Shelley Foster Photography

Dallas/Fort Worth + Louisiana + Destination

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern

Getting Engaged, After Party, Wedding

Dallas/Fort Worth, TX Dallas/Fort Worth + Louisiana + Destination (817) 239-4760

Reviewed on 11/11/2016 Erin L

I absolutely loved working with Shelley. She and I hit it off early on - she listens to what you want and has an amazing eye/talent. There was not a moment I didn't trust her, and that is huge for such an important day. It even rained on my wedding day, and Shelley was able... Read More to work around the poor weather conditions and get some amazing shots. Photography is a huge decision for your wedding because those pictures will be around forever - I'm very thankful I made the decision to have Shelley as my photographer!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Marla L

I can't sing enough praise for Shelley! She is absolutely wonderful to work with. I hate having pictures taken of me usually, but Shelley has a sweet, professional, and upbeat demeanor that makes you instantly comfortable in front of the lens. I am overjoyed by the quality and... Read More quantity of the our engagement and wedding photos. Its really hard to pick a favorite picture, they're that good. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking to capture memorable moments in their life. You won't be disappointed! Our wedding was Novomber of 2013 and we still talk about how wonderful our pictures are and that we wish we still lived in the area so Shelley could capture all of our new milestones in life. Fantastic work!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Gisella C

I highly recommend Shelley. She knows what she is doing ! Her personality is amazing! She takes her time to make sure you get all the pictures you want. I would use her again !!!!!!!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Jordan J

I don't even know where to begin!! Shelley is the absolute best. We had a destination wedding so she took our engagement pictures, my bridals, and boudoir. She is so much fun and energetic. She immediately makes you feel comfortable and like you have known her for years. She... Read More goes above and beyond, too! She was willing to climb behind branches to get the perfect engagement shot, deal with my photoshop pickiness for my bridals, and completely make my awakeardness go away for boudoir. I found a lifelong friend in Shelley and my go-to, permenent photographer!!

2016-10-10T13:48:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Jordan! You & Evan were such a joy and I'm so lucky I had three whole shoots with you... at the end of them I couldn't help but adore you. :) I might've climbed into some foliage for the perfect shot... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Jordan G

I could not be happier with my decision to have Shelley do my boudoir, bridal, and wedding day photos! She was incredibly sweet and did an amazing job with everything. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for an amazing photographer and hope to work with her again in... Read More the future!

2016-10-10T13:51:17 Response from the vendor

Why thank you Mrs. Pressley! You were so amazing and trusting throughout everything & we have such gorgeous images because of that. Thank you for that and for letting me be a part of that perfect day!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Brie R

Shelley is amazing. Her photographs are wonderful and her great personality is infectious. I have high standards when it comes to photography and it was hard finding someone that fit my style and budget and I LIKED. Shelley even won the heart of our camera shy dog at the... Read More Engagement photoshoot. Her team was amazing and got the family photos done in a record time, so our guests weren't waiting and we could join in the fun! The thing I loved most about Shelley was that she caught our loved ones personalities perfectly. In fact, one of my most treasured photographs from our wedding is a picture of my grandfather, who passed away recently. Shelley just captured his warmth and humor and loving side so much in one photograph. I could never thank her enough for that.

2016-10-05T11:11:25 Response from the vendor

Brie, I have tears. I'm so thankful that photo of your Gramps would come to mean so much. Your kind words have completely filled me today, so thank you for that. Your wedding was one for the books!

Reviewed on 9/28/2016

As the mother-of-the-bride I was very involved in helping plan our daughters recent wedding. Everything was going great, booked our vendors and had a photographer then the ball was dropped. The photographer that was booked called and said they over-booked and would return our... Read More deposit. What a blow! But what a blessing it really was! Because of their over-booking we met Shelly Foster and she stepped in like the little spitfire she is and assured us she had it all under control and there wasn't a doubt in our minds that she did. From engagement portraits to bridal portraits to the day of the wedding, Shelly was always available and open to any idea we came up with. Her bubbly personality and energy made each session a fun experience for everyone involved. Shelly is a professional in every sense of the word and she makes your occasion as special as it should be. Shelly and her assistant went above and beyond on the day of our daughters wedding, not only were they photographers, but also an emergency seamstress and comic relief! I would highly recommend Shelly Foster Photography for your photography needs. She will make your occasion not only memorable but very special!

