A boutique planning company

Hi Happy Couple! A big Congratulations from Something Social! Please visit my website for more information! www.something-social.com. Happy Planning & we can't wait to hear from you! xoxo

$$

Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

180 Summit Avenue, Summit, NJ

Jan is a rockstar!

Reviewed on 10/07/2014 hannah k

Seriously I can't say enough how thankful I am to have Jan by my side on my wedding day. My wedding was in September and I hired her in March. From our first meeting I knew instantly she was THE ONE. I hired her for day of coordination but we were in contact a lot throughout the 7 month planning process. She always answered my emails with all questions I had regarding decor, invitations, etc. I always appreciated having her opinion and it was great to be able to contact her. In the month before the wedding I knew she would have everything completely under control. She created an awesome and extremely detailed timeline for the whole day and emailed it to all my vendors. On the day of the wedding she had everything under control. Her assistant was at the hotel where all our guests were staying making sure everything was good with the shuttles which was great because that was a huge concern of mine. All my other vendors and my wedding party kept coming up to me and telling me how great she was! I knew she was doing a good job since no one was coming to me with any questions/concerns and you have no idea how relieving that is. I am a micromanager but with her I didn't need to be! The most amazing part was when my wedding party arrived at the venue we realized that my phone was left in the limo that was on it's way to hoboken! (We were in Rockleigh, NJ). Jan's assistant drove all the way there and back to get it for me!! Now if that's not dedication, I don't know what is. You guys were great! Thank you so much for making our wedding day fabulous :)

Hiring Jan will be the best decision you make about your wedding besides getting married.

Reviewed on 10/15/2014 Ariel H

I can't say enough about Jan and Something Social; she went above and beyond our wildest expectations in every way possible. I’m not sure our wedding would have happened if it hadn't been for Jan. Not that I wouldn't have gotten married, but I think I would have gotten overwhelmed and eloped. Jan was there for us during every step of the way. She is professional, cheerful, organized, and sweet. She was able to get along with three very different personalities, with great ease; myself, my mom, and my now husband. I never worried about anything to do with my wedding when Jan was around. A few people told me on my wedding day that I was the most calm bride they had ever seen, and that is solely because I knew that if anything went wrong Jan would handle it. In fact I learned the next day that one of our vendors had been late, and that the whole day was slightly rearranged accordingly, but I had no idea. If you are considering hiring Something Social, do it, it will be the best decision you make about your wedding besides getting married.

Hire Something Social for the stress-free wedding of your dreams!

Reviewed on 12/15/2013 Kayleigh R

Aside from saying yes to my husband's proposal, hiring Jan was the best decision I made in the wedding planning process! From the moment my sister and I met Jan (who was kind enough to come meet me in Manhattan close to work), we instantly clicked and I felt as though I had known her forever. Throughout my process, Jan was there to answer a million random questions I had, to keep track of my vendor contracts and payments, to make sure I had taken care of little details I would have never thought of. We were married at a very DIY heavy venue and I had a million ideas about how I wanted to personalize it. Jan was willing to do all of the tasks that made our wedding and venue so personal, including climbing a ladder to hang bunting in our tent! She (along with her fabulous sister, Jackie) set up everything on the morning of the wedding while I was getting ready and enjoying downtime with my girls. I was completely blown away when I saw everything done, it was beyond our dreams. Jan packed everything up at the end of the night so we didn't to worry about cleaning up the next day. Jan is smart, professional, organized, detail-oriented and, most importantly, a great friend. She will take the time to learn your wedding vision so well that she can make decisions for you on the day of, so you can just sit back and relax! Trust me, you need Jan!

Reviewed on 7/23/2015

Jan is AMAZING! It wasn't until 2 months or so before the wedding that I sought out for Jan, when the work was really building up beyond what I could do on my own. Beyond the peace of mind she provided knowing I was in good hands, come the wedding day I really don't know what we would do without her. My wedding felt seamless and it truly felt that as the bride, my happiness was always at the top of her list. I have a personality that leans towards overthinking and worrying when on default, but my wedding day I let it all go to live in the moment and enjoy the ride. I have Jan to thank so much for that since she really helped me relax. Both my family and I agree, we were in good hands with Something Social. Thank you Jan!

We loved working with Jan!

Reviewed on 7/21/2015

My husband and I planned the wedding ourselves and didn't think we needed a wedding planner until a few people suggested that we hire someone to help with the last month and day of the wedding. I'm SO glad we took that advice. Jan was incredible and alleviated so much of our stress. I trusted her completely and she pulled through on every single last detail.

