A boutique planning company

Hi Happy Couple! A big Congratulations from Something Social! Please visit my website for more information! www.something-social.com. Happy Planning & we can't wait to hear from you! xoxo

Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

180 Summit Avenue, Summit, NJ

Jan is a rockstar!

Reviewed on 10/07/2014 hannah k

Seriously I can't say enough how thankful I am to have Jan by my side on my wedding day. My wedding was in September and I hired her in March. From our first meeting I knew instantly she was THE ONE. I hired her for day of coordination but we were in contact a lot throughout the... Read More 7 month planning process. She always answered my emails with all questions I had regarding decor, invitations, etc. I always appreciated having her opinion and it was great to be able to contact her. In the month before the wedding I knew she would have everything completely under control. She created an awesome and extremely detailed timeline for the whole day and emailed it to all my vendors. On the day of the wedding she had everything under control. Her assistant was at the hotel where all our guests were staying making sure everything was good with the shuttles which was great because that was a huge concern of mine. All my other vendors and my wedding party kept coming up to me and telling me how great she was! I knew she was doing a good job since no one was coming to me with any questions/concerns and you have no idea how relieving that is. I am a micromanager but with her I didn't need to be! The most amazing part was when my wedding party arrived at the venue we realized that my phone was left in the limo that was on it's way to hoboken! (We were in Rockleigh, NJ). Jan's assistant drove all the way there and back to get it for me!! Now if that's not dedication, I don't know what is. You guys were great! Thank you so much for making our wedding day fabulous :)

The best friend a bride could ask for...

Reviewed on 2/09/2015 Lyndsey T

Jan is amazing. She is seemingly everywhere and yet is never intrusive or demanding. When my make-up trial felt disastrous, Jan talked me through it. When I asked her for recommendations for other vendors, she always provided several options. When I needed someone to have touchy... Read More conversations with other vendors, Jan was right there, acting on my behalf. We interviewed 3 different coordinators, and Jan from Something Social was by far the best. From the moment we met her, we clicked. She provided month-of services for us but her efforts far exceeded the timing outlined in our contract. Jan clearly enjoys what she does, and she's extremely good at it. We could not have asked for a better coordinator! The amount of stress Jan took off of our plates is of immeasurable value. Aside from getting married, hiring Something Social was the best decision we made.

Hire Something Social for the stress-free wedding of your dreams!

Reviewed on 12/15/2013 Kayleigh R

Aside from saying yes to my husband's proposal, hiring Jan was the best decision I made in the wedding planning process! From the moment my sister and I met Jan (who was kind enough to come meet me in Manhattan close to work), we instantly clicked and I felt as though I had... Read More known her forever. Throughout my process, Jan was there to answer a million random questions I had, to keep track of my vendor contracts and payments, to make sure I had taken care of little details I would have never thought of. We were married at a very DIY heavy venue and I had a million ideas about how I wanted to personalize it. Jan was willing to do all of the tasks that made our wedding and venue so personal, including climbing a ladder to hang bunting in our tent! She (along with her fabulous sister, Jackie) set up everything on the morning of the wedding while I was getting ready and enjoying downtime with my girls. I was completely blown away when I saw everything done, it was beyond our dreams. Jan packed everything up at the end of the night so we didn't to worry about cleaning up the next day. Jan is smart, professional, organized, detail-oriented and, most importantly, a great friend. She will take the time to learn your wedding vision so well that she can make decisions for you on the day of, so you can just sit back and relax! Trust me, you need Jan!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Erin S

Right after Matt & I got engaged we immediately took care of all the big items. We chose our perfect venue along with most of our vendors. About 4 months prior to the Wedding I realized I had been putting off all the smaller items. Invitations, Booking transportation for our... Read More guests, Purchasing our cake topper, favors, table numbers ect. I realized at that time that I needed some help that extended outside of my family and friends. I didn’t need assistance on the actual Wedding Day as I had a full service venue but I did want that piece of mind leading up to the big day and feeling like I had covered all my bases. I found Jan online and she put together a customized proposal for me which was exactly what I was looking for. She helped me tie together the vision I had created in my mind and did the leg work and research on all my outstanding items. I don’t know what I would have done without her!

