The Best Seattle Wedding DJ

Will your reception be full of fun, laughter, wonderful memories? Voted "Seattle's Best Wedding DJ" again for the sixth time by Seattle's leading bridal magazine! Count on us for personalized and professional service. For the wedding of your dreams, Sounds Unlimited is the best Seattle wedding DJ!

Classical, Disco, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Bow2008 09

301 Union Street, Seattle, WA (206) 364-4000

Reviewed on 5/17/2017 Scott C

Sounds Unlimited exceeded our expectations in every way. We could not be happier with the entire end to end experience. Without hesitation, if any of my closest friends or family were looking for a DJ or lighting specialist, I would tell them Sounds Unlimited is the way to... Read More go. From the first interaction with Amanda, the experience was perfect. The explanation of pricing and options were made clear. She answered my gauntlet of questions, and there were no hidden fees or tricks (I wish I could say that about multiple other companies I interacted with in the Wedding industry, including a DJ we almost went with before Sounds Unlimited and a lighting specialist). I had a specific lighting look in mind, and wanted to ensure that detail was taken care of. Amanda did not hesitate to run down the exact model and provide a photograph of the up lights. As an engineer, I know I can be a pain on the details, but that was not a problem. Sounds Unlimited worked to make me happy. And if I thought I was happy with things up front, wow were my socks knocked off at the actual event. Our DJ Mat P was incredible. Both my wife and I commented to ourselves that night, as well as after the event, that we really "lucked out" going with Sounds Unlimited. We were a little worried about not having a named DJ that we could interview prior to signing the contract, but wow, Mat was perfect and everything we wanted. He played all the music I wanted, took my 9+ hours of songs I selected and streamed them together for an appropriate evening, had a good pulse of the energy or need for slow dances, etc. I could not have asked for a more perfect DJ. Some other things worth mentioning - Beyond the simple introductions, his coordination of the speeches, set up of the mic stand to bring focus to those giving the speeches, his intros, etc, were all flawless. His timing and coordination of the events (cake cutting, toss, first dance) were all perfectly executed too. We had a special circumstance with needing the 'stage' at The Fairmont Garden room to have plenty of room for our first dance (it’s kind of a tight space), and Mat made sure the first half of the evening allowed it up until our first dance was over. Then he repositioned some equipment after for proper viewing and such of the dance floor. That wasn't a problem for Mat and everything was as we wanted it. Finally, Sounds Unlimited undersells their lighting capabilities. Mat nailed everything I asked, and this 'add on' was equal to the dedicated lighting specialists we almost contracted before deciding to leverage Sounds Unlimited. Mat made sure the lighting was all correct and set up, then kept everything at the DJ booth until the ceremony was over, because we didn't even want a low profile 'gizmo' (even though they looked nice and weren't big at all) in any of our ceremony shots (ceremony in The Garden Room, then cocktail hour elsewhere, then back to The Garden Room for the reception). We came back after cocktail hour, and WOW... perfect lighting exactly as I requested. And not just the colors and proper projection up those large glass windows, but also the timing and transition of the colors. You hardly noticed them cycle until you look at pictures that were taken and every other picture has a light green or pink background. Just perfect. From my experience, you just can’t go wrong with Sounds Unlimited. They were worth every cent, even having to write a physical check. :)

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Kim L

Shawn and Sky were the best!!!! I couldn't have asked for a better MC and DJ at my wedding. Shawn went with everything we wanted and more! His guidance, patience and understanding from the time we hired them till the very end was top notch! Sky made the party with great music!... Read More He was fully submerged into each song and making sure to keep everyone alive and dancing. They were amazing and I can't say enough good things. Hire Sounds Unlimited and ask for Shawn and Sky, they will not disappoint!!!

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Ray A

My (now) wife and I had contacted Sounds Unlimited a mere month before our wedding. From the first call all the way to the final hour of our wedding reception - they were phenomenal. Their admin staff worked with us to determine what was best for our situation, and when we... Read More realized literally 'the day before' our wedding, that we were missing something, they helped us at a fair price and with no issue. Special thanks to Amanda, Erin, and Jamie who all worked with us to get contracts signed, songlists created, and to make sure we were happy. But the real magic, and my real shout-out goes to Riley. Whenever I next have to get a DJ, I'm always going to compare them to Sounds Unlimited, and in particular - this great guy who made our wedding PERFECT. The music was phenomenal, the speakers never once crackled or whined, and everything sounded absolutely perfect. No matter how many times we went over to Riley with a question, a concern, or a "hey...we're running late on this or that", he dealt with it wonderfully and was perhaps as much a part of the wedding as -any- of our guests. We have nothing but the utmost love and respect for him and this company that got us what we wanted, when we wanted it, and at a fantastic price.

