The Philadelphia Wedding Specialists

Silver Sound's 20 DJs entertain over 1,000 events a year. Learn more about our talented DJs, visit our website to view resumes, reviews, photos, videos and hear voice demos on each DJ.

Classical, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Latin

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

72 Markel Rd, Malvern, PA
Tri-State area

Best DJ Ever

Reviewed on 6/11/2013 Jennifer M

I can’t say enough good things about Binh. The music was amazing and the dance floor was packed all night. We provided Binh with a list of songs we wanted but he played many songs we loved that we didn’t even think to write down. He kept the party moving and my guests all... Read More commented on how much they loved the music. Binh was very professional and easy to work with. I would definitely recommend Binh to another couple. I only wish my reception lasted longer so we could have kept partying!

Awesome DJ!!

Reviewed on 5/22/2013 Sara C

Our DJ for our wedding was Adam Moyer and he did a phenomenal job! He was SO good about talking to me about the song selections, and making sure I was comfortable with his selections during dinner and cake. I really appreciated his communication. Adam also did a great job of... Read More playing all the songs I had requested, and NOT playing the ones on my no play list!! I really liked working with Adam would definitely recommend him! He kept the energy up and the dance floor packed til the end!

perfect!

Reviewed on 5/15/2013 katie r

Walt Breslin was our DJ from Silver Sound. He was great! Followed our playlist really closely and only deviated a little when appropriate based on the crowd. Our wedding was very small without a lot of dancing and he handled it perfectly. Sound was a little weird at times with a... Read More song starting out super loud and then he would adjust. Overall, though, we were really happy.

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Nicole P

All of the DJs we talked to from Silver Sound were professional and excellent. Great online features for music selection and reception planning. The DJ we went with, Bihn Nguyen, knocked it out of the park with his excellent hosting skills and ridiculously skillful song mixing.... Read More Had guests "complaining" that they wanted to leave, but couldn't stop dancing!

Reviewed on 8/14/2016 Tracy B

I have only been married a few hours, however I could not leave only honeymoon before raving about DJ Adam Moyer. From the moment we met Adam, we knew we found our wedding DJ. From the start, Adam was down to earth, professional and dedicated to creating an unforgettable... Read More experience. I can't tell you how many wedding guests raved throughout the night about Adam and his work. My wedding was not only on the hottest day of the year, but the power went out at my venue for a short period of time-however Adam was quick to move his equipment to the generator site and get the party started. Not one guest sat down during the 5 hours we had with Adam. My wedding day would not be complete without Adam and I am so happy we chose Adam to DJ our wedding.

Reviewed on 7/31/2016 Linda R

We had a wonderful experience working with Walt Breslin as our DJ for our wedding. The whole process through silversound is very easy and straight forward—you can start entering all your information/song requests/etc at your own pace through their online system. Walt was... Read More available by email or phone if we had any additional questions. The day of, he had such an easygoing attitude it put me (the bride) right at ease. He really put together a great line-up of songs—taking into account our requests but also feeling out the crowd. Our biggest fear was people not dancing at our wedding—but people had a blast and were dancing the whole time!

Reviewed on 7/27/2016 Erica M

We had Kevin Compton as our dj and he was great! Kevin was super responsive to all my calls and emails leading up to the day and gave great suggestions to help us with the music. On the day off, Kevin was prompt and professional! He was respectful to our guests and keep the... Read More party going! My sister already booked him for her upcoming wedding!

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Ashley S

Silver Sound was absolutely fantastic, from the pricing to the night of. DJ Michael Kane was so professional and really made the night come together. Everyone was out on the dance floor, and he really paid attention to our requests and song selection. I cannot thank them enough... Read More for such a wonderful job.

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Corinne D

It was a pleasure working with Dan Bresslin. We were able to speak multiple times before the wedding to make sure the order of events and music selections were accurate. He worked our ceremony beautifully, looping songs when needed seamlessly. He was excellent throughout the... Read More night touching base to make sure all our preferred songs were being played and was able to read the crowd and play songs accordingly. I couldn't have asked for a better DJ.

