SMJ Photography

York, Lancaster, Harrisburg, Baltimore, Philadelphia

Modern Timeless Wedding Photography

I'm a photographer who aims for a modern, yet timeless image. I'm your lay on the ground, jump in the air, walk-backwards to get the perfect shot kind of photographer. I take pride in what I do, and giving you priceless images that you'll cherish forever. I consider photography a luxury, and something that you can tangibly hold in your hands to take you back to those precious moments in your life. My goal is not just to photograph, but to help you while planning the wedding of your dreams. I’ll assist you in any way, to help make your day as easy and stress-free as possible. I take pride in my creativity and what I do , and aim to create an everlasting experience and art for you to cherish for a lifetime.

Artistic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

York, Lancaster, Harrisburg, Baltimore, Philadelphia (717) 850-3544

Reviewed on 1/06/2017 Katie C

Wow, where do I even begin to describe how awesome Scott and his team are! From the day that we booked him, Scott was extremely supportive and had great recommendations throughout the planning process. I am an extremely detailed person and it was so comforting to have all of the... Read More online resources that Scott provides. I was very nervous for our engagement pictures because posing can be super awkward, but Scott was so natural and picked up on our relationship so quickly! During our wedding day, his team made us both feel so comfortable and they treated our wedding party, family, and friends so well! Priscilla even had to pin the guys flowers. It was so great knowing that Scott had a schedule and helped us to stick to it, but also was flexible with timing. Eric and I, along with our wedding party, are complete goof balls. Scott got in the serious shots, but also allowed us to be our goofy old selves. Scott and Priscilla even got in our photo booth with us to take some hilarious shots! Our wedding was a complete blast and I felt like Scott and his team were such a huge part of that. Now that we have our photos back, I can truly say how absolutely amazing Scott is. He captured every precious, romantic, funny, and perfect moment throughout the day. If you're looking for someone who is relaxed, funny, comforting, organized, and amazing at what he does, Scott is definitely your guy!

2017-01-07T07:28:05 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Katie! We had a wonderful time at your wedding and wish you and Eric nothing but the best!

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Cara L

Choosing Scott as our wedding photographer was the absolute best decision. After our first video chat, I knew he would be a great fit for my husband and I and we continued getting to know Scott through our emails, phone calls, video chats, and engagement photos. (He even... Read More traveled to Baltimore, MD for our sunrise engagement photos!) On our wedding day, we were so comfortable with him (and his awesome team) and so grateful he was there capturing every moment and all the details. I wanted traditional photos of my wedding day, candid moments from early in the day through the ceremony and on the dance floor, as well as cool artistic shots. Scott provided all of that and so much more without taking us away from time with our guests. He is insanely passionate about wedding photography and captured the day better than we ever could have imagined. He is creative, patient, kind, organized, and SO talented. He is willing to do whatever it takes to get an amazing shot, even if that requires climbing something or laying on the floor! Scott is a blast to work with and so easy to communicate with before, during, and after the wedding day. We are in the process of finalizing our album and choosing photos was nearly impossible. There are too many incredible photos to narrow down - but Scott patiently worked with us to create the perfect layout and we cannot wait to see the finished product. We cannot say enough great things about Scott as a person and his insane skills as a photographer. We loved working with Scott and are so happy to we chose him to capture our wedding day - and we highly recommend you include SMJ Photography in yours!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Dex B

Scott has been amazing to work with. He's very professional and detail oriented. Getting to know Scott during our video conferences and engagements pictures before our wedding really made us feel comfortable. The day of the wedding he helped all the guys put on the... Read More boutonnieres. I like how he created a timeline of the wedding that we used and could send out to the groomsmen and bridesmaids. We've seen a few sneak peeks of his photo's and they are just beautiful! The colors and details just pop. He has an eye for photography and his work shows. I can tell he loves this.

2017-10-19T12:41:19 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much Dex and Laura! We had a wonderful time capturing your wedding day!

Reviewed on 9/10/2017 Julie W

I am so happy that we chose Scott as our photographer. We've only received a few "sneak peek" photos from our wedding so far, but they have been unbelievably stunning! We opted against doing a first look, and Scott did an amazing job of coordinating the day to make sure we still... Read More had time for all of our requested shots and his creative shots, while still getting us to cocktail hour on time! He was comfortable to work with, made the day fun, and has such an amazing eye. We're continuously wowed by his work! Choosing a photographer was a stressful decision for us, but we couldn't have been happier with SMJ. We think Scott is one of the best photographers around, and we highly recommend!!

2017-09-11T20:01:22 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much Julie and Alex! You guys were so wonderful to work with and I can't wait to design your album!

