Creative Story Teller

With unique artistry, attention to detail, an eye on the top trends in wedding photography, Silver Orchid Photography will use seasoned professionalism to craft a story of your most intimate day. Our unique couples get cherished, custom-crafted albums, gorgeous prints AND digital images. Silver Orchid will capture every detail of your day. From the the rings to the candid moments to artfully crafted imagery and everything in between, Silver Orchid will leave you with a lasting story of your wedding day. Contact us for more information!

Artistic, Documentary, Modern

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

PA, NJ, DE, and beyond. (215) 915-1379
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 1/04/2017 Stacy E

Tara was an amazing photographer!!! From the moment we met her, she felt like family. She is so organized and was able to put my A type personality at ease. She goes over every little detail before you big day so you don't have to worry about things on your big day. I was... Read More getting married on the beach and when Tara got there it was cloudy and misting out. She was so excited because she said the shots would be so much better. Her and my florist were able to calm me down and get me excited that the pictures would be better and they are absolutely amazing!!! She is there for you every step of the way but doesn't get in the way of the day. She put in a tablet in the reception so people could see some of the pictures from the early part of the day during the reception. She has been great since the wedding with getting me the pictures and getting albums done. I will definitely be using her as our family grows.

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Sara B

We are so happy we chose Silver Orchid Photography to photograph our wedding day. We love all of our wedding pictures. There is a prefect mix of gorgeous romantic pictures, artistic pictures and fun party pics. Tara is amazing, professional and so creative with her work. Thank... Read More you Tara for sharing our wedding day with us! We would highly recommend Silver Orchid to anyone looking for a wedding photographer. Nick & Sara

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Carly T

Silver Orchid Photography did a phenomenal job shooting our wedding and our engagement photos. Our pictures turned out stunning and we will forever treasure them. They listened to every little detail and went above and beyond in every aspect. We couldn't have asked for more from... Read More them and that is why we highly recommend them. We are so happy to have found this group of amazing professionals and will continue to book with them for every occasion!

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Kelli B

Silver Orchid is by far one of the best investments you can make for your wedding day. Tara seems to catch every moment possible and turn them into beautiful memories. I’ve been a client since the very beginning and with each session Tara seems to be more brilliant then ever. I... Read More highly recommend Silver Orchid Photography!!

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Courtney F

Tara and her Silver Orchid team did an amazing job shooting our wedding. Her friendly, prepared and “let’s do this” attitude helped to ease our nerves on our big day. Her team was the same way and made us feel very comfortable. The shots came out fantastic! Even though she... Read More and her assistant were stung by a nasty plant, you would never know as they kept working through the pain for hours! I encourage everyone I know to look at their work and use them for ANY and ALL life events. Our pictures were delivered in a timely manner and the cost was affordable! They were just wonderful!!! If you’re looking for amazing photos, a wonderful team and some great laughs, definitely book Tara and her team!

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Alicia B

Tara was absolutely amazing! When we first met her at home in her studio we knew she was the one! She took amazing engagement photos that captured us in our element. From there she was available to help through the planning process and ensured the day went perfectly! Not only... Read More did she bring her newly hired assistant and a second shooter the day of the wedding, but she also brought a surprise third shooter! Our photos were truly amazing and now my husband and I and our families will be able to forever cherish this day! Amazing job by Tara and Silver Orchid Photography!

Reviewed on 9/21/2017

Tara was great to work with. We didn't want a "traditional" wedding package and she was happy to help us create something that matched our wedding perfectly. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking to capture their day in a way that reflects exactly who they are.

Reviewed on 5/28/2017 Tori L

We had an amazing experience with Tara and Silver Orchid Photography. We knew immediately that Tara loves capturing the fun and joy of weddings and that she takes her role as photographer very seriously. We knew from our first meeting with Tara that we wanted her to be our... Read More photographer. Unfortunately, Tara was already booked on our wedding day but she made arrangements with an awesome associate (Meg) and worked tirelessly with us to sort out all the details as if she was going to be there herself. She made sure Meg knew everything she needed to know and facilitated our interactions with Meg prior to our wedding day. And Meg did a beautiful job! Tara was quick to process a handful of images immediately following our wedding day so everyone could get a glimpse of our day while we waited for our final photos. Even with her busy schedule Tara delivered our digital gallery quickly and we are so pleased with the results. We received countless compliments on our wedding photos and we are so glad we chose Silver Orchid.

