Soundwaves Entertainment

Serving Lancaster, York, Harrisburg, Spring Grove

Creating Dream Wedding Celebrations since 1983!

Your Wedding is one of the most important days of your life, an event that you and your family and friends will remember for the rest of your lives. We work carefully with you to help create a memorable reception experience that you and your guests will never forget. We understand the significance of even the smallest detail! Our staff of professional DJ’s are experienced and open to your ideas and would love to help you create a unique wedding celebration that truly reflects your style and personality! Our goal is to ensure that you and your guests have the time of your lives! It’s Your Day, Done exactly Your Way! We also provide photo booths, up lighting, monogram lights, Dancing On A Cloud, Dancing Under The Stars, Cake Spotlight, Projectors, and our New Lighted Mr. & Mrs sign!

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, African, Caribbean, Celtic, Indian, Latin, Polka, World Music

After Party, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Sound Equipment, Music, Planning, Audio/Visual Equipment

Serving Lancaster, York,, Spring Grove, PA Serving Lancaster, York, Harrisburg, Spring Grove (717) 225-5562

Reviewed on 6/17/2017 Rachel C

There's a reason Soundwaves entertainment has been voted "best of" on the Knot for five years in a row! We worked with Chris and he truly delivered. We loved that we could utilize a planning website to designate which songs we absolutely wanted, some that would be good if there... Read More was time, and which songs to not play at all. He took the time to meet with us personally and run through the wedding day timeline and discuss everything that should happen. We also added on a photo booth package which was not only affordable but one of the better booths I've seen - instead of a small closed-in space, there was a large backdrop (that we could choose) and SO MANY PROPS! people really loved this! We also received all of the photo booth photos after the wedding to share with our guests. The entertainment that Chris and his wife provided on our wedding day went just as planned- from the ceremony music to the last dance! He also threw in some songs that although we didn't request, they got everyone up on the dance floor. Our guests had a wonderful time at our wedding and so did we, and much of that is due to Soundwaves Entertainment. I would absolutely book with them again!

Reviewed on 6/05/2017

Chris was the absolute BEST. Could not have been happier with his DJ skills. Many couples worry about making sure theie guest dance, but this was never a problem since Chris seriously delivered. The entire ballroom was dancing the entire night both on the dance floor and around... Read More it. Chris also followed our unique requests and I never felt like I needed to guide him throughout the night. He took total charge and that allowed us to just have a blast dancing. You will not regret hiring him for your wedding. Thank you a million times!

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Amanda R

I had the pleasure of working with Chris Pyle (the owner of Soundwaves) for my wedding at Stone Mill Inn on May 6, 2017. Chris was extremely professional and adaptable to all of my requests for my wedding day. One of the most important aspects of my wedding was my live... Read More ceremony music my brothers performed. Chris was able to provide his PA system with all the right hookups and equipment needed to provide the perfect sound for my outside wedding ceremony. (My one brother went to a conservatory for piano performance, and the other has his own CD's on iTunes. They both agreed that Chris provided everything needed to make the sound perfect for my day!) My family is so very pleased by everything. The day of my wedding, my venue even had to move my ceremony to be under the tent due to rain last minute. Chris was able to adapt to last minute changes the day of and had everything perfect for my ceremony and reception. He sets up everything, no need to stress about your music the day of your wedding if you go with Soundwaves Entertainment. In addition, Chris is extremely quick to respond to all e-mails regarding any questions about music throughout your wedding planning process. I never had to wait more than a couple of hours until I received a response from him. Out of all of my vendors I used, Chris was the most professional in his response time. I really appreciated this. Overall, I feel as though my experienced with Soundwaves was wonderful! I picked the right DJ for my wedding. Chris made all my guests feel comfortable on the dance floor, and got everyone up and dancing even though we had a dry wedding reception. He makes the flow of your reception easy. You don't even have to worry about what is coming next! From announcing the toasts, to cake cutting... etc. If you are looking for a professional DJ to handle every aspect of your wedding from your ceremony, cocktail hour music, and reception, Soundwaves will do a wonderful job on your wedding day! Chris was worth every penney! If I had to do it all again, I would hire Soundwaves Entertainment in a heartbeat.

