Sophia Pickle

LA-OC-IE-SanDiego-Destination Weddings

Hair Stylists, Eyelash Extensions, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Tanning, Beauty

Fe7719fa d8df 43f7 b18c 942ee8fef3e2~rs 100
D692bc15 0755 426d 96a9 fb6ea89c4786~rs 100
Dec9f43f 97e4 40b7 87a9 9d17ceef4785~rs 100

LA-OC-IE-SanDiego-Destination Weddings, CA LA-OC-IE-SanDiego-Destination Weddings (714) 686-3422

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Erin G

Sophia is an absolute gem!! My day of coordinator referred me to Sophia and said she was "the best" and now I know why! She did hair and makeup for my wedding for me, my mother, and my mother-in-law. It was the first time any of us had gotten makeup professionally done, but... Read More Sophia was so patient, professional, and accommodating! She worked with us around venue scheduling issues, came to my home to do a trial run for my mom and I, and was so sweet and supportive on the day of. She gently pushed me just enough to step out of my "hardly ever wear makeup" comfort zone, and I'm so glad she did! I felt beautiful on the day of and my makeup looks amazing in the wedding pictures! My mother-in-law told me afterwards that she had so much fun getting dolled up by Sophia and that the experience added so much pleasure to an already joyful day. Sophia is incredibly talented and also just a genuinely lovely human being!

Sophia Pickle is the Hair and Make up Goddess...

Reviewed on 9/02/2014 Roxanne Katherine M

Make no mistake Sophia pickle is a true artist modestly disguised as a makeup artist. Her canvas is the human face where it will be on display for only hours but thankfully her beautiful work that she creates will be immortalized through photographs that people will cherish... Read More forever. Her flawless artistic ability will leave everyone captivated and speechless. Sophia is very professional and knows exactly what you want on your special day. She has been doing makeup for a while and you can tell she is passionate about her work. Sophia knows exactly how to enhance everyone’s natural beauty without making them look like overly made up.

Absolutely loved her!

Reviewed on 1/14/2014

Sophia was so sweet and so talented I couldn't imagine using anyone else. She makes you feel very comfortable right away and like you are spending time with a friend you've known forever. Sophia did my hair and makeup along with my 3 bridesmaids, my mother and even did my... Read More grandmothers makeup even though it was a last minute add-on. Everyone loved their makeup and was happy with the way it turned out especially my grandmother who wanted to look like Elizabeth Taylor. My eyes turned out dramatic and my lashes were gorgeous!I felt so beautiful and it stayed on all night even with me crying. Sophia did more than what was asked of her even when we forgot to put my veil on and Sophia had already left, she turned right around and rushed to fix it so I wouldn't be late. She even calmed me down during that melt down, I somehow thought I would miss my own wedding and she calmed me and got me laughing again. I would definitely recommend her she was the best!

AMAZING!

Reviewed on 10/23/2013 Keely S

I had seen Sophia's work at my friend's wedding last year when I was in her bridal party and I knew exactly where to go when it was time for my wedding! She was so patient with my sensitive skin/watery eyes throughout the trial and wedding day. She also did the rest of my bridal... Read More party & my mom, and everyone looked stunning and received compliments. She is super funny, friendly, professional & most importantly, amazing at what she does! My makeup turned out EXACTLY as I had envisioned and I was so happy with the final product. Sophia is the best!

Simply Amazing!!

Reviewed on 10/05/2013 Stacy H

In a word, Sophia is amazing! She did my make-up for my wedding day and, in hind sight, I wish I would have had her do my make-up for our engagement shoot as well. Sophia is a true professional. At our consultation, she asked a lot of questions to get a good feel for what I... Read More was looking for. Being someone who is slightly afraid of doing my own make-up and not always sure of what I'm looking for, Sophia was also wonderful about offering suggestions when I asked for them that fit in perfectly with a look that I was not only comfortable with, but ecstatic about. Sophia is highly professional, very friendly, and extremely relaxed while she works. My make-up was done very early in the morning on my wedding day and Sophia set the upbeat mood for the entire day. When she was finished, my face looked perfect and it stayed that way all day! I would highly recommend Sophia to anyone looking for a make-up artist! You will not be disappointed!

THE BEST, HANDS DOWN!

