Soundwaves Entertainment

Serving Lancaster, York, Harrisburg, Spring Grove

Creating Dream Wedding Celebrations since 1983!

Your Wedding is one of the most important days of your life, an event that you and your family and friends will remember for the rest of your lives. We work carefully with you to help create a memorable reception experience that you and your guests will never forget. We understand the significance of even the smallest detail! Our staff of professional DJ’s are experienced and open to your ideas and would love to help you create a unique wedding celebration that truly reflects your style and personality! Our goal is to ensure that you and your guests have the time of your lives! It’s Your Day, Done exactly Your Way! We also provide photo booths, up lighting, monogram lights, Dancing On A Cloud, Dancing Under The Stars, Cake Spotlight, Projectors, and our New Lighted Mr. & Mrs sign!

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, African, Caribbean, Celtic, Indian, Latin, Polka, World Music

After Party, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Sound Equipment, Music, Planning, Audio/Visual Equipment

0c8d5aab 564e 4969 83d1 f2c9134807e2~rs 100
A2f84579 05f6 4400 aa0c 4597c7a89d92~rs 100
340be60c 20f2 414a addb 4083a1d96c7a~rs 100
9f08a459 f4b9 433a 96a4 cf8bc9e1b3dd~rs 100
Fe7719fa d8df 43f7 b18c 942ee8fef3e2~rs 100
D692bc15 0755 426d 96a9 fb6ea89c4786~rs 100

Serving Lancaster, York,, Spring Grove, PA Serving Lancaster, York, Harrisburg, Spring Grove (717) 225-5562

Reviewed on 6/17/2017 Rachel C

There's a reason Soundwaves entertainment has been voted "best of" on the Knot for five years in a row! We worked with Chris and he truly delivered. We loved that we could utilize a planning website to designate which songs we absolutely wanted, some that would be good if there... Read More was time, and which songs to not play at all. He took the time to meet with us personally and run through the wedding day timeline and discuss everything that should happen. We also added on a photo booth package which was not only affordable but one of the better booths I've seen - instead of a small closed-in space, there was a large backdrop (that we could choose) and SO MANY PROPS! people really loved this! We also received all of the photo booth photos after the wedding to share with our guests. The entertainment that Chris and his wife provided on our wedding day went just as planned- from the ceremony music to the last dance! He also threw in some songs that although we didn't request, they got everyone up on the dance floor. Our guests had a wonderful time at our wedding and so did we, and much of that is due to Soundwaves Entertainment. I would absolutely book with them again!

Reviewed on 6/05/2017

Chris was the absolute BEST. Could not have been happier with his DJ skills. Many couples worry about making sure theie guest dance, but this was never a problem since Chris seriously delivered. The entire ballroom was dancing the entire night both on the dance floor and around... Read More it. Chris also followed our unique requests and I never felt like I needed to guide him throughout the night. He took total charge and that allowed us to just have a blast dancing. You will not regret hiring him for your wedding. Thank you a million times!

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Amanda R

I had the pleasure of working with Chris Pyle (the owner of Soundwaves) for my wedding at Stone Mill Inn on May 6, 2017. Chris was extremely professional and adaptable to all of my requests for my wedding day. One of the most important aspects of my wedding was my live... Read More ceremony music my brothers performed. Chris was able to provide his PA system with all the right hookups and equipment needed to provide the perfect sound for my outside wedding ceremony. (My one brother went to a conservatory for piano performance, and the other has his own CD's on iTunes. They both agreed that Chris provided everything needed to make the sound perfect for my day!) My family is so very pleased by everything. The day of my wedding, my venue even had to move my ceremony to be under the tent due to rain last minute. Chris was able to adapt to last minute changes the day of and had everything perfect for my ceremony and reception. He sets up everything, no need to stress about your music the day of your wedding if you go with Soundwaves Entertainment. In addition, Chris is extremely quick to respond to all e-mails regarding any questions about music throughout your wedding planning process. I never had to wait more than a couple of hours until I received a response from him. Out of all of my vendors I used, Chris was the most professional in his response time. I really appreciated this. Overall, I feel as though my experienced with Soundwaves was wonderful! I picked the right DJ for my wedding. Chris made all my guests feel comfortable on the dance floor, and got everyone up and dancing even though we had a dry wedding reception. He makes the flow of your reception easy. You don't even have to worry about what is coming next! From announcing the toasts, to cake cutting... etc. If you are looking for a professional DJ to handle every aspect of your wedding from your ceremony, cocktail hour music, and reception, Soundwaves will do a wonderful job on your wedding day! Chris was worth every penney! If I had to do it all again, I would hire Soundwaves Entertainment in a heartbeat.

