Soundwaves Entertainment

Serving Lancaster, York, Harrisburg, Spring Grove

Creating Dream Wedding Celebrations since 1983!

Your Wedding is one of the most important days of your life, an event that you and your family and friends will remember for the rest of your lives. We work carefully with you to help create a memorable reception experience that you and your guests will never forget. We understand the significance of even the smallest detail! Our staff of professional DJ’s are experienced and open to your ideas and would love to help you create a unique wedding celebration that truly reflects your style and personality! Our goal is to ensure that you and your guests have the time of your lives! It’s Your Day, Done exactly Your Way! We also provide photo booths, up lighting, monogram lights, Dancing On A Cloud, Dancing Under The Stars, Cake Spotlight, Projectors, and our New Lighted Mr. & Mrs sign!

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, African, Caribbean, Celtic, Indian, Latin, Polka, World Music

After Party, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Sound Equipment, Music, Planning, Audio/Visual Equipment

Serving Lancaster, York,, Spring Grove, PA Serving Lancaster, York, Harrisburg, Spring Grove (717) 225-5562

Reviewed on 6/17/2017 Rachel D

There's a reason Soundwaves entertainment has been voted "best of" on the Knot for five years in a row! We worked with Chris and he truly delivered. We loved that we could utilize a planning website to designate which songs we absolutely wanted, some that would be good if there... Read More was time, and which songs to not play at all. He took the time to meet with us personally and run through the wedding day timeline and discuss everything that should happen. We also added on a photo booth package which was not only affordable but one of the better booths I've seen - instead of a small closed-in space, there was a large backdrop (that we could choose) and SO MANY PROPS! people really loved this! We also received all of the photo booth photos after the wedding to share with our guests. The entertainment that Chris and his wife provided on our wedding day went just as planned- from the ceremony music to the last dance! He also threw in some songs that although we didn't request, they got everyone up on the dance floor. Our guests had a wonderful time at our wedding and so did we, and much of that is due to Soundwaves Entertainment. I would absolutely book with them again!

Reviewed on 6/05/2017

Chris was the absolute BEST. Could not have been happier with his DJ skills. Many couples worry about making sure theie guest dance, but this was never a problem since Chris seriously delivered. The entire ballroom was dancing the entire night both on the dance floor and around... Read More it. Chris also followed our unique requests and I never felt like I needed to guide him throughout the night. He took total charge and that allowed us to just have a blast dancing. You will not regret hiring him for your wedding. Thank you a million times!

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Amanda R

I had the pleasure of working with Chris Pyle (the owner of Soundwaves) for my wedding at Stone Mill Inn on May 6, 2017. Chris was extremely professional and adaptable to all of my requests for my wedding day. One of the most important aspects of my wedding was my live... Read More ceremony music my brothers performed. Chris was able to provide his PA system with all the right hookups and equipment needed to provide the perfect sound for my outside wedding ceremony. (My one brother went to a conservatory for piano performance, and the other has his own CD's on iTunes. They both agreed that Chris provided everything needed to make the sound perfect for my day!) My family is so very pleased by everything. The day of my wedding, my venue even had to move my ceremony to be under the tent due to rain last minute. Chris was able to adapt to last minute changes the day of and had everything perfect for my ceremony and reception. He sets up everything, no need to stress about your music the day of your wedding if you go with Soundwaves Entertainment. In addition, Chris is extremely quick to respond to all e-mails regarding any questions about music throughout your wedding planning process. I never had to wait more than a couple of hours until I received a response from him. Out of all of my vendors I used, Chris was the most professional in his response time. I really appreciated this. Overall, I feel as though my experienced with Soundwaves was wonderful! I picked the right DJ for my wedding. Chris made all my guests feel comfortable on the dance floor, and got everyone up and dancing even though we had a dry wedding reception. He makes the flow of your reception easy. You don't even have to worry about what is coming next! From announcing the toasts, to cake cutting... etc. If you are looking for a professional DJ to handle every aspect of your wedding from your ceremony, cocktail hour music, and reception, Soundwaves will do a wonderful job on your wedding day! Chris was worth every penney! If I had to do it all again, I would hire Soundwaves Entertainment in a heartbeat.