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Jessica M

Our DJ Mat did an amazing job on everything, went so far above and beyond our expectations for our ceremony and reception I don't feel like I can say enough good things. They were there and set up on time, were great with all announcements, and did an amazing job keeping the... Read More music upbeat and the guests dancing all night.

Reviewed on 4/01/2017 Kindra M

Sounds Unlimited was definitely the right decision. From the start, they were easy to work with and available with any questions throughout the process. They have a majorly convenient online portal to input all your information, and even select song choices. About a week to 2... Read More weeks before the wedding date, your DJ/MC will reach out to set up a call to run through all the details you submitted in the online portal. Our MC had some great suggestions for us where we could improve the flow of the night. Speaking of our MC- Shawn was THE BEST. I was on the fence about reserving both a DJ and an MC for a small, 95-person wedding, but he made a huge difference. He was personable, hilarious, and kept the night so on track that I couldn't even tell you if anything was behind/went wrong/etc. Multiple guests made comments to me in the following weeks about how cool he was. Thanks for the amazing experience!

Reviewed on 1/21/2017 Monica B

Wow, I am so impressed by the service we received from A Sounds Unlimited. We were so well taken care of from the start to end. Our DJ, Stryder, really made our NYE Wedding a blast. Our guests were dancing from the entire night. We received ample complements from all of our... Read More guests about how impressive Stryder was. He danced with us, checked in with the bridal party and other vendors, and really kept the energy up. Really, I am so impressed and will be recommending this company and Stryed to anyone.

Reviewed on 11/27/2016 Angela R

Sounds Unlimited was so easy to work with! They were extremely professional from start all the way to the finish line. Calling and inquiring about their packages was intimidating because I wasn't sure what to expect but the lady I spoke with in their office was friendly (not... Read More pushy at all), knowledgeable and incredibly helpful. Their pricing is very competitive, we went with their basic package and it was perfect for our needs. They have an online planning tool that was awesome because we could mess around with our playlist at home when we felt like it, it really allowed us to customize the music that would be played especially since you can request custom songs if they don't have one in their huge database. Cory was our DJ and he was stellar! We had a call before the wedding and had some changes for our ceremony music, he assured us he would make sure the music got updated and everything would run without a hitch. He did a fantastic job keeping the energy up and we honestly couldn't have asked for a better DJ! Everyone at Sounds Unlimited was very professional, kind and easy to work with. Thank you!

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Jessica P

Spent $945 on ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception music. We won free uplighting from them during a bridal show, but they didn't actually bring them... Mat played really good music and kept the whole party on the dance floor until midnight. The only reason I am not giving... Read More them 5 stars is: 1. He was very talkative/chatty during the 'ritual' stuff. (E.g. you don't need to explain to people why or how we're cutting the cake. Just say we're cutting the cake now and play the song we picked. He also talked through the "touching" moments after speeches) 2. We didn't get a DJ assigned until a few days beforehand. This was in the contract, and so not unexpected, however it added more stress the week of not knowing who we were leaning on or whether they had the right songs. 3. He played the wrong version of the song I walked down the aisle to. I didn't notice at all (was focused on not falling/sobbing loudly) but my husband did. He was annoyed since we even gave the DJ a tablet with the versions we wanted pre-downloaded.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Katie H

Shawn and DJ Sky were amazing! They keept the party going and everyone loved that they were dancing behind the booth. would absolutely recommend!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Chris D

Matthew from Sounds Unlimited was THE BEST DJ we could have asked for. The dance floor was full for the entire reception; he played the best music all night long. He was very professional with all announcements and was clearly making sure everyone had an amazing evening!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Kelsey G

I used Sounds unlimited this past weekend (October 1st) and was more than pleased!! I loved every. Single. Bit. Of them. They took all of my requests and honored them all. Even with last minute changes!! I just have to say, Jamar our MC made my night amazing!! I do not know what... Read More we would have done without him. Connor our DJ KILLED it. He was perfect. I had so many comments that night, and ever since because of how amazing they were. Definitely recommending!! Thank you guys so much!!!

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Soo L

Eric and his team was professional from the start. Eric met with us early on to get to know us get a feel for what are needs were and made it happen at the Woodmark. Music selection was great, the flow was perfect and it was a good balance of entertainment. He wasn't cheesy and... Read More he made requests happen. Because we are from out of state, I was even more wowed with the care and service.

