The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Southern Oaks Plantation combines the elegance of the Old South with modern Southern hospitality to make your wedding day a storybook experience. Located in New Orleans, Louisiana, the plantation features an antebellum mansion and spacious front lawn. Your choice of the following dream spaces can be yours.

During the daytime, your wedding will be framed in many shades of green by the lawn’s gorgeous live oak trees. During the nighttime, trees will glitter with twinkle lights above your heads. Stand on the plantation steps or in front of the splashing fountain as you say 'I do.' Southern Oaks Plantation will provide white lawn chairs for 300-plus guests.

A light, spacious room with wooden floors throughout and picture windows looking out onto a garden and pool, the ballroom makes a magnificent reception space. Candlelit centerpieces, fine linens and ambience lighting are provided by the plantation. The space accommodates 300-plus guests.

An intimate, softly colored space, the lounge offers your guests sofas on which to relax. Use of the lounge comes with the ballroom.

In addition to these spaces, powder rooms and photography rooms are also available for the use of the bridal party. Your wedding will include a menu of mouthwatering New Orleans cuisine. You choose from over 80 hors d’oeuvres and entrees. The plantation also offers a wide selection of wines and cocktails.

When you book your wedding at the Southern Oaks Plantation, you will be assigned a professional wedding coordinator to help customize your menu, decor and music. During your special day, personal attendants will be assigned to the bride and groom to ensure that all their needs are met.

The Southern Oaks Plantation is a popular wedding destination, so after the allotted time for your wedding, you should prepare to be gone with the wind. Ceremonies are allotted 30 minutes, plus one hour of preparation time. Receptions are allotted three hours. During those three hours, you and your guests will have exclusive access to the entire plantation. Additional reception time is available as an add-on feature.

Your wedding at Southern Oaks Plantation will come with a fleet of add-on features to ratchet up the magic.

• Victorian carriage drawn by a pair of pure white horses
  • New Orleans jazz band, complete with polished brass instruments and bright red livery
  • Fireworks presentation
  • Snowball stand, especially suited to delight children at your wedding
  • Photo booth with props and video capability
  • Sushi chef

Romance - Memories - Magic

Hidden behind its Antebellum façade,Southern Oaks Plantation is a unique, fresh, and surprisingly contemporary wedding venue. A quick stroll through the mansion’s immaculately decorated interior is all it takes to understand how thoroughly Southern Oaks embraces the wedding industry’s latest trends.

Backyard, Ballroom, Garden, Estate, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

7816 Hayne Boulevard, New Orleans, LA (504) 245-8221

Reviewed on 12/27/2016 Shelby R

Words cannot explain the amazing experience I had with SOP. My sister had her wedding here 16 years prior to mine and we knew based on the first experience we would be using Southern Oaks Plantation as my venue. The service is top notch. Everyone always has a smile on their face... Read More and wants nothing more than to make sure you are having the absolute best time. Bobby makes sure the night is EXACTLY how you want it and more. The owners of this venue put their heart and soul into making this the best experience and it shows. This venue has 5-star ratings for a reason! The food is out of this world and your guest leave with full stomachs! I am so happy I chose Southern Oaks Plantation and I hope you do the same!

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Amy A

The BEST wedding venue in New Orleans!! The food is outstanding, and the service is excellent. The staff is very friendly, and they were on top of everything. I had several guests tell me my wedding reception was the best they've ever been to! Our experience was truly... Read More MAGICAL.

Reviewed on 11/12/2016 Jocelyn L

Absolutely breathtaking! Every detail was taken into consideration by their staff; we were truly free to simply take everything in!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Meghan M

Our experience with Southern Oaks was phenomenal. During our first visit, they really blew us away from the get-go. We were immediately impressed by the wonderful classic look on the exterior, and the beautiful modern touches indoors. What really blew us away though, was the... Read More customer service. They took care of us in every way possible, from beginning to end. The ceremony and reception were perfectly executed, and frankly magical. I cannot tell you how many people told us it was a fairy tale wedding. Our guests are still talking about it almost one month later. Not only were the carriage, jazz band, fireworks perfect in every way, but the staff made it even more special. The owner was right there to cater to us at every turn, and the women who were there to support each side of the family paid attention to every single detail. The food was out of this world, and no one left hungry. I cannot express in words my gratitude to Southern Oaks for making our day so incredibly special.

