Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Photo

Bow2008 09

1607 Forest HIll Dr., Austin, TX

Reviewed on 11/05/2015 Loren H

I am so glad I chose Stacy and SMS Photography for our wedding. Wedding photography is a bit of a daunting choice - there are so many photographers in Austin to choose from, and obviously they only have one shot so to speak, to capture the most important ( and expensive!) day of... Read More your life when flattering photos are a must. Stacy and her team delivered! From our first email, she immediately grasped the concept I was going for, and her excellent photos reflected the 'old Hollywood, dream-like quality meets bohemian 1970's' look I was going for. She captured both poignant and silly moments with grace and expert aptitude. There are several magical and flattering photos of our families and wedding party. We are very pleased! Thank you again SMS!

Amazing highly recommend

Reviewed on 4/08/2015 Amanda B

Stacy was an absolute dream to work with! The pics turned out beautifully and she was flexible fun and reasonably priced! I got so many compliments on my engagement pics and she was fun to work with at the wedding and made me and the groom feel very comfortable!!

Stacy is AWESOME!!

Reviewed on 11/05/2013 Chelsa V

Stacy is incredible. She has an eye for all things pretty and attention to detail. Probably the most laid back person that we worked with through out our wedding- which is a gift as things can feel hectic and overwhelming. So it felt very reassuring to be able to count her and... Read More have complete confidence in her work. The last thing you want to question is the quality of your photographer OR the connection you have- we met with several other photographers before Stacy- while everyone was very talented, there wasn't a comfort/genuine personality connection until we met Stacy. We heart Stacy and her work!!

Simply the best!

Reviewed on 4/20/2013 Rachel W

I can't say enough great things about Stacy and SMS Photography. Stacy shot both our engagement photos and our wedding, and all of our pictures are incredible. To top is off, she is so much fun to work with! Stacy has such a bubbly personality, it puts you immediately at ease.... Read More Everyone who sees our pictures comments on how amazing our photographer was. Do yourself a favor and hire Stacy to photograph your wedding! She is worth every penny!!!!

Stacy is the best!!!

Reviewed on 5/23/2012 Sung S

Stacy was our wedding photographer and I can't praise enough about her beautiful work! It was important for my husband and I to have someone capture the story of our day perfectly and Stacy delivered so much more -- we couldn't be happier with how the pictures turned out. Her... Read More bright, energetic, and super cute personality gets you excited every time. Definitely the best decision working with Stacy during our planning. Highly recommend her to brides out there!

Reviewed on 5/19/2012 Leigh H

My husband and I could not have picked a better photographer. When we were searching we spent hours on-line looking at websites, reading profiles/bios and Stacy's was one of the first ones we came across. We found ourselves comparing every other site to hers, because her... Read More personality peeked our interest along with her photos. We then set a meeting up and from that moment we were done looking! Stacy is not only a fabulous photographer she is also an amazing person! We were so comfortable and happy around her, which in our opinion is key to having a great photographer because it showed in our photos that we were relaxed and happy. We are so lucky that Smsphotography (Stacy) was our photographer at our wedding!!! Her assistant was also extremely personable and fantastic too! All of our guests and family keep talking about how wonderful they were and how much they love our photos! Stacy truly listened to everything that we felt was important to us in our photos and made sure she captured them!!! We cannot wait to shoot our family photos with Stacy next month too! Thank you smsphotography!!! You truly made our wedding wonderful!

Absolute BEST decision!!

Reviewed on 4/19/2012 Natalie H

The wedding photographer was a very important decision for us because we both value high quality photos and wanted to make sure we walked away with amazing wedding photos. We were absolutely thrilled with Stacy and her team! I was a little nervous about the wedding day timeline,... Read More but Stacy arrived 15 minutes early and was ready to go when she arrived. Everything flowed beautifully that day and I even told my husband afterwards that I didn't even remember seeing Stacy at our reception. She was great at 'hiding' herself yet still getting great shots. Stacy is very professional, has a wonderful personality and is easy to work with. I was also happy very with her timeline on posting 'sneak peak' photos on her blog. I recommend her 110%!

