Soundwaves Entertainment

Serving Lancaster, York, Harrisburg, Spring Grove

Creating Dream Wedding Celebrations since 1983!

Your Wedding is one of the most important days of your life, an event that you and your family and friends will remember for the rest of your lives. We work carefully with you to help create a memorable reception experience that you and your guests will never forget. We understand the significance of even the smallest detail! Our staff of professional DJ’s are experienced and open to your ideas and would love to help you create a unique wedding celebration that truly reflects your style and personality! Our goal is to ensure that you and your guests have the time of your lives! It’s Your Day, Done exactly Your Way! We also provide photo booths, up lighting, monogram lights, Dancing On A Cloud, Dancing Under The Stars, Cake Spotlight, Projectors, and our New Lighted Mr. & Mrs sign!

African, Caribbean, Celtic, Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Indian, Jazz, Latin, Polka, Pop, R&B, Rock, World Music

After Party, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Sound Equipment, Music, Planning, Audio/Visual Equipment

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100
824ddd67 fb0e 4a26 92a4 d4996b0d2b23~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100

Serving Lancaster, York,, Spring Grove, PA Serving Lancaster, York, Harrisburg, Spring Grove (717) 225-5562

Reviewed on 6/17/2017 Rachel C

There's a reason Soundwaves entertainment has been voted "best of" on the Knot for five years in a row! We worked with Chris and he truly delivered. We loved that we could utilize a planning website to designate which songs we absolutely wanted, some that would be good if there... Read More was time, and which songs to not play at all. He took the time to meet with us personally and run through the wedding day timeline and discuss everything that should happen. We also added on a photo booth package which was not only affordable but one of the better booths I've seen - instead of a small closed-in space, there was a large backdrop (that we could choose) and SO MANY PROPS! people really loved this! We also received all of the photo booth photos after the wedding to share with our guests. The entertainment that Chris and his wife provided on our wedding day went just as planned- from the ceremony music to the last dance! He also threw in some songs that although we didn't request, they got everyone up on the dance floor. Our guests had a wonderful time at our wedding and so did we, and much of that is due to Soundwaves Entertainment. I would absolutely book with them again!

Reviewed on 6/05/2017

Chris was the absolute BEST. Could not have been happier with his DJ skills. Many couples worry about making sure theie guest dance, but this was never a problem since Chris seriously delivered. The entire ballroom was dancing the entire night both on the dance floor and around... Read More it. Chris also followed our unique requests and I never felt like I needed to guide him throughout the night. He took total charge and that allowed us to just have a blast dancing. You will not regret hiring him for your wedding. Thank you a million times!

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Amanda R

I had the pleasure of working with Chris Pyle (the owner of Soundwaves) for my wedding at Stone Mill Inn on May 6, 2017. Chris was extremely professional and adaptable to all of my requests for my wedding day. One of the most important aspects of my wedding was my live... Read More ceremony music my brothers performed. Chris was able to provide his PA system with all the right hookups and equipment needed to provide the perfect sound for my outside wedding ceremony. (My one brother went to a conservatory for piano performance, and the other has his own CD's on iTunes. They both agreed that Chris provided everything needed to make the sound perfect for my day!) My family is so very pleased by everything. The day of my wedding, my venue even had to move my ceremony to be under the tent due to rain last minute. Chris was able to adapt to last minute changes the day of and had everything perfect for my ceremony and reception. He sets up everything, no need to stress about your music the day of your wedding if you go with Soundwaves Entertainment. In addition, Chris is extremely quick to respond to all e-mails regarding any questions about music throughout your wedding planning process. I never had to wait more than a couple of hours until I received a response from him. Out of all of my vendors I used, Chris was the most professional in his response time. I really appreciated this. Overall, I feel as though my experienced with Soundwaves was wonderful! I picked the right DJ for my wedding. Chris made all my guests feel comfortable on the dance floor, and got everyone up and dancing even though we had a dry wedding reception. He makes the flow of your reception easy. You don't even have to worry about what is coming next! From announcing the toasts, to cake cutting... etc. If you are looking for a professional DJ to handle every aspect of your wedding from your ceremony, cocktail hour music, and reception, Soundwaves will do a wonderful job on your wedding day! Chris was worth every penney! If I had to do it all again, I would hire Soundwaves Entertainment in a heartbeat.

Reviewed on 2/12/2018 Keirsen B

Amazing to work with. Made everything simple and easy. Everybody had a blast at my wedding thanks to Soundwaves entertainment.

