Sounds Unlimited - Wedding DJ Services

Seattle, WA

The Best Seattle Wedding DJ

Will your reception be full of fun, laughter, wonderful memories? Voted "Seattle's Best Wedding DJ" again for the sixth time by Seattle's leading bridal magazine! Count on us for personalized and professional service. For the wedding of your dreams, Sounds Unlimited is the best Seattle wedding DJ!

Classical, Disco, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Bow2008 09

PO Box 55428, Seattle, WA (206) 364-4000

Reviewed on 5/17/2017 Scott C

Sounds Unlimited exceeded our expectations in every way. We could not be happier with the entire end to end experience. Without hesitation, if any of my closest friends or family were looking for a DJ or lighting specialist, I would tell them Sounds Unlimited is the way to... Read More go. From the first interaction with Amanda, the experience was perfect. The explanation of pricing and options were made clear. She answered my gauntlet of questions, and there were no hidden fees or tricks (I wish I could say that about multiple other companies I interacted with in the Wedding industry, including a DJ we almost went with before Sounds Unlimited and a lighting specialist). I had a specific lighting look in mind, and wanted to ensure that detail was taken care of. Amanda did not hesitate to run down the exact model and provide a photograph of the up lights. As an engineer, I know I can be a pain on the details, but that was not a problem. Sounds Unlimited worked to make me happy. And if I thought I was happy with things up front, wow were my socks knocked off at the actual event. Our DJ Mat P was incredible. Both my wife and I commented to ourselves that night, as well as after the event, that we really "lucked out" going with Sounds Unlimited. We were a little worried about not having a named DJ that we could interview prior to signing the contract, but wow, Mat was perfect and everything we wanted. He played all the music I wanted, took my 9+ hours of songs I selected and streamed them together for an appropriate evening, had a good pulse of the energy or need for slow dances, etc. I could not have asked for a more perfect DJ. Some other things worth mentioning - Beyond the simple introductions, his coordination of the speeches, set up of the mic stand to bring focus to those giving the speeches, his intros, etc, were all flawless. His timing and coordination of the events (cake cutting, toss, first dance) were all perfectly executed too. We had a special circumstance with needing the 'stage' at The Fairmont Garden room to have plenty of room for our first dance (it’s kind of a tight space), and Mat made sure the first half of the evening allowed it up until our first dance was over. Then he repositioned some equipment after for proper viewing and such of the dance floor. That wasn't a problem for Mat and everything was as we wanted it. Finally, Sounds Unlimited undersells their lighting capabilities. Mat nailed everything I asked, and this 'add on' was equal to the dedicated lighting specialists we almost contracted before deciding to leverage Sounds Unlimited. Mat made sure the lighting was all correct and set up, then kept everything at the DJ booth until the ceremony was over, because we didn't even want a low profile 'gizmo' (even though they looked nice and weren't big at all) in any of our ceremony shots (ceremony in The Garden Room, then cocktail hour elsewhere, then back to The Garden Room for the reception). We came back after cocktail hour, and WOW... perfect lighting exactly as I requested. And not just the colors and proper projection up those large glass windows, but also the timing and transition of the colors. You hardly noticed them cycle until you look at pictures that were taken and every other picture has a light green or pink background. Just perfect. From my experience, you just can’t go wrong with Sounds Unlimited. They were worth every cent, even having to write a physical check. :)