Highly reccommend Jan

Reviewed on 10/20/2015

I contracted with Jan for my daughter's wedding only 4 weeks before the wedding date when I realized that I needed someone to handle all the day of details so we could all enjoy the wedding day. Jan was professional, sweet, organized and worth every penny. (Her rates are... Read More actually very reasonable). She created a day of timeline, communicated it to all vendors, managed the processional, handled tips and day of payments, adhered escort cards to our mirror display, put out family portraits, checked and rechecked with every vendor and much, much, more. I can't even remember all the work she did. While we enjoyed our cocktail hour, she was our eyes and ears, making sure all the food was correct, service was spot on, lines were short at bar, and the venue was fulfilling its contract. Above all she was a calming influence and a comfort to have at our beckoning call. She has a wonderful mix of taking charge and being very respectful of your wishes. She is also very diplomatic with taking over and working with vendors that I had already established relationships with. I would highly recommend Jan as a wedding coordinator.

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Melissa M

Jan was amazing! From the first time we met her we knew she was a perfect fit for our Gatsby inspired wedding! Every idea and suggestion were amazing! Her attention to detail was perfectct and she was a lifesaver the day of the wedding! Her and her team were amazing! Every... Read More detail was taken care of, from making sure my new husband and I got a cold water after our ceremony, to helping us orchestrate extending our reception so we were able to enjoy our time with our guests! A lot of people thought we were crazy looking for a wedding planner, but she was worth every penny!! We had Jan from the beginning, helping to pick out our venues, if that isn't in your budget definitely look into day of help! It was such a relief knowing that we didn't have to worry about a thing! She even handled getting a cab to the ceremony for one of our guests!!! Jan was amazing! We could not say enough great things about her and her services!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Alison W

We used Jan for our September 2015 wedding as a Day of Coordinator and she was phenomenal to work with. Even though her services extended technically for the day of the wedding only, she was in contact with us throughout the nine months leading up to the wedding and would check... Read More in to make sure we were on track with wedding items. She had some great ideas when we did our walk through of the venue six months out. She also did a wrap up meeting with us two weeks prior to the wedding to go over the timeline we worked together to create. Our wedding featured a ton of DIY components and she kept the items together that we needed to collect after our ceremony. She was professional throughout and took charge when necessary. Would highly recommend using Jan for wedding planning help!

Reviewed on 10/10/2015 Stacey S

AMAZING! Jan and Something Social are the best, I cannot say enough good things about her! From the first meeting with Jan, she really clicked with our personalities and understood what we were looking for, providing venue options that surpassed our expectations. During the... Read More planning process she took a lot of the stress off of us and was able to help us come up with a vision for the wedding that perfectly captured our personalities. We had a lot of DIY ideas so she helped us choose the best fits and even had advice on how to accomplish them without having them become a last minute point of stress. On our wedding day, she was prompt, professional and added to the fun of the day. It was so nice to be able to enjoy getting ready, without stressing about if our vendors had arrived, if everything was being set up as we planned, if the bridal party knew where they were supposed to be, etc. Jan handled all of that and much more, giving us a worry-free day. While we were planning, people always said to expect that something would go wrong on the actual day, but Jan made sure that everything went according to (and better than) the plan! Overall, I would 100% recommend Jan to anyone looking for help planning their wedding, whether it's full coordination or just day-of help. She was a joy to work with and somehow managed to make even budgets and timelines fun! :)

Reviewed on 10/03/2015 Erica F

I cannot begin to describe how INCREDIBLE Jan is!! We began working with Jan a few weeks after we got engaged and within the first few minutes of talking with her we were hooked. We were never the couple who knew exactly how we envisioned our wedding day but she effortlessly... Read More guided us through the process and we ended up with one absolutely amazing wedding. Her ideas blew us out of the water and she was able to help us incorporate our personalities which were so important to us. It was wonderful to watch her bring all of our ideas to life. I can’t say enough about how easy and fun she made the entire process. She is a true professional, organized, enthusiastic and always making us feel like we were her number one priority. Aside from providing an amazing level of service she was SO FUN to work with! It is not an exaggeration to say we would have never been able to pull off such an incredible wedding without her. I would recommend her to anyone and everyone! I can’t rave enough about our experience in working with Jan and Something Social. She’s a rockstar. If you are looking for a one of a kind experience and stress free day Jan is your girl!

