Savannah, Beaufort, Bluffton, Charleston, & Hilton Head

Engagement Party, Bridal Luncheon, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Day After Brunch, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Planning, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

706 Craven Street, Beaufort, SC Savannah, Beaufort, Bluffton, Charleston, & Hilton Head (843) 379-0576

Reviewed on 9/02/2017

In regards to the owner Bethany Boles Hewitt (owner), I can attest that she does not communicate effectively or efficiently. Yes, my youngest sister lost her fiancé recently, and she was a client of Southern Graces. The fact is, that Bethany Boles Hewitt, the owner of this... Read More company could not be bothered to speak to or extend any response to my sister for 16 days following the death of her fiancé. He died 5 days before they were to be wed, and at a minimum, it would have been decent to have made the time to reach out no later than the wedding date of 21 July, 2017. She was already paid to be available for this date, and somehow Bethany still could not be bothered to communicate. Southern Graces held the entire deposit of nearly $10,000, that my sister had scrimped and saved for the past two years, and could not provide any answer as to what was to be done with the "pre-purchased" food and floral for SIXTEEN days. The contract provided by Southern Graces gave zero provision, the incompetent assistant could only offer to cater my brother-in-laws funeral (if it were done in town), and once again Bethany DID NOT return any correspondence for OVER TWO WEEKS. We still don't know if the items sat to rot and waste during this timeframe, because as you might've guessed, Bethany has once again stopped communicating with her client. She will not provide requested invoices or receipts, nor respond to e-mails that have been repeatedly sent. The truth of the matter is, there have been multiple reviews of this business's failure to effectively communicate over the past three years, and still they're here failing at it. This is not a one time experience of an upset family, this is the poor business model that Bethany continues to perpetuate. I could not recommend this company less.

Reviewed on 8/11/2017 Mark B

Wow, I am just overwhelmed. The service and care given by Bethany and her staff were top notch. She was very responsive to our needs and made our special day fantastic. Crystal was a top notch operations person as well. I can not thank them enough for going above and beyond (it... Read More seems the groom can be forgetful when it comes to small things like saving a few pieces of wedding cake). They "got" what we were looking for and made our day breathtaking!

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Nicole P

Don't waste your time or money with Southern Graces. My husband and I had concerns after our wedding about the food served at our May wedding. We reached out by phone and email for over a month after our wedding, with no return calls or emails. Bethany responded within minutes... Read More once I mentioned I would be sharing my experience on review sites. To make a long story short, we paid for food that was never passed. We asked at least 25 people prior to reaching out to both Bethany and Kristin. They will wow you with a beautiful proposal in the beginning. But once the deposit is paid, the communication completely changes. The food wasn't bad, but it was nothing spectacular either I'm highly disappointed that I chose them to caterer our wedding. They are the only vendor that we were disappointed with. In hindsight, I should have forfeit the deposit and gone with a different caterer. Please choose someone else to cater your event. There are plenty of other options in the area.

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Taylor L

We used Southern Graces for catering for our wedding just about a week ago and Crystal and the staff did such an amazing job. Crystal kept in great contact the entire planning process and was so easy to talk to. The food was awesome and I received many compliments from guests,... Read More especially the "For the Love of Chocolate" station!! Absolutely awesome and am so glad we booked them to serve our guests!

Reviewed on 4/12/2017 Ashley S

We used Southern Graces for our wedding in Savannah. We utilized their catering, floral, cake, and some decorating services. Everything was beautiful for our special day! The food and desserts were delicious, and our guests were raving! Although we provided our own centerpieces,... Read More SG came behind us and filled in the empty spots with greenery and candles which was perfect! Our only issues were with communication during the planning process. We requested changes to our proposal at the beginning, but when we went to the tasting and planning session, none of the changes were made so we didn't actually try any of the food that would be there or see any examples of what we wanted. But I trusted them because what we did see was great! There were quite a few emails that went unanswered, but about a month out from the wedding communication was great. We had a couple snafus on the wedding day but they were handled professionally and quickly. We appreciate everything Crystal and Bethany did for us and we definitely would recommend them!

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Kelsey H

To say that we were thrilled is an understatement! Bethany and her team did such a beautiful job for our wedding - we LOVED it and our guests are STILL talking about the flowers and the food! Yay for Southern Graces!! Thank you! Thank you!

