Sounds Unlimited - Wedding DJ Services

Seattle, WA

The Best Seattle Wedding DJ

Will your reception be full of fun, laughter, wonderful memories? Voted "Seattle's Best Wedding DJ" again for the sixth time by Seattle's leading bridal magazine! Count on us for personalized and professional service. For the wedding of your dreams, Sounds Unlimited is the best Seattle wedding DJ!

Classical, Disco, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Bow2008 09

PO Box 55428, Seattle, WA (206) 364-4000

Reviewed on 5/17/2017 Scott C

Sounds Unlimited exceeded our expectations in every way. We could not be happier with the entire end to end experience. Without hesitation, if any of my closest friends or family were looking for a DJ or lighting specialist, I would tell them Sounds Unlimited is the way to... Read More go. From the first interaction with Amanda, the experience was perfect. The explanation of pricing and options were made clear. She answered my gauntlet of questions, and there were no hidden fees or tricks (I wish I could say that about multiple other companies I interacted with in the Wedding industry, including a DJ we almost went with before Sounds Unlimited and a lighting specialist). I had a specific lighting look in mind, and wanted to ensure that detail was taken care of. Amanda did not hesitate to run down the exact model and provide a photograph of the up lights. As an engineer, I know I can be a pain on the details, but that was not a problem. Sounds Unlimited worked to make me happy. And if I thought I was happy with things up front, wow were my socks knocked off at the actual event. Our DJ Mat P was incredible. Both my wife and I commented to ourselves that night, as well as after the event, that we really "lucked out" going with Sounds Unlimited. We were a little worried about not having a named DJ that we could interview prior to signing the contract, but wow, Mat was perfect and everything we wanted. He played all the music I wanted, took my 9+ hours of songs I selected and streamed them together for an appropriate evening, had a good pulse of the energy or need for slow dances, etc. I could not have asked for a more perfect DJ. Some other things worth mentioning - Beyond the simple introductions, his coordination of the speeches, set up of the mic stand to bring focus to those giving the speeches, his intros, etc, were all flawless. His timing and coordination of the events (cake cutting, toss, first dance) were all perfectly executed too. We had a special circumstance with needing the 'stage' at The Fairmont Garden room to have plenty of room for our first dance (it’s kind of a tight space), and Mat made sure the first half of the evening allowed it up until our first dance was over. Then he repositioned some equipment after for proper viewing and such of the dance floor. That wasn't a problem for Mat and everything was as we wanted it. Finally, Sounds Unlimited undersells their lighting capabilities. Mat nailed everything I asked, and this 'add on' was equal to the dedicated lighting specialists we almost contracted before deciding to leverage Sounds Unlimited. Mat made sure the lighting was all correct and set up, then kept everything at the DJ booth until the ceremony was over, because we didn't even want a low profile 'gizmo' (even though they looked nice and weren't big at all) in any of our ceremony shots (ceremony in The Garden Room, then cocktail hour elsewhere, then back to The Garden Room for the reception). We came back after cocktail hour, and WOW... perfect lighting exactly as I requested. And not just the colors and proper projection up those large glass windows, but also the timing and transition of the colors. You hardly noticed them cycle until you look at pictures that were taken and every other picture has a light green or pink background. Just perfect. From my experience, you just can’t go wrong with Sounds Unlimited. They were worth every cent, even having to write a physical check. :)

Reviewed on 9/22/2017 Ling W

Our DJ, Jesus, was everything we could have asked for and more. He worked with us to understand not only what specific songs we wanted but the overall feel we wanted to embody on our wedding day. The booking process was effortless and the online portal made it really easy for us... Read More to communicate our event details. Overall great experience, highly recommended!

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Jasmine N

The music was definitely on point for my wedding!! Started out slow and comfortable, and then as promised, played music to get EVERYONE on the dance floor! Kyle was our DJ and he did an awesome job, also a super nice guy! Scott was our MC, also super sweet guy, kept our guests... Read More going, let them know what was coming next. Helped us stay on time and have a great time! The company was also very prompt to my emails and questions! I would definitely recommend!

