Sounds Unlimited - Wedding DJ Services

Seattle, WA

The Best Seattle Wedding DJ

Will your reception be full of fun, laughter, wonderful memories? Voted "Seattle's Best Wedding DJ" again for the sixth time by Seattle's leading bridal magazine! Count on us for personalized and professional service. For the wedding of your dreams, Sounds Unlimited is the best Seattle wedding DJ!

Classical, Disco, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Bow2008 09

301 Union Street, Seattle, WA

Reviewed on 6/22/2015 Nicole J

Quality from start to finish! We booked the 'Elite' wedding package from Sounds Unlimited, and were so happy that we decided to go with a DJ/MC pair, it really took the entertainment to the next level. Our MC Paul did an excellent job keeping the party going, incorporating... Read More dozens of little details (reading our thank-you note to our guests at the end of the night, intro music for the toasts, working the crowd to get everyone involved) that made the entertainment top-notch without ever being too in your face or over the top cheesy. Paul & DJ Ricky did an awesome job reading the room and shifting the music to get lots of different groups dancing and having fun while staying true to our music style as a couple. Planning with Sounds Unlimited is a breeze. They are prompt and responsive via email or phone, and their online music planner makes it so easy to plan every detail, from ceremony to timeline to every song you want to (or don't want to) hear. Their database is extensive, but they also are flexible and will help procure your specific music selections if they don't have them. Our MC Paul conferenced with us the week of our wedding to review every detail and make sure it was perfect, and also was sure to introduce himself and verify the itinerary before the ceremony. They also reached out and contacted our venue ahead of time to coordinate set up and logistics, giving us one less thing to worry about. We had them perform the music for both our ceremony and reception, and by working with our venue coordinator they identified a single set-up location where they could run speakers to our outdoor ceremony and work with our coordinator to cue the music for the ceremony and then transition seamlessly into the reception without a break in music. Finding a great wedding DJ was something that my fiance and I were really nervous about during the planning process, but Sounds Unlimited simply blew us away with their service and expertise - highly recommended!

2015-06-25T14:47:13 Response from the vendor

Thank You Nicole! It was awesome getting to know you and Jordan through this process and see everything come together. You were such a joy to work with and I am delighted we were able to take the stress off of you during this process.... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/26/2015

When we were looking for a DJ/MC for our wedding, we first checked out our venue's vendors list before we started to look around. A Sounds Unlimited was the recommended DJ on our vendors list and I decided to e-mail them to inquire about their packages and pricing. Dorothy was... Read More the one that received my e-mail and helped me schedule a free consultation with Amanda over the phone. Almost immediately after the phone call, Amanda followed up with an e-mail with their packages and pricing. After talking to Amanda and seeing their pricing, we knew we did not have to look any further. We had the classic package and there was even a promotion going on (lucky us!). Amanda and Dorothy were always there to reply my e-mails / phone calls. They were responsive and great to work with. They are always paying attention to details and sending me reminders which I appreciate very much. Their quick responses made me feel at ease in times I was feeling stressed. We loved the timeline / music planner. This is a great way to let your DJ know what songs you want to hear and you do not want to hear. You have to file the timeline planner a month before the wedding and we totally love this system. This was a motivation for us to actually sit down, think about how you want your wedding day to look like and figure out an itinerary. Without the deadline I think we would have a much less organized day. Even though we had to file the planner a month before the wedding, last moment adjustments had to be made in our case but that was completely fine. Our DJ/MC Carter Vliem handled it just fine. He actually received the final timeline / his texts for announcement on the morning of the event and yet managed to do a wonderful job. Our guests kept giving us compliments of how smooth everything went. A Sounds Unlimited has a great team to help you with your wedding day and they are definitely worth your money. We cannot be more happy to have A Sounds Unlimited be a part of our special day.

2015-08-27T15:37:38 Response from the vendor

Meliany I am so touched by your kind words and can't thank you enough! We had such a wonderful time working with you throughout this journey and extremely happy everyone had such an amazing evening! Thank you again for choosing us to to be a... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/02/2015 Heather B

We are so pleased with our DJ Eric. He was wonderful before and after the wedding, attending to our every need. The week before the wedding we had a phone meeting to discuss our music selection (from the wedding planner section on the Sounds Unlimited website), he seemed almost... Read More as excited about our choices as we did and we really clicked personality wise. He was instrumental in helping us plan out the ceremony and reception flow of events. This was something that we really had no idea about and were thankful he stepped in to guide us. During that week before the wedding I had also wanted to plan a special surprise for my husband-to-be during the reception, Eric and I must have emailed 8 or 9 times back and forth the get it set up. We were trying to have my stepdaughter sing a song for her dad, which took planning, and finding the right music in the right format, etc. I don't think this level of communication and planning is typical and maybe not in the job description, but he was wonderful in helping get the details worked out. On the day of the wedding he was outstanding, there ahead of schedule, pleasant to our families, very friendly and professional. He kept the whole night on schedule and made great announcements. He also was great at getting the guests to participate and have fun. I would highly recommend Sounds unlimited for your DJ company, they were also very easy to work with and professional. But mostly I would recommend Eric, ask for him by name.