Reviewed on 12/12/2017 Andrew B

Soundwaves Entertainment was great! Easy to work with and brought the party to life. All of the music was great, and the guests complimented on the selection and mixes. If you like good music, dancing, and professional service, I highly recommend Soundwaves Entertainment.

Reviewed on 12/04/2017 Erin M

Oh my gosh, we cannot say enough good things about Soundwaves. Chris was very helpful leading up to the wedding, and was responsive if I needed help with the online planner. He also made sure that everything was exactly how we wanted it for our day. Tony was our DJ for the night... Read More on 12/2/17 and he and his family were awesome!!! Our guests had the best time with the photo booth. Tony kept everyone on the dance floor all night. The lighting was so fun. Tony's son even wore a reindeer costume while doing the photo booth and we had a reindeer dancing to the Wobble on the dance floor. 😂😂 Our guests loved it. We could write a million more things about how great the DJ/photo booth group was, but there's not enough room here. WE LOVED IT ALL

Reviewed on 11/29/2017 Erika C

Soudwaves Entertainment was perfect for our wedding, especially Chris Pyle! He was so knowledgeable and experienced through the whole process. He truly made the DJ portion of the wedding stress free and the dance floor was rockin'! He even went above and beyond to help us with... Read More our wedding timeline and keep everything in line on the big day!

Reviewed on 11/29/2017 Megan C

Chris was awesome to work with via email. He was my inital point of contact for booking and payments. They have an online event planning website that let me pick songs, make notes, etc. Very easy to use. The week before the wedding I had the pleasure of talking with Tony on the... Read More phone to go over my event plan. He had great suggestions and listened to all my concerns. He was very pateint with me (since I have a baby and 3 year old). I never felt rushed or like he didn't care. He stressed that he was there to help me. The day of the event went so smoothly. His team came and set up (we also had the photo booth). They were super friendly and nice to all our guests. Tony checked in with us multiple times through the night which helped to keep things moving smoothly. All his suggestions were perfect and he truly made a soundtrack to our special day. We even requested a Frozen song be played for our 3 year old daughter and he did and dedicated it to her and called her a princess...those little extra touches really go a long way! We even had a card from Tony and his team in our card basket. Seriously, I can't say enough about Soundwaves! I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

Reviewed on 11/12/2017 Kasi C

DJ Rick was above average. He was confident and comfortable with everything we asked of him. Sound quality was ideal for our outdoor ceremony and indoor reception. Chris was also timely in email correspondences prior to the wedding.

Reviewed on 11/10/2017 Kaitlyn M

Craig did an excellent job as our wedding DJ. He was very attentive to my husband and I and did everything we asked. He was also sure to keep the nights events on track and running smoothly. Soundwaves Entertainment also has a great user friendly website that helps with planning... Read More your whole day out perfectly. I definely recommend them!!

Reviewed on 11/10/2017 Amanda C

Chris and Tony were great to work with! Very professional, responsive to questions and an excellent value. You won't go wrong with this vendor. :)

Reviewed on 11/10/2017 Jennifer S

Soundwaves Entertainment exceeded my expectations! Chris was professional and amazing. Guests made so many comments on his song knowledge and selections - everything that anyone could have wanted was played. A little something for everyone, and then some! Everyone had a... Read More fantastic time. From start to finish, I have nothing but excellent things to say, they were worth every penny and then some! Thank you!

