Digital and Film Photography

New from Atlanta to Nashville and currently offering discounted prices for Tennessee brides!! Professional groomsman and best man (17 times in total) turned wedding photographer. Whatever your dream is for your wedding, I promise to care as much about helping that come true as you do. If you feel connection with my work read the reviews and then check out Sowing Clover's website. :) www.sowingclover.com for more info and pricing // on Instagram as Sowing_Clover_Photo

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Film Photography, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

NASH / ATL ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ Destination (770) 367-9008

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Jesse L

We had a lot of wonderful vendors--but Chris was heads and shoulders above them all. He was incredibly responsive and knowledgeable. He offered ideas, suggestions, and feedback on our plans, but always tailored his approach to our needs. He was a pleasure to hang out with... Read More during the day itself. Guests, family members, the wedding party-- all felt comfortable and chummy with him. He and his second shooter were organized, creative, funny, and thorough. We all had fun-- and it shows in the pictures. Speaking of which--these pictures! They are wonderful! Beautiful portraiture, creative "candids" and action shots. We could not be happier with how they turned out; I actually can't stop flipping through them. Book Sowing Clover! Best decision you'll ever make.

Truly Awesome!

Reviewed on 1/26/2016 Kelly G

Chris was such an amazing photographer & overall great addition to our wedding. I cannot recommend him enough! Chris did our engagement pictures, my boudoir pictures and our wedding pictures and surpassed all expectations for each. First, his pictures are breathtaking. They are... Read More the perfect mix of artistic, beautiful and a documentary reflection of the day. He can capture fantastic candid shots mid-laugh but is also super creative with location/pose ideas for great shots. Second, he goes above and beyond! On my wedding day, he arrived at the venue before sunset just so he could capture a shot of the sunrise but then also gave some friends a ride home at the end of the night whose ride never came. And during our engagement shoot, he kayaked into the middle of a lake with his camera so he could get the shot. Third, he is so responsive, professional and kept me at ease throughout the whole process. Last but not least, he adds such a great energy to the day. My guests kept commenting about how awesome my photographer was. He was dancing up a storm right along with us while grabbing shots. He loves what he does and that shows in his work and his attitude during the whole process and the big day. Couldn't have asked for more!

2016-01-27T15:22:30 Response from the vendor

Kelly, :) Thank you and Dan so much for inviting me into y'all's lives over the past year and a half! Truly, I loved working with with you both and hearing your stories. I'm super excited about your pregnancy and soon to be little one!

Pure Joy!

Reviewed on 12/02/2015 Sarah S

Chris did an incredible job of capturing our day, start to finish, and his images truly tell our story with emotion, sincerity and a sense of humor to boot! As a former wedding photographer myself, and someone who still works in the wedding industry, photography was our #1... Read More priority from the beginning - and I firmly believe that it should be a priority for every couple. The quality of work that Chris produces is the best of the best, but he approaches his work with humility and grace. The images he made for us are such gifts, and the way that he documents an event truly reflects his passion for what he does. Chris loves weddings, and that is a quality that not every wedding photographer can claim. He also will still shoot on honest-to-goodness film if you request it, which just gives his photos yet another dimension of gorgeousness! Throughout the planning phases and the wedding day, Chris and his assistant were professional and fun to be around - they made the portrait sessions (which we were NOT super excited for...I much prefer to be behind the camera rather than in front of it!) a breeze, and they just fit right into the day seamlessly. No crazy pop-up photographers ruining special moments just to get the shot - of course, they did a pretty fantastic job of getting every shot anyway. And their energy was super laid-back, which is exactly what we needed on a day full of nerves and butterflies! Chris WILL bust a move on the dance floor by the way, and get some super fun candids while he's at it. We are so happy that we hired Sowing Clover Photography for our wedding! They have blessed us beyond words.

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Miranda G

Chris of Sowing Clover Photography did an amazing job photographing our wedding. He caught every single moment from every angle, even when that meant running up and down flights of stairs. I honestly don't know how he did it. He was such a pleasure to work with (everyone loved... Read More him!) and the photos he delivered were phenomenal. He's got a keen eye for photography, using angles and shots that other standard photographers may not go for; but that pays off in personal-feeling photography that captures the joy and emotion of the event. We couldn't have asked for anything more. If you're looking for a wedding photographer, look no further. Go with Sowing Clover Photography - you will not regret it!

