On-Site Hair + Makeup Services

The SM HAIR + MAKEUP Team is based out of the Twin Cities Metro area. Our team of experienced, fun and talented artists and stylists travel on-site for all weddings, and we are confident that we will always meet and exceed the expectations of our clients. We love what we do and know that you will too!

Minneapolis, MN We cover the Midwest and travel nationally (612) 361-1967

Exactly what I wanted, and more!

Reviewed on 4/06/2015

An acquaintance of mine used SM Makeup for her wedding, and because I really liked how everyone's hair and makeup turned out, I decided to use the company for my own wedding. The artists were professional, talented, personable, confident, and made me feel comfortable and... Read More assured of everything. The price was perfect and honestly a much better deal than some more expensive companies that don't do as good of a job. I was very impressed with how well they listened to what I wanted for my hair and makeup, and how well they translated it into actuality. I wanted to look glamorous, classy, and elegant, and they hit the nail on the head. I felt so beautiful on my wedding day, and that was my hope and expectation when I picked SM Makeup. They delivered on every aspect of what I wanted and needed as a bride, and I wholeheartedly recommend them to anyone looking for a personalized, professional hair and makeup experience on their wedding day.

Reviewed on 11/18/2016 Meghan N

SM Makeup, Inc. is some kind of wonderful! I have worked with them on two separate occasions now; once as a bridesmaid and most recently as the bride. First, I have to admit my complexion is less than ideal. I have a lot of acne marks, redness and even some scarring. Not the end... Read More of the world (at least mine), so I wasn't necessarily focused on my face being perfect for my big day. So when my face was absolutely flawless, I was stunned! The airbrushing looked incredibly natural and was so lightweight. I literally felt so good. The unexpected confidence boost was such a blessing to me on an otherwise anxiety-ridden day (no cold feet, I'm just an anxious person). And of course I had lots of compliments that day, as everyone loves a bride and there is truly something so beautiful about each one. But I had so many comments and questions about my makeup specifically, there was no doubt it looked awesome all day long. I wish I could include pictures! The SM team was so sweet and accommodating. Not only are they willing to travel, start early and pay attention to every detail, their professionalism is unmatched. You are made to feel genuinely special. SM Makeup is fitting for all kinds of brides and weddings, from low-key to glamorous. I'm just so grateful to them. Thank you SO much, Steph!

2016-11-18T16:10:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! This means more than you know! We appreciate you and this review very much. Take care and God Bless! XOXO- Steph Owner SM MAKEUP INC

Wonderful!

Reviewed on 7/20/2015 Becky C

I search for a place that would travel to me on my wedding day so I wouldn't have to make any extra stops. SM Makeup and Hair was reasonably priced, and after reading other reviews, decided to give them a try. I liked that they allowed my wedding party to pay for services the... Read More day of the event. A lot of other places required you to prepay for services not yet rendered, which I did not like, plus paying me back would have gotten messy. This was much easier. The ladies were wonderful, too. I showed them pictures of what I wanted my hair and makeup to look like, and the replication was spot on. I had a few girls who planned to get their hair done by SM, but they were going to do their own makeup. After seeing what everyone else looked like, SM was flexible enough to include them in the lineup of makeup also. My 70 year old mother had her makeup done for the first time in her life. When they were done, she looked in the mirror and started crying, she looked so good. It was absolutely priceless.

Reviewed on 11/03/2017 Alli B

I spent a great deal of time researching my hair and makeup artists for my wedding in July, and finally settled upon SM Hair and Makeup for my 8 ladies and myself. We had Megan do our hair and Amanda do our makeup and they be beyond incredible. I love every shot from my day... Read More because of their skill. They also made the morning so fun! I enjoyed the experience so much that I booked them for a work event for hair and makeup. Just as amazing! I will never go anywhere else for any event hair and makeup needs! As highly recommended as possible!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Kelsey B