Reviewed on 7/29/2017 Kim B

Scott was a godsend on our wedding day. He and his second shooter were extremely professional and helped us get through the long day with no bumps in the road! Scott seemed to understand that I wasn't totally comfortable with a lot of attention, so he thankfully minimized the... Read More time that we spent on the portraits of just me, and focused our time on couples shots. They turned out great - lots of creative shots - and he put them all together in a nice online gallery for us to share with friends and family. Although he's based in York, PA, he traveled to Center City Philadelphia for our wedding.

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Heidi M

Scott was extremely professional, very organized, friendly and creative with his shots. We couldn't have asked for a better photographer!

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 nastassia I

Going with Scott as our photographer was one of the best and easiest decisions I made while planning my wedding. He captured all the organic smiles and laughter between my husband and I. My favorite shots were the ones we were caught off guard. We remember our night perfectly... Read More because of all the detailed pictures and moments Scott captured. His creativity will blow your mind with how beautiful your photographs will turn out. Thank you again Scott! Nastassia Lora

2017-05-24T19:09:29 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words Nastasstia and Henry! I had such a wonderful time with you and your friends and family!

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Tierney S

Scott is an amazing photographer to work with! Very professional, creative, and fun! We recently received our wedding photographs and couldn't be happier. The images are priceless, an incredible reminder of the best day of our lives! Scott was able to capture a variety of... Read More details/moments, including those that are so easily overlooked during the chaos and emotion of such a special day. Highly recommend!

2016-12-16T20:29:47 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much Tierney and Troy! Your day was an absolute blast!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Megan W

We were fortunate to have found Scott as our engagement and wedding photographer. Scott has an amazing eye and will deliver those pictures you will be proud to share for generations. He is able to do the traditional pictures as well as the crazy artistic shots that will make... Read More your jaw drop. He is professional, passionate and willing to work on any request. He sometimes comes up with crazy ideas but if you go with it... you won't be disappointed! Scott was by far the best vendor that we selected and we could not have been happier!

2016-12-16T20:29:20 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the fabulous review Megan and Adam! You two are such incredible people and I'm honored to have captured your wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Chelsea G

Scott is an amazing photographer! He is so passionate about his work and spends so much time perfecting it! I absolutely loved our photos! He is trustworthy and dependable! You cannot go wrong using his service!

Reviewed on 8/14/2016 Carolyn L

Scott was very professional but fun to work with. Very creative and artistic. We got all the traditional pictures taken but also got a lot of really cool artsy shots that we love! No complaints, got our pics on time and we are very happy with them. Highly recommend.

2016-08-16T20:34:24 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the review! It was my pleasure to capture your special day!

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Samantha K

We had originally won an engagement session contest with Scott and after how easy going and fun our session was we knew we wanted him to shoot our wedding! He really made the whole process as easy as possible and always kept what we wanted in mind. He worked with our wedding... Read More party beautifully and he really made the day go so smoothly and I am in love with our pictures. One of the most creative photographers I have seen. Definitely recommended!

2016-08-16T20:33:54 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much! It's always an honor to capture your day in the most creative way possible!

SMJ was exactly what we were looking for!

Reviewed on 1/26/2016 Katie O

My husband and I were rather picky about our photographer for the wedding because we are photographers ourself. After doing tons of research and stumbling upon SMJ, he was exactly what we were after! His dramatic pictures nailed "the shot" and he managed to get all the little... Read More details we spent so much time putting together. Ahead of time he was fantastic at communicating and making sure he knew exactly what we wanted so come wedding day he made me stress free! I would highly recommend Scott to anyone looking for pictures that make you lose your breath and say "WOW!"

2016-01-26T13:56:40 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much Katie! It was an honor to capture your wedding day and I can't wait to design your album with you!

SMJ Photography

Reviewed on 1/05/2016 Emily G

Scott was amazing to work with. Every step of the way he was helpful and prompt in responding. His prices are very reasonable and a great value for a great photographer. His packages include tons of extra perks that would cost much more other places. He was willing to work with... Read More every request we had and is very versatile. We had a great time working with him and had many guests complement the job that he was doing at our reception. My maid of honor said she may steal him as her photographer when she gets married! We are very happy with how our pictures turned out and would book SMJ Photography again.

2016-01-05T20:20:12 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much Emily! It was a pleasure working with you and Brian!

Scott

I was raised on the outskirts of Philadelphia, so naturally I have a love for a good cheesesteak (it's all about the roll). Oh, and being raised in Philly, I always root for the Phillies and Eagles so I'm used to being constantly let down by my favorite teams. I have undoubtedly the cutest cat, named Chloe. I also absolutely adore pandas. They're just way too cute. Last but not least, I love cookies so much I've considered taking full wedding payments in the form of fresh baked chocolate chip cookies.