Your Special Day! Just the way you imagined it!

With over 20 years experience, a love of music, and your complete satisfaction, we'll professionally coordinate your evening with all parties involved! Let us worry about the details, so you don't have to! A wonderful night of dancing, celebration, with family and friends! Just the way you imagined

Arabic, Classical, Country, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Indian, Jazz, Klezmer, Latin, Persian, Pop, R&B, Rock, World Music

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100
824ddd67 fb0e 4a26 92a4 d4996b0d2b23~rs 100

9899 Springborn, Serving All Of Michigan, MI Serving All Of Michigan (586) 727-8376

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Kaitlin B

Special Moments Entertainment is THE BEST DJ EVER!! My husband and I could not be happier that we chose to hire Brian from Special Moments Entertainment for our wedding! If you are looking for a DJ for your wedding, stop now, look no further, and set up an appointment with... Read More Brian because you will not be disappointed. Many of our wedding guests are still telling us how much fun they had and how much they LOVED the music that was played at our wedding. Our wedding was held in a barn, and although my husband and I love country music, we know not everyone likes country. Brian played just the right mix to keep everyone out on the dance floor while also incorporating some our our favorite country songs! Brian is not only a DJ but is also your MC for the night...he is not one of those guys that just sits behind the DJ booth and plays music, he actually interacts with the crowd and keeps your guests informed about what is going on the entire night. We found Brian through the recommendation of our photographer, Samantha Lee Photography, because the two work together often. Brian is a true professional in his field. He is very knowledgeable not only about music but about many aspects of wedding planning too. I made my wedding day timeline based off Brian's recommendations and the day worked out perfectly, we were on time the whole day! We first met with Brian in his home studio, where we spent about 2 hours getting to know each other. He showed us his equipment, played us many different samples of music, and walked us though his packages. We knew as soon as we left that we wanted to hire Brian for our wedding. He is so friendly, personal, and experienced, and the fact that he spent two hours with us before we even booked with him said alot. We called Brian the next day and booked with him! He provides you planning guides to get you thinking about the flow of your wedding day and about the songs you will need to pick out, which is very helpful. All along the way, Brian was easy to communicate with, whether by email or by phone. Fast forward to about a month before our big day when we set up another appointment to meet with Brian in person to go over our song selections for our wedding day. This time we spent about four hours at his home going over every single detail, from the beginning of the ceremony all the way to last call at the reception. Brian was so patient as we picked out songs for all the special moments of our wedding, making sure we were happy and confident with our selections. On the day of our wedding everything was beyond perfect! Be sure to have him do his special moments dance...we have some great video of our wedding guests all huddled in a circle around my husband and I, with Brian singing in the background! (Brian is an EXCELLENT singer too btw!!) We even made it through a brief interruption in the partying due to a tornado warning (remember, barn wedding! lol), but as soon as it was over, Brian got the music back on and we danced the night away! I know our wedding would't have been as great as it was without Brian from Special Moments Entertainment!

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Jaime O

I am not sure how to put this in words without sounding kinda rude, but....you are stupid if you don't AT LEAST meet with Brian Hood from Special Moments Entertainment! He is an amazing DJ/ entertainer and person! Trust me...you, your friends, and family will NOT regret... Read More picking them for your big day! My husband and I got married two months ago and we are still hearing how awesome our DJ was. We were told by multiple people that "our wedding was one of the best weddings they have attended and the music was the best". The dance floor was full the entire night and everyone had a blast! Brian even comes out on the dance floor to help your guests dance along to songs like "the wobble"! How awesome is that?!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Jessica R

A DJ can make or break a wedding, and our DJ made our wedding PERFECT! There was not a single moment that we weren't on the dance floor. Our guests danced their hearts out and have been telling me that they have never seen so many people on the dance floor all night long! Being... Read More on the younger side, I was lost with the timing and order of the reception, and Brian took care of it all. He made it so I didn't have to worry about a thing on my special day. Brian & Sharon helped make our day/night unforgettable. I would highly recommend Special Moments Entertainment to any bride and groom that want to have a blast all night long!

Reviewed on 1/11/2018 Courtney M

Brian was my DJ for my wedding in December, and he did a fantastic job!! He was very helpful and made the process of setting up my special day very easy! The music was great, and everyone complemented on how great of a job he did! Highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 1/09/2018 Shelly S

I hired Special Moments Entertainment to Dj my Parents 50 th Anniversary after I went to my cousins wedding and saw what a great job they did. They listened to all my special request and made some great suggestions to help make my parents party a fun and memorable night. I... Read More highly recommend them and I will being hiring them to do any and all of my future parties.