Reviewed on 8/16/2017 Mackenzie K

Sounds Unlimited was one of the very best decisions we made for our wedding!! Scott, our MC, was fabulous to work with and kept things on time as well as communicated with us when we got off schedule and rolled with the punches with a smile on his face. Our DJ, Sky, was an... Read More amazing DJ!! We got compliments on him all night long, everybody wanted the playlist and couldn't believe it when I just said it was him being awesome! We HIGHLY recommend this company for anybody's wedding or event, they were seriously the BEST!! I cannot write enough good things.

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Graeme K

Sounds Unlimited was a wonderful choice for our wedding. Randy and Erik were a great duo who helped our big day run smoothly and chose songs wonderfully based on the mood of the crowd. My wife and I were so pleased with Sounds Unlimited and also spoke with other guests at our... Read More wedding that felt the same. I would recommend utilizing Sounds Unlimited for anyone looking for DJ/MC services.

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Graeme K

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Kelsey C

Sounds unlimited was great. DJ Jesus kept our party going til the very end. The rest of the staff leading up to our wedding was great too and extremely accommodating. I had made some special requests and they were always ready to help. Definitely recommend this company for... Read More any weddings!

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Hali F

We found this DJ on the knot and found such wonderful reviews for them! They were wonderful with the process of choosing our music with their online application. We however forgot to look over and finalize the list (our fault) so they graciously reopened the account for us,... Read More however the new info we added did not save correctly so we had to resend everything to our DJ once we were in communication with them. Our DJ was very friendly and polite. However, he showed up late to our wedding, we had to start our ceremony 15 minutes late which was frustrating for everyone because everyone else was on time and ready. I was willing to let it go and not worry about it. But then after the ceremony as we were getting ready to be introduced to reception I, the bride, confirmed our wedding party of 6 people names. He pronounced my name (THE BRIDE) incorrectly and one of my bridesmaids after telling him the pronunciation minutes before, those two things then lowered my rating for him automatically. The music was good for the most part, I do have to say it kept everyone having a good time dancing. We were specific of one artist we did not want played, which was played. We also asked to have our college fight song played which the old version from like the 1800's was picked by the DJ instead of the popular one used today... then immediately after he played our rival colleges song... not cool! Our guests booed him until someone ran up and told him to turn it off. Lastly, the contract said we could add extended hours. My husband gave him $100 tip (we'd obviously pay the extra hour additionally) and asked him to stay another hour and to play an AC/DC song, the DJ argued with him saying that his boss would not allow either to happen. Our wedding planner had to get involved to make him stay. Overall we had a good time regardless of the problems that arose and I am sad to say this but I would do your research before selecting the company as your DJ. We thought they had amazing reviews but discovered a totally different experience than others.

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Sierra B

So great. I loved them but they were a bit out of my budget and they worked with me to figure out a plan that I could afford. The set up for selecting dance and ceremony music was easy and detailed. We had Julian and he showed up, did an amazing job and played to the crowd... Read More perfectly. I didnt even meet him until after the ceremony since everything was crazy but he was a total pro. My favorite part was when he played Bohemian Rhapsody when he got a feel for the crowd and my mom, cousin and I sang they whole thing to the crowd. Loved them and would highly recommend.

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Rebecca K

I hired Sounds Unlimited to DJ my wedding. When they came in, i expected them to just DJ. I was so shocked and relieved when they took over the wedding. I did not hire a wedding planner so to say i was stressed out would be an understatement. They took care of everything for me... Read More so i was able to enjoy my wedding. They kept everyone entertained, energized, and dancing. Best service i have had from anywhere.

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 DOROTHY C

Sounds Unlimited was amazing! The online planner was really helpful during the planning phase of our wedding and the staff was so responsive to questions and emails. Kentron and Morgan were our DJ and MC and they really made the party! Both of them were professional and really... Read More fun and totally understood the vibe we were going for with our wedding...we wanted a relaxed time in our backyard! Before the wedding, we talked with Kentron about our playlist and song choices and he not only had great ideas and suggestions to help the night flow, but he really got us (even more) excited for the party aspect of our wedding! On the day of Morgan showed up early to set up and both Kentron and Morgan were ready even though gusts showed up earlier than planned! Throughout the night they worked with our coordinator and with me to be sure everything was running smoothly! Couldn't be happier with our choice and their service!

