Sounds Unlimited - Wedding DJ Services

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Bow2008 09

301 Union Street, Seattle, WA

Reviewed on 6/22/2015 Nicole J

Quality from start to finish! We booked the 'Elite' wedding package from Sounds Unlimited, and were so happy that we decided to go with a DJ/MC pair, it really took the entertainment to the next level. Our MC Paul did an excellent job keeping the party going, incorporating... Read More dozens of little details (reading our thank-you note to our guests at the end of the night, intro music for the toasts, working the crowd to get everyone involved) that made the entertainment top-notch without ever being too in your face or over the top cheesy. Paul & DJ Ricky did an awesome job reading the room and shifting the music to get lots of different groups dancing and having fun while staying true to our music style as a couple. Planning with Sounds Unlimited is a breeze. They are prompt and responsive via email or phone, and their online music planner makes it so easy to plan every detail, from ceremony to timeline to every song you want to (or don't want to) hear. Their database is extensive, but they also are flexible and will help procure your specific music selections if they don't have them. Our MC Paul conferenced with us the week of our wedding to review every detail and make sure it was perfect, and also was sure to introduce himself and verify the itinerary before the ceremony. They also reached out and contacted our venue ahead of time to coordinate set up and logistics, giving us one less thing to worry about. We had them perform the music for both our ceremony and reception, and by working with our venue coordinator they identified a single set-up location where they could run speakers to our outdoor ceremony and work with our coordinator to cue the music for the ceremony and then transition seamlessly into the reception without a break in music. Finding a great wedding DJ was something that my fiance and I were really nervous about during the planning process, but Sounds Unlimited simply blew us away with their service and expertise - highly recommended!

2015-06-25T14:47:13 Response from the vendor

Thank You Nicole! It was awesome getting to know you and Jordan through this process and see everything come together. You were such a joy to work with and I am delighted we were able to take the stress off of you during this process.... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/26/2015

When we were looking for a DJ/MC for our wedding, we first checked out our venue's vendors list before we started to look around. A Sounds Unlimited was the recommended DJ on our vendors list and I decided to e-mail them to inquire about their packages and pricing. Dorothy was... Read More the one that received my e-mail and helped me schedule a free consultation with Amanda over the phone. Almost immediately after the phone call, Amanda followed up with an e-mail with their packages and pricing. After talking to Amanda and seeing their pricing, we knew we did not have to look any further. We had the classic package and there was even a promotion going on (lucky us!). Amanda and Dorothy were always there to reply my e-mails / phone calls. They were responsive and great to work with. They are always paying attention to details and sending me reminders which I appreciate very much. Their quick responses made me feel at ease in times I was feeling stressed. We loved the timeline / music planner. This is a great way to let your DJ know what songs you want to hear and you do not want to hear. You have to file the timeline planner a month before the wedding and we totally love this system. This was a motivation for us to actually sit down, think about how you want your wedding day to look like and figure out an itinerary. Without the deadline I think we would have a much less organized day. Even though we had to file the planner a month before the wedding, last moment adjustments had to be made in our case but that was completely fine. Our DJ/MC Carter Vliem handled it just fine. He actually received the final timeline / his texts for announcement on the morning of the event and yet managed to do a wonderful job. Our guests kept giving us compliments of how smooth everything went. A Sounds Unlimited has a great team to help you with your wedding day and they are definitely worth your money. We cannot be more happy to have A Sounds Unlimited be a part of our special day.

2015-08-27T15:37:38 Response from the vendor

Meliany I am so touched by your kind words and can't thank you enough! We had such a wonderful time working with you throughout this journey and extremely happy everyone had such an amazing evening! Thank you again for choosing us to to be a... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/02/2015 Heather B

We are so pleased with our DJ Eric. He was wonderful before and after the wedding, attending to our every need. The week before the wedding we had a phone meeting to discuss our music selection (from the wedding planner section on the Sounds Unlimited website), he seemed almost... Read More as excited about our choices as we did and we really clicked personality wise. He was instrumental in helping us plan out the ceremony and reception flow of events. This was something that we really had no idea about and were thankful he stepped in to guide us. During that week before the wedding I had also wanted to plan a special surprise for my husband-to-be during the reception, Eric and I must have emailed 8 or 9 times back and forth the get it set up. We were trying to have my stepdaughter sing a song for her dad, which took planning, and finding the right music in the right format, etc. I don't think this level of communication and planning is typical and maybe not in the job description, but he was wonderful in helping get the details worked out. On the day of the wedding he was outstanding, there ahead of schedule, pleasant to our families, very friendly and professional. He kept the whole night on schedule and made great announcements. He also was great at getting the guests to participate and have fun. I would highly recommend Sounds unlimited for your DJ company, they were also very easy to work with and professional. But mostly I would recommend Eric, ask for him by name.

