Wedding

Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

Long Beach, CA
Serving Southern California

Reviewed on 1/03/2016

Something Events did a lovely wedding for us in October at Tantalum Restaurant in Long Beach, CA. They worked with us patiently (we were hung up on some of the vendor decisions), incorporated our very specific preferences, and provided excellent guidance on all aspects of the... Read More event. We were particularly happy with the décor and timeline coordination. Thank you again, Sara and Nicole!

Do your Due Diligence First!

Reviewed on 11/17/2015 La Keisha L

Hi Brides (and Grooms)!! I'm writing to share with you my experience with Sara (and later, her husband Brian) of Something Events as the wedding planner for my wedding. My experience revealed that she is inexperienced and unprofessional, and is genuinely under-qualified... Read More to be in the wedding planning business. I have checked with the Better Business Bureau to report their company, and did additional research (too late, of course) and can not verify Something Events is a legitimate company. Please do this research before signing on with them. Here was my experience: With four weeks left until the wedding, I had no idea who our florist was and had no floral mock-ups, after asking for them repeatedly for three weeks. I had not met the photographer or videographer either. Sara passed me over to her husband, Brian, and told me her husband would handle planning my wedding going forward. Brian is not a wedding planner. And it showed. He was slow to respond, promised to handle things by a certain date, then failed to, wasn't aware of the kinds of questions to ask a bride/groom related to their wedding, never provided a wedding timeline, and ultimately was thrown into planning my wedding because of his wife. For example, when we finally got Brian to introduce us to the florist, we asked her, "can you please show us the mock-up for the altar arrangement during the wedding ceremony?" to which she responded, "I was told there would be no florals at the altar." Please note that every Pinterest photo I sent them had florals at the alter, especially because it was an outdoor wedding on the grass! It would have been a bare, dull wedding with no flowers! I was genuinely shocked. As you might have imagined, we ultimately had to fire Sara and Brian 3 weeks before the wedding after our venue sent a very concerning email, stating they still had no idea who our vendors were and they were on the verge of canceling the wedding. They kindly agreed to return our money, recognizing (or so I thought) that they were too busy and unable to be good stewards of their role. They never actually returned the deposit and it has been nearly 3 months. We ultimately hired new wedding planners, who were really fantastic. They somehow found *all new* vendors in under three weeks and gave us truly, the wedding of our dreams. Perhaps the most disappointing thing is that Sara and Brian made arrangements with the vendors to have them pay a fee to be vendors in our wedding. They hired inexperienced vendors (never introduced them to us) and budgeted well below the $8K they were charging us. We learned this after speaking with the florist who we ultimately had to let go. So, finally, this is just a warning that there is a high likelihood that Sara and Brian mean well and this was just a one-off experience. But, with so many red-flag moments during our experience with them, I just don't see how that is the case. Even if you are trying to save money, you have my strongest recommendation to due your proper and thorough due diligence before going with Something Events. Lots of love, A concerned bride

OUTSTANDING Day of Coordinator = Something Events

Reviewed on 10/21/2014

Sara Geiss and her team did an incredible job as the Day of Coordinators for my daughter's wedding in Sept. The church and the reception site each had their own "coordinators" so I almost didn't book a DoC but I am SOOOOO glad that I did and that it was Sara & team.... Read More They provided all of the services that DoCs are supposed to provide but what I really loved about them was their calming demeanor and thorough attention to detail. Every DoC I contacted, which was many, told me that I would have nothing to worry about, that they would take care of everything. But Sara was different, she simply exuded serene competence from start to finish. I cannot give anyone a higher recommendation than I give to Something Events, Sara Geiss and team.

Sara and Nicole are amazing

Reviewed on 11/14/2013 Kelly G

We hired Sara and her assistant Nicole as day-of coordinators for our wedding, but they ended up being so much more. They helped coordinate the long list of vendors we used for the reception, and worked with us beyond just the day of the wedding. They made me feel so at ease, I... Read More had zero worries or anxiety the day of. They took care of everything, went above and beyond, and besides that, are wonderful fun people! Would recommend them to any bride and groom.

the best

Reviewed on 10/04/2013 alex w

I am not sure where to start but I am sure that asking Something Event to help us on the day-of was maybe the best decision we've made for the organization of the wedding. They both helped us so much. The wedding was flawless and every single guest had the best time, which... Read More is the most important. If your guests are having fun, you'll have fun. They are professional, nice and talented. We spent some time describing the picture we had of our wedding, and we ended up with exactly what we wanted, or maybe better than I was expecting! Thank you Sara and Nicole.

Couldn't have been better!