Reviewed on 9/01/2017 Lindsay W

LOOK NO FURTHER! Chris is your guy! This man is a miracle worker and a blast to work with. He is truly gifted and was born for this! My favorite part is he will be there with you from the beginning of the day to the absolute end. NO TIME LIMIT! I've never been more... Read More comfortable with someone photographing me. It is usually awkward and no one knows what to say or do, but he is so easy to work with! Things flowed effortlessly really. You also forget how many places this one person has to be, but he was there ready with his camera for every moment. He truly has an artist's eye and will capture beautiful things you would've never even thought of or dreamed of. His pictures are true works of art that we plan to hang on our walls. We will enjoy these pictures for a lifetime. Believe me, he's a professional, and he's your guy.

Reviewed on 9/01/2017 Betsy L

Chris was great! So delightful to work with and a genuinely fun person to have at our wedding events. The pictures were beautiful. He captured the emotions so well and gave us such great memories of such a special day. Don't think twice -- hire him! You won't regret it.

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Kate G

Chris from Sowing Clover was amazing! He was extremely professional and a joy to work with. Part of achieving beautiful photographs is the ability to put the subjects at ease and then represent the true emotions that the subjects are feeling. Chris captured every moment from... Read More getting ready before the wedding to the very end of the reception. Our guests, friends and family all loved working with him and the wedding coordinators thought he was very gifted in his coverage of the wedding. Some of the pictures were beautiful, some were whimsical and others were passionate. He truly captured the love between the couple and the joyfulness of the event. All in all I couldn't ask for a better photographer. Thanks Chris!

Reviewed on 4/10/2017 Kara P

You may not realize it, but your photographer is with you more than anyone else you hire for your wedding day; if you want your day to be even more fun and joyful, hire a photographer who is not only talented but also personable. You will definitely find both in Chris; he is... Read More such a wonderful person that you will have to laugh and smile at his enthusiasm--which makes for natural photos. One of the reasons I met with Chris initially was because of his photo package; he was the only photographer I had found who did not put a price on time. Most photographers offered 7 hour packages or upgrades to 9 hour packages, etc. Chris simply asked me when I would be getting ready and showed up early to scout out the house for good lighting. He truly wants to capture the best moments of the day, so he was willing to work an extra long day to document the entirety of the experience. Throughout the day, he was constantly finding opportunities to get a good shot. For example, we had some downtime before the ceremony to go to the restroom and touch up, so Chris offered to take some portraits of my best friend and her husband who had recently been married. There are so many amazing photos above and beyond what I requested. Most importantly, I love how my photos turned out. They tell the story of the day just as I wanted to remember it. If you have already scoped out other photographers and are on the edge about your decision, ask Chris to give you a call (I had already met with another perfectly nice photographer before Chris but was feeling unsure--even over Skype I could tell that Chris was the right choice.) You will be glad that you did.

Reviewed on 4/03/2017 Morgan O

BOOK CHRIS NOW. My husband and I spent so much time looking for the photographer of our dream...and let me tell you, we found him. Other than your husband/bride to be, you spend more time with your wedding photographer on your wedding day than anyone else. We met Chris for some... Read More drinks to get a good feeling of how well we would work together. We talked for hours and eventually forgot we were even there to talk about photography. Not only did we meet the photographer of our dreams but also made a great friend. We got married in Atlanta on January 7th...yes the weekend of snowpocalypse 2.0. Chris came a day early to ensure he was there and was extremely flexible even with the ever changing forecast of Atlanta weather. He called me a couple time just to make sure I was doing okay and to see what he could do to help. What other photographer would do such a thing!? Our pictures look absolutely stunning. Sometimes I forget they are from my own wedding because they are so beautiful. I cannot tell you how many people have told us our photographs look like they are out of a magazine. There are many people who can take nice pictures, but there are very few people who have the ability to encapsulate your unique personality and the love between you and your spouse like Chris; that is truly a gift. His quality, passion, and creativity are unparalleled. My husband and I both give him our highest recommendations. He's absolutely incredible!!

Reviewed on 1/19/2017 Evanna G

I wish there were words that have yet to be spoken to describe what a unique and enjoyable experience it was to have Chris as our photographer. Upon meeting him I could tell he has never met a stranger. He enhanced our day by showing genuine interest in us and our guests. As a... Read More result, the images that were captured that day were not only beautiful but so meaningful to me and my husband as we reflected on our wedding. Trust that he will do whatever necessary to photograph all the important moments as well as capture the small things that you never realized were important until you see them. We are so grateful to have found him!