Reviewed on 2/04/2018 Jill E

Chris was the DJ at our wedding and did a great job. He really listened to what types of music we wanted and have many people say that our DJ was great. The dance floor was occupied all night and his mix ups were on point all night. He was engaging with the crowd. We were very... Read More happy with his services and he was very quick at responding to all emails!

Reviewed on 2/04/2018 Laura M

Chris Pyle was the DJ for my wedding just a few weeks ago. I could not have imagined a better experience. Chris was so responsive to all of my emails and questions and was willing to work with me to make my night everything that I imagined. Chris knew exactly how to get all of... Read More my guests up and dancing!

Reviewed on 1/26/2018 Angela L

We are so happy we chose Soundwaves for our wedding DJ, photo booth, and uplighting! Their online planning website makes it so easy and convenient to set up your wedding day. We always received a timely response to any questions. Chris is so nice and professional and we really... Read More enjoyed working with him. The open air photo booth on our wedding day was a huge hit! And you get to see all of the photos that were taken! Our DJ Tony kept the reception flowing and people dancing! We would highly recommend to anyone who is looking for DJ for your wedding day!

Reviewed on 1/26/2018 Bryanna W

I had a wonderful experience with my DJ. Rick truly went above and beyond to make our day feel special. He was funny, super diligent, and so kind. All of my guests had such a great time and loved going up and requesting music. I felt like I could breathe a sigh of relief when I... Read More spoke with Rick to discuss final details before the wedding day. His expertise was evident and so comforting to a stressed bride. The prices were amazing, the packages and additional options were great, and the contract was easy. No hidden fees or annoying upsale attempts. I highly recommend Soundwaves!

Reviewed on 1/16/2018 Michelle G

We were so pleased with Soundwaves Entertainment! Chris was our DJ and he did a wonderful job of getting everyone on the dance floor. All of my guests had an amazing time and he played a variety of music so everyone would be happy. Chris was so helpful with setting up the event... Read More and anticipating what equipment we would need. I’m so happy we chose Soundwaves Entertainment!

Reviewed on 1/12/2018 Michele W

We had an awesome experience with Soundwaves. Their online planner was very helpful in creating our ceremony and reception timeline. During the whole wedding planning period, Chris was always very responsive to our emails and questions. A few weeks before the wedding Chris was... Read More able to have a meeting with us via phone to go over all the details for the wedding and had great suggestions on things we were unsure of. Chris was our day of DJ. Everything was perfect! He kept our guests informed and the transitions from ceremony to cocktail hour to reception were seamless. The reception ran smoothly and was so much fun for everyone! The dance floor was full all night long and numerous guests commented on how well Chris kept the night going! We would definitely recommend Soundwaves for any future weddings or events!

Reviewed on 1/03/2018 Katie S

We could not have asked for a better experience! The entire process was so easy from picking songs to consultations with Chris and the atmosphere on the day of the wedding was absolutely perfect. Everything came together and went so smoothly, there is not a single thing we would... Read More change about our experience.

Reviewed on 12/31/2017 L S

Great vendor!

Reviewed on 12/12/2017 Andrew B

Soundwaves Entertainment was great! Easy to work with and brought the party to life. All of the music was great, and the guests complimented on the selection and mixes. If you like good music, dancing, and professional service, I highly recommend Soundwaves Entertainment.

Reviewed on 12/04/2017 Erin M

Oh my gosh, we cannot say enough good things about Soundwaves. Chris was very helpful leading up to the wedding, and was responsive if I needed help with the online planner. He also made sure that everything was exactly how we wanted it for our day. Tony was our DJ for the night... Read More on 12/2/17 and he and his family were awesome!!! Our guests had the best time with the photo booth. Tony kept everyone on the dance floor all night. The lighting was so fun. Tony's son even wore a reindeer costume while doing the photo booth and we had a reindeer dancing to the Wobble on the dance floor. 😂😂 Our guests loved it. We could write a million more things about how great the DJ/photo booth group was, but there's not enough room here. WE LOVED IT ALL

Reviewed on 11/29/2017 Erika C

Soudwaves Entertainment was perfect for our wedding, especially Chris Pyle! He was so knowledgeable and experienced through the whole process. He truly made the DJ portion of the wedding stress free and the dance floor was rockin'! He even went above and beyond to help us with... Read More our wedding timeline and keep everything in line on the big day!

