Spectrum - St. Louis' Premier Variety Dance Band

Spectrum is a proud recipient of The Knot’s 2018 “Best of Weddings Award" (our 6th year) and WeddingWire's 2018 "Couple's Choice Award" (our 10th year). We were honored to be inducted into The Knot "Hall of Fame" due to consistently positive reviews from our clients with over 20 years of success. We are the ONLY band to win both of these awards for the past 6 years. You're in good hands! We perform for more wedding receptions than any other band in St. Louis so check our web site schedule and see if we're still available to perform for you on your date. We guarantee to deliver a packed dance floor, no silly choreographed dancing musicians, and great communication right up until the last dance of the night! Avoid the agent fees of other bands and contact Tim directly to book Spectrum.

Instruments

Fe7719fa d8df 43f7 b18c 942ee8fef3e2~rs 100
D692bc15 0755 426d 96a9 fb6ea89c4786~rs 100

201 Kendall Bluff Ct., Chesterfield, MO (314) 306-4313

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Rebecca D

First off, let me start this review by saying that this band KICKS ASS. The sound was mixed perfectly throughout the night and the band kept everybody on the dance floor for the entire night. This was everything we had hoped for. I must say (and my wife would agree) that... Read More Spectrum Band was one of the top highlights of our wedding. We received a number of compliments throughout the night from the guests on the quality of the band and how much fun they made the wedding. One friend even asked if you the band would travel to Michigan to play his wedding next year. The band went above and beyond in all aspects of the event. The band's manager, Tim Callihan, (who also plays drums for the band) was responsive to the point that I had no concerns about their attention to detail and the amount of thought that they put into our wedding. His availability by email and phone was astounding. I returned one of his calls at one point and he pulled his car over to the side of the highway so that he could take my call right then and there - this is the type of person you want in your corner on your wedding day. Knowing that Tim (and Spectrum Band) cared about our wedding day as much we did relieved any anxiety that I had with regard to the music for the reception. Furthermore, the band happened to record their music for the night and Tim went ahead and cut the speeches from the recording so that we could have them. Not only this, but HE SENT THESE TO US 8 HOURS AFTER THE WEDDING HAD CONCLUDED. Seriously?!?!? Amazing. I was still sleeping and woke up to his email; what a lovely thing to wake up to. Sincerely, this band was the life of the party! My wife and I spoke about the reception and remarked how we saw some family members dancing who we had NEVER seen dance before ever (even at other weddings)! Wonderful job; if we ever have another event in St. Louis, Spectrum Band will be the first that we contact! I was curious to see how the band would be received given that my family is full of musicians (my parents were professional musicians and played something like 50-60 weddings on weekends as I was growing up; my brother writes musicals and teaches improv in L.A.; my mother and her sisters grew up singing in various groups and love all things musical) and they LOVED the band. By all accounts, they truly kicked ass. This band will give you everything and more that you hope for on your wedding day. P.S. - They like to have control over the flow of the music and this should not be a concern; rather, this is something you should take comfort in. They know how to control a dance floor and they do a great job keeping the guests engaged and dancing throughout the night. (Note: you can make a list of some songs that you do NOT want to hear and some songs that you really would like to hear; you can also allow guests to submit requests; the band is flexible)

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Rachel C

If you are searching for a wedding band and want to make sure your night goes perfectly without any issues, stop searching and contact Spectrum Band immediately. We just got married and we booked Spectrum over a year ago without ever hearing them. Based on the reviews they... Read More seemed to do an amazing job and we just took a leap of faith. It was the best decision we ever could have made. Tim was the best contact and put up with my crazy emails for literally over a year. He always responded within an hour at least and every single detail we planned together went off without any issues the night of our wedding. My biggest fear of the wedding was that our dance floor would be empty, turns out we barely had room for everyone because the dancing was nonstop. Our wedding day was perfect and a large part is due to the fact we hired Spectrum Band. I'm an extremely organized person and the fact that I had ZERO issues with Tim and the band, really tells you something. Stop searching and hire this band for your wedding or event. I promise you they will not disappoint and it'll be the best decision you'll ever make. Every time I think back to just a few days ago, I can't stop smiling. We've had dozens of people ask us where this band is from and how truly amazing they were. So if you're wanting people to say they attended the "best wedding ever"... call Spectrum Band and you'll get that response, I promise you that.

