From to-do to I Do

We're regular people with extraordinary skills, helping to create individualized weddings. Let the stress melt away while we take care of whatever you need, customized specifically for your budget and style. Personalized and friendly service -- we love what we do and it shows.

Destination Wedding Planning, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning

4265 San Felipe, Suite 1100, Houston, TX (713) 352-7455

Reviewed on 6/08/2016 Lindsey B

If I had it all to do over again - I would pick Resha every time, no questions asked. Resha and the team at Something to Celebrate made our special day a BREEZE. My husband and I are both lawyers so we are both detail oriented, but very short on time, so we left a lot of the... Read More details up to Resha. She took the time to get to know both of us (as individuals and as a couple) and the wedding (a formal, intimate wedding in the museum district) was exactly what we hoped for! She went above and beyond and made us both feel very comfortable - and through the process has become a friend. We are forever grateful.

Reviewed on 3/09/2016 Lindsey S

Resha Zazueta was beyond amazing and totally unbelievable. I loved working with her and she made everything easy and organized. She had the most wonderful vendors and team on the day of. I was not stressed at all for our reception in Texas. We had three events in three... Read More different cities and she was by far the best. She helped me beyond anything I could imagine and became a friend. I wish I would have had her do all of my events!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Erica C

Lauren Carillo with Something to Celebrate was truly a blessing to us!! She was amazing from day one! She has a beautiful soul she's caring, kind and very professional and it shows in her work. Lauren was always there if we needed her, she would answer any questions we had and... Read More she will give us suggestions as well. I truly and strongly recommend Lauren, you can tell she is equip and able to handle anything. She if very organized and had detail timelines for the wedding party as well for the vendors. Everyone loved Lauren she always had a smile on her face and was very kind and direct all of us to where we needed to be to what we needed to do. Our special day was perfect because Lauren made sure everything was in place and everything was taken care of. There is no words to explain how peaceful I felt that day knowing Lauren was there, the only nerves I had was walking down the aisle without tripping. Lauren truly did an amazing job and the peace of mind on such a hectic day for many brides was truly a gift she gave to us.

Reviewed on 11/29/2017 Marla L

If you are looking for a detailed planner - Resha is the one for you. Words cannot explain how thrilled we were to have hired Resha Zazueta. She went above and beyond for us to accomplish my daughter's dream wedding. She remained confident and calm throughout the planning time... Read More and ensured the wedding went smoothly from start to finish. What can you say about a planner who gets under the table and sews/repairs the bustle of your daughters wedding dress - that is truly going the extra mile. I made several changes throughout the process and even a big change the last week and it was handled with professionalism. She was able to keep me and my daughter on a timeline and was always very helpful with decisions at our meetings. Resha is organized, detailed, calm and professional and these are the qualities are at the utmost importance when planning a wedding at the way down to the execution on the day. She was absolutely instrumental in making my daughters dream wedding come true. Please don't hesitate to hire her as your planner!

Reviewed on 11/27/2017 Megan R

I can't imagine planning a wedding without Resha! From vendor recommendations, to decor ideas, budgeting help, and to keeping us on track, she is a total expert. Our wedding was absolutely stunning and an absolute blast. Everything ran so smoothly and we know this was because of... Read More Resha. We are so sad our wedding is over because it means we no longer send her millions of emails!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Clayton L

Lauren Carrillo was the planner for our wedding, and my wife and I couldn't be happier. Lauren has everything you could want in a planner: attention to detail, experience and focus, and an way of putting you at ease. She went above and beyond in making our day truly special, and... Read More it was clear to us that she cared about making sure we were happy. We would recommend Lauren and Something to Celebrate to anyone looking to have a seamless, easy-going experience that ensures your wedding is exactly as you imagine it.

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Kristin N

I wasn’t sure I could afford a Day-of-Coordinator, but hiring Lauren Carrillo was one of the best decisions I made. My parents are older and frail and I didn’t want any wedding stress falling on their shoulders. Lauren took care of so many details and she was a critical part... Read More of our reception coming off smoothly and - most importantly - making it a stress-free day for my family and I. You can absolutely trust Lauren with this important responsibility - she is calm, in control, experienced and resourceful.

