"They came and shut it down!"

We are an energetic and entertaining team of DJs, lighting professionals, and videographers working weddings, corporate events, and private parties throughout the state of Florida. We believe the foundation of every good party is the music and you shouldn't settle for anything less than a DJ that can "Shut It Down!" Our talented DJs are handpicked from the hottest clubs but garnished with professionalism to keep your event high energy and fun, while keeping it clean and professional. We are truly the best of both worlds and we look forward to “Shutting Down” your next event!

Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Caribbean, Latin, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Bow2018

Central and South Florida (559) 744-3525

The Best Of The Best!!!

Reviewed on 12/22/2015 Forman L

Shut Down Productions and DJ BJ not only met, but far EXCEEDED, every dream we had for the perfect wedding!!! Our wedding was almost 8 months ago and people are STILL talking about our incredible DJ and drummer! Not only did they get the crowd dancing the entire night with the... Read More best music, but they also took pictures and put together a video for us to remember the night by. To be honest, their pictures and video were better than the ones from the photographer and videographer we hired. We had a wide variety of age groups at our wedding and DJ BJ managed to get EVERYONE out dancing on the floor with his amazing music and positive vibes. I simply cannot say enough about Shut Down Productions. They are beyond professional and take incredible pride in their work. They strive to make the party better than anyone can imagine. I cannot wait to throw another party just so I can use DJ BJ and Shut Down again. Shut Down is the best there is, hands down.

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Rachel H

Where do I even begin! My outdoor wedding was held Friday October 7, 2016 in Inverness FL. The same day that Hurricane Matthew made landfall in FL as a category 4 storm. This didn’t stop Immanuel from bringing the party to our wedding! He arrived a night early to ensure that he... Read More could be there for us, and even though a large amount of my guests couldn’t be there – he made sure that those of us that were, had an amazing time! From my college friend,s to my parents and grandparents – he had everyone out on the dance floor having an amazing time! No one cared about the rain, wind, or empty seats – because Manny made sure we were all too busy enjoying the moment! I couldn’t have asked for a better DJ! I HIGHLY recommend Shut Down Productions for any event you may be considering!

Reviewed on 12/06/2017 Maria P

Nothing but the best things to say about Shut Down Productions! Burton was amazing! From day one we worked very closely together to put together an awesome party! He was always prompt on responses, professional, and on time. He knew exactly what we wanted, played all the music... Read More we love, and even played some Greek music for us which he put together flawlessly. He was honest and fair with his pricing and totally worth it!! I HIGHLY recommend using Shut Down for your next event. Thanks again Burton!!!!

Reviewed on 12/04/2017 BRIANA S

DJ Chocolate Rain (Immanuel Smart) was perfect for our wedding. Had everyone on the dance floor all night. Highly recommend Shut Down Productions.

Reviewed on 11/29/2017 Lindsay F

Hiring DJ BJ Live was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. One of our requirements for our wedding was a fantastic DJ and DJ BJ Live did not disappoint! He made our wedding day magical from the ceremony music to the reception music!! He kept the dance floor packed... Read More all night!! My husband and I were very impressed with everything that he was able do for us, especially his ability to be very flexible since we planned our wedding from across the country. DJ BJ is not only a fantastic DJ, but the gobo and uplighting he provided was everything that I dreamed of for the reception. I would highly recommend Shut Down Productions and DJ BJ Live for your next event! Thank you DJ BJ Live and Shut Down for making our wedding the amazing!!

Reviewed on 11/27/2017 Emily M

JayR was amazing! Very good at reading the crowd and knew how to keep the party going! We’d definietky recommend him!

Reviewed on 11/22/2017 Steffani B

Burton was absolutely amazing. Best dj by far. I would recommend him to everyone and anyone!!!

Reviewed on 11/17/2017 Gillian L

We had Manny as our DJ and he was absolutely perfect! He did an amazing job during our ceremony and played everything we asked for. Then, during our reception, he got the party started! He played every genre and read the crowd so well! I still have guests commenting on how fun... Read More our wedding was and how GREAT the music was. He was extremely professional and fun. He made our reception into everything we hoped for. Burton was also great and easy to work with. He responded quickly to emails and paired us up with the perfect match! Couldn't be happier!!!

