Book Your Wedding with Southern Oaks Plantation

A BACKYARD IN NEW ORLEANS, LA

Southern Oaks Plantation combines the elegance of the Old South with modern Southern hospitality to make your wedding day a storybook experience. Located in New Orleans, Louisiana, the plantation features an antebellum mansion and spacious front lawn. Your choice of the following dream spaces can be yours.

During the daytime, your wedding will be framed in many shades of green by the lawn’s gorgeous live oak trees. During the nighttime, trees will glitter with twinkle lights above your heads. Stand on the plantation steps or in front of the splashing fountain as you say 'I do.' Southern Oaks Plantation will provide white lawn chairs for 300-plus guests.

A light, spacious room with wooden floors throughout and picture windows looking out onto a garden and pool, the ballroom makes a magnificent reception space. Candlelit centerpieces, fine linens and ambience lighting are provided by the plantation. The space accommodates 300-plus guests.

An intimate, softly colored space, the lounge offers your guests sofas on which to relax. Use of the lounge comes with the ballroom.

In addition to these spaces, powder rooms and photography rooms are also available for the use of the bridal party. Your wedding will include a menu of mouthwatering New Orleans cuisine. You choose from over 80 hors d’oeuvres and entrees. The plantation also offers a wide selection of wines and cocktails.

When you book your wedding at the Southern Oaks Plantation, you will be assigned a professional wedding coordinator to help customize your menu, decor and music. During your special day, personal attendants will be assigned to the bride and groom to ensure that all their needs are met.

The Southern Oaks Plantation is a popular wedding destination, so after the allotted time for your wedding, you should prepare to be gone with the wind. Ceremonies are allotted 30 minutes, plus one hour of preparation time. Receptions are allotted three hours. During those three hours, you and your guests will have exclusive access to the entire plantation. Additional reception time is available as an add-on feature.

Your wedding at Southern Oaks Plantation will come with a fleet of add-on features to ratchet up the magic.

• Victorian carriage drawn by a pair of pure white horses
  • New Orleans jazz band, complete with polished brass instruments and bright red livery
  • Fireworks presentation
  • Snowball stand, especially suited to delight children at your wedding
  • Photo booth with props and video capability
  • Sushi chef

Romance - Memories - Magic

Hidden behind its Antebellum façade,Southern Oaks Plantation is a unique, fresh, and surprisingly contemporary wedding venue. A quick stroll through the mansion’s immaculately decorated interior is all it takes to understand how thoroughly Southern Oaks embraces the wedding industry’s latest trends.

Backyard, Ballroom, Garden, Estate, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

7816 Hayne Boulevard, New Orleans, LA (504) 245-8221

Reviewed on 6/10/2015 Paige C

The journey for the perfect wedding venue was quite a challenge- UNTIL one day I walked into the doors of Southern Oaks! Greeted by Mr. Bobby, then a tour of the plantation and grounds- I knew it was a done deal! I cannot begin to explain how truly amazing every aspect of my... Read More wedding was at Southern Oaks. From the very early stages of the planning process- the many questions, Southern Oaks always responded in a prompt, easy manner. They were always there. I also choose to take bridal portraits at the plantation, and that is truly a day I will never forget! Greeted at the door with mimosas- and Mr. Bobby surprising me with some snapshots with Magic and Majestic! Wow! Truly top notch. The wedding day was simply amazing! My ceremony, and reception were beautiful. It rained majority of the day, but Southern Oaks never missed a beat. We rolled in the carriage, the sky opened up, and the ambiance that surrounded Southern Oaks on this night was again simply amazing. I cannot thank Mr. Bobby and the staff at Southern Oaks enough. After the ceremony completed, Mr. Bobby started the celebration with surprise fireworks! Wow! The jazz band played, fireworks sounded, and the new Mr. and Mrs. watched on while being escorted in the carriage- all surrounded by the ones we love the most. It was truly magicial. The reception was also top notch. My guest raved over the food, and exceptional service. Never a line at the bar, and food always right there. Multiple guests told my husband and I, " That was the best wedding they had ever been to, and the most fun to!" Southern Oaks does not miss a single detail, they are there every step of the day to ensure a perfect day! Again, Southern Oaks is SIMPLY THE BEST! Special thank yous again to Mr. Bobby, Stacy, Taylor, and Kim- exceptional is just not the word! Simply the BEST!

