Simply Desserts

Serving Maryland, Washington, DC and Northern VA

At Simply Desserts, we believe your cake should taste as good as it looks. Our delicious and beautiful custom cakes are made from scratch using the finest ingredients, allowing us to accommodate special dietary requirements. So for a simply elegant, simply decadent wedding cake contact us today.

$$

Dietary Options

Kosher

Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Cakes + Desserts

Bow2010

Columbia, MD
Serving Maryland, Washington, DC and Northern VA

Out of this world cakes!!'

Reviewed on 4/29/2014 Samantha h

Kathy is such an amazing person to work with for a wedding cake. The flavors are so delicious. My husband has always told me about the bushwaker drink from the islands and I never had it before, so when I saw the flavor as an option I had to choose it and I am glad I did. The... Read More cake was so delicious and moist. I was very impressed. I have always love funfetti cake and I wanted it as a wedding cake. Since the bushwaker was vanilla colored Kathy was able to add confetti to our cake!! It turned out so great. She truly goes out of her way to please her customers! Thank you so much for making the best wedding cake I have ever tasted!!!

Perfection!

Reviewed on 10/10/2013 Chrissy B

Simply Desserts is absolutely incredible. We knew upon the first meeting that Kathy was the one to make our wedding cake. We came up with a design together and she went above and beyond, perfectly matching our colors and creating the most beautiful palm trees and beading... Read More throughout. It was without a doubt the cake of our dreams. She's incredible responsive and works with you throughout the whole process, available for questions and anything you need. She made the most amazing grooms cake for my husband as well and it was a hit. She is so very creative. Her costs are really fair and her quality is impeccable. The flavors options are endless and they are just the right amount of sweet, not too sweet but perfect. We went with a lemon strawberry filling for one layer, and a amaretto raspberry for another layer...fantastic combinations. I can't say enough about Kathy at Simply Desserts. Go to her!

Fantastic cupcakes!

Reviewed on 9/23/2013 Jackie M

The cupcakes were the best I have ever had. Kathy is great to work with and let us chose 6 different cupcake flavors. The guests loved them!

Absolutely Delicious!

Reviewed on 12/10/2014 Tanya F

I can't say enough positive things about Simply Desserts and Kathy's wonderfully delicious cakes! Simply Desserts came up leaps and bounds above the rest, and those cakes were also delicious. Kathy provides the attention to detail you want and listens to you to determine the... Read More best options for you. In addition to our wedding cake, we also purchased the groom's cake from her. Instead of us saving the top layer of our cake, she offered us to come back close to our 1 year anniversary to get a "fresh" top layer from her! Not only are these cakes delicious...they are beautifully decorated as well. We had 240 guests at our wedding and there was PLENTY of cake for all! My husband and wedding guests are still commenting about our wedding cake (lemon cake with strawberry preserves and buttercream icing). Can't wait for our 1 year anniversary to enjoy more from Simply Desserts! I absolutely recommend Simply Desserts for all of your dessert needs.

Most Amazing Wedding Cake!

Reviewed on 10/10/2014 Lyn M

Our cake was beautiful, delicious, and it was everything we wanted. Having an amazing wedding cake was very important to us, and Kathy made that dream come true. Kathy is great, and shines above other cake bakers. Her personality is amazing! In addition, she gave special care... Read More to meeting our needs. So many of our guests said, "Where did you find her?-The cake was great!" We truly believe that no other could have measured up to Kathy. I highly recommended her! Especially, if you desire to work with someone looking to meet your best interest! I plan to order again in the future!

Best tasting cake & at a reasonable price

Reviewed on 7/14/2014 Ashley S

Kathy was amazing to work with. She listened to all my ideas and suggested things when I didn't have any. She was quick to respond to emails as I was planning my wedding from across the country, and made it very easy to do so. Set up on the day of way was perfect- I didn't even... Read More know she was there and the cake was everything I could have dreamed of. My guests even said it was the best tasting wedding cake they have ever had (and I agree!). I would recommend Kathy to anyone looking for a reasonably priced and an amazing wedding cake.

Amazing Tastes

Reviewed on 7/03/2014

We tried many tastings, and even put a deposit on another vendor. The other vendor's cakes were good, but way too sweet. They were more suited for a birthday party than a wedding. By contrast, the cake flavors from Kathy are elegant, and distinguished. She worked out a... Read More design at our first meeting, and included a nice drawing of the cake with our contract. It is a joy to work with Kathy. We finished our last piece yesterday, and are already planning on getting an anniversary cake next year.

