D692bc15 0755 426d 96a9 fb6ea89c4786~rs 100

900 Main Street, Riverton, NJ (609) 932-0697

Our Wedding - January 10th

Reviewed on 1/27/2015 Nicole N

Shrewsbury String Quartet played beautiful music at our wedding ceremony.They were very professional, easy to work with and very accessible whenever I needed somthing. I highly recommend them!

Perfect (and affordable!) string quartet!

Reviewed on 6/18/2014 Edward G

Shrewsbury was perfect. Tony, the leader, was responsive and knowledgeable, and they were able to play exactly what I wanted for the ceremony. I would highly recommend them for both ceremony and cocktail hour music.

Excellent music; great to work with

Reviewed on 12/10/2013 Lauren W

The Shrewsbury String Quartet was great! We hired the string trio for our ceremony and are very happy with our choice. Tony was really easy to work with - he responds quickly and is happy to help with music choices. The string trio sounded great during the ceremony and the music... Read More really helped achieve the atmosphere we wanted.

Music Brought Tears to my eyes

Reviewed on 12/16/2012 Dana E

The Shrewsbury String Quartet did an amazing job playing at my ceremony. The music was romantic and was just the right touch for us. One of my favorite songs in Hallelujah and they were able to play that as I was walking down the isle.

An Elegant Touch

Reviewed on 11/03/2012 Ann K

The Shrewsbury string quartet really brought that extra special elegant touch to our wedding day. We saw them at a bridal expo in the beginning of our planning stages and from the second I heard them play, I knew we had to have them. They were professional, on time and we... Read More recieved a lot of compliments on having them. Would highly recommend, well worth every penny.

Beautiful!

Reviewed on 10/19/2012 Kristen D

I always wanted strings to be played at my wedding ceremony and when I was searching for quartets Shrewsbury was a clear choice! Tony was so easy to work with!! The music on our wedding day was soooo beautiful and I will never forget it! I remember looking over at them during... Read More the ceremony and they looked so happy and smiling back at me the whole time. Very professional and amazing at their job! Highly recommend!

Wonderful group!

Reviewed on 6/26/2012 Melissa H

Tony, the owner, is great to work with. Very helpful and informative, and gives great suggestions. Their music is beautiful. Unfortunately, I have not heard all of it yet (can't wait to hear it on the video) because I was the last one down the aisle, but everyone commented on... Read More how nice they sounded. Best of all, my husband discovered 2 days before the wedding, that Tony's wife was his (my husband's) dad's nurse at his nursing home since his stroke 2 months before the wedding. She helped him to arrange for an ambulance to bring his dad to the ceremony, which we never knew was possible. It made his day and was so special. They are a very kind couple! :)

Made the ceremony!

Reviewed on 6/10/2012 Ashley Z

I absolutely loved them and recommend them to every bride. I loved working with Tony, he is the sweetest guy. Everyone is still talking about how good they sounded during my ceremony. I am so happy I chose to use them!!

Exceptional Musicians & Professional Service

Reviewed on 2/16/2012 Caroline B

I am so thrilled with the service I received from the Shrewsbury String Quartet for my wedding ceremony. I thought that hiring musicians to play live would be out of my reach for budgetary reasons, but The Shrewsbury String Quartet offers very reasonable pricing. Their website... Read More is a fantastic tool, offering audio samples, musical selection suggestions/"most requested" lists, and online forms that made the planning process a breeze. Tony replied to every email and call quickly, addressing my questions and ensuring that our wedding would go perfectly. The quartet's music added an elegance to our wedding ceremony that you can't get from recorded music or a piano/organ on its own. I recommend the Shrewsbury String Quartet to every bride!