Reviewed on 11/20/2017 Teresa W

First of all if you are a planner and like to be in touch with your vendor team, this may not be the best option for you. Sounds Unlimited prides themselves on "picking the perfect team for you, based on your music profile you fill out." However, you won't hear from your actual... Read More DJ or MC until a week before, (In our case it was 4 days before our wedding when we actually talked to someone). My husband and I had stressed from the beginning we had a special project that would play during dinner. We met at a baseball game and had baseball movie clips professionally edited to play during dinner. We rented Sound Unlimited's A/V equipment, and I had asked my MC a few times (which I finally heard from him) if there was any specific cords we needed to make this turn out right. He didn't get back to me until THE DAY OF my wedding. Really? You're going to ask a bride-to-be questions about equipment while she's getting ready THE DAY OF her wedding?? Very poor preparation on the MC's part. I had trusted and was assured everything was set. I tested all the movie clips before the wedding and knew they all worked fine. However, my husband and wedding party said the DJ and MC did not test them while setting up. So, when it came time for dinner and my husband and I were supposed to be walking up to the last out of the Cubs' World Series win, there was video but no audio. Ever tried to follow "Who's on First" from Abbott and Costello, or James Earl Jones' speech in "Field of Dreams" without sound? It just doesn't work. While this didn't ruin our night, it did ruin a special experience we wanted for our guests, which we can never get back. Sounds Unlimited did offer to refund the equipment rental fee, however had we accepted, we wouldn't have been able share our experience with you all here. Bottom line we hope that this served as a learning experience for the company and hope their professionalism improves for future clients.

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 Rachel L

We had MC Shaun and DJ Sky as our wedding DJ & MC. literally 2 months before the wedding we started calling SOUNDS UNLIMITED, a few times a week: sometimes asking about lighting, sometimes renting projector screen, sometimes just asking them to play background effect videos (for... Read More dancing) and I ended up using none of those from them but they were so patient and answered all of my questions through calls and emails. I never had to leave a voicemail with them. They always pick up the phone. This is the 2nd most reliable and responsive vendors in my vendor list (the first is my photographers). I spent 3 weeks drafting songs to play in my wedding down to the minutes. (I was overproducing lol) and changed it even til the week before the week when I’m not supposed to. The list is required to be submitted a month before and no changes made after that; but they were happy to accommodate my wish. I really appreciate that. I didn’t know my MC&DJ til a week before my wedding. I canceled my first conference call with my MC because we were going back and forth between Seattle and Portland and my parents were jetlagged from international flight and traffic and etc. we didn’t make it back home in time for the phone call. MC SHAUN was so understanding and reassured us it’s ok. And we scheduled a different appointment time. Our conference call took 2 hours =))) when it’s usually only 40 min. We didn’t let MC SHAUN go til 11pm. Both me and my husband wanted a lot for our wedding, I was literally specifying what song to be play at what minute. And MC SHAUN was very patient and polite; we told me the DJ will play most of the songs from my list but it’s not a concert (to be more exact rave because I pick a lot of EDM songs), it’s a wedding so we will play based on how guests are feeling. They will play my songs but not necessarily in the order I want except for my ceremony. Shaun was so polite; he didn’t want to hurt my feelings lol 3 days before wedding, we asked them if they can move their station around because we want them to be at 2 different spots for our ceremony +the rest of the night. They were happy to do it once for us! I felt like we were very demanding. Anyhow, on the wedding day, they were around 2pm (ceremony started at 4), very professional, greeted me and my husband and others, reassuring me everything will be taken care of and asking me if I need anything or any changes let them know. And during cocktail, dinner reception, my DJ, Sky was dancing to almost every song, very energetic and passionate about music. Just like me! He even played my Vietnamese and Korean songs I picked (he later told me he didn’t know them til I put them in my list, and he pretty liked them. Lol) My ceremony music was so on point. Bridal party entrance music on point, first dance, anniversary dance, general dance omg I think we had a blast! All my friends loved the DJ. One of my cousins who is getting married next year asked us if she can get his info. She wants him to be her wedding DJ but I’m not sure if he is willing to travel all the way to San Jose haha. Anyhow, MC Shaun and DJ Sky as well as Sounds Unlimited Company as a whole have gone above and beyond. Met my expectations and even surpassed it. I love them and was glad to have them be a part of my wedding. For the price and the quality, 2 for 1, I don’t think you can find this great combo anywhere else. There is a reasons for the large amount of great reviews on the knot xD