Jan is truly amazing at what she does!

Reviewed on 8/25/2015 Daniela M

Jan is absolutely phenomenal. We booked her the week after we got engaged and she worked alongside us for the entire 10 months of wedding planning. We really don't know how (or if!) we could have done it without her help and expertise! From the very first design meeting, she was... Read More a great listener and knew exactly what I was thinking in terms of aesthetic. Throughout planning, she did a great job of researching and presenting us with various options within our preferences and vision, as well as guiding our thoughts when we had no idea what we wanted. She was very diligent in keeping us on task and and extremely timely and professional when working with (sometimes difficult) vendors. Jan is well-versed in the industry and has a quick response to any inquiry or doubt. She was even able to get a bilingual assistant for the wedding day, which was a huge help for us as much of our wedding was conducted in Spanish. The day of the wedding was seamless and stress-free for us, as Jan had a very thorough itinerary and kept to it--a must for such a hectic day! Several family members commented not only on how helpful and organized she was, but also how friendly! I would recommend her to any bride--any degree of planning service makes a world of a difference when planning your wedding, and Jan is amazing at what she does.

Reviewed on 7/23/2015

Jan is AMAZING! It wasn't until 2 months or so before the wedding that I sought out for Jan, when the work was really building up beyond what I could do on my own. Beyond the peace of mind she provided knowing I was in good hands, come the wedding day I really don't know what we... Read More would do without her. My wedding felt seamless and it truly felt that as the bride, my happiness was always at the top of her list. I have a personality that leans towards overthinking and worrying when on default, but my wedding day I let it all go to live in the moment and enjoy the ride. I have Jan to thank so much for that since she really helped me relax. Both my family and I agree, we were in good hands with Something Social. Thank you Jan!

We loved working with Jan!

Reviewed on 7/21/2015

My husband and I planned the wedding ourselves and didn't think we needed a wedding planner until a few people suggested that we hire someone to help with the last month and day of the wedding. I'm SO glad we took that advice. Jan was incredible and alleviated so much of our... Read More stress. I trusted her completely and she pulled through on every single last detail.

Simply the best!

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Danielle M

Using Something Social to help with our wedding planning was one of the best decisions my husband and I could have made. My only regret is not utilizing Jan and her expertise sooner! Even with some of our plans already in place, Jan was able fit everything together seamlessly... Read More and effortlessly. Her attention to detail and overall passion for what she does sets Something Social apart from all the rest! Hiring Something Social as our wedding planner allowed my husband and I the time (and sanity) to enjoy our friends, family and each other without worry!

Exceptional Services!!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2014

As a guest at a recent wedding planned by Something Social, I cannot say enough about this company. Between the selection of the venue and the dealings with the vendors, everything about it was top notch! Being a close friend to the Bride, I can vouch for the fact that her... Read More whole experience was exceptional, and was made possible by the planning services handled by Jan and Something Social. She was able to fully enjoy the most important day of her life, to date, without having to worry about anything other than having a good time. I would recommend Something Social to anyone in need of wedding planning services. She streamlines the whole process and takes the headache out of what is intended to be a memorable experience.

New Year's Eve Wedding

Reviewed on 10/16/2014

My wife Melissa and I work very hectic schedules so we knew right after we got engaged that we’d need the help of a planner. Jan assisted us with selecting our venue and vendors and most importantly keeping Melissa calm on our wedding day. She was there in the morning to... Read More ensure everything ran smooth and stayed through the end of the night. Our Wedding would not have been as enjoyable without Jan’s help and expertise.

Hiring Jan will be the best decision you make about your wedding besides getting married.