Absolutely amazing

Reviewed on 2/04/2012 Amy D

I hired the Shrewsbury String Quartet to play alongside a pianist at my wedding in September. I hate somber organ music and love strings so I thought it this would be a good substitute. I couldn't have made a better decision. The music was absolutely beautiful. I'm not a... Read More corny person, but this music made my ceremony magical. Tony was really easy to work with. He sent me a demo CD, discussed some of the pieces the quartet could play for my wedding, showed me an outline and suggested selections for different parts of the ceremony. The quartet knew the Catholic mass parts, kept up playing before and after the ceremony so there was no "dead air," worked well with the church pianist, and played a strings version of Bittersweet Symphony while my new husband and I walked out of the church. There was an audible gasp and huge smiles from the guests. We received tons of compliments on the music. I didn't have the ceremony filmed but now wish I at least had an audio recording of the music. I highly recommend the Shrewsbury String Quartet for beautiful ceremony music!

Wonderful ceremony music!

Reviewed on 9/04/2011 Amy G

We used Shrewsbury String Quartet for our wedding this past July. Their beautiful music really added a unique touch to our wedding. Leading up to the wedding day they were very easy to deal with and very responsive to all inquires and questions. My husband and I also love... Read More Taylor Swift and had seen a you tube video of strings playing the song "Today was a Fairytale". I emailed and asked if there was any chance the song could be played at the ceremony. They responded that they could not find an arrangement for strings, but if I could they would be happy to learn the song. I never came across the song, but was so happily surprised when they played it on our wedding day!! They far exceeded all of our expectations and many guests commented on how beautiful their music was.

Average

Reviewed on 6/30/2011 Meghan H

The CD and samples that were listened to online were great. We were very excited for them to be a part of the wedding. To the average person who was not really listening to the music they were fine, but the song I walked down the aisle to was very important to my husband, and... Read More they messed up on it just a little, maybe one or two wrong notes. They also had some harmony issues with the song the girls were walking down to. Other than that they were great!

Beautiful Music

Reviewed on 11/04/2010 Courtney L

The Shewsbury String Quartet made my wedding beautiful. My guest were greeted with music, which kept them entertained until my arrival. During the coarse of my ceremony, they were on point with when to start and stop the music. Everything sounded great. The website that they... Read More have for your to choose your songs if great. They allow you to listen to a sample of their music prior to you filling out their form. Very accessible.

wonderful musicians

Reviewed on 8/17/2010 Tracey S

The Shrewsbury Quartet are beautiful musicians. They did a wonderful job playing at our wedding and we recieved many compliments about their performance. Some music was not played during the ceremony that we thought would be played. The ceremony was moving at a fast pace so we... Read More are unsure if they could not keep up or if their was some other reason the music was not played. Tony at the Shrewsbury Quartet has a wonderful personality and is a pleasure to talk to. Loved these guys and would recommend them to anyone. Their music made our day extra special! Thanks guys :)

they SUCKED.

Reviewed on 8/09/2010 Caitlin M

i was incredibly disappointed with the shrewsbury string quartet. i had requested they play a list of beatles songs before the ceremony, which i had submitted months in advance, as well as two tchaikovsky songs for the ceremony. tony(the one i was in contact with), assured me... Read More they would learn these songs. well, they played them, but it sounded awful, off key, and squeaky. if they couldn't play the songs, then they should have told me right off the bat. when i had finished walking, they played an additional 10-20 seconds before someone told them to stop. additionally, they were suppose to show up at least 2 hours in advance of the ceremony to set up and practice with our vocalist. however, they showed up a half hour before the were supposed to start.

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Melissa B

The music was breathtaking. They are wonderful and very professional. They brought tears to your eyes when they played.

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Noel S

They were easy to work with, helped me with ceremony selections, made sure the ceremony was exactly how I wanted it. Fantastic service and amazing talent!

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Alyssa M

Shrewsbury String Quartet played beautiful ceremony music and during our cocktail hour- they gave it the beautiful taste we were searching for- what elegance- they really are a talented group. Without a hitch- Tony was available for all the questions I had pre ceremony and had... Read More good ideas to help us decide on music. They are highly reccomended.

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Taryn C

They were professional, punctual, and extremely talented.