2018-01-10T05:22:34 Response from the vendor

Thanks Shelly for the great review, and the great night! To relive that special day, 50 years to the day, with their favorite music and dancing from back then to bring back great memories with a lot of those special friends who were there, and... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/09/2018 Shelly S

Reviewed on 1/06/2018 Tiffany T

Special moments really made our wedding special. Brian was able to get our monogram light, even last minute. Our DJ Rob was perfect! He played great music and made sure all requests were played. He kept us on schedule starting with our ceremony music. He was very personable and... Read More had us laughing and dancing. Eveyone enjoyed themselves! We not only got an amazing DJ but a friend too!

2018-01-06T18:02:08 Response from the vendor

Hey Nick & Tiffany! It was our pleasure! We’re glad everyone had a great time! Rob had a blast, and made some great friends as well! All the best in the future!

Reviewed on 12/14/2017 Ashleigh M

Brian was amazing! We had several compliments on how incredible our DJ was. He was great to work with also in the months leading up to our wedding. We will certainly be recommending him to others!

2017-12-18T09:23:48 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the kind words! Ashleigh & Shane! What a blast! It was a great party with you, your family and friends! You guys tore it up yourselves with your performance on vocals and guitar! Your guests loved it! Thanks again! All the best!

Reviewed on 11/04/2017 Katie V

Not that I ever considered any other DJs beside Mr. Brian, but he went above and beyond what I was hoping for! Our wedding October 20, 2017 went so smoothly and it was because of him. I could not have been happier. He played the music for both our ceremony and reception. Every... Read More song we requested was played and the little mash up he did for my father-daughter dance is something I will never forget. I would recommend Special Moments entertainment for any special event!

2017-11-09T00:23:29 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much “Mrs. Katie” for choosing us for your entertainment on your and Brian’s big day! It was our honor and pleasure! That little girl with the big smile that used to sing karaoke with us, turned into that beautiful bride with the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Emily D

Brian is amazing!!! He gave us the reception we wanted, while listening to all of our nerdy requests! From walking into the Tavern to the 1960s Batman Theme song to the Ninja Turtle rap, we could not have asked for anything better! What I also enjoyed was the insight he had... Read More while working with him and how personal he made the experience feel. If you need someone for your wedding Brian is absolutely your man!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Kaitlyn F

Brian did a wonderful job. He handled our ceremony music, as well as reception music, emcee, and uplighting. The music was beautiful- I received many compliments from our guests. He played a great mix of new hits and older classics, as well as favorites of the groom and mine. He... Read More helped keep the night running on schedule, even when there were hiccups that could have thrown things off track. Leading up to the wedding, we went over the timeline and he made suggestions that helped to streamline our day-of timeline. He has been in this industry a long time and you can tell, he has a great understanding of what will work well. We were very, very happy to have chosen Brian for our big day and would recommend him to anyone.

2017-10-18T12:01:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you Kaitlyn! We had a blast! It was our honor and pleasure to entertain for your family and friends! All the best!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Pat C

Brian was terrific! Not only was he a great DJ, but he was a wonderful host as well. We are so happy that we had Brian and his wife Sharon there on our wedding day to help the day go so smoothly! The dance floor was packed all night, and we received several compliments on... Read More Brian's behalf. Thanks for everything, Brian and Sharon!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Megan S

I cannot say enough great things about Brian. When I was in search of a DJ, I was looking for a few key things. 1. Value 2. Personality 3. Attentiveness Brian hit all three out of the park. With Brian as your DJ, you will never feel like just another client. He takes the time... Read More to create a wonderful unique experience just for the two of you! Brian worked with me and listened to what I wanted. I had several compliments from friends and family saying it was the most fun they've had in awhile. Brian-- thank you, thank you, thank you! Brides-to-be, look no further.

2017-10-17T09:32:49 Response from the vendor

Hi Megan! I'm the one that should be saying, "Thank you, Thank you, Thank you" for hiring us for your entertainment! We had a blast! What a party! All the best!

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Kaitlyn P

Special Moments did AMAZING! We could not have asked for a better person to do this at our wedding. I originally thought that dj's were "cheesy" but Brian definitely changed my opinion on that. I would 100% recommend him to anyone for any occasion!

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Christine R

Brian was the DJ for my wedding in August of 2017 and I couldn't be happier with my decision to hire Brian! He was very understanding of our desires and concerns, and managed to keep the dancefloor full during our entire reception! People of all ages enjoyed the music and are... Read More still telling us what a great time they had. Also, the uplighting that Brian did for us was beautiful. If I had to do it all over, I would hire Brian again in a heartbeat.

2017-10-17T09:38:14 Response from the vendor

Hi Christine! Thank you for letting us be a part of your big day, and the great review! We had a blast! Great party! All the best!

