Signature Sounds DJ & Uplighting #DancingShoesRequired

Servicing ALL of New England! Ask about Destination Weddings

#DancingShoesRequired more than just our Hashtag!

Who wants a boring wedding? Email us today and see why our weddings rock! We are looking for Rockstar Couples that want an Epic reception! How do you want your guests to remember your wedding? Our couples tell us their guests still talk about the music at their reception. We aren't the guys who are going to hop on the dance floor and teach the cha-cha slide; but we are the guys who pride themselves on keeping your guests dancing All. Night. Long. We take a nightlife approach to the dancing portion of your reception. With High Energy beat mixed music to keep guests on the dance floor. We seamlessly integrate classics with today’s hits to keep everyone from Nana to your  little cousins dancing! Ask us how why #DancingShoesRequired is more than our hashtag. You'll be happy you did!

$ – Inexpensive

Arabic, Bollywood, Country, Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Latin, Pop, R&B, Rock

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100

30 Cutler St, Warren, RI Servicing ALL of New England! Ask about Destination Weddings (401) 424-1336

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Kristen L

As a former wedding planner, I knew that entertainment was a make or break element at any event. Choosing the right DJ was extremely important to us, as we wanted to ensure everyone had a great & memorable time. And Jay Friese from Signature Sounds did not disappoint. From... Read More start to finish, Jay made us feel comfortable and ensured us that we would be well taken care of. We met with him numerous times to go over the details & questions, which I thought was a testament to how detail oriented he is and how much he invests in each event he does. He likes to dig deep and really get to know the couples that he works with. He was even kind enough to drive an hour away to our venue just to do a walkthrough with us. That is the kind of service every bride & groom looks for. From the moment he started playing music at the reception, the dance floor was PACKED. I was even singing and dancing from my seat during dinner. No one ever left the dance floor because we were having so much fun. Jay really knows how to read a crowd and give the people what they want! We felt completely comfortable giving Jay the creative freedom over the music because we knew he understood exactly what we were looking for, and he did. Jay provided our uplighting as well. The uplighting was beautiful and was a perfect accent to the room. They use great, high-quality lighting. He also provided our Photo Booth as well which was a huge hit! They gave everyone a copy of their photos, as well as put together a book for Trevor & I that had everyone’s photos in it with little notes from each guest under their picture. We were even pleasantly surprised at the quality of the Photo Booth book! It was a beautiful faux-leather album with laminated pages. And we didn't even have to wait for it- it was ready for us to take at the end of the night! Jay really goes above and beyond to make sure that every detail is taken care of to the standards & expectations of his clients. I have worked with countless DJ's throughout my time as a wedding planner, and would highly recommend him and his team in a heartbeat. Thank you Signature Sounds!!! Kristen & Trevor

2017-10-18T15:29:10 Response from the vendor

Kristen, Where do I begin to reply to this amazing review? I truly appreciate the time you took to write this for future clients! I loved every second of your reception and didn't want it to end! I wish you and Trevor all the best!

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Frank G

We seriously couldn't have hired a better DJ for our wedding! From our very first initial meeting to our wedding day, Jay was easy going, organized, and energetic. His confidence was so infectious that we would leave every meeting even more excited for our big day. Being a... Read More former club DJ myself, my expectations were pretty high. Needless to say Jay blew it out of the park. From the uplighting to his energetic mixing, everything was next level. His ability to read the crowd was some of the best I've ever seen. Perfect mixes and mash ups that kept literally everyone on the dance floor dancing and singing along all night. The dinner music was also a highlight for us. Rather than your traditional jazzy dinner fluff, Jay played down tempo, acoustic renditions of top hits that guests immediately recognized, loved and sang along to. At multiple times during open dance floor, his custom mash ups played and blew me away. I would give Jay a cheers, and Jay would wink back. It was awesome to see him having just as much fun as our guests– you can tell the man genuinely loves his job. I cant recommend Jay enough and cant imagine our wedding day without him there. Thanks for everything Jay!!