Reviewed on 11/09/2017 Lynn B

We highly recommend Soundwaves Entertainment! Awesome job by Chris Pyle !! Thank you for doing such a great job on our wedding day , and for your attention to detail when planning our event.

Reviewed on 11/09/2017 Mackenzie A

We had DJ Tony as our DJ. He was so awesome! He went with the flow. We had to change a few things around due to a time crunch and he didn't care whatsoever. He played whatever songs we wanted. Chris, the owner, was so easy to talk too and very eager to help. Definitely... Read More recommend!

Reviewed on 11/09/2017 Kerry P

Chris Pyle did an amazing job with the music at our wedding! He provided beautiful up lighting and was courteous and professional throughout the event. By the end of our reception, literally everyone was out on the dance floor having a great time. We had a multitude of requests... Read More for him to sift through, and he played a great selection. He even helped us set up & provide a mic for our surprise guest - Earl David Reed from 105.7 the X, who performed a 1-hour stand up comedy routine. It was great and Chris worked it in seamlessly. Great DJ and great company. I highly recommend.

Reviewed on 11/09/2017 Alyson H

I had a great experience working with Soundwaves Entertainment. Chris responded to my emails in a timely manner and communicated details and changes clearly and respectfully. I enjoyed using their online event planner to customize my wedding; the reception was exactly what I... Read More expected it to be.

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 Tammie K

We were married on October 20th, 2017 at the beautiful Moonstone Manor in Elizabethtown. Picking a DJ was a tricky decision. We found Chris Pyle/Sound waves online and are so incredibly happy with our decision to book him. Chris was absolutely fantastic. He exceeded all of our... Read More expectations! He also provided the music for our ceremony and cocktail hour. Our guests had the best time at our reception. He kept people on the dance floor all night. We are so happy we used Chris as our DJ!

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Brittany C

We are so thankful that Chris and his wife were able to be apart of our special day. We got married almost a month ago and are still getting compliments about how amazing our music was. When talking to a Chris, I told him that it was important to us to have the dance floor going... Read More all night long and he absolutely delivered on his part! Looking back on our day, I am so thrilled we chose Chris to be our DJ!

Reviewed on 10/07/2017 Amanda J

My husband and I were very happy with Soundwaves Entertainment for our Sept wedding! We needed a DJ for our wedding ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception and Tony was wonderful. Their event planning forms and song/artist requests on their planning website was really helpful... Read More throughout the process, and we got the chance to clarify everything in a meeting the week before the wedding. The music was great throughout every part of the day, Tony was able to really find songs that were similar to our ideas and requests throughout the night. People always tell us our wedding was a great time! We did have one special request, which they were able to help us out with no problem! My husband and I are both musicians, and instead of doing a first dance, we performed a "first set." We had some equipment, but we needed microphones and a good sound system for the songs. Tony was able to provide microphones and we did a sound check before the ceremony to ensure everything would sound great. The performance itself went really well and I was thankful that Soundwaves was able to help us out! We also utilized their photobooth services, and Tony's wife and son were running that. The photobooth was a great hit with everyone, and we were able to get some really fun shots. They were able to accommodate couples as well as a huge group of my husband's family. Afterwards, we received a USB of all of the photos taken throughout the night. I highly recommend Soundwaves Entertainment for whatever event you may be planning, they were fantastic for mine!

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Caitlin K

I am so happy that we booked Soundwaves Entertainment for our wedding. Chris was super quick at getting back to me with a quote. He walked me through the entire process and steered me in a good direction for song selections. For the actual wedding, we had Tony, and he was very... Read More respectful to our wishes for everything! Couldn't have asked for any thing more! Thanks Soundwaves!!

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Katie H

We used Soundwaves Entertainment for our wedding in August and were very impressed by the professionalism and talent displayed by Chris and DJ Tony. Chris was a great help in navigating the best DJ package and lighting options for us. He was also quick to respond to any... Read More questions we had which caused us to feel like a top priority client! When we met Tony it was obvious that he genuinely cared about making our wedding day special and would do whatever it took to make that happen. On the wedding day, he kept us in the loop and checked in with us appropriately, making sure we were aware of what event was coming next. This allowed us to feel like we could relax and just enjoy the day rather than worrying about the schedule. He also did an excellent job of playing songs that reflected our musical taste in addition to the songs we requested through the online planner. We will definitely be recommending Soundwaves Entertainment and DJ Tony to our friends!

