Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

224 Falling Shoals Dr, Athens , GA (706) 461-3283

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Megan M

David was the best! He was easy to communicate with, flexible, and did an amazing job! From the first time we met with him through everything he did to help us organize the timeline on top of the music, he was professional and so helpful! We would definitely recommend him to... Read More anyone looking for an amazing DJ!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Allison Y

David is SO amazing! We can't thank him enough, he made our day so special. He knew exactly what to do to make our day the best. He and our Wedding Planner worked hand in hand to make our wedding the best it could be. He totally understood the style we were going for (music... Read More wise) and the whole night was perfect, he even played Grease Lightning.. which was one of my families favorite songs growing up. I can't say enough great things about him! He's THE BEST in Athens!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Daniel B

We booked Sound Insight Productions after being in a wedding where the reception was a genuine dance party. We too wanted to have the same fun to happen at our wedding. The first pleasant surprise we got was how affordable booking them was. We were working on a budget and did... Read More not have to splurge to have a quality dj which was huge for us as it was important for there to be plenty of dancing. We felt listened to when we discussed what we were looking for and they stayed on top of things throughout the whole process. There was no disappointment when the reception came around as it truly was a party thanks in large part to the brilliance of how Sound Insight dj'ed. I had family members talking about seeing some family dance that they had never seen get on a dance floor before. Not only that, but the transition into the music for the younger crowd was seamless and we were able to get down. Such a blast and a great company to work for. Would recommend to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Kevin W

Let me just say this guy was part of the dream team we put together to handle our daughters wedding in Athens, GA this weekend at The Georgian. I've been to quite a few weddings lately and I can honestly say David has set a new standard for everyone coming behind us. Starting... Read More with a personal visit to each table to tell everyone what to expect and when it was going to happen to the absolute best dance party mix EVER! Dance floor was filled all night long and the music was seamless. Do yourself a favor and don't look any further, you will regret it.

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 G H

You can't beat David. He takes so much care to understand your plan so that he can be prepared to help take care of whatever inevitable problem comes up on your big day. He also takes care to understand your music taste. All the songs he picked to fill in gaps between my... Read More requests were more perfect than I could have even come up with myself. I'd recommend him to anyone.

Reviewed on 7/03/2017 Britt K

David seriously made our reception! He spent so much time talking to us to make sure he had a good idea of the type of music we liked. He did an amazing job playing a mix of different types of music. He also helped make sure the reception flowed smoothly and seamlessly! He pays... Read More great attention to all details as well! He is the only DJ I would recommend! You will be so thankful you used him instead of someone else!

Reviewed on 4/11/2017 William B

David was amazing! He was very committed to making sure that we got exactly what we wanted for our reception. Planning a wedding from out of town is difficult, but David made it seem so easy. We Facetimed and Skyped multiple times to talk out everything to make sure the music... Read More would be perfect! Not only is David an amazing DJ, but he also offers many great extras, including lighting, video recording, and high quality audio for the ceremony. He's a great DJ, and an even better guy! I'd recommend him to anyone and everyone looking for a DJ in the Atlanta area!

Reviewed on 1/23/2017 Sarah R

We used David for our NYE wedding and everything was flawless. David went above and beyond to ensure everything was perfect. We really wanted confetti at midnight and he did so much prep work on the front end to make sure it was perfect. Also, the lighting. It was amazing. And... Read More the music/entertainment made our wedding a night we will never forget. Thank you David!!

Reviewed on 1/22/2017 Mary F

We used David for a wedding in January 2017. I cannot think of any vendor we hired that we loved as much as him. He not only made our wedding as good as we wanted, he made it even better than we could have ever hoped. We had a magical night and will always be thankful. Thank... Read More you, David and Sound Insight Productions!

Reviewed on 11/09/2016 Brennan S

I literally cannot say enough good things about David - he was a seriously massive part of what made our wedding so wonderful! First, David was so easy to plan with leading up to our wedding -- we had one 1-hour FaceTime with him but otherwise communicated almost entirely... Read More through email (which he responds to super quickly). Second, he was flexible with how we shared information with him (we had a google doc that collected song suggestions from a form on our wedding website instead of using his online portal). He never made me feel like I was behind in my preparations (though I probably was, choosing first dance songs just days before the wedding), and always listened to what we wanted, repeating it back to ensure he accurately understood exactly what we were going for. He handled all of the music for our ceremony and provided pin lighting for our cakes - both were exactly as discussed. His real magic though, was in the reception -- David read the mood of our guests and played songs that kept folks on the dance floor all night long -- he was great at transitioning between the traditional pieces that we had like the bouquet toss and cake cutting, while keeping the fun vibes going. He clearly put in lots of effort leading up to our wedding, ensuring all of our must play songs made an appearance, and transitioning between songs seamlessly -- never playing all of one song, lest the mood go down. He also mixed/cut down the time for our first dance, father/daughter, and mother/son dance songs, which was so incredibly helpful. Lastly, David made it known that he was there to make sure that my husband and I had the time of our lives. When some family repeatedly suggested Jewish chair-lifting to him, David came to check in with me to ensure that I still did not want to move in that direction, and that my mind hadn't changed (it hadn't but I was also very glad he asked). When our wedding planner was MIA, David was the one who ran to find her. With unlimited space, I could go on and on about how thankful I am to have booked David for our wedding, but in short: David ROCKS and you will NOT be disappointed to book him too.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Joanna P

David was Truly INCREDIBLE. Not only an amazing, kickass DJ, but he is the nicest guy ever and really knows how to make an event flow. And....make sure you get some of that lighting magic - it makes all the difference!

