as well as the DJ at our reception. As an electric violinist, Shawn provided beautiful music while guests arrived as well as for the entrance and recessional. He helped us choose the music we wanted and provided several demos in the weeks leading up to our big day. He made our entire ceremony feel even more romantic. One of the most special moments was Shawn playing the violin during me and my dad's first dance, it was absolutely perfect. As a DJ, Shawn kept the dance floor going all night! He played a great variety of music and was receptive to guests requests. He absolutely made the night! Please consider Shawn for your next event, he is amazing!

Reviewed on 7/16/2016 Colleen L

My husband and I hired Shawn to play the violin at our ceremony and cocktail hour as well as DJ our reception. He did an outstanding job on helping us select our music pieces, give advise on what songs to play when and kept the night flowing so smoothly. One of our favorite... Read More things was having him walking around and playing the violin during dinner. We chose Shawn because of his educational background on music and it proved to be well worth it!! I would highly recommend him to all!

Reviewed on 7/12/2016

I can not begin to describe the value that Shawn brought to our wedding. He made the day special with his skill, professionalism, and craft. I can not recommend his services enough for any event. Not only did he play wonderfully, he also worked with us and improvised when we... Read More had a lot of unknowns throughout the event. Shawn's range is huge, and he was willing to learn and tackle almost any song we threw at him. Specifically, we had a song--"Somewhere Only We Know" by Keane--that we asked him to play. Almost immediately, he recorded two different versions of the song for us to pick from. Not only that, but on the day of the wedding, we choreographed a basic dance to the song. We did not really even tell him how we were going to dance, but I am pretty sure he timed and improvised parts of the song, watching us until we were ready to end it. It was simply amazing to hear him play. Besides his talent, it is important to note that Shawn is incredibly flexible. When we skyped and corresponded with him, we honestly did not have much of a vision for how the day was going to go. However, he came up with several suggestions for parent-child dances and improvised any parts that we had not foreseen. We felt bad that we could not really describe how the whole event would unfold, but he performed wonderfully with the given information. In other terms, Shawn is fantastic at making your day unique and special, but he also has the range to improvise whenever it is needed! Every time we discuss the wedding with one of our guests, they always mention Shawn as a highlight. He really makes your ceremony that much better. I highly recommend him! By the way, he is incredibly professional with all contact, as he consistently checked in with us up until the wedding day. If you've seen his work on his website, don't wait! He'll make your event one to remember.

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Brad M

From the initial meeting to the wedding day, Shawn's professionalism and quality of service was out of this world! Shawn is an incredible violinist, but what sets him apart from others is his professionalism. His personality and wit helped to make wedding planning such a breeze.... Read More Shawn was very patient while we were picking our music, even after we changed our minds numerous times. Our guests loved him! Such a wonderful addition to our wedding day!

Reviewed on 7/07/2016 Cassie W

Shawn is so amazing and talented!!! He is so friendly and easy to work with.. We were pretty specific in songs and versions we liked and Shawn went above and beyond to nail them all. He was so accommodating and went above and beyond. He was at our wedding early and... Read More continued playing into our cocktail hour until things transitioned to the next part. His musical abilities were remarkable but he as a person was even better.

Reviewed on 7/04/2016 Chelsea C

Wow, what can I say about the job that Shawn did. When we first met with Shawn and he serenade us with his wonderful talent on the violin we were sold and it was great that he also DJ. On the day of the wedding he promptly show up very early to set up and cordinate the acoustic... Read More of the bulding and our outdoor ceremony while I was getting ready I could hear him warming up. Once the event began he was nothing but helpful to cordinate the day and was full of energy on the dance floor, all of our guest were impressed by his musical abilities. I would recommend him to anyone I know for a event they needed live music or a DJ.

Reviewed on 6/19/2016 Brooke M

Shawn was absolutely amazing! The ceremony music was beautiful, he did an amazing job as a DJ and we loved the way he walked around our reception hall with his violin during dinner! It was such a classy touch on our perfect night. Everybody at our wedding was raving about how... Read More great Shawn was. He made our night everything we could ask for. Meeting with and working with Shawn during our wedding planning was so easy, he really took some stress off of us. I would highly recommend Shawn for anybody looking for a talented Violinist and DJ! Thank you Shawn!

Reviewed on 6/17/2016 Christine B

Shawn was such a joy to work with. From the beginning of planning he was quick to respond with any questions or concerns we had. We originally found him for our violinist since he was willing to play any music we wanted. Our ceremony was non traditional and he was such a help in... Read More picking songs that would work together nicely during the ceremony. Because he was so easy and fun to work with we decided to use him as our DJ too and we are very happy we did. Shawn customized our music to our liking and even threw in some violin during songs and really impressed our guests. We had so many compliments about our DJ after the wedding and everyone thought he was a friend of ours because he was so down to earth and fun. For a stressed out bride planning a wedding it was refreshing to have someone with his talent and experience that we knew we could count on. We would definitely recommend Shawn for both violin and DJ.

Reviewed on 6/14/2016 Kathryn D

Shawn did a fantastic job for our wedding. The first time we met with him he asked in advance if there were any songs we wanted to hear in particular and had them prepared for our meeting. We wanted to have something different for our wedding and Shawn helped us make that... Read More happen between the formal violining at the ceremony and then improving at the reception along with djing. We got a lot of comments on how great our music was. We had an outdoor ceremony which it unfortunately rained at, but Shawn improvised and set up under a shelter with an amp so the guests could still hear the music. I would high recommend him for a wedding or any other event. Thanks Shawn!