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Norfleet B

Soundwaves Entertainment DJed my wedding this past May, and I can't thank my DJ Craig enough for his performance at our wedding. We received DJ services, up lightening, and ceremony music from Soundwaves. Craig was an excellent DJ and planner. He helped make sure the whole... Read More process was moving and was on point all evening make sure guests were dancing and enjoyed themselves. Craig also met us at our venue before the event when we weren't sure if we wanted up lightening in our room or not, going the extra mile to make sure we had the additions that helped make our reception that much more wonderful. I highly recommend Soundwaves Entertainment and their DJ Craig, and thank them for doing such a phenomenal job on our special day.

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Greg L

Soundwaves Entertainment is a choice I would recommend for anyone uncertain about their wedding DJ options. I was sold by their genuine and personable demeanor, willingness to work with us on our choices and options, and quick follow up. It was more about how they could... Read More accommodate us and make the reception our own event and they came through on every special request we had. We worked closely with Chris Pyle and DJ Tony leading into the day, throughout the process I was put at ease with their professionalism and expertise. The planning tool on their website is a good feature to sort organize and customize. Tony was our day of DJ, very funny, smooth and fluent on the mic, he came up and asked how we were doing, when we were running behind on the timeline he presented options and worked with us on what we were looking to do. We took requests from the guests and he seamlessly blended them in, I especially liked how he grouped the songs for the flow of the night, it led to a really active dance floor, including some people who normally don't come out. During times of interaction Tony had a good rapport with us over the mic. The professionalism, the flexibility, the quality of service would lead me to highly recommend Soundwaves Entertainment for your event. I personally subscribe to only booking vendors who are flexible to your needs and have a friendly demeanor to support and accommodate you, adding value for you rather then you accommodating their rules and Soundwaves certainly met all of that criteria.

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Eric C

Chris and Tony are highly professional DJs. My wife delegated the task of music and photobooth to me and we were not disappointed. They listened to all of our concerns and made very sure that our day was perfect. Saying that these guys are organized is not saying enough. They... Read More remembered every little thing that we requested and carefully reviewed details with us on the wedding day. I highly recommend their services. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 RaeAnn E

Tony and his wife did an excellent job for my wedding. The ceremony was supposed to be outside and when a storm rolled in, he did a great job keeping me up to date with what was going on and making a final decision to hold the ceremony inside. Tony checked in with me throughout... Read More the entire night to make sure things were going well. I would absolutely recommend Soundwaves Entertainment to any couple to be!

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Lauren R

We hired Soundwaves Entertainment for our May 2017 wedding. Chris and his team, especially Craig, were professional and quick to respond throughout the entire planning process. They offered so many options for personalizing our special day and worked with us to ensure that the... Read More music, lighting, and hosting were exactly what we had pictured. Many of our guests commented on how great the music was and how Craig kept the party going. We highly recommend Soundwaves Entertainment to anyone looking for a great DJ in the south central PA region.

Reviewed on 8/10/2017 Nicole P

Everyone had a great time on the dance floor. Our DJ was great and played a perfect mix of hits and throwbacks. He was a great emcee and kept us on schedule. The owner, Chris was very professional and had a very quick response rate. We got many compliments on the music - I... Read More highly recommend!

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Mike S

DJ Tony and his wife were not only outstanding, but very fun and flexible. They were prepared for every situation and even arrived very early to make sure they were prepared for the big day. Chris, the owner, is extremely responsive and will email you back even when he's on... Read More vacation or it's 2am (seriously).

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Samantha S

Our wedding was this June. Chris, the owner was away on vacation so we had an assistant DJ host our event, and it was nothing short of perfect. Craig was our DJ for the night and he made sure everyone was having fun and getting everyone involved in the dances and toasts. My... Read More brother and sister in law actually used this DJ for their wedding back in may of 2014 so we chose them as well, already knowing they were professional and easy to work with. I would highly recommend them for any wedding or large event you plan on having. Whether Chris or one of his assistants host your event, you need not worry, they are so organized and well prepared! I was called a few weeks prior to the event to make sure everything was ok and to double check on music selection, and special dances, toast etc. SounsWaves entertainment is 100% reliable, focused, professional, and they are so much fun, and definitely easy to work with and keep in contact with! I will definitely be recommending them for all of my friends future weddings!