2015-05-11T17:24:39 Response from the vendor

Heather, it was so great to work with you and Ken! I know Eric had a fantastic time being a part of your wedding and really enjoyed helping to bring all your thoughts together. He told me it was an awesome dance party and that... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/15/2015

Very professional, experienced and easy to work with. Our wedding was out of town in a remote area and Sounds Unlimited was still able to provide amazing service.

Reviewed on 10/02/2015

i will highly recommend Sounds Unlimited to any one looking for excellent service and great DJs. Our DJ Nate did an awesome job! He kept the dance floor alive and full all night! He was able to gauge the crowd and noticed when things needed to slow down or get people moving... Read More again. Nate also paid great attention to detail for our timeline of events on the day of our wedding. This helped to keep everything running smooth and even more time to dance the night away. We can't thank you all enough for helping us out and answering any questions along the way to our wedding! -Alyssa

Reviewed on 9/30/2015

We are so glad that we chose Sounds Unlimited for our DJ/MC services! They did a great job of matching us up with our MC John. John was a pleasure to work with leading up to the event and day of. We were really impressed by how easy going, fun, and organized John was. Our guests... Read More seemed to be equally pleased, we received so many compliments about our MC and DJ from everyone!

Reviewed on 9/10/2015 Heather S

They did a wonderful job at my wedding! I appreciate all of the help and coordination of the events going on! I would recommend them to anyone! They had fantastic music and wonderful help! Eric was the master of ceremonies and did a wonderful job!

Reviewed on 9/06/2015

We loved having Sounds Unlimited be our wedding DJ! It was so easy to set up everything, and they were very flexible with our needs and wants! Mat was perfect and made our whole wedding day a breeze! He was very professional and even socialized with the guests, which was so... Read More awesome! 5 stars all the way!

Reviewed on 9/04/2015 Suzi D

Sounds Unlimited is great! They are very friendly, helpful, and organized. They texted me to make sure everything was going well with the wedding planning. Amanda also texted me reminders of when I needed to complete our music forms. This was very helpful because we had so many... Read More other things going on. It is hard to keep track of everything that needs to be done. They were also very responsive when my husband or I emailed or called with a question. Our DJ Forrest was amazing! When I talked to him about a week before the wedding he was so helpful! My husband and I did not know what songs we wanted played for certain things so Forrest suggested them. He was able to read the crowd and switch up the music to get everyone on the dance floor. He was able to make the diverse crowd happy. We had a lot of older and younger people so it is harder to please everyone. It was great when he was able to get my aunts and uncles dancing. He was very helpful with the wedding schedule too. He had some great suggestions on when to throw the bouquet and when to cut the cake. When my husband and I were leaving at the end of the night he made it an amazing end to the night. He picked out a song that he thought the crowd would like. Then he announced that it was time for my husband and I to leave. He told everyone to follow us outside. We didn’t have anything for the guest to throw or sparklers so everyone just cheered as we walked outside. It was an amazing end to the night. People keep telling me how much fun they had at our wedding because of the dancing. I highly recommend Sounds Unlimited!

Reviewed on 9/01/2015 rachel m

I highly recommend going with sounds unlimited!!! They did an amazing job at my wedding. They also kept in contact with me before the wedding to make sure all my planning was going ok. My dj was john wright and he did an excellent job!!!

2015-09-01T18:24:29 Response from the vendor

Rachel, I am so excited to hear how much you enjoyed John as your MC. I know he had a great time at your wedding and we really appreciate your feedback. :)

Reviewed on 8/26/2015

Sounds Unlimited was amazing! From the office staff to our DJ and MC, everyone was extremely responsive and open to working with us to make sure all details fit our wants and needs. I was completely at ease before and during our reception because I knew everything would be... Read More handled. Highly recommend!

