Specialized Wedding & Boudoir Photographer

Spencer Studios is owned and operated by Meghan Spencer. She is a photographer located in Kansas City who specializes in Wedding, Engagement, and Boudoir Photography. Available for travel world wide.

Documentary, Lifestyle

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Film Photography, Online Proofing, Photo, Printed Enlargements, Second Shooter Available, Wedding Albums

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100

Kansas City & Surrounding Areas (402) 580-2983
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 9/30/2017 Brittany C

Meghan is an amazing photographer and hands down one of the best decisions we made for our wedding! Her overall vibe and aesthetic was exactly what I was hoping to find when I started my search and she did not disappoint. Our pictures are stunning; I still get tears in my eyes... Read More every time I look at them. She not only perfectly photographed every moment of the best day of our lives, she captured the emotion and joy. She has a keen eye for detail and you can tell how passionate she is about her craft. I cannot wait to receive my album and start hanging pictures throughout my house. Meghan was a dream to work with, as well. She listened to everything I said in our initial meeting and found perfect locations for our shoots. She came prepared with adorable clear umbrellas (due to the torrential downpours in the forecast) and ponchos, which became a necessity about 3/4 of the way through our group shots. What could have put a major damper on the day turned into one of my favorite images and truly all thanks to her quick thinking & preparation! Her second shooter was wonderful to work with as well - something I would highly recommend including if you are on the fence! Always nice to have several perspectives on the key moments throughout the day. As an out-of-town bride, I had a bit more of a challenge ahead of me while planning. Spencer Studios was one of the first vendors we selected and Meghan exceeded all of our expectations for a photographer! She worked with me throughout our planning process to develop the perfect day-of timeline and any time I had a question about possible vendors, color schemes, etc, she was happy to lend an ear and offer advice! She was a calming presence all day and kept everything flowing smoothly. I am truly thankful to Meghan for all of her hard work and talent. I love all of my pictures and will cherish them forever!! I would HIGHLY recommend Spencer Studios. Exceptional work.

Reviewed on 11/19/2017 Brittney B

BOOK HER!!!! DO IT!!!! Meghan was AMAZING! I loved working with her. She was fun, professional, and supportive. I met Meghan at a Bridal Shower convention and I was completely overwhelmed. She approached me, fixed my scarf, and gave me the best advice on how to handle a bridal... Read More convention. I knew I had to hire her then and there. I hired Meghan to complete my Engagement Photos and Wedding Photos. I was proud of her efforts in keeping up with my goof ball of a husband. I hired her to also do a boudoir shoot for my husbands wedding gift. She made me feel so comfortable and I would recommend any of her services to anyone! so do yourself a favor and BOOK HER!!!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Rachel C

In my opinion, wedding photographers have one of the hardest jobs on a wedding day. They're constantly on the go, making sure they capture each little detail and important moment for the bride, groom and both of their families while keeping everyone calm and moving the day... Read More along! I knew I wanted a photographer that could handle all of these moving parts with grace and professionalism, which is why I chose Meghan with Spencer Studios to be my wedding photographer. From the start, she was totally devoted to making my vision come to life. She took time to get to know my husband and me, sitting down with us and hashing out what was important to us, where we started and how we got to this big day. She took our engagement photos, which were absolutely stunning, and worked with us to make sure every shot we were hoping to get was taken. She made everything so fun and natural that the reactions she got from my husband and I during the shoot were completely genuine, and I loved seeing a true depiction of us in those pictures. Once the wedding day came, she was nothing but calm, reassuring and comforting (but secretly working her behind off to capture every element of the wedding day perfectly). She is simultaneously your best friend and personal advocate. I felt 100% comfortable knowing that Meghan was behind the scenes, capturing every happy, weepy, wonderful moment of that day. I would absolutely, unflinchingly recommend Meghan to any bride. My family loved her, my wedding party loved her and my husband and I can't be more grateful for everything she did for us that day and the months prior. She is so sweet, so hardworking and has such an amazing eye for photography. I will cherish my wedding photos for decades to come, and am so glad that Meghan took them!