Highly Recommend!

Reviewed on 9/23/2013 Stephanie D

We recently were married on 9/7/2013. The cake was beautiful & delicious and Kathy was very nice to work with! She had great ideas, was very friendly and professional, and her prices were lower than all of the other vendors I came across in the area. I would recommend her to... Read More any friends/family who is searching for a wedding cake!

Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 4/09/2013 Laura S

The cake was delicious and beautiful, and the price was great! Kathy was very personable and responded quickly to emails.

Wonderful Experience!

Reviewed on 3/20/2013 Monica S

Kathy was amazing to work with - the whole process felt very personal and special. We simply gave her basic design ideas and she exceeded our expectations! Not only was the design exactly what we wanted but the cake was delicious. We would recommend her to anyone!

Simply Desserts is an AMAZING bakery!!!

Reviewed on 11/14/2012 Melinda L

Simply Desserts was easy to work with from the first conversation. Simply Desserts is very reasonable price-wise. The flavors really are delicious and edible, unlike some wedding bakeries. Simply Desserts made our wedding cupcakes a beautiful part of our wedding day. The guests... Read More raved over all of the flavors. Our favorites were the chocolate rum, spice, and carrot. Simply Desserts took the time to listen to what we envisioned for our cakes and designed them beautifully!! Everything was "simply" perfect!!!! Simply Desserts was professional to work with but very personable, too. We will certainly be using Simply Desserts again for birthday cakes, anniversary cakes, etc. Simply Desserts is the way to go for your wedding!!

Simply Amazing!

Reviewed on 11/08/2012 Katie N

Simply Desserts was wonderful to work with and made an AMAZING cake. Her prices are very affordable in comparison to other companies and is willing to work within a budget. We got a chocolate layer and then a spice layer. Kathy was very helpful in helping to create design of... Read More cake. We only met in person once but that was all we needed. She took the time to help us with a design and did a beautiful job decorating. Kathy calls back to emails/ calls in a professional business time frame. Wedding cake was delivered on time and looking beautiful, we got many compliments on the taste and moistness. Brides & Grooms- Don't forget to eat cake at your wedding as we did!

Delicious cakes and wonderful service

Reviewed on 10/05/2012 Kim D

Kathy of Simply Desserts was wonderful to work with to create our cake for our wedding. I showed her pictures of cakes I liked, and she was able to create an amazing cake that was tailored to our wedding theme. The flavors were amazing and the cakes were all very moist. Our... Read More guests loved the wedding cake and we received lots of compliments. If you are looking for a small boutique bakery with lots of personality, I would choose Simply Desserts. Kathy will make sure your cake reflects your individual style and put on extra touches to make the cake 'simply beautiful.'

fantastic!

Reviewed on 9/28/2012 Lauren C

Kathy's cakes were all fantastic, so choosing what to have for our wedding was really difficult. We went with yellow cake with raspberry preserves and white chocolate butter cream and then also yellow cake with pineapple preserves and coconut buttercream. MANY of our guests told... Read More us it was the best cake they had ever had. It was also decorated perfectly.

Attention to Detail

Reviewed on 8/27/2012 Christina W

Kathy was absolutely fabulous! She really took the time to get to know us. I came in with an exact design in mind and she did everything that she could to ensure the design was exactly what I wanted while working with us to save a little money. The cake was perfect. It was so... Read More beautiful and tasted delicious. I received so many compliments on both the look and the taste of the cake. I have definitely found a baker for all of my cake needs. If you want a baker that will really listen to you and a cake that really makes an impact on your special day then Simply Desserts is the one for you!

Recommend

Reviewed on 10/26/2011 Eve W

Kathy was very nice and made the cake that we asked for. We went with her because she was able to make the cake we wanted (lyrics on edible sheets) and was less expensive. She delivered the cake on time and without issues. Highly recommend!

AMAZING

Reviewed on 7/30/2011 Jackie B

Wow!! Not only was Kathy very accommodating & easy to work with, she was personable and makes an AMAZING cake!! We were told several times that this was the best wedding cake they have ever had! We had a vision & Kathy made it come true! Fantastic!