IT RAINED ON MY WEDDING DAY!!

Reviewed on 10/21/2011 Kwa heri H

That’s right, an hour before my wedding the clouds opened up and a monsoon came crashing down. This storm was no different from any other summer storm in the Big Easy. It rained for about 15 minutes then moved on to the next location. No big deal except for the destruction it... Read More left behind. En route to Southern Oaks my limousine had to wade through water and slowly pass by cars stranded on the side of the road. Needless to say I knew my outdoor wedding was ruined. BOY WAS I WRONG!!!! I reached Southern Oaks to find it as beautiful, majestic and completely dry as ever. At first I thought maybe it didn’t rain on this side of town. I was in the downtown area about 15minutess away. I later learned from friends who arrived early that it rained, but the staff took the time to dry everything including the ground. I have never in my life heard of a facility going that far on behalf of a client. They literally saved my wedding day. It was absolutely gorgeous and an outstanding prelude to a night my husband, guest and I would never forget. At the end of my ceremony we had streamers and fireworks to celebrate our union. I highly recommend everyone who has a night wedding to take advantage of this extra amenity. It truly takes your ceremony to another level of elegance and excitement. After the ceremony came the reception. Southern Oaks continued to WOW my family and friends with the décor, food and the drinks. The D.J. was fantastic. Kyle and his staff were outstanding. I can truly go on and on about how attentive, hardworking and professional the staff was, but I won’t because everyone else has raved about it and it is all true. The one thing I must state is that Kyle and his team did everything wonderfully well with the personal New Orleans southern hospitality. I am from New Orleans, but live in Texas. My husband is a true Texan born and raised and we had friends and family travel from all over the United States to be a witness to our union. The one question we were asked repeatedly was, “why get married in New Orleans”. My response was always the same, “there is no place like it, the food and the people make it truly unique”. Kyle and his team exemplified the reason why I love my city and will always call New Orleans home. Thank you so much for the best night of my life and making me proud to call New Orleans Home.

Reviewed on 11/18/2017 Courtney R

All I can say is if you choose this as your venue you can never go wrong! Perfect in every way for my wedding day!