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Michele N

We had a great experience with Soundwaves Entertainment. Kevin was an amazing DJ and was very professional, courteous and more than willing to adjust to any changes. Absolutely no complaints, would highly recommend.

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Nicole A

Chris Pyle and Rick Hansberry were FANTASTIC to work with!!! There was such an easily accessible website in which we were able to select any and all songs that we wanted for our big day and Rick made sure that they were all played! Rick was wonderful with his organization and... Read More communication and was such a pleasure to work with. We strongly recommend Soundwaves Entertainment for your next event; they do not disappoint!!!

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Hillary S

Soundwaves exceeded our expectations for our wedding DJ. Chris made every part of the day run smoothly. He was very efficient before the wedding to ensure that he knew exactly what we wanted details we never would have even thought of. He was very go with the flow, and we were... Read More so thankful to have him with us on our big day!

Reviewed on 6/30/2017 Jennifer D

We had the pleasure of working with DJ Tony for our June wedding at the Cork Factory Hotel in Lancaster. We had multiple planning meetings with both Chris, Soundwaves owner, as well as DJ Tony leading up to our wedding. These meetings were informative and both Chris and Tony... Read More brought tons of ideas and recommendations to the table. Using the Soundwaves online planning website was so incredibly easy—my partner and I were able to add songs and formulate our timeline in it, as well as list the exact songs we didn’t want to hear at all (I’m looking at you, SexyBack…). Tony took our ‘can play’ and ‘play under penalty of death’ lists and came up with the best 90’s-00’s dance party ever!! We had an even split in our guest list, about 40% were 60+ and the other 60% were the dancing crowd. Tony and his assistant (his sweet wife!) started our night with lots of 60’s and 70’s tunes that everyone could get up to dance to, and our floor was packed! As the night went on, he played more modern songs on our must-play list and the older guests filled out onto the patio and into the pub, but that left plenty of space for our younger family and friends to really let loose! Our absolute favorite part of the night was the final line-up. We’re college sweethearts, and about 45 of our guests all attended the same school and went to the same college dive bar, so it was important to us that we represent that time together. Tony played the final 4 songs our dive bar closed down to every single night, and our crowd lost it!! It was an absolute hit with all of our friends! We also decided to do a final song of the night, originally to be played as everyone headed out. I chose La Vive En Rose to honor my new husband, so the two of us stayed out on the dance floor and slow-danced to our final song of the night. Halfway though, our parents and close friends joined us with their spouses, and our photographer got some amazing shots of all the love. Honestly, it’s one of the highlights of the day for me, and I’m so glad Tony was able to get the obscure version of the song to play for my husband! Highly recommend using Soundwaves, especially DJ Tony, for your wedding or event! They’re extremely professional and we had zero doubts that they would be able to handle anything that came their way!

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Paige E

Soundwaves is great! Our DJ, Craig, was awesome. He played the perfect mix of music that we were looking for and everyone had a blast on the dance floor. We could also tell that he really cared about doing a great job - he took the time to check in with us on some details when... Read More he arrived early to set up and he checked in a couple times throughout the wedding. Everything went smoothly and exactly according to our timeline. Could not have asked for a better DJ! Chris, the owner of Soundwaves, was a joy to work with as well. He made it so easy for us to plan our wedding from out of town (we live in Washington DC but had our wedding in PA). He gave us access to an online system to plan out all the details of our wedding and put together playlists. About a month before the wedding, we had a meeting with him and Craig to make sure we were all on the same page. Such a breeze to plan! I'd recommend Soundwaves to anyone!

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Laura H

Picking our DJ was the last big to-do we had, and we seriously lucked out with Chris and his team. Everything about their process was efficient and quick. We planned our wedding from Texas and their online tool made it so incredibly easy to map out every song for every moment.... Read More We never met them in person, and with only one phone call, Chris and Tony had everything perfectly laid out for the big day. And when the wedding finally came, Tony was so incredibly flexible and sweet! We had our fair share of hiccups, but Tony was fast to accomodate each of our new requests and changes. I was on the fence about including too many lights at the wedding, but the combination of the uplighting, the patterned light, the white lights, and the sound reactive colored lights through out the night, absolutely beautiful! Everyone was blown away, especially the little ones who loved to dance in the changing lights! Everything was better than I could have ever asked for. Thank you so much Chris and Tony!