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Tiffany R

They did an amazing job. Everything was perfect. The music for the ceremony was on point and the DJ and MC did a great job with keeping the ceremony and reception flowing. Their website was amazing for picking music and setting up a timeline. They were even able to find music... Read More that wasn't listed on their website. They were always fast getting back to us with any questions that we had and were very professional and nice. I would recommend them to anyone.

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 Amber M

Sounds Unlimited is absolutely amazing! Great to work with the entire way through and the DJ and MC we had were great! Eric was our MC and he nailed it! Couldn't have asked for better service!

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Rhylee G

I used Sounds Unlimited last weekend for my daughters wedding at the Foundry in Seattle. They were soo professional, on time, etc. but yet personable. I def recommend them, and will use them in the future for any dj/mc needs i have

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Garrett M

Nate was such an awesome DJ. He made sure everything went smoothly for us and ensured the dance floor was packed all night! Played the best music. Thank you!!!

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Susan E

I can not say enough positive things about Sounds Unlimited. From the start they were wonderful. From the initial phone call to setting the date, to providing a perfect wedding for my bride and I. They were top notch and I would recommend their services again 100% of the time.... Read More We selected a package that provided a DJ/MC it was the perfect set up. The DJ kept the music playing all night and never once missed a cue for the music we were looking for. Likewise the MC added the perfect touch to make our night feel even that more special. What a great experience.

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Krista H

Sounds unlimited made our wedding fantastic! We had an MC and a DJ, these two made our wedding just what we wanted it to be! The music for the ceremony was perfect and it went off without a hitch! Rob, our MC got the party going and kept it going, our dance floor was never... Read More empty! He knew just what songs to play that kept people dancing, and knew when he needed to slow it down so people could catch their breath! Aidan, our DJ kept the music going smoothly and the transitions from each song were not noticeable. We loved every minute of it! They made our wedding great! Our guests are still talking about how much fun they had! If you want a great wedding go with Sounds Unlimited!

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Kimberly K

Our DJ, Nate, was amazing! He played all of our "must play" list and was great at interacting with us and our guests.

Reviewed on 9/03/2016 Riley F

Sounds Unlimited was the perfect choice of DJ for our wedding! They are super professional and very easy to work with! Our DJ was Stryder. He was awesome! He totally understood the atmosphere we wanted to create for our guests and was excited to make all of our ideas a reality.... Read More The setup and tear down happened so smoothly and Stryder was the perfect MC. He kept people on the dance floor, played all the right music and even joined us for a dance or two! We would recommend working with them any time!

Reviewed on 8/27/2016 Allison F

I couldn't imagine my wedding without Riley and Dorothy at Sounds Unlimited. By far the best in the PNW. thank you for being a part of our special day and being a part of what made it the most amazing day. Everyone had so much fun dancing.

Reviewed on 8/25/2016 Shelby P

I can't say enough good things about Sounds Unlimited but specifically our MC Helena and DJ Erik. Helena went above and beyond to get some unique music into the mix which my husband's family loved and got the whole wedding up and moving. Erik played a great selection of music to... Read More keep the tempo flowing. Helena was so sweet, did an awesome job managing the flow of the wedding and was so flexible. She checked in with me, rearranged to accommodate sunset pictures and was an overall joy to work with. Dorothy the admin was a pleasure to work with, provided great communication and answered all of my questions. All in all they were an absolute pleasure to work with and made sure our day went off without a hitch.

Reviewed on 8/25/2016 Cailin F

We had a great experience with Sounds Unlimited! From start to finish it was very straight forward. The admin team was very responsive and was helpful through the whole process. The website to select your songs and set a timeline was also very easy to complete. This helped when... Read More it came time to discuss with the DJ/MC because your timeline was already established. We had a quick call with our DJ a couple days before and it was very helpful to run through and finalize the timeline. Our DJ Kentron was great. He was very punctual and professional. On the day of, he was also flexible with the timeline and there were no issues. Overall we had a great experience with Sounds Unlimited and would recommend to other couples getting married!

Reviewed on 8/25/2016

We were frantic looking for a DJ, band, etc. and when we came across Sounds Unlimited, they were very understanding of everything that we wanted! Our DJ, Trevor was incredible! He worked with us all the way up until the day of the wedding on his drive over! Wonderful service... Read More all around!

Reviewed on 8/24/2016 Emily D

Sounds Unlimited was awesome! Everyone on their staff was wonderful to work with. 10 days prior to our wedding I had an in-depth conversation with our DJ and was able to go over schedule and he provided me with great ideas. The day of they arrived plenty early and were ready... Read More to go by the time everyone started showing up. I would highly recommended using Sound Unlimited. I only purchased the DJ package and it was perfect – my DJ, Nate was awesome.