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Megan C

I can't say enough good things about Brian and his wife! During the planning stages, he helped us choose our songs and guided us on what we were unsure of. He has such a great attention to detail it's really quite impressive, he also made it 100 times easier on us the day of the... Read More wedding because we literally did not have to worry about the timeline or when what was happening. Also, the music was awesome he takes the time to personalize everything, specific to each bride and groom! We had 2 dance floors (one inside and one outside) both of them had people dancing the whole night! Thanks again Brian at Special Moments Entertainment for making our night one we won't forget!

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 Lauren W

The wedding was fantastic! From the emceeing to the music to the lighting, everything was beautiful.

2017-08-21T13:12:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you Laura & Scott, for choosing us for your entertainment on your big day! It was our honor and pleasure! Wow, what a party! We had a blast! All the best!

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 Erin B

I highly recommend Brian with Special Moments Entertainment. He did a fabulous job for our wedding reception. The dance floor was packed all night long. He did a great job of taking requests from our guests and following our do not play list. Leading up to the wedding he was... Read More very accommodating to us since we live out of state. We were able to have all of consultations via Skype and had quick responses to our emails. All of our guests have a commented on what a great job Brian did keeping the dance party going till the very end. Thank you Brian!

2017-08-21T13:14:56 Response from the vendor

Thank you Erin & Adam for letting us be a part of your big day! What a great party crowd you had! We had a blast! It was our honor and pleasure to entertain for your family and friends! All the best!

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Chelsea S

Brian did an amazing job at my wedding. He was able to read the crowd and keep the energy pumped up throughout the night. His wife worked as his assistant and she was so helpful to make sure all the timings went perfectly. Highly reccomend Brian to anyone having a wedding. He... Read More adds special touches that make each experience unique and worked with us to make sure we had the perfect night.

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Elaine K

Brian did a great job being our DJ for several of our family weddings. He's very professional and alot of fun. He was alot of help offering very good advice to keep our special night fun for everyone. We highly recommend Brian Hood to everyone who needs a DJ.

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Nancy H

Brian was our DJ for our wedding in July 2017. From the first time we met Brian, he was very thorough. He asked many questions that we never even thought of. He seemed very caring, like he wanted to make his piece of our day perfect. On the day of the wedding, we decided last... Read More minute that we wanted a very simple DJ set up and only white lights. Brian was very accommodating and quickly changed his set for us. He did an excellent job of working with all of our vendors coordinating timing. He helped keep the night rolling. When we were busy, he was sure to keep us on schedule. The dance music he played was PERFECT! Our dance floor was packed all night. We had so many compliments from family and friends of all ages. We would highly recommend Brian to all couples!

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Jessica K

Brian is amazing! He made our night special and everyone loved him. We even had people from another wedding trying to seek in and party because the music was so great! Thank you so much brian, we are so happy and would reccomend him to anyone!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Sarah T

Brian was awesome !! Hands down best DJ! He did everything we asked him to do no problem at all. He is amazing with communication always getting back to us ASAP. His wife is so nice to helping us out and making sure our day was absolutely perfect. My husband wanted our entrance... Read More to be epic and gave him some songs and he put the songs together no problem and made it sound so perfect and smooth! I highly recommend brian for your day!!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Derek S

DJ Brian Hood was fantastic! He responded to emails quickly, and was very thorough in his details! I love music, and he incorporated different songs in our ceremony, and played our requests at the reception. We have zero complaints, and everything turned out perfectly (no issues... Read More with sound or anything!) He is a natural at what he does, and easily got people on the dance floor throughout the night. His wife was also very helpful and sweet, she offered to get us drinks and appetizers before our grand entrance which was very much appreciated. We will recommend Special Moments Entertainment to our family and friends planning a wedding!

2017-07-18T14:54:08 Response from the vendor

Thank you Derek & Brittney, for letting us be a part of your big day at the beautiful Waldenwoods Resort and Conference Center! It was our honor and pleasure entertaining for your guests! Congratulations again! All the best!

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Sarah S

Brian was excellent! The dance floor was full all night! We had the best time!

2017-06-25T09:46:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you Sarah & Matt! It was our honor and pleasure to be your entertainment on your big day! All the best!

Brian Hood

Let me start of by saying, I' a passionate music lover! An entertainer, a professional vocalist, a musician starting in my teen years, graduating to playing in wedding bands, club bands, etc. I have been around music my whole life! My goal as I shifted to DJ for the last 20 years, has always been to try to bring my musical experience/knowledge of all types of music (from classics to the most current) to the party, to facilitate their night smoothly, and give that Bride/Groom an exciting, unique celebration with their family/friends and a night to remember with great lasting memories!