Have the Wedding of Your Dreams

Something 2 Dance 2 is dedicated to creating your Wedding in your Vision. Our team of Wedding DJs will assist you with creative and personalized Wedding ideas that will ensure you have an unforgettable Wedding. Give us a call today!

Classical, Country, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Latin

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Sound Equipment, Music, Equipment

Bow2008 09
Bow2007

630 Morse Avenue, Schaumburg, IL (847) 841-8751
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Parker S

My wife and I were fortunate enough to work with Marc from S2D2 for our wedding at Brookfield Zoo. We both think that Marc, and everyone at S2D2 were some of the best, and easiest vendors we worked with throughout our wedding planning and day! Meeting Marc at the offices and... Read More getting to know him, and having him get to know us, helped put us at ease, and get us excited for the day. It seemed evident that S2D2 really does put in thought about which DJ will be the best fit for your personalities and wedding expectations. It's not just something they say, so take the surveys they ask you to fill out seriously! In the week leading up to the big day, my wife wanted to switch out our entrance song, along with do a few changes to intros, names, etc. Marc was immediately responsive to her changes to let her know they were received and noted. The day of the event Marc went out of his way to check-in with us, make sure we were feeling good, and coordinated directly with our photographers and staff so that everything was ready to go and we didn't have to worry about a thing! Marc also made sure to check-in with each of us independently to see if there were any songs that may not have been our "must play" list but that we, or guests, had asked about or wanted to hear. I think it speaks for itself that we had several engaged guests come up to us during and after the event specifically asking who our DJ was, because they did such a great job and we had people dancing the entire night! TL;DR -- Marc and S2D2 are AMAZING! I can't give them enough stars, and we had several of our engaged guests ask for their info and are now using them for their weddings!!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Marissa R

Something 2 Dance 2 is one of the best entertaining DJ companies out there and really made our wedding night something to remember! We still have friends and family talking about how amazing our DJ was. Let’s just say the dance floor never stood a chance. Ron Fielder was a... Read More perfect match for the Rosner wedding, from our first meeting to the last song played he showed compassion, professionalism, drive and love for what he does. He made an endless effort to get to know us individually and as a couple, making it his goal to make sure everything went perfect on 09.09. I would recommend Ron and S2D2 to any of our family and friends. You will not be disappointed or let down. They will definitely make your wedding night something special. Thank you again Ron for everything!

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Kevin D

Larry crushed it! Something 2 Dance 2 was great to work with from start to finish. From first meeting, Tamara was organized and detail oriented. The online portal was very thorough and let us add songs over the months leading to the wedding. Tamara was quick to respond to... Read More emails the entire time. Larry was our DJ and met with us prior to the wedding to review our song choices, make recommendations, and get to know us. He was professional and fun. Day of wedding could not have been smoother. Larry was there very early to get set up. He took care of all the microphones and made sure we were comfortable with placement. During our initial meeting, Larry encouraged us to trust him and let him read the room and react. This was awesome. During our table rounds, Larry approached us to let us know that people were getting antsy and updated us on timeline. We really appreciated that. Larry made it fun for everyone and kept people on the dance floor all night. He even noticed bridesmaids had tied their dresses together and encouraged an impromptu limbo circle on dance floor that we loved. Several guests commented that he was best wedding DJ they had ever experienced and we agree!

Reviewed on 11/16/2017 Celina G

Mark was absolutely amazing from start to finish! My husband and I were so indecisive regarding music selection and really did not give Mark much to work with. He was able to get 100% of the wedding guests on the dance floor and keep them there! He had just the perfect music... Read More selection that appealed to every guest in attendance. I truly would recommend Mark and the entire Some 2Dance 2 staff to anyone who is looking for a dj or entertainment group for any function!

