Sound Extreme Entertainment

Kansas City and surrounding area

Sound Extreme Entertainment

A wedding reception is a celebration! If you want a reception that you and your guests will be talking about for years, we are your DJ Company. Individual attention insures that YOUR reception is exactly the way you want it. Check to see if your date is still available and get more information.

Bollywood, Caribbean, Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Indian, Jazz, Polka, Pop, R&B, Rock, World Music

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Audio/Visual Equipment, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100

Kansas City and surrounding area (913) 703-6036

Reviewed on 5/01/2017 Kelly M

Kurt was amazing at my daughter's wedding! I have been to a lot of weddings and know what it's like to have a bad DJ! Kurt played all the right music to keep everyone on the dance floor! I had a ton of people come up to me and say "your DJ" was amazing! You can definitely tell... Read More Kurt loves bringing a party to the people! You will not be disappointed with this guy! Thanks again!

Reviewed on 7/20/2017 Kailey G

Max was our DJ for our wedding ceremony and reception of about 90 people. He was phenomenal!! He was very quick to respond and was in contact all throughout wedding planning. He was very helpful in recommending how to plan and organize parts of the wedding. He has a website to... Read More input information about the event that is very easy to use. I felt very confident in him going into the wedding and he definitely lived up to my expectations. He followed our order perfectly and helped us stay on track with our timeline. He introduced us exactly how we wanted to be introduced. He was great at his song choices and kept the dance floor occupied all night. He fulfilled our special request of having a private last dance together which was an amazing moment for my husband and I. I would recommend him to anyone!!!! He is one of the best DJ's I have ever seen!

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Matt C

Kurt did an absolutely amazing job at our wedding! He took the time beforehand to sit down and ask us what type of music we wanted for every stage of the event. If you're in need of a DJ, you should not hire someone without meeting Kurt first. Ask him about the musical chair... Read More game, we still have people talking to us about that game years later.

Reviewed on 2/10/2018 Karie S

Kurt was exactly the type of DJ we were looking for, for our wedding reception. We clicked with him from our very first meeting. He can create the perfectly balanced atmosphere at your wedding reception. He took time to meet with us a few times before the wedding and was... Read More extremely helpful in creating our timeline for the reception. When it was time for our grand entrance he was very attentive to our needs and our entire wedding parties needs. He even was the first to offer to head to the bar to get a drink for my husband and I immediately following our entrance. He was spectacular and so fun! Our wedding was on New Year's Eve 2017 and we know that it meant he was sacraficing time away from his loved ones to make our night perfect - we are so thankful for the opportunity to work with Kurt and would highly recommend him to anyone seeking someone with a personal and charismatic touch. I felt pricing was very fair for the service we received.

Reviewed on 12/07/2017 Allison Y

Max was our DJ at our wedding reception and he made the night so amazing! He kept the night on track by announcing the event and he just kept the party going all night. He played great music and had a good mix of things! His assistant was so nice and she helped with busseling my... Read More dress and anything that needed to be done! During our meetings he also had a lot of good ideas for the things to do during the reception. I would highly recomemd him !

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Katia T

I’m so happy I was able to book Kurt for my wedding reception! He was very flexible, professional, and responsive to various requests! We had a pretty specific playlist in mind for our Russian-Brazilian wedding and Kurt pulled it off flawlessly.

Reviewed on 10/12/2017

We are a small to medium-sized company located in Chicago. For the last five years, we hired DJ Max from Extreme Sound Entertainment for our company holiday parties. Why would a company located in Chicago hire a DJ from Kansas City? Because Sound Extreme Entertainment is the... Read More best. They provide fabulous dance music from all decades, gorgeous music videos, and the best karaoke experience. We have a diverse workforce with a wide range of musical tastes, and everyone was happy. The DJ is a pro and knows his music. He made the evening so much fun. The guests didn’t want the party to end!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Doug B

Max and Barb made my daughter's wedding memorable. Totally customer focused. Exceeded all expectations.

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Tracy O

Sound Extreme is an amazing company . I have used them many times and have been 100 percent happy with them every time . I highly recommend them .

Reviewed on 10/06/2017

Kurt with Sound Extreme has DJ'd our holiday party for the last 3 years and has done an Awesome job. He knows just what to play to keep things going. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 7/20/2017 Sabrina D

Kurt exceeded my expectations! He was more than a DJ; he interacted with my guests, provided me suggestions for the evening, and made sure the flow of the night went smoothly. He was professional, honored song requests, and played the perfect music. Preparing for my reception,... Read More he was very responsive and easy to work with. Our dance floor was full the entire night! I'd recommend him to anyone that's looking for a fun, memorable gathering!