Reviewed on 11/15/2017 Jill L

We used Shut Down Productions for our wedding, and they truly made our night so memorable!!! Manny did an amazing job keeping everyone dancing for hours - he truly knows how to read the crowd and caters to all ages!!! From pre-planning to execution, BJ and Manny were always... Read More available to quickly answer any questions we had, and make last minute recommendations based on their own professional experience. Their expertise is so clearly seen through all of the happy smiles and dancing feet during the Reception in our wedding photos. Highly recommend Shut Down to energize your social or corporate event!! You truly will not be disappointed by the memories they help make!!

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Lexy P

DJ Burton was the best DJ I have ever seen or heard at any wedding. He DJ our cocktail hour, dinner, and reception. He was always positive and upbeat and had every single guest dancing all night long. He was very easy to work with and always available to talk. He played every... Read More song that we wanted. If you want a dance party and a fun wedding reception book Shut Down Productions!.

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Tiffany F

Don't hesitate..book this DJ! He made our reception so much fun..our dance floor stayed full the entire time. Everyone danced so hard we were sweating! DJ BJ was professional from beginning to end- I never had to wonder while planning my wedding in Florida from Texas.

Reviewed on 7/14/2017 Katelyn M

DJ BJ is the best!!!! He was so prompt with all responses and totally exceeded our expectations! I had so many guests from our wedding come up to me complimenting the DJ. He had everyone dancing and made our night an absolute blast. Thank you DJ BJ!!!!

Reviewed on 5/12/2017 Sarah H

Our DJ, Burton, was awesome and a pleasant surprise. We were not very specific about our music choices, and he hit the nail on the head. Our only request was that he not play line dances and he managed to keep everyone dancing without them. He is amazing and I would recommend... Read More him to all other couples tying the knot in the Miami/Orlando area!

Reviewed on 5/02/2017 Leah M

I love live bands and truly wanted a live band at our wedding, then I realized how expensive they were and knew it just was not going to be possible. I started researching DJs and came across BJ and Shut Down Productions. What really stood out to me was the addition of a... Read More drummer. I felt it would bring together my desire to have a band and my husband's to have a DJ and to be honest, we couldn't be happier with our choice. From the very beginning of our ceremony to the moment we walked off the venue property, the music was simply perfect! I had nontraditional requests for our ceremony and BJ never questioned them which was so kind. I totally forgot about music during the cocktail hour and just trusted he was a pro and knew what to do and he certainly did. While we were taking our pictures, I even turned to my husband at one point and said, "man he is playing some awesome music." Once the pictures, dances and eating was over, the party got started and it felt like it really never ended. There was never a dull moment and the dance floor was always full. I personally only left because my husband dragged me to get our caricature picture done, at first I wasn't too happy about it, I was having a blast dancing. I wasn't the only one enjoying it either, our wedding video perfectly shows how great the night was due to BJ and his sidekick Immanuel. We truly cannot thank them enough. Our wedding was almost two months ago and our friends are still talking about BJ. I would highly, highly recommend Shut Down Productions to anyone looking to have the "the best night/day ever!" Thank you BJ for your kindness and thank you to you and Immanuel for making our day, unforgettable. We are forever grateful!

Reviewed on 5/02/2017 Amy S

If you're reading this review you're questioning whether this is the right DJ for your wedding, and I'm here to tell you BOOK THEM NOW! My wedding was incredible thanks in large part to BJ and his crew. We had them play for our ceremony, reception, we had the drummer, slide show... Read More booth, a custom made monogram, lights...the works. We weren't disappointed with any of their services. I searched long and hard for the right dj for our wedding and I'm so glad we went with Shut Down Productions because our family and friends are party animals. Almost two weeks later and they're still talking about how good of a time they had. We danced all night long! Im the first person to complain at a party if the music is terrible, our wedding was exactly what we wanted it to be and more thanks to BJ and the team.

Reviewed on 4/16/2017 Nokomis T

We couldn't have been happier with the ceremony and reception. The music was exactly what we envisioned and loved that there was always someone on the dance floor. They were extremely easy to contact and very flexible to all of our needs and special requests. I recommend them to... Read More everyone!!

Reviewed on 4/05/2017 Monique E

I would recommend Shut Down Productions for any event. I used them for my daughters Sweet 16 and they were perfect. The dance floor was full the entire night. I defiantly will be using them again.