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Zach W

We had a big wedding, big expectations and not the biggest budget. Southern Oaks no only delivered an amazing and incredibly unique experience but I truly doubt that anyone else could have done anything half as impressive. Everyone told us "Something always goes wrong with... Read More every wedding, so just be prepared for that." Not only did the wedding run flawlessly but Southern Oaks made it seem easy and fun. A few highlights The Staff: It didn't matter if you spoke to the owner, a bartender or a server, they were all so well trained that they took excellent care of us. Even my mothers sudden and unexpected food requests were handled impossibly quickly and seamlessly. The Food: Food in New Orleans is amazing, but the food we had that night is in the top 10. It was amazing and it just kept coming! The Experience: At Southern Oaks they have seen it all and done it all. They know what works and they do an amazing job of being accommodating and gently guiding you towards the best possible wedding. Listen and take their advice, you won't regret it!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Hannah L

This venue was everything I could have dreamed of and more! They made everything so simple. The day flowed so well without any problems. The guests loved it! I am still told how good the food and drinks were! I would recommend this venue to anyone! They made our wedding day... Read More perfect!

Reviewed on 7/16/2016 Bailie G

Our wedding reception was here on Saturday June 11 and it was the most amazing experience! We booked 18 months ago and from the beginning everything was perfect! It was literally the fairy tale wedding every girl dreams of! The owners and their daughter Stacey were amazing from... Read More start to end as well as everyone on their staff! All of our guests raved about the food and service and have nothing but positive things to say about Southern Oaks. You definetly get what you pay for and so much more! I'd recommend them to anyone! Thank you to everyone there for giving us the best reception possible!

Reviewed on 6/22/2016 Emily W

We had our wedding here on May 21, 2016 and it was the most amazing, romantic, magical experience ever! I highly recommend this venue if you are thinking about doing a destination wedding in NOLA. I'm from Seattle and had absolutely no problem getting in touch with staff via... Read More email with my random wedding questions. The owner was so nice and took pictures of me before the ceremony and sent them to my email shortly after! The day of coordinators were so helpful throughout the day, I felt completely taken care of and put at ease in their hands. Our guests are still raving about how good the food and drink was at our wedding! The day of coordinators also make sure you get food and drink non-stop. The venue was absolutely breath-taking as well. I will never forget how beautiful our wedding day was and how happy we were on our special day. Every last dime was worth it and really made planning easier (with forgoing vendors like catering, DJ, etc.). This is a one stop shop for weddings in NOLA and I am so grateful for everything the staff did to make our day so special. They definitely know what they're doing! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE SOP!

Reviewed on 6/14/2016 Stephanie D

Simply Magical!! Southern Oaks was fabulous! The food is amazing and my wedding was more than I could have dreamed of! No one guest or precious couple has ever had a bad word to say about Southern Oaks.

Reviewed on 6/10/2016 Paige M

We just had our wedding reception here on Friday, May 27th 2016. I cannot even begin to express how magical it was. The staff goes way above and beyond to make your day extra special. You are being waited on hand and foot, no one leaves hungry, and the food is simply amazing.... Read More They are such wonderful, highly organized professionals and we were always told where and what the next steps were throughout the whole night. I HIGHLY recommend this place to everyone. 5 stars isn't even enough credit to give to this venue. I am still in awe of how amazing of an experience it was. My guests have all told us that our wedding blew all other weddings that they had attended out of the water... because of how spectacular the venue was!!!