Reviewed on 8/25/2013 Mallory H

Sara personally helped me plan so many details for my wedding. I hired her for day of coordination, but ended up using her for more. She brought things to my attention I had never even thought of and had suggestions for so many of my scatter brained ideas. Her thinking,... Read More organization, professionalism and design were beyond what I was expecting and I could not have been happier with the way everything turned out! I don't even want to consider what kind of disasters may have occurred had she not been there for me on my big day! I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Something Events saved us so much wedding stress

Reviewed on 8/09/2013 Amber P

Sara and Nicole did an incredible job with our wedding. They went above and beyond our expectations. We of course received the list of what would be included with our package, but were floored by how much constant attention was given to our wedding. My husband and I would... Read More regularly wake up to friendly emails outlining vendor quotes, to-do lists, and schedules, all of which Something Evenets put so much time into. We were initially on the fence about hiring someone to coordinate the wedding. We are major DIYers and were confident in our ability to craft our own wedding (of only 50 people). However, we hired Sara and Nicole about 2 months before the wedding and we cannot stop saying how glad we are that we did, as in, I am scared to think how it would have been without them. They totally understood our vision and did everything they could to make it come to life, including helping with design and giving recommendations on how and where to set up everything from decorations to lighting. We already had a lot of our decorations crafted, but when we got too busy Sara and Nicole took over and did an outstanding job. They have excellent taste and really understand current trends in wedding design. Something Events immediately took over all of our vendor relations, found quotes on everything from limos to ice (yes we had to buy ice!), made personalized schedules, and designed and hand crafted a killer dessert table, all while being totally responsive, accessible and friendly. We had such constant communication that my husband and I now miss talking to them. On the day of the wedding they were calm and in control, they showed up early, picked up last minute items from my house, met all the vendors, set up all decorations, directed everyone through the day-of with total ease, packed up decorations and stayed until the last minute of our venue rental. We couldn't be happier with Something Events. They took away so much wedding-related stress. Oh and did I mention their rates are super competitive?

Amazing Job!

Reviewed on 5/21/2013 Holly W

Sara and her team were awesome. We contacted them fairly last minute looking for a day of coordinator to help with decorations and last minute details. Their original quote was a little high for our budget so they worked with us to make an adjusted package so that we were only... Read More paying for the services we really needed. At our consultation they provided lots of great ideas for how to do things that we were struggling with. Decorating our arch on a budget meant no flowers, but we wanted something and didn't know how to do it. Not only did they give us great ideas but they executed their plans on the day of seamlessly. Sara helped us make tissue puff balls and gave us all the help we needed. On the day of we ran into some issues with our florist as we didn't order enough centerpieces. Sara handled everything at the venue and made sure the tables were decorated with the bridesmaids bouquets as soon as possible. I'm so glad we hired Something Events. They made all the difference on our wedding day and we couldn't have been happier with their services.

5 Reasons why Something Events gave us the most amazing wedding

Reviewed on 5/13/2013 Tyler A

1. Creativity. Something Events had the most beautiful, simple ideas that made our wedding design turn out exactly the way we imagined it in our minds, and a couple of things that we didn't think of that our guests still talk about a year later! 2. Relief. We were so... Read More slammed with our jobs and families, and had too much on our plate. Something Events did what no one else could- relieve us of the stress AND make us feel like we were still driving every decision. 3. Go-to contact. About 2 weeks before our day, Something Events essentially took the keys to the car and drove every detail through the rehearsal dinner and wedding, and again always made us feel connected and in control of everything. 4. Amazing demeanor. You have to see your event people more than almost anyone else on your big day, and in my opinion, no one can make you feel calm, happy and confident like Something Events. 5. Crisis-Averter. We didn't hear a word about any Vendor/Guest/Timing challenges at all, and were left to just enjoy an unbelievable day. It was truly the best possible experience we could have had, and I would recommend Something Events to my closest friends and family.

Above and Beyond!

Reviewed on 4/02/2013 Dabney L

Sara from Something Events helped us create the wedding of our dreams! Her calm, friendly, focused demeanor helped me in particular get through some very stressful times! Her taste level in terms of design is outstanding. Excellent communication, level headed, incredibly... Read More organized. She's a one stop shop- we utilized her services for everything from design ideas (she fully embraced our DIY approach), scheduling (to the second), vendor follow up, and more. Can't imagine not having her as part of our big day. She went above and beyond our expectations- we will be forever grateful!

2013-04-18T15:53:07 Response from the vendor

The pleasure was all mine! Your wedding was absolutely amazing! I loved every second of coordinating your wedding and am so happy to hear that you loved every second of planning and of your wedding day! Thank you!

Best decision ever!!!

Reviewed on 1/24/2013

Something Events helped make my wedding perfect! I wanted something personal and homemade and that's exactly what they did! I told them what I wanted and they jumped in full force! They made my special day the most memorable of my life. I didn't have time to do my wedding myself... Read More because I was in the police academy but they made me feel like I was there putting it all together! All of the guests loved the decor and complimented us on our backyard wedding! Something events helped transform my plain backyard into a beautiful reception! They also made the actual ceremony beautiful and run smoothly. I didn't have to lift a finger for the wedding! They shopped, designed, planned, and put everything together! I recommend them to anyone looking for hard-working, dedicated, and creative wedding coordinators!

2013-02-08T10:28:38 Response from the vendor

There aren't enough words to explain how much we enjoyed coordinating your wedding! We loved being apart of your day and are thrilled that you enjoyed every moment of it! Thank you for having us design and coordinate, we had a blast taking the stress... Read Less Read More