From to-do to I Do

We're regular people with extraordinary skills, helping to create individualized weddings. Let the stress melt away while we take care of whatever you need, customized specifically for your budget and style. Personalized and friendly service -- we love what we do and it shows.

$$$

Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning

Lauren Carrillo was AMAZING

Reviewed on 5/16/2014 Kathryn K

I hired Lauren Carrillo with Something to Celebrate to provide some design assistance, help with the floral vendor, and then take over the process as the big day got closer. Lauren was truly a dream to work with - she always goes above and beyond and is always willing to help out and provide guidance and advice. I still can't even believe how easy the final month leading up to our wedding was! Lauren dealt with all the final confirmations, created an incredibly detailed itinerary (thank goodness!), and was on hand to make sure that everything went as planned. I can honestly say that there wasn't a single thing that went wrong on our wedding day and I give a lot of that credit to Lauren and her assistant, Meagan. I would definitely recommend Lauren to all the future brides! She's just so great!!

Lauren Carrillo saved my sanity!

Reviewed on 4/16/2014 Kirby W

Lauren Carrillo at Something to Celebrate. Lauren was amazing. I did all the planning of my wedding and hired Lauren to help me with the final details two months before my wedding day. She was a lifesaver. She put together an extremely detailed itinerary that she sent to all of my vendors and my wedding party. At this point, I would have had a panic attack if I had to deal with anymore planning or organizing. Lauren completely took over with the responsibility of managing all of my vendors and did an amazing job. My wedding weekend went off without a hitch. There were no surprises, no disasters; absolutely everything went perfectly. She also stayed at the reception venue all morning to manage the setup. I never had to worry if everything was coming together like I imagined because Lauren was there to make sure all the vendors showed up and did their part. I can't imagine having such an amazing wedding weekend and enjoying every single minute of it, without Lauren. I didn't have to think of anything but the excitement of marrying the most amazing guy ever. Planning a wedding is a lot of stress and work, but looking back all I remember is how grateful I am that I hired Lauren and was able to enjoy my wedding weekend. It all goes by so fast so you don't want to miss the fun by trying to manage it yourself.

Perfect wedding!!!

Reviewed on 4/15/2014 Lisa F

Lauren Carrillo was fabulous. Our wedding day at the houstonian went over without one flaw. Lauren had great ideas for us. This was the best money I could have spent and highly recommend any one else planning a wedding investing in this coordinator. Even my husband, the man with the budget said we could not have done this on our own. We had a march outdoor wedding, reception inside. It was perfect !!!!

Reviewed on 6/22/2015 Nancy B

Resha was our wedding planner for our daughter’s Hill Country Ranch wedding in April 2015. Both the ceremony and reception sites had to be built from the ground up. It was a monumental task and we wouldn’t have trusted it to anyone but Resha. She was also our wedding planner for our second daughter’s wedding in 2013, so we were well aware of what a miracle worker Resha is. Resha hones in on the bride’s vision and aligns with the right vendors to make the bride’s dream wedding come true. To call Resha a wedding planner doesn’t even begin to describe her attributes – she’s a counselor, idea person, prayer warrior and super hero. We love Resha! Nancy B.

Reviewed on 6/18/2015

You definitely need to hire Something to Celebrate. And specifically Resha Zazueta as your event coordinator. This was our second time to use STC and Resha. Resha is an awesome person to work with. She understands the business and most of all she has a great team to back her up. My daughter’s wedding was outside at a ranch in the Texas Hill Country. This was a build-it from the ground up event. Resha made it fun and was always there when we hit a snag. As any FOB knows you want everything to go right. I knew we hit the mark when my daughter said to me that it was PERFECT! Thank you very much Resha and also to Megan who assisted the day-of.