Reviewed on 6/30/2016 Lauren W

We were so pleased with everything that Southern Graces did for our wedding, which was, well, everything! Bethany and her team helped us from the very beginning and made the process fun and we LOVED the food, but the flowers and decorations were more than I had hoped for, all... Read More while keeping our budget in mind! Highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 12/24/2015 Bill S

We loved using Southern Graces for our wedding! We actually went to a friends wedding that they had done a year earlier and were so blown away that we signed on with them to do ours. Samantha and Bethany have everything down to a science and even if I didn't hear from them for... Read More awhile, I was completely comfortable knowing that they had it under control. The monthly calls were very helpful just to touch base and we got to go to beautiful Beaufort, SC for our tasting which was absolutely fabulous. We felt like a King and Queen! Chef Chris is extremely talented and we were so happy with the food they provided for the tasting and the reception. The weekend of the wedding was great as well. They assisted us with a brief rehearsal and made me feel at ease knowing they were handling anything that came up. We were fortunate enough to have the bridal party get ready at our location (The Charles H. Morris Center) and Southern Graces provided all of us breakfast and lunch while we got ready. They nailed every single detail and even though I had a pretty clear picture in my head of what I wanted, they went above and beyond and delivered a product that I could only dream of. My wedding would not have been a fraction of what it was without them. All of our guests were extremely complimentary of the decor and the food and the service their staff provided during the reception was top notch. We even had our own personal server that made sure we had whatever we needed. They also did all of the clean up for us and coordinated for our bags to be brought to the hotel we were staying at and surprised us with plates of food since they knew we didn't eat as much as we liked during the reception. I absolutely loved working with everyone at Southern Graces and would recommend them in a heartbeat to anyone planning an event.

Rehearsal Dinner and Wedding Day

Reviewed on 11/01/2015 Caraline T

Southern Graces did a wonderful job for both our rehearsal dinner/welcome party and wedding day. We did not go with the wedding planner option, but it was still easy to coordinate everything with them. They provided our catering, rentals, and all floral/decoration needs, which... Read More made the planning process much easier since we did not have to coordinate numerous for the same event. During the year of planning, Southern Graces was helpful in providing all the details, but there were a few times when many days or a few weeks would go by without response. Our rehearsal dinner/welcome party went off beautifully, food was good, service was excellent, and our guests had a wonderful time. The wedding day also went well. Only a few minor hiccups including the lack of a gift table, the petite desserts were forgotten, and the lounge area was not set up promptly. Once these issues were brought to the staffs attention, they were remedied immediately. Food was good (I did not try everything there though), service again was excellent, and our guests had an absolute blast. Some pro's of Southern Graces include the excellent service during the wedding weekend, the ability to bring in your own alcohol, and it is one entity providing the food, flowers, rentals, and decorations. Another great aspect of Southern Graces is that they are located at the Beaufort Inn, so if the Beaufort Inn happens to be your venue as well (which it was our venue for the whole weekend), then everything is on site. Very convenient! They also waived some fees for the rehearsal dinner for us, since we were already doing the wedding with them. Some con's include the lag time between emails, although all emails were eventually answered. Communication may be quicker if you go with the planner option. I was also a bit frustrated that juice was not included in the mixers provided by Southern Graces, and we were not notified of this until the day before the wedding. A little about the food: Rehearsal dinner food was all very good, but most of the shrimp in the low country boil were mealy. I do not know if it was due to the cooking method or if they were old, but either way that texture was not pleasant to eat. The rest of the food was very good though. Wedding day food was overall very good as well. The roasted potatoes were a bit under cooked, cupcakes were very dry, specifically the chocolate ones. Those were the only complaints I really heard from guests though. My husband and I did ask if they would make a plate for us to take after the wedding, which they either never made, or we never received. All of the decorations and flowers were beautiful. Very simple, elegant, and complimented the low country setting perfectly. The staff worked their butts off the whole night before the wedding to set everything up. The staff at both the rehearsal/welcome party and wedding were wonderful. Extremely friendly and accommodating. They handled any issue brought to their attention, and I am sure handled some issues behind the scene as well that were not brought to my attention. The bartenders were wonderful as well, and dealt with a very rowdy drinking crowd. Overall Southern Graces did a wonderful job for our wedding and rehearsal dinner/welcome party. My husband and I had a wonderful time and our guests had a blast. I would recommend Southern Graces for your wedding needs in Beaufort, SC! *cost reflects wedding & rehearsal dinner/welcome party combined.

Cody's Wedding

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

Previously sent

Southern Graces Wedding

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

Best wedding planners ever. Bethany & Samantha anticipated our every need before we identified the needs. Their planning was professional, efficient, and detailed leaving us with no stress on the months leading up to the event through the weekend itself. We felt like we were... Read More members of their families and that our wedding was the most important event on their calendar.