Reviewed on 8/17/2016 Josiah G

Spectrum Band was absolutely incredible in every aspect. As a bride and groom, there is nothing more reassuring than good communication. Even with the silliest of questions, Tim Callahan always responded the same day, sometimes within minutes. One week from our wedding he... Read More e-mailed us to reassure us that everything was ready on his end. Which gave us a huge sigh of relief. At the wedding, communication was just as good and the band was quick with any changes needed. We opted to trust them with musical selections appropriate for our guest list and they exceeded our expectations by far. Every one of our guests were on the dance floor, from 2 year olds to 80 year olds. The compliment we received from most of our guests was, “OMG that band was amazing!” Since it was a location wedding we were unable to see/hear them in person before the day of the wedding. We chose Spectrum Band based on their rating on theKnot.com and reviews on their website and hired them only having heard their playing online. We are so happy with our decision to hire them, and highly recommend them to anyone looking for a band for their wedding, or any special occasion. Long story short: If they’re available for your date, book Spectrum Band ASAP!

Reviewed on 11/15/2017 Kathyrn P

This band is hands down the best ever!!! I had so many compliments and they kept my guests on the dance floor ALL NIGHT LONG!! I even had a bartender at my venue tell us that they have never seen a dance floor so full and the guests having so much fun in all their years there!... Read More Their music and personal touches they did were spectacular! I would hire them again in a heartbeat!!

Reviewed on 11/10/2017 Robby V

We made an excellent choice going with Spectrum. As almost all of the reviews state, the planning process with Tim was flawless. He was quick in responding, flexible in arrangements, and made time on a Sunday to chat with us on the phone to make sure everything was set and... Read More ready to go. We planned our wedding from a different state, so having such a dedicated point person to help us get set up was essential. The band played great, and our guests were dancing all night long. Tim accommodated our song preferences, and made sure the last song was one we requested to have - it was a big hit. For the price, Spectrum was a great value and was an essential part in having such a beautiful memory of our wedding day. Thanks Tim and Spectrum! - Robby and Emily

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Katie C

First of all, there should be no question of who is the premier wedding band in Saint Louis. These musicians are talented enough to play all the hits you hear on the radio or a classical piece you would hear in a symphony hall. It's no surprise they call themselves the Spectrum... Read More band because they can play it all. On top of that the band uses the experience to really play the room. They know when to speed things up and slow things down to keep the party going all night. They were such a pleasure to work with as we planned the big day. Tim took the time to get to time meet us and discuss our musical taste. Booking the Spectrum band was a great decision and certainly one of the highlights of the night. I hope they're playing at the next wedding I attend.

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Amanda P

Spectrum Band was by far the highlight of our wedding, not only for us as the bride and groom, but also for our guests. Live music for our wedding was so important to us. From the moment we began our search of available bands, we were quickly able to narrow the search to... Read More Spectrum. Their broad variety and mastery of so many genres made it an easy decision. They appealed to the crowd of young, old, and everyone in between! They kept the energy high and our dance floor was packed until the last dance of the night. Tim Callihan was responsible for all of our communication and consultation before the big event. He was extremely organized, quick with correspondence, and exuded passion and pride in the band. I felt confident long before the actual event that everything would go off without a hitch, and it absolutely did! We cannot thank Spectrum Band enough for making our wedding day unforgettable!

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Sharon B

We booked Spectrum Band for our wedding and could not be more pleased!! They did an incredible job from the start. They were very proactive to communicate with us to make sure every detail was perfect. Come the night of the wedding, the dance floor was packed the entire night!!... Read More They played till 11:30pm with only taking one break because they didn't want to stop the momentum. They sound quality was excellent too! Everyone was raving about how great the band was and we could not agree more! Thanks Spectrum!!