2015-08-27T15:32:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Alicia! You and Drew were so great to work with and I really appreciate you sharing your kind words. I hope you have a wonderful time on your cruise and wish you all the best! :)

Reviewed on 8/19/2015 Beatrice S

Nat was great, guest requested other plays, and he accommodate them,keep the flow going, Would highly recommend Nat

2015-08-27T15:20:57 Response from the vendor

Bea, thank you so much for your thoughts and input regarding Nate and his service for your wedding! We will be sure to pass along the kudos, and we wish you the best in your journey together as newlyweds :)

Reviewed on 8/14/2015

We're so happy we found Sounds Unlimited for our wedding. We had finished planning everything months ahead of our wedding. It was supposed to be a pretty low-key event, and we had planned to play our own music playlist at the wedding, and didn't see much need for an MC since my... Read More father wanted to make the introductions. But we made last-minute decision have a dance floor, and thought a DJ and MC would be make things go a little smoother. Sean and Ricky were perfect! After I already selected songs for Ricky to play, my bride had a last-minute request for something completely different at the event, and Ricky played exactly what was needed for us and our guests. And with several unexpected changes at the venue, Shawn rolled with it, and was very accommodating and understanding of the situation. In addition to being a great MC and running interference with the venue staff, he was extremely friendly and courteous. Overall, Shawn and Ricky were very professional, very flexible, and a must-have for a stress-free event.

2015-08-27T15:24:01 Response from the vendor

Phu and Tram, we are so happy to hear that you had an amazing and stress-free experience! This is our hope for every couple, and your event was definitely one amazing party! We were honored that you selected us to be a part of your... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/10/2015 Hilary M

We loved working with Sounds Unlimited! Amanda was great! She always made herself available and was very responsive. We went for the classic package with ceremony sound system. Despite the wind, the ceremony music sounded great. Our DJ was Forrest, and he was fantastic! I... Read More didn't give him much direction, and he was able to keep our guests dancing all night! He read the crowd perfectly! We couldn't be happier and Forrest and Sounds Unlimited!

2015-08-27T15:28:00 Response from the vendor

We are delighted that Forrest was such a great fit for you and your wedding, Hilary! We will definitely let him know that you appreciated his contribution to your amazing day. Congratulations on your new lives together!

Reviewed on 8/06/2015

Couldn't have been happier with our service. Very easy to use service, and extremely flexible with what we wanted. They did a fantastic job!

2015-08-27T15:53:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for kind words! We are pleased to hear that you were so happy with our services! :)

Reviewed on 7/27/2015 Katie T

We were referred from a friend about 'A Sounds Unlimited' and I'm very glad that we were! My wedding planner also suggested that we try and request Darmeny Jones to be our M.C. because she had worked with him in the past and had nothing but great things to say about him. Darmeny... Read More was absolutely fantastic! He met with us a couple weeks before our wedding and instantly we took a liking to him. He has a great personality and is very professional (you can tell this is what he does for a living). The day-of our wedding, he went above and beyond to make our ceremony and reception perfect. Our guests all loved him. I even had four of our guests ask for his contact information! We highly recommend 'A Sounds Unlimited' especially our M.C. Darmeny Jones!

2015-07-27T22:07:55 Response from the vendor

I am so thrilled to hear how fantastic everything went for you and Luke! I know Darmeny had a wonderful time and said you and your guests were dancing all night long! It was a pleasure to be a part of such an important day... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/23/2015 Jillian C

We met Sounds unlimited and Eric at a wedding event in Seattle and if you have been to one of them trust me there are a million different vendors there. It was the professionalism of Eric and the team there that helped us choose to go with them. From the very beginning their... Read More team helped us pick the best music and understood the type of environment we wanted our wedding to feel like. Eric and Drakkar and Amanda made things easy and fun. From the second that they showed up to the venue ( Early and starting setting up ) they were cracking jokes and working with the team to ensure that the music was right and everything was perfect for us. If you are looking for the perfect DJ / MC go with Sounds Unlimited. You will not be disappointed. BTW ask for Eric, Drakkar and Amanda.

2015-07-24T15:40:20 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Tim and Jill! I really enjoyed getting to know the two of you and I was touched to hear how happy you were with the service Eric and Drakkar provided. I wish the two of you the very best as you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/17/2015 Megan H

From the beginning, they were always helpful and quick to respond to emails and calls. Our MC was Kentron, who was a perfect fit for us. He was polite and willing to make changes and go with the flow of the wedding. His communication with us from the first phone call was great.... Read More He was great with my needs as a bride to have great music, which he delivered. I had the best time with Sounds Unlimited and Kentron. Thanks a bunches!

