Soundwaves Entertainment

Serving Lancaster, York, Harrisburg, Spring Grove

Creating Dream Wedding Celebrations since 1983!

Featured twice on WGAL's Dream Weddings show. View our videos to see how we can help make your dream wedding a success. We also provide photo booths and event lighting (up lighting), monogram lights! Email us for a price quote, brochure or wedding consultation. We accept PayPal and credit cards.

Classical, Country, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Indian, Latin, World Music

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Sound Equipment, Music

Serving Lancaster, York,, Spring Grove, PA Serving Lancaster, York, Harrisburg, Spring Grove (717) 225-5562
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 6/17/2017 Rachel D

There's a reason Soundwaves entertainment has been voted "best of" on the Knot for five years in a row! We worked with Chris and he truly delivered. We loved that we could utilize a planning website to designate which songs we absolutely wanted, some that would be good if there... Read More was time, and which songs to not play at all. He took the time to meet with us personally and run through the wedding day timeline and discuss everything that should happen. We also added on a photo booth package which was not only affordable but one of the better booths I've seen - instead of a small closed-in space, there was a large backdrop (that we could choose) and SO MANY PROPS! people really loved this! We also received all of the photo booth photos after the wedding to share with our guests. The entertainment that Chris and his wife provided on our wedding day went just as planned- from the ceremony music to the last dance! He also threw in some songs that although we didn't request, they got everyone up on the dance floor. Our guests had a wonderful time at our wedding and so did we, and much of that is due to Soundwaves Entertainment. I would absolutely book with them again!

Reviewed on 6/05/2017

Chris was the absolute BEST. Could not have been happier with his DJ skills. Many couples worry about making sure theie guest dance, but this was never a problem since Chris seriously delivered. The entire ballroom was dancing the entire night both on the dance floor and around... Read More it. Chris also followed our unique requests and I never felt like I needed to guide him throughout the night. He took total charge and that allowed us to just have a blast dancing. You will not regret hiring him for your wedding. Thank you a million times!

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Amanda R

I had the pleasure of working with Chris Pyle (the owner of Soundwaves) for my wedding at Stone Mill Inn on May 6, 2017. Chris was extremely professional and adaptable to all of my requests for my wedding day. One of the most important aspects of my wedding was my live... Read More ceremony music my brothers performed. Chris was able to provide his PA system with all the right hookups and equipment needed to provide the perfect sound for my outside wedding ceremony. (My one brother went to a conservatory for piano performance, and the other has his own CD's on iTunes. They both agreed that Chris provided everything needed to make the sound perfect for my day!) My family is so very pleased by everything. The day of my wedding, my venue even had to move my ceremony to be under the tent due to rain last minute. Chris was able to adapt to last minute changes the day of and had everything perfect for my ceremony and reception. He sets up everything, no need to stress about your music the day of your wedding if you go with Soundwaves Entertainment. In addition, Chris is extremely quick to respond to all e-mails regarding any questions about music throughout your wedding planning process. I never had to wait more than a couple of hours until I received a response from him. Out of all of my vendors I used, Chris was the most professional in his response time. I really appreciated this. Overall, I feel as though my experienced with Soundwaves was wonderful! I picked the right DJ for my wedding. Chris made all my guests feel comfortable on the dance floor, and got everyone up and dancing even though we had a dry wedding reception. He makes the flow of your reception easy. You don't even have to worry about what is coming next! From announcing the toasts, to cake cutting... etc. If you are looking for a professional DJ to handle every aspect of your wedding from your ceremony, cocktail hour music, and reception, Soundwaves will do a wonderful job on your wedding day! Chris was worth every penney! If I had to do it all again, I would hire Soundwaves Entertainment in a heartbeat.