Reviewed on 6/12/2016 Trista

Shawn is very talented and professional! We used Shawn Boucke at our ceremony and as our Violinist & DJ for the reception! The Violin at the ceremony was beautiful and really set the tone for our wonderful day! The Reception was amazing well. He worked around the room during... Read More cocktail hour and when our guests were being served. We wouldn't have done it any other way. When it came time to DJ, he absolutely understood the crowd and built up the atmosphere accordingly. All our guests were amazed when he played over songs of every genre with the violin. My wife and I would gladly recommend Shawn for anything music related! Thank you so much for the Once in a lifetime experience!

Reviewed on 6/09/2016

We found Shawn on The Knot when looking for music for our wedding ceremony. We found out shortly after booking at our site that there was no electricity running out to where the ceremony was--we needed to find someone who was professional and flexible with our situation. We met... Read More and spoke with several other musicians, but were not very impressed. I took my mom and sister with me to meet with Shawn and help me make a decision. When we showed up at his business, he was so excited to show us what he had to offer. After introductions, he pulled out all of his instruments and equipment immediately and began playing for us. He was able to show the differences in the different instruments he could use for the ceremony and the many different genres of songs that he could play. He performed several different songs he had used in the past at weddings and was able to even play songs that we were requesting to hear. We were so impressed that we booked and put down our deposit on the spot. While picking out songs and trying to nail down details, Shawn was extremely responsive and always willing to be as flexible as possible. The day of the wedding, he showed up early to set up and make sure that everything was good to go at the ceremony site. At the reception, several of our guests commented on the ceremony music--how great it was having a violinist and how nice of a job Shawn did. I would highly recommend Shawn for any upcoming events you may have. He is extremely professional, very flexible with music selections and is well prepared. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 12/15/2015 Dana

Shawn did an outstanding job playing violin at our wedding ceremony (with cello accompaniment) and DJ'ing our reception. We initially booked him for our ceremony only, with other plans for the reception, but when that musician double booked himself we reached out to Shawn and he... Read More came through for us seamlessly. We met in person once and did a Skype interview the week before the wedding also. Whenever I emailed him with additional items he responded within a day. He also posted a preview on YouTube of the three songs we personally requested to be arranged for the ceremony which was helpful. he is very professional as well as personable and easygoing. We received many compliments during the reception and the next day about him strolling around with the violin during dinner. Our guests seemed to enjoy this part the most.

Reviewed on 12/07/2015 Katie J

Shawn did an amazing job at our ceremony and cocktail hour. He showed up early and was very professional. I'm from out of town and so he put in extra time putting together videos for my fiancé and I to listen to when we couldn't make it in person. He made great suggestions and... Read More worked with the music we picked so that it all went together perfectly. Overall it was a great experience and I would highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 10/22/2015

Shawn was a huge hit at our wedding! Many of our guests were still talking about how awesome it was to have a violinist that created ambiance during dinner and also accompanied music without being the center of attention. He even patiently walked us through our options and... Read More selection form, with helpful recommendations. I think his best quality is reading the crowd and adapting to whatever happens – even requests for Polish music he can't spell : )

Reviewed on 10/18/2015

Shawn was absolutely great! He performed beautifully on the violin at our ceremony and then DJed at our reception. He came to our rehearsal to make sure everything went perfectly and it did. He is a very talented violinist. Shawn also did a great job DJing and did a perfect job... Read More of evolving the mood through the evening. He brought a great energy and a live music feel to the reception by playing his violin along with the music. Everyone loved it and we got tons of positive comments from our guests. Shawn also did a great job of helping us select musing for the evening and had lots of great suggestions and ideas, but was also entirely open to our own. It was a pleasure working with him from our first Skype meeting through the end of our reception and we highly recommend him.

Reviewed on 10/18/2015

Shawn was absolutely great! He performed beautifully on the violin at our ceremony and then DJed at our reception. He came to our rehearsal to make sure everything went perfectly and it did. He is a very talented violinist. Shawn also did a great job DJing and did a perfect job... Read More of evolving the mood through the evening. He brought a great energy and a live music feel to the reception by playing his violin along with the music. Everyone loved it and we got tons of positive comments from our guests. Shawn also did a great job of helping us select musing for the evening and had lots of great suggestions and ideas, but was also entirely open to our own. It was a pleasure working with him from our first Skype meeting to the end of our reception and we highly recommend him.

Reviewed on 10/06/2015

If Shawn's awesome sample music on his website isn't enough to convince you that he's the real deal, go ahead and shop around a little bit, make a few phone calls, and then call Shawn. His responsiveness and professionalism far exceeded that of any of the vendors we spoke with,... Read More and was incredibly reassuring. From our very first phone call, we knew that the music for our wedding day was in good hands. Leading into the wedding we had a few planning meetings with Shawn. He was very diligent in making sure he knew what we wanted, but also was experienced and confident enough to know when to just take the reigns and figure it out on his own. On the day of the wedding, Shawn showed up early to get set up and acquainted with the venue, further enforcing the professional way in which he handles his business. (Service providers showing up early on a wedding day is a very good thing, especially when there are so many things to think about.) We had a champagne welcome hour in which Shawn played his violin while guests arrived and enjoyed their appetizers. We asked Shawn to do a somewhat odd arrangement for the bride to walk down the aisle and he absolutely nailed it, timing and all. Finally, at the reception, the dance floor was packed. I'm sure this was due, at least in part, to Shawn's ability to read the crowd and keep the party flowing. We couldn't be happier with our decision to work with Shawn on our special day, and I'm sure you will be too!