Have the Wedding of Your Dreams

Something 2 Dance 2 is dedicated to creating your Wedding in your Vision. Our team of Wedding DJs will assist you with creative and personalized Wedding ideas that will ensure you have an unforgettable Wedding. Give us a call today!

Classical, Country, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Latin

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Sound Equipment, Music, Equipment

Bow2008 09
Bow2007

630 Morse Avenue, Schaumburg, IL (847) 841-8751
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Kellie B

My now-wife and I had the great pleasure of working with Ron Fiedler in planning out our DJ requests for the wedding. Several weeks before the event we were able to sit down with Ron in a professional setting at the Something 2 Dance 2 office, and we walked through the entire... Read More day’s planning together. He was very professional and comforting, working with us to ease any and all concerns we might have. It was especially nice knowing he has worked with the Brookfield Zoo (our venue) before, as well as our Photographer by complete coincidence. Ron’s help and expertise is not restricted to music only, as he helped in arranging our wedding parties walk down the aisle, doing last minute checks to ensure platings were set up properly at the reception, and just in general provide us a calming and reassuring presence that things will go smoothly. He was also very good at remembering some very difficult to pronounce names! Come the day of the actual event, our venue locations at the Zoo were altered because of stormy weather. While this had myself (groom) and the bride somewhat upset and confused as to how the event would continue forward, Ron was there to meet us and assure everything would go smoothly and get everyone situated beautifully at the alternate ceremony location. From here on out, Ron shined and brightened the rainy day for us. The music selections that we worked with him on sounded beautiful; ranging from each step of the ceremony (including working with our live violinist and officiant), the reception introductions, dinner music, dance music, and even some fun games for raffling off center pieces. He had this all down-pat and it worked out perfectly. My wife and I absolutely loved working with Ron and upon the need for another DJ someday, we will definitely be seeking his services again. I highly recommend Ron Fiedler as not only a great professional DJ, but someone that will make the planning process feel comfortable and dissuade any feelings of anxiety you might have along the way. Thank you!

Reviewed on 3/24/2017 Holly S

Larry was our DJ for us wedding last Friday. He was absolutely fantastic! Super easy to work with and kept our dance floor packed all night long. The most important thing to us was that our guest had fun and Larry helped us achieve that goal. Look no further.

Reviewed on 2/19/2017 Gina R

I cannot say enough great things! From the moment we met with Tamara I knew we were in good hands. Ron was our DJ and he was simply amazing!!! From the attention to detail to the great energy he brought, he exceeded all of our expectations. He was more than a DJ/MC he kept us... Read More on time and really held the evening together. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Reviewed on 5/17/2017 Marie Diane L

Ron!! You were awesome!! Ron Fielder was assigned as our DJ, and from the 1st meeting he was great. He was organized, easy to talk to, CARED about our wedding, LISTENED to what we wanted, gave great but not pushy advice/tips as we went over and planned the agenda, and our... Read More wedding was amazing! My husband and I love music, so it made the night. We did the 'kissing couples' game during dinner, and he made it so fun! He kept people on the dance floor, played our requested music, and did a really good job of picking the rest of the nights music based on our taste and what would keep the party going. Perfect amount and choice of slow songs. Not that it would have been a big deal if he did, but he didn't make any mistakes, did great with announcements (made sure to know how to pronounce the names, such as all the Italian last names in my wedding), was flexible if we decided to change anything through the night - example: we asked to add a couple to the 'kissing couples' game, and he's just an all-around hardworking, great guy. Leading up to the wedding, he made sure to keep in touch with us and on top of everything, which was a great relief with all the other vendors and planning we had to keep track of. His hard work shown through with the great night we had with him as our DJ! Also, he was the first DJ to play at the brand new venue in Naperville, Elements at Water Street, since we were the first big wedding there. The professionalism and care put into our wedding night by Ron, matched our beautiful venue perfectly, making it a magical night. We would absolutely hire him again! Thanks again, Ron!

