Have the Wedding of Your Dreams

Something 2 Dance 2 is dedicated to creating your Wedding in your Vision. Our team of Wedding DJs will assist you with creative and personalized Wedding ideas that will ensure you have an unforgettable Wedding. Give us a call today!

Classical, Country, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Latin

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Sound Equipment, Music, Equipment

Bow2008 09
Bow2007

630 Morse Avenue, Schaumburg, IL (847) 841-8751
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Michelle T

My husband and I had the pleasure of working with Ron Fiedler and Tamara Sims from Something 2 Dance 2 for our July wedding at Brookfield Zoo. They are both extremely professional, knowledgeable, and GENUINELY caring people. We signed with S2D2 the day we met with Tamara. We... Read More decided to stop pursuing any other DJ services then and there. In the following weeks and months, all questions, phone calls, and emails were addressed within hours (even on the weekends). She was SO great to work with, and we were very confident with her from the start. We met with our DJ/MC, Ron Fiedler, a few weeks before the wedding. He walked us through an outline of an agenda of the night, and he included great details and ideas, many of which we wouldn’t have thought of ourselves. He was exceptionally professional and helpful. In the days leading up to the wedding, we were in contact quite regularly, and Ron always responded to emails the same day answering questions, and even providing additional tips along the way. The attention to detail in his work was amazing. At the wedding, ALL of our DJ/MC wants and needs were met. Ron is truly talented in keeping the guests entertained and engaged throughout the night. He played everything on our request list, and incorporated the perfect mix of music and entertainment that kept our guests on the dance floor from the start to end. He also incorporated more than one game, and help me pull off a fun prank to my husband during the garter toss. We received so many compliments on Ron’s services. I highly, highly recommend Ron, Tamara, and Something 2 Dance 2!

Reviewed on 3/24/2017 Holly S

Larry was our DJ for us wedding last Friday. He was absolutely fantastic! Super easy to work with and kept our dance floor packed all night long. The most important thing to us was that our guest had fun and Larry helped us achieve that goal. Look no further.

Reviewed on 2/19/2017 Gina R

I cannot say enough great things! From the moment we met with Tamara I knew we were in good hands. Ron was our DJ and he was simply amazing!!! From the attention to detail to the great energy he brought, he exceeded all of our expectations. He was more than a DJ/MC he kept us... Read More on time and really held the evening together. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Amanda S

We loved working with Mark and Something2Dance2. From day one it was a breeze working with this group. We first met with Tamara at their office and new right away they would be a great fit for our wedding. Their website has a great planning tool. It walks you through every part... Read More of the ceremony and reception and asks questions we never would have thought of on our own. It is easy to use and really helped form how we were plotting out the big day. When we met with Mark for the first time it was nice and easy to walk through the plans for the day since we had been able to submit all of the information and timeline to him. He was fun to work with and was great about asking lots of questions to make sure that he was able to bring our vision of the day to life. We definitely had some unique requests and ideas and he was all for them! On the big day our ceremony was supposed to be outside but due to weather, got thrown inside at the very last second and Mark had basically no warning. There were a few setbacks during the ceremony because of this and the timing was off since he wasn’t prepared for the last minute change, but he adjusted pretty quickly and was able to get most of our ceremony back on track. He was absolutely wonderful making introductions throughout the night and playing music that had our relatively small group up and dancing all night! He was a lot of fun and had great energy – we had a ton of compliments on how great of a party he lead. Would definitely recommend Mark and Something2Dance2.

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Jillian D

We had the pleasure of working with Ron Fiedler through Something2Dance2 for our DJ. We sat down with him a few weeks before the wedding and he helped us go through our wedding night step by step, thinking of things that we hadn't even thought of yet. He continued to answer any... Read More and all questions I had prior to the wedding and was easy to get in touch with. Come the day of the wedding, he was on time and professional. He did a fantastic job helping lead the night along, announcing everyone's names correctly and with such energy. He was great about getting the dance floor going and kept it alive the entire night. We rarely had someone go up to request a song, he knew exactly what to play to keep everyone happy and going. He even graciously offered to stay an extra half hour at the end of the night with the permission of our venue, since our wedding was initially delayed for rain. Our wedding would not have been the same without him. I would recommend him and this company in a heartbeat! Thanks Ron!!