Reviewed on 6/08/2015

As Father of the Bride and the one who paid the tab, why can't I give Resha SIX STARS? That's Right, She Deserves SIX STARS! Everything was so fabulous words can't describe and even the pictures don't come close. None of it would have been possible with out the assistance from Resha. Her ideas, creativity, resources and organization are unmatched. She kept all the moving parts together and all the pieces in place and most importantly kept everyone calm through out the process. This is the second time we have used Resha and god willing I will have the opportunity to use her one more time. Unlike a decorator or a realtor, I will actually miss the time we spent together. She is everything you could ask for in a wedding coordinator and more. Helpful in every way, cheerful always and most importantly will make the Bride always feel special. I would not ever, consider anyone else. Scott Silverman

Reviewed on 6/04/2015

We worked with the talented, hard working, sweet, type A (in a good way) ,organized, organized, and even more organized RESHA! She is an incredible wedding coordinator and an even better person! From the beginning, Resha listened carefully to what we wanted from our wedding day! She made sure every detail was executed - even if that meant making changes in the 11th hour! She worked with a team of vendors. She maintained a great relationship with them while making sure they each did their part of the reception or ceremony correctly. The day of Resha was one of the best wedding gifts we got. Not only could WE enjoy OUR wedding day - so could our parents, siblings and closest friends. Resha and her team (Aaryn and Patricia) took care of all the pieces from the musicians to the flower girls. All we had to do was sit back and CELEBRATE! Resha and her team are a wonderful asset that will make your wedding day all the more special! Thank you Resha for helping coordinate my dream day and making sure all my wishes came true!!!

Lauren Carrillo is the best!

Reviewed on 3/16/2015

I cannot sing Lauren Carrillo's (Something to Celebrate) wedding planning praises high enough. She was simply amazing in her vendor recommendations and planning expertise. Lauren is a relaxed and calming influence during what can be a stressful time for brides. She so deftly and capably brought everything together for our wedding at La Colombe d'Or in Houston--in a seemingly effortless fashion. I know that an incredible amount of time, energy, effort, and talent were involved in orchestrating an event with this many moving pieces. Having Lauren at the helm handling all aspects of the evening enabled myself and the rest of my family to enjoy and celebrate without the anxiety and stress that we would have experienced had she not been "running the show." She's simply the best!

Go Resha!

Reviewed on 1/02/2015 Ashley M

I had Resha Zazueta for my wedding coordinator (as did my matron of honor 2 years before - she made that good of an impression) ... best decision I made!! She stepped in and had me organized and on task throughout the entire process (which was not an easy task I'm sure-wedding planning was not my forte). She kept me up to date on what was needed and when, so when it came to the day I was cool as not worried about a thing planning wise! She took the hard task of keeping everyone in line at the rehearsal (groomsmen can be like herding cats:) and let me just take care of what I needed to be doing. She was so very sweet the entire way and was a complete asset to my wedding day (even though she was miserably sick - you wouldn't have known it). Plus she was able to point me in the right direction for vendors in the area - and was spot on! The day of the wedding everyone in the party commented that there was not one thing that was out of place or went wrong (or if there was, no one noticed - including myself) - absolutely due to her! Do yourself a favor and hire Resha, you wont regret it!

Life saver!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Linda L

I used Megan as my day of wedding coordinator and I must say I'm so glad I did! Everything went smoothly on the day of our wedding! She's very organized and made sure we didn't have to worry about anything so we could enjoy our special day! I would totally recommend her for any future brides who want a stress free wedding day!

So grateful!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Sarah S

Megan and Something to Celebrate helped my day happen without a hitch. I really would not have been able to pull it off without Megan! From coordinating to timelines to vendor recommendations and then being my right hand the day of, I couldn't asked for more. Oh and I had my own 2 babies for her to wrangle on top of 14 ppl in our wedding party. I am so very grateful that I found her and that she was exited and available to take on my wedding.

So helpful!

Reviewed on 10/10/2014 Catie B

Lauren was our wedding coordinator from STC and I don't know how I would have gotten through the wedding without her. She was the sweetest person to work with and helped me feel calm about last minute details when I was completely stressed. She had great recommendations for us on some vendors. We had another planner drop out on us a few months away from the wedding and Lauren happily stepped in and took over. She was so organized and kept all our vendors/family/bridal party informed on the plans for the weekend. She also helped us with some last minute changes the day of and kept everything running smoothly. We really couldn't have pulled the wedding off without her. Love that STC is so organized. We did their day-of coordination package but felt like we received much more than that!