Reviewed on 5/02/2017 Brittney H

Max was our wedding DJ in 2013. He kept the guests involved and entertained the whole time! One of my fears was not having very many guests on the dance floor but Max did a great job making sure the music was enjoyable for all generations! People still tell us almost 4 years... Read More later that they had so much fun at our wedding!

Reviewed on 3/20/2017 Hannah N

Max was amazing. He got everyone involved and dancing. Couldn't have picked a better DJ for our special day!

Max Evans

Reviewed on 10/02/2015 Shelbi K

Max Evans with Sound Extreme Entertainment is amazing. He is very sweet and willing to accommodate anything the bride may want. I love how he asked me what songs I just had to have played and do not play songs. He also controlled the flow of everything including toasts, bouquet... Read More toss, etc.He was a big help because I had no idea the order that everything should go. Thanks so much Max!

Reviewed on 9/24/2014 Lynette W

Max was an awesome DJ. He is super detail oriented and offers suggestions on reception activities. Max is down to earth. He was easy going and had no problems with changes to the itinerary of the reception (even minutes before).

Great Idea

Reviewed on 12/15/2013 Ali Z

Kurt with Sound Extreme was easy to work with. Songs and event information were all filled out online. We met once about a week before the wedding to go over details and Kurt suggested playing a form of Musical Chairs instead of a dollar dance. It was a huge hit at our... Read More wedding. The guest had so much fun playing!

Reviewed on 11/14/2013 Kelsey K

Max the perfect DJ for our wedding! He was so knowledgeable throughout the planning process of songs, as well as order of events during the wedding. He really helped us plan out the order of the reception and it ran so smoothly! The sound was perfect for the venue, too! It was... Read More not too loud and the microphones were easily heard throughout the ballroom! Choose Max if you want a great experience!

Fun DJ and knows how to keep a party going

Reviewed on 10/25/2013 Alicia J

Our DJ was so fun. When the dance floor died down the DJ played a game to get everyone involved. We all laughed and had a good time. Their website is user-friendly and asked what song we want and don't want to have played. It was like we hand picking them.

Kept the dance party alive!

Reviewed on 9/22/2012 Cara B

Sound Extreme Entertainment ensured our reception was fun and all our guests were dancing. Kurt played great music and took our guests requests. We needed a larger dancefloor since everyone was dancing! Also, at the last minute we had to move our ceremony to the tent due to the... Read More weather and Kurt stepped up and played our ceremony music for us at the last minute. Great service and awesome DJ!

Great Music

Reviewed on 12/09/2011 Amy R

The DJ showed up with an assortment of music and costumes for the groomsmen to do a dance. He met with us prior to the event to go over details!

Last Minute Greatness

Reviewed on 11/08/2011 Hillary G

Thanks to the Army we had to change our wedding date last minute. Max came highly recommended and was very flexible with music requests.

Awesome DJ!

Reviewed on 11/03/2011 Holly O

We had the pleasure to have James with Sound Extreme be our wedding DJ. He went above and beyond all of our expectations. He was so much fun and he got the crowd dancing. He ensured he met all of our needs. He played a wonderful range of music that entertained ages. He was... Read More AWESOME!

Above & Beyond

Reviewed on 10/13/2011 Nicole S

Kurt Hadermann was outstanding! He went above and beyond what we had expected for a DJ. Not only did he provide great entertainment, he rolled with a surprise Fire Alarm during our reception before dinner by starting to play "Shorty Call 911" and getting the dance floor... Read More packed. He also worked with everyone on getting the reception hall packed up at the end of the evening, earlier than anticipated due to the reception hall. Not only did he carry his stuff out to his car, but he helped my family carry decorations and left overs to their cars. If you need a DJ and are in the KC area, please call Kurt! He will not disappoint you!

Best Wedding EVER :)

Reviewed on 7/19/2011 Kurt H

Sound Extreme Entertainment provided music for both our wedding ceremony and the reception. They did an superb job with both! We got so many compliments on our wedding, and how much fun people had. We STILL get people telling us a year later how great it was, and that it was the... Read More best wedding they've ever been too! Thanks Sound Extreme!

Reviewed on 7/14/2011 Andi H

I originally booked with one DJ and then was switched to someone else a few months before. The itinerary wasn’t followed and our 1st dance was done as soon as we were announced at the reception. The music selection was pretty good; however, he waited until the end to play the... Read More 1950’s music I had requested. Overall – ok but nothing spectacular.

2011-07-19T15:56:29 Response from the vendor

Sound Extreme has two primary DJs: Kurt and Max. Because of a family conflict Kurt was unable to DJ this wedding. The Bride was contacted on February 7, 2011 (4 months prior) to let her know who her DJ would be. She indicated that it... Read Less Read More