2015-05-11T17:24:39 Response from the vendor

Heather, it was so great to work with you and Ken! I know Eric had a fantastic time being a part of your wedding and really enjoyed helping to bring all your thoughts together. He told me it was an awesome dance party and that... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Katie H

Shawn and DJ Sky were amazing! They keept the party going and everyone loved that they were dancing behind the booth. would absolutely recommend!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Chris D

Matthew from Sounds Unlimited was THE BEST DJ we could have asked for. The dance floor was full for the entire reception; he played the best music all night long. He was very professional with all announcements and was clearly making sure everyone had an amazing evening!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Kelsey G

I used Sounds unlimited this past weekend (October 1st) and was more than pleased!! I loved every. Single. Bit. Of them. They took all of my requests and honored them all. Even with last minute changes!! I just have to say, Jamar our MC made my night amazing!! I do not know what... Read More we would have done without him. Connor our DJ KILLED it. He was perfect. I had so many comments that night, and ever since because of how amazing they were. Definitely recommending!! Thank you guys so much!!!

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Soo L

Eric and his team was professional from the start. Eric met with us early on to get to know us get a feel for what are needs were and made it happen at the Woodmark. Music selection was great, the flow was perfect and it was a good balance of entertainment. He wasn't cheesy and... Read More he made requests happen. Because we are from out of state, I was even more wowed with the care and service.

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Tiffany R

They did an amazing job. Everything was perfect. The music for the ceremony was on point and the DJ and MC did a great job with keeping the ceremony and reception flowing. Their website was amazing for picking music and setting up a timeline. They were even able to find music... Read More that wasn't listed on their website. They were always fast getting back to us with any questions that we had and were very professional and nice. I would recommend them to anyone.

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 Amber M

Sounds Unlimited is absolutely amazing! Great to work with the entire way through and the DJ and MC we had were great! Eric was our MC and he nailed it! Couldn't have asked for better service!

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Rhylee G

I used Sounds Unlimited last weekend for my daughters wedding at the Foundry in Seattle. They were soo professional, on time, etc. but yet personable. I def recommend them, and will use them in the future for any dj/mc needs i have

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Garrett M

Nate was such an awesome DJ. He made sure everything went smoothly for us and ensured the dance floor was packed all night! Played the best music. Thank you!!!

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Susan E

I can not say enough positive things about Sounds Unlimited. From the start they were wonderful. From the initial phone call to setting the date, to providing a perfect wedding for my bride and I. They were top notch and I would recommend their services again 100% of the time.... Read More We selected a package that provided a DJ/MC it was the perfect set up. The DJ kept the music playing all night and never once missed a cue for the music we were looking for. Likewise the MC added the perfect touch to make our night feel even that more special. What a great experience.

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Krista H

Sounds unlimited made our wedding fantastic! We had an MC and a DJ, these two made our wedding just what we wanted it to be! The music for the ceremony was perfect and it went off without a hitch! Rob, our MC got the party going and kept it going, our dance floor was never... Read More empty! He knew just what songs to play that kept people dancing, and knew when he needed to slow it down so people could catch their breath! Aidan, our DJ kept the music going smoothly and the transitions from each song were not noticeable. We loved every minute of it! They made our wedding great! Our guests are still talking about how much fun they had! If you want a great wedding go with Sounds Unlimited!

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Kimberly K

Our DJ, Nate, was amazing! He played all of our "must play" list and was great at interacting with us and our guests.

Reviewed on 9/03/2016 Riley F

Sounds Unlimited was the perfect choice of DJ for our wedding! They are super professional and very easy to work with! Our DJ was Stryder. He was awesome! He totally understood the atmosphere we wanted to create for our guests and was excited to make all of our ideas a reality.... Read More The setup and tear down happened so smoothly and Stryder was the perfect MC. He kept people on the dance floor, played all the right music and even joined us for a dance or two! We would recommend working with them any time!

Reviewed on 8/27/2016 Allison F

I couldn't imagine my wedding without Riley and Dorothy at Sounds Unlimited. By far the best in the PNW. thank you for being a part of our special day and being a part of what made it the most amazing day. Everyone had so much fun dancing.