Lauren Carrillo is AMAZING!!!

Reviewed on 10/07/2014

I originally started working with Lauren about a year before our wedding and can't rave about her enough. She is so great at what she does and worth every penny. She is sweet, knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with. The wedding day and night were absolutely perfect thanks to Lauren's execution of every detail. Everything went off without a hitch. She really listened to me and my husband so she knew what was important to us, what we wanted and it was all there. Not to mention, every single vendor that she recommended was perfect. Throughout the entire process she was right there to answer all my questions and point me in the right direction. She took care of so much and I honestly never felt the stress that I expected to because of her help. Even down to the day of, I was relaxed and able to stay calm and enjoy myself knowing that she was in charge and taking care of everything. The night was better than I had ever imagined and I can’t thank Lauren enough for helping us have an amazing wedding experience. I will definitely recommend her to anyone I know and appreciate her so much!

Resha is wonderful!

Reviewed on 9/23/2014

As mother of the bride, one of my wishes was to have a wedding coordinator. Both my daughter and I were working full time in different cities from the venue and Resha came with high recommendations from other friends who had employed her. She was a perfect fit for us! She had everything on a timeline and guided us into having the perfect wedding that went so smooth and everyone commented on how well the whole event transpired. I was confident in all of her decisions, she is an expert! In working so closely with someone, we became friends, too. Something I'll always cherish along with the beautiful wedding my daughter had.

Resha Zazueta is amazing!

Reviewed on 9/22/2014 Megan L

14 months ago, after my daughter was proposed to, I knew our first hire would be a wedding coordinator. We interviewed 3 companies and Resha was hands down the clear choice. She had all the qualities we were looking for and my daughter really clicked with her. Throughout all the months, Resha was always willing to answer any questions we had even if they were "after hours" as most were since my husband and I both work. She steered us in the right direction when we went to her for vendor recommendations. She has been doing this for a while and it shows. She knows her stuff! The day of the wedding was flawless and many guests were commenting on how well they thought the coordinator ran things and how punctual she was. If the itinerary said something was going to happen at 8:32, it happened at 8:32! Working with Resha for 14 months really makes me miss our working relationship, but the friendship we developed will carry on!

Resha Zazueta is amazing!!

Reviewed on 9/04/2014 Ann P

Resha Zazueta from Something to Celebrate is absoultely amazing ! I hired her as my month of planner for my wedding, and it was the best decision I could have made. A month before the wedding she took everything off my hands and I did not have to worry about a single thing. She contacted all my vendors and made sure everything was exactly they way it should be and got everything in order for us. She had a detailed itinerary for the flow of the wedding and it made me feel very confident in her because there was a plan for everything. The day of the wedding was flawless, if there were any mistakes, I didn't notice at all. Everything ran very smoothly. Resha and her assistant were there when I needed and had everything running so well, and I didn't need to do a single thing. I would highly recommend Resha, she's the best!

The absolute best!

Reviewed on 8/18/2014

I worked with Resha at Something to Celebrate and she did an absolutely amazing job coordinating my wedding. It has been two weeks since the big day and I am still receiving compliments about how amazing my wedding was. Resha was on top of things that I would never have even thought of and she was able to direct me towards vendors who were amazing as well. She took care of every detail leading up to the wedding so that I would not be stressed, and handled everything flawlessly. I could not have asked for a more perfect wedding day. Thanks Something to Celebrate!

Something To Celebrate

Reviewed on 8/15/2014 Ashley M

Resha from Something To Celebrate was amazing. She was always available to assist in the planning leading up to and had great recommendations. On the day of I was shocked at how much she took care of for us. The reception went smoother than I could have imagined and everyone commented on how well it all flowed. I would highly recommend Resha to others.

Resha Zazueta was amazing!!!