Reviewed on 6/09/2016 Brittani S

I have only one word to describe our experience with Southern Oaks: PERFECT. From the time we met with Taylor for our very first tour, until the time we got into our getaway car, every single moment was beyond what I ever expected. Truly, no detail is overlooked. The staff is so... Read More kind, helpful, and knowledgable. Having our wedding at Southern Oaks meant a truly stress-free experience. They were on top of everything- from payment reminders, to reminders about changing the guest count, to doing a walk-through and going over every single detail of the night a few days before hand. The night of our wedding was flawless. Everything went so smoothly, and everything was just as I had pictured it and described it to the staff. Our attendants were so attentive without being intrusive. The DJ played the perfect music all night long. The food was SO GOOD. We still get compliments on it, months later. The private dinner for the two of us was wonderful. I highly suggest you and your groom do this! The staff kept everything flowing and everything was so perfectly timed out. We never once felt rushed throughout the night. I could go on and on about our experience but to sum it up, I would recommend this venue to anyone and everyone looking for the perfect New Orleans reception. It was truly an unforgettable, magical experience.

Reviewed on 5/02/2016 Carley Z

From the moment we stepped on the property to tour for the first time we knew this would be the place. Mr. Bobby, his family, and staff made us feel like we were the only bride and groom they were dealing with and made us feel like family. To say that we were taken care of is an... Read More understatement. I don't think there are words to describe the excellent caliber of service we received. The day of the wedding turned out to be one of the biggest rain storms of the season, and try as they might our outdoor ceremony was just not going to happen. Let me just say that I was blown away with the response and the quick change of plans to make it an inside ceremony and my goodness it was the most gorgeous thing ever!!! I honestly can say that when you decide on this venue you are in the best hands ever and you truly will not have to worry about a thing. My decorations were incorporated to their already stunning decor, the food was the best food I have ever eaten, and everything ran like a perfect production. A month later and my guests are STILL talking about how amazing it was!!! Get married here, you will be so glad that you did!

Reviewed on 4/28/2016 Kelley H

My husband and I got married at Southern Oaks Plantation in April and our wedding was absolutely perfect! The venue is stunning and far exceeded my expectations. As a destination bride I had several questions during the planning process and the staff was always extremely... Read More responsive and friendly. On the day of the wedding, the staff made sure everything went seamlessly. The food was incredible, the DJ kept everyone on the dance floor, the photo booth was constantly in use and the New Orleans jazz band was an exciting surprise for all of our guests. We had previously chosen not to add the horse and carriage enhancement however Bobby graciously offered us the Rolls Royce entrance free of charge right before the ceremony. Additionally, he provided complementary fireworks immediately following the ceremony which was such a fun surprise to both us and our guests! I am still in awe of the perfection of the night and the attention to detail that Southern Oaks puts into each one of their weddings. We are so grateful to have been married at Southern Oaks Plantation and will forever cherish the memories of that magical night!!

Reviewed on 2/12/2016 Kathryn F

Southern Oaks is absolute PERFECTION! My husband and I had a destination wedding here on January 2, 2016. To say we were blown away is an under statement. Every single detail was taken care of, the staff and Mr. Bobby think of every need and care. We were truly treated like... Read More royalty. Our guests LOVED the food and are still raving about what a fantastic night it was. We are so grateful for everyone at Southern Oaks. Hands down the BEST decision we made for our wedding. As a destination bride, they made my life so incredibly easy. They answered all my calls/emails/ so promptly and were always the nicest. Truly a blessing. If you are considering booking Southern Oaks, DO IT!

Reviewed on 1/10/2016 Jessica S

I was told multiple time that this was the most beautiful wedding people have ever seen. Our wedding was on a Friday night December 18,2015. SOP literally took care of almost everything which made planning a wedding so so easy! The venue is stunning, food amazing, and service... Read More impeccable!!

Reviewed on 12/28/2015

Words can't describe my wedding at Southern Oaks it was exquisite. On my wedding day it actually rained and we didn't know what to expect with the wedding having to be inside. We should have never questioned their ability. It was the most amazing experience of our lives. The... Read More food was exeptional and the service was a 12 of out 10. They are right there for you every step of the way and made everything hastle free. We didn't have to worry about a thing. We got all the enhancements the venu offers and they were fabulous. We are so happy we did the whole nine yards because I honestly can't tell you how breathtaking and top notch it all was the moment we arrived on the property. It was elegant and just beautiful. My pictures turned out so good and the memories will last us a life time. Bobby Asaro and Sue have a wonderful business and know what they are doing!! You should without a doubt choose Southern Oaks Plantation if you want a perfect wedding day!!!!!