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Jenny H

Sounds Unlimited literally saved my wedding! On the morning of my wedding, I realized that there was an extremely high chance that the DJ I had booked was not going to show up (long story short, I couldn't get a hold of my DJ during the last two weeks prior to wedding and he... Read More had some extremely negative reviews from a few weeks prior to my wedding). I called Sounds Unlimited first because they were one of the vendors I had originally spoken with and liked and knew that they work with a group of DJs, which offered a higher chance of potentially having someone available at the very last minute. I called at 6AM on Saturday, the morning of my wedding day. I only expected to hear an answering machine that might tell me when their office will open, if at all, over the weekend. To my pleasant surprise, an on-call answering service person picked up the phone and took down my message. She passed it to Julie, who was the best person that I could have talked to that morning. Julie listed to my story about what was going on. She sympathized with me and assured me that she will do everything in her power to help find me a DJ that day. She was even willing to contact the company's competitors for me, if none of the Sounds Unlimited DJs were available. She provided me with frequent updates throughout the morning and found me a last minute replacement DJ before 10AM! I don't know what I would have done without Julie and Sounds Unlimited. Julie's calming and reassuring voice and demeanor helped me to get through this very stressful situation. Daniel ended up being our DJ and did a fantastic job, given that he only had a 6-hour notice. Thank you so much, Julie, Daniel, and Sounds Unlimited!

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Michelle A

Our DJ and MC were absolutely amazing! One of the best decision we made for our wedding day! Not only was the music exactly what we wanted but the MC made the whole day go by smoothly and stay on our timeline. I would recommend Sounds Unlimited to everyone!

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Elizabeth P

I cannot say enough wonderful things about this company. As far as weddings go we had quite a few issues with other vendors and PERRIN came in and washed all of those worries away! He was an incredible MC and was fabulous at reading what was going on and quickly responded. I... Read More called him day of with a change and was so easy breezy but on it at the same time. My husband and I have very different tastes in music and he did a perfect blend of what we both enjoyed. We had originally booked for more time and we had multiple guests come up to us commenting how lively he was and asked us how we knew him (he fit right in, felt like a long-time friend). Wish I could give you guys 10 stars, thanks for being so amazing. Perrin- you are a rockstar!

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Caitlin S

Such a great DJ company! Both the DJ and MC were very professional and accommodating the whole night. I've already recommended them to other couples! The process for picking music is also really easy. Ask for Shawn & Morgan!

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Hannah H

Sounds Unlimited is AMAZING! They made the process of booking a DJ extremely easy. I loved that they sent me a site where I could set up the schedule of events, star my favorite songs and do not play list, and let the DJ know what songs to play for each event. It made my wedding... Read More planning way less stressful. We also had the most incredible DJ. He was funny, kind and knew how to play songs based on the flow of the evening. The week before the wedding he called me and we went over the flow, song choices and timeline. He had great ideas for the wedding including a fun game to allow tables to get dinner. Everything ran smoothly and all my guests loved his performance! I would highly recommend Sounds Unlimited!

2017-09-27T17:15:26 Response from the vendor

Hi Hannah, Thank you so much for the kind words. We really enjoyed taking this journey with you and Adam while you planned the perfect wedding day. We wish you both a world of happiness!

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Katherine K

Sounds Unlimited matched me to Stryder Meza and I cannot praise him and his DJ and MC services enough. Stryder was the life of the party, he was incredibly personable and comfortable to talk to, he was flexible with our changing timeline and kept the whole evening on track. I... Read More was blown away at how thorough, observant and genuinely interested Stryder was. I loved having him and so did my guests; I still have friends and family telling me how much they loved him!

Reviewed on 9/22/2017 Ling W

Our DJ, Jesus, was everything we could have asked for and more. He worked with us to understand not only what specific songs we wanted but the overall feel we wanted to embody on our wedding day. The booking process was effortless and the online portal made it really easy for us... Read More to communicate our event details. Overall great experience, highly recommended!

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Jasmine N

The music was definitely on point for my wedding!! Started out slow and comfortable, and then as promised, played music to get EVERYONE on the dance floor! Kyle was our DJ and he did an awesome job, also a super nice guy! Scott was our MC, also super sweet guy, kept our guests... Read More going, let them know what was coming next. Helped us stay on time and have a great time! The company was also very prompt to my emails and questions! I would definitely recommend!