Reviewed on 2/07/2018 Darby R

Meghan is an absolutely amazing photographer! I've had the pleasure of working with her on three separate occasions and each session has been better than the last. She made me feel comfortable and relaxed which made the resulting images for my boudoir shoot even better. I can't... Read More wait for the next opportunity I get to work with her!

Reviewed on 1/19/2018 Rachel P

Meghan was truly amazing! She made me feel so comfortable and was great at making me laugh and loosen up. I love how my pictures turned out! They’re even better than I had hoped for.

Reviewed on 11/19/2017 Justin W

Meghan was truly one of the most perfect parts of our wedding day. From the second we met her at a coffee shop to talk, she blew us away with her professionalism, but also relational attitude. I immediately walked out of our first meeting and told my husband "That's who we need... Read More for our wedding day." And she did not disappoint. From our engagement pictures in June, to our wedding in August, she has gone above and beyond to exceed our expectations and our pictures are INCREDIBLE. She took the time to get to know us and make us feel comfortable, but was also in charge and told us exactly what to do to make sure that our pictures would be perfect. She was so much more than just a photographer. She took the time to talk me through the stress of the wedding day and made a point to chat with my friends and family and she really did help make the day perfect. Post wedding, she was prompt in getting us our photos and invited us to her studio space, champagne in hand, to look at our pictures and talk face-to-face about album and wall art ordering (all of which is incredible quality). Overall, Meghan is who you need on your wedding day: personable, professional, and present. We were over the moon with her and with her product, and we will absolutely be hiring her for future photos, and we will absolutely be recommending her to everyone we know :)

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Kelsey M

Meghan at Spencer Studios was so much more than a photographer for us. She immediately recognized that we were struggling with our planners, especially day of, and stepped up. She went above and beyond in every single aspect. I truly believe she saved our day. Meghan fit so... Read More seamlessly into every aspect of our wedding day. She wasn't just our photographer, she was our voice and most importantly our friend who made sure everything went perfectly. She made sure that we took time to be thoughtful of each other and say the things we were thinking aloud to one another. Those are things you can't capture in a photograph, but she made sure we had them anyway. Our photos are absolutely gorgeous and she captured every single moment thanks to her very detailed questionnaire and timeline. Her eye for detail and beauty shines in every photo (all 2,400 of them). She told me that she loves to shoot weddings because the photos aren't just for us, they are for generations to come. Her passion is undeniable and brilliantly executed.

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Lev G

Meghan (from Spencer Studios) was an integral part of our wedding day. Outside of taking photos, she stepped up and helped wrangle other vendors to keep everyone on schedule and on task when it was obvious our planners weren't fully capable of handling it. Her photos are... Read More fantastic! We had won an engagement session with another studio, and they had airbrushed our photos to a nearly unrecognizable state. Meghan took beautiful, true-to-life photos of us and our loved ones, and we will cherish them for years to come. We couldn't have done it without her! We definitely feel that our day would have been even more chaotic and difficult without her calming presence. In between events, she reminded us to relax and take a moment to just be together, so that we could really enjoy ourselves.

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Elena S

Meghan made me feel very comfortable during my boudoir session. She was able to help me relax and find positions that worked well for my body. Having a professional hair and makeup person was also a pleasure and made the experience even better. I had her take headshots for me... Read More earlier this year and was just as pleased then as I am now with her work. Would highly recommend

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Sausha H

Great pictures! Great person! Spencer studios did an amazing job capturing every moment. She definitely put the bride and groom first!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Kylie M

Meghan Spencer was the perfect wedding photographer! She was organized, helpful, and professional, as well as being fun, calming, and friendly. Her photographs are lovely and we have a lot to choose from for our prints! From helping me bustle my sister's wedding dress to... Read More keeping us on schedule, all while capturing our most precious moments--Meghan was fantastic!!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Brittany M

I did a Boudoir photo session with Meghan and it was phenomenal! It took me about a year to get the guts to finally go do it, but Meghan made it a wonderful experience. She played 90s music and let me laugh and be myself for the pictures, as i'm not the serious, sexy type, and... Read More I was amazed at how wonderful the photo book turned out! The pictures are amazing and I can't wait to see my husband's face when I give it to him this weekend as my wedding gift.