Coordination was easy with SM and the artists got through my large bridal party on time with the majority of them pleased. My assigned make-up artist Amanda M did fantastic work. My hair has caused me some heartache as looking back at photos from certain angles can be difficult... Read More for me to see past my hair which had some flawed things going on with it (unflattering piecey curls that were curled towards the face in what appeared to be small sections, not what one would expect when requesting soft loose curls from a professional hair stylist). I was the last one to get their hair completed so immediately moved on to the first look and since there was not a mirror right in front of me while the damage was getting done (this part is my fault), I didn't realize I disliked how it looked until pictures were being posted in the days/weeks to follow. I wish I would have done my own hair, and actually did for a couple reshoot pictures I paid to have our photographer do so I could have some in my wedding dress where I felt beautiful from all angles. You might have a wonderful experience using SM and I have mutual friends that recommended them who did, but it's a gamble and what weight are recommendations if you don't get guaranteed that the same artist will be assigned to you? If I was assigned someone that didn't live up to their reputation and wasn't mentioned in reviews I trusted while booking, there's a risk you could too. For that reason I can not recommend to future brides.

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Morgan G

I am so happy I chose SM makeup for my wedding! Amanda Miskowic was my makeup artist, and she did such a fabulous job!! Our wedding party looked stunning! The airbrush looked so natural, and my makeup did not spear even after all the crying and sweating throughout the day! On... Read More top of that, she was diligent, professional, and respectful. I would highly recommend SM hair/makeup to any bride looking for the perfect look!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Laura G

SM Hair and Makeup was the best! They came to our wedding venue starting at 9 am to do hair and makeup for myself, 6 bridesmaids, 2 attendants, 2 moms, and 2 sister in laws. They were super efficient, and everyone's hair and makeup turned out SO beautifully. They were very... Read More professional, but still super fun and friendly. Their prices were competitive and all 5 of the hair/makeup artists there were so talented. I worked with Colleen for my hair and she did such a great job - I got compliments all night. Becca did my makeup and it was EXACTLY what I wanted - she did a beautiful job as well! Would definitely recommend SM Hair and Makeup to anyone for a wedding, or even engagement or graduation photo shoot.

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Marie K

Greta was AMAZING!! I came across SM Makeup Inc. when I was researching makeup artists to use, I fell in love with their style and they had great reviews!! Everyone I talked to was so sweet and professional! Greta was so great to work with!! She made my vision come to life and... Read More my makeup was gorgeous!!

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Ali H

Megan and Bridget from SM Makeup did an AMAZING job on the hair and makeup for myself and my bridesmaids. They were so friendly and were more than willing to make any changes to the hair/makeup to make sure it was perfect. You can tell they are very knowledgeable because each... Read More person had a different hair style, makeup, hair length, hair thickness, etc. and they were easily able to give everyone exactly what they were looking for! Everyone's hair and makeup lasted the entire day and night and still looked flawless! Thank you for making us look and feel so beautiful!

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Kaitlin S

Chelsy was so great to work with. I booked her for my hair and hair for my bridesmaids/personal attendant. It was a little difficult to get things booked in the beginning, but after sorting that out, the process was great. Since I was planning from Chicago, I was able to do... Read More an initial consultation with her when I was in town several months in advance. After finishing it there were several adjustments I wanted to make and Chelsy was more than accommodating. I emailed photos to her of what I was looking for and she assured me that even if I changed my mind completely the day of the wedding that she'd be able to do whatever I wanted. The day of the wedding was great, Chelsy showed up early to house we were getting ready at and was able to get through all 5 us in record time, even with adjustments and tweaks after people's makeup was finished. Everyone loved their hair, it all turned out better than we'd anticipated. I would definitely recommend her!