Reviewed on 11/12/2017 Donna G

Incredible Fairytale Wedding! Southern Oaks Plantation (SOP), the "crem dela crem" of wedding venues in New Orleans, was the site of our only daughter's destination wedding. My husband and I are originally from New Orleans, but live in Illinois. We know and appreciate the... Read More fanfare the "Big Easy" has to offer. Our daughter and her fiancé live in Ohio. After their 2016 New Years Eve engagement, our 1st choice venue was reserved without delay. Lauren was our main SOP coordinator. She was a true southern belle, friendly, professional, helpful and accommodating. She answered lots of questions making the destination challenge easier, and made sure we felt great about the venue and were aware of all of it's offerings. We wanted a grand celebration so we added several additional SOP enhancements to help make it happen. Meeting Bobby and Sue Asaro (SOP owners) was a pleasure! They are kind, compassionate, and have a love and sincere passion for what they do. They make your dreams come true! Merci Beaucoup to the Asaro's, Lauren and the entire SOP staff! You all are amazing, the best of the best! Everything was spectacular on October 22, 2017 for our daughter and son-in-law's wedding! Family and friends from all over the country came to help celebrate their union. From the moment we arrived we were greeted with smiles and enthusiasm and received exemplary service throughout the evening. The grounds and buildings were gorgeous! The staff was phenomenal! The food was beyond delicious, it was scrumptious and abundant! Everything was right on time and right on point! Words can't describe the mystical magic we felt once the wedding ceremony started. Everyone was amazed when the horse drawn carriage pulled up with my husband and daughter. As the twinkle of all the lights that filled the surroundings were ignited, it took our breath away! The ceremony was lovely, inspiring and serene. It was followed by exhilarating fireworks! Gold streamers fell from the sky above the couple as the carriage approached the building's entry. The jazz band lead us into the reception with a Second Line and fueled the celebration! Truly NOLA at it's best! It was so enchanting and exciting, like a fairytale being created right before our eyes! Special attention and care was given to all by the owners and staff. Food and drinks steadily flowed as guests signed the couples congrats portrait, took snapshots in the photo booth, relaxed and chatted at poolside, while the DJ made his mark with the couple's mix of music as we danced the night away! Then came the best wedding reception ending ever! "A Taste of Mardi Gras Parade", (1st SOP wedding parade) with festive floats, costumes, beads, trinkets, jazz band playing Mardi Gras music, and the newlyweds in horse drawn carriage. To top it off, an added bonus of more fireworks! It was an explosion of pure delight and merriment! Everyone in attendance said it was the "BEST WEDDING EVER!" We wanted our daughter and son-in-law's wedding to be memorable! It was MEMORABLE and REMARKABLE! Our Southern Oaks experience not only met our expectations, but on all accounts, our expectations were greatly exceeded! Southern Oaks owners and staff are masters of customer service and customer care! They are the hallmark of wedding venue pageantry! Thank you Southern Oaks for making this an Incredible Fairytale Wedding and Dream Come True! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU!

Reviewed on 11/08/2017 Kayla S

Simply amazing! Southern Oaks was our first and last tour for reception venues. Immediately upon walking though the door we were treated like royalty. The plantation is absolutely beautiful from the stunning oak trees in front to the horse stables behind the house. From myself... Read More and my Husband, to our parents, our bridal party and our guests, the service was absolutely incredible. Every time I blinked there was someone else handing me a glass of champagne or some delicious dish. The food was absolutely amazing, the DJ was perfect, I literally cannot think of one thing to complain about. The staff accommodated our every need and did so with a smile on their face. Our wedding was an absolute fairytale, more beautiful then we could have ever imagined!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Jami W

Where do I begin with this Venue, I’ve always dreamed of the most perfect wedding and when I chose Southern Oaks as my venue they made my dreams come true from the moment I booked. My wedding was absolutely beautiful!! Southern Oaks is truly magical, The staff is amazing, and... Read More the food so delicious!!! If your looking for the WOW factor by all means Southern Oaks is your Venue!!!

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Megan K

Southern Oaks was the best choice we could have possibly made for our venue. I have a very demanding job and knew I needed a one stop shop that had everything I was looking for and Southern Oaks was definitely it. The plantation and grounds are gorgeous and make for beautiful... Read More photos. The food is delicious. What was most striking (and amazing) was the fact that Mr. Bobby and his team take care of every single detail for you. From our arrival to the ceremony to the first dance, cake cutting and more, the day flowed perfectly. I can honestly say his team helped me keep from stressing out during the wedding day! They were so helpful with last minute requests (such as needing fabric tape!) and clearly wanted to make sure we were happy. Mr. Bobby even set up several surprises we were grateful for. Even morning rain didn't throw a wrench in the plan. If you are someone looking for a well-planned event that leaves you feeling pampered and like royalty, look no further.

