Beautiful, hilarious, dramatic (just like you)

We will engage you. We will be in the fray. We will run around. We will show you photos on our LCD screens and laugh when you make funny faces. We will listen carefully. You will love your pictures. We will always give you what you want for a price you can afford.

Engagement

Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available

98 N Chesterfield Rd, Columbus, OH (614) 859-0004

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Karen N

You can stop looking, you’ve found him! Mike is the one. Mike is your photographer. Congratulations! I’m serious. If he is available on your wedding date, book him. You will thank me. I hope that this review will do justice for how flipping amazing Mike Stempler truly is.... Read More Mike has a remarkable ability to put you at ease. You feel as though you are with an old friend, and you find yourself laughing and having a fabulous time. He even managed to take fantastic photos of our awkward selves—not an easy feat. We look darn good. He is so talented and has a first-rate eye for exceptional shots. He captures candid moments like a boss, and the photography is astonishing. We frequently get compliments on the excellent photo quality. I love love love the photos, and he is the absolute best. You will not be disappointed. I recommend getting the additional photographer for the day—his help is just as gifted as he is. I will be forever grateful to Shutterhead Studios for so beautifully and wonderfully capturing our wedding. The day was a blur, and Mike’s amazing work will help me remember such a marvelous day for the rest of my life. I cannot thank him enough. Seriously, stop wasting time and book him!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Chelsea W

I don't even know where to begin! Mike will be our photographer until we are too old to want photos taken. Mike, with Shutterhead Studios is ridiculously talented. We met with him initially and had a beer with him to explain to him what our style is, what we wanted on our... Read More wedding day and what types of photos were most important to us. We did our engagement photos with Mike and our dog, Charlie and it was a BLAST. We felt immediately comfortable - he said, "how'd you guys meet?.." and then just started snapping. We were in love with our engagement photos we knew the wedding photos were going to be amazing. He takes candid, real photos. He captures the joy, the moment and makes us look GOOD in the process. I can't tell you how many compliments we've received on our engagement and now our wedding photos. My friends all adored him, he knew all of my bridesmaids' names and we were all were so comfortable with him. There is not one photo I would change. He stayed late into the wedding and danced around with us and so now there are a million beautiful and hysterical photos of our best friends and family dancing around being silly on the happiest day of our lives. We consider Mike a friend now. We will cherish our wedding photos always. I told Mike that I spent a lot of time with our wedding planner on details - flowers, tables, linens, signature drinks, etc. He totally understood and captured everything I wanted! He is incredibly accommodating, professional and just has pure raw talent!! You will be so happy you booked Shutterhead for your wedding day/engagement photos. Wedding photos are so crucial - the day goes by in a blink and trust me - you'll want beautiful, candid and genuine photos of the day. Can't say enough good things :)

So Good I Can't Even Come Up With A Title!

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Dreea D

My husband and I got engaged September 11, 2013 and married on August 30th, 2014. I had known about Shutterhead Studios since 2010. I lived in Columbus and had considered hiring them for my girlfriend's bachelorette party. However, due to many girls backing out I had to... Read More abandon the idea, but Shutterhead's work has always been in the back of my brain. The minute we got engaged I knew immediately I wanted Shutterhead to do our photos. Seeing the style and quality alone online was enough to get my fiance on board. I had a couple of snafu's in scheduling our engagement shoot and he was more than accommodating and understanding. When we all finally met for the engagement shoot, it was like meeting up with an old friend. So comfortable, so much fun! We got our pictures back in no time, and they were a hit! So beautiful, so unique with so much character and they totally captured US! Not fake, posey, plastered smiles. Now the wedding was incredible. It was by far the best day of my life, and the most fun I've EVER had. The entire day was a breeze. The photographers capture absolutely every moment you ask for, and some seriously amazing moments that you didn't. The candid photos of the bridal party, parents, guests, decor, you name it, they got it. I had hardly any requests and I can look at all of my 900+ images without saying "You know, I really wish I would have gotten a picture of..." They were a hit at the reception, made everyone feel super comfortable, and everyone had a blast. I can't tell you how many people came to me after the wedding commenting on how great our photographers were, and how they'd hire them in a minute if they had the chance! After the wedding, we received our photos (hundreds and hundreds of photos) within a month. A MONTH! I've heard of brides waiting up to 4 months for their photos. These people at Shutterhead are rockstars. Yes, they cost more than what else you might find online, blah blah blah. Read my lips, YOU.GET.WHAT.YOU.PAY.FOR! Shutterhead has great payment plan options, and can work with any budget. Your photos are NOT something in your budget you want to skimp on. These guys are the best. If I could, I'd have them follow me around everyday taking photos.