Southern Graces Wedding Rehearsal Dinner

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

We are delighted to sing the praises of Southern Graces regarding the outstanding Rehearsal dinner they catered the evening before our son's July 2015 Beaufort, SC wedding! The company's historic "Soiree" location in downtown Beaufort provided the perfect venue with it's... Read More intimate and rustic interior and Spanish moss draped live oak trees with chandeliers in the entrance patio area. The groom's favorite and native Low Country cuisine was highlighted by such dishes as Cheerwine BBQ and Low Country Boil. Even the Fried Green Tomatoes and Fried Okra were prepared to accommodate guests requiring Gluten-free dining. Of course, the White Chocolate Banana Pudding was a hit and the bride's non-English speaking French relatives needed no words to express their delight with the Chocolate Crème Brulee! One bridesmaid, now living in the northwest summed the food up best when she said, "Oh, this is so great to have all my favorite foods I have been missing for so long!" In addition, compliments go to the staff as well for their courtesy and efficiency in serving. They saw needs to be met and simply filled them without hovering or interrupting the guests as they chatted and mixed across the long tables. With a large mix of family and friends from across the United States and several foreign countries, our goal of casually mixing folks with local delicious food and our South Carolina hospitality was wonderfully met. As the hosts, we were able to relax and truly enjoy a very special event in our family's life thanks to Southern Graces!

Unbelievable!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

Our wedding could not have been any better than it was! From the stress free planning until the time we left our reception every dream I ever had was a reality. The staff at Southern Graces was so knowledgable and creative that things I had never thought could be possible... Read More were. If you can remotely imagine it they can make it happen!

My Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

I envisioned a family wedding with our children but I had concerns about how everything would come together. Once I turned everything over to Bethany and Southern Graces, it not only came together but far exceeded our expectations. The flowers for our ceremony were striking... Read More fall colors and my bouquet was designed to incorporate a family heirloom. The champagne toast immediately following the outdoor ceremony was served on silver trays with red rose petals and the photographer captured my favorite photo as everyone lifted their glasses to us. What a splendid idea Bethany gave us. Our brunch menu was just perfect in representing our two families including favorite foods for our New Englanders (the mini Boston Cream Pies were to die for) and foods for our Southerners (delicious Gouda grits and biscuits). The mimosa bar was a big hit. Everything was presented just as fabulous as it was delicious! Our guests just kept commenting about how elegant everything was and how much they were enjoying our special day. I cannot thank Bethany, Christopher, and the excellent Southern Graces staff enough for making my dream wedding a reality!

10/10

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Jen O

Blessing

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

We found dealing with Southern Graces to be a pleasurable and efficient process. From the initial planning, subsequent changes (on our part) we found the staff to be more than helpful. On the event evening, the staff arrived as scheduled with every detail anticipated. Every... Read More person was friendly, helpful and professional. The food was presented in a tasteful manner and all of our guests raved about the taste and uniqueness of the food. We highly recommend this vendor for your next event.

Dream Come True!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

I can only describe my wedding as a dream! It was even better than I had imagined. Simply put, Bethany "got" me. She just knew what I would like even before I did. I am sure I was one of "those" brides that drives the staff crazy with my constant questions, emails and requests,... Read More but they never showed it. I was very nervous about doing a destination wedding because everything had to be done over the phone or by email. I had heard and read great things about SG, but admit I was still worried. Samantha is precious and I felt like I was working with a friend who wanted to make everything perfect for me. My cousin got married this year also and my aunt and uncle have both said they wish they had used Southern Graces! For the same budget, my wedding was SO much more in every way. People are still talking about the food and the reception looked like a magazine. I could not be more pleased!