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Katherine F

I can’t say enough good things about work with Something2Dance2. From the beginning with Tamara and wedding prep with our DJ, Marc, they are wonderful to work with. I told Marc I wanted a dance party the entire night and it was exactly that! The dance floor was packed from 8:45... Read More to 12am! So many complements on him and how fantastic Marc was! Two months later, I am still getting comments about my wedding and the DJ. So many of friends & family never left the dance floor! If you want a dance party at your wedding - go with Something2Dance2!!!

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Kristin W

We couldn't have been happier with Something 2 Dance 2 and our DJ, Marc Simmons. We were able to meet with Marc before the wedding for our planning session. He was extremely thorough in outlining the events of the evening, and had worked with Hotel Baker before, which really... Read More helped to ensure everything ran smoothly. Marc included our music requests and kept our tastes in music in mind, but was also sure to include a selection of different music to appeal to all of our guests. The dance floor was packed the entire night and everyone had a great time.

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 A R

Marc was our DJ and he was awesome!!! They are great- you have a lengthy meeting where you discuss all the details of the big day and the DJ essentially keeps the timeline flowing. Marc got to know our taste in music and really stuck to our style and requests. He had so much... Read More energy and played awesome music!! Lots of variety, did different samplings so all our guests could enjoy!! We danced the night away!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Teresa H

We had DJ Marc for my daughters wedding this past May. He was fantastic! The music was perfect and it he dance floor was packed the entire night! So happy we went with Something 2 Dance 2! Everyone love him!!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Elizabeth T

We loved working with Something 2 Dance 2! Tamara (their office coordinator) did a great job communicating with us and listening to us, and their online planning forms helped us to customize our DJ services. We also had an in-person meeting with our DJ, Mark, about a month... Read More before the wedding, which helped all of us to get on the same page, and for him to get to know us a little bit before the wedding. On the day of, Mark did a wonderful job of MC-ing the reception, and creating a fun and celebratory atmosphere. Once we hit the dance floor, he did a great job of incorporating some of our requests, and also finding a perfect balance between dance hits and classics, which allowed all of our guests (of every age) to get on the dance floor. We are so happy that we chose Something 2 Dance 2, and are so honored to have had Mark as our DJ!

Reviewed on 5/27/2017 Elizabeth G

My husband and I had the awesome opportunity to work with Marc Simmons for our wedding. Marc was amazing! He accommodated a late evening planning meeting for us since we were an out of town couple. During the planning sessions, he was absolutely great. He took notes, listened,... Read More and really collaborated with us wonderfully. The day of the wedding, Marc was so helpful and so on top of everything! We had our DJ provide music for both the ceremony and the reception, and he worked amazingly on both! He was always making sure the groom and I were taken care of, and he accommodated the small last minute changes that were needed (including the fire alarm randomly going off). We are so happy we chose Something 2 Dance 2 for our wedding. Marc really helped to ensure that the entire day ran smoothly and we always had what we needed. All our family and friends thought he did an amazing job! He kept people on the dance floor until the absolute last minute. My husband and I both loved working with him. We are so grateful we had him there on our day!

Reviewed on 5/17/2017 Marie Diane L

Ron!! You were awesome!! Ron Fielder was assigned as our DJ, and from the 1st meeting he was great. He was organized, easy to talk to, CARED about our wedding, LISTENED to what we wanted, gave great but not pushy advice/tips as we went over and planned the agenda, and our... Read More wedding was amazing! My husband and I love music, so it made the night. We did the 'kissing couples' game during dinner, and he made it so fun! He kept people on the dance floor, played our requested music, and did a really good job of picking the rest of the nights music based on our taste and what would keep the party going. Perfect amount and choice of slow songs. Not that it would have been a big deal if he did, but he didn't make any mistakes, did great with announcements (made sure to know how to pronounce the names, such as all the Italian last names in my wedding), was flexible if we decided to change anything through the night - example: we asked to add a couple to the 'kissing couples' game, and he's just an all-around hardworking, great guy. Leading up to the wedding, he made sure to keep in touch with us and on top of everything, which was a great relief with all the other vendors and planning we had to keep track of. His hard work shown through with the great night we had with him as our DJ! Also, he was the first DJ to play at the brand new venue in Naperville, Elements at Water Street, since we were the first big wedding there. The professionalism and care put into our wedding night by Ron, matched our beautiful venue perfectly, making it a magical night. We would absolutely hire him again! Thanks again, Ron!