Reviewed on 12/04/2015 Kristen D

I can't say enough how absolutely amazing this venue is!!!! My Husband and I got married here in November of 2015 on a very rainy Saturday! I know that rain is every Brides worst fear, but the staff at Southern Oaks went above and beyond to make our wedding perfect!!!! From... Read More standing in the rain to stop traffic for our buses, to coordinating a surprise firework show, Mr. Bobby and his staff went above and beyond for our special day! The indoor wedding was even more beautiful than I could have hoped for and in the end you would never have known we had planned on having an outdoor ceremony!!!! We got married with a million twinkle lights swaying behind us and it was magical! I also have to mention the phenomenal service this venue has, every one of my guests raved about how friendly and efficient all of the staff were! I personally can't thank our personal attendants enough, they made sure we were well fed, properly hydrated, and on time for everything! I didn't have to think about a single thing once we arrived! I know every one of the reviews on here raves about the food but it is far better than we can express, my guests loved every bite and still talk about how amazing it was! You could not hope for a better wedding venue! Thank you soo much for making my day perfect!

Reviewed on 9/11/2015

I was blessed enough to get married in July at Southern Oaks Plantation. From the moment that I found their website online, I knew that I had found "the one" where I wanted to host my wedding. As a corporate event planner, I never thought that I could truly be pleased with... Read More turning over the control to someone else for my big day, but I could NOT have been happier. Every single detail is executed flawlessly and professionally. The staff is truly THE BEST at what they do, and I feel incredibly honored to have been one of their brides. The best word to describe my day was magical -- I dreamed my entire life of a fairytale wedding, and SOP made those dreams a reality. I could never say one negative thing about my experience there, and I would highly recommend them to anyone. It is worth EVERY single penny, and I just wish that I could relive that day over and over again because it was absolutely perfect. The food was delicious (and so much of it that I wish I had another stomach to enjoy it), and literally all of my guests have raved about it. I have heard from countless people that my wedding was hands down the best that they ever attended, and that is because of the staff at Southern Oaks. Even Walt Disney could not have dreamed up a more magical, special place than the Asaro family has created.

Reviewed on 8/30/2015 Kamryn Y

We had our wedding at Southern Oaks Plantation in May 2015. It is hard to describe how great this venue is. They were with us from every step of the planning process (planning from across the country) leading up to the event, then they were unbelievable throughout the entire... Read More night of the wedding ceremony and reception. So many guests told us it was the best wedding they had ever been to - the beautiful setup in the front yard, the fireworks, the amazing food, and ambiance and lighting and setup inside. The dance floor was packed the entire night and our guests raved about the food! Could not be happier with how the night turned out - thank you so much southern oaks for everything!

Reviewed on 7/31/2015 Mary Beth E

WOW!!! We can’t tell you how much we were blown away this past weekend for our daughter’s wedding reception at Southern Oaks Plantation. Our family and guests can’t stop talking about how grand everything was from the horse and carriage to the fireworks and impeccable service... Read More with such great food!!! Everything was so beautiful!!! You really went above and beyond to make us and everyone feel so special!!! Everyone kept telling us they had never experienced anything like this. Many said that they felt like they had gone to a royal wedding. We are just so thankful we have such a place like Southern Oaks Plantation in Louisiana. My daughter said several times that this was the happiest day of her life and we couldn’t ask for anything more. Thanks again to you and your absolutely wonderful staff for making this truly a magical and spectacular event in our lives!!! Best, Mary Beth & David Elfert