Reviewed on 3/21/2017 Brianna N

Shut Down Productions did a great job with our wedding. I worked with Burton on all the details. Then, on the day of he had an emergency and had to get a fill in DJ. The substitute DJ he sent was amazing! I still remember watching him get so low to the floor during a line dance... Read More that he was just laying there, egging the guests on. We got several compliments on how engaging he was. Even in an emergency situation they were able to meet our needs. And Burton made sure that the backup DJ received all the recordings, including a surprise from one of our bridesmaids. They also did a great job at moving the reception along in a timely manner and making sure that everything went smoothly.

Reviewed on 3/16/2017 Brittany H

Shut Down Productions is hands down the best DJ for your event. Immanuel was the DJ at our wedding on 2/25/17. Immanuel was excellent at keeping the party alive! He was also great at reading the guests, and was able to play a different variety of music to please everyone. He was... Read More on top of the entertainment the entire night! I would recommend their company to anyone! They definitely have me as a repeat customer for any future events I plan. Also Immanuel wasn't afraid of getting on the dance floor to teach our guests how to do certain line dances. All in all the experience was amazing! I look forward to doing business with them again in the future!

Reviewed on 3/07/2017 Victoria M

Burton was incredibly professional, and organized from the beginning. We went through every aspect of the event, and he followed through with everything. He kept the crowd happy with amazing music, and I could honestly say we had a blast!

Reviewed on 2/15/2017 LaTerria P

We absolutely enjoyed our DJ as he played he songs we initially requested from our playlist for our destination wedding. He was dressed appropriately, his equipment and uplighting looked amazing inside the venue. Although we had a small guest list, he kept our guest entertained... Read More and energetic as we danced the night away including our older guest LOL! Would definitely recommend him for any future event.

Reviewed on 2/06/2017 Theodore F

Burton also known as B.J. Live is a part of Shut Down Productions. Burton was extremely professional in the initial consults with my bride, Jacqueline, and I during the planning process, and during our January 22nd, wedding, he and his team greatly exceeded all of our... Read More expectations. Burton has an award winning team, who were very personable, and action packed. They facilitated our wedding ceremony and wedding reception in a way that left our attendees awe-inspired. In addition to the typical Wedding DJ services, Burton has a team that can do much much more. Jacqueline and I only wished that we could have leveraged more of what Burton (aka B.J. Live) and his team can do. I would highly recommend him and his team, and I would highly recommend leveraging all of Burton and Shut Down productions services and value-adds. You won't be disappointed!!!

Reviewed on 1/07/2017 Rebekah W

Wow, I don't even know where to begin. DJ Burton was absolutely the best choice for our wedding. We were very cautious selecting a DJ for our wedding since our guest age range was all mainly 20-25, we wanted to ensure that it would be a party and no one would think the DJ or... Read More songs were lame. But we selected Shut Down Productions and we are SO glad we did. The flow of the night was amazing, and perfect music selection. It was exactly the party we hoped for. If you're looking for an amazing night and a DJ you can trust, look no further. Just book them now.

Reviewed on 12/30/2016 Crystal M

Burton was very friendly and always available when I needed him. The music played at the wedding was phenomenal and fit our personalities. If you're looking for someone to bring the fun and best music then Burton is your guy!

Reviewed on 12/16/2016 Christopher M

Music is very important to my wife and I. So when it came to selecting a DJ for our wedding, we ran a pretty rigorous process to find the perfect one. That process led us to Burton at Shut Down Productions and I must say—it was THE BEST choice we could have made! Leading up to... Read More the wedding, Burton was VERY responsive and helpful—ensuring we were completely comfortable throughout the preparation process. At the wedding, Burton was an absolute beast! He paid very close attention to our preferred styles and song selection—keeping the dance floor packed with energy the entire night! We had COUNTLESS guests comment on how fantastic the music was. Quite a few even told us they'd never had so much fun dancing at a wedding. If you want great music at your event, HIRE SHUT DOWN PRODUCTIONS!

Burton Williams

After DJing corporate gigs, clubs, and radio I can honestly say nothing is more rewarding than weddings. Just knowing that my music bonds families and helps them enjoy themselves on their most important day is a feeling that can't be replicated at any other gig. When I began getting requested for weddings, I saw a void for club DJs in the industry, so I picked the best and started Shut Down Productions. I groomed them to dress and speak professionally as an MC during a reception, but they know how to mix it up and unleash the beast at party time! I cant wait to "Shut Down" your wedding next!