Something to Celebrate

Houston, TX

From to-do to I Do

We're regular people with extraordinary skills, helping to create individualized weddings. Let the stress melt away while we take care of whatever you need, customized specifically for your budget and style. Personalized and friendly service -- we love what we do and it shows.

$$$$ – Expensive

Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning

510 Bering Drive, Suite 300, Houston, TX

Lauren Carrillo was AMAZING

Reviewed on 5/16/2014 Kathryn K

I hired Lauren Carrillo with Something to Celebrate to provide some design assistance, help with the floral vendor, and then take over the process as the big day got closer. Lauren was truly a dream to work with - she always goes above and beyond and is always willing to help... Read More out and provide guidance and advice. I still can't even believe how easy the final month leading up to our wedding was! Lauren dealt with all the final confirmations, created an incredibly detailed itinerary (thank goodness!), and was on hand to make sure that everything went as planned. I can honestly say that there wasn't a single thing that went wrong on our wedding day and I give a lot of that credit to Lauren and her assistant, Meagan. I would definitely recommend Lauren to all the future brides! She's just so great!!

Lauren Carrillo saved my sanity!

Reviewed on 4/16/2014 Kirby W

Lauren Carrillo at Something to Celebrate. Lauren was amazing. I did all the planning of my wedding and hired Lauren to help me with the final details two months before my wedding day. She was a lifesaver. She put together an extremely detailed itinerary that she sent to all of... Read More my vendors and my wedding party. At this point, I would have had a panic attack if I had to deal with anymore planning or organizing. Lauren completely took over with the responsibility of managing all of my vendors and did an amazing job. My wedding weekend went off without a hitch. There were no surprises, no disasters; absolutely everything went perfectly. She also stayed at the reception venue all morning to manage the setup. I never had to worry if everything was coming together like I imagined because Lauren was there to make sure all the vendors showed up and did their part. I can't imagine having such an amazing wedding weekend and enjoying every single minute of it, without Lauren. I didn't have to think of anything but the excitement of marrying the most amazing guy ever. Planning a wedding is a lot of stress and work, but looking back all I remember is how grateful I am that I hired Lauren and was able to enjoy my wedding weekend. It all goes by so fast so you don't want to miss the fun by trying to manage it yourself.

Perfect wedding!!!

Reviewed on 4/15/2014 Lisa F

Lauren Carrillo was fabulous. Our wedding day at the houstonian went over without one flaw. Lauren had great ideas for us. This was the best money I could have spent and highly recommend any one else planning a wedding investing in this coordinator. Even my husband, the man... Read More with the budget said we could not have done this on our own. We had a march outdoor wedding, reception inside. It was perfect !!!!

Reviewed on 11/14/2015

We are beyond thankful to our day of coordinator, Lauren Carrillo, for all that she did to make our wedding so wonderful! Lauren provided us with tremendous insight and recommendations and always kept us on-task throughout the wedding planning process. Having Lauren allowed... Read More for my husband and I (and our families) to truly enjoy the day of the wedding by not worrying over logistics or details. I would highly recommend Lauren and the Something to Celebrate team. We were so blessed to have them as our trusted advisors, and I know that their expertise and guidance was a huge reason that our wedding day was so great!

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Kalen W

There are wedding planners and then there is Resha from Something to Celebrate. Absolutely the best money I have ever spent hiring Resha to help me plan my daughter's wedding! As the Mother of the Bride, I knew from the first meeting with Resha I had made an excellent choice.... Read More The wedding was gorgeous and because of Resha, it was a stress free day! To top it all off, we came in way under budget and still had the wedding of my daughter's dreams. I would definitely recommend hiring Resha/STC and will be using her again in the future!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Sara P

At first I wasn't sure about hiring a coordinator, since it is an extra expense, but I'm so glad we did. Our wedding day was perfect, just like I always pictured it and it was thanks to Lauren Carrillo. She takes the time to answer all of your questions with such a positive... Read More attitude. She came to our rehearsal dinner and made sure everyone knew what to do or where to stand, when to walk, etc. She e-mailed such a detailed itinerary to me and to my bridesmaids. Her vendor recommendations were excellent. The day of the wedding I did not worry about a thing, I actually had the day for me to enjoy and relax with all of my bridesmaids. I look back at my wedding day and feel such peace. Everything went smoothly, from the ceremony, to pictures, to dinner, to dancing until the end. She is amazing!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015

Resha was amazing! She was extremely well organized and had all the answers to things I didn't even know to ask. My wedding was perfect and I didn't have to worry about anything on the day of because I knew she was there.