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 Deborah L

If I could add another star or two I would... They were fabulous. A friend suggested we look into S2D2 for our wedding after using them for his wedding a couple of years ago and boy, was that one of the best suggestions ever! From start to finish, S2D2 were fabulous in making... Read More sure all bases were covered leading up to the big event! Meeting with Tamara the first time really made us feel like we were in the best of hands. She walked us through all of the (super helpful!) online forms and music lists and explained how they would go about pairing us with a DJ closer to the wedding. Any questions or concerns we had were answered right away and never left us worried about anything. And then there was Larry. LARRY! He spent hours with us at our first meeting clarifying all information we included in our forms, anything we left out, anything we really weren't sure about. He helped us set a timeline for the evening and helped finalize a song list that would really keep the dance floor full all night. Man, did he do just that. Our wedding fell on what was probably the worst rainy day of the year, and Larry really helped keep us (me, specifically!) keep everything rolling calm and smooth. He did a wonderful job coordinating with the venue staff, photographers, etc in making sure we stuck to our timeline and kept things moving, without us having to worry about a thing. The dance floor was going ALL NIGHT right up until the last epic "Piano Man" moment. We couldn't have asked for a better evening! If you're looking for a company who really, really cares to make your event a memorable one, go with the team at S2D2. You will NOT regret it!

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 Wendy D

Look no further for an excellent experience from start to finish! We knew after we had our initial meeting with Tamara that we would be well taken care of and we were not wrong. They take time to get to know the couple so the DJ that is matched up is a good fit. Our DJ, Ron,... Read More was excellent and ensured that the day ran smoothly and that the dance floor was packed! He was focused on our needs and vision of the day and took care of details we didn't even think of...we couldn't have been happier with our experience. Book them, you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 Kailee G

I cannot say enough great things about S2D2, and specifically about our DJ- Ron. We first met Ron at my sister and brother in laws wedding in Oct. 2015. Toward the end of their wedding night he handed me his business card and said he thought I might be needing a DJ soon, about... Read More three months later my husband and I got engaged! It was a no brainer for Michael and I when it came time to pick a DJ. We were hoping and praying that Ron would be available on our wedding day. Luckily for us, he was! He is so wonderful at his job, and you can tell he genuinely cares about his clients. My family loved having a familiar face at our wedding, and I can guarantee that when my youngest sister is getting married someday she will want Ron there too!

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Francesca P

Do NOT look any further! This company is superb! Larry was so amazing! He kept everyone dancing, and he really cared about making our day perfect! Tamara is a peach. She is quick to respond to emails, and she is always pleasant! If you want a fantastic time and party,... Read More something2dance2 is will certainly deliver.

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Rich B

Ron Fielder was a perfect hire for our wedding! We could not have asked for a better experience from the first meeting with S2D2 to the night of our wedding when we got extra time because our guests were enjoying themselves too much for the night to stop. We both have difficult... Read More to pronounce names and meeting with Ron a few weeks beforehand ensured that everything would go as smooth as possible. He worked with our vendors and helped make our day truly special. S2D2 will be recommended to all our friends who will be getting married and we hope to see Ron again soon!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Brian A

Go with S2D2! They were in one word: Professional. They are reliable and able to put on the whole production of your wedding without you having to worry one bit. I would highly recommend this company!!

Reviewed on 10/07/2017 Amanda F

Marc was the DJ at our September 2017 wedding, and we couldn't have been more impressed! He did an amazing job keeping the party going the whole night and the dance floor was never empty. We even asked him to incorporate some Polish songs we provided, and he worked them in as if... Read More they were songs he used all the time. We received a ton of compliments from our guest and will definitely recommend him and Something 2 Dance 2 to all our friends!

Reviewed on 9/30/2017 Katherine C

My husband and I loved working with S2D2! We had the pleasure of Mark as the DJ for our wedding. He was wonderful in keeping everyone on the dance floor and playing music all ages could enjoy! He was fun and kept everyone entertained. He worked with my father on a surprise and... Read More small inside joke that Dad and I share before the father/daughter dance. It was perfect and a moment I will cherish forever. Mark and Tamara were both great and made eveything so easy!

Reviewed on 9/03/2017 Claire A

We used Something 2Dance 2 for our wedding and we were so impressed with them! Tamara was so helpful and friendly at our first meeting and so helpful and responsive all the way throughout the wedding planning process! We were assigned Ron for our wedding and he was fantastic!!!... Read More He covered all of the details we went over and more! He had great ideas during the planning process and was super friendly and helped make our day run so smoothly! The attention to detail from this whole company is so impressive!

