Beautiful, hilarious, dramatic (just like you)

We will engage you. We will be in the fray. We will run around. We will show you photos on our LCD screens and laugh when you make funny faces. We will listen carefully. You will love your pictures. We will always give you what you want for a price you can afford.

Engagement

Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available

98 N Chesterfield Rd, Columbus, OH (614) 859-0004

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Karen N

You can stop looking, you’ve found him! Mike is the one. Mike is your photographer. Congratulations! I’m serious. If he is available on your wedding date, book him. You will thank me. I hope that this review will do justice for how flipping amazing Mike Stempler truly is.... Read More Mike has a remarkable ability to put you at ease. You feel as though you are with an old friend, and you find yourself laughing and having a fabulous time. He even managed to take fantastic photos of our awkward selves—not an easy feat. We look darn good. He is so talented and has a first-rate eye for exceptional shots. He captures candid moments like a boss, and the photography is astonishing. We frequently get compliments on the excellent photo quality. I love love love the photos, and he is the absolute best. You will not be disappointed. I recommend getting the additional photographer for the day—his help is just as gifted as he is. I will be forever grateful to Shutterhead Studios for so beautifully and wonderfully capturing our wedding. The day was a blur, and Mike’s amazing work will help me remember such a marvelous day for the rest of my life. I cannot thank him enough. Seriously, stop wasting time and book him!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Chelsea W

I don't even know where to begin! Mike will be our photographer until we are too old to want photos taken. Mike, with Shutterhead Studios is ridiculously talented. We met with him initially and had a beer with him to explain to him what our style is, what we wanted on our... Read More wedding day and what types of photos were most important to us. We did our engagement photos with Mike and our dog, Charlie and it was a BLAST. We felt immediately comfortable - he said, "how'd you guys meet?.." and then just started snapping. We were in love with our engagement photos we knew the wedding photos were going to be amazing. He takes candid, real photos. He captures the joy, the moment and makes us look GOOD in the process. I can't tell you how many compliments we've received on our engagement and now our wedding photos. My friends all adored him, he knew all of my bridesmaids' names and we were all were so comfortable with him. There is not one photo I would change. He stayed late into the wedding and danced around with us and so now there are a million beautiful and hysterical photos of our best friends and family dancing around being silly on the happiest day of our lives. We consider Mike a friend now. We will cherish our wedding photos always. I told Mike that I spent a lot of time with our wedding planner on details - flowers, tables, linens, signature drinks, etc. He totally understood and captured everything I wanted! He is incredibly accommodating, professional and just has pure raw talent!! You will be so happy you booked Shutterhead for your wedding day/engagement photos. Wedding photos are so crucial - the day goes by in a blink and trust me - you'll want beautiful, candid and genuine photos of the day. Can't say enough good things :)

So Good I Can't Even Come Up With A Title!

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Dreea D

My husband and I got engaged September 11, 2013 and married on August 30th, 2014. I had known about Shutterhead Studios since 2010. I lived in Columbus and had considered hiring them for my girlfriend's bachelorette party. However, due to many girls backing out I had to... Read More abandon the idea, but Shutterhead's work has always been in the back of my brain. The minute we got engaged I knew immediately I wanted Shutterhead to do our photos. Seeing the style and quality alone online was enough to get my fiance on board. I had a couple of snafu's in scheduling our engagement shoot and he was more than accommodating and understanding. When we all finally met for the engagement shoot, it was like meeting up with an old friend. So comfortable, so much fun! We got our pictures back in no time, and they were a hit! So beautiful, so unique with so much character and they totally captured US! Not fake, posey, plastered smiles. Now the wedding was incredible. It was by far the best day of my life, and the most fun I've EVER had. The entire day was a breeze. The photographers capture absolutely every moment you ask for, and some seriously amazing moments that you didn't. The candid photos of the bridal party, parents, guests, decor, you name it, they got it. I had hardly any requests and I can look at all of my 900+ images without saying "You know, I really wish I would have gotten a picture of..." They were a hit at the reception, made everyone feel super comfortable, and everyone had a blast. I can't tell you how many people came to me after the wedding commenting on how great our photographers were, and how they'd hire them in a minute if they had the chance! After the wedding, we received our photos (hundreds and hundreds of photos) within a month. A MONTH! I've heard of brides waiting up to 4 months for their photos. These people at Shutterhead are rockstars. Yes, they cost more than what else you might find online, blah blah blah. Read my lips, YOU.GET.WHAT.YOU.PAY.FOR! Shutterhead has great payment plan options, and can work with any budget. Your photos are NOT something in your budget you want to skimp on. These guys are the best. If I could, I'd have them follow me around everyday taking photos.