Reviewed on 10/15/2014 Ariel H

I can't say enough about Jan and Something Social; she went above and beyond our wildest expectations in every way possible. I’m not sure our wedding would have happened if it hadn't been for Jan. Not that I wouldn't have gotten married, but I think I would have gotten... Read More overwhelmed and eloped. Jan was there for us during every step of the way. She is professional, cheerful, organized, and sweet. She was able to get along with three very different personalities, with great ease; myself, my mom, and my now husband. I never worried about anything to do with my wedding when Jan was around. A few people told me on my wedding day that I was the most calm bride they had ever seen, and that is solely because I knew that if anything went wrong Jan would handle it. In fact I learned the next day that one of our vendors had been late, and that the whole day was slightly rearranged accordingly, but I had no idea. If you are considering hiring Something Social, do it, it will be the best decision you make about your wedding besides getting married.

Something Social Will Make Your Life Easier

Reviewed on 9/29/2014 Barbara L

We hired Something Social to provide day-of-coordination for our September 13th wedding at Bear Mountain, and we are so glad we did! Something Social helped ease a lot of the stress during our planning process, and made sure we didn’t have to worry about a thing the day of our... Read More wedding. Jan is a problem-solver with a can-do attitude. Things that would keep me up at night, I could mention to Jan and she would be able to come up with a solution that would put the least amount of burden on me. This often meant more work for her and her team, which she never hesitated to take on. Jan was also always quick to respond, and was always on top of everything—she never failed to follow-up with me or a vendor to resolve remaining issues. Most importantly, on our wedding day itself, Jan and her assistant Jackie were awesome! They had a TON of décor to set-up, in multiple locations, and not much time (due to venue restrictions)—not only did they have it done in time, but it was PERFECT! Jan and Jackie had everything set-up exactly how I had imagined it! They worked incredibly hard the whole day, but always stayed calm and friendly. Aside from the rain, nothing went wrong my entire wedding day thanks to Jan! I would recommend her and Something Social to anyone who is looking for any level of planning services!

Reviewed on 6/26/2014 Faith B

Jan is wonderful. I cannot recommend her enough. We hired her as our day-of coordinator. Since we were having our wedding at a family home, I knew we'd need someone to keep all the moving parts running smoothly and to help keep me organized (and not a crazy stress-ball). Jan did... Read More all of that and more. She was always willing to help me out looking for vendors and got me some great quotes. She kept track of all our contracts and worked up a detailed schedule for us and all our vendors. She single-handedly put together all of our centerpieces and was instrumental in getting everything set up on the wedding day. We could not have done it without her and her amazing assistants. They made sure everyone got on the right shuttles at the right time, when we ran out of gin, more appeared practically instantaneously, same when we ran out of ice. No problem was too big for the amazing ladies of Something Social. We cannot thank Jan and her team enough for helping us put together the best day ever.

One of the best choices I made for my wedding!

Reviewed on 6/13/2014 Rani T

I don’t even have the words to say what an exceptional job Jan did for my wedding! We had an Indian wedding for over 300 people and Jan was able to keep the wedding moving along so smoothly from beginning to end without any stress. I had searched for and contacted several... Read More wedding coordinators prior to choosing Jan. I wanted a day-of coordinator, but the quotes that I was being offered was just way to high. However, Jan’s quote was not only very reasonable, but the services she offered were far more extensive than the others. She always responded in a timely manner and offered valuable advice throughout the planning process. Thanks to her, I was able to get my makeup artist, florist, and limo service through her referrals. She worked very well with all the different vendors we had, the priest, our guests, and my family. My family and bridal party were very impressed with the way she handled everything. She was honest, personable, and flexible from the very beginning. She can identify obstacles ahead of time and find appropriate solutions for it with ease. Jan definitely went beyond my expectations! I highly recommend Jan and hope to have her help me out with future events!

Something Social 5 Stars!

Reviewed on 11/25/2013

Something Social was truly a saving grace on my wedding day. As the nerves were approaching Jan was excellent at handling all the vendors and last minute details. Prior to the wedding Jan created a budget for me and worked on all planning details to keep everything on track. She... Read More did a wonderful job at creating my table arrangements and guest book (unique idea she created). I would recommend her for other parties as well. Something Social truly made my day so much easier.

