Special Moments Photography

Serving Michigan & Northern Ohio

We are what extraordinary love looks like...

We specialize in wedding portraits that reflect your love, some of our fantastic wedding images and albums. Your hopes and your dreams. You will treasure our photographs all of your life and be proud to pass them on to your grandchildren. A picture is worth a thousand words and we have many images from past weddings for you to view. We think that our images speak for themselves. View our portfolios to view some of our present work, look for photos by location or view the award winners to see some of our most special moments. Visit our studio and see for yourself.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Modern, Vintage

Bridal Portraits, Engagement, Trash The Dress

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Film Photography, Online Proofing, Photo, Printed Enlargements, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Wedding Albums, Photo + Video

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
824ddd67 fb0e 4a26 92a4 d4996b0d2b23~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100

40500 Ann Arbor Rd E, ste 104LL, Plymouth, MI Serving Michigan & Northern Ohio (734) 453-4321

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Michelle s

Special Moments Photography was amazing! Patrick matched me with a photographer who fit the photography style that I was looking for and stayed on top of all the communications I had sent. April was our amazing photographer. We spoke prior to the wedding to discuss photography... Read More locations, the plan for the day, and what types of photos I was looking for. My wedding day was captured perfectly with her help. My photos came back looking great. I would use Special Moments Photography again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 9/25/2017

Special Moments Photography was a dream to work with and very reasonably priced. Our photographer, Patrick C., is so personable and down to earth. After our first phone call with him we knew that we would love working with him. He made us feel as if we'd known him forever. He... Read More was so easy to talk to and genuinely listened to what we wanted for our wedding photos. He had some amazing ideas with creative backgrounds and poses and made everyone feel comfortable and relaxed. Plus he kept us on track throughout the evening. Patrick did an incredible job on our photos! They are beautiful! He captured some beautiful evening shots that were even better than we imaged they would be. Thank you Patrick for being such a pleasure to work with, and for making our visions come to life with your beautiful photos that we will treasure forever! We highly recommend Special Moments Photography!

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Alexandrea K

Words cannot express our gratitude for Special Moments Photography. They do exactly what their name states...they capture those moments so you can look at them forever. I met Patrick Abel at the studio after looking online for photographers and I fell in love with his style, his... Read More keen eye, and his passion for photography. He showed me a breath-taking black and white album and I knew that I had to have him capture our wedding day. He may have looked at me like I was crazy for booking him about 18 months in advance, but it was worth it! We had great communication for the shots that were needed/wanted and he got all of them without a worry. He is so creative and I hopped up on a fire escape and he took shots that looked straight out of a wedding magazine. He was very accommodating at meeting us at the hotel we were staying at for the "getting ready" shots and frolicked all around Downtown Detroit with a smile on his face. He would pause and show us a shot he had just taken, he is so proud of his work and truly loves what he does. I loved all of the 1,300+ photos he took and we got our proofs back in less than a week after our wedding! The hardest part is picking photos for our album. There are too many great ones to choose from. Thank you SO much Patrick and Special Moments for all your hard work. Our friends and family are raving about your work and we will recommend you to all our friends and family! Hopefully we can work together again soon.

Reviewed on 1/26/2017 Gina B

I first met Lisa H. when she photographed my friends’ wedding. After the great experience I had as a bridesmaid, I knew that we wanted Lisa to photograph our wedding too. She was so wonderful and easy to work with. She took any shots that we requested and was very quick to come... Read More up with creative ideas of her own. She really did capture all of our special moments. :) My husband and I couldn’t be happier with our photos, and give our highest recommendation to Special Moments.

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Amanda Z

Carrie was our wedding photographer and she was wonderful to work with. The only other time my husband and I have been professionally photographed was our engagement shoot (by a different photographer in the city in which we live) and Carrie made me feel completely comfortable... Read More with the camera pre-ceremony, and was great keeping the wedding party's attention post-ceremony. She took great family and wedding party shots, detail shots, candids, and photos of my husband and I at the church and reception, always making us feel totally comfortable. She translated our shot list into beautiful photos adding her own expertise to suggest shots that would work better. Even though we are not local, working with Patrick and the studio was easy, professional, and they always made a point to make sure all questions were answered. My husband and I highly recommend them and we couldn't be happier with our photos!

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Erynn D

We worked with Patrick Abel and he made our journey magical every step of the way. All of our guests commented on how much they enjoyed him and his pictures. He's beyond professional and personable. Our pictures turned out beautifully and he made our day memorable

Reviewed on 11/09/2016 Laurie K

We were very pleased with Special Moments Photography. Patrick helped us plan many special photographs when we met in person. He suggested locations and photographs for the bridal person that we would not have known. All of the photos were beautiful, including the church,... Read More outdoors, reception, etc. Nice combination of family photos and bridal party photos. We would highly recommend.