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Sharon B

This band far exceeded my expectations!!! First of all, the communication throughout the year was unmatched. Any time we had questions, they were answered within the day. In fact even the week of the wedding, Tim emailed to say they are ready and not to worry about a... Read More thing! They MC'ed the wedding perfectly, and we never had to worry about the order of events. THE DANCE FLOOR WAS PACKED THE WHOLE WEDDING! How many receptions have you been to, where no one wants to leave. From the classy jazz they played at dinner, to the hits of today for dancing - they did spectacular. We received compliments from EVERYONE after the wedding regarding the band!! AWESOME!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

Reviewed on 9/24/2017 Erin K

Spectrum was FANTASTIC, not only in their performance at our wedding reception, but also in their customer service and communication leading up to our wedding! They played a variety of music and really tailored it to the crowd. The manager, Tim Callihan, was so quick to answer... Read More my questions via email. He was very thorough in his planning and recommendations. My husband and I met in college, and asked the band to learn our fight song. I sent him a YouTube video that was of terrible quality. He responded very honestly saying that their instruments collectively wouldn't offer the same sound and feel that our fight song intends. Within less than 24 hours, Tim edited the crappy YouTube video I sent him and enhanced the audio. He made it sound like a live version back at our alma mater. It was truly a crowd favorite when about 40 alum joined us on the dance floor at our wedding sing the fight song. Tim and the entire band truly go above and beyond! I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a wonderful cover band! Also, we had a duo from the band play at our cocktail hour, and the music was beautiful!

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Larry I

My daughter was married in St. Louis this past weekend (July 21st). We planned the wedding from out-of-town (Los Angeles), which presents obvious challenges. When we were looking for a band, we found the Spectrum Band's web site via an on-line search. I contacted the band and... Read More spoke with Tim Callihan several times before deciding to hire his group. I think they are usually an 11-piece band, but we were having a smallish wedding (90 people) and didn't need that large a group. He said that it would be no problem scaling it down for us, and we ended up hiring a 5-piece version of the band. I will cut to the chase . . . the band was fantastic! They were very professional (arrived on time etc), and played a wide variety of the music that we requested. The band leader (Ray) kept the party moving at just the right pace (and he does a great Ray Charles and Louis Armstrong!). They played appropriate dinner music while everyone dined, and then plenty of upbeat dance music during the post-dinner hours! I highly recommend these guys for any event that you're planning, you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 6/30/2017 Annie K

We originally did not want a live band at our wedding. We planned to have a DJ until my parents found Spectrum and insisted on booking them for our wedding. Because they were paying, we agreed. Tim and Spectrum have completely surpassed all of my expectations and I have had my... Read More mind forever changed about having a live band at a wedding. We had the pianist and guitarist play music for the ceremony, it was beautiful. They even supplied the microphones for the minister and readers to use. We also had them play live music for the cocktail hour, which was a big hit. For the reception we had the full band. The band was so accommodating! They learned a new song just for us, and revitalize several other songs we requested from their old playlists. They even played particular songs from iTunes on the speakers when we wanted original versions. They helped make announcements, including the bridal party entrance and pronounced everyone’s names correctly (a hard task given the last names we were dealing with)! Tim was always punctual when replying to my emails, even despite the 2 hour time change between us (I live in California). He is incredibly attuned to detail, something I majorly appreciated being detail oriented myself. The band played a great variety of new and old songs, both fast and slow. They really kept the dancing going the entire night! Everyone, the toddlers, teenagers, bridal party and twenty-somethings, parents, and grandparents danced and had a blast. We received so many compliments and were even asked if the band traveled to California! We can’t thank Tim and Spectrum enough, they made it the most fun party of our lives. Also, thanks to my parents, sometimes parents still do know best.