Reviewed on 11/01/2017

We had a great time with Mike and loved his photos. He kept the group loose and went above and beyond the day of the wedding. We would definitely recommend Shutterhead Studios.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Rachel Marlena S

I knew planning an engagement session in Columbus and a full wedding weekend in Cambridge/Boston, Massachusetts would be hectic but put finding multiple photographers somewhat low on my list. Last fall, I simply needed fabulous engagement photos. Admittedly, I have strong... Read More opinions and speak them (as diplomatically as possible), and I started to feel like I was never going to find a photographer in the Midwest about whom I truly felt great. When I stumbled across Mike’s website and portfolio, I realized I had found the right match. As a disclaimer, I abhor the standard engagement shoots with unrealistic poses and misattributed quotations; I also have a husband who hates to be photographed. We were setting the bar pretty high. Enter Mike Stempler. We received so many compliments on our engagement photos, and so many questions of sheer wonder about how we were able to get such fantastic shots (I keep hearing, “It looks straight out of a magazine or ad campaign!”), that I finally started telling people, “Oh Mike’s phenomenal! We picked a few locations nearby that are meaningful to us, and he more or less just followed us around with his camera for a few hours.” While this is true, it fails to include how talented Mike really is, not just as a photographer but at making even the most introverted subjects forget the camera is even there. We loved the photos, and Mike’s style, so much, that we actually flew him out to Cambridge for our wedding weekend. A little crazy? Slightly extravagant? Yes to the first; not really to the second. Mike's prices are reasonable, and we will cherish these photos forever. Having him in Boston, especially knowing we had done a shoot with him before, made the photos that much more natural and fun. Our semi-impromptu bridal portrait session and first look in Boston’s Public Garden and Common went much like the engagement shoot, and I have no doubt that our wedding photos will be phenomenal as well. Do yourself a favor and stop looking for the perfect photographer. Unless you want highly traditional, stiff photos that do not really capture you and your personality, e-mail Mike begging for an appointment immediately. That’s what I did last October and we couldn’t be happier to have worked with him over the past year.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Laura S

From start to finish, working with Mike was an incredible experience that added a whole new level to our wedding day. He has a way of making you feel at ease on what is arguably one of the most stressful days of your life. Along with the amazing quality of his work, he knows... Read More exactly when to capture that perfect moment. He honestly felt like a close friend the whole time he was there. The phrase "you get what you pay for" couldn't be more true in this instance. The day of our wedding was indeed a special day, but Mike captured it to be special forever. We are truly grateful for the chance to have him be a part of our wedding.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Bethany B

Shutterhead studios is absolutely outstanding to work with for your engagement and wedding photography needs. So much so that I’m taking time out of our honeymoon in paradise to write this review...that’s how great Mike is! He is cool, relaxed, and will make you feel... Read More comfortable while getting stunning photos to capture the Best Day Ever! He is enjoyable to work with and respectful of the couples vision. Would definitely choose him again and again, and you should too!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 John L

When we first met Mike, we instantly knew he would be our photographer for the wedding. Mike is fun, easy to communicate with, and most importantly really really really good at his job. After having done our engagement photos with him (also fantastic), we knew he was going to... Read More fit right in with the wedding. It was a long day, but Mike’s personality, candor and humor made it fly by (in a good way). The attention to detail in his photographs, the moments and emotions he was able to capture—they made the day that much more memorable and enduring. Also, his dance floor shots are incredible. INCREDIBLE. We are so so thrilled we chose Shutterhead Studios. Mike, thank you so much for making our day even that much more special.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Michelle P

Thank you! Mike & Carmen are great!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 dawn f

Mike was the photographer for our May wedding near Springfield, OH. I can't rave about him enough! Not only was he professional, charming and unflappable through all the craziness, his artistry and attention to detail simply shines through in the amazing photographs. He was... Read More so helpful to us, from the very beginning. With so much wedding experience , Mike always had excellent ideas and suggestions for every detail when we asked for his input. We were able to rely on him for working with the venue staff and DJ to make sure our day flowed smoothly. It gave us a lot of reassurance (and calmed my mom down considerably) to know we were in such good hands. We really were able to relax and enjoy every minute of our day, and that was due in large part to Mike's constant presence. Our guests especially loved the photo booth and we have the most wonderful pictures as a result. Mike is creative, fun and clearly passionate about his art, and that is reflected in the fantastic pictures we now have to remind us of that wonderful day. Mike's the best. Hands down.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 drew c

My wife Lauren and I just got married down in Key West this past March and we decided to fly Mike down instead of finding a local photographer in FL. Easily one of the best decisions we made. Working with Mike was awesome. He's fun and energetic, but also very professional and... Read More his jovial personality just kind of puts you at ease. And more than just being a fun guy, he's an incredibly creative photographer. We absolutely loved all the pictures he took of our wedding and reception. If you are looking for a great photographer, I highly recommend Mike.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Megan P

Mike did a fantastic job on our wedding day. He was receptive, creative and very personable. He turned the photos around very quickly and my husband and I are very happy with them.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Jerry S