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Brittany C

We are so thankful that Chris and his wife were able to be apart of our special day. We got married almost a month ago and are still getting compliments about how amazing our music was. When talking to a Chris, I told him that it was important to us to have the dance floor going... Read More all night long and he absolutely delivered on his part! Looking back on our day, I am so thrilled we chose Chris to be our DJ!

Reviewed on 10/07/2017 Amanda J

My husband and I were very happy with Soundwaves Entertainment for our Sept wedding! We needed a DJ for our wedding ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception and Tony was wonderful. Their event planning forms and song/artist requests on their planning website was really helpful... Read More throughout the process, and we got the chance to clarify everything in a meeting the week before the wedding. The music was great throughout every part of the day, Tony was able to really find songs that were similar to our ideas and requests throughout the night. People always tell us our wedding was a great time! We did have one special request, which they were able to help us out with no problem! My husband and I are both musicians, and instead of doing a first dance, we performed a "first set." We had some equipment, but we needed microphones and a good sound system for the songs. Tony was able to provide microphones and we did a sound check before the ceremony to ensure everything would sound great. The performance itself went really well and I was thankful that Soundwaves was able to help us out! We also utilized their photobooth services, and Tony's wife and son were running that. The photobooth was a great hit with everyone, and we were able to get some really fun shots. They were able to accommodate couples as well as a huge group of my husband's family. Afterwards, we received a USB of all of the photos taken throughout the night. I highly recommend Soundwaves Entertainment for whatever event you may be planning, they were fantastic for mine!

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Caitlin K

I am so happy that we booked Soundwaves Entertainment for our wedding. Chris was super quick at getting back to me with a quote. He walked me through the entire process and steered me in a good direction for song selections. For the actual wedding, we had Tony, and he was very... Read More respectful to our wishes for everything! Couldn't have asked for any thing more! Thanks Soundwaves!!

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Caitlin K

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Katie H

We used Soundwaves Entertainment for our wedding in August and were very impressed by the professionalism and talent displayed by Chris and DJ Tony. Chris was a great help in navigating the best DJ package and lighting options for us. He was also quick to respond to any... Read More questions we had which caused us to feel like a top priority client! When we met Tony it was obvious that he genuinely cared about making our wedding day special and would do whatever it took to make that happen. On the wedding day, he kept us in the loop and checked in with us appropriately, making sure we were aware of what event was coming next. This allowed us to feel like we could relax and just enjoy the day rather than worrying about the schedule. He also did an excellent job of playing songs that reflected our musical taste in addition to the songs we requested through the online planner. We will definitely be recommending Soundwaves Entertainment and DJ Tony to our friends!

Reviewed on 10/01/2017 Emily S

Soundwave Entertainment was absolutely amazing! My wedding was two weeks ago and I'm still hearing how great DJ Craig was! They were very professional with the entire process. I really liked the 3 way call the week before with the owner and my DJ for our wedding to ensure... Read More everyone was on the same page. The lighting too was also fantastic! Again, thank you Soundwaves!

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Katie R

Soundwaves entertainment did an awesome job of making our wedding day special. Both Chris and our DJ for the event Craig were both very timely with emails and any questions my fiance and I had in planning the day. They also seemed to have a lot of helpful knowledge in areas when... Read More we were unsure as to how we wanted certain dances to go. Their recommendations were on point and we ended up getting a lot of compliments after our wedding day on how perfect our music selections were, which we could not have done without them. Our DJ for the night of the event, Craig showed specifically excellent dedication and professionalism during our entire event. He kept the lines of communication open throughout the whole night while still letting us feel like we had no burdens in helping approve what songs could be played. Lastly, the online planning system that we used, complimentary to our contract with Soundwaves Entertainment, made planning our even go so smoothly. We were able to log in and add and delete songs as we wished throughout the course of our planning stage. It also made our final planning meeting very efficient and productive. Overall, I would highly recommend Soundwaves Entertainment for any occasion, and specifically your special day.

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Kayla S

Chris and Tony were great to work with! So flexible with meetings due to my hectic schedule and very receptive to all of our requests. Their online site is so helpful and is an awesome way to ensure you get the music you wish to have played on your big day. Also have the option... Read More to include photo booth services with a huge variety of props and digital images! They couldn't be nicer - very down to earth and even better, a reasonable price when everything else in your wedding budget is adding up!

