Skillins Greenhouses and Florist

We are a full service florist nestled just outside of Portland, ME. Skillins is a family business that has been providing beautiful flowers and plants to southern Maine for over 100 years. Our designers offer a creative viewpoint and knowledgeable background to help you envision your perfect floral setting while staying respectful to your budget. Our dynamic background allows us to not only offer arrangements and bouquets but anything in the tree, shrub, perennial, annual, and tropical plant realm. No event is too big or too small for us! We look forward to helping you create your floral vision!

Aisle Decorations, Centerpieces, Flower Girl Baskets, Plants, Vases, Chuppah, Wedding Arch, Flower Crowns, Hair Accessories, Accessories, Bouquet Wraps, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Arrangements

89 Foreside Rd, Falmouth, ME (207) 781-3860
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Grace K

Do not walk, run to Skillins. Danielle is fabulous - she listened to us and created exactly what we wanted. We were from out of town and came up to Maine in the winter time to talk through what kind of look we were going for for our June wedding. Being two brides, it was... Read More really lovely to work with a vendor who just "got it." So easy to work with, such a lovely experience. We could not be happier.

Reviewed on 11/19/2017 Jessie L

We worked with Skillins Cumberland - they did a fantastic job, and absolutely captured the style I was looking for in our flowers. I know very little about flowers myself, but I sent some ideas from Pinterest - Wendi was knowledge and flexible, and was able to really match the... Read More tone and feel of what I was looking for.

Reviewed on 9/24/2017 Chrissy C

We could have not been happier to work with Skillin's Greenhouse and Danielle. From beginning to end the process was relaxed, informative and exactly what we wanted. No matter how many times I was hesitant with my decisions or changed my mind, Danielle was so calm and patient... Read More through it all. She was easy to communicate with and we trusted her decisions without hesitation. One of the things we really appreciated was the honesty when it came to finances. Since we were on a budget they were very open with prices and how changing certain flowers can make a difference in the financial department but look just as beautiful. I would use their services again without hesitation.

Reviewed on 11/16/2017 Monica S

I absolutely love Skillins! All of the arrangements were gorgeous and exactly what we wanted. They are also great at capturing your vision within your budget!! Danielle was super sweet and very easy to work with.

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Victoria S

Danielle and the Skillin's team was excellent to work with! I was not sure of exactly what I wanted out of my flowers but Danielle was able to help us along and produced absolutely stunning work that lasted long after the event! The crew also helped us load our vehicle to make... Read More sure everything arrived safely! I would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 Angela C

We worked with Danielle throughout the process and she was so helpful. I would send her ideas for various arrangements I liked and she brought them all to life. We got married on Diamond Cove Island, and Skillins got all of the flowers on the ferry and over to us the morning of.... Read More We did our boutiques, center pieces, ceremony decor and cake decor all with Skillins, and everything was exactly what I hoped for! Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 Linda L

Danielle was so professional and the flowers she did for our daughter's wedding were so beautiful and memorable. Danielle took the time to show us samples, worked with us on our colors and additional props we gave her. Her work is excellent and we couldn't be happier.... Read More Everything she did photographed so well and we got many compliments from those that attended the wedding. I have had Danielle do many arrangements for me in the past and will continue to have her do more in the future. Her work is so good and I always refer Danielle to anyone needing a simple arrangement or something more elaborate. A+++, Thanks

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Emily M

Skillins were wonderful to work with designing our bouquets and boutineers for our wedding this fall. Everything turned out better than I imagined and they even worked with my request to only use plants and flowers that were seasonal in October. Super reasonable prices too!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Colleen B

Danielle was incredible and the flowers she created for my wedding was exactly what I wanted! She was very accommodating and worked with me to best assist me. I would absolutely use her again for another event!

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Rachael L

Danielle was absolutely phenomenal! I had no idea what I wanted for flowers when I first met with Danielle. She was so helpful and just started putting together ideas in front of me. She has a great eye for color and flower combinations and WOW the final products were absolutely... Read More beautiful. Lucky for me my bridesmaids forgot their bouquets at the venue the next morning and I got to take them all home and display them around my house for weeks after! I highly recommend Skillins Greenhouses!

Reviewed on 8/11/2017 Cheryl L

Skillens is a great choice! Danielle is very easy to work with; floral creativity is great; delivery on time; and, pricing is very fair. Check this choice right off your list and feel confident all will be well!

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Caroline C

The flowers for my wedding were absolutely gorgeous! Skillins did a truly fantastic job! The process was so easy and they really listened to what I wanted. I was SO excited when I saw the final product! Thank you!

