"They came and shut it down!"

We are an energetic and entertaining team of DJs, lighting professionals, and videographers working weddings, corporate events, and private parties throughout the state of Florida. We believe the foundation of every good party is the music and you shouldn't settle for anything less than a DJ that can "Shut It Down!" Our talented DJs are handpicked from the hottest clubs but garnished with professionalism to keep your event high energy and fun, while keeping it clean and professional. We are truly the best of both worlds and we look forward to “Shutting Down” your next event!

Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Caribbean, Latin, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Central and South Florida (559) 744-3525

The Best Of The Best!!!

Reviewed on 12/22/2015 Forman L

Shut Down Productions and DJ BJ not only met, but far EXCEEDED, every dream we had for the perfect wedding!!! Our wedding was almost 8 months ago and people are STILL talking about our incredible DJ and drummer! Not only did they get the crowd dancing the entire night with the... Read More best music, but they also took pictures and put together a video for us to remember the night by. To be honest, their pictures and video were better than the ones from the photographer and videographer we hired. We had a wide variety of age groups at our wedding and DJ BJ managed to get EVERYONE out dancing on the floor with his amazing music and positive vibes. I simply cannot say enough about Shut Down Productions. They are beyond professional and take incredible pride in their work. They strive to make the party better than anyone can imagine. I cannot wait to throw another party just so I can use DJ BJ and Shut Down again. Shut Down is the best there is, hands down.

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Rachel H

Where do I even begin! My outdoor wedding was held Friday October 7, 2016 in Inverness FL. The same day that Hurricane Matthew made landfall in FL as a category 4 storm. This didn’t stop Immanuel from bringing the party to our wedding! He arrived a night early to ensure that he... Read More could be there for us, and even though a large amount of my guests couldn’t be there – he made sure that those of us that were, had an amazing time! From my college friend,s to my parents and grandparents – he had everyone out on the dance floor having an amazing time! No one cared about the rain, wind, or empty seats – because Manny made sure we were all too busy enjoying the moment! I couldn’t have asked for a better DJ! I HIGHLY recommend Shut Down Productions for any event you may be considering!

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Tiffany F

Don't hesitate..book this DJ! He made our reception so much fun..our dance floor stayed full the entire time. Everyone danced so hard we were sweating! DJ BJ was professional from beginning to end- I never had to wonder while planning my wedding in Florida from Texas.

Reviewed on 7/14/2017 Katelyn M

DJ BJ is the best!!!! He was so prompt with all responses and totally exceeded our expectations! I had so many guests from our wedding come up to me complimenting the DJ. He had everyone dancing and made our night an absolute blast. Thank you DJ BJ!!!!

Reviewed on 5/12/2017 Sarah H

Our DJ, Burton, was awesome and a pleasant surprise. We were not very specific about our music choices, and he hit the nail on the head. Our only request was that he not play line dances and he managed to keep everyone dancing without them. He is amazing and I would recommend... Read More him to all other couples tying the knot in the Miami/Orlando area!

Reviewed on 5/02/2017 Leah M

I love live bands and truly wanted a live band at our wedding, then I realized how expensive they were and knew it just was not going to be possible. I started researching DJs and came across BJ and Shut Down Productions. What really stood out to me was the addition of a... Read More drummer. I felt it would bring together my desire to have a band and my husband's to have a DJ and to be honest, we couldn't be happier with our choice. From the very beginning of our ceremony to the moment we walked off the venue property, the music was simply perfect! I had nontraditional requests for our ceremony and BJ never questioned them which was so kind. I totally forgot about music during the cocktail hour and just trusted he was a pro and knew what to do and he certainly did. While we were taking our pictures, I even turned to my husband at one point and said, "man he is playing some awesome music." Once the pictures, dances and eating was over, the party got started and it felt like it really never ended. There was never a dull moment and the dance floor was always full. I personally only left because my husband dragged me to get our caricature picture done, at first I wasn't too happy about it, I was having a blast dancing. I wasn't the only one enjoying it either, our wedding video perfectly shows how great the night was due to BJ and his sidekick Immanuel. We truly cannot thank them enough. Our wedding was almost two months ago and our friends are still talking about BJ. I would highly, highly recommend Shut Down Productions to anyone looking to have the "the best night/day ever!" Thank you BJ for your kindness and thank you to you and Immanuel for making our day, unforgettable. We are forever grateful!