Reviewed on 6/16/2017 Sharon K

Booking Spectrum Band for our daughter's wedding was one of the very best decisions we made! The quality of their performance was outstanding! They seemed to know perfectly which songs to play! The dance floor was packed throughout the entire night. I think they sounded better... Read More than the original artists because they could connect and interact with the audience! They said they had so much fun playing for us that they even skipped one of their breaks. When we first started searching for a band a year before the big day, we were focusing on smaller 5-piece bands and didn't know if a 9-piece was too over-the top or too big for the space. However I couldn't ignore all the fabulous web reviews of Spectrum. I am so thankful that we booked Spectrum!!! The extra brass pieces added so much depth and beauty! And Spectrum was so flexible to make their allotted space work which was much smaller than what you see on their website videos. This band also brought with them 2 sound engineers so the volume was always perfectly controlled! Everyone keeps talking about this band and how fabulous they were...one said even better than the band at the presidential ball! Besides the band at the reception, we had Spectrum's pianist and guitarist for the ceremony and sax and pianist for the cocktail hour. Again, so beautiful! As you know, there are a ton of details in planning a wedding. I kept saying throughout the year that the one area that I had no worries about was the band. That's because Tim (manager and drummer) was a pleasure corresponding with and planning the details for the music. He provided detail spreadsheets with timelines, special song requests, bridal party introductions & so many details that we would never have thought of! The band even took care of playing our I-pod songs during the breaks with perfect timing and volume. I have to definitely tell you about our emcee for the evening which was the saxophone player. He flawlessly introduced the bridal party and parents with such emotion and inflection! Also, he announced the people giving the grace and toasts; bouquet toss; fraternity song introduction; wedding cake cutting...and more! He said the perfect amount of words and with feeling. For instance, before the bride and groom walked into the room he said, "Now, ladies and gentleman, the reason everyone's gathered here this evening, please rise and welcome the new Mr. and Mrs..." And the sound engineers would adjust the background music while the emcee was speaking and raise it while they walked into their favorite song. It's these little details that make Spectrum so incredible. I would love to book them again for future occasions. We also booked the up- lighting for the room through Spectrum which we were very pleased with; it added a soft warm glow and well-worth the cost of the rental. Again, no worries about installation, etc. Just another reason why we were so very very happy that we chose Spectrum Band!!!

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Marcia K

I have attended other weddings that Spectrum played. I knew immediately that they were the band for us! They made the wedding reception a night to remember! They were fabulous beyond words. Tim is so wonderful to work with. Communication was easy with him. He is on top of the... Read More details. You will be missing out on a top notch band and experience if you don't book them. We had one of the best nights ever because of Spectrum Band! Can't thank them enough!!!

Reviewed on 5/10/2017 Audrey V

Spectrum Band provided the best live music and entertainment I've ever heard at any wedding. Before the wedding day, Tim, the band's manager (also a member of the band) was in excellent communication with us to make sure we had everything we wanted covered and planned out. The... Read More actual music at the reception couldn't have been more fun and was exactly what we wanted. The band's performance, sound quality, lighting, and selection of songs kept our party going the entire time. Thanks so much to Spectrum for making our reception such a blast!

Reviewed on 4/25/2017 Lynn F

YAAASSSSS!!!!! They far exceeded our expectations. We found them by searching this website, watched their Youtube video, and agreed that if they were booked over a year out they must be worth it. Spectrum blew everyone away! Every single guest was on the dance floor until the... Read More very last song and even begged for "one more song." Do yourself a favor and book Spectrum now!

Reviewed on 1/09/2017 Julie P

Spectrum band was absolutely amazing!! We booked them relatively late in the game and they were so great to work with! Communication was outstanding - always prompt with responses and accommodated several special requests. The band itself was exactly what we had hoped! Our... Read More guests were older and they played the type of music that both young and old enjoyed. During dinner they played at a perfect level so guest were able to have dinner conversations without having to yell. I highly recommend them!! Thanks again Spectrum - you were fabulous!