2016-10-10T13:43:16 Response from the vendor

Sherry! I cannot thank you enough for your kind words. I am also beyond grateful for that twist of fate that brought you all to me. Your family has been so wonderful, and I love that you get our "brand" of humor. ;) I miss... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Chandler D

LOVE!! Shelley was referred to me by my hair stylist. What a wonderful referral! I am so happy she was the one we had capture our day! I knew she was the one we wanted from our first meeting. She listened to every concern I had, even the tiniest ones! Any idea we came up with,... Read More she turned into a wonderful shot. There were a few things that came up on wedding day, like the rain! She worked around it with ease and made me feel so relaxed. I find myself looking back at all our pictures and reliving every one of them. There are so many great ones! We will be asking Shelley to take all our future pictures! She was such a joy to work with!! Thank you sweet Shelley for all your hard work!

2016-10-05T11:06:02 Response from the vendor

Awww Chandler! Thank you so much for your sweet words. I will forever be thankful to Tricia for sending you my way. I will remember your perfect wedding day (rain and all) with love, laughter, and more swords than I've ever seen before! I thank... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Morgan I

Shelley was the best!!! I am so glad we picked her to do all of our photos! She was such a joy to work with. I am so sad that our big day is already over and we have no more pictures to take with Shelley! I would highly recommend her , her photos are great. I miss her already... Read More and We hope to see you soon Shelley! XOXO

2016-10-05T11:07:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much. I'm sad it's over too, BUT I am already looking forward to our next shoot! xoxo

Reviewed on 6/09/2016 Morgan T

I HIGHLY recommend Shelley Foster. She is the sweetest person ever and very passionate about her work. I called her for everything and she was always so happy to talk about my questions or concerns. She became a piece of family. After the wedding, I still plan to use her for my... Read More photos. Shelley did our engagement photos, my boudoir and the wedding photos. There was not one picture I did not like.

2016-10-01T15:43:43 Response from the vendor

Awwww! I absolutely feel like a part of your family. :) And for that, I cannot thank you enough for welcoming me into your lives & I so look forward to seeing your growing family!

Reviewed on 6/08/2016

Shelley as my photographer was the best decision I made on my wedding day well next to the decision to marry my husband. She was amazing, made it such an easy and carefree day and captured exactly what I wanted and more. She really got those moments that are so unexpected and... Read More enchanting , I seriously could not of picked a better photographer . Along with her amazing photo skills she has a warm personality that puts you at ease on your special day. More importantly she wants to make you happy, she's not all about business her priority is you and your wedding. I could not be happier with the way pictures turned out and I recommend Shelley photography to all my friends and family. Seriously you will not be disappointed if you pick her, I guarantee it 100 percent.

Reviewed on 5/20/2016 Mandy L

Shelley is absolutely amazing! I cannot say enough great things about her, she made sure we did not feel uncomfortable in front of the camera and actually made the photo-shoots fun! My now husband hates getting his picture taken but she made it painless for him. Shelley will do... Read More anything to make sure she captures the perfect photo (including standing on her assistants back to get the right angle, LOL). We used her for our engagements, bridal and wedding and every photo session blew our breath away. No matter the situation we were faced (foggy, rainy or windy weather) she ensured we got everything we wanted! As an added bonus she has the best personality ever!