Mike is amazing! My wife and I could not have been more pleased with the experience of working with him. From our first outreach, to ending up with a great collection of photos, it truly was delightful. We were surprised at how easy and comfortable he made us feel, and his... Read More attention to detail, and being a true listener, absolutely gave us what we wanted. Without hesitation we would recommend him again and again and again and again and again.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Megan T

I can’t say enough about how beautiful our wedding photos are or how much Mike added to our enjoyment of the day. We were looking for something beyond “cookie cutter” wedding photography and are so impressed with the emotion and intimacy he is able to capture. He has a way of... Read More quickly putting everyone at ease and making the photography process seem natural. Mike seamlessly blended in with our wedding party and guests and was out on the dance floor all night capturing every moment. Our guests are still talking about how engaged he was in comparison to other photographers! Cannot recommend enough!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Christine L

Love, Love , Love Mike and all of our wedding pictures! Mike has a unique way of capturing the moment when you dont even know there was a moment to catch! He has a special gift for photography and this is displayed in all of his work. Loved working with Shutterhead Studios!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Carlie M

Bradley and I were very pleased with Shutterhead Wedding Pictures. The man captured a raft of magnificent shots of each of our 500 guests and the sprawling, 62-acre estate that served as our venue. The hardscrabble little man who runs Shutterhead Pictures demonstrated the... Read More etiquette that is paramount in any good worker. He was seldom seen, never heard, yet always industrious. He even--get this--lay on the ground to snap a pic or two. How fabulous! On the day I had been dreaming of since I was a little girl, the day I would wed my soulmate and forever become Mrs. Bradley Masterson-Walbanger, The Shutter and their adorable little attendant who saw to the photography earned a solid 10/10. Bravo!

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Sophia P

I am beyond excited for our engagement photos! Mike did such an incredible job! Not only are our photos beautiful but he was a pleasure to hang out with and made the process painless for my fiancé who is not into such activities. We are thrilled with the results and would... Read More definitely recommend using him for any and all of your events!

Reviewed on 5/07/2017 Lauren L

The two best things about working with Mike are, A) he's seriously talented and you'll end up with stunning professional photography, and B) he has a fun-loving personality that will put you at ease and get you laughing during the photo shoot. The end result is beautiful photos... Read More that show real emotions and memorable moments. We hired Mike for our engagement photos and wedding photography. He's also creating our wedding photo album. And with his creative eye, the photo albums he puts together become more like a work of art. We had a great time working with Mike, and we would highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 saka t

great

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Paul W

Mike was fantastic to work with and we absolutely love the photos he took of our wedding. His work is fun and unique and captured truly captured the spirit of our event. Our families and friends loved the photos. Mike was very professional and was great to have around on our... Read More busy wedding day to share jokes and keep us from going crazy. We will absolutely use Mike as our photographer if we should ever get married again.

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Andrew N

Not sure how many grooms log into the knot but had to make sure everyone knows how awesome Mike is!! Of course he takes incredible photos but my wife and I had a great time just hanging out and getting to know Mike at our engagement photo shoot and rehearsal dinner. Even if he... Read More wasn't our photographer he would have been invited to the wedding as an amazing friend. Hire him right meow!!!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Brooke R

I can not express how unbelievably incredible Shutterhead studios was for our wedding!!! We not only wanted pictures that showed the joy and details of our day, but it was important that the experience with our photographer was just as wonderful. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do yourself... Read More a favor and book this incredible team! It will not only make your day that much more perfect and fun, but you will have the most beautiful pictures that you will cherish for the rest of your lives!!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Joel W

Mike is the absolute best! He was easy and fun to work with during both our engagement photos and wedding. I was impressed with how simple he made the process while still managing to create small masterpieces. His pictures are awesome! We are so happy with our choice in... Read More Shutterhead Studios and would recommend Mike to anyone in need of a photographer!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Lillian E

We had so much fun with Mike at our wedding. He blended right in with our guests, took a ton of great shots, and came loaded with witty jokes and bad puns. Mike worked with us to make a package that fit our needs and the entire experience turned out way better than we ever could... Read More have imagined.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Lauren c

Let me start out by saying that I HATE having my picture taken. Thank goodness for Mike... He has amazing social skills and immediately made my fiance (now husband) and I feel comfortable. We were able to laugh and be freely in the moment with each other even with a camera... Read More staring at us. And the geniuneness that my husband I felt with each other was aparrent in every picture we received. I feel like not only is Mike able to create an atmosphere condusive to great photo opps, on top of that he has a beautiful, unique style that stands out from traditional wedding photography... He has a great eye, and the joy and openness in each colorful and sincere photo really stand out.

Mike Stempler

First and foremost, I want you to be yourself. But just in case that’s hard for you, I will be myself first. I’ll laugh and joke and be totally inappropriate and try to show you a little of who I am in the hopes that you will be do the same for me. I know, it can be scary, being vulnerable with someone. But you can do it. You’re you, and you’re awesome.