Sheraton Mahwah Hotel

Mahwah, NJ

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Sheraton Mahwah Hotel - Grand and Scenic Ballrooms

Sheraton Mahwah offers several choices for your wedding reception. Choose from the Grand Ballroom on the Lobby level or Skylight Ballroom on the 12th Floor with breathtaking views of the Ramapo Mountains. Exchange your wedding vows amidst the outdoor gardens, reflection pools and stunning fountains.

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Hotel

Food + Catering, Planning

1 International Boulevard, Mahwah, NJ

Reviewed on 10/23/2013 Juli G

My experience at the Sheraton Mahwah Hotel was fantastic. My group stayed at the hotel for the entire weekend. We had our ceremony outside at the fountains and our cocktail hour and reception in the 12th Floor Ballroom. The staff was on top of our every need and request from the... Read More day we booked to the night we got married. We without a doubt had the best night of our lives. I would recommend this venue for both a ceremony and reception site. Having all of our friends and family in one place made our event even better!

Fabulous !

Reviewed on 6/05/2013 Pratiksha D

We recently on May 26 had our wedding at Sheraton fully coordinated by Felix. It was a year in planning fiance and I were both from out of state, but Felix was very helpful throughout the planning either by phone, email, or last minute in person appointments. I could... Read More not have asked for more! He knew the best vendors for specific indian traditions! The wedding was planned to be outside but unfortunately due to cold and rainy weather it wasn't possible. However we did use the Skylite ballroom and it was AMAZING! There are a few locations to have the ceremony which is great! After the reception in the Main Ballroom, Illusions (night club) was open for a after party- continued the fun without ever leaving! I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for a beautiful location, accommodating and outstanding service.

Perfect 10!

Reviewed on 11/13/2012 Kathryn W

I still have people telling me that my wedding was so beautiful and that this hotel was better than some extremely expensive banquet halls! Nancy Brady was so wonderful and helpful with everything! Nothing could have made my day better! Everything was perfect!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Trushar P

A wedding is one of the most important events of your life. Felix and team delivered! AND MORE! we had a picture of what our wedding day was going to be like, but that picture was blown away. The Sheraton Mahway's team, led by Felix, were beyond AMAZING. Felix was a great... Read More to work with. He accommodated all our needs prior to the wedding. Answered any and all questions and even helped with our vendors. On the day of, Dora (our Maitre'D) & staff waited on us hand and foot. They were there at our beckon call. We couldn't have asked for a better staff. They attended to all of our and ALL of our 500+ guests' needs as well. To say that we recommend the Sheraton Mahwah for your wedding is an understatement. The property is fantastic as well and offers some really great views for pictures. My wife and I had a truly magical wedding and a BIG part of that day was the Sheraton team! Thank you Felix and team. You will forever hold a special place in our hearts! T∞K

Reviewed on 6/19/2015

We had our wedding at the Sheraton Mahwah and we could not have had a better experience. Felix went above and beyond our expectations. He helped us every step of the way with all the planning and last minute changes. With all the chaos the day of the wedding, the whole staff,... Read More especially the maître d's, made us feel at ease and took care of the most minute details. We did not have to worry about a thing. Aside from the exceptional service by the staff, the hotel grounds are absolutely breathtaking. We wanted to have an outdoor ceremony because of the fountain and mountains in the background but had to move it indoors last minute due to the weather. Even the indoor space had an airy feel to it because of the spectacular views. All the guests had an amazing time and told us it was one of the most beautiful weddings they've been too. I highly recommend any event at the Sheraton Mahwah and will be pushing people Felix's way for their occasions.