The best friend a bride could ask for...

Reviewed on 2/09/2015 Lyndsey T

Jan is amazing. She is seemingly everywhere and yet is never intrusive or demanding. When my make-up trial felt disastrous, Jan talked me through it. When I asked her for recommendations for other vendors, she always provided several options. When I needed someone to have touchy conversations with other vendors, Jan was right there, acting on my behalf. We interviewed 3 different coordinators, and Jan from Something Social was by far the best. From the moment we met her, we clicked. She provided month-of services for us but her efforts far exceeded the timing outlined in our contract. Jan clearly enjoys what she does, and she's extremely good at it. We could not have asked for a better coordinator! The amount of stress Jan took off of our plates is of immeasurable value. Aside from getting married, hiring Something Social was the best decision we made.

Simply the best!

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Danielle M

Using Something Social to help with our wedding planning was one of the best decisions my husband and I could have made. My only regret is not utilizing Jan and her expertise sooner! Even with some of our plans already in place, Jan was able fit everything together seamlessly and effortlessly. Her attention to detail and overall passion for what she does sets Something Social apart from all the rest! Hiring Something Social as our wedding planner allowed my husband and I the time (and sanity) to enjoy our friends, family and each other without worry!

Exceptional Services!!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2014

As a guest at a recent wedding planned by Something Social, I cannot say enough about this company. Between the selection of the venue and the dealings with the vendors, everything about it was top notch! Being a close friend to the Bride, I can vouch for the fact that her whole experience was exceptional, and was made possible by the planning services handled by Jan and Something Social. She was able to fully enjoy the most important day of her life, to date, without having to worry about anything other than having a good time. I would recommend Something Social to anyone in need of wedding planning services. She streamlines the whole process and takes the headache out of what is intended to be a memorable experience.

New Year's Eve Wedding

Reviewed on 10/16/2014

My wife Melissa and I work very hectic schedules so we knew right after we got engaged that we’d need the help of a planner. Jan assisted us with selecting our venue and vendors and most importantly keeping Melissa calm on our wedding day. She was there in the morning to ensure everything ran smooth and stayed through the end of the night. Our Wedding would not have been as enjoyable without Jan’s help and expertise.

Something Social Will Make Your Life Easier

Reviewed on 9/29/2014 Barbara L

We hired Something Social to provide day-of-coordination for our September 13th wedding at Bear Mountain, and we are so glad we did! Something Social helped ease a lot of the stress during our planning process, and made sure we didn’t have to worry about a thing the day of our wedding. Jan is a problem-solver with a can-do attitude. Things that would keep me up at night, I could mention to Jan and she would be able to come up with a solution that would put the least amount of burden on me. This often meant more work for her and her team, which she never hesitated to take on. Jan was also always quick to respond, and was always on top of everything—she never failed to follow-up with me or a vendor to resolve remaining issues. Most importantly, on our wedding day itself, Jan and her assistant Jackie were awesome! They had a TON of décor to set-up, in multiple locations, and not much time (due to venue restrictions)—not only did they have it done in time, but it was PERFECT! Jan and Jackie had everything set-up exactly how I had imagined it! They worked incredibly hard the whole day, but always stayed calm and friendly. Aside from the rain, nothing went wrong my entire wedding day thanks to Jan! I would recommend her and Something Social to anyone who is looking for any level of planning services!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 6/26/2014 Faith B

Jan is wonderful. I cannot recommend her enough. We hired her as our day-of coordinator. Since we were having our wedding at a family home, I knew we'd need someone to keep all the moving parts running smoothly and to help keep me organized (and not a crazy stress-ball). Jan did all of that and more. She was always willing to help me out looking for vendors and got me some great quotes. She kept track of all our contracts and worked up a detailed schedule for us and all our vendors. She single-handedly put together all of our centerpieces and was instrumental in getting everything set up on the wedding day. We could not have done it without her and her amazing assistants. They made sure everyone got on the right shuttles at the right time, when we ran out of gin, more appeared practically instantaneously, same when we ran out of ice. No problem was too big for the amazing ladies of Something Social. We cannot thank Jan and her team enough for helping us put together the best day ever.

One of the best choices I made for my wedding!