Reviewed on 7/31/2015 Mary Beth E

Reviewed on 6/30/2015 Earlisha

Anthony and I cannot thank you enough for creating a wedding for us on June 27, 2015 that has exceeded our expectations and more. I could not have dreamt of a more beautiful wedding. Words truly cannot express how happy and pleased we were with the staff and presentation at... Read More Southern Oaks Plantation. You guys were wonderful and relieved me of any and all stress. Everyone was impressed and pleased with the elegance of the venue as well as the continuous delicious food and drinks. Lauren was so sweet and great, she made sure Anthony and I were well taken care of the entire night. Taylor is also great he helped out tremendously with the entire planning of my wedding. Hands down Southern Oaks Plantation is the best wedding venue in Louisiana. From the moment the pastor said you may kiss your bride, Your staff was on time and on point with my guests. When they were seated the food was waiting on them. My guest have bragged about Southern Oaks by word of mouth and through social media saying they had never been to a wedding this wonderfully put together before. I felt like a queen and truly the lady of the night when Lauren took my heels off and put my flats on. Mr. Bobby do you know pastors of churches don’t get treated this well with this type of hospitality, funny right? Surely, I am pleased to say once again I had my wedding at the best venue in Louisiana; Southern Oaks Plantation. I Give Southern Oaks Plantation a Strong 5 star Rating! Thank you all so much. You have made the wedding dreams for both my husband and I a reality! Keep up the extravagant work! Love Earlisha

Reviewed on 6/17/2015 Jason C

Where can we even begin about Southern Oaks Plantation? June 7, 2015 was the most amazing day of our lives. Mr. Bobby and the staff at Southern Oaks made us feel like royalty. Our wedding exceeded anything we could have ever imagined. From the sparkling ceremony, to the food... Read More (Praline Chicken...ohhhh myyyy!!!), to the reception Southern Oaks delivered A++ service. Our guests are still raving about the ambiance, food and how much fun they had. Mr. Bobby is one of the sweetest and most stylish men we've ever met. Everyone at Southern Oaks is top notch. We appreciate the care they took in helping us plan our day and blessing us with their kindness and attentiveness while we were there. This place far exceeds the monetary value. Thank you to the Southern Oaks staff for making the beginning to our life long journey simply wonderful! -Mr. & Mrs. Jason J. Clark

Straight out of a fairytale!

Reviewed on 6/16/2015 Heather K

I couldn't be more happy with Southern Oaks Plantation. You know when you dream of the perfect wedding as a little girl? Well, I ended up with an even better wedding than I had dreamed. Friends are now upset that they can't get married, because no one will come close to having a... Read More wedding as spectacular as this! The service is impeccable, and there is not a thing I would change. You would be crazy not to choose this venue, especially if you dream of a Cinderella wedding.

Reviewed on 6/10/2015 Paige C

The journey for the perfect wedding venue was quite a challenge- UNTIL one day I walked into the doors of Southern Oaks! Greeted by Mr. Bobby, then a tour of the plantation and grounds- I knew it was a done deal! I cannot begin to explain how truly amazing every aspect of my... Read More wedding was at Southern Oaks. From the very early stages of the planning process- the many questions, Southern Oaks always responded in a prompt, easy manner. They were always there. I also choose to take bridal portraits at the plantation, and that is truly a day I will never forget! Greeted at the door with mimosas- and Mr. Bobby surprising me with some snapshots with Magic and Majestic! Wow! Truly top notch. The wedding day was simply amazing! My ceremony, and reception were beautiful. It rained majority of the day, but Southern Oaks never missed a beat. We rolled in the carriage, the sky opened up, and the ambiance that surrounded Southern Oaks on this night was again simply amazing. I cannot thank Mr. Bobby and the staff at Southern Oaks enough. After the ceremony completed, Mr. Bobby started the celebration with surprise fireworks! Wow! The jazz band played, fireworks sounded, and the new Mr. and Mrs. watched on while being escorted in the carriage- all surrounded by the ones we love the most. It was truly magicial. The reception was also top notch. My guest raved over the food, and exceptional service. Never a line at the bar, and food always right there. Multiple guests told my husband and I, " That was the best wedding they had ever been to, and the most fun to!" Southern Oaks does not miss a single detail, they are there every step of the day to ensure a perfect day! Again, Southern Oaks is SIMPLY THE BEST! Special thank yous again to Mr. Bobby, Stacy, Taylor, and Kim- exceptional is just not the word! Simply the BEST!

Southern Oaks Plantation