Sounds of the Rockies

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Sound Equipment, Music, Equipment

Fort Collins, CO serving the state of Colorado (970) 613-1886

Reviewed on 2/19/2017 Katie K

Hiring Sounds of the Rockies is the best thing we did for our wedding reception! I was so impressed. Our DJ did a great job of reading the vibe of the room and being enthusiastic without being cheesy! He played a great blend of music that pleased our friends and our parents'... Read More generation too, the party never stopped. People are still telling us how much fun they had at our wedding and I think that Sounds of the Rockies is to thank for that!

Reviewed on 6/04/2016 Takisha D

I had spoken with a representative from this company a year in advance and I was highly disappointed with the day of encounter. I wish I would have gotten to meet with my DJ before hand or even got to speak with him over email, instead they just pick a DJ that might fit your... Read More style. I'm sure he tried, he came up to us a lot asking questions, but didn't really seem to listen to what I had asked when it came to the Father daughter dance I requested weeks prior and discussed again moments before or music choices. For music choices there were maybe two songs I requested, besides the group dancing like the "cha cha slide," and the rest he took requests from my 14 year old sister in law and went with it (which didn't end well and songs went away from wedding appropriate very quickly). As for the MC part alone at the reception, it went well. There were some big mess ups, but I won't put it on him because of the last minute changes that weren't relayed to him by the "venue supervisor."

Best DJ for Dancing Ever!

Reviewed on 9/09/2015 Anna B

Wow! We could not have been more impressed with using Sound of the Rockies as our DJ for our Wyoming/Country wedding. I gave the DJ three genres; Country, Old School Rock and Booty Shaking and he ran with it. The floor was never empty and I have heard from numerous guests that... Read More it was the best wedding dance they had ever been to! I would definitely recommend Sound of the Rockies to a bride that wants to dance all night long.

Great DJ

Reviewed on 5/20/2014 Jackie C

Matt Baldwin and sounds of the Rockies were great to work with. They helped me with my timeline and music selections. Matt really kept the party going. I couldn't ask for anything better.

HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE!!!

Reviewed on 2/07/2014

Hands down the worst experience we have ever had, would give 0’s. They seem to be paying a company to bolster their reviews, based on the frequency of 5 star reviews and the take down notice we received for our real review. I would love to see all the reviews challenged like... Read More ours was, my guess is most of them are fake. We started this experience having to find and download songs and bring them to the DJ. Songs that were readily available on I-tunes for a few cents. The day of the event the DJ played music during dinner that was specifically requested to NOT be played, when he was asked to change the music he said he would but didn't. He refused to take requests. When he was told he would take requests he never played them. Even when the bride asked him to play specific songs he didn't, right up to the end of the night. Unfortunately for us this was not the end of the complete lack of professionalism and utter inappropriateness we experienced with this company We called the company the next day, all of our friends were talking about the DJ and my wife was upset. After politely explaining what happened we were told we were lying, that our wedding planner had been the problem (who had near no contact with them) and there was no way we were getting an apology from the DJ or the owner. After this we decided to make a review online in the hopes that no one else would have to deal with this company without knowing what they were getting into. At this point the owner started calling us and our wedding planner demanding that we take down the review and telling us we were the worst customers he had ever dealt with (we had complained about an incident that we felt warranted it, and told others when the owners reaction was inappropriate). Because of this we filed a BBB report. The owner then called several times and demanded we "cut the better business bureau bull ****" and cussed us out, never a single apology not even the "I'm sorry you feel that way". Truly the most unprofessional people I have ever come across.

Great party

Reviewed on 10/26/2013 Kaytlyn S

I really enjoyed working with the company although I suggest you pay more to speak with your actual DJ before the wedding. Our DJ sort had an attitude but he played great music and kept the party going.

Wonderful experience!

Reviewed on 7/02/2013 Marissa H

We had an outdoor wedding at our family farm and we could not have been more happy with our DJ! They did the ceremony and reception music and did an amazing job! He made sure to keep things moving smoothly and on time, which I really appreciated and it took a lot of stress off... Read More of me!! All of guests were very pleased with his music selection and he kept the dance floor going all night! We had an amazing experience with Sounds of the Rockies! Thank you for helping make our day perfect!