Reviewed on 8/16/2017 Mackenzie K

Sounds Unlimited was one of the very best decisions we made for our wedding!! Scott, our MC, was fabulous to work with and kept things on time as well as communicated with us when we got off schedule and rolled with the punches with a smile on his face. Our DJ, Sky, was an... Read More amazing DJ!! We got compliments on him all night long, everybody wanted the playlist and couldn't believe it when I just said it was him being awesome! We HIGHLY recommend this company for anybody's wedding or event, they were seriously the BEST!! I cannot write enough good things.

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Graeme K

Sounds Unlimited was a wonderful choice for our wedding. Randy and Erik were a great duo who helped our big day run smoothly and chose songs wonderfully based on the mood of the crowd. My wife and I were so pleased with Sounds Unlimited and also spoke with other guests at our... Read More wedding that felt the same. I would recommend utilizing Sounds Unlimited for anyone looking for DJ/MC services.

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Kelsey C

Sounds unlimited was great. DJ Jesus kept our party going til the very end. The rest of the staff leading up to our wedding was great too and extremely accommodating. I had made some special requests and they were always ready to help. Definitely recommend this company for... Read More any weddings!

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Hali F

We found this DJ on the knot and found such wonderful reviews for them! They were wonderful with the process of choosing our music with their online application. We however forgot to look over and finalize the list (our fault) so they graciously reopened the account for us,... Read More however the new info we added did not save correctly so we had to resend everything to our DJ once we were in communication with them. Our DJ was very friendly and polite. However, he showed up late to our wedding, we had to start our ceremony 15 minutes late which was frustrating for everyone because everyone else was on time and ready. I was willing to let it go and not worry about it. But then after the ceremony as we were getting ready to be introduced to reception I, the bride, confirmed our wedding party of 6 people names. He pronounced my name (THE BRIDE) incorrectly and one of my bridesmaids after telling him the pronunciation minutes before, those two things then lowered my rating for him automatically. The music was good for the most part, I do have to say it kept everyone having a good time dancing. We were specific of one artist we did not want played, which was played. We also asked to have our college fight song played which the old version from like the 1800's was picked by the DJ instead of the popular one used today... then immediately after he played our rival colleges song... not cool! Our guests booed him until someone ran up and told him to turn it off. Lastly, the contract said we could add extended hours. My husband gave him $100 tip (we'd obviously pay the extra hour additionally) and asked him to stay another hour and to play an AC/DC song, the DJ argued with him saying that his boss would not allow either to happen. Our wedding planner had to get involved to make him stay. Overall we had a good time regardless of the problems that arose and I am sad to say this but I would do your research before selecting the company as your DJ. We thought they had amazing reviews but discovered a totally different experience than others.

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Sierra B

So great. I loved them but they were a bit out of my budget and they worked with me to figure out a plan that I could afford. The set up for selecting dance and ceremony music was easy and detailed. We had Julian and he showed up, did an amazing job and played to the crowd... Read More perfectly. I didnt even meet him until after the ceremony since everything was crazy but he was a total pro. My favorite part was when he played Bohemian Rhapsody when he got a feel for the crowd and my mom, cousin and I sang they whole thing to the crowd. Loved them and would highly recommend.

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Rebecca K

I hired Sounds Unlimited to DJ my wedding. When they came in, i expected them to just DJ. I was so shocked and relieved when they took over the wedding. I did not hire a wedding planner so to say i was stressed out would be an understatement. They took care of everything for me... Read More so i was able to enjoy my wedding. They kept everyone entertained, energized, and dancing. Best service i have had from anywhere.

