Timeless. Elegant. Classic.

What do you see? Imagine it's your 20th Wedding Anniversary and you're looking through your wedding album. What do you feel? Are you smiling as you relive one of the best days of your life? Are tears streaming down your face as you recall the stories behind each picture? Do you see the happiness? Do you feel the joy? I want you to be able to hold onto the moments-- the ones that slip so quickly but never can be repeated. I want you to have mementos of the people you love, the pivotal characters who continuously play a role in making and shaping your family. I want to give you the chance to go back in time to remember the vows you made, the way you glanced at one another from across a crowded dance floor, and the crazy joy that knit you two together in saying, “I do.”

Classic, Documentary

Digital Files, Online Proofing, Photo, Printed Proofs, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Wedding Albums

116 Main St. #206 , Medway, MA Boston | New England (508) 612-2003
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Dawn K

Shawon was a FANTASTIC photographer! From our initial planning phases, to the day of the wedding and even after the wedding, it has been a joy working with her. She was always organized and 100% professional. Through every step of the process Shawon provided us with timelines... Read More and what to expect, which was very helpful since I had a lot on my plate. We loved our engagement shoot with her - she made us feel very comfortable and helped us get to know her photography style. Leading up to the wedding she was always in contact & coordinated a day of timeline with the venue. She also sent us the sweetest gifts in anticipation of the big day! She was the most thoughtful vendor I worked with for my wedding! When the wedding day arrived she came early and stayed late - she walked through the venue to get photo ideas and to set up. She also made sure that everyone stuck to the timeline! It was like she was a coordinator and photographer in one! My venue LOVED working with her and my guests showered her with compliments. She was never in the way and got amazing shots throughout the ceremony and getting ready phases. She also had some of these shots displayed for guests during the reception which our guests really enjoyed. She was quick to share the photos after the wedding and there are so many amazing shots that we don't even know where to begin! I would highly recommend working with Shawon if you want a personalized, high level of service from an experienced and creative photographer!

Reviewed on 8/16/2017 Janna T

When I think of my wedding day, I first think about how lucky my fiance and I are to have each other. Secondly, I think about how lucky we are to have found Shawon to be our photographer. Hands down, we couldn't be luckier. Shawon the photographer creates works of art that are... Read More professional, magazine-worthy, notable and award-winning-worthy. As someone with a photography background, it was important to me to find someone who was a REAL, professional photographer and that absolutely is Shawon. I poured through hundreds of portfolios and didn't love any of them--until I found Shawon's. Shawon the person is warm & fuzzy, professional, attentive, reliable, trustworthy and she goes above and beyond to build a relationship with you leading up to your wedding. Her work speaks for itself and we couldn't be happier with our photos. I know every bride is obsessed with their wedding photos--but I feel like we have more of a reason to be, haha. Look no further, contact Shawon right now, and pray really hard/cross your fingers that she has your wedding date open. It will be the best decision that you make for your wedding. It definitely was the best decision that we made <3

Reviewed on 8/11/2017 Nina S

My husband and I cannot recommend working with Shawon for your wedding highly enough. From the very beginning, Shawon really made this a great experience. The planning leading up to the wedding was stressful, and she always lifted my spirits and sent us encouraging reminders of... Read More the wedding ahead. Not only are her pictures absolutely stunning, but she is such a pleasure to work with - she really eased my nerves and kept me laughing during both the engagement shoot and the wedding. She paid attention to what details were important to us that we wanted her to capture, and what we walked away with are the most beautiful photos we've ever had. Our wedding guests are still enjoying our wedding which took place two months ago because we are all able to see the pictures and remember how much fun we had. She captured all of the laughter, love and beauty of the day in a way I didn't think possible. We couldn't be happier that we hired Shawon Davis Photography for our wedding, and we hope to work with her again one day!

Reviewed on 1/03/2018 Shannon L

Shawon was absolutely incredible! Not only is she warm, kind and funny, but her work is simply stunning. She is incredibly creative and hard-working, and she found a way to capture such beautiful, intimate shots. She also had a great way of warming us up so that our photos came... Read More out natural and relaxed! There are not enough words to describe how beautifully Shawon captured our big day...we are forever grateful!