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Erica C

Lauren Carillo with Something to Celebrate was truly a blessing to us!! She was amazing from day one! She has a beautiful soul she's caring, kind and very professional and it shows in her work. Lauren was always there if we needed her, she would answer any questions we had and... Read More she will give us suggestions as well. I truly and strongly recommend Lauren, you can tell she is equip and able to handle anything. She if very organized and had detail timelines for the wedding party as well for the vendors. Everyone loved Lauren she always had a smile on her face and was very kind and direct all of us to where we needed to be to what we needed to do. Our special day was perfect because Lauren made sure everything was in place and everything was taken care of. There is no words to explain how peaceful I felt that day knowing Lauren was there, the only nerves I had was walking down the aisle without tripping. Lauren truly did an amazing job and the peace of mind on such a hectic day for many brides was truly a gift she gave to us.

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Jordan M

I cannot recommended Resha Zazueta from Something to Celebrate highly enough. Truly, she went so far above and beyond for me and my family to make our wedding weekend so incredible, stunning, gorgeous and simply perfect overall. We were all so over the moon with how everything... Read More turned out and I still can’t believe how much hard work, time and effort Resha devoted to our wedding weekend. She completely poured her heart and soul into making sure every single detail was perfect, to anticipate anything that might go wrong, and that we would be happy with how every single thing turned out. She is the most thoughtful, creative, and kind person and is such a joy to work with. It’s clear how much she cares about what she does and how much she genuinely cared that we were happy and that everything went well. I really can’t thank her enough and appreciate every single thing she did for us during the planning process and during the wedding weekend. Months later, I haven’t stopped raving about the wedding weekend – and Resha. “Thank you” really doesn’t do it justice. She is absolutely amazing and I would highly recommend her and Something to Celebrate. If I could rate more than 5 stars, I definitely would!!!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Christina B

We hired Resha as our "day of" wedding coordinator and it was the smartest decision we could have made. Although we had all our vendors in place, it slowly dawned on me that I wouldn't be able to see to it that everything ran smoothly on the wedding day without some help. We... Read More interviewed a couple of wedding coordinators and it was clear from the first meeting that Resha was the perfect choice. She inspired total confidence. She is meticulous and a consummate professional. There are a hundred details to be taken care of on the big day. She thought of things that never even occurred to me. She created a detailed timeline for the rehearsal and the wedding day. She made sure everyone knew where to be and when (wedding party & vendors). Resha ran the rehearsal and she and her assistants made sure every detail of the wedding and reception was perfect. She completely took the burden off my shoulders and I did not have to do a thing but enjoy the day with our family and friends. I highly recommend Resha with Something to Celebrate - she is the best!

Reviewed on 10/19/2015

We hired Resha Zazueta at STC as a day of coordinator for our wedding but she was SO much more than that! Literally, after our first meeting with her, I felt like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders. After each planning session, that weight became almost non-existent.... Read More Resha was always available for questions and gave great feedback and suggestions. She was detailed, organized, efficient and creative. She was prepared for anything that could go wrong on the big day but also so prepared that she was able to keep things from going wrong as well! It is with 100% certainty that our day would not have gone so smoothly had Resha not been there. For that reason, I am forever grateful!

Reviewed on 9/18/2015 Amanda L

I loved working with Lauren! She completely knew how to calm me down and took care of every last detail. Having her handle all of the communication between our vendors took a ton of stress off my shoulders and helped me enjoy the engagement. Not only was Lauren great to me,... Read More but she was equally great to my family.. so much that she even got her own shout out during my Dad's toast! Our reception at the Crystal Ballroom was magical! Our wedding happened to be the weekend with terrible flooding so we had to switch some things last minute and Lauren took care of everything. If you work fulltime like me, I highly recommend a wedding planning service. Lauren will work with your schedule to figure out what type of services you need , even if just for day of. Thank you again Lauren - you are fabulous!