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Paige E

Soundwaves is great! Our DJ, Craig, was awesome. He played the perfect mix of music that we were looking for and everyone had a blast on the dance floor. We could also tell that he really cared about doing a great job - he took the time to check in with us on some details when... Read More he arrived early to set up and he checked in a couple times throughout the wedding. Everything went smoothly and exactly according to our timeline. Could not have asked for a better DJ! Chris, the owner of Soundwaves, was a joy to work with as well. He made it so easy for us to plan our wedding from out of town (we live in Washington DC but had our wedding in PA). He gave us access to an online system to plan out all the details of our wedding and put together playlists. About a month before the wedding, we had a meeting with him and Craig to make sure we were all on the same page. Such a breeze to plan! I'd recommend Soundwaves to anyone!

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Laura H

Picking our DJ was the last big to-do we had, and we seriously lucked out with Chris and his team. Everything about their process was efficient and quick. We planned our wedding from Texas and their online tool made it so incredibly easy to map out every song for every moment.... Read More We never met them in person, and with only one phone call, Chris and Tony had everything perfectly laid out for the big day. And when the wedding finally came, Tony was so incredibly flexible and sweet! We had our fair share of hiccups, but Tony was fast to accomodate each of our new requests and changes. I was on the fence about including too many lights at the wedding, but the combination of the uplighting, the patterned light, the white lights, and the sound reactive colored lights through out the night, absolutely beautiful! Everyone was blown away, especially the little ones who loved to dance in the changing lights! Everything was better than I could have ever asked for. Thank you so much Chris and Tony!

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Sarah B

I met Chris at a wedding vendor event to have the chance to meet him since reading raving reviews of his service. I was never concerned with my choice of vendor-music was very important to myself-not my fiance at the time, so only the best would do. Chris was incredibly thorough... Read More with every single detail. His website was very helpful in choosing songs and giving samples. It really sped up the process to pick songs out. We used a few lights, but no other extra features. He made suggestions here or there but was not pushy or trying to make a sale. He wants the day to be exactly as you want it. Chris played the requested songs at the wedding and helped keep things moving. I am very happy with my choice and wouldn't go a different route if I did it all over.

Reviewed on 5/19/2017 Matt V

The music/DJ services were great. The DJ and I connected right before the start of the wedding and he worked with our officiant to make sure everything was perfect for the ceremony, and it was. He made sure everyone's name was pronounced correctly and hit all the major talking... Read More points/notifications, like making sure our transportation was announced. Music was great throughout the night, lot of people made requests which were accommodated and the sounds quality was great. Thanks again for everything, truly appreciate it.

Reviewed on 4/03/2017 Krista K

Chris provided great entertainment for our wedding. He really listened to us when we discussed the styles of music we like and could not have asked for a better reception. Our friends and family were dancing and singing all night which is exactly what we wanted!

Reviewed on 3/15/2017 Natalie M

Soundwaves Entertainment was great to work with. Chris, the owner, was quick to respond to emails/calls and answered all of our many questions. He provided great guidance and advice as we were picking music for our 'big day' and creating our wedding timeline. Our DJ, Craig,... Read More was fantastic. He was so much fun and made us feel at ease on our wedding day. We didn't have to worry about any music-related details and Craig played music that our guests loved.

Reviewed on 2/04/2017 Sarah T

Chris was amazing! First of all, he gave us an amazing deal on his services. For a young couple like my husband and I, it was really nice that he was so affordable for us. I was completely clueless about what ask for or include with music, dances, and lights. He walked me... Read More through decisions on what special dances to include, the songs we could use, and the schedule of events. I loved that we could allow our guests to make requests online because my mom had quite a few songs that she really wanted to hear. Chris was able to get all of them in and my mom was beyond thrilled. At the wedding Chris made sure ahead of time that he knew how to pronounce the names of everyone in our wedding party, even double checking right before introductions. He kept us on schedule, but wasn't pushy about it. All of our guests had a fabulous time dancing the night away!

Reviewed on 1/05/2017 Mac M

I definitely recommend Chris at Soundwaves Entertainment. He brought great energy and professionalism to our event behind the mic. People were on the dancefloor the entire time and he had everyone in a great mindset. His lighting arrangements were also a great addition, and... Read More helped set the mood for a great New Year's Eve wedding celebration! Thanks so much, Chris!