Reviewed on 6/11/2015

We recently got married at the Sheraton Mahwah in mid-May and it was AMAZING. A full year of planning was totally worth it! We had a 350 person Indian wedding ceremony by the fountain in the outdoor space and the reception in the Grand Ballroom. Our lunch was in the 12th floor... Read More ballroom with beautiful views of the mountains and surrounding greenery. We are still getting compliments on our venue choice! Pros: Location - The hotel is in a secluded area. It's surrounded by beautiful views and the scenery is incredible from all rooms, floors, etc. The team! - Felix and his staff are incredible and really brought their A game on the day of. Our events were seamless and the timing was impeccable. The hotel staff, maitre d, and bartenders were all fantastic. Felix was great to work with throughout the planning process and was always available/flexible for meetings and calls for any last minute questions. His vendor recommendations were reliable and honest. Finally, he honored every request we had to the best of his ability. Venue layout - The hotel has a very unique layout which allowed us to come up with a unique itinerary of an outdoor ceremony, 12th floor lunch, ballroom reception. We felt it was really nice to be able to use so many different areas of the hotel, allowing guests to really feel a sense of change in events throughout the day! Cons: Poor landscaping - The hotel could use a facelift! From afar, everything looks really nice but upclose there a lot of details that need fixing. Not only is the landscaping bad but the inside of the hotel is a little outdated. Small hotel bar - The lobby bar can only fit about 15 people comfortably so a lot of our family and friends were forced to mingle/chill/hang out in their rooms the night before our events. BUT they do have a "club/lounge" type of room were we threw an awesome after party!! We planned an after from midnight-2AM with our DJ still spinning and cash bar with extra bartenders. Ballroom space - The ballroom is best equipped for 300 regardless of what the hotel might say, we had 350 and it just was under being too tight. Overall, we loved your venue pick and wish we could do it all over again!! We 100% recommend the Sheraton Mahwah.

Awesome wedding venue!

Reviewed on 8/01/2014 Kinjal P

This staff was absolutely AMAZING from start to finish! Felix Hidalgo was our sales manager and he was such a pleasure to work with. At the time when I got married, I had already worked in the South Asian weddings industry for 6 years. So for 6 years, I created this perfect... Read More vision for my wedding in my head. Also, I am somewhat of a perfectionist and was a very detailed bride which meant I was constantly driving Felix nuts. But he never once made me feel that way! He was always so welcoming and accommodating to all of our requests. What shocked me the most was when we received our final banquet order. I reviewed every little detail on that order but I did not have any changes to make. I’m not sure how he did it but he remembered every little thing we discussed! On the day of our wedding, we were in absolute awe! These maître ds brought their “A” game. Dora guided everyone perfectly. She was so helpful throughout the entire ceremony. She even guarded the flower girl halos until it was time! My family praised her efficiency many times even after the wedding. Frank managed the reception event and he did it so flawlessly. One of my friends asked my bridesmaid during cocktail hour, “What are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be busy with bridesmaids’ tasks?” Her response was, “see this is the thing about this wedding, it’s planned so well that we can actually enjoy everything!” I can honestly say that if you do not have a TEAM like Felix, Dora, Frank and bartenders like Jen…no matter how well planned your event is..the execution will not be as expected. Last but not least, my husband and I both had every single food and drink item on our menu that day! How many times do you hear that the bride and groom were able to enjoy every meal at their wedding? This and much more is all thanks to the Sheraton Mahwah staff. Thank you for making my vision of 6 years and both of our hopes and dreams a reality. Definitely one of the best bang for our buck!

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 6/22/2012 Jennifer M

We chose to do a reception in a hotel so that our guests would have a place to stay after partying all night. The view was phenomenal! The gardens and fountains provided beautiful backgrounds for our bride/groom and bridal party pictures. We dealt with Nancy, who was wonderful.... Read More We had our reception in the skylight room on the 12th floor. They have all glass windows from floor to ceiling and the room was just perfect. We had the whole floor to ourselves without having to worry about other hotel guests wandering through during our reception. We had a few little issues but nothing to ruin our beautiful and perfect day! The food was absolutely delicious both for cocktail hour and dinner. No one went home hungry or disappointed!

Reviewed on 6/10/2012 Rakhi K

I was married last month to my best friend. We had a multifaith wedding with a hindu ceremony as well as a church wedding and a big party. The sheraton had a beautiful hotel. The outdoor space was perfect for a hindu wedding. We had lunch on the 12th floor which was gorgeous and... Read More dinner and reception in the ballroom. The accomodations were great. The people especially Felix Hidalgo (absolutely outstanding)were wonderful and kind. It was a wonderful event and we made a great decision choosing the sheraton.