The Amazing Shelley

Reviewed on 11/22/2014 Nalita T

So giving a review for Shelley is easy. I have a ridiculous amount of amazing things to say about her. Shelley is/was amazing before, during, and after my wedding day. She is consistent, professional, flexible, honest, lovely, and positive. She makes you feel special throughout... Read More the entire process. We knew she was the one from the moment we met her. Besides having fabulous photos she has a fabulous personality and work ethic. We looked at each other and said "is it too soon to text her?" We would have told her in the coffee shop she was it but we didn't know the protocol. So we waited to get to the parking lot after our meeting to text her. :) Anyway, Shelley stays calm, cool, and collected during the day and with a huge smile. She captured all of our special moments. I didn't feel like I had to be directing the whole photo shoot. People kept coming up to me after the wedding saying "I love your photographer!!! She was there in the mix the entire time!" I have had so many compliments on our engagement and wedding photos it's unreal. If you decide on using Shelley you will not be disappointed. She is ... The Amazing Shelley!!!!

Shelley Foster

Reviewed on 9/26/2014 Morgan

She did a great job! I used her for engagements, bridals, and the wedding. She was helpful every step of the way, provided all the pictures, the bridal portrait was amazing, and the wedding pictures were all I could have asked for! She is a sweet personality who becomes your... Read More friend along the way!

She gave me my 15 minutes of fame :o)

Reviewed on 8/14/2014 Clarissa A

Shelley was GREAT!!! I couldn't sing her praises enough. We loved working with her because she was so easy to work with and really listened to what we wanted. I asked her make sure we got specific shots and she made sure we did. My only regret was that I didn't get a picture... Read More with each one of my bridesmaids individually but that is because Shelley stayed to what I had expressed I wanted. :) Also, Shelley was so great and I joked about the tag line on "15 minutes of fame". During our pre-wedding photos, a group of bikers road through and she was snapping shots, those pictures ended up being one of the best photo bombs ever! Shelley made it easy to work with her while we were so far away (living in Washington state) and I was so impressed by her professionalism but also her playfulness (my husband is really sill - I love him!). She indulged his "shots" he had to have as well - which made him feel special. I would do it all over again and I would DEFINITELY make sure Shelley was our photographer!!!! Thank you Shelley for everything and for capturing the moments on film that I will never forget in my mind. You're the best!

BEST PHOTOGRAPHER BY FAR!!!!

Reviewed on 7/17/2014 Cristin

Where to start?! Shelley is the BEST photographer you will find so you can stop looking now :) We got married this past December and I was one of those super detailed brides who put way too much thought into everything, haha. We met with dozens of photographers before making... Read More our selection, and we fell in love with Shelley immediately! It was obvious she was genuinely excited about our wedding and she was so helpful throughout the entire process. She made sure she knew exactly what we wanted out of our wedding photos and thought of every last detail - she even looked through my Pinterest board of "Must-Have Wedding Shots" and made sure to recreate the poses for us! She shot our Save-the-Date photo, my boudoir shoot, our wedding day, and an after wedding shoot (in lieu of engagement photos). All of the photos turned out even better than I could have imagined!!! The boudoir shoot was SO much fun and she knows exactly how to make you feel comfortable and look your best from all those weird angles ;) During our wedding, I'm pretty sure she was laying on the floor or standing on a chair most of the time, doing whatever it took to get the best shots possible. We did our after wedding shoot at Turtle Creek Park and everyone who has seen our photos says they don't even look real they are so crisp and beautiful. And she took all of these with our (extremely hyper) golden retriever puppy's leash wrapped around her shoulder! When the photos from our wedding day were finished, she even invited us to her home to view them for the first time in a slideshow she had put together - complete with our favorite bottles of wine! The quality of her work is reason enough to choose her, but all the personal touches make her stand out from any other vendor. Looking back on our wedding, everything turned out perfectly and all our vendors were phenomenal. But I can say without a doubt, picking Shelley to be our photographer was the best decision we made, hands down!! Now we just need to have some babies so Shelley can take those photos too! :)