SOOOOO Happy we chose Sounds of the Rockies!!!!!

Reviewed on 4/10/2013 Lana N

My fiance and I did not agree when it came to having a DJ for our wedding. He was worried a DJ would be cheezy. Ultimately we compromised in other areas, and we interviewed DJs. We ended up choosing Sounds of the Rockies for our reception, and I can honestly say I could not... Read More have been happier with the service from beginning to end. Late one night I sent an email to inquire about their service. I received a response from the owner within 12 hours of sending my email. Michael, the Special Services Manager, met with us shortly thereafter. He was also our DJ for our event. He did a fantastic job! We gave him a list of many songs we'd appreciate hearing and he did a nice job incorporating them into our celebration. Reading the crowd and keeping people on the dance floor was an obvious skill he has developed during his career. He kept in close contact with all our vendors, and everything flowed so well. The focus was kept on us, and I am so grateful to be able to say there was absolutely no CHEESE factor!! My husband was equally happy, and said he was glad we went ahead and hired Sounds of the Rockies. Our guests even commented on how good the DJ was. My daughter who has attended many weddings agreed and said, "He is really good!" If you are looking for a DJ or you are on the fence about hiring a DJ I would highly recommend contacting Sounds of the Rockies. Our wedding was in February so off season rates were great, but I feel they offer exceptional value for the service they provide. Happy wedding planning to you!

DJ

Reviewed on 11/25/2012 Brittany R

Loved them!! They are FABULOUS!

Great music, good time

Reviewed on 10/24/2012 Julia A

Great DJ that kept everyone engaged and entertained. Very happy with everything, especially the level of professionalism. Dance floor was packed for every song, and they included free uplighting and a worm-mic for the officiant.

Great music!

Reviewed on 8/15/2012 Lindsey K

Sounds of the Rockies provided the perfect atmosphere for our wedding. They happily played all of our quirky songs. They have wonderful equipment with a great sound system. Our DJ wanted everyone to dance and have a wonderful time. He asked several times throughout the night if... Read More we were enjoying the music. They were willing to travel down to Denver. Thank you for all of your hard work!

Awesome DJ!

Reviewed on 7/23/2012 Jill C

Michael did a great job. Everyone was involved and dancing the whole night. Many people came up to me and commented on how great he did. Everyone in the office was helpful.

Perfect!

Reviewed on 7/11/2012 Kendra H

Michael was our DJ and he was PERFECT! He kept checking in with us to make sure it was everything we wanted and that the night was what we wanted. He got on the floor to interact with us and teach us dances or get people going. Played everything we wanted and was wonderful! He... Read More put together a mix for my dad and I for our first dance! It was perfect! He was wonderful! Owner and business manager Michelle was winderful to work with at the start - she even emailed me late one night!

Awesome Fun DJ

Reviewed on 7/01/2012 Andrea G

Sounds of the Rockies are very affordable, fun and easy to work with. They made sure our day ran smoothly from start to finish. Our guest had so much dancing! Our DJ was looking out for us all night. He made sure we were up to date on the timeline, and best of all gave us... Read More breath mints because he knew we were talking to people all night. I know that sounds weird but the whole bridal party appreciated his thought. Sounds of the Rockies is simply the best!

Great company and we loved our DJ!

Reviewed on 10/23/2011 Liz A

The entire staff was very professional and helpful. Our DJ Matt, was extremely accomodating and very helpful with ideas when we did not know what we wanted exactly. He was very professional on the night of the wedding, and so many guests commented on how wonderful he was and how... Read More we knew exactly what to play to please the guests that were on the dance floor. It was one of the best parts of the wedding!

Good

Reviewed on 10/23/2011 STEFANY L

Loved the owners we met with and worked with. Our DJ was ok but didnt listen to some spacific instructions.