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Michael M

Spencer Studious was perfect in every way imaginable. Meghan was so incredibly detailed and well prepared that we were always comfortable and sure that things would go smoothly. The results we received were unimaginable! Our expectations were far exceeded! The results were... Read More amazing, but maybe the best part was how easy and fun she was to work with. During what may be the most stressful time of some people's lives, Meghan was a calming presence! We could not have asked for more! 5 of 5!

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Karah B

LOVED my experience. The price was well worth it!! She was very timely and amazing to work with. BOOK WITH HER!!!!! You will not regret it. :)

Reviewed on 2/17/2017 Caitlin C

I loved working with Meghan. She set the tone for the boudoir shoot by being goofy and fun. She made me feel really comfortable, and she took my lead in the amount of posing help I needed ( a lot!). I could not recommend Meghan more! She is friendly, personable, and... Read More professional. Hire her!

Reviewed on 2/06/2017 Mary R

I had my boudoir photos taken by Meghan and they turned out amazing! She created a fun and relaxing environment that made it easy and comfortable to take the photos. Being a plus size girl, I was worried that having boudoir photos done might not be flattering in some images but... Read More I was completely wrong. Meghan truly knows how to capture the best you!

Reviewed on 1/30/2017 liv m

I had a wonderful experience working with Meghan. I purchased the boudoir session as a surprise for my husband for Christmas. he was elated. Not only was he surprised by the gift, we were stunned by the amazing quality of the photos and the printed book we received.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Mary M

There were 2 photographers during the event. They were both personable, warm, and professional and made us feel comfortable and natural as we were guided through the process of taking shots.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Mary M

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Pamela L

Spencer Studios is by far the most professional photography vendor I have experienced. Meghan is very artistic and imaginative with her work and was able to make all of the pictures look so natural. She went out of her way to take family pictures at the venue when some of the... Read More members had left the church early. She is the only photographer we know that would get on the floor to get just the right shot. Meghan always had camera in hand and willing took pictures when she came across a group enjoying themselves or trying to take a group picture on their own. Meghan is personally an enjoyable person who obviously enjoys and takes great pride in her work. She was able to capture every part of our daughter's special day forever!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Pamela L

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Ashley C

Meghan did a fantastic job with my boudoir session. I ended up paying extra for a studio vs. hotel and I'm so glad I did as the background and lighting was great for the pictures. The make-up artist did an amazing job with my hair and make-up which helped boost the confidence... Read More for the shoot ;) The photo book looks very professional and the print quality looks great as well. My husband absolutely loved the wedding gift and was surprised with it- which was what I was going for. Meghan did a wonderful job making sure I received my photo book in time for my wedding as I had the session only 2-3 weeks before my wedding. I suppose my only discrepancy with the experience was there weren't many different props or backgrounds in my pictures. Just a bed or the wall; there was a nice looking white sofa and pretty curtains/big windows in the studio (with some wall space to stand in front of so you wouldn't be exposed to the public) that would have looked really neat for pictures. Overall I had a very positive experience and would recommend Meghan as a boudoir photographer.

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Sharla B

Meghan has an eye for details! She made me feel very comfortable and made the photo shoot fun!! Her shots are unique and one of a kind. I would highly recommend her for any type of photo shoot.

Reviewed on 10/13/2016

I searched for a boudoir shoot for months and after reading Meghan's' web page I knew I had found the one photographer I would be comfortable with and I was not wrong. She is a sweet young funny professional that is a motivator and makes you feel and look flawless. I felt at... Read More ease right after meeting her and even the pre-meeting emails were always answered promptly ,truthful and very professional. I could not imagine shooting these boudoir photos with any one else. Thanks Meghan for making me feel special and your fantastic work in the photo album.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Sierra B

Meghan is absolutely fantastic. My fiancé and I had such a great time during our engagement shoot. Meghan is so personable and really loves what she is doing. We love our images so much that it's hard to choose a favorite!

Meghan

Meghan, originally from Nebraska, now lives in Kansas City and is loving the KC wedding industry.