Exceptional quality and fun photojournalism

At Sokolov Photography, we capture the most intimate, fun and interesting moments of your wedding day. Combining your wedding vision with our experience and photojournalistic skills, will leave you with images you can treasure for a lifetime.

Bridal Portraits, Engagement, Trash The Dress

Online Proofing, Digital Files, Wedding Albums, Second Shooter Available

Alexandria, VA Serving MD,DC,VA, NYC (202) 643-5668
PINTEREST

Best Photographer I've Ever Worked With

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Julie N

Serge photographed my wedding and reception in June of 2015, and I can honestly say his kind manner, personality and overall professionalism was fantastic. We asked him to join us for a two day event - a courthouse Friday wedding followed by a Saturday night reception, and he... Read More was amazing to work with. His photos were also amazing. I would work with Serge again for any event in the future!

No one else like them!

Reviewed on 12/29/2014 Katie H

Outstanding service all around! This review is well overdue and if you are looking for a photographer you should absolutely go to the Sokolov team. Serge and Kate are both so sweet and take a lot of time perfecting not only the photos but their relationship with you. My husband... Read More and I used their services back in Maryland in 2013 for our engagement and wedding photos. Engagement sessions can always be awkward because most people aren't 100% confident taking pictures, Serge made sure to make us feel at ease before we even got to the picture site. The photo quality is amazing and Kate does a wonderful job editing. The day of the wedding the team was efficient and creative with photo taking and making sure to get everyone included. All in all, you need to try these guys out. I am constantly complimented on our gorgeous photos and we owe it all to the Sokolov team!

Amazing to work with!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Hira C

It's a few months after my wedding and so I have a lot more perspecitve now than I did during the planning process-- especially in regards to what is most important and what things one can go without. The images you have from that day are, by far, one of the most important... Read More investments you'll make during this whole crazy, expensive process. I am so happy I went with Sokolov. Serge is AMAZING to work with, super nice and dedicated to his craft. He will go out of his way and give 110% every time he interacts with you. The images from our wedding were stunning. He even went back, on request, to photoshop my mother's makeup in all the pictures because the makeup artists made her look like a ghost--- he did an amazing job and really saved the day! On your wedding day, you're going to be so excited to see all of your friends and family, the last thing you're going to do is be away from them posing for pictures (or at least your husband will complain) but Serge will make it super painless, efficient and the results are amazing. He was so sweet on our wedding day and was able to painlessly capture all the important moments without getting in the way or taking us away from the party for too long. He's a true professional. Even my guests commented on his professionalism, awesome personality and great attitude. The other thing-- that's so surprising-- is that he is very affordable!! I was a little hesitant and thought about going with a more expensive photographer-- wrongfully thinking more expensive may correlate to better-- but after our engagement shoot, I was so pleasently surprised and stuck with Serge-- and am so glad I did. He also spent almost 3 hours with us on that hot day and kept a great attitude throughout, encouraging my then-fiance to keep smiling for the camera. I can continue to rave about Serge and all his talent and hard work, but the proof is in the finished product. I highly recommend Sokolov Photography

Reviewed on 9/24/2016 Jessica R

Wow, its hard to even know how to put this in words! Serge was the most amazing photographer we could have ever asked for. We watched Serge take photos at a friend's wedding and knew he had to be our photographer once we saw the way he had fun interacting with everyone and the... Read More beautiful photos he took! He took both our engagement photos and our wedding photos, all the way from getting ready at 3 PM to post reception photos at 11 PM. I don't even know if he stopped to eat, he was non stop! He even brought an assistant to take photos of my husband and his groomsmen getting ready so that he could take photos of myself and my bridesmaids before the ceremony. He has such a creative eye, and can think on the spot of how to capture a beautiful photo! He is also so fun, and my bridal party really enjoyed taking pictures with him! I absolutely loved our engagement photos and wedding photos! We have received so many compliments already! Serge is the absolute best!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Kevin G

Serge was truly awesome to work with. I never thought I would say this, but he actually made taking pictures enjoyable. He was extremely laid back and kept us laughing the whole time; he was a big hit with the wedding party, the parents, and all of the other guests.. And of... Read More course, the important part is that the pictures turned out fantastic. During the big day, everything is a blur and it's hard to appreciate those little special moments. My wife and I were extremely happy with how Serge and his team caught all of those moments that we can now appreciate for a lifetime.