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Christin W

Planning with Jay was simple and easy, we left feeling very confident. We requested to work with Marc, as he Dj'ed my sister, and my brother's wedding and we wanted to round it out :) Marc arrived to our wedding on time (if not early) and was set up with more than enough time.... Read More He was very professional and kept the night running smoothly, we had a barn wedding and thought the dance floor would be empty, but Marc had it filled all night! Thanks :)

Reviewed on 1/18/2017 Jackie H

S2D2 was an easy decision for us after a great first meeting with Tamara. She was highly organized, knowledgeable and so friendly! We discussed what we were looking for and she got to know us as a couple so that she could assign us a DJ that matched our style. S2D2 also has a... Read More great online wedding reception planning tool. About a month before our wedding we were partnered up with Marc who did an outstanding job! We had a planning meeting with him before our wedding to go over all details. His expertise and obvious love of his work made us completely comfortable. We knew we were in great hands. Thanks to Marc, our wedding reception was a blast! It was important to us that our guests have a great time on the dance floor and he made sure to keep the enthusiasm going. We had a few last minute changes at our reception and he was completely professional the whole time. He helped us flow through the reception with ease. Thanks Marc!

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Claudette M

They were wonderful to work with! Tamara was so friendly welcoming and had excellent attention to detail. From our first meeting we knew they were the company for us! The online planning website is amazing it was so helpful even has suggestions for popular songs a search tool... Read More and samples of the music to listen too. It was also very easy to use Our dj Andrew was so friendly he did a great job making everyone feel comfortable and kept the night rolling nicely!!!! We had a great planning meeting before the wedding and he was there early on our wedding day!! We also used the lighting through their sister company it was beautiful Highly recommend this company!

Reviewed on 1/02/2017 Penny K

Jay made my daughters wedding a special night we will always remember. His attention to detail was excellent, all the way down to helping to find some extra large safety pins in his "box of goodies" to help secure my daughters wedding dress train when the bustle failed. He... Read More added some special details to the reception that made it especially memorable. I have one more daughter getting married some day and JI hope Jay will be at that wedding too!

Reviewed on 12/16/2016 Melissa D

Our winter wedding celebration was very enjoyable thanks to Something 2 Dance 2's DJ, Mark Mallett! My husband and I couldn't have asked for a better DJ to create an AMAZING atmosphere for our friends and family. The night involved a medical emergency, however, Mark stepped in... Read More professionally to inform/update our guests on the overall situation and individual. After the minor setback, Mark got the celebration back on track by playing upbeats songs to keep everyone movin' and groovin' on the dance floor. Awesome job Mark! Something 2 Dance 2 provided us with an easy and stress-free planning website that allowed us to incorporate our style of music. The personal meeting with their DJ's prior to the wedding is very strategic and relaxing. We highly recommend Something 2 Dance 2 for anyone who is in need of a great DJ!

Reviewed on 12/08/2016 Becca W

Marc is hands down the best DJ there is, he played such a vital role in our reception. He was great to work with, he responds so fast to emails & really focuses on making your day perfect. We would recommend Marc over and over again!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Austin H

Our Wedding Day (and night) was better than we could have imagined, and Jay played a huge role. From our meeting with Jay several weeks before the big day, I knew Something 2 Dance 2 would exceed our expectations. Jay took time to observe our personalities so that he could... Read More tailor the night to us. The music, the kissing game, and the introductions, were personalized to fit our tastes. We received several kind comments from family members about how much fun the group had dancing. After attending several more weddings (where Jay was not the DJ) my wife and I came to realize how difficult it is to be a good wedding DJ and how important it is to personalize the experience to the crowd. Thanks again Jay and team!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Keith M

Ron did an amazing job at our wedding, the dance floor was never empty! We received so many compliments from friends and family about his DJ services. He also did a great job and keeping everything on schedule. We didn’t have a wedding coordinator so we highly relied on Ron to... Read More keep everything in order. Very professional, hard worker, great DJ! He even jumps in to help out if people didn’t know the dances. Would highly recommend Ron and Something 2 Dance 2 your upcoming wedding!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Amy B

S2D2 is the best around! Tamara Sims was great to work with. She was well organized and sent reminders to us regarding our "To Do" list. The online website is amazing, as it ensures the reception goes smoothly from introductions to cake cutting to dancing the night away. Our... Read More DJ, Larry, was fantastic. He was very friendly, responsive, and seemed to truly care that we, along with our guests, had a fantastic evening.