Reviewed on 6/13/2014 Rani T

I don’t even have the words to say what an exceptional job Jan did for my wedding! We had an Indian wedding for over 300 people and Jan was able to keep the wedding moving along so smoothly from beginning to end without any stress. I had searched for and contacted several wedding coordinators prior to choosing Jan. I wanted a day-of coordinator, but the quotes that I was being offered was just way to high. However, Jan’s quote was not only very reasonable, but the services she offered were far more extensive than the others. She always responded in a timely manner and offered valuable advice throughout the planning process. Thanks to her, I was able to get my makeup artist, florist, and limo service through her referrals. She worked very well with all the different vendors we had, the priest, our guests, and my family. My family and bridal party were very impressed with the way she handled everything. She was honest, personable, and flexible from the very beginning. She can identify obstacles ahead of time and find appropriate solutions for it with ease. Jan definitely went beyond my expectations! I highly recommend Jan and hope to have her help me out with future events!

Something Social 5 Stars!

Reviewed on 11/25/2013

Something Social was truly a saving grace on my wedding day. As the nerves were approaching Jan was excellent at handling all the vendors and last minute details. Prior to the wedding Jan created a budget for me and worked on all planning details to keep everything on track. She did a wonderful job at creating my table arrangements and guest book (unique idea she created). I would recommend her for other parties as well. Something Social truly made my day so much easier.

Jan is great!

Reviewed on 8/26/2013 Catherine G

Jan was a great help to me. She is very organized and super understanding. Very easy to work with and she knows exactly what is needed and require. She has great ideas and works great with budgets.

BEST DECISION OF OUR ENTIRE WEDDING

Reviewed on 8/26/2013 Chelsea B

Working with Jan and Something Social was one of the best decisions we made for planning our wedding. She helped mold our vision of the perfect wedding and created something even more spectacular than we could have imagined. She even saved us a lot of money by putting together the most beautiful isle flower arrangements and cocktail hour centerpieces we have ever seen. The little touches she created for us were extremely unique and completely out of the ordinary. Everything she put her hands on was part of the unending compliments we received from our guests. We are forever grateful to Jan and Something Social for making this planning experience so beautiful, easy, and fun for us. A special thanks to Jan and Alexandra for organizing, decorating, and being our wedding day guardian angels. I did one thing right, by choosing to use Something Social, so everything turned out right!

Best choice!

Reviewed on 8/20/2013 Renata L

Jan was amazing and I would highly recommend her for any wedding. Small or large. I met with a few coordinators before I chose Something Social, and so happy I did! Jan did everything from helping the photographer with lighting, fixing my heel tip when it broke within 5 min, running to store to get medicine for a guest with an allergy reaction and most importantly checking everything to make sure all flowers,escort cards, programs, etc were set up. She was there at the hotel to make sure everything was running on time, and then headed over to the venue to make sure all was perfect! Jan is great at what she does and will work with you to make your day special and as stress free as possible! Highly, highly recommend!

Amazing Wedding Planner!! Hire Something Social =)

Reviewed on 8/13/2013 Sandra M

Jan was by far well beyond what I expected in a wedding planner. She sent me emails to keep me on track with my planning, was extremely quick to respond to emails and most importantly always put my opinion first. Prior to the wedding, she asked all the right questions and planned for things I wouldn't have even thought about. She was extremely calm and did a fantastic job keeping me calm and that was all before the actual wedding day. On my wedding day, I fell behind schedule and Jan made sure things ran so smoothly that it went unnoticed. Whenever I needed something, she was right there to make sure whatever I needed got done. At the end of the night, my husband had hired a rolls royce for our sparkler exit and it arrived 25 minutes late. I had no idea about this issue and all that went in to making sure that this didn't ruin the night. Jan was on top of it and I found out 2 minutes before the car arrived at which point it was no longer an issue. She was on top of everything and the night went off without a hitch, as far as I knew. Any and all unexpected issues, Jan made sure to clear up and fix. A huge thank you to Jan for making my wedding night perfect =) Brides: I am a crazy overplanner and a control freak, yet the day of my wedding I was able to let the reins go and had no problem because Jan was making sure everything was being done the way I wanted. Do yourselves a favor and hire Something Social for your wedding.

Excellent Coordination

Reviewed on 7/31/2013

For our daughter’s wedding in New Jersey, we had a significant logistical challenge since she and her fiancé live in San Francisco and the groom’s family is from the Chicago area. We were the point people for all the planning and as the wedding drew closer we realized we needed help with “day of” coordination so that we could be enjoy the wedding. We interviewed several wedding planners and chose Jan Stephens and Something Social. She was terrific to work with - well organized and responsive to all of our inquiries. She was also sensitive to the fact that we had developed relationships with all of our vendors throughout the year of planning and complemented what we already had in place – she did not come in and “take over” but developed a productive partnership with us. We worked very well together during the month leading up to the wedding. She developed a detailed timeline for all vendors including transportation for 90 out of state guests who needed to get from the hotel to the church, back to the hotel and to/from the reception. She gave us access to her planning tool so we could update it with details we felt were important. When the day arrived, everything went off like clockwork and we had a terrific time at our daughter’s wedding. Jan and her team handled all the details perfectly. We are so happy we found her to help us with this important event.