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Wendy B

“What a fun wedding, reception and party”, “one of the best weddings I have ever attended” and “Wow, what a blast” are just of the few compliments that we received during and after our Daughter’s wedding. Sound Insight Productions, David Osborne was a big part of making the... Read More night such a wonderful, fun and awesome event. David Osborne - Sound Insight Productions was referred to us by someone who had used him for their son/daughter’s wedding. The Bride and Groom corresponded with him initially by phone and email. They were impressed from the beginning. David met with them to discuss the wedding, their likes and dislikes, the flow of the wedding, etc. He shared his experiences to assist the couple with their decisions. Meeting him in person confirmed that they had picked the right DJ. David helped the couple pick the music both for the wedding and the special events during the reception. He worked with the photographer and the Bride to come up with the perfect minute by minute timeline for the whole day, making sure to get in all of the important events. The music was great and David only plays music that the Bride and Groom have approved so as not to spoil any part of the day for the happy couple. David kept the party going, the guests dancing and the day flowing. David has a knack to know how to get the fun going and the people dancing when there seems to be a void on the dance floor. He even got the Bride’s 80 year old Grandmother out on the dance floor shaking her stuff. His personality energizes the crowd, keeps them dancing and laughing and simply having a good time. He engages everyone which is what an awesome DJ does. His main concern is making sure the Bride and Groom are happy and having fun. Having Sound Insight Productions and David Osborne as our DJ help to make the wedding day not only memorable, but perfect! If you are in need of a DJ, I would highly recommend David Osborne- Sound Insight Productions.

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Nichole B

David Osborne (Sound Insight Productions of Athens, GA) is the BEST choice for a wedding DJ! When originally looking for DJs, we were referred to David three separate times, from three different families/ couples who did not know each other. One of the couples who referred us... Read More to him had a non-alcoholic wedding and said one guest told them it was the most fun "sober" wedding they had ever been to because of the DJ. David is incredibly helpful and has a strong background in organizing weddings--He really is more than just a DJ; he almost serves in some capacity as a wedding coordinator/ organizer, in terms of helping to plan the reception timeline and making the reception and ceremony run smoothly. David always answered my emails quickly and thoroughly (even when I sent him three emails in a row with multiple questions each--He is very patient!). He also recommends an in-person meeting, which is very helpful. During the meeting, he found out more about what we were looking for and helped us plan the reception--I was so relieved after we met with him! He also has a really great database where customers can search for songs for different parts of the ceremony and/or reception and enter in all song requests for their own wedding. Although we did not chose to use extra lighting for our reception because we liked the general ambiance of our venue, he offers really great choices for lighting. We did use his pin-spot lighting for highlightin our cake table, which was beautiful! I highly suggest pin-spot lighting for the cake table and centerpieces. I have had multiple friends and family compliment our DJ after the wedding. David is excellent at really feeling out the crowd and determining what songs will get them on the dance floor (or create whatever move you are hoping to create). He played every song we requested, visited our tables to introduce himself and let guests know what was going on during the reception, and helped the ceremony and reception to go smoothly and, truly, perfectly. David Osborne (Sound Insight Productions) is an amazing DJ (and again, so much more than a typical DJ)! We cannot thank him enough for helping to make our ceremony as beautiful, and our reception as fun, as we had hoped!

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Sarah D

You can go ahead and stop searching for your DJ now. David of Sound Insight Productions is hands down the best out there!! We could not be happier with our choice to have him as our DJ. He was incredibly helpful, professional, and super fun! Before the wedding, he was constantly... Read More in touch with us making sure that everything was perfect and that all of the details were worked out. Believe me, he knows what he’s doing!! He was always available to answer any questions and was very easy to work with. He truly went above and beyond. Not only did he set up a google hangout so we could meet and he could ensure everything was perfect for us, but he also sent us files of his creations to approve of beforehand. He kept our music tastes in mind when creating all of our playlists and really matched the music to the mood at the wedding. Needless to say, he kept the dance floor packed all night. We have received compliment after compliment about how awesome our DJ was, and I could not agree more. Not only was he a great DJ, but he is just super awesome in general! David is very fun and obviously loves what he does. He puts that passion into his work and it really shines through. He’s not the type of DJ that just sits there and lets song after song play; he really reads the crowd and mixes and transitions songs seamlessly so that the music is non-stop perfection. So please, do yourself a favor and go ahead and hire him! You won’t regret it!