Jan is great!

Reviewed on 8/26/2013 Catherine G

Jan was a great help to me. She is very organized and super understanding. Very easy to work with and she knows exactly what is needed and require. She has great ideas and works great with budgets.

Reviewed on 8/26/2013 Chelsea B

Working with Jan and Something Social was one of the best decisions we made for planning our wedding. She helped mold our vision of the perfect wedding and created something even more spectacular than we could have imagined. She even saved us a lot of money by putting together... Read More the most beautiful isle flower arrangements and cocktail hour centerpieces we have ever seen. The little touches she created for us were extremely unique and completely out of the ordinary. Everything she put her hands on was part of the unending compliments we received from our guests. We are forever grateful to Jan and Something Social for making this planning experience so beautiful, easy, and fun for us. A special thanks to Jan and Alexandra for organizing, decorating, and being our wedding day guardian angels. I did one thing right, by choosing to use Something Social, so everything turned out right!

Best choice!

Reviewed on 8/20/2013 Renata L

Jan was amazing and I would highly recommend her for any wedding. Small or large. I met with a few coordinators before I chose Something Social, and so happy I did! Jan did everything from helping the photographer with lighting, fixing my heel tip when it broke within 5 min,... Read More running to store to get medicine for a guest with an allergy reaction and most importantly checking everything to make sure all flowers,escort cards, programs, etc were set up. She was there at the hotel to make sure everything was running on time, and then headed over to the venue to make sure all was perfect! Jan is great at what she does and will work with you to make your day special and as stress free as possible! Highly, highly recommend!

Amazing Wedding Planner!! Hire Something Social =)

Reviewed on 8/13/2013 Sandra M

Jan was by far well beyond what I expected in a wedding planner. She sent me emails to keep me on track with my planning, was extremely quick to respond to emails and most importantly always put my opinion first. Prior to the wedding, she asked all the right questions and... Read More planned for things I wouldn't have even thought about. She was extremely calm and did a fantastic job keeping me calm and that was all before the actual wedding day. On my wedding day, I fell behind schedule and Jan made sure things ran so smoothly that it went unnoticed. Whenever I needed something, she was right there to make sure whatever I needed got done. At the end of the night, my husband had hired a rolls royce for our sparkler exit and it arrived 25 minutes late. I had no idea about this issue and all that went in to making sure that this didn't ruin the night. Jan was on top of it and I found out 2 minutes before the car arrived at which point it was no longer an issue. She was on top of everything and the night went off without a hitch, as far as I knew. Any and all unexpected issues, Jan made sure to clear up and fix. A huge thank you to Jan for making my wedding night perfect =) Brides: I am a crazy overplanner and a control freak, yet the day of my wedding I was able to let the reins go and had no problem because Jan was making sure everything was being done the way I wanted. Do yourselves a favor and hire Something Social for your wedding.

Excellent Coordination

Reviewed on 7/31/2013

For our daughter’s wedding in New Jersey, we had a significant logistical challenge since she and her fiancé live in San Francisco and the groom’s family is from the Chicago area. We were the point people for all the planning and as the wedding drew closer we realized we needed... Read More help with “day of” coordination so that we could be enjoy the wedding. We interviewed several wedding planners and chose Jan Stephens and Something Social. She was terrific to work with - well organized and responsive to all of our inquiries. She was also sensitive to the fact that we had developed relationships with all of our vendors throughout the year of planning and complemented what we already had in place – she did not come in and “take over” but developed a productive partnership with us. We worked very well together during the month leading up to the wedding. She developed a detailed timeline for all vendors including transportation for 90 out of state guests who needed to get from the hotel to the church, back to the hotel and to/from the reception. She gave us access to her planning tool so we could update it with details we felt were important. When the day arrived, everything went off like clockwork and we had a terrific time at our daughter’s wedding. Jan and her team handled all the details perfectly. We are so happy we found her to help us with this important event.