Reviewed on 10/03/2013 Sanaz V

Sophia is amazing! I use her for everything. I met her doing a boudoir shoot and she did my hair and makeup for my engagement pictures as well as my wedding and my bridesmaids as well. I refer her to anyone I know. She really brings out the beauty in every woman. She is... Read More beyond professional and its so fun to have around. Don't pass her up..you will be glad you hired Sophia!

HANDS DOWN, THE BEST!!!

Reviewed on 9/29/2013 Jen C

Sophia is AMAZING! I had the privilege of having my engagement and wedding hair/make up done by her. She takes such pride in her work and is a delight to be around. She made me feel like the most beautiful bride in the world. I couldn't be happier! :)

Incredible talent. Amazing woman. Beautiful artist.

Reviewed on 9/28/2013 Natasha E

I first met Sophia when she was refered to me by a friend who had used her for several photo shoots. The first time Sophia did my makeup was for our engagement shoot last fall and I was blown away by her artistry! I'm very particular about my makeup and Sophia truly listened and... Read More met my needs. This past March my maid of honor got maried and Sophia did her makeup and the entire bridal (including myself) and I must say her work again was stunning! When it came to my wedding this past June, of course, Sophia was my girl! She did all 6 of my bridesmaids, my mother-in-law, myself, my husband and my father-in-law. Whenever people see our wedding photos or video, the first comment is almost always "You look so beautiful!". Not only is Sophia an incredible artist, but she is also an amazing person. She has a gift with people and can put anyone at ease with her gentle spirit and calming demeanor. I'm definitely a client for life and will always consider her a friend!

Simply the best!

Reviewed on 9/28/2013 Lauren S

Sophia is AMAZING! She did my hair and makeup for my wedding and I couldn’t have been happier with the way everything looked. I don’t generally wear much makeup so my fear with having my makeup done was that I wouldn’t feel like myself. But Sophia was patient and really listened... Read More to what I wanted and didn’t want. The end result was simply beautiful, I got so many compliments and felt gorgeous. And if pure talent isn’t enough, she’s also one of the nicest and funniest people you’ll meet. Her positive attitude and professionalism immediately puts you at ease. I highly recommend Sophia, you’ll love her!

best. makeup artist. ever.

Reviewed on 9/27/2013 jenny a

sophia was incredible, and SO easy to work with. she came to my parents' house for a trial, and really made it clear that she would literally do any type of makeup for me, my mom and my bridesmaids and that it was all about what she could do to make us feel beautiful. she was... Read More professional, prompt and so fun to be around the morning of the wedding. i would recommend her to anyone looking for an experienced makeup artist, she went above and beyond my expectations!

The Best Makeup Artist!!

Reviewed on 9/26/2013 Brenda B

Sophia did the makeup for me and my bridal party at my wedding and was absolutely my favorite vendor in the entire wedding process. She's very professional, without being stuffy and is good at making you feel calm and relaxed before the wedding! She has such a great, positive... Read More attitude and really listens to you and what you want. She actually did my makeup for another wedding that I was in (I was the MOH) and I loved my makeup so much that I called her for my wedding! I don't normally wear a lot of makeup and she really listened to what I was comfortable with...she made great suggestions and I absolutely LOVED my makeup. I would definitely recommend Sophia to anyone I know with absolute confidence...she's amazing!!!

Extremely happy bride

Reviewed on 9/24/2013 Karyn F

I absolutely loved Sophia! I couldn't be happier with my hair and makeup on my wedding day! From the very beginning (the practice/trial day) to the ceremony she was helpful, easy going, kind, professional, and punctual. Sophia came to my house early on our wedding day to do... Read More hair and makeup for my brides maids, my mom, and myself. It was a really fun morning with some other close friends and family around. Sophia fit right in! I felt like I had known her for years! She is calm and really helps to put everyone at ease. She remembered every detail from my practice day and my hair and makeup was perfect, as was my mom's and wedding party! She arrived right on time and paid close attention to time through out the morning! I am glad she was, because I certainly wasn't :-) She really listens to what you want and is super understanding and flexible to get it right for you! I look at pictures now and think my hair and makeup was better than I could have dreamed! She also followed us to the wedding location and put some anti glare makeup on my dad, who is almost bald and my soon to be husband. She knew exactly what each person needed to look good in person as well as for the camera!! I am looking forward to needing her again for a fancy occasion...it was so much fun for my wedding! I highly recommend Sophia!!

