Your Special Day! Just the way you imagined it!

With over 20 years experience, a love of music, and your complete satisfaction, we'll professionally coordinate your evening with all parties involved! Let us worry about the details, so you don't have to! A wonderful night of dancing, celebration, with family and friends! Just the way you imagined

Classical, Country, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Arabic, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Persian, World Music

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

9899 Springborn, Serving All Of Michigan, MI Serving All Of Michigan (586) 727-8376

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Erica S

DJ Brian Hood did an amazing job! Everyone came up to us at the end of the reception saying that our wedding was the most fun of any they had ever been to, and it was totally thanks to DJ Brian. Our meetings with him prior to the event were incredibly helpful. He asked us a... Read More ton of questions we hadn’t even thought of, and we felt very comfortable that everything was covered on the big day. He accommodated any special requests that we had – I’ll admit I’m kind of picky when it comes to song choice and the general flow of the evening, and he completely knocked it out of the park! He also added some of his own fun ideas, like the “special moments dance” that he cleared with us beforehand, that really made the night memorable for us and all of our guests. DJ Brian is a natural! The dance floor was full the entire night. Almost all of our guests were out there dancing and singing along to every song until the very end, when we had to close down at 1am. I would recommend him to absolutely anyone looking for a DJ for their wedding or other special event. Thank you so much, DJ Brian!

FANTASTIC!!!

Reviewed on 6/09/2015

Not only is Brian an amazing DJ, he is an amazing entertainer! He is very personable and professional! An expert in his trade! We were so happy with our decision for our wedding day! He kept everything running smoothly and the dance floor was packed the WHOLE night! He played... Read More something for everyone! He has an awesome voice and did a wonderful tribute to my husband and I, along with all of our guests singing along! He and his wife arrived hours before our wedding and stayed for hours after. They made a beautiful lighted monogram, along with up-lighting to match our colors. The hall looked fabulous! They worked so hard to make everything absolutely perfect, which it was. If you want a fun, memorable, and not to mention affordable DJ, I would definitely recommend Special Moments Entertainment!

THE BEST DJ EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 2/23/2015 Jaclyn W

Before you read this review about the BEST DJ EVER, you need to know a few things about me: (1.) Special Moments Entertainment/DJ Brian Hood played at my brother’s wedding in the fall, so I’ve seen Brian in action twice. As soon as I heard him play at my brother’s wedding, I... Read More knew we had to book him ASAP. I couldn’t have been as happy with any other DJ. (2.) The crowd LOVES him. Multiple guests at both my brother’s wedding & my wedding commented on how great the DJ was. Grandparents, parents, aunts/uncles, young folks alike loved his choice of music, & I don’t even think anyone thought to make a request (though of course you can) because his song selection is just so great. Great mixture of classic hits that get everyone moving & more contemporary stuff that really kick the wedding up another notch for all the younger folks in attendance. I have guests who have totally different musical tastes than me who commented on the music selection & how universally great it was. Since I had heard Brian play at my brother’s wedding, I gave him some recommendations of songs that were my favorites but largely gave him the choice to pick out music since I trusted him & knew he would have the best idea of what would be wedding music that would keep everyone dancing. (3.) He’s so much more than just a DJ. He is an awesome MC who totally works the room and gets everyone, the guests & the bridal party, amped up for the night. I had some pretty significant last minute crazy changes, & he didn’t get flustered at all. Just took care of it without a problem. He is also a performer with an incredible voice. I first found this out when Brian sang a 1960s classic at my brother’s wedding & I didn’t even know it was a live singer – I thought it was the recording. His voice is so incredible that a lot of people have to do a double take before they realize that it’s not a recording but an actual person singing. I have heard this independently from MULTIPLE guests how shocked & pleasantly surprised & impressed they were to see him up there singing! (4.) I’m terrible at planning events, but not only was Brian incredibly patient helping me plan the timeline for the entire night of my wedding, he was pleasant, kind, & humorous. He really took the time to get to know me through our phone conversations. He is VERY experienced & is literally an expert at helping plan the timeline for the wedding night & thought of details that hadn’t even occurred to me. I went into our phone call not really having any idea about the timing for the grand entrance, cake cutting, toasts, etc. & left the phone conversation feeling confident & in the know. It helped me relax esp. since I was planning from out-of-state & helped the night flow smoothly from event to event. (5.) His price is incredibly reasonable. With the benefit of hindsight & seeing him kick butt at two different weddings, quite honestly I would have paid an extra 50% of what he charges. HE IS WORTH EVERY PENNY, & I’m shocked he’s still so affordable. (6.) I literally was able to relax because I knew that he just does such a fantastic job at weddings. I knew our wedding was in good hands & that there was no question that people were going to have an incredible time. And we did. The dance floor was moving the entire night. Brian was enthusiastic and really helped set the mood. It was one of the one of the best nights of my life, and I have Brian to thank! So do yourself a favor and hire him!!!!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Sarah T