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Chelsea M

I wish I was able to give 10 stars, honestly. Southern Oaks Plantation will take your breath away, as well as your guests! We are from Memphis and were having to plan our wedding in New Orleans remotely, and Southern Oaks was a blessing sent from Heaven. If I had a question via... Read More e-mail, they responded within 1-2 hours. If I left a message, they called back within 1-2 hours. I mean their response time is any control freaks DREAM. At Southern Oaks, they treat you like royalty, which says a lot since they have anywhere from 1-5 weddings a weekend. I cannot say enough about their team, we worked mostly with Taylor and Lauren and WOW, what superstars. Mr. Bobby and his wife Sue are also some of the sweetest and most accommodating people on the face of the planet. Now, into some of the details that you receive when you book this venue for your wedding: FOOD, AMAZING FOOD, unlimited booze, gorgeous ambiance, horses in a hand-drawn carriage, fireworks, personal attendants, pre-arranged tables and decorations, and did I mention FOOD. I mean, really this place has no flaws. If you are a local bride or especially an out-of-town one, Southern Oaks is the place for you. They'll take care of it all and just let you enjoy your special night. I'm tellin' ya, 10 stars!!!

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 heather s

Cant wait for our next event so we can have it at Southern Oaks Plantation again!

Reviewed on 8/10/2017 Yolanda B

Where shall I start. How can I rave about the Southern Oaks Plantation without writing a book? I researched many venues when planning my wedding in New Orleans (we live in New York) and after browsing most of them, the one that stood out the most was SOP. I was mesmerized. I... Read More must admit, I was afraid to click on the price link. I just knew this gorgeous venue was out of my budget but if I tell you that not only was it the best priced out of all the venues, it was also all inclusive. I met with the owner, Bobby Asaro, who showed us around. He was so helpful and answered all our questions. You could clearly see that he takes great pride in his establishment and it’s all about the customer. We booked it immediately. The email exchange with SOP throughout the year was timely, staff were extremely helpful and such a pleasure to work with. The week before the wedding we (my fiancé and I) went for the rehearsal. Lauren Burgess was amazing. She answered all our questions, explained how the day would go and essentially told us all we had to do was enjoy our special day and leave all the details to them. The day of the wedding, I cannot begin to tell you how attentive staff were to all our guests. They made sure we (my fiancé and I) ate and guarded the entry so that we would not be disturbed, they were bringing us food quicker than we could eat it and drinks. The service was phenomenal. They coordinated all the details with such precision and took care of all the highlights (ie. cake cutting, bouquet toss, etc.) so that we could enjoy the reception. At the end, they prepared 2 boxes for us, one with cake and the other with various food items as well as a bottle of champagne. All of my guests were so impressed with the venue. They are still telling me it was the best wedding ever. I honestly cannot think of one thing that did not go as planned – SOP made our special day flawless and so memorable. I am truly grateful to everyone at SOP. I highly recommend.

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Andrea W

Southern Oaks made my wedding magical! People are still talking about how beautiful the venue was and amazing everything was! I felt like a princess in a fairytale and I have to thank Southern Oaks for that. They are AMAZING and make every step of you wedding so easy! The food... Read More is AMAZING, the venue is BREATHTAKING and they have TWO WHITE HORSES! Need I say more! If I could give this place ten stars I would!

Reviewed on 4/30/2017 Cheyenne M

My day there was literally PERFECT. From the get-go, everyone was always available and ready to help with any question I had. On the day of, it was such a smooth process. I don't remember having to stress about anything or worry about anything. They had everything taken care... Read More of. Lauren ran the place like a well-oiled machine and my husband and I had the time of our lives. Everything was beautiful, the food was fantastic, and my guests really enjoyed themselves. The only complaint I'm hearing is that it didn't last longer because they were having such a great time there. I would recommend for everyone to get married there. They will take care of you!