Reviewed on 6/30/2017 Molly W

Our DJ Paul did such a great job at our wedding. He was great to work with and got everyone dancing. Close to the end of the reception, Paul checked in with us about which last songs we really wanted to hear, which we really appreciated. Everything with Sounds Unlimited was... Read More great, from booking to the wedding day!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Amber M

Our DJ Julian and MC Jamar did a fantastic job! PRE-WEDDING: We had the opportunity to meet our MC prior to the big day. He was warm, welcoming, fun personality and thorough. We knew from that moment, we were going to have an awesome group leading for people to have a great... Read More time! DAY-OF: On the big day, they went to our day-of coordinator (EVENTFUL Moments) for everything and had the music cued perfectly! It literally went off like clockwork. The setup & teardown from our ceremony to our reception was quick & seamless. They had the music up and running in a matter of minutes. RECEPTION: They did an absolutely fantastic job getting songs cued up and even were able to pull some really random requests from our guests. It was epic. DANCING: Without a doubt - I'm pretty sure Jamar had some of the best dance moves EVER! He was an absolute HOOT and our family loved him. He fit right in and had a blast! I would definitely hire these guys again!

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Kristen P

Absolutely the best! We hired Sounds Unlimited after receiving two recommendations from friends and we are so happy we did. Our MC, Jamar and Erik, the DJ were fantastic. Jamar worked with us every step of the way and went above and beyond to ensure our wedding was a blast.... Read More Erik did a great job with the music selection and made sure everyone was having a great time! We got tons of compliments from our guests that this was one of the best weddings they have ever been too! We definitely contribute that to Sounds Unlimited!

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Amy J

Sounds unlimited was an excellent choice for our wedding DJ! Our DJ/MC Julian was flexible, professional and very fun. Everyone loved the music he played and kept giving us compliments on how awesome he was! We have never hired a DJ for an event but he set the bar high for the... Read More future. The communication with Erin was flawless and she always got back to me when I had a question or clarification. Highly recommend :)

Reviewed on 6/11/2017 Kristin Q

Sounds Unlimited was perfect! We loved working with them! Our wedding planner had recommended them, for good reasons! They were super helpful from the beginning on which package is right for us. Their prices are reasonable and the service is outstanding! We had Kentron as our MC... Read More and he didn't disappoint. He kept the dance floor alive and was super energetic. I would recommend Sounds Unlimited to all of my friends!

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Gail R

We hired Sounds Unlimited for my daughter's wedding at the MV Skansonia in Seattle on Friday, June 2nd. We were thrilled with our DJ, Mat, who did a fantastic job of making our relatively small group feel like a great party! He was great to work with, paying attention to the... Read More bride and groom's needs and playlists. He was early to the venue to have things set up in plenty of time. He timed everything during the ceremony very well. During the reception, he was spot on with transitions and with letting the crowd know what was up next. We enjoyed his friendly and professional vibe, and he kept the dance floor rocking with great tunes and cool lighting. The company is very professional and easy to work with, and really accommodated all our needs. We highly recommend Sounds Unlimited for your wedding!

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Kim L

Shawn and Sky were the best!!!! I couldn't have asked for a better MC and DJ at my wedding. Shawn went with everything we wanted and more! His guidance, patience and understanding from the time we hired them till the very end was top notch! Sky made the party with great music!... Read More He was fully submerged into each song and making sure to keep everyone alive and dancing. They were amazing and I can't say enough good things. Hire Sounds Unlimited and ask for Shawn and Sky, they will not disappoint!!!