So Blessed!

Reviewed on 9/24/2013

I met Sophia while I was shopping at the Cerritos mall. She was promoting some makeup at Sephora, and I thought she worked there and I needed a consult. This was about 4.5 months before my wedding on August 18th, on the Queen Mary. After talking for a while a song came on the... Read More store - Pibull. She laughed and told me she had done some makeup for this music video in Miami - my mind was blown! I knew I wanted to have a red carpet look on my day, so I hired Sophia. She came to my little apartment to do my makeup consult, and we had a a blast! She was on time for my wedding and helped calm my nerves... my makeup was SO beautiful! I felt amazing! She also played my favorite music on her phone while doing the makeup ( It's a Finnish Orchestral Rock band, but she didn't mind:) ) I felt very Blessed to have randomly met her - she is now doing my future sister-in- law's wedding at the Trump Golf Course in November! Thanks Sophia!

Miracle Makeup Artist!

Reviewed on 9/24/2013 Diane G

Sophia is the best!!! She did an amazing job on my makeup for my son's wedding. I couldn't possibly have been happier. She is also incredibly talented, sweet and patient, qualities so appreciated on what could otherwise be a stressful day. All the women in the bridal party, and... Read More there were 12 of us, received numerous compliments throughout the evening. I guarantee you will love Sophia's work!

Very Talented Make-Up Artist

Reviewed on 9/24/2013 Nadia A

I used Sophia to do the make-up at my wedding for myself, 2 moms, and 9 bridesmaids and she did an amazing job on everyone! I had never seen everyone looks so beautiful! It was a hectic day and she was able to get all those girls done and looking gorgeous. I usually don't wear a... Read More ton of make-up and Sophia worked with me at the trial to make sure I felt comfortable with how dramatic the make-up was and I ended up loving it! I wish I could have her do my make-up every day! I've already had several people that attended the wedding ask who did my make-up so they can keep her in mind for when they get married! I would definitely use Sophia again and recommend her to anyone that is searching for a make-up artist.

THE ABSOLUTE BEST!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 9/22/2013 Whitney K

Sophia made my wedding day the absolute best day of my life. Not only is she an amazing make up artist she is professional, caring and always made sure we were on the same page. I used her for my hair and make up for our save the date photos and she was absolutely wonderful... Read More about my very last minute scheduling. I absolutely loved her work on the save the dates so I chose to use her again for our engagement photo shoot as well as a boudoir shoot for my groom. She sits down with you to discuss your vision and comfort level for your make up. On my wedding day she did make up for all four of my bridesmaids, both of our mothers and myself. I have no words to explain how AMAZING everybody looked. I am 100% satisfied with her service and I absolutely recommend her to everybody looking for THE BEST make up artist!!!!!!

Amazing Makeup Artist!

Reviewed on 8/30/2013 Sara F

Sophia Pickle did my hair and makeup for my engagement photos and my wedding in July 2013. She was friendly, professional, and her work was absolutely fantastic for both my engagement and wedding photos. I got so many compliments from both our photographer and our friends and... Read More family. On the morning of our wedding day, she was early and ready to go right on time. In addition to my hair and makeup, she did the up-dos for all of my bridesmaids. Everyone commented on how beautiful we all looked and the pictures are stunning. Thanks to Sophia, I felt beautiful and confident in all of our photos.

A Make-Up Artist for Every Age and Personality

Reviewed on 1/06/2013 Debbie L

While Sophia makes her brides look gorgeous on their wedding day, she also makes the mother-of-the bride look amazing too! Once I saw her work at another wedding, I knew that she would be the perfect make-up artist for me. She made me look and feel my best for my daughter’s... Read More wedding day and the photographs prove it. I was very conscious about my aging skin but Sophia took years off my skin and eyes. She completely understood what I wanted and made sure I was completely happy before she left the hotel. She is prompt and keeps on schedule and takes her work seriously. I completely trust Sophia for her knowledge, techniques and use of very good products. She is professional, energetic, friendly and a pleasure to work with. I have much admiration for her talents.