Perfect photographer for our perfect day

Reviewed on 7/13/2014 Dana O

My husband and I had such a pleasure working with Shelley. She shot our engagement photos and our wedding. We began with a few photographers in mind and Shelley was the first one that we met in-person. After meeting her, there was no need to meet with any others. She immediately... Read More made us feel very comfortable. We appreciated that she isn't an artist masquerading as a photographer. She explained that she is there to capture the moment and is most concerned about the couple getting what they want. We took our engagement photos in downtown Fort Worth. I don't think you're supposed to have as much taking engagement photos as we did. Again, she made us feel really comfortable. She wasn't pushy about certain poses. She captured us being us and people loved them. Shelley was awesome the day of our wedding! Like a typical wedding, things didn't necessarily go as planned and Shelley remained patient and flexible. In spite of the rain and bevy of amateur photographers in the audience, Shelley remained professional and took some great shots. Anything shot we wanted, she got. The pictures turned out wonderfully and we are forever thankful for her work. In fact, they turned out so good that our alma mater is going to use some of our photos for marketing! Throughout the process, she was available to answer ALL of our questions and she went above and beyond to make sure that we got everything that we needed. We highly recommend Shelley to any couple looking for a photographer. She is the perfect photographer for your perfect day.

Swooning over Shelley Foster Photography

Reviewed on 7/02/2014 Anna M

First off, Shelley is one of the sweetest most genuine people you will ever meet. Ever. Her passion and sincere love for what she does shows through every meeting she has with you and every moment she captures. She doesn't just make you look incredible she makes you look... Read More incredible in a way that your style, vision and personality shine through. She takes the time to get to know you- your likes, your dislikes, your dynamic as a couple and she caters to that entirely. Every detail that made our day wholly US from the most meticulously planned to the greatest of impromptu can be found/seen/FELT in our photos all because of Shelley's talent, creativity and consideration.

Shelley is Awesome!

Reviewed on 6/30/2014 Amanda F

I made the BEST decision in hiring Shelley to photograph our wedding. From the initial meeting, I felt very comfortable and at ease with her. She took her time (and notes) and made sure she knew exactly what I wanted. On the big day, she didn't ask me any questions (that is a... Read More BIG deal!)and was so super organized to get all the pictures before, during, and after the ceremony. Plus, she was amazing with all the goofy, difficult groomsmen! My entire wedding party told me how much they loved her!! After being in many weddings and seeing how the photographer can make your day SO stressful, having Shelley in the background (honestly I forgot she was there half the time!) getting EVERY shot I wanted was such a blessing!

Our Wedding Photos

Reviewed on 6/29/2014 Megan A

Shelley was just wonderful. From the moment we met her she was so easy to get along with and was very energetic. We had a 160 person wedding on a lake and the weather was not exactly perfect. Shelley was able to improvise and go with the constant change of the weather, we were... Read More able to get almost every photo we wanted. She was never in the way and we barely noticed she was at the wedding. I was beyond thrilled with her results and will most definitely use her again for our future family.

Shelley Foster Photography

Reviewed on 6/27/2014

We had the pleasure of using Shelley Foster Photography twice in 13 months. She did the photography for our daughter's wedding in March of 2013 at the Old Cotton Mill in McKinney, TX. Her name had been given to us by a friend. We had selected and scheduled meetings with 3... Read More photographers, she was the second. After talking with her and viewing her portfolio we canceled the third meeting and hired her. The wedding photos are fabulous and Shelley is delightful to work with. We never felt "intruded upon " and she captured every moment perfectly. She even arranged props and some " photo-booth fun " for our guests per our daughter 's request. Her attention to detail is amazing! We were thrilled to have her again to photograph our son's wedding in April of 2014 at the Room on Main in Dallas, TX. She captured the "urban vibe" that was important to my son and his wife and we have very special memories that will last a lifetime. She has a gift for capturing those perfect expressions that become precious memories. Highly recommend her.

Amazing Wedding Photographer!