A fabulous pro

Reviewed on 1/25/2012 Anna G

We used Stacy for our November 2010 wedding after researching numerous photographers. As my father is a former professional photographer, the tone and quality of the photos were very important to us and we were quite picky! Stacy has an energetic, fun personality, but as others... Read More have noted, she is all business when it comes to execution on the "day of" for your events, as well as the final product. We presented perhaps the greatest challenge she's ever had a wedding - the groom was hospitalized and missed the entire dinner and reception. Stacy and her team didn't miss a beat, and she very graciously (at no extra cost) met with us again a week after the wedding to "recreate the day" so we could indeed have hundreds of beautiful photos, even if my husband missed the main event. The thing we liked the best was that her technique covers the wide spectrum of candid, casual shots to very formal, artistic portraits. She also clearly had good relationships with our other vendors, which is important in a town like Austin.

The Absolute BEST!

Reviewed on 1/15/2012 T W

Stacy was given to us as a recommendation from the mother of another bride. We are SO GLAD we chose her! We did not do engagement shots (why bother. They're like having old senior pictures - you never use them after the engagement). We hired Stacy for our wedding and... Read More rehearsal dinner. I interviewed her at her studio and liked her laid-back nature. I felt we could work with her. Also, we liked her candid shots. Some photographers had portfolios that looked too staged or too much like you were buying a high school yearbook. Her casual shots were very natural-looking and we decided on her. To my surprise her nature at the studio was completely different than at the wedding and the dinner because she was all business on those days. It's a compliment to how seriously she takes her job - she was the complete pro. Our pictures were just fantastic! We were very impressed with her editing and cleanup of each picture - there are no shots of guests dripping in sweat, no shots of closed eyes, and no shots of me sobbing to the altar. She never got in the way, she never tripped over people - it was like she wasn't even in the room. Our only regret was not hiring her to be at our engagement party - it never occurred to us to have a photographer there. I would recommend to other brides to have the photographer at *all wedding-related events*. That way you will have a record of the entire process.

Reviewed on 12/09/2010 Abbi S

I cannot say enough good things about Stacy and her work. She did our engagement photos, my bridal portraits, and shot our wedding at Laguna Gloria in Austin. She is amazingly talented and so easy to work with. Photography was a top priority for us, and we are so thankful we... Read More went with Stacy. Our only problem now is choosing which ones to frame because we want them all! I feel completely confident in saying that you cannot go wrong with SMS Photography.

Incredible talent

Reviewed on 12/08/2010 Carrie P

My husband and I were married in August. One of our top priorities was finding a good photographer. Stacy came highly recommend by more than one couple. She did not disappoint. She is professional and great to work with. Starting with our engagement session, we immediately felt... Read More comfortable with Stacy. This allowed her to get very natural photos of us. Stacy has a great talent for capturing special moments. Our wedding day photos really tell our story. We couldn't be more happy with her work and have recommended her to every engaged couple we know. If you need more proof, go to her website. Her photos speak for themselves.

Stunning! Amazing! Wow!

Reviewed on 11/30/2010 Caroline B

When I was trying to decide upon a wedding venue in Austin, I checked out several photographer's blogs to get ideas on where other couples got married in the area. I stumbled onto Stacy's blog and was wowed by her talent. Her pictures are remarkable and tell the wedding story... Read More so beautifully! Since I knew we weren't going to have a videographer at our wedding, it was a top priority of mine to have quality photos that captured all the sweet and special moments of our wedding. I had really high expectations for Stacy, and she did not disappoint! Our wedding photos are exceptional and we have received so many compliments. In addition to our wedding, Stacy also did our engagement and my bridal portraits. The bridal portrait session was a blast! Stacy was an excellent director (I have no idea what poses look good?!), and the results were fantastic. I must thank Stacy for the most incredibly gorgeous shots and for capturing the best moments of our wedding! THANK YOU STACY! Caroline Mermis