Sophia is the best!

Reviewed on 1/06/2012 Falon B

I knew as soon as I got engaged that I would need someone to work some magic on my hair and make up for my big day. Sophia came recommended to me from friends and she was unbelievable. I left my hair and make up trial feeling like a million bucks and on my wedding day, I felt... Read More even better. Sophia not only make me look and feel beautiful, she was such a calming influence during those moments when I was starting to freak out a little! As a bride and a wedding coordinator, I have seen a lot of wedding make up, but Sophia's is the best! I would highly recommend her to any bride!

she's an angel who happens to be a makeup artist

Reviewed on 10/25/2011 Maite N

I've known Sophia since grade school but lost touch with her after we graduated from high school. I am so blessed to have reconnected with her 10 years later!! Yes, she does great makeup and hair...all the other reviews about her say how great she is at it. She actually flew... Read More up to Seattle for my wedding and did everyone's makeup, from my 13 yr old niece to my 75 yr old grandma. She also does phenomenal bouquets if you happen to be up late the night before your big day and need her help :) and she can pin a veil in your hair so that even though it's really windy it won't move an inch. But all that is NOTHING compared to how she makes you feel...and on my wedding day she knew exactly how to keep me calm and happy and excited and focused on myself. Sophia is a wonderful friend, a talented makeup artist and a truly beautiful soul!!

AMAZING make up artist

Reviewed on 10/25/2011 Katie M

Sophia was WONDERFUL. I can not tell you enough good things. She came to my house to do my trial, had tons of options and ideas. On my wedding day, she was able to do me and my entire bridal party. She was fun and stuck to the time schedule we discussed beforehand. She is... Read More an AMAZING artist. You will love your make up!!

She's AMAZING!!!

Reviewed on 10/24/2011 Lindsay W

I was connected with Sophia by my MOH who has done photo shoots with her in the past. She did such an amazing job! We met first to talk about what look I wanted for my wedding, she listened and asked great clarifying questions! She came to my house for "run-through" and really... Read More took her time doing my make-up and making sure that along the way I was comfortable with what she was doing. She even answered my hundreds of questions! She was 30 minutes EARLY on my wedding day! She did my makeup as well as my bridal party. She was organized and professional, and really made sure that we all looked perfect. Do not look any further, you have found THE BEST make up artist!

MOST talented make up artist!!!!

Reviewed on 10/04/2011 ELIZABETH G

What can I say about Sophia! She is incredible! She made me the most beautiful bride! I had never had airbrush make up before and I was sooooo in love with it after our trial. She is amazing! She did an amazing job with my hair as well. She is such a kind woman who is so fun to... Read More work with as well and makes your special day extra fun with her great personality! I HIGHLY recommend Sophia Pickle for all your makeup and hair needs!!!!

Fabulous!

Reviewed on 7/01/2011 Tracy N

I loved working with Sophia! She was very professional, funny, and truly loves what she does. My bridesmaids and I LOVED how our make up turned out for the wedding, and the photographs are amazing! Sophia took the time to find out what each of us like and really listened to what... Read More we said. We all have different skin types, tones and styles and she managed to bring us all together. I’ve never looked and felt so glamorous! All of our dresses were strapless and one of my bridesmaids had tan lines from a really bad sunburn. Sophia to the rescue! She used her airbrush gun and the tan lines went away. During my trial run she explained and offered different application techniques. I would highly suggest the airbrush technique. It felt really light on my skin. My ceremony & reception lasted 7 hours and so did my make up. I would highly recommend Sophia for your make up needs, she made the day fun and memorable!

THE VERY BEST!!

Reviewed on 6/08/2011 christina b

Sophia did my makeup for a photo shoot for pictures for my groom before my wedding. She listened to exactly what I wanted and did a amazing job on my makeup!!! The photographer commented on my makeup the minute I walked through the door.I also booked her for my wedding, she did... Read More my makeup and three of my girls. Sophia is amazingly talented, very professional, and I would reccomend her to anyone. I was very impressed with the celebrities she has worked with, and even more impressed with the work she did. I will continue to use her in the future and wouldn't look any further. You have the found THE BEST HERE! Book her, you will be soo glad you did. Thank you so much Sophia :)