Reviewed on 4/02/2017 Christie K

Y'ALL, THIS VENUE IS THE BEST!!!!! I recommend it 100%. From the first time I toured it, I was attracted to the gorgeous interior and exterior and excellent service. The team at southern oaks helps you prepare every single detail so that you do not need a wedding planner and you... Read More really feel taken care of. I felt like my wedding planning was easy and I owe it all to them. They have a FANTASTIC list of recommended vendors- I used Michael Caswell Photography, The Royal Cakery, and Bella Blooms Floral, and all exceeded my expectations. I grew up in a small town in Pennsylvania, so none of my out-of-town guests had ever seen anything like southern oaks, from the fireworks to the staff who serves dinner to you wherever you are on the grounds all night. We had so many compliments of it being "the best wedding they had ever been to" !! I felt like a princess the way that someone was always making sure my drink was full and guiding me to all the steps that needed to be done before dancing ALL night on the dance floor. Southern Oaks was the best experience I could have ever asked for, and I HIGHLY recommend it to everyone looking for a gorgeous, fun, tasteful, carefree, wedding of your dreams!!!

Reviewed on 12/27/2016 Shelby R

Words cannot explain the amazing experience I had with SOP. My sister had her wedding here 16 years prior to mine and we knew based on the first experience we would be using Southern Oaks Plantation as my venue. The service is top notch. Everyone always has a smile on their face... Read More and wants nothing more than to make sure you are having the absolute best time. Bobby makes sure the night is EXACTLY how you want it and more. The owners of this venue put their heart and soul into making this the best experience and it shows. This venue has 5-star ratings for a reason! The food is out of this world and your guest leave with full stomachs! I am so happy I chose Southern Oaks Plantation and I hope you do the same!

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Amy A

The BEST wedding venue in New Orleans!! The food is outstanding, and the service is excellent. The staff is very friendly, and they were on top of everything. I had several guests tell me my wedding reception was the best they've ever been to! Our experience was truly... Read More MAGICAL.

Reviewed on 11/12/2016 Jocelyn L

Absolutely breathtaking! Every detail was taken into consideration by their staff; we were truly free to simply take everything in!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Meghan M

Our experience with Southern Oaks was phenomenal. During our first visit, they really blew us away from the get-go. We were immediately impressed by the wonderful classic look on the exterior, and the beautiful modern touches indoors. What really blew us away though, was the... Read More customer service. They took care of us in every way possible, from beginning to end. The ceremony and reception were perfectly executed, and frankly magical. I cannot tell you how many people told us it was a fairy tale wedding. Our guests are still talking about it almost one month later. Not only were the carriage, jazz band, fireworks perfect in every way, but the staff made it even more special. The owner was right there to cater to us at every turn, and the women who were there to support each side of the family paid attention to every single detail. The food was out of this world, and no one left hungry. I cannot express in words my gratitude to Southern Oaks for making our day so incredibly special.

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Zach W

We had a big wedding, big expectations and not the biggest budget. Southern Oaks no only delivered an amazing and incredibly unique experience but I truly doubt that anyone else could have done anything half as impressive. Everyone told us "Something always goes wrong with... Read More every wedding, so just be prepared for that." Not only did the wedding run flawlessly but Southern Oaks made it seem easy and fun. A few highlights The Staff: It didn't matter if you spoke to the owner, a bartender or a server, they were all so well trained that they took excellent care of us. Even my mothers sudden and unexpected food requests were handled impossibly quickly and seamlessly. The Food: Food in New Orleans is amazing, but the food we had that night is in the top 10. It was amazing and it just kept coming! The Experience: At Southern Oaks they have seen it all and done it all. They know what works and they do an amazing job of being accommodating and gently guiding you towards the best possible wedding. Listen and take their advice, you won't regret it!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Hannah L

This venue was everything I could have dreamed of and more! They made everything so simple. The day flowed so well without any problems. The guests loved it! I am still told how good the food and drinks were! I would recommend this venue to anyone! They made our wedding day... Read More perfect!

Reviewed on 7/16/2016 Bailie G

Our wedding reception was here on Saturday June 11 and it was the most amazing experience! We booked 18 months ago and from the beginning everything was perfect! It was literally the fairy tale wedding every girl dreams of! The owners and their daughter Stacey were amazing from... Read More start to end as well as everyone on their staff! All of our guests raved about the food and service and have nothing but positive things to say about Southern Oaks. You definetly get what you pay for and so much more! I'd recommend them to anyone! Thank you to everyone there for giving us the best reception possible!