Reviewed on 1/04/2017 Denise C

By far the most amazing photographer and experience of a lifetime. My husband is not a "stand and pose" kind of guy and Tara was able to capture our wedding day's most precious moments candidly. Her photos tell our love story without any words needed. Silver Orchid Photography... Read More is a MUST HAVE for any photography needs.

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Meghan C

Tara and her crew are so amazing! We are so honored that they got to be such an important part of our special day. Tara has such a great energy to her, and made the entire process so enjoyable. The pictures are all phenomenal and truly capture the love that we felt on our... Read More wedding day.

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Alexa C

Silver Orchid did a great job at my wedding! Tara handled the families and babies well when trying to get pictures done. She made my day less stressful and set an iPad up at the reception with a slideshow of our pictures that were taken earlier that day for us and our guests to... Read More view!

Reviewed on 11/27/2016 Alyse J

We chose Silver Orchid from a list of preferred vendors our wedding venue provided. I fell in love with Tara's style immediately and didn't bother to look elsewhere. Preparing for the big day was super easy and she guides you along the way. Tara is AMAZING at what she does... Read More and flawlessly captured our wedding day. She went along with the crazy antics of our wedding party and perfectly captured our personalities. She does not do many posed portraits which we loved as everyone looks natural and relaxed in our photos. We will be using her for future life events!

Couldn't have asked for more!

Reviewed on 11/03/2015

I am so incredibly glad that we had the pleasure of using Tara as our wedding day photographer! Not only did she do an absolutely amazing job with the posed pictures, she fully captured the true energy of that day with the candids (as we had requested). She is an absolute joy... Read More to have around as well. All of our family and friends had such great things to say about her, and she really did a great job making my nervous husband feel comfortable being in front of the camera. It was more like having a friend taking pictures! Not to mention that she steamed my wedding dress for me since no one else had time to! She is definitely the new family photographer. Her work was so great that the venue we used is now going to be using her as their house photographer. I cannot say enough good things, she really blew us away.

Absolutely stunning work!

Reviewed on 12/30/2014 Megan U

My husband and I decided to go with Silver Orchid Photography after looking at a variety of other photographers. Other photographers were either out of our price range, not personable at all or not very creative. I saw some of Tara's work through a friends Facebook page and... Read More decided to meet with her. Wow. Her work is incredible! She is very personable, understanding and worked with our budget 100%. We got everything we wanted - and more! The pictures are absolutely BEAUTIFUL. I'm still getting compliments from friends and family members three months after our wedding! To describe how flexible Tara really is - at our ceremony our speeches and dances were running long. Tara was suppose to be done working at 8:30pm. She approached me and my husband and explained that if she left - she would miss the cake cutting. She explained that she was going to stay - as long as it was okay with us - to capture that moment for us. Without hesistation - she stayed an extra TWO HOURS. She constantly checked in with us but it was like she wasn't even there! She floated around capturing beautiful moments that we now look back on with smiles. I HIGHLY recommend Silver Orchid Photography for ANY of your wedding day memories!

Silver Orchid Photography Rocks!

Reviewed on 11/27/2014 Jodi S

Silver Orchid Photography did an exquisite job on my wedding photos! Tara Machain is an artist through and through, and is one-of-a-kind when it comes to talent and personality. She makes you feel comfortable and at ease, which is hard to accomplish on your wedding day! I cannot... Read More wait for the next opportunity to have more memories captured by Silver Orchid!

Great photographers!!!

Reviewed on 11/11/2014

We are so happy with our beautiful pictures, and Tara was such a great addition to our day!

Phenomenal Photographer, Captured Our Day

Reviewed on 11/11/2014 Aimee M

Tara and her assistant are incredible! From the moment I met Tara she helped me capture and bring into focus what it was that I was searching for in a photographer. She works with you from day one asking you questions about your vision for your wedding pictures. She makes... Read More sure that she knows what it is that is important to you. That way she knows just what to capture. I am totally camera shy and hate the feeling of an "in your face" photographer. Tara and her assistant are wonderful that way. We never knew that they were there! Yet they managed to capture everything and then some! I couldn't be happier with the results! From every detail that I took so long and agonized over for so many hours to the things I never even thought to ask her to capture she did it all. If you are looking for a wonderful photographer, a real people person and a great all around experience, with Silver Orchid Photography you cannot go wrong. She was even willing to work with us on a custom package that perfectly suited our needs! She reasonably priced and trust me, worth EVERY penny. Pictures are worth a thousand words and then some and for Silver Orchid Photography I just can't say enough! Look no further!