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Isabel F

There aren't enough words to describe how fantastic Lauren Carrillo is! She has exceptional personal qualities that make her an amazing wedding planner. She is kind, patient, extremely organized, attentive, punctual and hardworking, which made me and my fiancé (now husband!)... Read More feel completely at ease and happy to have her on our team. She provided an amazingly detailed planning timeline, recommended wonderful vendors, did not hesitate to answer our endless questions, gave us plenty of guidance and advice every time we needed it, and coordinated our wedding day so seamlessly that it was perfect from start to finish. Lauren will truly do whatever it takes to make your special day a stress-free experience you will never forget. We couldn’t recommend her more highly! Thank you so much for everything, Lauren! :)

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Kristen M

Lauren Carrillo was the best wedding planner ever. The entire process was so smooth and seamless as she helped us plan every aspect of our wedding from start to finish. We had many unique details to our wedding, and Lauren was so game to figure out how to make our slightly... Read More non-traditional ideas work flawlessly and we could not be more grateful to her for that. She also helped us find the best vendors and helped us make the best design decisions. When wedding day came, Lauren took care of every single detail so there were no last-minute issues. The day was so stress-free because she took care of everything and I'm so thankful I could just focus on being present & enjoying the day. She is organized, efficient and just a beautiful person inside and out. Hiring Lauren will be the best decision you make (besides getting married, of course :)!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017

Hiring Something to Celebrate was the best thing I could've done! Resha was amazing! She kept me organized, on budget, attended meetings with vendors with me, offered helpful suggestions and creative ideas and helped me with contracts. She was organized, professional, timely,... Read More creative, and we formed a personal friendship that i know will last. I was able to enjoy my daughter's wedding day with my daughter and my family knowing that Resha was in charge AND on hand. If given the opportunity again, Resha will definitely be the first phone call i make!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Ashley B

I am so thankful that we had Resha by our sides every step of the way in planning a very detailed fairytale! Resha made sure we were on track during the planning process with her extremely helpful spreadsheets. On our wedding day, I truly felt so much more at ease knowing she... Read More was there with us and by our side because I knew that Resha would tell us where to be and when, everything would be done in an extremely timely fashion and executed with the utmost professionalism. We were beyond thrilled and are so thankful for all that she did. We do consider Resha part of our family now!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Paige K

Resha Zazueta planned and designed our Houston wedding for us — an additionally demanding task since we live in San Francisco. She had a reliable and immediate line of communication always available, which was especially important to us. Throughout the process, Resha was... Read More patient, resourceful, detail-oriented, and flexible when it came to assisting us in planning our ideal wedding. Out of the NINE Houston event planners we interviewed, no one came close to Resha's professionalism and organization - or even her candor. Her hard work was clearly evident, given the success of our day and the feedback from our guests; we are so grateful for her.

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Robyn H

Wow! I cannot begin to explain how unbelievably amazing it was to work with Resha Z. and the Something to Celebrate team. She was so organized and gave great advice and recommendations! Seriously, I could not have asked for a better planner. Resha made my dream wedding a... Read More reality! On the actual day of the wedding, Resha and her team handled all communications with the various vendors and ensured that they provided us everything we requested. By having as Resha the point of contact, this allowed me to truly enjoy my wedding day with no interruptions. I would recommend Resha and the Something to Celebrate team to anyone and everyone, they were truly a dream to work with.

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Adrienne H

We were so happy that we went with Lauren from Something to Celebrate as our wedding planner. She was so unbelievably well organized. She set us up with a very detailed timeline of everything we need to do and when during the year leading up to our wedding. We live overseas, so... Read More we appreciated how great she was at quickly responding to emails and also her flexibility in setting up our planning meetings. The day before our wedding, we got a call around noon from our venue saying that they were going to have to cancel because of Hurricane Harvey. Thanks to Lauren, I didn't feel a single moment of stress. After the venue called to cancel, she immediately called all of our vendors and successfully replanned everything for that night. She had everything set up within an hour. It was incredible! It may not have been exactly the wedding we had planned, but thanks to Lauren, and Resha (who jumped in that day to help), it was still the most amazing night of our lives. I seriously don't know what we would have done without her! She took what could have been a very stressful and disastrous situation and turned it into an easy and amazing situation. I have been recommending Lauren to everyone I know! She and Resha are absolute wedding planning superstars! I cannot recommend them enough.

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Karen S

Lauren and the team at Something to Celebrate was excellent! They guided us through the various parts of planning as we had no clue what we had to do going in. On our big day, everything went smoothly and the decor was beautiful. Lauren was very professional and helped us stay... Read More on track, especially during times when I became stressed. We couldn't have done it without her!! We received a lot of compliments from our guests, who told us that this is one of the most well-run weddings they have attended.

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Jessica P

I had Lauren Carrillo plan my wedding on 4/22/17 from Something to Celebrate. I honestly have no words...she was amazing in every way! I am the most indecisive person ever, and the thought of planning a wedding and making hundreds of decisions about gives me an anxiety attack.... Read More She was wonderful in providing guidance, suggestions, and taking the reigns when needed. She took care of every logistical detail (always keeping me in the loop) and was wonderful in sticking to our budget. The whole day went more perfect than I could have imagined! Lauren truly is a beautiful soul. She puts her genuine heart into what she does and who she works with, and it shows. I would hire her over and over again!