Reviewed on 8/25/2016 Shelby P

I can't say enough good things about Sounds Unlimited but specifically our MC Helena and DJ Erik. Helena went above and beyond to get some unique music into the mix which my husband's family loved and got the whole wedding up and moving. Erik played a great selection of music to... Read More keep the tempo flowing. Helena was so sweet, did an awesome job managing the flow of the wedding and was so flexible. She checked in with me, rearranged to accommodate sunset pictures and was an overall joy to work with. Dorothy the admin was a pleasure to work with, provided great communication and answered all of my questions. All in all they were an absolute pleasure to work with and made sure our day went off without a hitch.

Reviewed on 8/25/2016 Cailin F

We had a great experience with Sounds Unlimited! From start to finish it was very straight forward. The admin team was very responsive and was helpful through the whole process. The website to select your songs and set a timeline was also very easy to complete. This helped when... Read More it came time to discuss with the DJ/MC because your timeline was already established. We had a quick call with our DJ a couple days before and it was very helpful to run through and finalize the timeline. Our DJ Kentron was great. He was very punctual and professional. On the day of, he was also flexible with the timeline and there were no issues. Overall we had a great experience with Sounds Unlimited and would recommend to other couples getting married!

Reviewed on 8/25/2016

We were frantic looking for a DJ, band, etc. and when we came across Sounds Unlimited, they were very understanding of everything that we wanted! Our DJ, Trevor was incredible! He worked with us all the way up until the day of the wedding on his drive over! Wonderful service... Read More all around!

Reviewed on 8/24/2016

Sounds Unlimited was awesome! Everyone on their staff was wonderful to work with. 10 days prior to our wedding I had an in-depth conversation with our DJ and was able to go over schedule and he provided me with great ideas. The day of they arrived plenty early and were ready... Read More to go by the time everyone started showing up. I would highly recommended using Sound Unlimited. I only purchased the DJ package and it was perfect – my DJ, Nate was awesome.

Reviewed on 8/22/2016

Sounds Unlimited was spectacular from start to finish. The MC Eric was incredible. He was available to make sure everything went as planned, provided his expert advice and accommodated any adjustments to the schedule. The music was sound was excellent. Well worth the money... Read More to have the MC and DJ. I wouldn't look anywhere else to hire for another event. Sounds Unlimited is a class act.

Reviewed on 8/17/2016

Excellent service from start to finish! I worked with Dorothy booking the DJ for my August 14th Wedding. She was wonderful and quick to understand my needs. From there, I had full access to their online database and selected many songs that I wanted to hear (and not near) at our... Read More wedding. The selection was great, and for the songs they didn't have, I was able to provide them on an MP3 player for my DJ. Once the event drew nearer, I was put in contact with our DJ (Nate) who spent an hour on the phone with me during our first "meeting". He went through our entire event and clarified my preference sheet to properly understand what I was looking for. On the day of the event, Nate was not only prompt, but early. He called me when he arrived to let me know he was onsite and setting up. During the event, things went off without a hitch. Nate was even able to make last minute adjustments when I decided to nix a couple announcements. Overall, we had a wonderful experience with Sounds Unlimited and I definitely recommend their services to any and all future couples looking for a wedding DJ! We HONESTLY got 10 compliments on how much Nate eas enjoying himself and what a great job he was doing with the music. Thank you Sounds Unilmited!!

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Jennifer C

We had an absolutely amazing time with Sounds Unlimited and we can't say enough good things about our DJ and the job he did. His work completely made our night and his idea to have our last dance in a circle of our friends and family was beautiful, poignant, and special; I know... Read More it's a memory we're going to cherish for the rest of our lives. We can't thank Sounds Unlimited enough for the work they did in connecting us with a DJ who really understood us and our tastes; Matthew really made magic out there. We're so happy that we chose them for our reception.

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Leann B

By far the best money we spent on our wedding was to Sounds Unlimited! Our MC Rob was AMAZING! He was there for anything we needed, he was up beat and energetic and had great ideas for us during the interview process for little things during the wedding that we didn't think of!... Read More Our DJ, Trevor, also played amazing music that kept our guests on the dance floor and not wanting to leave. We had SO many people tell us how amazing they thought Rob and Trevor were! We will definitely be recommending them to anyone looking for DJ services in the future! Thanks again!!

Reviewed on 8/13/2016

Our MC, Jamar Hicks was amazing. We met with him a week before our wedding and he put us completely at ease. Our venue was a little tricky because there were so many different areas that we needed to shuffle our guests to and Jamar did a great job coordinating and keeping the... Read More party flowing. He was able to read the crowd and kept the night going seamlessly. He was extremely prepared and professional. Our guests were also very impressed by him. He helped us create the perfect event and provided excellent suggestions. I would highly recommend him.

Start a Conversation!