Reviewed on 12/20/2016 Sarah M

We used Soundwaves Entertainment for our December 2016 wedding. Chris, the owner, was extremely professional and helpful throughout the entire process. You can tell how many successful weddings he has done just by his overview sheets that cover everything you could think of. He... Read More played great music and kept the party going. Even our guests commented on how great Chris was as well as the music he played. Would definitely recommend Soundwaves Entertainment for any DJ needs.

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Kristen K

During the planning process Chris, the owner, was very responsive to emails and phone calls. Then when it got closer to our date he was very helpful in nailing down the final details for our lighting, etc... The night of our wedding our DJ, Craig, was very professional. He... Read More played all the music we wanted to hear and even ran requests by me before he played them. Overall we had a great experience with Soundwaves Ent. & would recommend them to anyone looking for a DJ and lighting service that is reasonably priced and delivers on the party!!!

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Kim J

After reading some articles stating how important it is to have a good D.J. at your wedding, I decided to look for someone local with great reviews. I found Chris from Soundwaves right away on The Knot! I immediately recognized the business name and realized that Soundwaves was... Read More the D.J. at my prom 13 years ago, how cool is that! Chris has definitely been doing this for a long time and has TONS of experience. After meeting with Chris I knew he would be the perfect D.J. for us. Kind, confident, and extremely responsive to e-mails/communication. He answered all of our questions thoroughly all the way through to the day of the wedding. I had a lot of song requests myself and Chris honored these as well as the song requests of guests. His online portal is seamless and super easy to use. He went out of his way to edit the song I walked down to aisle to for me to my liking. I feel his rate is reasonable for the fantastic service you get. I would highly recommend him to anyone I know. Thank you again Chris for making our wedding a dream come true!

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Michael M

Having had the opportunity to see what incredible work Chris had done for both of my brother's weddings, when it came time for mine there was no doubt as to who I wanted to use. Happy to report he has somehow managed to improve!

Reviewed on 11/10/2016 Cearra N

Thankfully for us we didn't have to go searching very far for Soundwaves since they were listed as a preferred vendor for our venue. After explaining to Chris that our goal was to have good music that everyone would enjoy and be out on the dance floor too he explained that as a... Read More DJ that was his goal too, so from the very start we were all on the same page. They were very reasonably priced for everything we needed (outside ceremony music, cocktail hour music, and reception music). Working with Chris was very easy, quick to respond to emails, and was open to any suggestion and advised us well on what would or wouldn't work well with specialty lighting. We would recommend Chris time and time again. Our wedding was perfect in every way from start to finish!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Jenna M

Cannot say enough good things about Soundwaves. Great to work with, enjoyable and easy, very accommodating. Cost was right on point considering we needed them for both ceremony and reception. Craig did a great job, our guests had a blast. Highly recommend!!!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Lara H

Our DJ, Jim Anderson, was exceptional! He kept the dance floor full throughout our entire 5 hour reception. Jim kept our guests entertained and made everyone feel included in the activities of the evening. I especially appreciated him double checking the names of our wedding... Read More party (mine often gets mispronounced) before our introduction. Jim was friendly, accommodating, and very professional. Even with a very slight issue in the sound during our married couples dance (which he fixed immediately and assured me he had backup equipment if needed), all of our guests had a fantastic time. Jim played all of our requests (even those not already in his repertoire) and really varied the styles in the other songs he played, which kept everyone happy and eager to hit the dance floor! Thanks again, Jim; you made our day memorable!