June 1, 2013 wedding

Reviewed on 6/16/2013 karley h

Jan from Something Social was amazing. She was very flexible and helpful through our entire wedding planning experience. Our initial meeting was in my home, she gave me great ideas and made great suggestions. The most important service that Something Social provided was the day of coordination of my ceremony and reception. We had an unconventional wedding location and without Something Social's help, I don't think the day would have been a success. Thanks again!

Something Social is awesome!

Reviewed on 6/06/2013 Kristen H

Jan is a great wedding planner! She was the first one we met with, and we pretty much hired her on the spot without meeting anyone else. Her passion, friendliness, and professionalism impressed us right away. Jan kept us organized, was so attentive with every detail, helped negotiate vendor contracts, kept us on track with all wedding tasks, and is also creative. She went above and beyond with our wedding! She even made our cute table numbers! Everything ran smoothly the day of and the year of planning was easy because of her! She is someone who truly cares for her clients and really makes a connection with the bride and groom! Jan is not only a wedding planner but a friend too! She will be there for all the wedding drama and will listen to you complain, cry, scream because she cares! I highly recommend her for any type of event especially weddings! You will not be disappointed!

Fantastic!

Reviewed on 6/05/2013 Rachel W

Jan at Something Social is fantastic! She was my day-of wedding coordinator, but she was a big help way before the wedding with recommendations for planning and vendors, organizing, and documenting the schedule for the day. I could enjoy my wedding much more knowing that I had Jan to help make sure everything went smoothly. She's professional, personable, and reliable. Don't hesitate to hire her.

McGrath Wedding 5/4/2013

Reviewed on 5/23/2013 Alison M

Something Social is something special! Jan Stephens and team were so great to work with and we would highly recommend them! We did a lot of the planning ourselves, but were looking for someone to help out along the way, make recommendations, take care of all of the vendor coordination and then take charge day of. Jan and her team exceeded our expectations and we couldn't be happier with our choice! From the moment we met Jan, we connected. She is personable, enthusiastic and professional. She and her team had so many great recommendations, from the smallest details to choosing our wedding vendors (Florist and Officiant - both of whom exceeded our expectations as well) as well as executing everything on our wedding day. They even took care of making sure we didn't leave anything behind at the venue and getting everything to us the next morning. We didn't have to worry about a thing. The day was seamless and we couldn't have done it with them! We would absolutely recommend them!

Something Social guarantees your wedding to be something amazing!

Reviewed on 1/16/2013 Melissa H

Getting married is one of the most wonderful times of your life. It is also one of the most stressful. I know when I'm stressed I tend to forget the little details.Those tiny details make all the difference in the world, and that's where Something Social stands out. I had a New Years Eve wedding, which added a lot more stress to my wedding. Jan put so much time and energy into every detail of the wedding. From handling each vendor, coordinating everyone's schedule for the day, incorporating new year's eve into the theme, and always making sure the bride and groom are taken care of. I never had any doubt or concern during the wedding because she takes care of everything. Her ideas are unique and one of a kind; and she is committed to making it the wedding you've dreamed of your entire life. I would recommend her to anyone who is thinking of hiring a wedding planner.

Amazing Wedding Planner!!!!

Reviewed on 11/12/2012 Adriana S

I would highly recommend Something Social to any bride and groom. Jan is amazing and great to work with. We hired her on Oct 28th and by Nov 11th she found the prefect wedding venue for us. She knew exactly what we were looking for. Jan can defiantly envision anything you want and will do everything to make that vision come true, even work through a hurricane!!! Jan is also extremely professional and is very prompt at responding to emails and any questions we had. I highly recommend Jan!! Thank you Jan for all of your hardwork!!

Fantastic!

Reviewed on 11/10/2012 Matt B

We asked Jan to help out with our day of wedding planning, and she was absolutely fantastic. She was extremely flexible and willing to help out with whatever we felt like we needed to help the day go smoothly. She was always responsive, friendly, and professional, and whatever we asked her to do was taken care of, no questions asked and no worries. Couldn't recommend her more highly!

TO Something Social