Is this your business? claim it now

Solvang Bakery

Solvang, CA

Cake Tastings, Cakes + Desserts

438 Alisal Road, Solvang, CA

Grooms cake

Reviewed on 12/07/2013 Angela H

I got a very fair quote for my grooms cake, probably because I didn't mention it was for a wedding. The cake was delicious but they added extra decorative frosting to cover where the printed picture and the cake connected. It was a shock to see and I was not warned that they were going to do it. It ended up fine but I would have preferred a a heads up or another option presented.

Awesome cake, got raves reviews from guests

Reviewed on 6/16/2013 Galadriel S

We were doing a destination wedding and waited until the week of to set up tasting and decide on the cake. So glad we decided to have one! The Solvang Bakery worked with us, had us try multiple different combinations and then had even more samples the following day. Their prices were totally reasonable (unlike some of the other bakeries in the area that charged a premium for wedding cakes) and they delivered it and had it decorated to our exact specifications. For only $20 extra they delivered and set up the cake and I never had to think about it once. Best thing, it was awesome tasting. Light, fruity, delicate and people are still talking about the cake two months after the wedding.

Amazing Cake!

Reviewed on 9/24/2012 Katie D

I wanted to have fresh cherries in my cake, and did they deliver! It was filled with them! And completely fresh!!! They also were able to create the most beautiful sugar flowers for our cake that made it just stunning! Their butter cream is delicious too. We also had custom cookies created as favors that were delicious and mini popcorn bags delivered to our guests throughout the night. Anything we asked them to do, they exceeded expectations.

Best CAKE ever!

Reviewed on 11/01/2011 Stephanie I

My husband and I went for our cake tasting...when the five LARGE slices came out we were in love and then when the cake melted in our mouth it was all we could do not to finish all 5 slices. Everyone at the wedding commented that it was the best wedding cake they had ever had! Plus it was just beautiful and delicate as I had hoped.

Best Cake Ever!

Reviewed on 10/09/2011 rebecca g

I am gluten free and Solvang Bakery took on the challenge to make me my dream wedding cake, gluten free, and no one would know the difference. Boy did they deliver. This was the best wedding cake I had every tasted, and most of our guests said the same thing. Solvang Bakery made up about 10 different gluten free cakes for us to taste and we settled on a chocolate ganache covered layered dream. Not only was their cake amazing, they were so willing to help me, and so great to work with.

our cake

Reviewed on 6/05/2011 Taylor M

Great looking and tasting cake!

Most amazing chocolate cake ever!

Reviewed on 10/21/2010 carolyn u

Melissa at the Solvang Bakery was a joy to work with, and the cakes that she had us taste were top knotch! We settled on a the triple chocolate fudge brownie cake with ganache, and it was truly the best cake we've ever tasted - my wedding guests raved about it, and i can't wait for my one year anniversary to get the rest out of the freezer! The Bakery also made custom cookies for favors, and even used my mom's family recipe to keep it "authentic" and perfect for us!

Rating for Solvang Bakery