DJ for Wedding & Reception

Reviewed on 10/16/2011 Chelsea B

While it seems like this was a little more expensive, this DJ did it all! He coordinated everything for the wedding music, put lapel microphones on both my husband and the pastor so that everyone could hear everything said throughout the ceremony. He also allowed us to pick all... Read More the music from when people were being sat to me walking down the aisle to our exit as husband and wife (we didn't want traditional, but that was an option they offer). He also did a fantastic job at our reception, sounding like a radio announcer with tons of energy and funny remarks that fit with our personalities. He made sure everything was timed just right so that we weren't running behind, people weren't waiting to eat, and we got all of our requests in before the end of the night. He was super good at keeping us happy, and often asked us if we needed anything or if we wanted to start this or end that and at what time. He was awesome and very professional. We were incredibly happy, and to have him do both the ceremony and reception took all the stress off of us and allowed us to focus on enjoying our day!

amazing

Reviewed on 10/10/2011 Tiffany C

I would never use anyone else! They had everything I wanted and the dj was so proffessional and just all around awesome!

Great Service and Value!

Reviewed on 9/16/2011 Linda M

The DJ came out on his own time to meet with my husband and I on a Sunday afternoon! He was extremely experienced (32 years) and that was a good thing as we got some rain water in his computer at the beginning of the reception when we turned the tent wall down behind him. He... Read More lost the whole program, but was extremly cool under pressure and regained the music throughout the ceremony by using his cell phone to download the music again! He always kept his composure and was always freindly and kind. He could read the crowd well and supplied music to their liking.

Efficient and professional

Reviewed on 8/23/2011 Lizzy F

Sounds of the Rockies did a great job with the music at our wedding. They communicated with us prior to the wedding about what we wanted during the ceremony and reception. They did initially play the wrong first dance song version, but fixed it quickly. They did a great job... Read More reading the room and kept our guests dancing.

Awesome, awesome, awesome!

Reviewed on 7/27/2011 Audra R

Sean was an incredible DJ. He had great ideas during our pre-wedding meeting and carried them out fully. He people at Sounds of the Rockies are so nice and professional. I would recommend this company!!!

Such a Wonderful Company - Great DJ!

Reviewed on 7/21/2011 Brit C

We were referred to Sounds of the Rockies by our fabulous photographer, Sarah Lee Welch. From start to finish, Sounds of the Rockies was fantastic. Don, the owner, took the time to meet us at our venue to take a peek at the sound system since they hadn't been there in quite some... Read More time. Michelle, the office manager is wonderful! She responds to emails instantly and is extremely eager to help in any way she can! Their wedding planning guide was easy to fill out, and very helpful. It reminded us of several things that we hadn't given thought to. The day of our wedding we met our dj, Matt. He was incredible! Played the exact music we wanted, followed the planning guide perfectly and had great charisma to MC the night. We were truly so happy with Sounds of the Rockies, and we will ALWAYS recommend them. Great job, guys!

GREAT GREAT GREAT!!!

Reviewed on 7/12/2011 Jody E

I used Sounds of the Rockies for my dj and I couldn't be happier. Michelle is SO amazing to work with. She was always there to answer questions or make suggestions with vendors etc. She is very personable and pleasant. There was a miscommunication a couple of weeks before my... Read More wedding and it was handled immediately and I even received a call from the owner Don reassuring me that my wedding would be wonderful, and it was!! Matt was our dj and he was wonderful! He really listened to what we wanted and was perfect for our wedding. VERY professional and did a great job. I couldn't have been happier with SOTR and would highly reccommend them!

Nice job

Reviewed on 6/16/2011 Shauna B

Sounds of the Rockies did a great job DJing my wedding. They kept the night organized and the music going. They were very easy to work with and set things up with. I would recommend them to future brides.

Sound of the Rockies

Reviewed on 10/20/2010 Kristi H

The company was great to work with and there was no hidden fees. They played great music, kept the party hoppin and quick to get back to you with questions. My only disappointment with Sounds of the Rockies is that they played the wrong song when I was coming down the... Read More aisle!! I know it is a big deal, but everything else was great and only the groom and I knew it was the wrong song.