Brian was awesome !! Hands down best DJ! He did everything we asked him to do no problem at all. He is amazing with communication always getting back to us ASAP. His wife is so nice to helping us out and making sure our day was absolutely perfect. My husband wanted our entrance... Read More to be epic and gave him some songs and he put the songs together no problem and made it sound so perfect and smooth! I highly recommend brian for your day!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Derek S

DJ Brian Hood was fantastic! He responded to emails quickly, and was very thorough in his details! I love music, and he incorporated different songs in our ceremony, and played our requests at the reception. We have zero complaints, and everything turned out perfectly (no issues... Read More with sound or anything!) He is a natural at what he does, and easily got people on the dance floor throughout the night. His wife was also very helpful and sweet, she offered to get us drinks and appetizers before our grand entrance which was very much appreciated. We will recommend Special Moments Entertainment to our family and friends planning a wedding!

2017-07-18T14:54:08 Response from the vendor

Thank you Derek & Brittney, for letting us be a part of your big day at the beautiful Waldenwoods Resort and Conference Center! It was our honor and pleasure entertaining for your guests! Congratulations again! All the best!

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Sarah S

Brian was excellent! The dance floor was full all night! We had the best time!

2017-06-25T09:46:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you Sarah & Matt! It was our honor and pleasure to be your entertainment on your big day! All the best!

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Silvia V

We couldn’t have asked for a better DJ than Brian (and his wife) from Special Moments Entertainment. We wanted someone who was affordable and who would take care of the flow of the reception...Brian was definitely our guy! During our first appointment, he ran through all the... Read More details- from how he would introduce us, the organization of the night, and even the lighting! We felt we were truly there! My husband is Caucasian and I am Mexican, so I wanted music in Spanish. He was open to me sending him music and he included it in the list of songs. It was truly a great night! I was worried people would not dance because of the mixture of songs, but I was pleased when everyone danced up until the last song! I loved, loved, loved the special moments dance where everyone gathered around us as we danced and Brian sang and encouraged everyone to sing as well. I would definitely recommend Brian for your special night.

Reviewed on 6/18/2017 Amber G

He was amazing!!!! He did a great job of ensuring conflicts were resolved and also that more didn't occur. He did a great music selection! He was awesome!!! The whole reception was great! Also he was great when the AC went out. I heard no complaints from him!!!

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Jenna G

If I could give special moments entertainment a rate higher than five stars I would ! Brian was perfect, the music was awesome it was very appropriate for the crowd it was very tasteful. I had the time of my life! It really is true that the DJ is definitely a center vendor in... Read More the wedding and if you don't have a good DJ a lot of things can go wrong. Special moments entertainment is so professional and they definitely know to how to put on a good party and to make it one of the most special lights of your life, so thank you again so much!!!!

Reviewed on 5/21/2017 Evan H

Brian Hood is a phenomenal DJ. When I first met with Brian I did not know exactly how crucial a good MC is at a wedding ceremony. He was the glue that held our wedding reception together. There are so many moments that happen during a wedding reception that need to be organized... Read More and thought through, and he helped us with all of those at our meeting. He is kind, talented, and charismatic, he is basically exactly what you want in an MC and DJ. He knows how to read a crowd and how to keep choosing songs that keep the people dancing. I have already recommended Special Moments Entertainment to a few of my friends who are getting married soon. The next time I need to hire a DJ, the first person I call will be Special Moments Entertainment!