Reviewed on 4/21/2014 Jill F

We could not have been happier with Shelley Foster Photography! On top of taking amazingly beautiful pictures, she was personable, sweet, and had amazing recommendations. She was exactly what we were looking for- someone who took photos we would treasure forever but let us... Read More enjoy our day also. She was so easy to work with, and she went well above and beyond our expectations. She also had the best recommendations for photos; our favorite photo of the day was a "sparkler photo" I had never heard of but she loved doing, and it turned out amazing! By far our favorite. We also wanted a photo book after, and the time and effort Shelly put in to making us an amazing album of our memories was priceless. I feel like as glowing as this review is it still does not do her justice, I would recommend Shelley to anyone!

Great!!!

Reviewed on 2/08/2014 sara s

Shelly was awesome! She totally listened to what we wanted and gave us great pictures from our wedding day. She really captured the feel of our reception and it was so wonderful to see all our friends and family beaming in all our pictures! She also did my bridal portraits which... Read More turned out beautifully!! I can't recommend her enough, you will love her!

Simply the BEST!

Reviewed on 1/07/2014 Taylor N

WOW! When it comes to wedding photographers- it does not get any better than Shelley Foster! From the first meeting she made us feel so at ease with the whole process. She was very thorough in getting to know our personalities and vision for our photos. My husband and I had a... Read More relatively short engagement (6 months) AND we moved to another state in the middle of it, but Shelley was very flexible and made herself available for us. Our engagement shoot was a breeze, and since we can be awkward goofballs in pics, I was really surprised when we actually had fun in front of the camera! Our engagement pics were edited and ready for viewing within a few weeks, so our Save-the-Dates went out on time. Shelley was out of town, and apologized for not being able to view them with us, but as soon as she had them ready she sent all of them via email. On our wedding day, Shelley came to my parents house, (45 min from wedding site) and took pics of the girls getting ready. She was so professional and fun, it made my wedding day even more full of laughter and joy. The ceremony was at 6pm, so we had just enough time before the sun set to gather the wedding party (all 24 of us) outside for group shots. The rest of the night, she was every bride's dream- she was always present to capture everything, yet she was never distracting or demanding that anyone "pose" or "do that again". About six weeks passed before she was done editing our wedding photos, and boy was it worth the wait! Since we live out of state, my parents viewed the pics with Shelley at her house, but we got to view them through Skype, which was awesome that she was so adamant my husband and I see them first as well. There were about 600 final photos which is awesome because she wanted us to have all of the special moments from the day. I cannot imagine better photos than these! My fiancé (who is somewhat reserved) said over and over that those were the best wedding pictures he's ever seen (a little biased, maybe ;) ). Afterward, she gave us the code to view the photos on her website, and gave us permission to share with friends, family, and social media. We also got a thumb drive with ALL of the pictures to keep! Overall, I cannot imagine a better experience or photographer. Shelley is SO fun, energetic, and down-to-earth, and her wonderful personality is exceeded only by her incredible talent as a photographer. If you're looking for a wedding photographer- Shelley Foster Photography is the way to go...you will not be disappointed! :-)

Shelly Foster Photography---AMAZING

Reviewed on 8/26/2013 Andrea M

Shelley is an absolute dream to work with! She made sure that she knew exactly what my vision for my wedding was and was great at communicating via phone, email and text throughout the whole process. That was very important to me because I was planning my wedding from out of... Read More state and communication was of huge importance to me. I felt totally confident that she would capture all the beautiful moments and be directive when need be for group shots and family shots. The thing that I love most about Shelley is that she is enthusiastic and truly loves photographing your special day. Her enthusiasm made me even more excited for my wedding day! On the day of the wedding she was perfectly prepared because she scoped out all the great spots to shoot at the venue before I arrived. Shelley and her assistant were upbeat and professional throughout the whole evening. Besides the posed group shots or family shots, I didn't even notice they were there! That is how amazing she is. She is able to artistically capture the whole evening without you noticing her presence. She didn't miss a single special moment that night. I was astonished at how remarkable all the photos were that she took throughout the night. It was nearly impossible choosing which ones I wanted to be in my album! (she creates beautiful mounted albums as well as portraits and prints). I can't compliment Shelley enough! If you want a photographer that truly caters to your vision, is a great communicator, and is unbelievably talented, go with Shelley Foster Photography!