Silver orchid is amazing

Reviewed on 11/11/2014 Rachel T

I was very behind on my wedding planning and I had maybe 4 months to go and still didn't book a photographer. My aunt told me about Tara so I immediately sent her a message about doing my wedding. She called me shortly after my inquiry and we got everything sorted out. She kept... Read More up with me about the details of the wedding and she was a pleasure to work with. She had the eye for photography that I was looking for and was able to capture the love and joy with her pictures. I am so excited to get my album prints and canvas. I can't wait to show everyone because through the photos you can feel just how special that day was for me my husband and my family. I will definitely be calling her when my husband and I bring a beautiful bundle of joy into this world!!

The new Mr & Mrs

Reviewed on 1/25/2014 Kellie M

We are so happy and pleased that we booked with Silver Orchid Photography. Tara is an amazing photographer and made it feel so natural for our wedding day. She and her second shooter were able to get so many pictures, including every small detail of our day, and we could't be... Read More more happy with the the final gallery that we received. Tara is a phenomenal photographer and is truly talented! We will be booking with her in the future for sure, and we highly recommend that you do as well-you will not be disappointed!

You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 1/14/2014 Shannon O

I can not begin to say what a blessing Tara was on our big day. From the planning, to the wedding day, to the events after, she was so professional and truly cared about every detail. She immediately felt like family and as I was getting ready it felt natural for her to be... Read More there. She made me feel so special and beautiful on my most important day. I knew from the moment I met her that she would be who I would chose in the HUGE role of capturing my day and I am so thankful I did. I have had so many compliments on all of my pictures and still smile every time I get to look at them! She is so talented at what she does and we are all lucky that she is willing to share her talents with us :) I can not continue to say enough about what a difference Tara made in our day, I hope she knows how wonderful we think she is! You will be making a GREAT decision if you decide to have Tara be your photographer for any occasion! I can not wait to use her again :)

Memories captured forever

Reviewed on 12/30/2013

Tara has the ability to actually capture feelings in her photography. I am able to look back at my pictures and not just remember the moment but the photos depict exactly how I was feeling. We gave Tara quite the challenge as we had a very non-traditional wedding celebration.... Read More Tara captured our personalities, our emotions, and was able to put our memories into a photograph that we can treasure for a lifetime. The photographs of our special day need no captions or explanations because Tara had the ability to have each photograph speak 1000 words. The photos are priceless. The following quote sums up my review of Silver Orchid Photography... “Time will never stand still and those moments that bring us such joy become memories in an instant. To capture such a moment and record it forever is truly monumental.” – Joshua Atticks

Mrs.

Reviewed on 12/28/2013

Tara is absolutely amazing! Aside from her work being beyond exceptional, she has an aire about her that makes anyone feel comfortable being photographed, even if they aren't the the photographic type. Not only is she caring & warm, but she does it with style & poise all the... Read More while exercising the utmost professionalism. 5 stars is not enough for Tara to be rated-she by far exceeds the highest expectations! I recommend her for every & any event!

Fantastic

Reviewed on 10/10/2013 Danielle H

Tara was great to work with! Our pictures turned out wonderful! Very talented artist! I highly recommend her!

great photographer

Reviewed on 6/19/2012 Ashley H

Tara owns, operates and is the photographer. she was 8 mnths pregnant with her 4th child when she did our wedding. she did a fabulous job. she has her own style and doesn't consume too much time. she also does 15 mins of alone time to capture the moment. she rocks.

Tara

I am a wife, mother, photographer & business owner. I juggle these roles because I genuinely love what I do. I know that I am one of the lucky few that can say that I love my job. I love capturing cherished moments for people. I love pushing my creative artistry. I love to bring my vision to life. I love the feeling I get after shooting a wedding. How can you not feel amazing after sharing the most important day so far in 2 people's lives. I want to capture the tiny details, the candid moments & everything in between. I want to tell your love story. It's really just that simple.