Reviewed on 12/17/2016 Katlin M

Spectrum Band is absolutely amazing! My husband and I knew we wanted a live band at our wedding and hired Spectrum without ever hearing them live. They surpassed our expectations and gave us a reception to remember! Tim was excellent in responding to my numerous emails and... Read More constant questions. We received so many compliments about the music that was at our wedding! We used Spectrum for our cocktail hour (saxophone and a piano) and an 8 piece band for our reception. The dance floor was full the entire time! Spectrum Band plays such an array of music that any listener would be happy!

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 Elizabeth G

We hired Spectrum to play at our wedding and we could not be more pleased with how everything went. In the planning stages, they were prompt with their responses and very organized with all of our information. Tim was more than willing to meet with me to discuss in person day of... Read More details. At the wedding, they were amazing. They created a playlist of songs that kept my guests on the dance floor the entire evening. Almost three weeks later, I am still receiving complements on the band. If you are considering a band for your wedding, I would highly recommend Spectrum. It will be the best and easiest decision you will make throughout your planning process.

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Laura C

If you are looking for a wedding band you should look no further then Spectrum band. They performed at our wedding on Saturday and did an absolutely amazing job!!! Spectrum was the first thing we booked after our venue, and my husband and I are so glad we did. The dance floor... Read More was filled for the entire reception and we have received so many compliments on the band from our guests, many saying it was the best wedding band they have heard. Tim is so great to work with and is always prompt to reply to any questions we had. Thank you to Tim and Spectrum for making our wedding an amazing and unforgettable evening!!!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Abby L

Spectrum Band was absolutely fantastic for our wedding. We had the pianist during our ceremony, a trio during the cocktail hour and the full band during our reception. They kept people dancing all night and they made our wedding so much fun! The pianist even learned to play the... Read More song that I walked down the aisle to and that was such a nice surprise!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Steve S

Three weeks after our daughter's wedding reception we are still getting wonderful compliments on our band selection. Tim was extremely helpful from the planning process through the reception. They even learned a special song for the reception and I could have sworn it was a... Read More soundtrack. They connect with the audience and feel out what music fits best. They can play it all. The dance floor was packed from the beginning to the end and no one wanted it to end. We had the nine piece band and the duet for happy hour. This also included two engineers for the night. I could not believe what we got for our money. What a value. They truly enjoy performing and it is contagious. My suggestion is to book them early and certainly pick a few special songs, but let them do their thing. They are the best!

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Jonathan T

We hired Spectrum to play at our wedding reception. They were awesome!!! Tim was very professional and organized. He made the whole process easy. We are so glad we got Spectrum! Outstanding band...we HIGHLY recommend them!

Reviewed on 9/29/2016 Katie O

Spectrum band was amazing! From the very beginning of planning to even after the wedding, Tim has always been quick to respond, very organized and so easy to work with. On top of all that, they are talented musicians with a wide variety of songs to please all ages of guests.... Read More They were so much fun on our wedding night. We had our dance floor packed all night! I highly recommend this band. Worth every penny. We also used their up lighting service, which was cheaper than what venue had offered. Looked awesome!

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Craig C

We are all still coming down from one of the best nights I've ever had. As the Father of the Bride it was very important to my daughter on band selection. She nailed it when she picked Spectrum. They played an amazing selection of songs and interacted with us. They made it a... Read More very special night that we will always remember. If you are looking for a band for your wedding I would look no further. They are top notch. Two thumbs up from this Dad!!!!!

Meet The Manager

Tim Callihan

In addition to managing Spectrum Band for over 20 years and being involved in the local St. Louis music community, Tim is a structural engineer at The Boeing Company performing technical integration management for the F/A-18E/F program. He obtained a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering and a Master’s Degree in Structural Engineering. The same level of meticulous detail that is invested in analyzing aircraft structure is provided toward coordinating details with clients for each performance. You can feel confident that you're in excellent hands!