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Ray A

My (now) wife and I had contacted Sounds Unlimited a mere month before our wedding. From the first call all the way to the final hour of our wedding reception - they were phenomenal. Their admin staff worked with us to determine what was best for our situation, and when we... Read More realized literally 'the day before' our wedding, that we were missing something, they helped us at a fair price and with no issue. Special thanks to Amanda, Erin, and Jamie who all worked with us to get contracts signed, songlists created, and to make sure we were happy. But the real magic, and my real shout-out goes to Riley. Whenever I next have to get a DJ, I'm always going to compare them to Sounds Unlimited, and in particular - this great guy who made our wedding PERFECT. The music was phenomenal, the speakers never once crackled or whined, and everything sounded absolutely perfect. No matter how many times we went over to Riley with a question, a concern, or a "hey...we're running late on this or that", he dealt with it wonderfully and was perhaps as much a part of the wedding as -any- of our guests. We have nothing but the utmost love and respect for him and this company that got us what we wanted, when we wanted it, and at a fantastic price.

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Jessica M

Our DJ Mat did an amazing job on everything, went so far above and beyond our expectations for our ceremony and reception I don't feel like I can say enough good things. They were there and set up on time, were great with all announcements, and did an amazing job keeping the... Read More music upbeat and the guests dancing all night.

Reviewed on 4/01/2017 Kindra M

Sounds Unlimited was definitely the right decision. From the start, they were easy to work with and available with any questions throughout the process. They have a majorly convenient online portal to input all your information, and even select song choices. About a week to 2... Read More weeks before the wedding date, your DJ/MC will reach out to set up a call to run through all the details you submitted in the online portal. Our MC had some great suggestions for us where we could improve the flow of the night. Speaking of our MC- Shawn was THE BEST. I was on the fence about reserving both a DJ and an MC for a small, 95-person wedding, but he made a huge difference. He was personable, hilarious, and kept the night so on track that I couldn't even tell you if anything was behind/went wrong/etc. Multiple guests made comments to me in the following weeks about how cool he was. Thanks for the amazing experience!

Reviewed on 1/21/2017 Monica B

Wow, I am so impressed by the service we received from A Sounds Unlimited. We were so well taken care of from the start to end. Our DJ, Stryder, really made our NYE Wedding a blast. Our guests were dancing from the entire night. We received ample complements from all of our... Read More guests about how impressive Stryder was. He danced with us, checked in with the bridal party and other vendors, and really kept the energy up. Really, I am so impressed and will be recommending this company and Stryed to anyone.

Reviewed on 11/27/2016 Angela R

Sounds Unlimited was so easy to work with! They were extremely professional from start all the way to the finish line. Calling and inquiring about their packages was intimidating because I wasn't sure what to expect but the lady I spoke with in their office was friendly (not... Read More pushy at all), knowledgeable and incredibly helpful. Their pricing is very competitive, we went with their basic package and it was perfect for our needs. They have an online planning tool that was awesome because we could mess around with our playlist at home when we felt like it, it really allowed us to customize the music that would be played especially since you can request custom songs if they don't have one in their huge database. Cory was our DJ and he was stellar! We had a call before the wedding and had some changes for our ceremony music, he assured us he would make sure the music got updated and everything would run without a hitch. He did a fantastic job keeping the energy up and we honestly couldn't have asked for a better DJ! Everyone at Sounds Unlimited was very professional, kind and easy to work with. Thank you!

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Jessica P

Spent $945 on ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception music. We won free uplighting from them during a bridal show, but they didn't actually bring them... Mat played really good music and kept the whole party on the dance floor until midnight. The only reason I am not giving... Read More them 5 stars is: 1. He was very talkative/chatty during the 'ritual' stuff. (E.g. you don't need to explain to people why or how we're cutting the cake. Just say we're cutting the cake now and play the song we picked. He also talked through the "touching" moments after speeches) 2. We didn't get a DJ assigned until a few days beforehand. This was in the contract, and so not unexpected, however it added more stress the week of not knowing who we were leaning on or whether they had the right songs. 3. He played the wrong version of the song I walked down the aisle to. I didn't notice at all (was focused on not falling/sobbing loudly) but my husband did. He was annoyed since we even gave the DJ a tablet with the versions we wanted pre-downloaded.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Katie H

Shawn and DJ Sky were amazing! They keept the party going and everyone loved that they were dancing behind the booth. would absolutely recommend!