Reviewed on 5/02/2017 Amy S

If you're reading this review you're questioning whether this is the right DJ for your wedding, and I'm here to tell you BOOK THEM NOW! My wedding was incredible thanks in large part to BJ and his crew. We had them play for our ceremony, reception, we had the drummer, slide show... Read More booth, a custom made monogram, lights...the works. We weren't disappointed with any of their services. I searched long and hard for the right dj for our wedding and I'm so glad we went with Shut Down Productions because our family and friends are party animals. Almost two weeks later and they're still talking about how good of a time they had. We danced all night long! Im the first person to complain at a party if the music is terrible, our wedding was exactly what we wanted it to be and more thanks to BJ and the team.

Reviewed on 4/16/2017 Nokomis T

We couldn't have been happier with the ceremony and reception. The music was exactly what we envisioned and loved that there was always someone on the dance floor. They were extremely easy to contact and very flexible to all of our needs and special requests. I recommend them to... Read More everyone!!

Reviewed on 4/05/2017 Monique E

I would recommend Shut Down Productions for any event. I used them for my daughters Sweet 16 and they were perfect. The dance floor was full the entire night. I defiantly will be using them again.

Reviewed on 3/21/2017 Brianna N

Shut Down Productions did a great job with our wedding. I worked with Burton on all the details. Then, on the day of he had an emergency and had to get a fill in DJ. The substitute DJ he sent was amazing! I still remember watching him get so low to the floor during a line dance... Read More that he was just laying there, egging the guests on. We got several compliments on how engaging he was. Even in an emergency situation they were able to meet our needs. And Burton made sure that the backup DJ received all the recordings, including a surprise from one of our bridesmaids. They also did a great job at moving the reception along in a timely manner and making sure that everything went smoothly.

Reviewed on 3/16/2017 Brittany H

Shut Down Productions is hands down the best DJ for your event. Immanuel was the DJ at our wedding on 2/25/17. Immanuel was excellent at keeping the party alive! He was also great at reading the guests, and was able to play a different variety of music to please everyone. He was... Read More on top of the entertainment the entire night! I would recommend their company to anyone! They definitely have me as a repeat customer for any future events I plan. Also Immanuel wasn't afraid of getting on the dance floor to teach our guests how to do certain line dances. All in all the experience was amazing! I look forward to doing business with them again in the future!

Reviewed on 3/07/2017 Victoria M

Burton was incredibly professional, and organized from the beginning. We went through every aspect of the event, and he followed through with everything. He kept the crowd happy with amazing music, and I could honestly say we had a blast!

Reviewed on 2/15/2017 LaTerria P

We absolutely enjoyed our DJ as he played he songs we initially requested from our playlist for our destination wedding. He was dressed appropriately, his equipment and uplighting looked amazing inside the venue. Although we had a small guest list, he kept our guest entertained... Read More and energetic as we danced the night away including our older guest LOL! Would definitely recommend him for any future event.

Reviewed on 2/06/2017 Theodore F

Burton also known as B.J. Live is a part of Shut Down Productions. Burton was extremely professional in the initial consults with my bride, Jacqueline, and I during the planning process, and during our January 22nd, wedding, he and his team greatly exceeded all of our... Read More expectations. Burton has an award winning team, who were very personable, and action packed. They facilitated our wedding ceremony and wedding reception in a way that left our attendees awe-inspired. In addition to the typical Wedding DJ services, Burton has a team that can do much much more. Jacqueline and I only wished that we could have leveraged more of what Burton (aka B.J. Live) and his team can do. I would highly recommend him and his team, and I would highly recommend leveraging all of Burton and Shut Down productions services and value-adds. You won't be disappointed!!!

Reviewed on 1/07/2017 Rebekah W

Wow, I don't even know where to begin. DJ Burton was absolutely the best choice for our wedding. We were very cautious selecting a DJ for our wedding since our guest age range was all mainly 20-25, we wanted to ensure that it would be a party and no one would think the DJ or... Read More songs were lame. But we selected Shut Down Productions and we are SO glad we did. The flow of the night was amazing, and perfect music selection. It was exactly the party we hoped for. If you're looking for an amazing night and a DJ you can trust, look no further. Just book them now.

Reviewed on 12/30/2016 Crystal M

Burton was very friendly and always available when I needed him. The music played at the wedding was phenomenal and fit our personalities. If you're looking for someone to bring the fun and best music then Burton is your guy!