2015-07-20T17:23:19 Response from the vendor

Megan, I am so thrilled that Kentron was the perfect match for you and Allen! I had such a great time working with the two of you and really appreciate your kind words! Congratulations again! :)

Reviewed on 6/05/2015 Jana P

I wish we could give even more stars to describe how amazing our MC Darmeny & DJ Ricky were!! Darmeny came highly recommended to us from a family friend and I am so glad for her referral. Darmeny met with my then fiance and I over a year before our actual wedding date. He was... Read More the first vendor we booked because we just fell in love with him right away! Throughout the year of planning he came out to our wedding venue with us to do a walk through. We had countless email exchanges and hours on the phone planning. Darmeny put so much time into our wedding and really got to know us as a couple which really showed on the wedding day. He felt like a friend and we could not have asked for anyone better! Darmeny was like a wedding coordinator, DJ, MC all in one! He kept things going, people engaged, everyone excited. Our guests were blown away by all the special touches and the extras that he incorporated to make our day unique and not like every other wedding we've been to. We put our full trust in him and were not disappointed, we could not be more grateful to him! Our guests are still talking about him and wondering how we found such an awesome gem! We cannot thank Darmeny and Ricky enough or sing their praises high enough. You guys are the best ever!! Thank you a million times for making our wedding so special, unique, fun, romantic, and one in a million!

2015-06-16T17:23:33 Response from the vendor

Jana I am so glad we got the opportunity to be a part of your wedding! I am thrilled to hear that Darmeny and Ricky were such a great match. I know they had a wonderful time making everything so special for you. Thank you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/20/2015 Kelly B

Awesome wedding DJ's! Drakkar was an amazing Master of Ceremony and kept the party alive on the dance floor. I loved working with the online planning tool and everyone in the office staff was helpful via email. Drakkar kept touching base with me throughout the night to make sure... Read More things were going the way I wanted and even ended up staying late since there were still people dancing. I would highly recommend Sounds Unlimited to anyone looking for a flawless DJ in the Seattle Area!

2015-05-21T13:19:04 Response from the vendor

Hi Kelly - I really appreciate you taking the time to review your MC Drakkar. It was really great to read all your kind words and so glad we could help through the planning process! I know Drakkar had a fantastic time and so glad... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/24/2015

Mat from Sounds Unlimited was the DJ of my wedding and I couldnt be happier. Even when we planned everything just five days before the big day, Mat could prepare for us all the songs we wanted. Even during the wedding, we asked if he could play a particular arabic song from an... Read More iphone and he managed to do it, which made my husband's family so happy with the surprise. Professional, kind and reliable. I totally recommend them!

2015-05-11T17:27:44 Response from the vendor

Emilia, it was such a pleasure to be a part of your vow renewal. I know Mat had a fantastic time and I was thrilled we could make this happen for you in such a short amount of time! Everything was so beautiful. Thank you!!... Read Less Read More

Your day, your way

Reviewed on 3/29/2015 Micki P

Had a fabulous time working with Sounds Unlimited! From the start of planning everyone was so helpful of making our day perfect, from the sales rep, admins and DJ were all a pleasure to work with! All questions answered in a timely manner and all had very professional... Read More suggestions. Our DJ Matt was such a doll, he took time to understand us as a couple and our needs and really became a part of the wedding! I would recommend Matt and Sounds Unlimited to any bride out there and I am for sure to use their service again in the future for entertainment needs!

2015-05-11T17:30:15 Response from the vendor

Hi Micki, thank you so much for sharing your kind words! It was an honor to be a part of Paul's and your big day -- here's to a wonderful life together with many more reasons to celebrate! :-)

Reviewed on 12/02/2014 Alycia B

We used Sounds Unlimited for the DJ & MC at our wedding this past month and we couldn't be happier! They helped make the night a great success. The DJ (Skyy) had so much enthusiasm and was right on cue for all our songs. His playlist was perfect! Randy (the MC) helped streamline... Read More the entire night and was very flexible with changes in timing on all the events. Randy helped to make sure everything was seamless throughout the night and we couldn't have done it without them! I highly recommend using Sounds Unlimited to any event, and especially if you are wanting a perfect wedding experience!

Fun, Entertaining, Professional

Reviewed on 11/26/2014 Brittany S

We used Sounds Unlimited for our November 2014 wedding. We had Eric as our MC and Dan as our DJ. The two gentleman were simply amazing! They had the dance floor packed all night but kept the attention on the bride and groom. They were professional and entertaining as they... Read More come! We would highly recommend Sounds Unlimited! Especially Eric and Dan!

Amazing DJ's

Reviewed on 11/18/2014 Brittney B

My M.C. was Eric and he was amazing! He had great suggestions, easy to talk to, and the wedding ran very smoothly! During our reception we played a slideshow and weren't able to get volume from our own source and Eric immediately came to the rescue, and queued up the music for... Read More us! The music always plays a big role in the atmosphere of a wedding, and everyone keeps telling us how much fun it was. I highly recommend these guys!