Skillins Greenhouses and Florist

We are a full service florist nestled just outside of Portland, ME. Skillins is a family business that has been providing beautiful flowers and plants to southern Maine for over 100 years. Our designers offer a creative viewpoint and knowledgeable background to help you envision your perfect floral setting while staying respectful to your budget. Our dynamic background allows us to not only offer arrangements and bouquets but anything in the tree, shrub, perennial, annual, and tropical plant realm. No event is too big or too small for us! We look forward to helping you create your floral vision!

Aisle Decorations, Centerpieces, Flower Girl Baskets, Pedestals, Plants, Vases, Chuppah, Wedding Arch, Flower Crowns, Hair Accessories, Accessories, Bouquet Wraps, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Arrangements

89 Foreside Rd, Falmouth, ME (207) 781-3860
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 12/19/2016 Bianca B

I came across Skillin's Greenhouses at the Portland Wedding Expo in January 2016, totally judged them by the booth, how kind the employees working were, the flyer they passed out & pinterest page. All Amazing!! I emailed after the Portland Wedding Expo to express interest and... Read More set up a consultation. I was planning my wedding from NYC, email and phone communication were key for me, and was amazing. Danielle kept in touch so well, and planned my visit to put together flowers for April (4 months before wedding in August 2016). When I went in April for my consultation, I had looked at flowers and had an idea but didn't know where to start. Danielle is so knowledgeable, and helped me get started on building a bouquet and from there we built the most amazing bridal bouquet. She helped me find cheaper options for a bridesmaid bouquet to make it similar but different and smaller than my bridal bouquet. In addition to being knowledgeable, creative, helpful, she also gives pricing options for centerpieces and boutonniere's to help with your wedding budget. After I kept in contact via email (again planning from NYC.) And my flowers showed up in the delivery window day of the wedding, and were absolutely stunning. All flower arrangements were perfect, and in pristine and fresh condition. I couldn't have worked with a better florist, Danielle, or a better company for my wedding day. I highly recommend Skillin's!

Reviewed on 1/15/2017 Erin K

I cannot say enough good things about Skillins! They did an incredible job with our wedding flowers and at a very reasonable price. Danielle was amazing! We met and discussed in detail my ideas and visions, and she was very organized and professional and brought all my ideas to... Read More reality, even better than I could have imagined! My bouquet and bridesmaid bouquets were perfect, exactly what I wanted. Our centerpieces were beautiful and so healthy, they lived for 2 weeks after the wedding! I used a lot of succulents in my bouquet/bridesmaid bouquets and have since re-planted them and they are alive and well, such a nice piece to have to remember the special day! I would highly recommend Skillins as well as Danielle to anyone looking for beautiful flowers at an excellent price, and friendly professional service!

Reviewed on 1/27/2016 Niles S

I talked with Danielle about 1 year before my wedding discussing the flowers that I wanted. She knew what I was talking about and even had some fun suggestions. Every time I went in after that (which was infrequent until the 3 weeks prior to the wedding) she recognized me by... Read More name. They were helpful when discussing flowers for my hair and when I finally saw my flowers, they were exactly what I was looking for and were perfect for me and my wedding. The best part was that I, and my family, had the bouquets from the tables and my bouquet for 2-3 weeks afterwards, keeping the joy of that day with us for a long time.

Reviewed on 7/22/2015

This past May, after careful consideration of a number of possible floral vendors, we selected Skillins to provide all the flower arrangements for our daughter's wedding (except the bouquets, which were a gift from a guest). This involved creating the floral decor for the... Read More interior of the church, as well as the centerpieces, a few small arrangements, and the table assignment/favors (small individual cacti) for the dinner reception at The Portland Club. Danielle Arroyo, florist at Skillins, met with my daughter and me a number of times and was always readily available by phone when questions arose during the planning process. She did a terrific job of hearing what the bride envisioned in terms of color and style for the old church, as well as the centerpieces, a few small arrangements for the dessert table, etc., and the favors/table assignment pieces (small individual cacti). Danielle was creative, insightful, thorough, and timely in all facets of her interactions with us. We received many compliments about the beautiful flowers provided by Skillins; every detail exceeded our expectations, and we would highly recommend Skillins for wedding flowers created and offered with a wonderfully personal touch.

Beautiful and inexpensive

Reviewed on 12/10/2014 Laurie P

Skillins was the best wedding choice I made. I had a tight budget and very little flower knowledge. They helped me make decisions and even offered "cheaper" alternatives so I could have what I wanted and stay within budget. The flowers were so much more amazing than I ever... Read More imagined.

Bouquets, Corsages, and buttonieres...oh my!

Reviewed on 5/13/2011 Sara M

The knowledge of the staff is great. It's such a great idea to get your wedding flowers from a local greenhouse because it is usually cheaper than going to a florist (who will mark up the prices). Skillin's was great and their work exceeded my expectations and it was very... Read More affordable!