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Kim K

Lauren was the wedding planner for our wedding. Highly recommend her! She was the easiest to work with and made planning a wedding seem like a breeze. She is extremely organized and sweet and I couldn't imagine doing my wedding without her. She met with us two times before the... Read More wedding and created a detailed schedule for our party and vendors.

Reviewed on 11/11/2016

Lauren Carillo is the only person people should hire for their wedding - she was absolutely amazing! She is one of the greatest people that I've ever had the chance to work with. Lauren is one of the most professional, organized, attentive, responsive, creative, caring and... Read More kind individuals - truly one of a kind! From start to finish, our experience with Lauren at Something to Celebrate was fantastic. She immediately took us under her wing and guided us through the wedding planning process - listening to every last crazy idea we had and delivered on everything to the highest caliber. Several family friends had highly recommended her, and to say she exceeded all our of expectations is an understatement - she's the absolute best and we were in such great hands! Lauren and her team made our day run absolutely perfectly and seamlessly. We've lost count of the number of guests that commented and smoothly the whole evening was! Lauren is a rockstar at what she does and I could go on for hours singing her praise! Thank you, thank you, thank you for everything Lauren!!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Shannon H

Megan and the Something to Celebrate team did an outstanding job of planning and creating my daughter's dream wedding. Megan is very organized and a pleasure to work with. She had so many ideas that made the wedding unique and beautiful! Hiring Megan and Something to... Read More Celebrate was the best wedding money I spent. I would highly recommend Something to Celebrate!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Lauren N

We couldn't be happier and have nothing but wonderful things to say about Lauren Carrillo and her team. So many people commented on how helpful, calm and sweet they were the night of our wedding. We really appreciated how Lauren paid extra attention to our immediate families... Read More throughout the night, especially our moms and grandmother, to make sure everyone was good. That kind of attention to detail meant a lot to us, and we were so thankful for Lauren making everyone feel taken care of and special. Lauren even contacted the church after the wedding to track down an item we left behind, went and picked it up, and mailed it to us. We thought it was lost and left on our honeymoon thinking we'd never see it again. Little did we know, Lauren also remembered we didn't get it back and was working to find it for us. It was such a pleasure to work with Lauren and she made everything so effortless and easy. We are so grateful for all that she did to make our wedding just perfect!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Monika W

Resha is amazing. When I was interviewing wedding planners shortly after I got engaged, I immediately knew I wanted to work with her after our first phone conversation. She was the main reason that my wedding day was perfect and stress free. Thanks to her I was able to work with... Read More the most amazing vendors, and she was able to turn my vision into a reality when it came to decor and flowers. I highly recommend her services! I promise it will be totally worth it.

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Katie G

I had originally decided against a coordinator because of the expense. However, looking back I can say that Resha's help was by far the most worthwhile thing I paid for related to my wedding. After getting completely overwhelmed with trying to make decisions that fit into the... Read More budget my family agreed to, I signed up with STC about nine months out for Resha's design service, budget service, and day-of coordination. Not quite a full-blown wedding planner, as I did much of the legwork/vendor interviews/etc myself, but with Resha as a constant resource the whole way through. My biggest reason for hiring Resha was that I wanted to ensure that after all the money spent on flowers, food, entertainment, etc, the end-product was a good one that tied together. Resha's calm demeanor, gracious attitude and endless contacts, connections, examples, and pictures made her a God-send. I would recommend her to I anyone I know.

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Maria Y

I loved working with Resha! She is efficient, timely and very detailed-oriented. She was helpful through the entire wedding planning process and I really enjoyed our post-wedding meet up!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Elaine H

I cannot imagine planning my wedding without the help of Resha. She guided my family through the wedding planning process, answered countless questions from recommendations to her honest opinions and etiquette. It was amazing to just ask for her thoughts on which vendor would be... Read More best and be able to trust that it absolutely would be with no extra research needed on our end. Resha is professional and very experienced. Our wedding weekend went on without a hiccup thanks to her!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Rich F

Lauren Carrillo was amazing. My wife and I are very difficult clients and Lauren did a great job of listening to us and keeping us on track. With Lauren's help, we had a perfect wedding. Something always goes wrong at a wedding, but I have no idea what did -- Lauren covered up... Read More any issues at all. We worked with Lauren for almost everything, from design to day-of, and she was great at holding our hand and finding solutions for our last-minute ideas. I would highly recommend her.