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Tammy M

I originally found Soundwaves Entertainment via reviews on wedding wire. They were quick to respond and were very helpful throughout the entire planning process. They were very flexible in allowing me to customize a package that was suitable for us and at a reasonable price! I... Read More ultimately chose Soundwaves Entertainment for those reasons and because of the discussion I had with DJ Rick when I interviewed him. Our wedding was two weeks ago. The wedding was a blast! I would definitely give DJ Rick 5 stars without a doubt! He did a wonderful job. He was funny and very charming! He played everything I wanted and was a great DJ. He even played songs as some guests requested them at the reception. It was everything I had imagined and dreamed-- I owned the dance floor for a good two hours! I love to dance and I was in heaven lololol It was awesome! I would highly recommend Soundwaves Entertainment to all you future brides out there. Their online planner made my life so much easier when planning our wedding-- you use it to coordinate/plan the entire wedding ceremony and reception timeline, make song requests, etc. I'm very happy with how the entire wedding went, from the prelude music to the very last song! I was never worried about the music/DJ at the wedding. So if you're looking for one less thing to worry about while planning your wedding I strongly suggest you use Soundwaves Entertainment, you won't regret it!

Reviewed on 9/10/2017 Maddie H

Rick from Soundwaves did a fabulous job at our Wyndridge Farm wedding last weekend. He was professional, personable, and keep our day on track. He was flexible and combined his experience and knowledge of music with the music, tone, and mood that the bride and groom wanted. Even... Read More when we had to shift gears and move the ceremony inside, he didn't skip a beat. The dance floor was packed all night long. The experience could not have been better.

Reviewed on 9/04/2017 Casey S

I had a wonderful experience with Soundwaves! I am from York County, but live in New England, so I was anxious trying to plan and being so far away while doing so. Chris was helpful initially setting everything up and once he introduced me to Tony things continued to go very... Read More well. Both were flexible and understanding with my limited schedule of being in PA and also my challenging hours at my job. Their website for planning is also good - easy to use and super helpful for organizing your thoughts. DJ Tony is incredibly thoughtful and let me lead but also offered me great suggestions. He was very responsive and kind and we honestly couldn't have imagined a better DJ. The entire time I worked with him it was always about my husband and me FIRST and working together to make sure that on the days leading up to the wedding and on the day of the wedding, we would have no stress around how things would go. After settling down a day or so later we went through our gifts and cards and found one from Tony and his wife. It was such a lovely card with a beautiful message. This exemplified our entire experience - their thoughtfulness and the joy they have of doing their job to make our day amazing. Thank you Soundwaves for making our wedding such a fantastic day for us and for our families!

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Hanna F

My husband are very pleased with Soundwaves Entertainment. Our wedding day was filled with music that we selected from their website. We were able to preview music before placing songs into different categories. The organization and professionalism of the website made planning... Read More our reception simple. The website also includes suggested music for the different activities (bouquet and garter toss) and important dances of the evening. DJ Tony played exactly what we requested, and the reception timeline he created with us kept our evening flowing smoothly and our guests entertained. His sense of humor also added to the evening--my husband and I love to laugh and have fun, and Tony helped us do that. My brother is a sound engineer and works with live bands and in recording studios, and he only had positive feedback for Soundwaves, saying that throughout the evening, there was good sound, and no feedback [from the microphone]. The volume of the music was perfect as well. Overall, my husband and I had a lovely wedding reception, and we have Soundwaves Entertainment to thank.

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Norfleet B

Soundwaves Entertainment DJed my wedding this past May, and I can't thank my DJ Craig enough for his performance at our wedding. We received DJ services, up lightening, and ceremony music from Soundwaves. Craig was an excellent DJ and planner. He helped make sure the whole... Read More process was moving and was on point all evening make sure guests were dancing and enjoyed themselves. Craig also met us at our venue before the event when we weren't sure if we wanted up lightening in our room or not, going the extra mile to make sure we had the additions that helped make our reception that much more wonderful. I highly recommend Soundwaves Entertainment and their DJ Craig, and thank them for doing such a phenomenal job on our special day.