2017-07-26T09:40:14 Response from the vendor

Frank, you and your guests were one of the most energetic wedding crowds I have EVER seen! From people bopping their heads at dinner I just knew we would have the night we did! Thanks again for putting your trust in me. Like you said... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Megan H

Working with Jay Friese (Signature Sounds and Lighting) was a wonderful experience start to finish. He is super organized and gathers tons of information to ensure that the event runs smoothly and to your satisfaction. Jay asked questions I never would have even thought of and... Read More was able to give lots of recommendations about other vendors and pieces of the wedding planning process. He is a true professional in this industry. We were able to find the perfect acoustic cover version of our song so that it was appropriate for our first dance. His transitions are seamless! Jay is truly an artist at what he does. Usually when you are at a wedding, the dance floor has to warm up a little bit before people get moving. My husband and I were thrilled to see that the dance floor was PACKED immediately after dinner, when the "dancing" portion had just begun! Jay knows exactly how to make the music flow for a wedding to appeal to the guests (i.e. playing more classic tunes early on so that the older crowd can enjoy it and playing more modern beats later in the evening for the younger crowd). The dance floor was seriously full all night long and everyone commented on how amazing the DJ was, which we already knew! As a bride with a budget, I know that you have to prioritize each vendor and decision you make throughout the planning process, but you cannot compromise on a quality DJ! The DJ sets the vibe at your wedding and plays a big role in ensuring that you and your guests are having an incredible time. I would absolutely hire Signature Sounds again for a stress-free, smooth and crazy fun time!

2017-06-20T15:19:18 Response from the vendor

Megan, Thank you SO much for the kind words. I had such a blast celebrating with you and your family/friends! I wish you Chris nothing but the best and I'll see you downtown this 4th :)

Reviewed on 11/17/2017 Brittany L

From start to finish, Signature Sounds does not disappoint. Each meeting with Jay and George allowed us to get to know each other, learn our music tastes and what our vision was for our day. We selected DJ service, uplighting and the photo booth. We HIGHLY recommend all three... Read More services. They really listened to us and evens surprised us with music to complement our theme - movies. George did a fantastic job with the music, we loved the movie sound tracks at dinner! We had family members that haven't danced in years (medical conditions) that were up and dancing! They said they couldn't not dance to certain songs - really made us smile. We have had so many people tell me it was one of the best weddings they've ever been to! Brittany and I couldn't have been more pleased with job your staff did with the photo booth and just running the wedding in general, the timing was perfect. Also, if you are on the fence about uplighting - just go for it! It really added another level to the ballroom. These guys know what they are doing! The added bonus was the photo booth - the ladies running the booth were a delight. Our guests loved it and we were surprised with a keepsake album of all of the shots! So sweet! With any luck we should be having a few more weddings coming up in my family and I'm going to be recommending you to all of them. Thank you and your team for making our day a magical one!

2017-12-26T11:38:56 Response from the vendor

Thanks SO much for the detailed review. We couldn't agree more about uplighting, truly does transform ANY space. We wish you nothing but the best and hope to see you at more weddings in the years to come!

Reviewed on 11/12/2017 Pamela O

We chose Jay as our DJ for our wedding this August, and we are so happy that we did! He was amazing. All night long our guests were commenting on what a great job our DJ was doing. He definitely knows how to keep the party going. We had an Indian Fusion wedding, and Jay did a... Read More great job with this. We provided him with a flash drive with some Indian songs a few weeks before, and he mixed them in with his playlist. He chose the best parts of each songs and mixed everything so seamlessly that the whole night just flowed into one big dance party. I'm a shy bride and usually not a big dancer, but because of Jay I was out on the dance floor all night long and had the best night of my life. Thank you so much Jay! Our wedding would not have been the same without you. Jay also provided the uplighting and the ceremony sound system for us. He wasn't doing the music for the ceremony or cocktail hour, but still arrived early in the day to help everyone set up for the ceremony.

2017-12-26T11:39:53 Response from the vendor

Pam, Thanks for taking the time to write a review, we love reading them. Your wedding rocked. I told you we could get a Horrah going and we did just that! I can't wait to see the pictures and video!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Nicole D

We contacted Signature Sounds on the advice of our wedding coordinator and we were so glad we did...we, along with our families and friends were absolutely thrilled with how great a job George did for our wedding. The dance floor was full all night with different groups of... Read More people dancing, all of our requests were played (including a last-of-the-night by a fairly obscure artist) and everyone had a blast. Jay was a breeze to work with and George went above and beyond for us...including stopping by our table when guests interrupted our dinner to make sure we had time to eat. I would work with anyone from Signature Sounds again, anytime....they're fantastic!!

2017-12-26T11:40:57 Response from the vendor

We Love Mount Hope weddings! Thanks so much for booking us and seeing that we do more on your special day then just play music. I know George loved rocking out with your friends and family. Best wishes and Happy Holidays!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Andrew T

Jay and his team did a phenomenal job for our wedding at Mount Hope Farm. He's flexible, professional, and gets everybody moving and grooving. He had a pre-planning meeting with us to ensure that all details were what we wanted for our big day and he executed flawlessly. Highly... Read More recommend Signature Sounds!