Reviewed on 12/31/2017 Sarah S

Shawon is truly a gem and my husband and I adored working with her tremendously! As many have mentioned, she has the business side down. She was prepared for all phone calls and was even willing to give us an extra hour of photography after we decided we would be unable to take... Read More advantage of the engagement shoot that came with our package. What sealed the deal for us though was her personable and warm demeanor and her understanding of what we wanted out of our photos: laugh lines, tears, the real and the romance. She certainly delivered and we absolutely adore our photos! They remind us that behind all the small moments -- a touch, a look or a kiss -- is something grand in the simplicity. The photos radiate warmth. Throughout the process, she was there with gifts and tips (she recommended the hair and makeup company we used for the ladies) and reminded us to have fun during what was sometimes a very stressful process. On a more personal note, it was very important for us to find a photographer with the demonstrated ability to photograph different skin tones well, which proved to be difficult for us to do in the New England area. Shawon was a godsend for us here, as well. She is dedicated to the art of photography and finding magic in the moment (she didn't visit our site beforehand!). Choose her if our experience sounds similar to what you are looking for; you will be delighted!

Reviewed on 11/26/2017 Amy M

We highly recommend Shawon, not just because her photographs were beautiful, but because she was a delight to work with. She is incredibly friendly, which was great for a couple of awkward photo takers like my husband and myself who generally shy away from the camera but wanted... Read More great photos for our wedding day. She truly has the business end of things down: she checked in at all the right times; she has an amazingly detailed questionnaire to be sure that she got all the photos we wanted; a selection of our wedding photos were up on her blog a few days after our ceremony so friends and family could check them out right away; and our final photo gallery was available to us a month after our wedding. She also provides great information about timing for photos - which helped me when pulling together our timeline for the day. We're so happy she was our wedding photographer!

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Colleen O

I cannot recommend Shawon Davis highly enough! She was an absolute pleasure to work with from start to finish. She has an incredibly warm, calming and kind personality and was very organized and responsive throughout the entire process. I always felt more relaxed, more prepared... Read More and less stressed about the wedding after talking to or emailing with her. She worked with us (and our other vendors) to create a timeline for the entire wedding day which made everything go very smoothly. She checked in often in the months leading up to the wedding and sent us surprise goodies which always brightened our day. Her work is absolutely beautiful and really does speak for itself. My husband and I are thrilled with our wedding photos (which came very promptly following the wedding!!). Our engagement session was also perfection and a great opportunity to get to know her better before the big day. Shawon helped us to relax and enjoy the moment while she got the most beautiful and authentic shots which perfectly captured all the love and joy of our wedding day. We really could not have asked for anything more.

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Rebecca F

Our experience with Shawon was fantastic from start to finish. She is warm, thoughtful, organized, and very talented at what she does. From my first phone call with Shawon I knew that she "got it" as far as what I was hoping to get out of the photography on my wedding day--that... Read More it's all about capturing the emotions, excitement, and presence of loved ones at the wedding in a candid and natural way. The day of the wedding, Shawon and her assistant Rudy were both a pleasure to have around and guided my husband and I and our bridal parties with kindness and a total sense of calm. Everyone hardly noticed them throughout the ceremony and reception but they were definitely there because they captured incredible shots :) ! We received all of our photos within 30 days of our wedding and they are absolutely wonderful. We will cherish them forever! If you are looking for a photographer who is a joy to work with, adds zero stress to your day/planning process, and delivers a fantastic product at the end of it, Shawon is the one!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Betty F

Shawon was everywhere taking the most wonderful pictures of my grandson's wedding. She did her work quietly without intruding on any conversations or activities. The results clearly demonstrate her expert knowledge of how to photograph a very happy celebration!

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Thien N

My wife and I are incredibly happy that we had Shawon shoot our wedding. Our family and friends keep telling us that she perfectly captured us as a couple -- plenty of photos of us caught in a moment of laughter, subtle expressions of passion, as well as big overt expressions... Read More when joking around. Looking through the photos Shawon got of our guests, I get to feel like I was in the middle of those cocktail hour conversations I missed. We got close-up and personal photographs between people, photographs that make us look like models, and "epic" photographs with us and the backdrop of our outdoor venue. Shawon runs her well organized business professionally while making us feel right at home with her the entire time. In discussions with her we always knew what was going on and how things would unfold. She provided a lot of expert advice while customizing the experience to our style and needs. Shawon constantly surprised us in delightful ways in the months prior to the wedding and chatting with her felt no different then chatting with a good friend. All of this we felt like we knew we would get following the introductory meeting with Shawon, my wife just knew that Shawon's big smile would make us happy to be around her and get us to come out naturally in the photographs. Shawon's prices, compared to others in the Boston area, were extremely competitive and with the included engagement session became a no-brainer. Definitely cannot say enough good things about Shawon and we are lucky to have her set up shop in Massachusetts.

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Shadrach J

We loved working with Shawon. When we look at our wedding pictures, we are able to relive every moment again. She listened to our needs, she worked with our budget and she works timely. Everyone month leading to your big day she would send a reminder with some type of gifts,... Read More which made us even more excited for the big day. If we had to do it over, we would contact Shawon Davis Photography.