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Christin W

Planning with Jay was simple and easy, we left feeling very confident. We requested to work with Marc, as he Dj'ed my sister, and my brother's wedding and we wanted to round it out :) Marc arrived to our wedding on time (if not early) and was set up with more than enough time.... Read More He was very professional and kept the night running smoothly, we had a barn wedding and thought the dance floor would be empty, but Marc had it filled all night! Thanks :)

Reviewed on 1/18/2017 Jackie H

S2D2 was an easy decision for us after a great first meeting with Tamara. She was highly organized, knowledgeable and so friendly! We discussed what we were looking for and she got to know us as a couple so that she could assign us a DJ that matched our style. S2D2 also has a... Read More great online wedding reception planning tool. About a month before our wedding we were partnered up with Marc who did an outstanding job! We had a planning meeting with him before our wedding to go over all details. His expertise and obvious love of his work made us completely comfortable. We knew we were in great hands. Thanks to Marc, our wedding reception was a blast! It was important to us that our guests have a great time on the dance floor and he made sure to keep the enthusiasm going. We had a few last minute changes at our reception and he was completely professional the whole time. He helped us flow through the reception with ease. Thanks Marc!

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Claudette M

They were wonderful to work with! Tamara was so friendly welcoming and had excellent attention to detail. From our first meeting we knew they were the company for us! The online planning website is amazing it was so helpful even has suggestions for popular songs a search tool... Read More and samples of the music to listen too. It was also very easy to use Our dj Andrew was so friendly he did a great job making everyone feel comfortable and kept the night rolling nicely!!!! We had a great planning meeting before the wedding and he was there early on our wedding day!! We also used the lighting through their sister company it was beautiful Highly recommend this company!

Reviewed on 1/02/2017 Penny K

Jay made my daughters wedding a special night we will always remember. His attention to detail was excellent, all the way down to helping to find some extra large safety pins in his "box of goodies" to help secure my daughters wedding dress train when the bustle failed. He... Read More added some special details to the reception that made it especially memorable. I have one more daughter getting married some day and JI hope Jay will be at that wedding too!

Reviewed on 12/16/2016 Melissa D

Our winter wedding celebration was very enjoyable thanks to Something 2 Dance 2's DJ, Mark Mallett! My husband and I couldn't have asked for a better DJ to create an AMAZING atmosphere for our friends and family. The night involved a medical emergency, however, Mark stepped in... Read More professionally to inform/update our guests on the overall situation and individual. After the minor setback, Mark got the celebration back on track by playing upbeats songs to keep everyone movin' and groovin' on the dance floor. Awesome job Mark! Something 2 Dance 2 provided us with an easy and stress-free planning website that allowed us to incorporate our style of music. The personal meeting with their DJ's prior to the wedding is very strategic and relaxing. We highly recommend Something 2 Dance 2 for anyone who is in need of a great DJ!

Reviewed on 12/08/2016 Becca W

Marc is hands down the best DJ there is, he played such a vital role in our reception. He was great to work with, he responds so fast to emails & really focuses on making your day perfect. We would recommend Marc over and over again!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Austin H

Our Wedding Day (and night) was better than we could have imagined, and Jay played a huge role. From our meeting with Jay several weeks before the big day, I knew Something 2 Dance 2 would exceed our expectations. Jay took time to observe our personalities so that he could... Read More tailor the night to us. The music, the kissing game, and the introductions, were personalized to fit our tastes. We received several kind comments from family members about how much fun the group had dancing. After attending several more weddings (where Jay was not the DJ) my wife and I came to realize how difficult it is to be a good wedding DJ and how important it is to personalize the experience to the crowd. Thanks again Jay and team!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Keith M

Ron did an amazing job at our wedding, the dance floor was never empty! We received so many compliments from friends and family about his DJ services. He also did a great job and keeping everything on schedule. We didn’t have a wedding coordinator so we highly relied on Ron to... Read More keep everything in order. Very professional, hard worker, great DJ! He even jumps in to help out if people didn’t know the dances. Would highly recommend Ron and Something 2 Dance 2 your upcoming wedding!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Kellie B