Reviewed on 7/11/2016 Jennifer T

Like many others on this site, I relied heavily on real reviews of brides and grooms for many of my vendors. One of the best decisions we made was choosing DJ Binh Nguyen as our DJ. From beginning to end he kept in contact with us and was only a phone call or email away. I gave... Read More him a list of songs and artists of whom we listen to and gave him full control of the music selection. DJ Binh's playlist for us was amazing! He got the party started and kept it going until the very end. I could not have asked for a better DJ. As others have said before, the only down dall was that the party had to end. You can not go wrong with him as your DJ! Thank you so much for everything DJ Binh!

Reviewed on 6/01/2016 Rebecca C

Dj Michael Kane is the best! He did such a great job at our reception at the Barn on Bridge! So professional, easy to work with over email and phone prior to our wedding day. We even got a custom monogram and were concerned about the location on our wedding day, so he had... Read More someone set it up at the venue a few days before so we could approve what it looked like! So helpful! Would recommend to anyone!

Reviewed on 5/19/2016

Our DJ for our wedding was Taz Sellers. We are very busy, so Taz accommodated us with a Skype video call for our first meeting. The company's personalized online profile and database were great - it was very user friendly and low stress - which, let's be honest, is huge when... Read More planning a wedding. They allow you to input your wedding day schedule, special dances, traditions, announcement, as well as your music selections. Taz showed up early and was set up on time. We also used him for our ceremony music, in addition to cocktail hour and reception music. The music for our ceremony, special dances, introductions, cake cutting, etc. played seamlessly with no skips or delays. Taz did a great job orchestrating our reception introductions. We received many compliments on our DJ from our guest - they especially loved his "centerpiece giveaway game"! It was hilarious to watch, everyone was having such a good time! We really appreciated that Taz would give us a 3-5 minute warning before any special traditions, such the father-daughter dance or cake-cutting. My husband and I, along with our guests, had a blast dancing once the party started! He played almost all of our requested music and added some great songs that we hadn't thought to include. Our photographs even commented that our dance floor was amazing! We also really enjoyed the dance lights that he provided to encourage the party mood without making it look too much like a night club. We have such great memories from our wedding and are truly greatly to Taz Sellers for his part in making our dream wedding a reality. Thank you, Taz!!

Reviewed on 5/11/2016 Tara K

For our wedding on May 7th, 2016, Kevin Rhude was kind, fun, found all of our favorite songs, and knew exactly what songs to play for all the right moments. The lighting was just my color! The online app they have for making sure the DJ knows requested songs and timeline were... Read More easy to use and made the process seamless. Thank you, Silver Sound!

Reviewed on 5/07/2016 Jessica M

DJ Jeff Minio did a fantastic job at our wedding on April 23, 2016. We couldn't have been happier with the entire process leading up to the wedding. He was quick to respond to my questions and the planning process provided by Silver Sound on their website made things so easy. We... Read More had the option to pick a lot of songs, but only selected a few and trusted Jeff to do his thing. He was awesome. Everyone keeps talking about how much fun they had at our wedding. Thank you Jeff for the amazing job you did.

Reviewed on 4/05/2016 Elizabeth P

We loved DJ Dan! He was so awesome. He was so attentive to us as the bride and groom and made sure we were informed and knew what was coming next. He kept us on our timeline and hit all the important parts of a wedding reception that we wanted. He also read the guests on the... Read More dance floor well and played songs that kept all ages out on the dance floor the entire night! He helped to make our day perfect! Thank you DJ Dan and SilverSound!

