Shoreview Community Center

Shoreview, MN

Capacity: Up to 300 | WEBSITE | PHONE

Elegant Setting, Affordable Pricing!

Entertain your guests in one of our elegant ballrooms. Experience the elegance of our Shoreview Room for your special day. You and your guests will enjoy the convenience of the Fireside Lounge, expanded dance floor & new audio visual equipment. You are welcome to invite any licensed caterer!

• Indoor Ceremony Area

Banquet/Reception Hall

4580 Victoria Street North, Shoreview, MN

Shoreview Community Center

Reviewed on 9/15/2012 Christy L

LOVED IT! The space was so big and two walls of windows that overlooked a pond and lots of trees! The celling is beautiful with wonderful light fixtures! Great space for eating and dancing the night away! Wonderful memories!

Beautiful on a budget

Reviewed on 12/25/2012 Sarah D

Shoreview CC has a beautiful ballroom that does not feel like a CC at all. It's a very clean, lovely space. The staff is also very helpful, and they have great amenities (kitchen, wifi, built in screen and projector, etc).

Better Than We Even Expected!

Reviewed on 5/15/2012 Emma B

We had our wedding and reception in the Shoreview Room and the Community Center. All of the staff was so pleasant and easy to work with, the room layout and set up was perfect, and the grounds had some really great areas for pictures. They also let us choose and bring in our own catering rather than having "preferred caterers" that you have to choose from. We got so many compliments from our guests about how beautiful and comfortable the location was and we couldn't be happier with the way everything turned out!

great

Reviewed on 7/22/2013 Kelly

I loved this place because it was nicely decorated and simple. The staff I worked with were very kind, fun and helpful. There was a little problem with my setup but after I talked to someone they quickly fixed it. I really picked this place because they allow you to make your own food, but then you aren't allowed to use their kitchen for anything.also they do not allow you to put anything into the ceiling or use a ladder to decorate, so do not pick this place if you plan on a lot of decor. Luckily I am okay with simplicity and at the end my guests loved that we made it more about us than about the decor.

Shoreview Room

Reviewed on 5/02/2012 Nancy Y

I chose Shoreview for my reception because I wanted a nice venue with an open caterer policy. The price wasn't too bad either. The Shoreview room is very nice, big (holds up to 300, a little tight but still enough space to move around), and your pictures turn out great. I didn't like the fact that you couldn't setup the day before but this wasn't a huge deal. My only complaint was that on the day of, it was very hard to find the person in charge. You would have to go to the front desk and then have that person paged. I still don't know who was in charge. I also wish that they had staff to clean up at the end of the night. This would have made everything perfect. Nonetheless, I wouldn't have done anything different. I would recommend Shoreview to any bride on a budget.

Great Place

Reviewed on 11/29/2011 Emily L

It was a really nice room and the sitting area outside it was great.

Bang for your buck

Reviewed on 9/06/2011 Amanda H

Shoreview community is a great location for a wedding on a budget. You are able to bring in any caterer so you can save a ton of money there. Also to rent the room, their prices are very reasonable. You aren't allowed to hang things from the ceilings (luckily the rooms have natural beauty!) so you save money by not having to add other lights. The sound system is not the greatest so if you play your own playlist make sure to bring your own speakers :) Overall a great place to hold a reception!

Would do it again!

Reviewed on 7/21/2011 Molly P

The staff was amazing, the room looked great, and guests loved the different spaces and the Fireside lounge. They were very accommodating and all of the AV equipment was fantastic.

Reviewed on 7/03/2011 Jessica H

Not many places in the Twin Cities area let you bring in your own caterer, so that was a real plus when choosing our reception location. However, on the day of the wedding, there was trouble with technology and we needed to go and find tech support to be able to show our slideshow to our guests. Overall, we were satisfied with our reception venue location and would recommend the location to future brides and grooms when planning their wedding.

Good for a smaller gathering

Reviewed on 2/03/2011 Deni L

We didn't choose this venue as we were inviting well over 300 guests. However, the space was nice and the staff were very helpful. It just didn't have the space and feel I wanted for my ceremony/reception

Only place I could find

Reviewed on 2/01/2011 Pam P

The shoreview community center was the only place that I could find that would let me bring in my own caterer. The "shorevie room" was beautiful and they set it up great. The price was very reasonable and I would recommend them to any one. The staff was also easy to work with and made it so much easier for me with all the planning that I had to do!!

Great reception site at a great price

Reviewed on 11/19/2010 Ruth B

The main ballroom at the Shoreview Community Center was the perfect size for our reception and it was very reasonably priced. You do need to bring in your own caterer and beverage service. This was exactly what we wanted because we could bring in our favorite BBQ caterers (Divine Swine). They even allowed my husband to shoot off MN approved fireworks at the end of the evening (my husband had to contact the local fire department to get approval). We had a great reception at the Shoreview Community Center and would recommend the venue to others.

TO Shoreview Community Center