2017-10-18T15:30:28 Response from the vendor

Andrew, Your wedding is how every dancefloor should be... PACKED! From your dad dancing to Pitbull to Kristen's grandmother on the floor all night, your wedding rocked! Thanks for allowing us to be a part of your day!

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Erin G

What amazing job- from the beautiful lighting to the awesome music! Everyone was on the dance floor, it was such a blast! Highly recommend Signature Sounds, So glad we went with you guys! What an awesome night!! Thanks again for bringing the party!

2017-10-18T15:31:45 Response from the vendor

Erin, Thanks so much for taking the time to review us! I loved how we had the perfect window to get that outdoor ceremony in! the rainbows were amazing! I also loved how that monogram looked with you two next to it! i wish you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/04/2017 Siobhan K

Choosing Jay Friese to be a part of our wedding was one of the best decisions we made while wedding planning. From our first meeting with him till the end of our wedding, he was everything we wanted in a DJ. I always thought that I wanted a band for my wedding but the prices for... Read More that were not in our budget. But after the wedding we were so glad we had Jay. Our friends and family raved about him. My husband and I love music but when we sat down with jay to start picking music we weren't really sure what to choose. We trusted jay enough to leave it in his hands and he nailed it. We had a small wedding so I was concerned not many people would dance but with jay everybody was on the dance floor. I promise if you go with Jay you will not be disappointed! Thank you so much jay, you made our wedding everything we dreamed of and we can't wait to see you perform again.

2017-10-18T15:33:03 Response from the vendor

Siobhan, I had such a blast partying with your family and friends! If I didn't have 2 more weddings that weekend I would of taken Tim up on the offer to tear Newport up with you guys! I hope the move is all settled in... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Tucker S

Jay came highly recommended from friends who had him DJ their wedding. Upon our first meeting, my now wife and I knew Jay was the only person we wanted to not only DJ our special day, but also be part of our special day. He goes way past just a DJ. Jay is a genuine,... Read More professional, down to earth and overall amazing human being. It wasn't hiring a DJ to us. It was gaining a friend. His talent speaks for itself. He is absolutely incredible at his craft. Would I suggest or recommend Jay, absolutely. I would recommend anyone that can have the honor of getting to know Jay to do so. Both professionally and non professionally. My wife and I look forward to seeing much more of Jay.

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Amanda A

Outstanding. I give signature sounds 5 stars. From the ceremony to the reception jay did an outstanding job. All my guests were pleased he truely has a talent and makes sure there's always a crowd going. From the first meeting my husband and I met jay we knew he was our Dj. If... Read More you want a up beat and a dance all night wedding signature sounds is your DJ.

2017-10-18T15:34:16 Response from the vendor

Amanda, Thanks for the kind words! Truly love Kirkbrae weddings. I hope you guys are doing well!

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Susan F

What a fantastic night we had! We give so much credit to our amazing dj! Jay is professional, energetic, organized and knew exactly what to play to keep everyone dancing! Our guests had a blast and I don't think I got off the dance floor all night!

2017-10-18T15:35:43 Response from the vendor

Susan, What a way to kick off the 2017 wedding season! I'm not sure Hotel Viking was ready for us! I hope you are enjoying married life to the fullest. Thanks for letting us be a part of your day!

Reviewed on 1/29/2017 Sarah C

We, and our guests, were so impressed with Jay at Signature Sounds. A month later and friends and family are still gushing about the music at our NYE reception. He took our eclectic requests in stride and made it work, featuring a few GEMS we hadn't thought of that were really... Read More well received. He kept the party going, kept everyone on the dance floor, and pleased our guests of all ages for HOURS! He was fantastic to work with, and we can't wait to recommend him to everyone we know.

2017-01-30T13:24:12 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much guys! Your NYE wedding was truly EPIC! I had a blast celebrating with your family and friends. I wish you nothing but the best #DancingShoesRequired

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Heather M

This is my second event using Signature Sound DJ and we could not be happier. Our annual holiday party has truly become dancing shoes required - as so many of my coworkers have remarked on how they could not get off the dance floor! His music selection is on point. Without fail... Read More your guest will be dancing all night. Jay is fantastic, courteous, extremely prompt with all communications. It has been a pleasure working with Jay and absolutely would recommend and use Signature Sound in the future!

2017-01-30T13:28:45 Response from the vendor

thanks SO much Heather! I cannot wait for 2017's event!