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Greg L

Soundwaves Entertainment is a choice I would recommend for anyone uncertain about their wedding DJ options. I was sold by their genuine and personable demeanor, willingness to work with us on our choices and options, and quick follow up. It was more about how they could... Read More accommodate us and make the reception our own event and they came through on every special request we had. We worked closely with Chris Pyle and DJ Tony leading into the day, throughout the process I was put at ease with their professionalism and expertise. The planning tool on their website is a good feature to sort organize and customize. Tony was our day of DJ, very funny, smooth and fluent on the mic, he came up and asked how we were doing, when we were running behind on the timeline he presented options and worked with us on what we were looking to do. We took requests from the guests and he seamlessly blended them in, I especially liked how he grouped the songs for the flow of the night, it led to a really active dance floor, including some people who normally don't come out. During times of interaction Tony had a good rapport with us over the mic. The professionalism, the flexibility, the quality of service would lead me to highly recommend Soundwaves Entertainment for your event. I personally subscribe to only booking vendors who are flexible to your needs and have a friendly demeanor to support and accommodate you, adding value for you rather then you accommodating their rules and Soundwaves certainly met all of that criteria.

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Eric C

Chris and Tony are highly professional DJs. My wife delegated the task of music and photobooth to me and we were not disappointed. They listened to all of our concerns and made very sure that our day was perfect. Saying that these guys are organized is not saying enough. They... Read More remembered every little thing that we requested and carefully reviewed details with us on the wedding day. I highly recommend their services. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 RaeAnn E

Tony and his wife did an excellent job for my wedding. The ceremony was supposed to be outside and when a storm rolled in, he did a great job keeping me up to date with what was going on and making a final decision to hold the ceremony inside. Tony checked in with me throughout... Read More the entire night to make sure things were going well. I would absolutely recommend Soundwaves Entertainment to any couple to be!

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Lauren R

We hired Soundwaves Entertainment for our May 2017 wedding. Chris and his team, especially Craig, were professional and quick to respond throughout the entire planning process. They offered so many options for personalizing our special day and worked with us to ensure that the... Read More music, lighting, and hosting were exactly what we had pictured. Many of our guests commented on how great the music was and how Craig kept the party going. We highly recommend Soundwaves Entertainment to anyone looking for a great DJ in the south central PA region.

Reviewed on 8/10/2017 Nicole P

Everyone had a great time on the dance floor. Our DJ was great and played a perfect mix of hits and throwbacks. He was a great emcee and kept us on schedule. The owner, Chris was very professional and had a very quick response rate. We got many compliments on the music - I... Read More highly recommend!

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Mike S

DJ Tony and his wife were not only outstanding, but very fun and flexible. They were prepared for every situation and even arrived very early to make sure they were prepared for the big day. Chris, the owner, is extremely responsive and will email you back even when he's on... Read More vacation or it's 2am (seriously).

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Samantha S

Our wedding was this June. Chris, the owner was away on vacation so we had an assistant DJ host our event, and it was nothing short of perfect. Craig was our DJ for the night and he made sure everyone was having fun and getting everyone involved in the dances and toasts. My... Read More brother and sister in law actually used this DJ for their wedding back in may of 2014 so we chose them as well, already knowing they were professional and easy to work with. I would highly recommend them for any wedding or large event you plan on having. Whether Chris or one of his assistants host your event, you need not worry, they are so organized and well prepared! I was called a few weeks prior to the event to make sure everything was ok and to double check on music selection, and special dances, toast etc. SounsWaves entertainment is 100% reliable, focused, professional, and they are so much fun, and definitely easy to work with and keep in contact with! I will definitely be recommending them for all of my friends future weddings!

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Michele N

We had a great experience with Soundwaves Entertainment. Kevin was an amazing DJ and was very professional, courteous and more than willing to adjust to any changes. Absolutely no complaints, would highly recommend.

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Nicole A

Chris Pyle and Rick Hansberry were FANTASTIC to work with!!! There was such an easily accessible website in which we were able to select any and all songs that we wanted for our big day and Rick made sure that they were all played! Rick was wonderful with his organization and... Read More communication and was such a pleasure to work with. We strongly recommend Soundwaves Entertainment for your next event; they do not disappoint!!!

Chris Pyle

I'm the Owner and Executive DJ for Soundwaves Entertainment. We are a full time entertainment company. I have personally performed at over 6,000 weddings to date since founding the company. I also used to be an "on-air" personality/ radio DJ at several local radio stations in the Central Pa. area. I've also been featured three times on local TV wedding shows (Dream Weddings and Weddings In Style). Weddings are my passion. I take great pride in providing a level of customer service that exceeds our customers expectations. We would be honored to help you create your dream wedding celebration!