Cakes + Desserts

13258 Northline Rd, Southgate, MI (734) 284-5350

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Caitlyn G

I sent an email to them and still hadn't received a response 3 days later so I gave them a call. On the phone I started to tell the man what we were looking for and he says "Yeah! I got your email!" So I said, "Yeah, that's me! I hadn't received a response so I thought I'd... Read More call." He very rudely says "Because we're busy!" Well DUH! But a one sentence response email stating that you would like me to call or stop in takes less than a minute to write. And you wonder why I call--because I had no idea you had ever received my email! Then I ask if I should make an appointment and they just brush me off and tell me to come in during their opening hours. If you don't have time to respond to my email or to talk to me on the phone, why would I just drop in? Who knows if you will have time for me then and I'm not going to waste my time to be ignored! No thank you. I'll be spending my $500 + elsewhere and putting the most important day of my life in the hands of someone a bit more polite. It's really a shame because I have heard good things about their cakes, I just wish my customer service experience could have been a bit more pleasant.

Amazing Cake

Reviewed on 12/24/2015 Melissa M

I went to a lot of different places for cake tasting and this one was the best. Their cake was delicious, I could design it how I wanted it, they delivered everything and it looked wonderful, and it was a great price. Please, if you want a good cake go to Southgate bakery.... Read More You will not regret it. We also get an anniversary cake at our one year!! Great place with great quality and service.

Pretty and yummy

Reviewed on 8/04/2014 Kimberly A

The cake was beautiful and it tasted great. The grooms cake was alright too. I thought they were nice and very professional. They are even going to make us a 1year cake so I am very excited about that.

Great!

Reviewed on 11/08/2013 Sara

They were very accomodating with what we wanted. Their prices are competitive and the cakes taste amazing! We really wanted part of the cake to be pistachio and found many bakeries wouldn't do that, it was too exotic. But Southgate Bakery said it was no problem and made only a... Read More 6" cake of pistachio (the top layer that we cut, and took with us on our honeymoon). All of the cake tasted great, not the typical dry wedding cake. Guests loved it! And you get a free 6" cake on your 1 year anniversary, you just have to call them a week in advance to order the anniversary cake! The cake didn't look quite as fancy as the original picture we gave them of what we wanted, but it still looked really nice and I'd rather have it taste good and look good than have it taste bad and look great. I would definitely recommend them! I'll be getting all of our birthday cakes, etc... from them from now on!

Beautiul, but...

Reviewed on 10/05/2013 Alicia M

The cake was beautiful and delicious. The staff was fantastic at coordinating with us. The price was great. And they did a great job at capturing my vision from the myriad of inspiration photos I showed them. But one of the only things had firmly picked about the design was... Read More done wrong. I wanted a hexagon shape but with the tiers staggered so that no side of it was completely flat, or all corners. They didn't stagger them. Otherwise was beautiful, captured the lace of my dress, or color scheme, and our beach themes perfectly. And like I said, it was delicious! Highly recommend them, but I should have double checked that they were clear about what I wanted.

Very Flexible

Reviewed on 5/27/2013 April S

I changed my mind on my cake design less than a week in advance and they were very pleasant about that. I know a lot of places would give attitude but they were totally fine with it. From the little piece of cake I had the next day, it tasted great. The design was dead on... Read More what I wanted and was absolutely beautiful!

Excellent!

Reviewed on 4/29/2013 Megan E

Our wedding cake was amazing! Exactly what we were looking for and just the way I imagined it. The detailing was amazing and the cake tasted so fresh and amazing!

Delicious!

Reviewed on 10/15/2012 rebecca G

We had a 3 tier cake with different flavors and fillings. The cake was moist and delicious. We received lots of compliments! The cake tasting was unbelieveable and made it hard to choose because they were all so delicious!!!

good prices, not worth the cake

Reviewed on 4/08/2012 Mary-Ellen S

i thought this would be the best choice based on the specials and the great price, but once we tasted the cake we knew why it was a "better" value, the cake was awful. Make sure you sample these cakes first!!!!

My dad's gift to us for the wedding

Reviewed on 11/18/2011 Lindsay L

One of my dad's gift to us for our wedding was our cake and the owner of the bakery really made it special for us. The frosting was almost spot on and our cake toppers looked so cute with it. The flavors were amazing and the cake stayed fresh for a week after. Plus, they send... Read More you a fresh 1 yr anniversary cake free :) http://lnemeth.photobiz.com/cart/gallery.cfm?galleryID=1091535

Southgate Bakery

Reviewed on 10/14/2011 Kristen G

The most delicious cake for a very conservative price. Try the lemon it was our favorite :)

Yummy!!

Reviewed on 8/22/2011 Jennifer B

My wedding cake was perfect, just as I pictured it. They worked with me in my very hard to describe ideal of wedding cake. Price was amazing and the taste, well, try for yourself!

Amazing cake!

Reviewed on 7/04/2011 Meghan O

It was JUST as I described it to them! And it tasted amazing! Having a mother who is a cake fanatic..and her loving it, made it even better!

DELICIOUS and FABULOUS!

Reviewed on 5/12/2011 Kelley B

Our cake was amazingly wonderful! It turned out beautifully, and it tasted great!! Not to mention the baker was ridiculously fun and great to work with! And his price and flavor options were by far the best we came across--$2.50pp! Plus he's willing to do sheet cakes to help... Read More cut down on costs.

Wedding of my Dreams

Reviewed on 5/04/2011 Ashley M

LOVED the cake. I had 15 small cakes on the tables as center pieces. The cakes looked and tasted GREAT! Everyone LOVED the cake and they looked beautiful!

yum!

Reviewed on 9/23/2010 Anndrea G

They made exactly what I wanted and the cake was deliciouse! We had 4 flavors. I also had them make a surprise grooms cake and it turned out really cool. He loved it! I will definately go there again!

Lovely Cake

Reviewed on 9/07/2010 Ashley L

The cake tasted great and was beautiful. It was a very fair price.

Review for Southgate Bakery

Reviewed on 9/26/2007 Eboney B

I was able to send the bakery a picture of a design that I wanted on my cake and the bakery was able to reproduce it. The cake was excellent.

Review for Southgate Bakery

Reviewed on 8/28/2007 Megan H

First off, my husband and I do not really care for cake - so it wasn't that good to us. Everyone else seemed to really like it though. I loved the design - he nailed what I was looking for. VERY reasonably priced!