Reviewed on 9/10/2015 Erin B

Lauren Carrillo of STC was absolutely the BEST investment for our wedding and was such a wonderful person to work with!! I started working with Lauren about 9-10 months before our wedding. She helped me plan every little detail so my wedding was everything I hoped for and more.... Read More She also really helped minimize my stress and took care of everything the day of the wedding. My wedding had such a "magical" feel to it - that's the best way I can describe it - all of us felt it (including the guests!!). It was so absolutely perfect and truly the best day of my life. I highly, HIGHLY recommend using STC to coordinate your wedding, and try to get Lauren Carrillo if you can!! She made everything absolutely perfect. Thank you again!! <3 <3 <3 - Erin and Will

Reviewed on 6/22/2015 Nancy B

Resha was our wedding planner for our daughter’s Hill Country Ranch wedding in April 2015. Both the ceremony and reception sites had to be built from the ground up. It was a monumental task and we wouldn’t have trusted it to anyone but Resha. She was also our wedding planner... Read More for our second daughter’s wedding in 2013, so we were well aware of what a miracle worker Resha is. Resha hones in on the bride’s vision and aligns with the right vendors to make the bride’s dream wedding come true. To call Resha a wedding planner doesn’t even begin to describe her attributes – she’s a counselor, idea person, prayer warrior and super hero. We love Resha! Nancy B.

Reviewed on 6/18/2015

You definitely need to hire Something to Celebrate. And specifically Resha Zazueta as your event coordinator. This was our second time to use STC and Resha. Resha is an awesome person to work with. She understands the business and most of all she has a great team to back her... Read More up. My daughter’s wedding was outside at a ranch in the Texas Hill Country. This was a build-it from the ground up event. Resha made it fun and was always there when we hit a snag. As any FOB knows you want everything to go right. I knew we hit the mark when my daughter said to me that it was PERFECT! Thank you very much Resha and also to Megan who assisted the day-of.

Reviewed on 6/08/2015

As Father of the Bride and the one who paid the tab, why can't I give Resha SIX STARS? That's Right, She Deserves SIX STARS! Everything was so fabulous words can't describe and even the pictures don't come close. None of it would have been possible with out the assistance... Read More from Resha. Her ideas, creativity, resources and organization are unmatched. She kept all the moving parts together and all the pieces in place and most importantly kept everyone calm through out the process. This is the second time we have used Resha and god willing I will have the opportunity to use her one more time. Unlike a decorator or a realtor, I will actually miss the time we spent together. She is everything you could ask for in a wedding coordinator and more. Helpful in every way, cheerful always and most importantly will make the Bride always feel special. I would not ever, consider anyone else. Scott Silverman

Reviewed on 6/04/2015

We worked with the talented, hard working, sweet, type A (in a good way) ,organized, organized, and even more organized RESHA! She is an incredible wedding coordinator and an even better person! From the beginning, Resha listened carefully to what we wanted from our wedding... Read More day! She made sure every detail was executed - even if that meant making changes in the 11th hour! She worked with a team of vendors. She maintained a great relationship with them while making sure they each did their part of the reception or ceremony correctly. The day of Resha was one of the best wedding gifts we got. Not only could WE enjoy OUR wedding day - so could our parents, siblings and closest friends. Resha and her team (Aaryn and Patricia) took care of all the pieces from the musicians to the flower girls. All we had to do was sit back and CELEBRATE! Resha and her team are a wonderful asset that will make your wedding day all the more special! Thank you Resha for helping coordinate my dream day and making sure all my wishes came true!!!

Lauren Carrillo is the best!

Reviewed on 3/16/2015

I cannot sing Lauren Carrillo's (Something to Celebrate) wedding planning praises high enough. She was simply amazing in her vendor recommendations and planning expertise. Lauren is a relaxed and calming influence during what can be a stressful time for brides. She so deftly... Read More and capably brought everything together for our wedding at La Colombe d'Or in Houston--in a seemingly effortless fashion. I know that an incredible amount of time, energy, effort, and talent were involved in orchestrating an event with this many moving pieces. Having Lauren at the helm handling all aspects of the evening enabled myself and the rest of my family to enjoy and celebrate without the anxiety and stress that we would have experienced had she not been "running the show." She's simply the best!

Go Resha!