Reviewed on 2/23/2016 Kate K

I just got married on Valentines Day and choose Silver Sound and Paul Evans to be my DJ. I am SO happy with our decision, it was definitely one of the best choices I made for the wedding. Paul & Silver Sound were fantastic to work with and did an amazing job. I got married at... Read More the Hotel DuPont because I loved the unique historical ballroom setting. I was concerned that the neon lights on stage would lose some of the venues allure. I requested that Paul borrow a table from the venue and create a low key set up. He was more than happy to do so. I told him he could turn on the neon lights during the last hour when all the formal stuff was done, and he did just that. Paul kept the music going all night, playing what was on my play list mixing oldies and some current songs based on what got people out on the dance floor. We had a Sunday night wedding (it was Presidents Day Weekend) but I have to say, most people stayed until the end (10:30) and were out on the dance floor the whole time loving the music that Paul was playing. Even Paul commented on how lively our wedding was for a Sunday night, and it was because of him and how he kept people dancing! Paul even went above and beyond and did some extra things for us. He even took a video of my fast/slow father-daughter dance and a group shot at the end when my photographer had left. If it wash't for him I wouldn't have those things, and I will always cherish them. Paul was so accommodating, we moved to North Carolina half way through the wedding planning process and he was willing to Skype to talk everything over. My husband is a Jazz musician and had some requests for dinner hour that weren't on Silver Sounds list to pick from (which by the way is extensive and easy because they list top wedding songs). Paul was able to get those songs for my husband and play them! He kept checking with us to make sure the music was a good volume, which my mom appreciated. In short, Paul & Silver Sound are the best!!!!!!

Reviewed on 1/15/2016 Brittany K

We worked with Vaughn Walter and simply can't say enough good things about him! My husband and I are very picky about music and we love to dance, so we wanted to make sure we found a great DJ. DJ Vaughn was the perfect fit! He was professional and quick to respond to any... Read More questions we had during the planning process (which wasn't many since he was so thorough when we initially spoke with him). The week before the wedding, he left me a voicemail to confirm that he had everything he needed from us, and that I only needed to call him back if I had any questions- music to a bride's ears the week before the wedding! On the night of the wedding, Vaughn and his assistant were so kind and genuinely excited to be part of our day. They were true professionals, wrangling our 18 person bridal party. My husband and I also planned a special entrance and Vaughn gave us all the direction we needed to make sure it went perfectly. Vaughn was quick to respond to anything my husband and I needed, including an impromptu toast, and kept us updated throughout dinner on the plan as we approached dancing. Needless to say- dancing was perfect and he kept everyone up and dancing all night long. We have received endless compliments about how great the music and dancing was at our wedding. We highly recommend Vaughn for all of your events and we are sure we will be seeing him at some of our friends' weddings in the future!

Great night with Kevin!

Reviewed on 1/07/2016 Anna R

DJ Kevin was great and kept the dance floor all night! We highly recommend him.

Reviewed on 1/05/2016 Rachel F

We worked with Dan Breslin from Silver Sound and were SO impressed. He met with us a few months before the wedding to talk through the vibe we wanted, and the songs we liked. We had a few songs with tricky timing (our recessional) and he nailed it! We also had two of our friends... Read More play our first dance song on acoustic guitar and Dan worked with them to make sure the sound was perfect. Dan checked in with us through out the night (but was never annoying or bothersome). He played great music, kept our guests dancing, and was funny while blending in and not being obnoxious on the mic. He was very professional but lighthearted and made me, as a bride, very comfortable. I would definitely recommend working with Dan!

Great Staff

Reviewed on 12/03/2015 Marie P

We hired Silver Sound, and specifically, Martin Washington for our wedding. Silver Sound was great as was Martin. They were very responsive to requests and changes and their site was fairly easy to navigate and update as we got into the choosing processes. I suppose my only... Read More gripe was the ceremony. I was told by my guests that my officiant could not be heard by anyone beyond the first couple aisles. Also, I could not hear the music being played during the ceremony. So I'm not even sure the songs I chose were played. The ceremony was outdoors at our vendor, so I'm not sure if there were any laws prohibiting the mic and music from being loud &/or audible. For the additional cost of $175.00 for the ceremony set-up, I do not think it was worth is since nothing was heard. However, Martin was very personable, accommodating, and friendly.