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Kohler C

If you want your dance floor full at all times, or your wedding venue packed with guests until the very last minute, then hire Something2Dance2! Music was the most important thing to us for our reception. I've been to so many weddings where the music was bad, no one was... Read More dancing, and most guests left before the wedding was even close to being over. A good DJ makes a huge impact! When we got engaged, we went to a wedding that hired Something2Dance2. I should add that we only knew the bride and groom, so we weren't expecting to stay very long after dinner. However, the music was absolutely great and we ended up dancing all night long! We immediately hired Something2Dance2 for our wedding. Our DJ was Jay. He and his wife, Tamara, (owners) are so nice. They really take the time to get to know their couples. They both take an interest in knowing exactly what you want for your special day, and they are there to make it a reality. Jay was awesome as our DJ! He played a ton of great songs, and just as we wanted most of our guests stayed and danced until the very last second. It's one thing I will never forget! Most of our compliments are about the music, and how much fun they had dancing all night. Something2Dance2 is the best DJ company I've witnessed in a long long time.

Reviewed on 8/09/2017 Brooke S

We got married on August 5th at the Starline Factory in Harvard. Marc was an absolute perfect fit for us. He kept the day running smoothly and stress free from beginning to end. We didn't have anything to worry about with our timeline and what we wanted to include. He was a... Read More complete professional while also making everyone feel comfortable and included. Our guests were on the dance floor all night and he had a great feel for what people wanted to hear. We've received so many compliments about the music and our party atmosphere, and we've had friends already ask us who our DJ was so they could refer him to friends who are getting married. Thank you SO much Marc and Something2Dance2 :)

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Margaret A

My husband and I had the privilege of working with Tamara Sims and Mark Mallet (DJ) for our wedding reception. We were sold on S2D2 after our first visit and could not have been more happy with Mark's day of work. He played the best music and kept us on the dance floor all... Read More night! All of our guests were extremely pleased with his work!! Thanks for making our special day that much more special!!!

Reviewed on 7/28/2017 William B

We had a great experience working with Marc and Tamara for our wedding. Our DJ Marc Simmons did an outstanding job planning and emceeing our reception and was able to change things on the fly as they came up. His music selections were spot on and kept people on the dance floor... Read More all night. Highly recommend working with Something2Dance2.

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Michelle T

My husband and I had the pleasure of working with Ron Fiedler and Tamara Sims from Something 2 Dance 2 for our July wedding at Brookfield Zoo. They are both extremely professional, knowledgeable, and GENUINELY caring people. We signed with S2D2 the day we met with Tamara. We... Read More decided to stop pursuing any other DJ services then and there. In the following weeks and months, all questions, phone calls, and emails were addressed within hours (even on the weekends). She was SO great to work with, and we were very confident with her from the start. We met with our DJ/MC, Ron Fiedler, a few weeks before the wedding. He walked us through an outline of an agenda of the night, and he included great details and ideas, many of which we wouldn’t have thought of ourselves. He was exceptionally professional and helpful. In the days leading up to the wedding, we were in contact quite regularly, and Ron always responded to emails the same day answering questions, and even providing additional tips along the way. The attention to detail in his work was amazing. At the wedding, ALL of our DJ/MC wants and needs were met. Ron is truly talented in keeping the guests entertained and engaged throughout the night. He played everything on our request list, and incorporated the perfect mix of music and entertainment that kept our guests on the dance floor from the start to end. He also incorporated more than one game, and help me pull off a fun prank to my husband during the garter toss. We received so many compliments on Ron’s services. I highly, highly recommend Ron, Tamara, and Something 2 Dance 2!