Reviewed on 7/15/2017 Kaylee B

SM Makeup is by far the best value you will find for event / wedding hair and makeup in the Twin Cities. Trust me, I did all the research. While they don’t have “rock bottom” prices, their prices are incredibly reasonably, but the quality of their work is exceptional. Their team... Read More comes to your location (and were early!) and does all the hair and makeup on site. The girls are fun and make the “getting ready” portion of your day a memorable, enjoyable time. I had multiple comments from members of my party (there were 6 girls getting stuff done plus me - the bride) of how impressed they were with the hair and makeup artists, their skills, and especially HOW QUICKLY they got everything done. I had my bridal hair done by Chelsy Rosett and she was absolutely incredible. Aside from her easy going, fun personality, she is an incredibly talented hair stylist. I received so many compliments throughout the night about how gorgeous my hair was and it is all thanks to Chelsy’s talents. Also - the hair stayed until the very end, which makes a difference (I’ve seen many brides with hair that looks sub par by dinner). I never resprayed my hair throughout the night or worried about it. My makeup done by the owner Stephanie Martin. She is amazing. She is so sweet, kind and truly tries to understand exactly what you want and makes it come to life. She made me feel the most beautiful I ever have and that is an invaluable feeling - especially on your wedding day. My groom said to me multiple times throughout the night - I always knew you were beautiful, but today you look absolutely stunning. He was blown away. Thank you SM Makeup for being a part of our day, and making me - and all members of my party - feel gorgeous.

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Lori O

SM Makeup did a WONDERFUL job with my hair (Bride) and my bridesmaids hair. Cassi did such a great job. She was 15 min early, she is friendly, personable with all the ladies, very talented and easy going. We had one style set at my hair trial and the morning of the wedding when... Read More she showed up I changed my mind on the style of hair I wanted. She was so positive and accommodating to what I wanted. I couldn't have asked for a better stylist on that day. Cassi stayed late until I had my wedding dress on to make sure my hair was in place AND she helped with other needs of my mom and my bridesmaids...It was blessing having her there. Thank you SM Makeup (Stephanie, Becca and Cassi)

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Andrea P

SM Makeup did a great job for me and my wedding party! I was very happy with what we received for the price we paid. Would recommend!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Kolten K

SM Makeup Inc. was amazing to work with! Cristina and the team did a fantastic job with hair and makeup on my wedding day on 8/19/2016. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Lisa B

Ashley and Amanda were wonderful! They answered a lot of questions during my trail. On the day of my wedding, everything was perfect. We all looked amazing.

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Jamie V

SM Makeup did an amazing job on all of the hair & makeup for me and my bridal party!! They are truly amazing at what they do and so easy to work with. From their customer service throughout the whole process, to making you feel so at ease the day of - they are so great to work... Read More with! I have never felt more beautiful then I did on my wedding day, thanks to their incredible talent. I would highly recommend SM Makeup to any brides out there!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Emily P

I had a wonderful experience with SM Makeup for my wedding makeup and hair as well as my bridesmaids. There was a miscommunication with the timeline earlier in planning (my fault), and SM completely worked with me and was able to make everything happen. The day of the wedding... Read More they were professional, on time and a calming force in the bridal suite. My hair was done by Cassi and she did an undo beautifully. Makeup was done by Becca and was perfect and held up all night. My bridal party and myself were all happy with the service we received. My mom even got choked up looking at herself all made up with hair and makeup. I would recommend them to anyone looking for on-site hair and makeup for their wedding.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Robyn V

We used SM for hair and make-up for my daughter's wedding. They did an amazing job on my daughter, most of her bridesmaids and me. I received lots of compliments and my daughter was stunning! I highly recommend them for anyone looking for these services on their special... Read More day.

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Rachel F

SM Makeup was absolutely amazing! I had about 10 girls getting hair and (at least) partial makeup done. Every single one turned out stunning. The artists were punctual and so pleasant; and the best part was everyone's hair&makeup stayed perfect through the entire day! I highly... Read More recommend SM Makeup for your beauty team. They do not disappoint!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Christine M

Overall, I had a pretty good experience with SM Makeup. I originally choose them because their prices were reasonable. My stylist, Cristina, was very sweet and took time during my consultation to make sure she understood my needs. My hair and makeup looked natural, which is... Read More what I desired. I was a little disappointed that my hair had already begun to fall out by the reception, despite me asking her to add extra product. One other frustration is that we had specifically asked for two blowouts for the MOB and MOG but the stylists showed up unprepared for that task, which added extra stress during the getting ready period. I did wish they had sent more help for styling as hair and makeup took a long time on my wedding day. Nonetheless, the reasonable price and kindness of the staff overshadowed our frustrations.