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 DOROTHY C

Sounds Unlimited was amazing! The online planner was really helpful during the planning phase of our wedding and the staff was so responsive to questions and emails. Kentron and Morgan were our DJ and MC and they really made the party! Both of them were professional and really... Read More fun and totally understood the vibe we were going for with our wedding...we wanted a relaxed time in our backyard! Before the wedding, we talked with Kentron about our playlist and song choices and he not only had great ideas and suggestions to help the night flow, but he really got us (even more) excited for the party aspect of our wedding! On the day of Morgan showed up early to set up and both Kentron and Morgan were ready even though gusts showed up earlier than planned! Throughout the night they worked with our coordinator and with me to be sure everything was running smoothly! Couldn't be happier with our choice and their service!

Reviewed on 6/30/2017 Molly W

Our DJ Paul did such a great job at our wedding. He was great to work with and got everyone dancing. Close to the end of the reception, Paul checked in with us about which last songs we really wanted to hear, which we really appreciated. Everything with Sounds Unlimited was... Read More great, from booking to the wedding day!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Amber M

Our DJ Julian and MC Jamar did a fantastic job! PRE-WEDDING: We had the opportunity to meet our MC prior to the big day. He was warm, welcoming, fun personality and thorough. We knew from that moment, we were going to have an awesome group leading for people to have a great... Read More time! DAY-OF: On the big day, they went to our day-of coordinator (EVENTFUL Moments) for everything and had the music cued perfectly! It literally went off like clockwork. The setup & teardown from our ceremony to our reception was quick & seamless. They had the music up and running in a matter of minutes. RECEPTION: They did an absolutely fantastic job getting songs cued up and even were able to pull some really random requests from our guests. It was epic. DANCING: Without a doubt - I'm pretty sure Jamar had some of the best dance moves EVER! He was an absolute HOOT and our family loved him. He fit right in and had a blast! I would definitely hire these guys again!

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Kristen P

Absolutely the best! We hired Sounds Unlimited after receiving two recommendations from friends and we are so happy we did. Our MC, Jamar and Erik, the DJ were fantastic. Jamar worked with us every step of the way and went above and beyond to ensure our wedding was a blast.... Read More Erik did a great job with the music selection and made sure everyone was having a great time! We got tons of compliments from our guests that this was one of the best weddings they have ever been too! We definitely contribute that to Sounds Unlimited!

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Amy J

Sounds unlimited was an excellent choice for our wedding DJ! Our DJ/MC Julian was flexible, professional and very fun. Everyone loved the music he played and kept giving us compliments on how awesome he was! We have never hired a DJ for an event but he set the bar high for the... Read More future. The communication with Erin was flawless and she always got back to me when I had a question or clarification. Highly recommend :)

Reviewed on 6/11/2017 Kristin Q

Sounds Unlimited was perfect! We loved working with them! Our wedding planner had recommended them, for good reasons! They were super helpful from the beginning on which package is right for us. Their prices are reasonable and the service is outstanding! We had Kentron as our MC... Read More and he didn't disappoint. He kept the dance floor alive and was super energetic. I would recommend Sounds Unlimited to all of my friends!

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Gail R

We hired Sounds Unlimited for my daughter's wedding at the MV Skansonia in Seattle on Friday, June 2nd. We were thrilled with our DJ, Mat, who did a fantastic job of making our relatively small group feel like a great party! He was great to work with, paying attention to the... Read More bride and groom's needs and playlists. He was early to the venue to have things set up in plenty of time. He timed everything during the ceremony very well. During the reception, he was spot on with transitions and with letting the crowd know what was up next. We enjoyed his friendly and professional vibe, and he kept the dance floor rocking with great tunes and cool lighting. The company is very professional and easy to work with, and really accommodated all our needs. We highly recommend Sounds Unlimited for your wedding!

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Kim L

Shawn and Sky were the best!!!! I couldn't have asked for a better MC and DJ at my wedding. Shawn went with everything we wanted and more! His guidance, patience and understanding from the time we hired them till the very end was top notch! Sky made the party with great music!... Read More He was fully submerged into each song and making sure to keep everyone alive and dancing. They were amazing and I can't say enough good things. Hire Sounds Unlimited and ask for Shawn and Sky, they will not disappoint!!!