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Julie R

Dear Jason, Thank you for doing such an amazing job playing at our wedding! From every detail down to how flexible you were meeting us leading up to the day and for all your help throughout the process! Everyone was dancing all night and the lighting was an solutely perfect,... Read More and we owe it all to you. You guys are the best and I would recommend you to all my brides 👰🏼 Thanks again for everything, Julie and Evan Rose

2016-11-29T14:01:53 Response from the vendor

Julie, Your wedding was one of the most elegant affairs I have ever been apart of! You and your guests really did come to party! I wish you and Evan my best and hope to see you guys at another wedding soon!

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Brittany F

Jeremy was our DJ for our October wedding and he absolutely killed it! Our guests were on the dance floor from dinner until we got cut off by the venue after closing! Multiple people have said it was the best wedding ever and our caterer commented that they have never seen every... Read More guest on the dance floor all night! He did a great job picking all of the right songs at the right time and fit in all of my must plays. Jay also put up with my million emails leading up to the wedding! A great crew! Thank you so much!

2016-11-29T14:03:07 Response from the vendor

Brittany, Thanks so much for taking a few minutes to review the job Jeremy did on your big day! I really picked the right DJ for you guys. The pictures I saw looked awesome and I wish I was there! Your attention to detail with... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/10/2016 Laura W

We chose Jay and his team at Signature Sounds for our wedding this past October. Jay was extremely professional, helpful, and a pleasure to work with! He understood our vision for the wedding and the outcome was even better than we imagined. The photo booth was a hit with our... Read More guests and we now have a scrapbook full of memories to look back on. The team also designed a personalized snap chat filter that our guests loved! Jay kept everyone on their feet all night long with his music selection. Our guests couldn't stop talking about what a great job Signature Sounds did! We highly recommend!!

2016-11-12T12:42:38 Response from the vendor

Laura, You told me you and your friends/family were a party crowd... But your crowd was on another level! I had SO much fun rocking with you guys that my club gig after your wedding later that night just felt boring! I wish you and... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/09/2016 Jennifer M

Jason at Signature sounds was absolutely amazing!!! Our wedding was 10/15/16 in Bristol RI and he was the first vendor we booked after our venue and he exceeded our expectations!! He was amazing to work with along the way very laid back and knew what we wanted. First of all... Read More everyone is still telling us how much FUN they had because we had such a great DJ! So let me also say that he worked with my fiance and was able to incorporate a voicemail clip from my deceased father into my first dance song...not a dry eye in the house it was simply beautiful!! Even when during dinner service people loved the music he was playing and it was spot on for what we wanted and kept our guests having fun even eating dinner! Then the party began with his AMAZING MIX the dance floor was PACKED the whole time each song better than the next and it was all the music we loved and so did the guests!! Jason was so great and I would 100% recommend him for anyone's wedding he works with you and finds out what kind of party you want and he delivers!!! Dancing shoes are required when Signature Sounds is running the party! Thank you Jay for MAKING our wedding so fun!

2016-11-09T13:38:57 Response from the vendor

Jen, When Ryan came to me with that idea I had NO idea it would have the extreme emotional response it did! Not a Dry eye was an understatement, I myself had tears in my eyes! but let me tell you after that your guests... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Caitlin W

Jay was everything that we could hope for and more in a DJ for our wedding! Working with him was extremely easy, and we knew from the first meeting with him that he would be a perfect fit for us. He was able to help us shape up what music we would want to have at our... Read More reception, even while we were being indecisive. We walked away from each meeting prior to the wedding feeling confident in our decision in hiring Jay. During the reception, once he started playing music, he kept the energy up all night. Our friends and family started dancing and did not stop until the last song. Many of our friends came up to us during the ceremony saying that they were having a fantastic time, one of which saying that he was having more fun at our wedding than his own, all due to Jay’s DJ expertise. Three of our friends who are currently planning weddings asked us to pass on Jay’s information so that they can use him for their wedding, which we happily will! Jay was a key part of our wedding and he made it great! We cannot recommend Jay highly enough!!!

2016-11-09T10:17:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to say some kind words. Reviews like this are why we do what we do!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Kelsey W

I can't say enough good things about Jay and George! Music was one of my biggest concerns for our wedding, and George read the crowd, got everyone dancing, and totally made the day! The best part wasn't even the music, it's that Jay and George were DJs/therapists/bodyguards and... Read More more. They were both 110% dedicated to making sure that everyone had a great time and that the Bride and Groom had the best day of their lives.