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Megan T

I am absolutely thrilled with the beautiful job the hair and makeup team at SM Makeup did for my wedding. The team was super accommodating to schedule a hair and makeup trial the week of Thanksgiving for this out of town bride. The hair and makeup they did on the spot was... Read More perfection. The company was also super accommodating when I kept adding on additional ladies to get makeup done. I started with 6 people and it grew to 6 hairstyles and 10 makeup applications. We started at 10:30am and they finished everyone early at 2:00pm! In part, because I have a few friends with short hair, but I was so pleased. Because of this early finish, I was able to get an extra hour in for pictures. Another wonderful thing they did was bring an extra tall chair to apply makeup. SM Makeup's hair styles and makeup looks were beautiful, natural, looked great on camera and the hairstyles didn't budge. My bridal hair and makeup received compliments all night and the early pictures coming in so far are so beautiful! Truly a wonderful experience with this company and I highly recommend booking them. Thank you again SM Makeup for beautifying our crew on 9/24/16!

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Danielle S

What bride and her party doesn’t want to look their absolute best on their wedding day and in pictures that you’ll be looking at for years to come? SM Makeup is the company to make sure you do. We had Chelsy for hair and makeup and her skills are beyond amazing. The trial... Read More run (which is done at the owner’s house, so don’t be confused when GPS takes you to a neighborhood) was a must- it gives your stylist the time needed to fine-tune your look to be just what you want. Even though my girls didn’t have trial runs, Chelsy took their ideas and brought them to life. The company was even great about all the last minute changes I had (had a few girls add makeup at the end and I changed the location on them). Their prices are really reasonable and absolutely WORTH EVERY PENNY!

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 Amanda S

SM Makeup was amazing! I worked with Becca via email quite often and Cristina was our main stylist/makeup artist. Our hair and makeup were just perfect and my husband could not keep his eyes off of me for our entire night because of it. We had Cristina come to my home for the... Read More trial because their salon is a little too far for me to drive and Cristina was wonderful to work with and she is very talented with both hair and makeup.

Reviewed on 8/12/2016 Jennifer

One of the best decisions I made leading up to my wedding was selecting SM Makeup Inc to do my bridal hair and makeup. Cristina was my artist, and she was FABULOUS. She really listens, and in addition to being talented and professional, she is also so nice. She made my vision... Read More come to life exactly how I pictured it---and the hair and makeup lasted all morning and all night! Worth every penny and more.

Reviewed on 8/07/2016 Nichole G

Beware, hair & make up trials not scheduled together easily. All independent consultants so you have to travel to their salon- I had to go an hour one way. Was happy with my trial make up by Becca but the day of the wedding my eyes were far darker than what I wanted, insisted it... Read More will photograph well- it did not! I tried 2 stylists for hair.... I should have done my own. They also forgot to send the final invoice before the wedding day and sent several emails requesting payment in the 2 following days even though there was a due date 5 days out.

2016-08-09T10:57:02 Response from the vendor

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, however, This review happens to leave out some key details. For Example: -The original stylist assigned happened to have her baby 8 weeks early, something we clearly have no control over! So, I had to set the bride... Read Less Read More

Stephanie Martin

I am so grateful to be living out my dream…I started SM HAIR + MAKEUP with hope and a vision. It was only me and one assistant when I first started, and now there are over 20 incredible hair stylists and makeup artists on the Team. I am very passionate about our brand and the service we provide our clients. I make it a point to remember each and every client by name, because that's what you get with us… You are a name, not a number. I will go above and beyond to make sure our clients are well taken care of and know how appreciative we are for them. I am blessed to call this my job. xoxo- Steph