Magical Wedding Moments

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Paula M

Somewhat apprehensive to begin planning a destination wedding in a locale that we knew nothing about, fortunately we made some of the best decisions that resulted in the most magical of moments; The wedding of a lifetime. Last fall, living in Charleston, my son and his future... Read More bride took an afternoon trip to Beaufort, SC. Being a history major, he had always expressed a deep desire to be married at Old Sheldon Church. While visiting one weekend they came upon the Beaufort Inn. They decided to stop in for dinner and fell in love with not only the beautiful setting for a wedding reception, but the food. As the mother of the groom and the planner of the wedding, I went back to visit and likewise fell in love with the setting. Once we secured all of the rooms at The Beaufort Inn for our wedding party and guest we set out to find a location for the Rehearsal Dinner and a caterer for the reception. With all of the blessings that could be showered on us, we found out that Southern Graces, the owners of the restaurant at The Beaufort Inn had a small quaint venue just across that would be perfect for a Rehearsal Dinner, and they would also cater and manage our reception in the adorable courtyard at The Beaufort Inn. Given a budget for 100-150, and the word “fun”, we set down and began planning. I am one like likes a party to be different from the status quo and Bethany and her team did not disappoint. From the incredibly unique menu to the hanging outdoor chandeliers, not a person left that evening that didn’t say this was one of the best weddings and receptions that they had ever attended. For the mother of the bride or groom, or the wedding couple themselves; whomever is taking the lead for their next wedding, I would encourage you not to stress over the planning. Discuss with Bethany your desires. She knows her food and venues so well, that she can advise you. No other wedding planner needed! She allows you to be creative and have a hand in making this event your own, and was very accommodating to us when we wanted to add our unique flare. On a weekend when every detail matters, Southern Graces partnered with us to pull off the wedding of a lifetime!

Our Perfect Summer Wedding!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

Bethany and Samantha were so amazing to work with! They were able to understand what we wanted and created our dream wedding! They were professional and easy to work with throughout the entire planning process. They are truly talented and have a gift for understanding what you... Read More want in a wedding. We felt like our wedding reflected us as a couple and everything we love about the lowcountry. We are so happy and pleased with how everything turned out!

Last Minute Wedding

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

My husband and I had a civil ceremony a couple years ago, but had always planned to have an actual wedding to share with our joined families. Unfortunately, (or not;), all of our children were out on their own, and with so many schedules to coordinate, we just couldn't get a... Read More common time together. When we finally worked out a beach weekend with everyone in attendance, we decided to stage the event! Southern Graces did a phenomenal job. We called them with less than 2 weeks notice, and it looked like we had planned it for months! Great staff, great food, great location, and so easy to work with over the phone. Recommend Highly!

Dream Evening

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Leslie S

My husband and I got married in July 2015, and used Southern Graces to cater our wedding. This was a second marriage for both of us, and we wanted a relaxed but elegant evening party to celebrate our marriage. Samantha, our planner, was a pleasure to work with. She was... Read More sweet and detail oriented, and really listened to our ideas to get a feel for the type of atmosphere we wanted to create. Our wedding was a beautiful and elegant night, and the food was incredible. The timing of everything was taken care of by Samantha, and everything went off like a dream, from the beautiful candles and linens they chose, to the tents and the strings of lights everywhere. In the southern setting with the Spanish Moss on the trees, it was truly a bit of heaven. Our guests were so impressed with the food and the setting. We got many compliments, and several of our friends and family remarked that of the weddings they had attended, ours was the best.

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Karen U

We used Southern Graces for our September wedding at the Beaufort Inn and could not have been happier with the way everything turned out! Every creative detail, including the flowers, centerpieces, and overall décor of the wedding exceeded my expectations. All of the food was... Read More amazing and we received many comments from guests that it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding. Southern Graces made the process of planning a wedding easy and stress free!

Reviewed on 10/07/2015

We utilized a number of services from Southern Graces: wedding planning, catering, rentals, floral, and cake for our daughter and son in law's wedding this past May with 200 traveling guests. The service and attention to detail were outstanding. Both bride and groom commented... Read More they wouldn't have changed a thing about the weekend and it was perfect. Much of the credit goes to Bethany, Chris and Samantha for their role in planning, organizing, and executing on all the wedding details. I highly recommend their services.

Reviewed on 10/01/2015

Seeking the best food and style for your wedding ? Look no further than Southern Graces in Beaufort, SC. Owners Bethany and Christopher Hewitt know how to put together a memorable and unique event. At a recent event, they wowed us with unusual but delicious food—such... Read More as Duck Confit over a waffle, Beef Wellington, Butternut Squash soup, and miniature dessert cannolis. The ‘look’—including unusual displays of candlelight lighting, eye-catching table centerpieces, and well-trained waitstaff—was thought out to the last detail. They are well-known around town for everything they present…par excellence.

Reviewed on 10/01/2015

It is indeed a pleasure and a treasure to dine and experience an event hosted by Southern Graces. Both Bethany and Chris put their heart and soul into ensuring that everyone who crosses the threshold at any venue they serve come away thoroughly satisfied. My wife Colleen and I... Read More have dined at many Southern Graces catered events, their restaurants and the soiree and we consider it an honor and privilege. HAPPY TRAILS. BOB BIBLE