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 saka t

great

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Paul W

Mike was fantastic to work with and we absolutely love the photos he took of our wedding. His work is fun and unique and captured truly captured the spirit of our event. Our families and friends loved the photos. Mike was very professional and was great to have around on our... Read More busy wedding day to share jokes and keep us from going crazy. We will absolutely use Mike as our photographer if we should ever get married again.

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Andrew N

Not sure how many grooms log into the knot but had to make sure everyone knows how awesome Mike is!! Of course he takes incredible photos but my wife and I had a great time just hanging out and getting to know Mike at our engagement photo shoot and rehearsal dinner. Even if he... Read More wasn't our photographer he would have been invited to the wedding as an amazing friend. Hire him right meow!!!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Brooke R

I can not express how unbelievably incredible Shutterhead studios was for our wedding!!! We not only wanted pictures that showed the joy and details of our day, but it was important that the experience with our photographer was just as wonderful. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do yourself... Read More a favor and book this incredible team! It will not only make your day that much more perfect and fun, but you will have the most beautiful pictures that you will cherish for the rest of your lives!!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Joel W

Mike is the absolute best! He was easy and fun to work with during both our engagement photos and wedding. I was impressed with how simple he made the process while still managing to create small masterpieces. His pictures are awesome! We are so happy with our choice in... Read More Shutterhead Studios and would recommend Mike to anyone in need of a photographer!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Lillian E

We had so much fun with Mike at our wedding. He blended right in with our guests, took a ton of great shots, and came loaded with witty jokes and bad puns. Mike worked with us to make a package that fit our needs and the entire experience turned out way better than we ever could... Read More have imagined.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Lauren c

Let me start out by saying that I HATE having my picture taken. Thank goodness for Mike... He has amazing social skills and immediately made my fiance (now husband) and I feel comfortable. We were able to laugh and be freely in the moment with each other even with a camera... Read More staring at us. And the geniuneness that my husband I felt with each other was aparrent in every picture we received. I feel like not only is Mike able to create an atmosphere condusive to great photo opps, on top of that he has a beautiful, unique style that stands out from traditional wedding photography... He has a great eye, and the joy and openness in each colorful and sincere photo really stand out.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Jenna W

Hands down the best photographer! Mike is down to earth, funny, easygoing and genuine. Planning a wedding can be stressful, but Mike made the photography piece stress free! If you want to laugh and have a great time while having a photo shoot... Mike is your guy! Our engagement... Read More and wedding photos turned out AMAZING! My husband sometimes has that fake smile you spot from a mile away (come on, you all know what I'm talking about)... Mike was able to make that fake smile turn into a real one! You will be making a mistake if you don't choose Shutterhead for your next event!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Casey B

I wish I could give more than five stars to Mike and Shutterhead Studios. - Mike had an incredible eye for finding the pictures that perfectly embody the fun, joy, and love inherent in our wedding. Unbelievably candid, yet truly gorgeous shots of people as they truly are. I... Read More don't think I'll ever look better than I do in our wedding and engagement photos. These are the photos I will show my children to prove I used to be fun and attractive. - Mike was a true professional when it came to organizing our family for photographs. He knew exactly how to talk to our family--ranging from excitable 2 year-olds to grumpy grandparents--in order to get them where they needed to be. The whole process of family pictures was fun, efficient, and fast. - Mike is just personally incredibly fun to work with. He naturally sets people at ease around him, and he makes taking pictures into a natural, easygoing joy. Rather than going through a series of prescribed poses for our engagement photos, the three of us just walked through a park and goofed around. The pictures that came back were perfect. I'm getting a little misty-eyed just thinking about them!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Amelia V

We worked with Mike at Shutterhead Studios and cannot say more wonderful things about our experience. One of our biggest concerns in hiring a photographer for our wedding was that we didn't want to hire someone who would get in everyone's faces all night and create awkwardness.... Read More Mike was the answer to our prayers. He made everyone feel so comfortable and really helped us to laugh and be ourselves on camera, which made for some amazing photos. We've received so many compliments not only about the images, but also about how much people enjoyed having Mike there. We couldn't be happier with how things turned out and we will treasure our photos always.