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Lori C

I discovered by accident that Skillins does weddings! I knew they were a great nursery, but I met with Danielle and she took care of everything from the planning the bouquet to delivery! I don't know flowers, but I had an idea of what my daughter wanted for her wedding.... Read More Danielle created the most unique and gorgeous succulent bouquets for the bridal party, all the girls were over the moon! If you're looking for the perfect wedding flowers, contact Danielle at Skillins in Falmouth. She's the best!

Reviewed on 1/15/2017 Erin K

I cannot say enough good things about Skillins! They did an incredible job with our wedding flowers and at a very reasonable price. Danielle was amazing! We met and discussed in detail my ideas and visions, and she was very organized and professional and brought all my ideas to... Read More reality, even better than I could have imagined! My bouquet and bridesmaid bouquets were perfect, exactly what I wanted. Our centerpieces were beautiful and so healthy, they lived for 2 weeks after the wedding! I used a lot of succulents in my bouquet/bridesmaid bouquets and have since re-planted them and they are alive and well, such a nice piece to have to remember the special day! I would highly recommend Skillins as well as Danielle to anyone looking for beautiful flowers at an excellent price, and friendly professional service!

Reviewed on 12/19/2016 Bianca B

I came across Skillin's Greenhouses at the Portland Wedding Expo in January 2016, totally judged them by the booth, how kind the employees working were, the flyer they passed out & pinterest page. All Amazing!! I emailed after the Portland Wedding Expo to express interest and... Read More set up a consultation. I was planning my wedding from NYC, email and phone communication were key for me, and was amazing. Danielle kept in touch so well, and planned my visit to put together flowers for April (4 months before wedding in August 2016). When I went in April for my consultation, I had looked at flowers and had an idea but didn't know where to start. Danielle is so knowledgeable, and helped me get started on building a bouquet and from there we built the most amazing bridal bouquet. She helped me find cheaper options for a bridesmaid bouquet to make it similar but different and smaller than my bridal bouquet. In addition to being knowledgeable, creative, helpful, she also gives pricing options for centerpieces and boutonniere's to help with your wedding budget. After I kept in contact via email (again planning from NYC.) And my flowers showed up in the delivery window day of the wedding, and were absolutely stunning. All flower arrangements were perfect, and in pristine and fresh condition. I couldn't have worked with a better florist, Danielle, or a better company for my wedding day. I highly recommend Skillin's!

Reviewed on 1/27/2016 Niles S

I talked with Danielle about 1 year before my wedding discussing the flowers that I wanted. She knew what I was talking about and even had some fun suggestions. Every time I went in after that (which was infrequent until the 3 weeks prior to the wedding) she recognized me by... Read More name. They were helpful when discussing flowers for my hair and when I finally saw my flowers, they were exactly what I was looking for and were perfect for me and my wedding. The best part was that I, and my family, had the bouquets from the tables and my bouquet for 2-3 weeks afterwards, keeping the joy of that day with us for a long time.

Reviewed on 7/22/2015

This past May, after careful consideration of a number of possible floral vendors, we selected Skillins to provide all the flower arrangements for our daughter's wedding (except the bouquets, which were a gift from a guest). This involved creating the floral decor for the... Read More interior of the church, as well as the centerpieces, a few small arrangements, and the table assignment/favors (small individual cacti) for the dinner reception at The Portland Club. Danielle Arroyo, florist at Skillins, met with my daughter and me a number of times and was always readily available by phone when questions arose during the planning process. She did a terrific job of hearing what the bride envisioned in terms of color and style for the old church, as well as the centerpieces, a few small arrangements for the dessert table, etc., and the favors/table assignment pieces (small individual cacti). Danielle was creative, insightful, thorough, and timely in all facets of her interactions with us. We received many compliments about the beautiful flowers provided by Skillins; every detail exceeded our expectations, and we would highly recommend Skillins for wedding flowers created and offered with a wonderfully personal touch.

Beautiful and inexpensive

Reviewed on 12/10/2014 Laurie P

Skillins was the best wedding choice I made. I had a tight budget and very little flower knowledge. They helped me make decisions and even offered "cheaper" alternatives so I could have what I wanted and stay within budget. The flowers were so much more amazing than I ever... Read More imagined.

Bouquets, Corsages, and buttonieres...oh my!

Reviewed on 5/13/2011 Sara M

The knowledge of the staff is great. It's such a great idea to get your wedding flowers from a local greenhouse because it is usually cheaper than going to a florist (who will mark up the prices). Skillin's was great and their work exceeded my expectations and it was very... Read More affordable!