Reviewed on 8/21/2016

David was an absolute pleasure to work with. He came highly recommended by our wedding coordinator, and impressed us from the very beginning. He responded very quickly to any questions we had over email, and then we chatted over FaceTime about a month out from our wedding date... Read More to run through the flow of our reception. Even without meeting in person until our wedding day (since we weren't local at the time) we felt so comfortable with him running the show. He was extremely thorough, and when you are planning a wedding you appreciate that attention to detail :) David took the time to do special edits for our first dance songs, which he sent to me for approval well in advance. On our actual wedding day, he took the time to make sure he pronounced all wedding party names correctly and introduced us exactly as we wished... we never had to worry if the correct song would be played, or if something would be mispronounced. Everything was perfect, and he kept the party going well into the night until our sparkler send-off. THANK YOU, David, for making our reception an awesome party! To top it off - David wrote an awesome blog post about our reception on his website and shared some pictures and a fun video he took that night. It was so fun to relive the evening!

Reviewed on 7/28/2016 Sarah L

David DJ'd our wedding last weekend and did an amazing job. We did not have a wedding planner, used a venue that had not hosted many weddings, and we had a nontraditional celebration. David helped us navigate the planning and execution of both our ceremony and reception. From... Read More the cocktail hour, through the ceremony and reception, everything reflected our personalities and we could tell he put a lot of work into this. He was extremely friendly and professional and his web site made the process even easier. Finally, David had guests of all ages dancing all night. We all had a blast and I can't recommend David enough.

Reviewed on 6/15/2016 Jackie W

DJ David was awesome! Very easy to work and really listened and followed our taste in music through the entire reception. Very personable and genuine guy! He and his assistant created an amazing time lapse of the reception that was absolutely incredible to look back on. He... Read More helped make the day perfect!

Reviewed on 5/12/2016

DJ David Osborne was truly incredible. Working with him was so easy. He listens to exactly what you are wanting, delivers what you ask for and makes it even better than you imagined. We had a few different custom edits/dance mashups that we asked him to make for us, and he went... Read More above and beyond on putting those together for us to give us the unique dances that we wanted! He was willing to play any specific songs we wanted at the wedding, while also adding in his own flair. My husband and I really hoped to have a huge, epic dance party with everyone out on the dance floor all night...thanks to David, we got exactly that! The music was so great that no matter how much everyone's feet hurt we couldn't stop dancing! All night long everyone was telling me how he was the best DJ they had heard and it was the most fun dance party at any wedding they had been too. If you are looking for someone to make your wedding super fun and not at all cheesy, he is the guy for you!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND him, especially to couples who are really into music and adding special touches to their wedding. Incredible guy all around and very talented DJ!

Reviewed on 4/19/2016 Elizabeth T

David was an awesome DJ! We didn't really have any strict rules or HAVE TO have songs, so we left a lot up to him. I am so thankful I did, he took all the requests, got the guests on the dance floor and picked such an awesome last dance song for us! We left the wedding talking... Read More about how awesome that was of him. David was prompt, awesome communication, and wanted to make sure he knew how he could make our night awesome. He even surprised us with our own Snapchat filter, which was a huge hit with the guests! I HIGHLY recommend Sound Insight Productions, it was a really seamless and communicative process!

Reviewed on 4/10/2016 Melinda L

DJ David Osborne was truly amazing. From the moment we stepped into our reception until our send off, he gave us everything we wanted in music. He played songs that we requested as well as others that were a huge hit. There wasn't a person that didn't dance and we have him to... Read More thank for that. The way he transitioned into each song was smooth so there wasn't any lag time. We couldn't have picked any one else that would have given an amazing wedding reception like he did. He is worth every penny! Make sure to ask about snap chat filters with your wedding hashtag and spotlights on your center prices! 5 stars for sure!

Reviewed on 7/26/2015 Ali M

My husband and I really loved how David took charge at the wedding! He made sure to check with us and the bridal party on several occasions during the reception to ensure everything was on schedule. He really went above and beyond the call of duty. He played great music and... Read More he really got the party going!! We couldn't have asked for a better Dj!! He was fantastic!!! :)

Reviewed on 6/18/2015 Mark W

David Osborne did a phenomenal job at our wedding! From the very beginning we knew he was going to be professional and fun. His website gave us a chance to really customize the songs to be played during the entire reception and he did great! He got people dancing and having... Read More fun! 10/10, would recommend. Stop looking and just call him. You will not be sorry!

The best, and without the cheese!

Reviewed on 7/01/2013 Monica K

My (now) husband and I loved David Osborne. He did a great job mixing music and feeling the crowd. He also helped us plan our music which turned out great since my husband and I didn't know what we wanted! We HIGHLY recommend him.

Good time had by all

Reviewed on 11/26/2012 Breezy Breanna B

David did a wonderful job as DJ at my daughters wedding. He was very professional and easy to work with. Everyone was on the dance floor until the very end of the night.

excellent DJ

Reviewed on 8/10/2010 Lori R

David had a great manner about him and also was super helpful in helping coordinate and keep us on schedule. He had a good mix of being very present and making things more fun but also not talking too much or taking too much attention for himself. He also showed a slideshow... Read More for us.