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 Pete T

We found Shawon on the recommendation of Alicia, the event coordinator for the Norton Country Club (who we also highly recommend). Shawon is a very, very very good photographer - far above all other photographers we know. She is a great person to work with, lots of fun and... Read More brings out the best in everyone. Her engagement shooting was amazing then and we were grateful enough for that. By the time she was done with our wedding at the end of July 2017 we were extremely grateful and recommend Shawon in the hopes that someone else can be grateful to her, as well.

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Jake and K

Shawon Davis photographed our wedding this summer (2017), and we absolutely could not have had a more positive experience working with her. She was the best vendor that we worked with and was definitely the best financial investment that we made during our wedding planning... Read More process. In the months leading up to the wedding, she stayed in close contact with us, helping us plan for the photography aspect of the wedding, and generally just psyching us up to get married (which was really appreciated during the stressful aspects of planning). She sent us a comprehensive guide, which was almost like a how-to manual with tips and suggestions for planning the wedding day so that were mentally prepared and able to get the most out of her services [sidenote: I have not heard of other photographers doing this, and found the guide so useful that I am passing it onto a recently engaged friend of mine]. On the wedding day itself, she was INCREDIBLE. She showed up early, stayed late, and generally just worked her @$$ off for us. Not only did she work incredibly hard, she was just a delight to have around: she has such a warm and positive presence, but is also very professional and great at managing people and crowds. I have seen other photographers be meek or ineffectual at directing people, but Shawon was the opposite: she was able to get all of our family/group portraits done very efficiently. She was totally unobtrusive during the ceremony and reception, and managed to get a lot of wonderful candid and posed photos of our guests, which we really appreciated. We loved spending our day with her, and were actually sad to see her go at the end of the evening! After the wedding, she continued to impress us with her lightning-fast turn around times. We had a sneak peek within a few days, and the full gallery of images within a month. This is definitely not the industry norm, and is just another example of how Shawon goes above and beyond for her clients. The photos themselves, of course, are beautiful. We will treasure them for the rest of our lives. We are so grateful to Shawon for all that she contributed to our wedding. She is the full package: wonderfully creative; organized, professional, hardworking; and a warm and lovely person to interact with. We cannot recommend her more highly.

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Ashley P

I can not rave enough about how amazing it was working with Shawon! I came across Shawon's photos on Instagram and I loved her style. She never stopped working for us from the moment we signed the contract until after the wedding. She checked in with us, gave great advice and... Read More recommendations and above all, she listened to what my husband and I wanted and executed it flawlessly. Shawon arrived early on the day of the wedding, took amazing photos without being intrusive and received compliments from all of the wedding vendors and a ton of our guests. After the wedding, Shawon kept in touch and told me exactly what to expect and delivered our photos earlier than what I had anticipated! I would recommend Shawon without hesitation! I am already trying to figure how I can plan another event just so that I can use her again!!

Reviewed on 5/10/2017 Fred K

Just a quick note to say what a pleasure to have experienced your skill first hand at Dillon and Dawn Kix wedding. I sincerely encourage those looking for that special someone to capture the essence of a couple during their wedding ceremony to run don't walk to engage your... Read More services. They will not be disappointed. Thank you.

AMAZING

Reviewed on 11/24/2015 Anais A

Shawon is the absolute best; I mean that. She is a true professional that does all things with excellence. She was very attentive to my husband and I throughout the whole process; not just the day of, but also leading up to the wedding day. She is a warm, sweet, and genuine. I... Read More enjoyed every minute of working with her!

Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 2/04/2015

Shawon was an absolute pleasure to work with! She has a calming and generous personality that helped put us at ease and had everyone smiling and laughing. The photos turned out absolutely beautiful (we received them quickly too)! Shawon has a great eye for color and light,... Read More and perfectly captured the mood and spirit of the day. Her skill and passion is clearly evident in her amazing body of work.

Exceptional!!

Reviewed on 1/29/2015

I would use this vendor again in a heartbeat and I highly recommend Shawon Davis Photography for all and any occasion. I am highly satisfied!

Shawon Davis

Shawon Davis is a Boston-based Wedding photographer who relocated from North Carolina and has called New England home for over 10 years. Originally in school to be a history teacher, Shawon brings her love for roots and backstories into her photography. She believes in tangible keepsakes and keeping what matters most at the forefront. Shawon loves movie nights with her family, decorating her home, and sipping on a warm cup of french vanilla chai tea. She and her family reside in a small town right outside of Boston. Her photography studio is located in Medway, MA.