My now-wife and I had the great pleasure of working with Ron Fiedler in planning out our DJ requests for the wedding. Several weeks before the event we were able to sit down with Ron in a professional setting at the Something 2 Dance 2 office, and we walked through the entire... Read More day’s planning together. He was very professional and comforting, working with us to ease any and all concerns we might have. It was especially nice knowing he has worked with the Brookfield Zoo (our venue) before, as well as our Photographer by complete coincidence. Ron’s help and expertise is not restricted to music only, as he helped in arranging our wedding parties walk down the aisle, doing last minute checks to ensure platings were set up properly at the reception, and just in general provide us a calming and reassuring presence that things will go smoothly. He was also very good at remembering some very difficult to pronounce names! Come the day of the actual event, our venue locations at the Zoo were altered because of stormy weather. While this had myself (groom) and the bride somewhat upset and confused as to how the event would continue forward, Ron was there to meet us and assure everything would go smoothly and get everyone situated beautifully at the alternate ceremony location. From here on out, Ron shined and brightened the rainy day for us. The music selections that we worked with him on sounded beautiful; ranging from each step of the ceremony (including working with our live violinist and officiant), the reception introductions, dinner music, dance music, and even some fun games for raffling off center pieces. He had this all down-pat and it worked out perfectly. My wife and I absolutely loved working with Ron and upon the need for another DJ someday, we will definitely be seeking his services again. I highly recommend Ron Fiedler as not only a great professional DJ, but someone that will make the planning process feel comfortable and dissuade any feelings of anxiety you might have along the way. Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Amy B

S2D2 is the best around! Tamara Sims was great to work with. She was well organized and sent reminders to us regarding our "To Do" list. The online website is amazing, as it ensures the reception goes smoothly from introductions to cake cutting to dancing the night away. Our... Read More DJ, Larry, was fantastic. He was very friendly, responsive, and seemed to truly care that we, along with our guests, had a fantastic evening.

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Brittany (

Our DJ from S2D2, Ron Fiedler, was simply the best to work with. As far as S2D2, I've never come across an entertainment company that is so organized and friendly. Tamara and Jay Sims (Elegant Event Lighting - their sister company) are amazing. S2D2 provides you with an online... Read More platform so you can let your DJ know the order of everything and who's who and what you want played and when. They even let you choose up your additional song requests for open dancing along with songs you absolutely don't want played. Tamara would send reminders on a timely basis to make sure we were ready to go and when we were about a month and half out, she introduced us to our DJ so we could plan our in person meeting with him. Our DJ was Ron Fiedler. From scheduling our initial meeting in the burbs to communicating our needs and changes via email post meeting to the day of, everything was flawless and Ron couldn't have been more pleasant and prompt to work with. He even called our parents the week of the wedding to see how they were holding up and if they had any questions. He is the sweetest. On the day, he arrived nice and early to be able to watch the wedding and get all situated. Even when unexpected changes occurred or events got added, Ron accommodated things perfectly. He was always aware of where people were and didn't want anyone important missing out on the special occurrences of the evening and did an awesome job at keeping the dance floor packed. We highly recommend S2D2 and if you can pick, choose Ron! We are so glad we got such a great DJ!

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Mel K

Mark was an awesome DJ for our wedding! It was the best night of our lives and we couldn't have done it without him. He played 80's rock music while guests arrived, played our requests for the ceremony, 70's easy listening during dinner, and 70's/80's party songs for the rest of... Read More the night. Guests and even other vendors told us that it was the best wedding they have ever been to, Thanks Mark! Tamara was very helpful answering our questions and setting up our agreement - so helpful that we chose to use their sister company for the backdrop and uplighting.

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Sarah L

Tamara was great talking us through the process and when she said they match the DJ to the couple we sort of thought "yeah, ok lady. That's what you say..." but they truly do!! Andrew was amazing! Totally understood the feel we were going for with our wedding. We had a great... Read More wedding and awesome music thanks to them!!!!

Meet The Director of Sales

Tamara Sims

Tamara Sims has been in the wedding industry for 30 years starting back in high school working as a server at a banquet hall. Here she learned all about weddings and eventually moved her way up to the sales office. In 2004, she started full time at Something 2 Dance 2 and has continued to be the first impression you will have with our company of a warm and caring soul who loves weddings. You will feel her passion and excitement as she guides you through the entire entertainment process.