2016-11-09T10:14:37 Response from the vendor

Kelsey, Thanks SO much for the kind words. I know for a fact that George had more fun playing music at your wedding than any other this season. You wanted a 2003 frat party (for the dancing portion) and boy is that what you got!... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Jennifer N

Simply put Jason was amazing! He handled the music and lighting for wedding ceremony and reception. We got very lucky in finding Signature Sounds through a trusted personal recommendation. We were so comfortable that we did not even talk to other DJs. Jason guided us through... Read More the preparation and made the process simple. We didn't provide a playlist, just asked him to keep the dance floor full. He delivered on that and more. He was a total professional and had his finger on the pulse of the party the entire night. The wedding was a month ago and people are still talking about how good the music was and how much fun they had dancing!! Thanks Jay

2016-10-10T12:04:42 Response from the vendor

Jen, Thanks so much for taking the time to review us! It truly means everything. Your reception was amazing! Not one detail missed. Who has a personal fireworks show at their wedding? I wish you nothing but happiness and joy.

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Kim c

I am so happy that I was referred to signature sounds for my wedding. Jay did such a great job with the music for both my cermony and reception. I still have guests telling me that they have never danced so much at a wedding before. Jay was great throughout the planning process... Read More when I didn't really know what I wanted and gave great suggestions. I pretty much said "play whatever" and jay delivered. He had the dance floor packed the entire night and everyone had a great time. I would definitely recommend signature sounds to anyone looking to have a great time.

2016-10-06T11:58:39 Response from the vendor

Kim, Thanks for taking the time to write a review, it means a lot! You guys had one of the best dance floors of the season and YOUR dance can not be touched!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Wallie D

I am so happy that I was referred to Jay at Signature Sounds for my daughters wedding 9/23/16 at Newport Beach House. He worked with Chris & Christina on their music selection and was none stop dancing all night long. The Uplighting he suggested was beautiful and he kept the... Read More time line for the night on track which was very important. Anyone looking for a DJ please contact Jay, you will be so happy you did.

2016-10-04T11:11:21 Response from the vendor

Wallie, Thank you for taking the time to say such kind things about Signature Sounds! Chris and Christina were a great couple to work with and I wish them nothing but happiness in their life together! I look forward to the chance to work with... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Brittney M

We are so happy to have been referred to Jay and Signature Sounds for our wedding this past July. From the first email to the last song played on the dance floor at our wedding reception, he was amazing! Always very quick to respond in a timely and professional manner, even when... Read More we made last minute changes the week of our wedding! We weren't always sure what we wanted and it was extremely helpful to bounce ideas off of Jay. His expertise goes beyond the beats, as he is truly knowledgeable regarding all things wedding! He was a perfect liaison with our venue and other vendors and really helped the whole day/night run smoothly. Going above and beyond the call of duty! The back lighting was beautiful and he added a personal touch for us as a wedding surprise. It goes without saying, but the music was of course the ultimate highlight, our guests never left the dance floor! Thanks for making our wedding so memorable, Jay!! #DancingShoesRequired

2016-09-21T09:30:18 Response from the vendor

Brittney, Thanks so much for taking the time to review us! It truly means so much. I'm so glad you liked the Monogram that wall was screaming at us to do something with it! I wish you guys nothing but the best and hope to... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Katelyn W

You know you picked an amazing DJ when your guests are texting you two days after your wedding saying how sore they are from dancing all night!! We couldn't have asked for a more amazing DJ for our wedding. The dance floor was packed all night and the guests LOVED the music... Read More played. Jay helped us so much through out the night and made sure we were happy all night. I recommend you book with Jay if your looking to have the time of your life on your wedding day!!

2016-09-21T09:32:28 Response from the vendor

Katelyn, I loved the music you guys wanted to hear. I now think it's possible for me to mix in as much country as I want and people seem to love it! You and Matt picked perfect song selections to give me the perfect starting... Read Less Read More

Jay Friese

Currently I rock over 60 weddings a year and over 150 events in total! I started doing weddings in 2007 mainly for friends/family, and it’s quickly become one of my favorite parts of being a DJ. I enjoy meeting with couples to perfect the soundtrack of their big day. I love to celebrate with my Rockstar clients! When I’m not playing at a wedding, you can catch me at some of areas hottest nightlife destinations such as Mohegan Sun Casino! In my free time, I enjoy spending time with my beautiful wife & my 2 sons. Otherwise, I enjoy sampling whiskey & tweaking my fantasy football lineup