Reviewed on 12/16/2016 Mat G

I can not describe how pleased we were with Chris! He went above and beyond the whole day! We had a destination wedding in Gatlinburg, TN so we were not familar with the area. Chris went out the day before and scouted the area for the perfect spots. I am not the biggest fan of... Read More getting my picture taken but he made it easy and fun. Thank you Chris for being you and helping to add our special day!

Reviewed on 12/16/2016 Mat G

Reviewed on 12/11/2016 Katie B

Chris was absolutely wonderful and the pictures were stunning!

Reviewed on 12/09/2016 Amelia A

Sowing Clover Photography from day one was amazing. When I decided I wanted to use them I emailed Chris right away. We met on Facetime and it was like I had known Chris forever. He asked all about my wedding plans and also just got to know me (what I liked to do and my... Read More interests). We kept in touch throughout my engagement and on my wedding day Chris was awesome. He was on time and checked out the place before it all started. Chris was very interactive with everyone in the wedding party and made us all feel comfortable. At the reception Chris was so fun. He was dancing with us all and having a good time. The outcome of all the pictures were incredible and more beautiful than I ever imagined them to be! Sowing Clover is wonderful and I am so glad I used him to capture the best day ever.

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Jonathon S

Chris did an amazing job at our wedding! We used him as photographer for both our engagement session and wedding day. He really captured all of the special moments of our wedding and is very comfortable to work with. You can tell he puts a lot of time and effort into editing... Read More all of the photos. We loved all of the photos we received and have gotten a lot of good comments from our friends and family about how wonderful the pictures are.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Melanie D

We are so glad we used Chris/Sowing Clover for our engagement pictures and wedding! He made us feel completely comfortable and made taking pictures fun and easy! He's very creative and knows how to use the location to his/your advantage to create beautiful pictures! He's... Read More personable and open to your ideas. I'd definitely recommend him to anyone getting married.

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Emily M

Chris is amazing!!! So easy to work with and his photos are stunning. I am so glad I choose to use him as my photographer. This was my top thing I wanted done well and knew that I was in great hands and didn't have to stress at all. Thank you Chris they are perfect!!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Jane R

Chris with Sowing Clover was an amazing photographer for our wedding day! He was wonderful to work with from the beginning of our contract through receiving our beautiful photographs. He absolutely captured the essence of the wedding day through his lens! He was professional,... Read More sensitive, thorough and delightful to be with as he "shot" so many expected and unexpected moments during the day! We could not be more pleased with the quality and the beauty of the photos. We had a second shooter as well, and she was amazing, too. Sowing Clover is highly recommended.

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Laura P

Chris was our photography soulmate! The first time we met him, we felt like we had known him for a lifetime. His incredibly warm, calm personality makes him so easy to be around. A genuine sweetheart! Chris' photography is simply gorgeous. He has an impeccable way of creating... Read More original shots with artistic flair, and catching the light just right. Most importantly, he is sincerely passionate about his work. I tend to feel very awkward during photoshoots, but Chris gave great direction and even came up with fun little games to keep our emotions organic throughout the day. Chris truly is a fun-loving, kindhearted person - exactly the type of person you want to be around on your wedding day. We cannot recommend him highly enough!! ♥, Laura & Charlie

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Rebecca B

Chris is a beast! If anyone wants a prompt responder, gives honest responses, and makes sure everything the couple wants is captures! From meeting him well over a year before our wedding, all the way to today, I can say this guy is here to stay in our future endeavors in front... Read More of the lens. He makes you feel completely at ease - cracking jokes and directing you into perfect positions, etc. We hired him to do it all for us! The engagement party, the wedding, and soon, our christmas shoot! Chris came to our engagement party and blended in with ease in our dual culture event. He tasted our traditional cuisine, made small talk, and still managed to capture amazing shots! At our wedding, he made sure to get all my necessary pictures without putting too much pressure on anyone! He didn't even flinch when our eastern european guests, I'm sure, spoke a little too loudly! He came early and left late. Time didn't seem to matter at all to him! As for the future, I cannot wait to see him and work again! We are so excited to have found Chris and introduce him to our insanely hectic lives for a few hours of blissful pictures! (at least that's what he makes them seem like in his amazing pictures). He goes above and beyond and we cannot wait to work with him again! Did I mention he is a beast?!

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Natalie B

Chris did a wonderful job photographing our wedding! He got some very unique, creative, and artistic shots, as well as all the traditional photos. Some of the pictures look like they belong in a bridal magazine! Very elegant and classy. I highly recommend Sowing Clover!