Reviewed on 11/19/2015 Katie U

This past Saturday, November 14, 2015, Mike Mandato and his assistant from Silver Sound served as the DJs at my wedding at Brookside Country Club in Pottstown, PA. From the start of my wedding planning experience, Mike showed the utmost professionalism. As soon as I booked the... Read More wedding with him, Mike got in touch with me to ensure that I properly filled in all of the online paperwork. The online paperwork was simple to manage, and whenever I had a question, Mike responded promptly. The week of the wedding, Mike and I spoke on the phone to confirm all of my details. He was incredibly patient as he discussed his suggestions and listened to my ideas. The day of the wedding, Mike and his assistant arrived early, set up quickly, and made the day perfect. They played all of our pre-ceremony and ceremony music and made sure all of our guests could hear the officiant, my husband, and I as we exchanged our vows. As soon as the ceremony was over, Mike switched to our cocktail hour music and then seamlessly transitioned into our bridal party speeches. Mike’s introductions of our Matron of Honor and Best Man, our father/daughter and mother/son dance, and his announcements for dessert, last dance, and other events throughout the evening allowed our reception to flow smoothly and allowed our guests to stay informed. Mike read the crowd well and literally kept every single guest dancing from start to finish. My new husband and I highly recommend Silver Sound services and give Mike our highest personal recommendation. Anyone looking to throw a memorable wedding celebration needs Silver Sound.

Reviewed on 11/15/2015 Amanda I

Vaughn Walter was our DJ for our September wedding. Although he's super busy, Vaughn answered all of our questions patiently and professionally. He made the whole process easy! The day itself was perfect. He had the perfect tone - professional and energetic. He even helped us... Read More with a last minute change - we had friends sing for our ceremony, and I didn't think they'd need microphones. However, Vaughn offered to help and made them sound even more amazing! It was the perfect touch. Thank you, Vaughn!

Lots of Energy, Without Being Over the Top

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 Dana S

We worked with DJ Michael Kane and had some unusual requests – like our bridal party, none of whom are musicians, wanted to perform our first dance live. Michael worked with us to make our crazy dream a reality. He even helped us with a last-minute Mother/Son Dance mashup.... Read More He was excellent at reading the room and keeping the energy level right where it needed to be, whether we were sipping on cocktails to Frank Sinatra or having a “Whip and Nae Nae” dance battle on the reception floor. It was seamless from start to finish. A couple of our friends even commented on how much they liked his playlist for the pre-ceremony.

DJ Marty Smith!

Reviewed on 11/01/2015 Sara P

I used SilverSound for my wedding and worked with DJ Marty Smith. If you only read the first paragraph, just know that working with SilverSound DJ Marty Smith was easy, fun, and very good value! They did a great job. Overall Experience - Marty was great! He checked in with me... Read More to get a feel for my musical taste as soon as I booked him and we had a war plan meeting the week before the event too. Everything went very smoothly! Marty had all of the obscure weird things I had asked for (including some Finnish songs I provided) ready to go and in the playlist. He addressed my concerns regarding requests by going with my guidelines filled out online and then if there was any question, he found a convenient time to ask politely. We had him do transitional speaking and he was great for the young and older guests. Online System - SilverSound has only one flaw, I think, and that is their online system. What I learned after getting stressed about the section where I was supposed to "make my playlist" is that you really only need to indicate songs you DON'T want, and the songs you've already cited for specific moments are already in there with their corresponding time. Once Marty reassured me that I did not have to create some elaborate track list and went through some of the tracks he was thinking given my taste and his experience, everything was easy. The Mix - Marty's mix was also fantastic and guests were raving about it later. Including the excellent timing used for the obscure Finnish songs. Equipment - Marty showed up well in advance of the ceremony and set everything up, then showed anyone who needed to know about equipment usage (i.e. wireless microphones for toasts) how to use the items in advance. Sound was great, even in what I thought would be a very large outdoor space and a much smaller room with a dance floor. Additionally, a DJ in SilverSound had just been to the venue, and was able to go over any potential issues in advance.

Vaughn Walter

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Mallory A

I recently got married at the carriage house in Wilmington. Our DJ was Vaughn from SilverSound and he was FANTASTIC. To begin with, the Silver Sound DJ website was easy to manage and plan my vision for music/entertainment in my wedding. Vaughn was friendly and nice to work with.... Read More He got everyone on their feet. The dancing was non-stop all night! I would definitely recommend using Silver Sound and I loved having Vaughn Walter.