Reviewed on 8/14/2014 Mogdeh M

I highly recommend this vendor! If you want experience and professionalism. Resha was so great at helping guide me to make great decisions without being to forceful. Perfect professional and cute personality! A total life saver in stressful situations! LOVE!

Outstanding Service!

Reviewed on 8/14/2014 Matthew M

We hired Resha 8 months before our wedding. She was amazing. She helped us get everything taken care of on time and helped everything run smoothly. Come wedding day, everything went off without a hitch and we owe it all to Resha!

Lauren was fantastic!!!!

Reviewed on 7/27/2014 Anne S

Something to Celebrate should be your go to for wedding planners in Houston! Lauren Carillo was absolutely amazing and made the entire wedding planning process easy. She is incredibly organized, sweet, creative...just perfect! The value of what you pay for the services is a steal. I 100% recommend everyone give them a call!

Something to Celebrate is the Best in Houston!

Reviewed on 7/21/2014 Angela d

Lauren made our wedding happen and we are so thankful for her calmness, preparedness and assertiveness. She provided a voice of reason and our wedding day truly was planned to perfection. One of my favorite things about Lauren was the way she treated everyone on the day of our wedding with kindness and patience. I felt confident giving up control of the details the day of my wedding knowing Lauren was in charge. Throughout the planning process, she was so responsive, joyful and willing to help! I will miss working with her!

Lauren Carrillo at Something to Celebrate :)

Reviewed on 6/11/2014 Inbar S

I had the chance to come in contact with Lauren Carrillo about 3 months before our wedding. My father found information on Something to Celebrate by looking at "The Knot," and told me he immediately found Lauren pleasant to talk to on the phone. From the moment I called her, she was already able to calm me down about the planning process, and I felt like she understood what I wanted to convey. On top of this, her comments were so supportive, and she seemed motivated to want to make the wedding what my (now husband) and I wanted it to be like - her primary goal was to make sure we got what we wanted. Lauren was awesome throughout the process! The package I had asked for was coordinating for the 10 days before, and also for vendor liaison - which I'm so thankful I did. Lauren did an amazing job at making contact with all of our vendors, making sure that everyone knew what would be going on, where they needed to be at what time, and also went out of her way with making sure all of our contracts were in order, and that everything was ready :) Our wedding day was beautiful. Everything went the way we had wanted it to, and not only my husband and I, but the bridal party and even some of our guests commented on how sweet, helpful, and pleasant Lauren was. (Lauren brought her assistant too, who was also very kind and helpful - I apologize I do not remember her name). Lauren was a lot of fun to work with, and after the wedding was over, I even began to miss the daily emails I had with her throughout the process of wedding planning. I would very highly recommend this company (and Lauren specifically) - I thought the help we received was definitely worth the cost, and I don't know how we could have done this without her!

Resha, A Truly Fabulous Wedding Coordinator!

Reviewed on 1/26/2014 Jennifer E

Resha and I clicked from the first time I met her. She has a great personality and is definintely a go-getter. Resha truly listened to what I wanted in my 'perfect' wedding and with her experience and creativity, we ended up with a wedding day beyond all expectations. Resha managed to make our wedding day as stress free as it could get and the flow of the day was impressive to everyone! The experience we managed to have in the overall planning and the wedding day itself was truly unforgettable and we are so grateful to Resha and the whole team for putting it all together!

Suzanne Naseman/Mother of the Bride

Reviewed on 11/19/2013 Suzanne N

Something to Celebrate provided all the services needed to result in the most beautiful wedding my daughter and son-in-law could have ever had!!! From the initial interview with Lauren, our wedding planner, to the final minutes following the wedding reception, I truly know we made the best choice in selecting Something to Celebrate to plan, offer advice, and execute all tasks regarding the wedding! Lauren was so helpful in offering ideas, advice, meeting with us at our convenience! The wedding itinerary and coordination of all vendors was perfect - thanks to Lauren! I never felt like I was "just a customer"! Something to Celebrate offered the that personal touch needed to ensure that my daughter and son-in-law had the wedding of their dreams!

TO Something to Celebrate