2016-10-26T17:16:22 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much Amelia! I guess I somehow pulled off "in peoples' faces but not awkwardly." That feels like a victory.

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Heather L

We had an absolutely amazing experience working with Mike and Shutterhead Studios. Mike immediately made us feel at ease throughout the entire process, from initial meeting to engagement pictures to wedding pictures. He is very easy to work with and intuitively understood... Read More exactly the laid-back style of photos we were looking for. The pictures came out absolutely STUNNING. My husband and I and are families cannot stop looking at them because they perfectly capture the beauty of our wedding day and all of our happiness. We look like ourselves which we love, and Mike and Kelly were able to capture a lot of the goofier moments as well. We have received so many compliments about how fantastic the pictures are and could not be more pleased with the entire experience of working with Mike. 100% recommend!

Fabulous!

Reviewed on 11/17/2015 Amy W

Mike was amazing! We loved having him the day of and for engagement pictures before. He went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect and we got the best pictures possible. So easy to work with!

Wonderful photographers and beautiful photos!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Naila Z

When my husband and I were first meeting with photographers, we were immediately drawn to Mike with how friendly and funny he is. Also, as we were planning a long-distance wedding (we live in Florida), Mike was gracious enough to offer to fly down to Florida to take our... Read More engagement photos at no additional cost to us! Before we had even decided on a photographer, his offer to take our engagement photos in Florida for us was one of the major deciding factors. Despite Universal being crowded that day, Mike took beautiful photos of us and his photos really captured our (slightly awkward) personalities. We also had a (mostly) traditional Bengali wedding (3 separate events), and despite having little/no experience in photographing South Asian weddings, the photos turned out absolutely beautiful, especially the photos of our Gaye Holud ceremony! The candid photos of my husband and I laughing with each other and of our guests having a good time were my absolute favorites. I could not have asked for better candid photos and cannot rave enough about how it captured mine and my husband's love for each other. My sister remarked that the photos looked like they came straight out of a magazine. Also, Renata's "getting-ready" photos of my husband and his family turned out really amazing. We also purchased the YouBooth service, which was a huge hit with our guests! I'd definitely recommend this over a traditional photo booth any day (and will definitely consider using this service again in the future). My guests loved that the photos were much higher quality than a traditional photo booth and that there was more space for people to get silly and take fun photos. Our guests also really enjoyed interacting with Mike and Renata, as it really felt like they were more like our long-lost friends than our photographers. Mike spent a lot of time joking with our guests and even got my dad to smile for a photo, which was really an amazing feat in itself. I really enjoyed spending time with Mike, as I felt like we joking as if we were old friends. I could not have asked for a better relationship with my photographers. I was expecting more photos of me with my bridal party, and unfortunately, through the hectic-ness, I did not think to specify this to him during the wedding weekend. While we received more photos than we knew what to do with, there were a few photos I would have liked captured that I thought had been captured during the wedding. Renata had taken beautiful headshots and individual photos of my husband's family, but we didn't receive as many of me or my family. I had assumed, based on Shutterhead's previous weddings, that we would have taken similar photos with our families and wedding party, but due to the multiple events and planning/schedule chaos, it may have had to have been specified. Additionally, they were able to deliver our photos to us in essentially a record amount of time. While I've heard stories of wedding photos taking 2-3 months to get back to the couple, ours only took about 3 weeks. I could not believe it! Overall, I would definitely recommend Shutterhead to my friends and family (and already have!). If you can afford them in your budget, definitely go with them (and make sure you specify what kind of photos you want). The photo quality is impeccable, and Mike and Renata are awesome and hilarious people to work with.