The Perfect Wedding and view

Reviewed on 5/22/2012 David C

If you want to have a great wedding with the perfect view you need to book here with the Skylight Ballroom that overlooks the mountains. The view from the room is what sold me on having to have my wedding here and I am glad I did. My account manager was Nancy and my MD was... Read More Dora both made the night perfect. No one left the place hungry and the room was beautiful. All the food was amazing and if you get a dessert hour at the end it is amazing. As this is a Sheraton you are not going find it as cheap wedding venue but every dollar you spend is well worth the reduced headaches you will have and the great night. Also they accommodated the wedding party with our own private cocktail hour so the guests would not see us before the grand entrance. If you book here you will not be disappointed they work very hard to make sure everything is perfect.

Reviewed on 10/15/2011 Jen B

Great food and location. Price and wedding planner could use a bit of work.

Just What I expected

Reviewed on 10/07/2011 Kristina B

I was happy with my wedding at the Sheraton. My guests were impressed with the rooms, especially the price. My husband and I were upgraded to the Presidential Suite and did not want to leave the next day. Martin was fantastic and helped us through every step of the process.... Read More The only thing I was unhappy with was my disappearing flowers. I had 12 HUGE (expensive) centerpieces that I wanted to give to family and friends at my brunch the next day, but when it came time, they were missing. Frank (the Maitre'd) said that they were not thrown away, but... they were no where to be found. There was no apology for this and it really ticked off my mother. The brunch was fantastic; definitely worth it, yummy, and your guests will thank you. The Sheraton knows what they are doing and they deliver on everything you ask of them... just make sure to keep an eye on your flowers.

My Dream Venue

Reviewed on 7/25/2011 Katie R

The Sheraton was the ONLY place I wanted to have my wedding. When my husband and I got engaged I automatically said I wanted to go see the Sheraton. I fell in love with the hotel right away! We did look at some other venues just for comparison, but we decided to go with our... Read More first choice. From the moment we booked (in 2009 for our June, 2011 wedding) the staff, especially Martin Shanley - our event coordinator, were great! They worked with us ever step of the way and gave us upgrades on our package! When the wedding day finally came, every little detail was taken care of ... from the cocktail hour to the honeymoon (presidential) suite the Sheraton was truly the perfect venue! If you decide to have a wedding there you will not be disappointed!!! Three suggestions: 1. Get the Mashed Potato bar at the cocktail hour (I didn't get a chance to eat it myself, but ALL of my guests raved about it! 2. Choose the upstairs ballroom. It offers all the positives of getting married in a hotel, while also providing AMAZING views! and finally, 3. Ask for RITA as a bartender ... she was wonderful and kept all of our guests happy!! I wish I could throw a party at the Sheraton every year!!! It was amazing! Oh, and FRANK the Maitre 'd, was also wonderful. He attended to my and my husband's every need all night long and he was always there when we needed him whether we knew it or not!!!

Beautiful wedding, beautiful location

Reviewed on 6/25/2011 Padma K

I love the Sheraton Crossroads. Martin Shanley, the coordinator, makes it very easy to work with them. They are very professional and work a lot with our vendors which makes it easy for them. The location was fantastic, staff professional, great cocktails and rooms for your... Read More guests! If you cater from outside, you still get food items from them, they set you up with Le Petit Gateau to select your cake (fantastically yummy!)

Very classy affair!

Reviewed on 5/14/2011 Amy G

I wish someone else I know is getting married soon and using the Sheraton so I can actually experience what all my guests at the wedding told me - that it was such a great event with delicious food, flowing liquor, and lots of people around to meet and exceed all of the needs of... Read More any guest. Martin, the catering manager, is so accomodating to any budget and he works with all kinds of weddings. I'm so happy that my husband and I made the decision to have our wedding at the Sheraton and I would recommend it to anyone that wants a hotel to be their reception site. The hotel rooms were very well maintained, very clean, and very comfortable. The group rate was very reasonable for all of our guests.

Great hotel experience

Reviewed on 9/14/2010 Jenn W

Having my wedding reception at the Sheraton Crossroads was a great choice. I wanted a hotel reception to save guests from travel, and thought the hotel offered everything necessary - great cocktail hour selection, tons of food; beautiful ballroom; and a lot for the per person... Read More rate. My sales rep, Tina, was great to work with, very understanding and flexible. Many of my guests raved about the hotel, the service they received and really enjoyed themselves. It really made for a great day!