Reviewed on 12/16/2016 Christopher M

Music is very important to my wife and I. So when it came to selecting a DJ for our wedding, we ran a pretty rigorous process to find the perfect one. That process led us to Burton at Shut Down Productions and I must say—it was THE BEST choice we could have made! Leading up to... Read More the wedding, Burton was VERY responsive and helpful—ensuring we were completely comfortable throughout the preparation process. At the wedding, Burton was an absolute beast! He paid very close attention to our preferred styles and song selection—keeping the dance floor packed with energy the entire night! We had COUNTLESS guests comment on how fantastic the music was. Quite a few even told us they'd never had so much fun dancing at a wedding. If you want great music at your event, HIRE SHUT DOWN PRODUCTIONS!

Reviewed on 12/02/2016 Javed B

Ceremony was excellent. Only a few selections that we requested that weren't played but overall, excellent service. Would recommend.

Reviewed on 11/27/2016 sarah r

I cannot believe how amazing Burton was! Truly played every song we requested ahead of time. Read the vibe of the crowd and went above and beyond to make sure young people and the older crowd had something to dance to. Burton also provided the up-lighting to our wedding which... Read More was beyond incredible! My vision fully came to life. Not to mention I was planning this wedding from New York and wasn't able to meet with him face to face, he did everything he could to assure me that he could get the job done. He was kind and patient and gave us great advice with everything we had questions with. He also was so responsive with every email/call. I CANNOT tell you enough how much your DJ makes the wedding. He MADE the wedding. Truly Truly Truly amazing. Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Ysabel S

I was a bit intimidated doing all of our wedding planning, especially since I did the majority of it long-distance. During my search for the perfect DJ I combed the internet for someone who would make our celebration fun and unforgettable for us and our guests. I had to go off... Read More of reviews and my gut instinct when I chose to book Shut Down Productions. It was one of the best decisions I made for our wedding! It's been a week now and our guests are still raving about the fun they had on the dance floor thanks to DJ BJ. He read the room and captured our style as a couple through the music perfectly. This vendor was prompt with replies, answered all questions that I had, and it was smooth sailing working with them. I could not recommend them enough!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 meghan r

They were awesome! with the many varieties of music and genre out there, I was a little nervous about them playing the right stuff but they managed to create the perfect party mix with my short list. They even had my grandmother up on the dance floor!! I highly recommend this... Read More combo -very exciting. I'd hire them again for another party.

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Catherine V

DJ BJ was so great!! Our families couldn't stop talking weeks after the wedding about how awesome the music was. Everyone was dancing all night long!! The type of music was on point and super fun. We hired the drummer as well to play along with some of the music, and everyone... Read More thought that was really cool! He did our ceremony music as well, and that went perfectly. It was awesome. Highly highly recommended.

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Symone A

I actually witnessed his work at a wedding Orlando and was so pleased, I requested his information! Burton was so professional and helped me through the song selection process literally days before my wedding! He provided a reception organizer, which in a nutshell, gives him a... Read More better understanding of what you want for your reception music & also allowing your ceremony to run smoothly. I was an hour late for my wedding, but he kept my guest entertained the entire time. It was a pleasure working with him! I would highly recommend Burton and Shut Down Productions to anyone for any event! Thank you for TURNING UP at my wedding!

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Jessica S

DJ Bj was amazing ! and was able to roll with last minute changes flawlessly! The music was on point and he read the crowd perfectly everyone was on the Dance floor and he dressed up for the occasion which I appreciated. ( as well as some of the single bridesmaids lol ) Very... Read More kind hearted and professional can't go wrong with shutdown productions! My wedding was a Hatian &Nigerian he was able to play both types of music to where everyone had a great time ! Definitely will be using them for my 30th next year !

Reviewed on 8/28/2016 Janet W

Shutdown did their thing at my reception this past weekend. They kept the crowd going and on the dance floor all night! I was absolutely satisfied and impressed! Shutdown definitely has a repeat customer in me! They are professional but hyped and lively all at the same time!

Burton Williams

After DJing corporate gigs, clubs, and radio I can honestly say nothing is more rewarding than weddings. Just knowing that my music bonds families and helps them enjoy themselves on their most important day is a feeling that can't be replicated at any other gig. When I began getting requested for weddings, I saw a void for club DJs in the industry, so I picked the best and started Shut Down Productions. I groomed them to dress and speak professionally as an MC during a reception, but they know how to mix it up and unleash the beast at party time! I cant wait to "Shut Down" your wedding next!