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Brittany (

Our DJ from S2D2, Ron Fiedler, was simply the best to work with. As far as S2D2, I've never come across an entertainment company that is so organized and friendly. Tamara and Jay Sims (Elegant Event Lighting - their sister company) are amazing. S2D2 provides you with an online... Read More platform so you can let your DJ know the order of everything and who's who and what you want played and when. They even let you choose up your additional song requests for open dancing along with songs you absolutely don't want played. Tamara would send reminders on a timely basis to make sure we were ready to go and when we were about a month and half out, she introduced us to our DJ so we could plan our in person meeting with him. Our DJ was Ron Fiedler. From scheduling our initial meeting in the burbs to communicating our needs and changes via email post meeting to the day of, everything was flawless and Ron couldn't have been more pleasant and prompt to work with. He even called our parents the week of the wedding to see how they were holding up and if they had any questions. He is the sweetest. On the day, he arrived nice and early to be able to watch the wedding and get all situated. Even when unexpected changes occurred or events got added, Ron accommodated things perfectly. He was always aware of where people were and didn't want anyone important missing out on the special occurrences of the evening and did an awesome job at keeping the dance floor packed. We highly recommend S2D2 and if you can pick, choose Ron! We are so glad we got such a great DJ!

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Mel K

Mark was an awesome DJ for our wedding! It was the best night of our lives and we couldn't have done it without him. He played 80's rock music while guests arrived, played our requests for the ceremony, 70's easy listening during dinner, and 70's/80's party songs for the rest of... Read More the night. Guests and even other vendors told us that it was the best wedding they have ever been to, Thanks Mark! Tamara was very helpful answering our questions and setting up our agreement - so helpful that we chose to use their sister company for the backdrop and uplighting.

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Sarah L

Tamara was great talking us through the process and when she said they match the DJ to the couple we sort of thought "yeah, ok lady. That's what you say..." but they truly do!! Andrew was amazing! Totally understood the feel we were going for with our wedding. We had a great... Read More wedding and awesome music thanks to them!!!!

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Aly H

My husband and I got married back in April, so this review is a little delayed, but that also is a testament to how great of a company this is--they are STILL on our mind! We cannot say enough great things about our DJ, Mark. He was more than we could have asked for, especially... Read More booking at the last minute! Owning a wedding company ourselves, THIS is the company we trusted to our wedding. I'm a bit of a control freak (especially considering my playlist) and Mark was so respectful of that, made sure we heard exactly what we wanted and brought our reception to life. My family still talks about how amazing it was that Mark took it upon himself to grab our video camera (we did our own video) and caught a moment my husband and I had because he didn't want us to miss it...truly above and beyond service. We HIGHLY recommend Something 2 Dance 2.

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Nicole M

Our wedding day was absolutely beautiful!! A huge thanks to Ron for keeping our dance floor packed all night at the reception! Ron was a pleasure to work with & so organized! We appreciated his attention to every detail we requested. What we loved most about Ron, was how much he... Read More LOVED being present in the moment & celebrating with us!! Thank you Ron & Something 2 Dance 2 for all that you did to make our day so memorable!