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Amanda B

Sowing Clover Photography was the best vendor at our wedding! Chris brought in a friend of his and the two of them made photo magic. We have over 1,100 photos from our wedding and each one is beautifully shot and edited. You can tell Sowing Clover puts a lot of pride and effort... Read More into their work. They were easy to work with, well-priced, and made the day of so easy. By the end of the wedding, we felt like we had made such good friends with the photographers, that our guests were inviting them to join the dance floor! Great photographers, professional, fun, and we love every photo. Thank you, guys!

2016-09-06T21:07:34 Response from the vendor

Awe, Thanks Amanda! It really was an honor to be with y'all on your wedding day. Your friend's and your dad's speeches spoke to the true quality of who you and Mark are as well as to the humble commitment y'all made to each other!... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/05/2016 Emily D

Chris is an artist! We (and everyone we know) were blown away by the beauty, quality, and perspective of the photos he took of our wedding day. Can't tell you how many compliments we've gotten on how gorgeous and bright and unique our wedding photos are. First of all, he... Read More was available ALL DAY (8am-midnight) at no extra cost. We were so grateful to have photos of the wedding morning activities! In addition, he made an effort to come to our rehearsal the night before to get to know the space and faces, which made the wedding day go more smoothly. Second, he did a phenomenal job of capturing all of the special moments of the day, with minimal forced posing. How he manages to get so many great natural/candid photos beats me, especially given how short our window of sunlight was after the ceremony! Looking at our photos for the first time was truly like reliving the best day of our lives in its entirety. Third, having Chris around was super comfortable. He's very easy-going and fit right in with our family and friends. He even stuck around for the afterparty and came to breakfast the morning after! Many guests commented on how friendly and fun our photographer was. If you're looking for a bunch of standard, posed, run-of-the-mill wedding photos, Chris might not be for you. But if you're looking for raw creative talent, and wedding photos that belong in a magazine, book Chris and I promise you won't be disappointed.

Everything you want in a photographer!

Reviewed on 1/31/2016 Nevena U

We hired Chris to be our photographer for our wedding day. Chris is an amazing photographer. He is incredibly talented and also an amazing human being. He makes everything easy. His photos are beautiful. He has a great eye and goes above and beyond because he loves what he does.... Read More We were incredibly happy with our photos! Beside his great photography skills, he also has an AMAZING personality. This is totally what you want out of a photographer on a day as crazy as your wedding. He makes you feel super comfortable, works with your desires, rolls with things that come up, and is just a genuinely great human being. It makes all the difference. I would highly recommend Sowing Clover for your special day!!!!!

Perfect photographer for 2 grooms!

Reviewed on 1/06/2016 Robin B

Where do we even begin?! My partner and I emailed Chris after an exhaustive search for someone to photograph our same-sex marriage (which was a big deal since it was in Georgia). We were so happy to receive such a positive and warm response from Chris. After meeting with him and... Read More seeing his photographs, we knew we had found a perfect photographer for us. Throughout the last few months of planning our big day, Chris was in close contact with us, making himself available for any questions we had along the way. Chris did an outstanding job shooting our engagement session as well. Even going as far as finding a great venue based on our personalities and setting up a unique backdrop for several shots. Friend after friend kept asking us if he was going to be shooting our wedding too. His creative and outside-the-box thinking reemphasized our excitement about having Chris be our photographer. On the actual wedding day, Chris arrived early to scout out various scenes he wanted shoot later. He was there with us from the moment we were there to start setting up, to the moment we left for the evening. We had our wedding at Yarborough Mill on Halloween (think old barn, bluegrassy, LGBT wedding in NW Georgia). Chris went above and beyond adding extra lighting as needed and finding innovate ways to get the most artistic shots throughout the evening--proving that he was reliable and prepared for the job. He fit right in with all the guests as well, even making connections along the way. Our digital photos were received in a timely manner and we were thrilled to see all the amazing shots! Each photograph showcased his unique style in finding artistic ways to make every scene tell a story. And that was very important to us. The only issue we had was narrowing down our favorites! Needless to say, my partner and I highly, tremendously, and wholeheartedly recommend Chris (Sowing Clover Photography) if you are looking for a creative, open-minded, energetic, and remarkable individual to photograph your big day!

Christopher W Jones

I've been a groomsman 17 times - 7 of those as the best man. This is how much I love weddings, and was the foundation for my learning how they function and what brides dream about in a wedding. I care more about people than I do about business and can with integrity state that I promise if we work together you, your bridal party and guests will say, "Wow, where did you find your photographer?!" Visit my website for more on me and my work. www.sowingclover.com