Reviewed on 5/10/2017 Shawna S

AMAZING!!! Brian did such a fantastic job the night of our wedding. I was kind of a particular bride with the way I wanted the night to go and he executed the it flawlessly! He really gets guests engaged and on the dance floor. One thing that I wasn't sure about when he... Read More brought it up to me was the "special moments dance." It just didn't sound like our style. But we decided to try it out and had him do it, and man I'm glad we did! It truly added a personal touch to the night for us and our guests. And his lighting...oh my goodness! LOVE!!! the colored up lighting just really transforms a room and his dance floor lighting keeps the energy up. We were so happy at the end of the night and didn't want it to end!

Reviewed on 4/29/2017 Danielle P

Stop looking for a DJ right now and call Special Moments. I'm serious. We met with the big DJ companies-where you talk with a salesperson and make your DJ choice based off their online videos. We met with independent DJ's who tried to upsell us with video slideshows, or... Read More insisted our dance floor needed props to make our barn reception "fun". Then, we met Brian from Special Moments. He gave us a presentation on how he would emcee our reception and has a vast knowledge of music. There was no pressure to book, no trying to sell us glow sticks (that seriously happened with one DJ company), no pressure to pay for the highest package he offers. Brian has a really great energy, when you meet him, you will know what I'm talking about. Our wedding couldn't have run more smoothly or been as much fun without Brian. We had a barn wedding, with an outside ceremony and Brian ran our ceremony music. Everything was right on cue. Once the reception started, Brian kept the night moving according to our previously planned schedule - he played great music (he puts request cards out on the tables for the guests) and our dance floor was packed the whole night. He even sang a song to us and got all of our guests involved - it was wonderful! I can't say enough nice things about this company. My husband and I highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 2/23/2017 Heather L

Brian and his wife did an amazing job making sure we were happy and he kepts all our guest dancing, everyone loved him, i got many compliments on our dj! Our wedding turned out amazing and alot of that has to do with brain! Thanks for making out night special.

Reviewed on 2/01/2017 Kristen N

Absolutely amazing company! Very professional and on point 100%. We had zero worries during our very hectic day. They took care of our ceremony music and met with our pastor before hand to ensure everything ran as planned and smoothly, which it did! From there Brian moved on to... Read More being the best DJ/coordinator we could ask for! He kept the time schedule we originally talked about, he kept the flow of the night on point! He was an absolute blast to work with and played an extraordinary mix of music that everyone danced to none stop the entire night! We never once had an empty dance floor for 4 hours! Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 1/15/2017 Lindsey M

I can not say enough good things about DJ Brian! Right from the beginning he was very professional and pleasant to work with. Brian provided the music for our ceremony and also the entertainment for our reception. He was exceptional at both tasks. Not only did Brian keep the... Read More party going for us, he joined in with us...showing some of us amateurs how to "wobble"! :) Brian kept the night flowing absolutely flawlessly, and to a bride and groom their only hope is to have their most important night to run smoothly. He did a fantastic job at playing requests from his complimentary request cards and really making sure guests were happy! Brian has an endless song collection sure to please anyone and the up-lighting he provided really made you feel like it was time to celebrate! Brian always returned phone calls or texts and was quick to put any concerns at rest. At the final sit down before the wedding, he did a phenomenal job at really listening to what we wanted and helped us to plan our nights events , which flowed perfectly! Oh, and did I mention, he can sing amazingly! Brian will be more than just your "DJ", he will be your wing man who is keeping everything running right on schedule, so that you are able to enjoy every "special moment" that happens and not worry about a thing! We will be contacting Brian for any DJ service that we may need in the future and we will definitely refer him to everyone! Thank you Brian for making our wedding night a true success!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Jessica P

Brian was great! Out of all the stress for the wedding the least stressful and most enjoyable was meeting with Brian to choose our music and songs. He is very experienced and knows how to entertain! We can't recommend him enough! Everybody at the wedding loved Brian too!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Emily K

Best DJ! Tons of experience and knows how to make the night go smoothly.