Reviewed on 11/02/2015 Marissa D

My husband and I worked with Serge for our small wedding and he was absolutely amazing to work with! He was incredibly accommodating for our ceremony and our reception. It was a misty day on our wedding day but he made it work! All the pictures he took came out stunning misty... Read More rain or not. My husband and I appreciate all his work and have many of our wedding pictures framed in the house. I would definitely recommend Sokolov Photography for any wedding event and/or for any moments you want captured beautifully.

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Kamlesh A

If you want to truly cherish and relive every moment of you wedding after this once in a lifetime event has passed, Sokolov Photography is worth EVERY dime. Serge has an innate ability to make his clients feel at ease in front of a camera. My now husband and I were never ones... Read More to pose comfortably in front of a camera but Serge's positive vibe and sense of humor really helped bring out our personalities in the pictures. He takes the time to get to know the personality of the couple and brings it out in photos. His method of photography is creative and he takes ANY environment and transforms it into a beautiful work of art through his skill and use of various techniques. On our wedding day, he and his assistant were prompt and snapped pictures literally every second. It was evident that he and his assistant took their jobs seriously and made our pictures a priority as if it were their family's wedding. During our reception, Serge and his assistant were moving about the room capturing candid moments of each of our guests and us. They were up on chairs, squatting, bending ( you name it) just to get the perfect photograph!! The turnaround time to receive our engagement photos as well as wedding photos was quick. He sent it to us via a link and we also received a USB of our photos. The pictures were gorgeous and we will cherish them forever! Thank you Serge and Alex for capturing our precious day.

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Sarah W

My fiancé and I had an overall great experience with Serge and Sokolov Photography. From what I understand this is a family business ran by Serge and his wife. From the very beginning Serge was great about getting back to us in a timely manner and answering all of our questions.... Read More We used Serge as the photographer for our engagement photos and we took them around the Jefferson Memorial. He seemed well prepared for the shoot knowing various spots to take picture to have the best views and the fewest people. We accidentally forgot one of our outfits for the shoot and Serge was kind enough to let us run home to grab them which showed me that he understands how important these types of photos can be to couples. It took him about two weeks to get our photos back to us and they look great! Overall, a great experience and he is reasonably priced for the DC area!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Suzie S

We loved working with the Sokolovs. The whole process was easy and fun, which is not always the case with weddings. Serge shot our engagement and wedding photos. We were thrilled about our photos for both. We highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Amanda M

Serge did a fantastic job for a complicated wedding! He was extremely thorough and did a lot of information gathering prior to the wedding (skype calls, since I wasn't local) as well as getting details of all of our family members! I was very impressed. I initially chose Sokolov... Read More because of the technical quality of his work. He is bar none the best photographer in this price range, and his quality exceeds almost any photographer in the DC area, no matter their asking price. If you want tons of beautiful, technically correct, and award winning quality shots, go with Serge! He shot all day for us and we had almost 1800 wonderful shots!

Reviewed on 10/22/2015

Serge did a fabulous job with our wedding photography. He was great directing the photographs and really made everyone feel relaxed in front of the camera. The whole bridal party loved him and all of our friends and families personalities really showed through in the... Read More photographs! He went above and beyond our expectations and the pictures turned out stunning. Our venue required all vendors to be pre-approved. Serge handled all of the paperwork to get approved in a timely manner. He also worked with us to create a package that would stay within our budget

Reviewed on 10/22/2015

Sokolov Photography is the best! We had such a great time with Serge during our engagement session and of course our wedding! The husband and I are both awkward photo-subjects, but Serge instantly made us feel comfortable the moment we met him for our engagement shoot. Within... Read More seconds we were laughing, and he really helped to capture great photos of us! Serge definitely has an eye for artistic pictures, and isn't afraid to tell you to adjust for poses (e.g., he would always mention if a hair was in my face or if I should move my foot over a certain way). The day of our actual wedding, Serge and his second photographer stayed with us for 14+ hours! Not only was he very professional (and never once complained), but he was goofy and certainly knew how to pump up the bridal party. Our entire bridal party loved him. We got our pictures about 6 weeks after, and they turned out great!! Overall, Serge knows how to make you feel comfortable when taking pictures, and makes it such a fun experience! We love his work and definitely recommend!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Jami S

My husband and I had a great experience w/ Serge! He is extremely talented and very easy to work with. He took his time taking our engagement pics and when it came time for the wedding, he and his team member were there for every moment, capturing it all! All of our guests... Read More commented on how our photographer didn't miss anything! We highly recommend Serge Sokolov and his team!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Sana'a M

We really loved working with Serge! We had a specific vision for our shoots and he was able to capture exactly what we wanted. Our photos are timeless and often catch ourselves thinking how fortunate we were to have a great photographer. We couldn't have asked for higher... Read More quality photos. As an added advantage, Serge is great to work with, very flexible and easy going. I highly recommend Sokolov Photography to anyone!