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 taylor l

We used Something 2 Dance 2 after a great first meeting with their sister company Elegant Event Lighting. Jay is the owner and sold us on S2D2 at our up-lighting meeting. We really hoped Jay was going to be our DJ after that first meeting but he assured us whoever we were paired... Read More with would be top notch. Enter: Ron Feidler, the greatest wedding DJ we could have ever hoped for. Our Dj was so important to us because not only were we relying on him to keep everyone entertained and dancing at the reception but we also needed our DJ to manage very important parts of ceremony. When Ron was assigned to us he wasted no time making sure he knew every detail, and I mean EVERY detail. And he is one of those guys you only have to tell once and he has it down. Ron met with us for 2+ hours before the wedding and even took the time to call each of the parents to make sure there wasn't anything we left out that each family might want. When the wedding day finally came Ron literally nailed every que. The ceremony's religious songs were prefect almost emulating a Catholic mass and then when it came time for the reception Ron rocked the dance floor from the first song to the last. At no point was the dance floor even half empty. From Jay to Ron, Something 2 Dance 2 is the best (and easiest) choice you can make for your wedding. Our guests haven't stopped saying how much fun the wedding was and without Ron's DJ'ing abilities or Jay and his team's up-lighting I don't think it would have been the same. THANK YOU! **Also prices were very reasonable for being a premium company!

Reviewed on 8/29/2016 caitlin m

There's absolutely nothing bad I can say about S2D2! They were so welcoming the moment we walked in and were so patient with me as I was budgeting my money. Marc was the best DJ I could have imagined. He was so down to earth and friendly. Our meeting with him was great and I... Read More felt like he would make the night perfect, which he did. The day of he came to me for any requests people had, made sure everything was going as planned, and was great with the music selections. I really cannot put into words how amazing this company is, and if you do book with them, request Marc!

Reviewed on 8/28/2016 Katie M

Music at a wedding is so important to us, and we were having a hard time finding a company that left us confident. My coworker recommended Something 2 Dance 2, and as soon as we sat down with Tamara, I knew we had a perfect fit. She took the time to get to know us a couple and... Read More assigned us Lorry who did a fabulous job. Not only did we spend time preparing with him in advance, but he truly made sure the night went smoothly for us. He got us drinks during cocktail hour, helped coordinate with the photographer, and was flexible with minor changes the night of. Most importantly, he had the dance floor packed the entire night! Our wedding guests of all ages couldn’t get enough of the music and were raving about it for days to come. I highly recommend Lorry and Something 2 Dance 2 to all future couples!

Reviewed on 8/17/2016

My son's wedding was last Saturday, August 13, 2016. We can't say enough about our DJ and owner Jay. He did an amazing job and right up until the last sound at midnight the dance floor was packed. From the moment I met Tamara his wife and partner I knew this was the DJ... Read More company we wanted from my son's wedding. They are very nice to work with and make it so easy to walk through the process of setting everything up. I would highly recommend you checking them out before booking with anyone else. We wanted Jay so we paid extra to have him and he was worth every penny.

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Sarah F

When we had our sit down meeting before choosing our dj they did a great job explaining the different packages. Our dj was phenomenal. We used Ron as our DJ. He knew so much about what he was doing and made us feel very comfortable. I had just had a death in my family and he was... Read More very accommodating in dedicating a special song to him. He was respectful with our religious requests and very professional. He even got on the dance floor to show us some dances that people may not have known. I would recommend him to anyone!

Reviewed on 8/12/2016 Lisa M

We first met Ron at my best friend's wedding last year. They couldn't speak more highly about the organization, professionalism and attention to detail of Ron and the staff at S2D2, and we would have to agree 100%! Ron was amazing! Our dance floor was full all night, and that... Read More was exactly what we were hoping to see! Ron added special personal touches throughout the night through comments or by playing songs that were special to us or family members. We wish we had another reason to hire Ron again! Thank you!

Reviewed on 8/08/2016

Ron was such a wonderful DJ to have at our wedding! He was very professional from the beginning to the end. He did a great job making the night such a wonderful and memorable one. We had many compliments on how good the DJ was and how he played the best songs. I did... Read More reccommended him and the company to a few friends who are getting married soon because they liked him and I liked the company so much.

Meet The Director of Sales

Tamara Sims

Tamara Sims has been in the wedding industry for 30 years starting back in high school working as a server at a banquet hall. Here she learned all about weddings and eventually moved her way up to the sales office. In 2004, she started full time at Something 2 Dance 2 and has continued to be the first impression you will have with our company of a warm and caring soul who loves weddings. You will feel her passion and excitement as she guides you through the entire entertainment process.