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Sarah B

I met Chris at a wedding vendor event to have the chance to meet him since reading raving reviews of his service. I was never concerned with my choice of vendor-music was very important to myself-not my fiance at the time, so only the best would do. Chris was incredibly thorough... Read More with every single detail. His website was very helpful in choosing songs and giving samples. It really sped up the process to pick songs out. We used a few lights, but no other extra features. He made suggestions here or there but was not pushy or trying to make a sale. He wants the day to be exactly as you want it. Chris played the requested songs at the wedding and helped keep things moving. I am very happy with my choice and wouldn't go a different route if I did it all over.

Reviewed on 5/19/2017 Matt V

The music/DJ services were great. The DJ and I connected right before the start of the wedding and he worked with our officiant to make sure everything was perfect for the ceremony, and it was. He made sure everyone's name was pronounced correctly and hit all the major talking... Read More points/notifications, like making sure our transportation was announced. Music was great throughout the night, lot of people made requests which were accommodated and the sounds quality was great. Thanks again for everything, truly appreciate it.

Reviewed on 4/03/2017 Krista K

Chris provided great entertainment for our wedding. He really listened to us when we discussed the styles of music we like and could not have asked for a better reception. Our friends and family were dancing and singing all night which is exactly what we wanted!

Reviewed on 3/15/2017 Natalie M

Soundwaves Entertainment was great to work with. Chris, the owner, was quick to respond to emails/calls and answered all of our many questions. He provided great guidance and advice as we were picking music for our 'big day' and creating our wedding timeline. Our DJ, Craig,... Read More was fantastic. He was so much fun and made us feel at ease on our wedding day. We didn't have to worry about any music-related details and Craig played music that our guests loved.

Reviewed on 2/04/2017 Sarah T

Chris was amazing! First of all, he gave us an amazing deal on his services. For a young couple like my husband and I, it was really nice that he was so affordable for us. I was completely clueless about what ask for or include with music, dances, and lights. He walked me... Read More through decisions on what special dances to include, the songs we could use, and the schedule of events. I loved that we could allow our guests to make requests online because my mom had quite a few songs that she really wanted to hear. Chris was able to get all of them in and my mom was beyond thrilled. At the wedding Chris made sure ahead of time that he knew how to pronounce the names of everyone in our wedding party, even double checking right before introductions. He kept us on schedule, but wasn't pushy about it. All of our guests had a fabulous time dancing the night away!

Reviewed on 1/05/2017 Mac M

I definitely recommend Chris at Soundwaves Entertainment. He brought great energy and professionalism to our event behind the mic. People were on the dancefloor the entire time and he had everyone in a great mindset. His lighting arrangements were also a great addition, and... Read More helped set the mood for a great New Year's Eve wedding celebration! Thanks so much, Chris!

Reviewed on 12/20/2016 Sarah M

We used Soundwaves Entertainment for our December 2016 wedding. Chris, the owner, was extremely professional and helpful throughout the entire process. You can tell how many successful weddings he has done just by his overview sheets that cover everything you could think of. He... Read More played great music and kept the party going. Even our guests commented on how great Chris was as well as the music he played. Would definitely recommend Soundwaves Entertainment for any DJ needs.

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Kristen K

During the planning process Chris, the owner, was very responsive to emails and phone calls. Then when it got closer to our date he was very helpful in nailing down the final details for our lighting, etc... The night of our wedding our DJ, Craig, was very professional. He... Read More played all the music we wanted to hear and even ran requests by me before he played them. Overall we had a great experience with Soundwaves Ent. & would recommend them to anyone looking for a DJ and lighting service that is reasonably priced and delivers on the party!!!

Chris Pyle

I'm the Owner and Executive DJ for Soundwaves Entertainment. We are a full time entertainment company. I have personally performed at over 6,000 weddings to date since founding the company. I also used to be an "on-air" personality/ radio DJ at several local radio stations in the Central Pa. area. I've also been featured three times on local TV wedding shows (Dream Weddings and Weddings In Style). Weddings are my passion. I take great pride in providing a level of customer service that exceeds our customers expectations. We would be honored to help you create your dream wedding celebration!