Reviewed on 8/06/2015 Sapan P

Serge is really affable and works well with even the most reserved people. He put my parents at ease (they are very reserved so that is quite a feat), kept all the men entertained while the women got dressed, kept the mood light, was full of energy and really went above and... Read More beyond our expectations. Our pictures are AMAZING!!! He went with us to multiple venues, did not put any time constraints and put our comfort above all else. Capturing the correct moments in a traditional Indian wedding is tough but he did a perfect job. He takes gorgeous pictures and the editing is always spot on. He even worked with us on pricing we could afford. His work has given us lovely memories for the rest of our lives.

Reviewed on 7/20/2015 Emily B

Wow. Serge is so unbelievably talented. It has been a few months since our wedding, and we have gotten nothing but wonderful compliments about our pictures. I'm telling you... our guests are still raving about Serge and his team!! Serge was such a professional, but so... Read More friendly and calm, it really made the engagement session and the bridal portraits fun and relaxed. We also had a couple of hiccups during the ceremony, and my husband and I, who had planned everything ourselves, forgot to exchange rings. We ended up exchanging during the reception, and Serge totally rolled with the punches, and still ended up getting the PERFECT pictures of the exchange. Also, some of our guests came to our ceremony from China. It was very important to us to get pictures with the extended family, and the family portraits he took during the cocktail hour were exceptional. I really can't say enough good things. You will love and cherish your wedding pictures forever if you have Serge!!! :)

Reviewed on 6/25/2015

My husband and I cannot rave enough about Serge and his incredible team. We were the first of all of our friends to get married, and as such didn't know where to begin when searching for vendors. For us, the photographer was the most important vendor because the pictures are... Read More what we will have forever. We thoroughly researched photographers in the Norther Va area and Sokolov photography by far had the most to offer. The quality of Serge's pictures is unrivaled. He's a true artist! Additionally, it is uncanny how comfortable he made us feel! My husband in particular is not a fan of having his picture taken, and yet Serge and his team made it a fun experience for everyone. He's an absolute professional as well as a great friend. We are looking forward to staying in contact for a long time! Looking back on all of the wedding planning, there's no doubt that hiring Serge and his team was the best decision that we made! As all of our friends begin to get married we will definitely be recommending Sokolov Photography!

Reviewed on 6/22/2015 Jessica A

My husband and I had the best experience you can possibly have with Serge and his team!!! Not only did we love how wonderful they were but so many of our guests loved how personable, easy-going, friendly and kind they were and wanted their contact information for not only... Read More weddings but other future events like anniversaries, family photos, baby photos, etc. Serge's demeanor keeps you calm and comfortable no matter what is going on around you. He will go out of his way for you because he really is focused on pleasing you and giving you his best. We looked at several photographers in the DC, MD & VA area but Serge and his team were so reasonable and had such high quality work with such creative and unique ideas!!! Our engagement photos and wedding photos were everything we could hoped for and much more!!! If we need anymore photos in the future we will definitely give them a call. Thank you so much Serge and the rest of the Sokolov Photography Team!!!

Wonderful Experience with Sokolov Photography

Reviewed on 10/22/2014 Amanda R

I could have asked for a better experience with a wedding photographer! The pictures were amazing! We purchased the top package and had two photographers with us for the entire day from prepping before the wedding, through the ceremony and reception . They captured every moment... Read More beautifully! We also received a DVD with all of the images so we have unlimited access to all of our wedding photos, which is a huge benefit. Also, both of our photographers were very professional and enjoyable to work with and We had so much fun throughout the process.