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Kelsi W

We could not have asked for a BETTER DJ!! We were first introduced to Brian and Special Moments through our photographer, Samantha Lee. From the moment we met him he was so sweet and nice we knew we had found our guy! He has literally dedicated his life to music and it shows in... Read More his business! From the planning stages to the day of, he was so helpful every step of the way. And he's so affordable! When it came to the day of the wedding he was the first vendor there and the last one to leave! He literally played every single one of our song requests (and there were a lot!). I was honestly overwhelmed by how many compliments I got from our wedding guests about Brian. Everyone was so beyond impressed with the music! He definitely isn't the type of DJ to just stand behind a booth and play music. He guided the entire room through one of the most fun evenings any of us had ever had. His Special Moments Dance was definitely a HIGHLIGHT!! Who knew he was such an amazing singer!! He even got out there and danced with us a couple of times! He literally allowed my husband and I to have the most magical night that was 100% worry free because we knew he was in control and we would not have had it any other way!!

Reviewed on 9/24/2016 Lauren O

Dj Brian was amazing! He made the night run smooth and had the dance floor packed at all times! We recommend him to anyone who asks!

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Samantha K

Love Brian!!! Dance floor was packed the entire night. He also did the music for our ceremony. I would highly recommend him but only if you want to have an amazing night. :)

Reviewed on 9/17/2016 Sam R

Brian was excellent! Even with the pouring rain and an outdoor wedding he was able to keep the event moving and keep everyone having a great time. He truly is a master of entertainment. From the planning process right thru the last dance he was very accommodating of what we... Read More wanted and took care of a lot more than just playing music which made our day even more enjoyable. Anyone can plug in a computer and play some music but it takes an expert to get everyone on the dance floor at a wedding and Brian is that expert. I'd recommend him to anyone!

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 stephen t

From the first ten minutes of our meeting with Brian we knew he was our guy. When we first started wedding planning we were overwhelmed, but after meeting with Brian we both felt so much better. He gave us so much advise and was very attentive to our needs. During our wedding he... Read More was great. Our guests loved him he was very interactive. Brian really knows how to get people on the dance floor. He kept our wedding on time and running smoth. We would highly recommend Special Moments Entertainment to all our friends and family!!!!

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 stephen t

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Samantha N

Brian was an absolutely wonderful DJ at our wedding! I am typically super picky when it comes to music but I loved that Brian played crowd friendly songs and made sure there were people on the dance floor the entire night! He took all of the guests requests into consideration... Read More while making sure he played the type of music my husband and I wanted. He also has such an amazing voice and all of the introductions and announcements during the reception sounded great! You could definitely tell Brian knew what he was doing. Great with getting back to all of my concerns and overall great to work with. Would highlyrecommend!!

Reviewed on 9/04/2016 Sara R

I would highly recommend Special Moments Entertainment for your wedding. My husband and I were referred to the company by our photographer and we are so happy we decided to book them for our wedding. From the first time I spoke with Brian, the owner and DJ, I could tell he was... Read More passionate about what does and it was extremely important to him that our wedding was perfect…and a perfect night is exactly what he delivered. We wouldn’t change a thing. Brian and his wife are so friendly and very easy to work with. He was happy to fulfill all our requests, was very helpful with our questions and had great advice/suggestions for how to do things. Obviously, planning a wedding is not something we do every day so it was great to speak with someone who has assisted in hundreds of weddings. Although along with his suggestions, he would always stress that it was our day and his number one priority was to make us happy. I can not say enough about Special Moments, but I think most importantly I should mention we had SO much fun at our wedding! My husband and I both wish our reception could have been longer because it was such a great time and we got so many compliments from our friends/family that they thought so too. It’s exactly what we wanted to hear afterwards and we have Brian to thank for that.

Brian Hood

Let me start of by saying, I' a passionate music lover! An entertainer, a professional vocalist, a musician starting in my teen years, graduating to playing in wedding bands, club bands, etc. I have been around music my whole life! My goal as I shifted to DJ for the last 20 years, has always been to try to bring my musical experience/knowledge of all types of music (from classics to the most current) to the party, to facilitate their night smoothly, and give that Bride/Groom an exciting, unique celebration with their family/friends and a night to remember with great lasting memories!