Absolutely Perfect

Reviewed on 12/30/2010 Courtney R

Words can not express how happy we were with this vendor. Besides her personal touch to her cakes and also knowing that they are freshly made with fresh ingredients (like fresh strawberries) made this an easy choice for us. We could not find a cake vendor we liked and I know... Read More we went to at least 20 different cake places and she was our last stop. As soon as we tasted her samples we both fell in love with her and her cakes. Trust me she is definitely worth it and she will not disappoint!

The best wedding cake ever!!!!

Reviewed on 11/18/2010 Carrie C

Kathy is a superb baker!!! She worked closely with me on the design of my cake and it turned out better than I dreamed. I got rave reviews on the cake. Down to the design as well as the terrific flavor options. High quality and super moist. There was not a crumb left. She... Read More works out of her home so the cost is extremely affordable. I would highly recommend her to anyone. A dream wedding cake maker all the way!!!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 11/16/2010 Jon B

The cake for our wedding was absolutely incredible! The cake was moist and light, and the icing was perfect. I don't like icing that is too sweet and when I tried the cakes by Simply Desserts it was light and delicious! Our wedding was in October, and Kathy suggested that we do... Read More a Spice cake as one of the flavors -- INCREDIBLE! We alternated the tiers with Spice Cake and White Almond, and the guests of our wedding kept going back for more. I found Simply Desserts on a whim (because our reception site did not have an in house baker) and it was one of the best venders we worked with throughout our wedding year. Kathy is wonderful to work with, was interested in getting to know us as a couple, and was so responsive during the whole process. You will not be disappointed! We will definitely be using her in the future!

Should be Superb Desserts

Reviewed on 11/15/2010 Danna B

Before we could complete our Cake Tasting, my husband I knew that trusting Simply Desserts with our wedding cake was a no brainer. We decided to go non traditional and served wedding cup cakes. Kathy our guest were beeming and delighted by the taste and variety. We absolutely... Read More loved the presentation and set up. We will definately utilize your service again for special occassions and refer other couples who are planning a special event. Thanks so much. The abosolute best. : )

Raving reviews

Reviewed on 9/28/2010 Ruth M

Not only was Kathy extremely helpful, communicative and experienced but she made our wedding amazing. We had her make a Redskins cake for our rehearsal dinner which looked awesome and tasted even better. Our wedding cake took it up a notch and looked very professional as well as... Read More tasting wonderfully. We heard a lot of feedback from guests that they really enjoyed the cake as well. Not only did she make two wonderful cakes for us, she left us with detailed instructions on how to freeze and thaw our top tier for later enjoyment. I plan on returning to Kathy for other events and enjoying more of her amazing flavor combinations. My husbands favorite combination was the chocolate cake with caramel rum icing. It was definitely a unique and tasty cake!!

Sweet Surprise!

Reviewed on 9/21/2010 Debbie B

Simply Desserts bakes amazingly delicious cakes! Kathy, the owner and pastry chef, is pleasant, easy to work with and a professional! She does exactly what she says she is going to do... but that turned out to be so much more than we expected! She baked a wedding cake... Read More beautiful beyond our imagination and delicious beyond expectations. We chose alternating tiers of Carrot cake and Chocolate cake with butter cream frosting, decorated in alternating tiers of polka dots and lattice work with a ribbon added. It looked like fondant and had the delicious flavor of buttercream! Our guests are still raving about the taste and beauty of the cake. Great price too! Kathy is a sweet surprise! She even sent us a thank you note! How professional and kind! My daughter's wedding cake will be a treasured memory for years to come! ***Simply Desserts truly makes delicious, beautiful wedding cakes!!!!!

Yummy To My Tummy

Reviewed on 7/29/2010 Candace W

Kathy was amazing to work with. She was very personable and easy to talk to. Kathy's company offered us a nice variety of cake flavors and design options to select from. She knows how to please her clients. Our wedding cake received RAVE reviews not only from us but our... Read More guests too. It was BEAUTIFUL and simply delicious!! We can't wait to order a smaller version of our wedding cake to celebrate our first marriage anniversary. --Candace

Review for Simply Desserts

Reviewed on 6/09/2009 Robin T

It was the best cake and the best fondant I have had for a wedding cake. I specifically wanted to taste the fondant because most times it's purely sugar and I knew I wouldn't as well as my guests wouldn't like it. She had it made right there at her location and it was like... Read More butter....DELICIOUS! Plus the cake design I selected she made just as I had envisioned!

TO Simply Desserts