Amazing Photographer!!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 11/25/2010 Jocelyn H

My husband and I were married this October and had the amazing Stacy Sodolak photograph our wedding. She was FABULOUS! She joined us at our hotel while the bridesmaids and myself were getting ready and got some really unique pictures that made us look like we were in Vogue! She... Read More was with us the entire wedding and she was so easy to smile for!!! Super easy going but really got every picture I asked her for and made them look like we were in a wedding spread in Martha Stewart Weddings. Our family pictures turned out super great, pictures of the event will help us remember that all that planning was worth it.. Her style is so unique but also classic. She can make your pictures look romantic, classic, bohemian...YOU NAME IT. If you are looking for a photographer that is super cool, very professional, very flexible (despite how busy she was she was able to get us our picture asap!) very creative, and really has an for capturing those special shots that you will appreicate for a lifetime, go with SMS Photograph. Stacy cheers to you!-Jocelyn and Michael

~**Dream Come True**~

Reviewed on 11/24/2010 Blair H

When I began to think about what I wanted in a wedding photographer, I made a list..... .... someone who understands my vision, creative, love for both traditional and more modern photos, attention to every small but special detail, can find the beauty in anything, passion for... Read More photography (especially wedding photography) and someone who really understands how much wedding photos mean to the bride and groom (because let's face it, pictures are all the wonderful memories from your wedding captured to share for years to come).... Stacy (SMS Photography) met all of these expectations and then some. I was happy to the point of tears when I saw how beautiful every single picture was!!! People still give me compliments. I could not have asked for a better photographer to capture images from one of the most important and happiest days of my life. I would recommend SMS Photography to anyone. Thanks so much Stacy! Blair Huddleston

The very BEST!!

Reviewed on 11/22/2010 Laura S

Stacy and her assistant photographed my Fredericksburg, TX wedding in April 2010. They did a wonderful job! They are both very sweet and extremly professional. We would recommend SMS photography to anyone, anytime. We absolutely love all of our photos! Thanks Stacy!

Absolute Focus!

Reviewed on 11/18/2010 ANGELA s

My wedding was Nov 2009 @ the Driskill Hotel in Austin. Stacy and her assistant showed up early to take pics of wedding party getting ready. She made me feel like the most important person in the world. She made everyone feel so comfortable. Especially as we were doing... Read More portraits on a Saturday night on 6th street with loads of people watching us. Its not easy to look natural when all eyes are on you but she was PROFESSIONAL AND FOCUSED. SMS Photography came prepared, knew what to do and worked great with other vendors. Oh and yes handled the Mother of the Bride whom wanted last minute pics of everyone. SMS Photography has the Austin vibe down... The final product was amazingly beautiful and helps pass down memories to my children. Thank you!

Picture Perfect!!

Reviewed on 11/18/2010 alyson m

Stacy was the perfect pick for my Wildflower Center wedding in February 2010. I was definitely more of a camera shy bride looking for direction. She is creative, patient and professional - making every picture look effortless. She captured every special moment of our wedding... Read More day and then some! I couldn't be more pleased.

An Absolute All-Star Vendor!

Reviewed on 11/18/2010 Kate H

Stacy shot our wedding as well as bridal and engagement portraits for our Austin wedding in March of 2009. She is an absolute joy to work with - her bubbly, easy-going personality puts even the most camera-shy (a la my husband!) at ease and her photography is simply stunning! I... Read More loved our end results so much that I think I went a tad overboard... it's possible our house resembles a shrine to our wedding day :) If you are looking for a photographer with a strong photo-journalistic style who also happens to be a gal with whom you'd love to be friends, Stacy is a perfect fit for you!