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Autumn F

Patrick was our photographer for this special day. We were able to "snag" him last minute as our previously hired photographer "fell though". Patrick is amazing!!! Even after only talking twice on the phone, as soon as Patrick came through the door I knew he was the photographer... Read More for us. He had great ideas and also listened to what we wanted. Everyone has raved over our unique, awesome, original and hot photos! Seriously, my 65 year old aunt referred to our photos as hot!! Thank you so so much Patrick. You were amazing to have along for the ride and I hope you had some fun as well. 🙂

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Brian K

Patrick is one of the most professional people I have ever worked with. He kept the mood light even when the tensions began to rise and kept a smile on everyone's face. Our day was taken personally and he even helped with things he wasn't contracted to do, such as help with ties... Read More and coordinating how things were going to proceed. Everyone loved the food and venue, but raved about "that awesome photographer." They are our first recommendation, hands down.

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Sue R

Patrick was a spectacular choice as a photographer for our daughters wedding on a rainy August afternoon. His soft demeanor and professionalism helped kept the brides jitters under control during both the planning process and on the day of the wedding. As an avid scrapbooker, I... Read More am overwhelmed at the beauty and variety of Patrick's photos. The photos of the bride and groom reflected in rain puddles will give a beautiful spin to our memories of a less than perfect, weather wise, day. I am enjoying relieving our wedding memories as I continue to print out and enjoy these photos! Thanks Patrick!!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 David M

Patrick is the kind of person you dream about working with for your wedding. Not only is he extremely personable, down to earth, FUN and friendly - but he has amazing attention-to-detail, he is professional and easy to follow, he LISTENS thoroughly to what you're looking for and... Read More is extremely reliable and responsive. I knew right away when I met him that I'd love working with him and within minutes I felt like I was brainstorming my wedding day vision with an old friend. He helped me to improvise on a few details when they wouldn't work properly at our venue, and turned the idea into something even more awesome. He worked at making sure we had unique poses for those perfect photo. Our photos were beautiful - seriously beautiful. We got SO MANY compliments from our guests. The prices were also extremely reasonable especially considering the level of fantastic service and dedication that they gives to their clients. I honestly can't recommend them enough and am SO glad we chose to work with them for our wedding celebration. The photos will be enjoyed for years to come. It honestly couldn't have been more perfect. THANK YOU Patrick for being such a joy to work with, such a happy smiling face on my wedding day, and for making our visions come to life with you beautiful photos.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Christina S

Patrick is the best!! Our pictures turned out amazing. Our wedding was on a cloudy rainy day and our pictures are breathtaking. He knows how to capture the best moments perfectly. Highly professional and would recommend him to everyone.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 A K

Fantastic Fantastic Fantastic!!! Patrick was awesome Photographer!!! We were enjoyed our wedding pictures very much . It was easy to work with and he was noticed all small details to make sure that all of your pictures came out good. I would recommend this to anyone who looking... Read More for awesome photographers.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Katie K

Patrick Abel was a wonderful photographer and an invaluable part of our wedding. His services were so instrumental to our happiness. Even our guests were taken-aback by how his friendly disposition made everyone feel welcome and comfortable. He went above and beyond to make sure... Read More he captured every "special moment," leaving no stone un-turned, making every one of my friends and family members feel camera-ready! In our phone interview, I gave him a rough idea of our taste in wedding photography, and he was able to develop those thoughts into a perfect illustration of our relationship. We can't thank Special Moments enough! (We LOVE our album!)

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Colleen L

Patrick and his team were AMAZING at Special Moments Photography! From the Engagement Photos to the Mass Photos and then Capturing the Candid and Family Photos at the Reception...Patrick was so professional, so kind and caring...and really took charge with a smile! We had to... Read More be in and out of the Church in a short period of time...but Patrick got it done and did it all with a smile! I cannot say Thank You enough...you captured every moment and made sure that the Bride and Groom still had time to enjoy their Special Day! There are so many photographers you can choose from...but I say..Stop the Hunt and Sign Up Special Moments...You will NOT be Sorry!!!! They truly are THE BEST!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Candace L

AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING!!! I cannot say enough about how much we loved working Special Moments Photography for our wedding. From the moment that we met Patrick Abel we knew that we found our photographer, and after we did our engagement shoot with him it solidified our... Read More choice. He is very passionate about what he does and it definitely shows in his work. We had an absolute blast working with him, he really has an eye for finding that perfect angle. His excitement is contagious!!! The photos turned out beautiful and we were able to see them just days after the wedding. Even my dad who normally doesn't like to speak his mind had only great things to say about Patrick and his professionalism, he liked that he took charge and got everyone where they needed to be. I would absolutely recommend them to everyone, you won't be disappointed if you choose them!!