Best photographer

Reviewed on 10/21/2014

We wanted a professional photographer for our engagement party. I found Sokolov Photography's portfolio online and I instantly loved the photo styles so I booked it. Our party wasn't that big and we weren't sure if hiring a photographer would be a great idea since we didn't... Read More want to spend that much on the party. But I have to tell you that it was worth every penny of it. I got a good vibe from Serge on the phone when I wanted to set the time and plan for the day. He was punctual and even more than that. Before our party starts, we decided to go to a lake and take some shots. He showed up in our appointment 30 minutes earlier so he can evaluate the area. After we got there he started shooting photos. He was so professional and guided us to make good gestures. He was constantly taking photos of every steps we took. He created a relaxed shooting experience for us before the party started. After about an hour or so we went to the location of our party. Before we entered he'd taken lots of photos from our guests. A good thing about him was that he didn't interrupt us and our party to take good photos. He was all over the place taking pictures and at the same time he was invisible and that was my favorite thing about him. We were supposed to get a DVD including all the photos. After about one month we received an email with a link to web page with a password that our photos where there and the day after that we got the DVD with a nice case which one of our best photos was on it in our mailbox. Photos were nice and we were completely satisfied.

absolutely fantastic!!

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Dena B

We got married this past weekend and used this photographer for our engagement pictures (comes with the bundle) as well as the wedding day. They made us feel so comfortable, we had such a good time with them, they were always right there whenever I turned around on the wedding... Read More day, and they were flexible with payments. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND them to anyone not sure of what to look for in a photographer. They are so good at what they do you don't need to know anything. They take the time to get to know you personally and read how your feeling. They have you make little adjustments during pictures to make sure you look the best you can. I am so so so happy they were our photographers and can't wait to see all the pictures! :)

Amazing

Reviewed on 10/09/2014 Kristen D

Sokolov Photgraphy was just amazing. We utilized them for both our engagement photos and on our wedding day. Serge was incredible right out of the gate - neither my husband nor I love having our picture taken, but he put us right at ease and helped us to feel comfortable... Read More during our engagement shoot and also on our wedding day. Serge and Kate really went above and beyond to ensure our photos were top notch. Our ceremony took place in a black box theater (basically, an all black room) - Serge took the extra time to work with the lighting director at our venue to ensure he would be prepared and able to take amazing shots. The quality of our photos is outstanding. Serge has quite an eye for taking creative and beautiful shots - as a result, we have truly unique and beautiful photos. We opted not to hire a videographer for our wedding and could not be happier with our decision - Serge was able to capture the story of the day completely with photos. Overall, I can't imagine finding a photographer who offers as much value as Sokolov Photography. I recommend them to any couple!

Sokolov Photography- truly amazing!

Reviewed on 2/04/2014 Meghan B

Serge and Kate are an absolutely amazing team to work with. From the engagement session to familiarize us with working with a photographer, to the post production, to the actual big day- everything was completely professional, yet comfortable. Serge is great with putting you at... Read More ease, and has great ideas for pictures. Kate's production capabilities are phenomenal as well! We knew right away when meeting Serge that he would be perfect for the big day- after all, the pictures are what you'll be looking at for years to come! I could not recommend Sokolov Photography any higher, and am incredibly happy with our choice.

Amazing Photography Team!

Reviewed on 12/12/2013 Erin R

I cannot say enough good things about Serge, Kate, and the entire Sokolov team. They did both our engagement and wedding photos for a very reasonable price (especially compared to other photographers in the DC region). We met with them well in advance to determine our needs... Read More for our wedding day and they walked us through our options and the entire process. They were very responsive to all email inquiries and were so accommodating even when we had to reschedule our engagement shoot four times. Serge is also hilarious and can make anyone laugh and feel at ease, which is a huge plus. Everyone looks so happy/carefree in our photos. He was even a pro at handling our two young pit bull mixes and incorporated them into our engagement and wedding photos. He and Kate do amazing retouching as well. One of the major perks of this team is that they will give you a DVD of ALL your retouched photos (we literally received hundreds) that you are allowed to post/print/send anywhere. They also do album designing and printing. The layouts they put together for us were so creative and vibrant, a far cry from our parents' pastel albums from the 80s. They are a pro team that are so fun and personable that it's like working with old friends. I highly recommend them to all brides!

Simply the Best!

Reviewed on 11/25/2013 One T

After going to Wedding show after Wedding Show and getting engagement photos with a well known photographer to lets just say was very mediocre we found Sokolov Photography and instantly knew on the spot that Serge and company was the perfect fit. From the engagement shoot to... Read More the day of Sokolov Photography sets the tone for high class photography in the area. The quality and professionalism of Sokolov Photography is second to none. If you look at the photos that Sokolov Photography generates versus other photographers you can clearly see the difference. The photo quality is a cut above the rest. The photos are stunning and I can attest you will not be disappointed. If Sokolov Photography is not the premier Photographer in the D.C. area yet its only a matter of time until the word gets out. His product,quality and reputation speaks for itself.