Reviewed on 9/10/2016

We booked Soundwaves Entertainment for our wedding on 9/3/2016 and we could not be happier with the service that we received! We had the owner, Chris Pyle, as our DJ and he was excellent every step of the way. He could not have been more responsive, as he was quick to answer any... Read More of questions within minutes of emailing, even at 10:00 at night! Between the schedule of my wife, myself, and our reception venue, we had a difficult time putting together a consultation, but Chris made it happen by setting up a Skype call with us in the evening. Mr. Pyle was extremely professional and we both appreciated how he came to check with us during the reception to make sure we were ready before calling us up to the dance floor for any events. One of our guests requested a song which was on our "do not play" list, and while we said it was okay to play those songs if requested, Mr. Pyle had the awareness to see that that guest had left the reception early and didn't play that song! If we had to do it all again, our DJ would be one thing that we would definitely not change. We highly recommend Soundwaves Entertainment and Mr. Pyle!

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 brittany n

Tony was an absolute pleasure to work with! He mad our dream wedding so much more special and perfect! Defiantly well above our expectations! He made sure everyone was having a blast and even threw in some surprises for my husband and I! I am so glad that we chose Soundwaves for... Read More our wedding and they defiantly live up to there reputation! <3

Reviewed on 8/21/2016

Soundwaves saved our wedding day by being able to help us out last minute after having problems with a different DJ! Craig came to work on his day off to help us out!! He was amazing! Very easy going and flexible! Guests at our wedding even wrote down his information to use for... Read More themselves before leaving!!

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Jennifer F

Overall, we were more than satisfied with the services we received from Soundwaves Entertainment on our wedding day. Everyone had a blast at the reception and it was relatively easy to get everyone up and dancing! We worked with Chris, the owner, who made the whole planning... Read More process very easy. As we live in England, we were not able to meet Chris prior to the day, but he made every effort to skype us and get to know what kind of wedding we were looking for. He was very friendly and easy to work with and allowed the day to be unique to us. He provided an online planning portal which helped keep us on track when planning. It was very user friendly and helped you think of music you might have otherwise forgotten. The actual wedding day went so fast as we were a good hour behind schedule, but Chris helped make sure we fit all the planned dances and songs into the evening. I would highly recommend Soundwaves Entertainment to anyone who is looking for a professional, friendly, and reliable DJ.

Reviewed on 8/05/2016 Katelyn F

Soundwaves did an excellent job for our wedding reception, and we would definitely give them a 5 all the way! They played the music/songs we requested, and they kept the evening flowing smoothly. They provided exactly what we wanted, and they were extremely nice about... Read More everything. They also checked in with us, which we really appreciated. Our guests loved the DJ and the music!

Reviewed on 7/14/2016 Meagan R

I cannot say enough about Soundwaves Entertainment! Chris Pyle DJ'd my wedding on July 2 in Gettysburg. Prior to the big day, I met face to face with Chris multiple times. Each time, he was extremely helpful in making sure our music was everything we wanted. When I was unsure... Read More about songs, he played me samples. He set up an account on his website for my husband and I to select all the songs for a must play playlist, a play if you can playlist, a dedication playlist, and an absolutely do not play playlist. This ensured everything was organized and allowed us to create our reception feel. Not only did Chris meet with me in person, but also answered my many emails about changes and adjustments promptly. Communication was so easy and I am so appreciative of that! At our wedding, Chris played just what we wanted for cocktail hour, the reception, and each event within such as garter, bouquet toss, cake cutting, etc. He followed the timeline we had set up perfectly and everything flowed! We have a big dance/party crowd and I can honestly say that the dance floor was packed the entire evening! We had so much fun at our reception. Many of our guests complimented Soundwaves Entertainment and told my husband and I what a great time they had! We are so so pleased that we went with Chris for our entertainment and we would recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ! THANK YOU!!

Reviewed on 7/10/2016 mica b

Craig was an amazing DJ at my wedding. The music and transitions between songs was perfect! my friends and family did not leave the dance floor all night! he even did a great job reaching the music and sound system for our ceremony which was outdoor farther away from our... Read More reception. He really knew how to get our crowd going! He was always available by phone and even accommodated all my last minute requests! I highly recommend him as your wedding dj! -Mica July 2nd wedding, danville, pa

Chris Pyle

Owner and business manager for Soundwaves Entertainment. Over 6,000 weddings performed to date. Previous &quot;on-air&#39; personality at several radio stations in Central Pa.