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Christina R

Patrick and April were absolutely fantastic. They worked with us to get all of the pictures we wanted and were great during the wedding day. They were very flexible (it rained all day) but we still ended up with some amazing pictures. I couldn't recommend them more highly!

Reviewed on 8/13/2016 Abigail B

It was the wedding nightmare that everyone dreads: Three weeks before our wedding, and we found out our photographer (also a friend of the groom) wouldn't be able to make it from overseas. Frantically, we started searching reviews and weighing our options with our budget and... Read More the late notice in mind. After seeing their work samples and reasonable pricing, the first place we contacted was Special Moments. Patrick replied within a day, and mentioned that he was, in fact, available on the day of our wedding. We had some more correspondence and a phone call that set us instantly at ease. At least we had SOMEONE! Little did we know that the photography would end up being one of the highlights of our wedding. Patrick felt like family by the end of the day, and was so easygoing and professional. He knew exactly how to get the most stunning and creative shots without us having to say a word. We are so thankful for how everything worked out, and did not regret one bit that our original plans fell through!! Wonderful experience, and I would give Patrick and Special Moments the highest recommendation.

Reviewed on 7/14/2016 Andrea R

I can’t say enough wonderful things about this company. Patrick answered ALL of my questions and was helpful and professional. Lisa H. Is AMAZING!!! Our engagement pictures and wedding pictures are absolutely flawless. Lisa takes amazing photos and has a natural eye for this.... Read More She made my entire bridal party feel comfortable and it was so relaxing. She worked really well with our wedding coordinator with timing too for the day. I would recommend anyone to her. Fast turn around time as well.

Reviewed on 6/02/2016 Samantha

Everyone in our wedding party loved working with Patrick. He has a great eye for what's in the background of the pictures. Our pictures are fabulous! He had them back to us within a few days of the wedding!

Reviewed on 1/06/2016 Kristen S

Our wedding was November 2015 at Colony Club downtown Detroit, and we worked with Lisa. From initiating the process with Patrick to working with Lisa, we could not have expected better service! Despite being pregnant, Lisa was hopping construction fences and crouching down low... Read More on the ground to get the best shots for us… that gives you the type of idea what dedication this photographer and company has… Despite our crunched timeline and unexpected delay the day of, Lisa got all of our desired locations for photos and more… she helped out with positioning as requested to help avoid awkward photos and caught the artistic and journalistic shots we hoped for. HIGHLY RECOMMEND this company and photographer! We love all of our photos – they were quickly edited and available to us much sooner than expected. Overall, captured the special moments and made our day unforgettable. Lisa even helped us with the little things that count like giving advice and guiding the flow of the night, quickly explaining how to cut the cake so we didn’t look ridiculous or grabbing my flowers to help out or adjusting my dress… She went way above and beyond her photographer duties to make our day great and as flawless as possible. Thank you!!!

Beautiful Photos

Reviewed on 11/15/2015 Patty B

We are so happy we chose Special Moments as our photographer. They have many packages to choose from, and their website is great to check out the work of their photographers. Leading up to our wedding, their communication was excellent and much appreciated. Ryan, our... Read More photographer,was a joy to work with. He did a great job of capturing everything, and the photos are amazing. I highly recommend Special Moments Photography!

Reviewed on 10/17/2015 Allie H

At first I was very concerned about getting a decent photographer because I knew my husband (then fiance) did not like getting his photo taken... at all. So it was imperative that we worked with someone who was capable of putting him at ease since taking photos for a wedding is... Read More fairly time-consuming. However, my husband and I were blown away by how amazing Patrick A. from Special Moments was to work. The entire time we were having a blast, sharing stories and feeling entirely comfortable. By the end of the night my husband approached him and told him that he didn't like having his picture taken, but Patrick had made it really fun. Knowing my husband, this was a HUGE compliment. Patrick joked that we could repay him by letting everyone know on The Knot :) The photos turned out great, the prices are affordable and we are so glad we went with Special Moments.

Amazing Photographer, great price

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 Carla T

We had Patrick Abel from Special Moments and he was super easy to work with. He got to know me and my fiance in a 1-hour phone interview which was perfect. They had so many package options which was nice to be able to get a great photographer for a reasonable price. We weren't... Read More looking for all the additional bells and whistles, just great photos, which Patrick delivered. So many guests approached us and told us that we had a really great photographer.

Fantastic!

Reviewed on 9/13/2015 Rebecca H

Patrick C. was the best...he even got the dads to smile! Our entire family loved him and he got some really creative shots. He even stayed over the allotted time and refused any extra money.