Reviewed on 11/29/2017 Megan C

Chris was awesome to work with via email. He was my inital point of contact for booking and payments. They have an online event planning website that let me pick songs, make notes, etc. Very easy to use. The week before the wedding I had the pleasure of talking with Tony on the... Read More phone to go over my event plan. He had great suggestions and listened to all my concerns. He was very pateint with me (since I have a baby and 3 year old). I never felt rushed or like he didn't care. He stressed that he was there to help me. The day of the event went so smoothly. His team came and set up (we also had the photo booth). They were super friendly and nice to all our guests. Tony checked in with us multiple times through the night which helped to keep things moving smoothly. All his suggestions were perfect and he truly made a soundtrack to our special day. We even requested a Frozen song be played for our 3 year old daughter and he did and dedicated it to her and called her a princess...those little extra touches really go a long way! We even had a card from Tony and his team in our card basket. Seriously, I can't say enough about Soundwaves! I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

Reviewed on 11/12/2017 Kasi C

DJ Rick was above average. He was confident and comfortable with everything we asked of him. Sound quality was ideal for our outdoor ceremony and indoor reception. Chris was also timely in email correspondences prior to the wedding.

Reviewed on 11/10/2017 Kaitlyn M

Craig did an excellent job as our wedding DJ. He was very attentive to my husband and I and did everything we asked. He was also sure to keep the nights events on track and running smoothly. Soundwaves Entertainment also has a great user friendly website that helps with planning... Read More your whole day out perfectly. I definely recommend them!!

Reviewed on 11/10/2017 Amanda C

Chris and Tony were great to work with! Very professional, responsive to questions and an excellent value. You won't go wrong with this vendor. :)

Reviewed on 11/10/2017 Jennifer S

Soundwaves Entertainment exceeded my expectations! Chris was professional and amazing. Guests made so many comments on his song knowledge and selections - everything that anyone could have wanted was played. A little something for everyone, and then some! Everyone had a... Read More fantastic time. From start to finish, I have nothing but excellent things to say, they were worth every penny and then some! Thank you!

Reviewed on 11/09/2017 Lynn B

We highly recommend Soundwaves Entertainment! Awesome job by Chris Pyle !! Thank you for doing such a great job on our wedding day , and for your attention to detail when planning our event.

Reviewed on 11/09/2017 Mackenzie A

We had DJ Tony as our DJ. He was so awesome! He went with the flow. We had to change a few things around due to a time crunch and he didn't care whatsoever. He played whatever songs we wanted. Chris, the owner, was so easy to talk too and very eager to help. Definitely... Read More recommend!

Reviewed on 11/09/2017 Kerry P

Chris Pyle did an amazing job with the music at our wedding! He provided beautiful up lighting and was courteous and professional throughout the event. By the end of our reception, literally everyone was out on the dance floor having a great time. We had a multitude of requests... Read More for him to sift through, and he played a great selection. He even helped us set up & provide a mic for our surprise guest - Earl David Reed from 105.7 the X, who performed a 1-hour stand up comedy routine. It was great and Chris worked it in seamlessly. Great DJ and great company. I highly recommend.

Reviewed on 11/09/2017 Alyson H

I had a great experience working with Soundwaves Entertainment. Chris responded to my emails in a timely manner and communicated details and changes clearly and respectfully. I enjoyed using their online event planner to customize my wedding; the reception was exactly what I... Read More expected it to be.

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 Tammie E

We were married on October 20th, 2017 at the beautiful Moonstone Manor in Elizabethtown. Picking a DJ was a tricky decision. We found Chris Pyle/Sound waves online and are so incredibly happy with our decision to book him. Chris was absolutely fantastic. He exceeded all of our... Read More expectations! He also provided the music for our ceremony and cocktail hour. Our guests had the best time at our reception. He kept people on the dance floor all night. We are so happy we used Chris as our DJ!

Chris Pyle

I'm the Owner and Executive DJ for Soundwaves Entertainment. We are a full time entertainment company. I have personally performed at over 6,000 weddings to date since founding the company. I also used to be an "on-air" personality/ radio DJ at several local radio stations in the Central Pa. area. I've also been featured three times on local TV wedding shows (Dream Weddings and Weddings In Style). Weddings are my passion. I take great pride in providing a level of customer service that exceeds our customers expectations. We would be honored to help you create your dream wedding celebration!