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Gloria H

Professional, talented, friendly, conscientious, fun, energetic, creative. These are just a few of the words, in no particular order, that describe our wedding photographers—Mike and Erica. From the moment they started their day with us, they both made sure we were comfortable... Read More while quickly learning our styles and senses of humor. Mike has this great sense of humor that puts people at ease and that can elicit genuine smiles and laughs. When we got behind schedule during our formal portraits, Mike was able to give directions to the bridal party and family members without being bossy or affecting the mood of the day. During the reception, they looked as if they were having just as much fun as the other guests while still being able to get great pictures. We could not be happier with our decision to have Mike and Shutterhead Studios be a part of our wedding day. We believe that you get what you pay for, and they were worth every penny. Their business style is honest and flexible; we were able to customize our package to be exactly what we wanted, and in order to hit the right price point for us. They also stood by their business description (see above) as they engaged us, got in the fray, ran around, showed us photos on their LCD screens, laughed at our funny faces, and listened to us carefully. Most importantly, we love our pictures. Our wedding pictures are wonderful and beautiful and hilarious, and we attribute this in large part to the connection we were able to establish with our photographers. We would recommend Shutterhead Studios over and over again to any couple needing a wedding photographer (or for any other photographic needs)...unless you are against laughing and having fun and having beautiful, high-quality pictures of your special day, in which case, you should look far, far away from here.

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

We are so happy with all of our photos! My wife and I only wanted one thing from our wedding and that was for everyone to have a good time. We think they did and the photos captured so many great candid moments of all our guests enjoying the day. While being very... Read More professional, Mike also had a very relaxed and fun attitude which helped calm the wedding day nerves as well. We couldn't be happier and would highly recommend Shutterhead studios for any occasion.

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

Picture your best friend hanging out with you all day, making you laugh, singing with you and your friends on your party bus all while snapping the most adorable caught in the moment pictures. If you smile, he captures it, if you share an intimate moment with your soon to be... Read More husband, he captures it, if you get champagne up your nose and make this ridiculous funny face, he captures it...and then laughs at you. If you want pictures that show raw emotion, caught-in-the-moment giggles and an un-posed point of view, THIS IS YOUR GUY. I would recommend Mike over and over...wouldn't have wanted to share our wedding day with anyone else! If you're lucky enough to catch him on a weekend he's free, BOOK HIM. NOW.

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Brittany

My husband and I were immediately drawn to Shutterhead Studios because we wanted wedding photos that were un-staged and original to capture the emotion and personality of our wedding day. AND HOLY COW DID THEY DELIVER! Mike and his team will make you feel like close friends.... Read More They’ll joke with you and make you feel so comfortable that you forget you’re being photographed every moment of the day. We are head over heels in love with our beautiful wedding photos. Our families cannot stop raving about how much fun the photographers were and how incredibly creative/in the moment/perfect our wedding photos turned out to be. Mike and his team are willing to go the extra mile to get the perfect shot- do yourself a favor and book them now! Right now!

Like an old friend taking your picture

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

I knew Mike from college, many moons before he found his true passion in photography, but had lost touch over the years. After getting engaged, I knew that our biggest investment (not just monetarily) was going to be our photographer. I wanted our pictures to be unique, candid... Read More and varied. After meeting with numerous photographers, we were frustrated to find a lot of pictures that were staged and repetitive. We also knew were going to have a multiple day wedding, so we needed to find a photographer who we would be comfortable with for a marathon weekend and whose final product would consistently be exceptional after a multiple day event. It only took a few minutes to decide on Mike and Renata. Even after a few years, our first meeting felt like catching up with an old friend. Moreover, my husband was comfortable talking to Mike within minutes. His depth of work is vastly different than any other vendor with whom we had met. Mike was very flexible with package pricing and helped us to find something that worked with our budget and for our multiple day event. It is obvious he cares about his clients as much as he cares about his work. Throughout the entire wedding weekend, Mike and Renata were complete professionals, although it felt as though they were merely an extension of our family/friends. They created a comfortable and enjoyable atmosphere and gauged our energy level accurately. They knew when we needed to take a break and when we could keep going. The turnaround for the pictures was very quick, which was impressive as there were A LOT of them. I wish I could describe how elated we were with the final product, but all I can is that when putting our album together, we ended up adding pages because of the number of individual pictures that we absolutely adored. I highly recommend Mike and Renata for any event, no matter big or small, no matter how short or long. Their volume of work speaks for itself, but the entire experience is indescribably wonderful.

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Jen S

Mike and his team with Shutterhead Studios are absolutely amazing and so much fun to work with!! One of our friends recommended him to us and after our first meeting, we knew that we had to have him as our photographer! Mike is so wonderfully creative and made everything so... Read More easy for us! When we went for our engagement shoot, my fiance and I were both a little nervous about taking photos but Mike made us feel completely comfortable and even put up with our rambunctious little dog :) On the day of our wedding, you never even knew that Mike and his team were there! There were so many special moments captured and they were so inconspicuous as they worked. The photo booth was great and I loved that it was such a large space to use and you could see the photos instantly. The best part by far is our amazing wedding album. We have received so many compliments about how magnificent it truly is and our parents loved that they received a copy as well! If you are looking for an amazing photography team, my husband and I highly recommend Mike and Shutterhead Studios!