Reviewed on 6/22/2016 Emily W

We had our wedding here on May 21, 2016 and it was the most amazing, romantic, magical experience ever! I highly recommend this venue if you are thinking about doing a destination wedding in NOLA. I'm from Seattle and had absolutely no problem getting in touch with staff via... Read More email with my random wedding questions. The owner was so nice and took pictures of me before the ceremony and sent them to my email shortly after! The day of coordinators were so helpful throughout the day, I felt completely taken care of and put at ease in their hands. Our guests are still raving about how good the food and drink was at our wedding! The day of coordinators also make sure you get food and drink non-stop. The venue was absolutely breath-taking as well. I will never forget how beautiful our wedding day was and how happy we were on our special day. Every last dime was worth it and really made planning easier (with forgoing vendors like catering, DJ, etc.). This is a one stop shop for weddings in NOLA and I am so grateful for everything the staff did to make our day so special. They definitely know what they're doing! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE SOP!

Reviewed on 6/14/2016 Stephanie D

Simply Magical!! Southern Oaks was fabulous! The food is amazing and my wedding was more than I could have dreamed of! No one guest or precious couple has ever had a bad word to say about Southern Oaks.

Reviewed on 6/10/2016 Paige M

We just had our wedding reception here on Friday, May 27th 2016. I cannot even begin to express how magical it was. The staff goes way above and beyond to make your day extra special. You are being waited on hand and foot, no one leaves hungry, and the food is simply amazing.... Read More They are such wonderful, highly organized professionals and we were always told where and what the next steps were throughout the whole night. I HIGHLY recommend this place to everyone. 5 stars isn't even enough credit to give to this venue. I am still in awe of how amazing of an experience it was. My guests have all told us that our wedding blew all other weddings that they had attended out of the water... because of how spectacular the venue was!!!

Reviewed on 6/09/2016 Brittani S

I have only one word to describe our experience with Southern Oaks: PERFECT. From the time we met with Taylor for our very first tour, until the time we got into our getaway car, every single moment was beyond what I ever expected. Truly, no detail is overlooked. The staff is so... Read More kind, helpful, and knowledgable. Having our wedding at Southern Oaks meant a truly stress-free experience. They were on top of everything- from payment reminders, to reminders about changing the guest count, to doing a walk-through and going over every single detail of the night a few days before hand. The night of our wedding was flawless. Everything went so smoothly, and everything was just as I had pictured it and described it to the staff. Our attendants were so attentive without being intrusive. The DJ played the perfect music all night long. The food was SO GOOD. We still get compliments on it, months later. The private dinner for the two of us was wonderful. I highly suggest you and your groom do this! The staff kept everything flowing and everything was so perfectly timed out. We never once felt rushed throughout the night. I could go on and on about our experience but to sum it up, I would recommend this venue to anyone and everyone looking for the perfect New Orleans reception. It was truly an unforgettable, magical experience.

Reviewed on 5/02/2016 Carley Z

From the moment we stepped on the property to tour for the first time we knew this would be the place. Mr. Bobby, his family, and staff made us feel like we were the only bride and groom they were dealing with and made us feel like family. To say that we were taken care of is an... Read More understatement. I don't think there are words to describe the excellent caliber of service we received. The day of the wedding turned out to be one of the biggest rain storms of the season, and try as they might our outdoor ceremony was just not going to happen. Let me just say that I was blown away with the response and the quick change of plans to make it an inside ceremony and my goodness it was the most gorgeous thing ever!!! I honestly can say that when you decide on this venue you are in the best hands ever and you truly will not have to worry about a thing. My decorations were incorporated to their already stunning decor, the food was the best food I have ever eaten, and everything ran like a perfect production. A month later and my guests are STILL talking about how amazing it was!!! Get married here, you will be so glad that you did!

Southern Oaks Plantation