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Amanda S

We loved working with Mark and Something2Dance2. From day one it was a breeze working with this group. We first met with Tamara at their office and new right away they would be a great fit for our wedding. Their website has a great planning tool. It walks you through every part... Read More of the ceremony and reception and asks questions we never would have thought of on our own. It is easy to use and really helped form how we were plotting out the big day. When we met with Mark for the first time it was nice and easy to walk through the plans for the day since we had been able to submit all of the information and timeline to him. He was fun to work with and was great about asking lots of questions to make sure that he was able to bring our vision of the day to life. We definitely had some unique requests and ideas and he was all for them! On the big day our ceremony was supposed to be outside but due to weather, got thrown inside at the very last second and Mark had basically no warning. There were a few setbacks during the ceremony because of this and the timing was off since he wasn’t prepared for the last minute change, but he adjusted pretty quickly and was able to get most of our ceremony back on track. He was absolutely wonderful making introductions throughout the night and playing music that had our relatively small group up and dancing all night! He was a lot of fun and had great energy – we had a ton of compliments on how great of a party he lead. Would definitely recommend Mark and Something2Dance2.

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Jillian D

We had the pleasure of working with Ron Fiedler through Something2Dance2 for our DJ. We sat down with him a few weeks before the wedding and he helped us go through our wedding night step by step, thinking of things that we hadn't even thought of yet. He continued to answer any... Read More and all questions I had prior to the wedding and was easy to get in touch with. Come the day of the wedding, he was on time and professional. He did a fantastic job helping lead the night along, announcing everyone's names correctly and with such energy. He was great about getting the dance floor going and kept it alive the entire night. We rarely had someone go up to request a song, he knew exactly what to play to keep everyone happy and going. He even graciously offered to stay an extra half hour at the end of the night with the permission of our venue, since our wedding was initially delayed for rain. Our wedding would not have been the same without him. I would recommend him and this company in a heartbeat! Thanks Ron!!

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Katherine F

I can’t say enough good things about work with Something2Dance2. From the beginning with Tamara and wedding prep with our DJ, Marc, they are wonderful to work with. I told Marc I wanted a dance party the entire night and it was exactly that! The dance floor was packed from 8:45... Read More to 12am! So many complements on him and how fantastic Marc was! Two months later, I am still getting comments about my wedding and the DJ. So many of friends & family never left the dance floor! If you want a dance party at your wedding - go with Something2Dance2!!!

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Kristin W

We couldn't have been happier with Something 2 Dance 2 and our DJ, Marc Simmons. We were able to meet with Marc before the wedding for our planning session. He was extremely thorough in outlining the events of the evening, and had worked with Hotel Baker before, which really... Read More helped to ensure everything ran smoothly. Marc included our music requests and kept our tastes in music in mind, but was also sure to include a selection of different music to appeal to all of our guests. The dance floor was packed the entire night and everyone had a great time.

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 A R

Marc was our DJ and he was awesome!!! They are great- you have a lengthy meeting where you discuss all the details of the big day and the DJ essentially keeps the timeline flowing. Marc got to know our taste in music and really stuck to our style and requests. He had so much... Read More energy and played awesome music!! Lots of variety, did different samplings so all our guests could enjoy!! We danced the night away!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Teresa H

We had DJ Marc for my daughters wedding this past May. He was fantastic! The music was perfect and it he dance floor was packed the entire night! So happy we went with Something 2 Dance 2! Everyone love him!!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Elizabeth T

We loved working with Something 2 Dance 2! Tamara (their office coordinator) did a great job communicating with us and listening to us, and their online planning forms helped us to customize our DJ services. We also had an in-person meeting with our DJ, Mark, about a month... Read More before the wedding, which helped all of us to get on the same page, and for him to get to know us a little bit before the wedding. On the day of, Mark did a wonderful job of MC-ing the reception, and creating a fun and celebratory atmosphere. Once we hit the dance floor, he did a great job of incorporating some of our requests, and also finding a perfect balance between dance hits and classics, which allowed all of our guests (of every age) to get on the dance floor. We are so happy that we chose Something 2 Dance 2, and are so honored to have had Mark as our DJ!

Meet The Director of Sales

Tamara Sims

Tamara Sims has been in the wedding industry for 30 years starting back in high school working as a server at a banquet hall. Here she learned all about weddings and eventually moved her way up to the sales office. In 2004, she started full time at Something 2 Dance 2 and has continued to be the first impression you will have with our company of a warm and caring soul who loves weddings. You will feel her passion and excitement as she guides you through the entire entertainment process.