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Shannon B

I'm not even sure where to begin. When planning our wedding, there were a few things that were extremely important to us, with pictures being one of them. We had interviewed several photographers, but after meeting Mike and Renata, we didn't need to look much further. From the... Read More moment we met Mike, we knew his fun, bubbly, hilarious personality would be a perfect fit-not to mention his work was beautiful! Mike took our engagement pictures in October 2014. When we received the photos, I was blown away. He perfectly captured our vision and our personalities. I knew that our wedding pictures would be even more breath taking. My husband and I got married on 9-5-15. From the moment Mike walked into the room he was making me and my girls smile, laugh, and just be ourselves. Which I find is really important when capturing such an important day in your life. Mike and Renata went above and beyond on our wedding day. Whether it was lying on the floor to capture the perfect shot or sharing a laugh with us, they fit so well into our day and we couldn't have been more pleased. After the wedding (and even the night of) so many of our wedding guests made comments about how hard our photographers worked and what beautiful picture we were going to have, before we even got them back (which we knew would be the case). When we did receive our pictures, which was only a few short weeks after our wedding, I was beyond excited to open them. I was brought to tears by reliving our amazing wedding day and it was all thanks to Mike and Renata for their dedicated, hard work. Our pictures turned out beyond our wildest dreams and we will forever be greatful. For anyone considering a wedding photographer, Shutterhead is your guy (and gal) you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Kaitlin B

Shutterhead Studios was so much fun to work with. Leading up to the wedding we talked to Mike about what we had envisioned for our photographs. He drove all the way to Athens, OH with us for our engagement pictures! Those turned out beautifully. For the wedding we wanted the... Read More pictures to capture not only the event but express the love and happiness as well. The family photos were very professional and the reception photos really displayed the fun our guests had. The bridal party felt very comfortable with both photographers and said it was the most fun they had posing for wedding photos of any wedding they had been a part of. The bride-groom photos were my favorite though! Mike found some cool spots to take the pictures and used the surrounding area to find interesting angles. The pictures turned out wonderfully and we constantly get compliments by our guests about them. We posted some of them to facebook and almost all of our guests quickly changed their profile pictures to one of our posted pictures! That was a great feeling! My one friend said they were the best candids she had ever seen because everyone looked so good in them, they weren't all blurry nor did the people in them have weird faces. Mike was right in the mix dancing with his camera in the air taking photos everywhere! It helped also that he had been to our church (St. Paul) and been around our reception hall (Station 67) before which helped him set up photos. The preview for our books look amazing as well! I would definitely recommend Shutterhead Studios to anyone who wants to be able to look back at their photos and feel like they can relive each moment all over again. Thanks Mike and Renata!

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 Jessica S

We are so, so glad we chose Shutterhead Studios for our engagement and wedding pictures. Mike and Renata have been fabulous! We met Mike at our very good friends' wedding just before we got engaged. Not only did we love Mike and his fun, easygoing personality, but we also... Read More thought their pictures turned out gorgeous. When it was our turn to select a photographer, there was very little discussion - we knew Mike was our guy! From his laid-back demeanor to his ability to make us laugh and look natural in our pictures, Mike is a great partner. He listened to what I asked for, let me do all the silly things I wanted to do (pose by a street sign with our last name, do handstands in Schiller Park, take wedding pictures with the groomsmen sitting on a bridge downtown, etc.) AND caught very genuine moments throughout our big day. I did want some posed pictures, which turned out great, but what I love even more is how beautifully he captured the spirit and true feeling of the day with so many candids. We are so in love with our photos and the albums Renata put together. We will treasure these images. What was important to us was finding a company who would seamlessly work in the background, capture all the amazing moments throughout our wedding day and show us as our best selves. Shutterhead Studios was simply fantastic.

Mike Stempler

First and foremost, I want you to be yourself. But just in case that’s hard for you, I will be myself first. I’ll laugh and joke and be totally inappropriate and try to show you a little of who I am in the hopes that you will be do the same for me. I know, it can be scary, being vulnerable with someone. But you can do it. You’re you, and you’re awesome.