Reviewed on 1/02/2015 Ashley M

I had Resha Zazueta for my wedding coordinator (as did my matron of honor 2 years before - she made that good of an impression) ... best decision I made!! She stepped in and had me organized and on task throughout the entire process (which was not an easy task I'm... Read More sure-wedding planning was not my forte). She kept me up to date on what was needed and when, so when it came to the day I was cool as not worried about a thing planning wise! She took the hard task of keeping everyone in line at the rehearsal (groomsmen can be like herding cats:) and let me just take care of what I needed to be doing. She was so very sweet the entire way and was a complete asset to my wedding day (even though she was miserably sick - you wouldn't have known it). Plus she was able to point me in the right direction for vendors in the area - and was spot on! The day of the wedding everyone in the party commented that there was not one thing that was out of place or went wrong (or if there was, no one noticed - including myself) - absolutely due to her! Do yourself a favor and hire Resha, you wont regret it!

Life saver!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Linda L

I used Megan as my day of wedding coordinator and I must say I'm so glad I did! Everything went smoothly on the day of our wedding! She's very organized and made sure we didn't have to worry about anything so we could enjoy our special day! I would totally recommend her for... Read More any future brides who want a stress free wedding day!

So grateful!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Sarah S

Megan and Something to Celebrate helped my day happen without a hitch. I really would not have been able to pull it off without Megan! From coordinating to timelines to vendor recommendations and then being my right hand the day of, I couldn't asked for more. Oh and I had my... Read More own 2 babies for her to wrangle on top of 14 ppl in our wedding party. I am so very grateful that I found her and that she was exited and available to take on my wedding.

So helpful!

Reviewed on 10/10/2014 Catie B

Lauren was our wedding coordinator from STC and I don't know how I would have gotten through the wedding without her. She was the sweetest person to work with and helped me feel calm about last minute details when I was completely stressed. She had great recommendations for us... Read More on some vendors. We had another planner drop out on us a few months away from the wedding and Lauren happily stepped in and took over. She was so organized and kept all our vendors/family/bridal party informed on the plans for the weekend. She also helped us with some last minute changes the day of and kept everything running smoothly. We really couldn't have pulled the wedding off without her. Love that STC is so organized. We did their day-of coordination package but felt like we received much more than that!

Lauren Carrillo is AMAZING!!!

Reviewed on 10/07/2014

I originally started working with Lauren about a year before our wedding and can't rave about her enough. She is so great at what she does and worth every penny. She is sweet, knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with. The wedding day and night were absolutely perfect thanks to... Read More Lauren's execution of every detail. Everything went off without a hitch. She really listened to me and my husband so she knew what was important to us, what we wanted and it was all there. Not to mention, every single vendor that she recommended was perfect. Throughout the entire process she was right there to answer all my questions and point me in the right direction. She took care of so much and I honestly never felt the stress that I expected to because of her help. Even down to the day of, I was relaxed and able to stay calm and enjoy myself knowing that she was in charge and taking care of everything. The night was better than I had ever imagined and I can’t thank Lauren enough for helping us have an amazing wedding experience. I will definitely recommend her to anyone I know and appreciate her so much!

Resha is wonderful!

Reviewed on 9/23/2014

As mother of the bride, one of my wishes was to have a wedding coordinator. Both my daughter and I were working full time in different cities from the venue and Resha came with high recommendations from other friends who had employed her. She was a perfect fit for us! She... Read More had everything on a timeline and guided us into having the perfect wedding that went so smooth and everyone commented on how well the whole event transpired. I was confident in all of her decisions, she is an expert! In working so closely with someone, we became friends, too. Something I'll always cherish along with the beautiful wedding my daughter had.

Resha Zazueta is amazing!

Reviewed on 9/22/2014 Megan L

14 months ago, after my daughter was proposed to, I knew our first hire would be a wedding coordinator. We interviewed 3 companies and Resha was hands down the clear choice. She had all the qualities we were looking for and my daughter really clicked with her. Throughout all the... Read More months, Resha was always willing to answer any questions we had even if they were "after hours" as most were since my husband and I both work. She steered us in the right direction when we went to her for vendor recommendations. She has been doing this for a while and it shows. She knows her stuff! The day of the wedding was flawless and many guests were commenting on how well they thought the coordinator ran things and how punctual she was. If the itinerary said something was going to happen at 8:32, it happened at 8:32! Working with Resha for 14 months really makes me miss our working relationship, but the friendship we developed will carry on!