Reviewed on 10/01/2017 Emily S

Soundwave Entertainment was absolutely amazing! My wedding was two weeks ago and I'm still hearing how great DJ Craig was! They were very professional with the entire process. I really liked the 3 way call the week before with the owner and my DJ for our wedding to ensure... Read More everyone was on the same page. The lighting too was also fantastic! Again, thank you Soundwaves!

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Katie R

Soundwaves entertainment did an awesome job of making our wedding day special. Both Chris and our DJ for the event Craig were both very timely with emails and any questions my fiance and I had in planning the day. They also seemed to have a lot of helpful knowledge in areas when... Read More we were unsure as to how we wanted certain dances to go. Their recommendations were on point and we ended up getting a lot of compliments after our wedding day on how perfect our music selections were, which we could not have done without them. Our DJ for the night of the event, Craig showed specifically excellent dedication and professionalism during our entire event. He kept the lines of communication open throughout the whole night while still letting us feel like we had no burdens in helping approve what songs could be played. Lastly, the online planning system that we used, complimentary to our contract with Soundwaves Entertainment, made planning our even go so smoothly. We were able to log in and add and delete songs as we wished throughout the course of our planning stage. It also made our final planning meeting very efficient and productive. Overall, I would highly recommend Soundwaves Entertainment for any occasion, and specifically your special day.

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Kayla S

Chris and Tony were great to work with! So flexible with meetings due to my hectic schedule and very receptive to all of our requests. Their online site is so helpful and is an awesome way to ensure you get the music you wish to have played on your big day. Also have the option... Read More to include photo booth services with a huge variety of props and digital images! They couldn't be nicer - very down to earth and even better, a reasonable price when everything else in your wedding budget is adding up!

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Tammy M

I originally found Soundwaves Entertainment via reviews on wedding wire. They were quick to respond and were very helpful throughout the entire planning process. They were very flexible in allowing me to customize a package that was suitable for us and at a reasonable price! I... Read More ultimately chose Soundwaves Entertainment for those reasons and because of the discussion I had with DJ Rick when I interviewed him. Our wedding was two weeks ago. The wedding was a blast! I would definitely give DJ Rick 5 stars without a doubt! He did a wonderful job. He was funny and very charming! He played everything I wanted and was a great DJ. He even played songs as some guests requested them at the reception. It was everything I had imagined and dreamed-- I owned the dance floor for a good two hours! I love to dance and I was in heaven lololol It was awesome! I would highly recommend Soundwaves Entertainment to all you future brides out there. Their online planner made my life so much easier when planning our wedding-- you use it to coordinate/plan the entire wedding ceremony and reception timeline, make song requests, etc. I'm very happy with how the entire wedding went, from the prelude music to the very last song! I was never worried about the music/DJ at the wedding. So if you're looking for one less thing to worry about while planning your wedding I strongly suggest you use Soundwaves Entertainment, you won't regret it!

Reviewed on 9/10/2017 Maddie H

Rick from Soundwaves did a fabulous job at our Wyndridge Farm wedding last weekend. He was professional, personable, and keep our day on track. He was flexible and combined his experience and knowledge of music with the music, tone, and mood that the bride and groom wanted. Even... Read More when we had to shift gears and move the ceremony inside, he didn't skip a beat. The dance floor was packed all night long. The experience could not have been better.

Chris Pyle

I'm the Owner and Executive DJ for Soundwaves Entertainment. We are a full time entertainment company. I have personally performed at over 6,000 weddings to date since founding the company. I also used to be an "on-air" personality/ radio DJ at several local radio stations in the Central Pa. area. I've also been featured three times on local TV wedding shows (Dream Weddings and Weddings In Style). Weddings are my passion. I take great pride in providing a level of customer service that exceeds our customers expectations. We would be honored to help you create your dream wedding celebration!