Spinners Entertainment

Spinners Entertainment is a full-service DJ, Live Entertainment, Lighting, and Magic Mirror Photo Booth company based out of New York City, West Orange, NJ, & Los Angeles, California. For more than 15 years, Spinners Entertainment has been providing premier entertainment for Weddings & Corporate Events. Find out more at spinnersent.com.

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Arabic, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Se Habla Español, Planning, Audio/Visual Equipment, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

Perfect DJ and Perfect Cocktail Hour Music

Reviewed on 12/03/2013 Lynnette H

Jay Della Valle is amazing. You should also consider his Owls and Lions group for cocktail hour and/or ceremony music. I was so impressed!!! He is talented and will be either as high energy or as low key as you want him to be to make your wedding yours. You don't need to... Read More worry about a tacky DJ trying to pump in false energy - he will create the energy naturally. My wedding venue was so impressed they asked for his card to consider for a preferred vendor, and they see them all!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Kaitlin P

I don't even know where to start.. We held a wedding at my parents farm and really wanted a band. What we did get was so much better!!! Spinners Entertainment set us up with our DJ Jay. Jay heard about our original plan for a band and told us about the "Owls and Lions". This was... Read More a 2 person acoustic band (violin and guitar) and let me just say our guests were blown away with all the personal and intimate touches these two musicians brought to our ceremony and cocktail hour. When the time came to switch to the reception, Jay and his MC smoothly switched the setting and started the party. They were fabulous with the wedding party announcements and even gave the flower girls and ringbears (ages 4-10) a pep talk before entering the tent with all the guests. They kept the party going and to be honest we really did not make this DJ's life easy. We gave them a couple genre's and a few specific songs to play and told them to do their thing; AND THEY NAILED IT!! To top it off at the end of the night, Jay sang a final song while playing his guitar giving us one more amazing memory to hold on to while our guests watched close by and joined in on the serenading. We have already passed on both the information "The Owls and Lions" and Spinners Entertainment with Jay to family as everyone truly did fall in love with them!

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Emily L

Spinners Entertainment was absolutely fantastic. If I could give them a higher rating I would. Jay took care of my (now) husband and I so well and was responsive, supportive, and flexible from day one until our wedding. Jay is just a joy to be around! He did room lighting as... Read More well which took our party from ok to amazing. The room looked incredible. At the wedding, he made us feel like stars, double checked everything and led the way to an incredible party. People who NEVER dance were up and dancing and he seamlessly integrated our song choices. He also was able to transition from one thing to the next like a pro. Nobody does it like Spinners. Everything was spectacular, and we had not one complaint about our DJ from any aspect of the cocktail hour, reception, or even the planning leading up to the wedding. We had the best party of the century. If you wanna challenge me on that, you'll have to hire Spinners and see if they can live up to their reputation! (Spoiler alert: they will).

Reviewed on 2/22/2017 Kaitlin G

We first heard about Spinners Entertainment from a friend of mine. My husband and I decided to see Jay perform at a wedding expo with Owls and Lions. We did not have to look any further. We knew we had to book them for our cocktail hour and after talking to Jay we knew he... Read More would certainly get the party going during the reception. I had so many people ask me during and after the wedding who the DJ was and how great he was! We even had guests (an engaged couple) go up to him during the night asking for his business card. The best part of the night is during dinner Jay sang "Walking in Memphis." He is so talented and we are so glad we decided to go with Spinner's Entertainment!

Reviewed on 2/10/2017 Meghan P

Jay Della Valle is the man! We knew after he performed at my sister's wedding that we were going to book them for ours! We hired Owls and Lions to perform an acoustic ceremony as well as Jay as Emcee and DJ for our reception. The wedding music was unstoppable. Owls and Lions set... Read More such a beautiful tone for our ceremony, it was magical. We had a winter glam wedding, not necessarily the theme that might come to mind when considering Owls and Lions but they were absolutely perfect for our indoor, evening wedding. Jay knew exactly the vibe we were going for an nailed it. He helped us combine songs for the first dances and really knew how to get the crowd going! I never stopped dancing! Guests are still talking about our wedding, our dances, our music and how much of a ball it was. I know so much of this is thanks to Jay and his team at Spinners Entertainment. We are so happy, thankful and grateful for your services that day. We were so happy to share our special day with you and we have already recommended Jay to friends and family. I hope to attend another wedding with Jay & Spinners Entertainment so I can have that much fun again! Cheers! P.S. THE SELFIE MIRROR IS EPIC – Our guests definitely enjoyed it! :)

Reviewed on 2/10/2017 Megan Q

My wife and I hired Jay to handle EVERYTHING for us... the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception... and EVERYTHING was perfect. For the ceremony, we were very particular and told Jay we had several songs along different parts and even cues when each song should play... Jay... Read More took it all in with a 'no problem' and nailed each one! During the cocktail hour, we had his guitar/violin duo Owls & Lions perform live which was amazing and we were already getting compliments from our guests. At the reception, again, all expectations were above and beyond. All the songs we wanted to hear were played and Jay stayed away from all the songs/genres we weren't into (which was REALLY important to us). He rallied the crowd when needed, knew when to slow down the music, and even blew people away when he sang one or two songs himself! The right DJ is SO important when it comes to a wedding... the music really can make or break the event. As far as we're concerned, Jay (and his team) is the perfect choice to making the music ensemble everything you imagine at your wedding. You can't go wrong hiring him.

Reviewed on 12/19/2016 Elizabeth M

Dear Owls & Lions, We want to thank you for your incredible performance at the engagement party for my son and his fiance. The music was perfect! Your smiling faces, the spirited vocals ... my family and I will cherish the memories forever!

Reviewed on 12/18/2016 Daniel R

Amazing entertainment that guests are still raving about! Spinners Entertainment brought the house down at our wedding reception and made it a night to remember. We worked with Mike M. who spent a lot of time with us before the wedding to ensure he understood our vision of a... Read More perfect wedding reception, and he absolutely delivered. Mike's professionalism and attention to detail immediately put us at ease as we knew we were in good hands. In addition to hosting the party, Mike was diligent and attentive to everything that was going on during the reception to make sure the night went off without a hitch. We couldn't have been happier! As for the music, we went with a pianist during our cocktail hour, and then paired a DJ with a saxophonist and a percussionist during the reception. The guests LOVED the DJ/live music combo. All of the music was absolutely incredible which kept the dance floor packed all night. If you're looking for unique, dynamic and professional entertainment to host your event, look no further than Spinners Entertainment.

Reviewed on 12/18/2016 Hillary S

Jay was amazing! We are both in the industry so we had very high standards on our DJ and other vendors. Jay knocked it out of the park! We gave him the a vision of what we we wanted in a DJ and he ran with it. Not only did he have the party going but also made sure to include... Read More all different types of genres of music to get others on the dance floor. He was flexible and we did not have to worry at all because he took care of everything. We also had Owls and Lions play at our ceremony/cocktail hour and our friends and family are still talking about it. We would highly recommend him over and over again!

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 Alisa R

If there were more stars I would give them! Jay and Spinners are THE BEST! My wedding was amazing because of him. The perfect mix of mellow acoustic music during cocktail hour and high energy DJing after dinner. A great range in genres to make all guests happy and up on their... Read More feet dancing the night away. Jay made sure to understand what we wanted and put his "spin" on it as the professional who knows what the party needs! Everyone had the best time, I still get compliments even now. Jay is not only a DJ but the ultimate entertainer, emcee, singer and all around best. Nice, talented, professional and made my wedding a night I will never forget! Thanks Jay!

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Jennifer L

While planning our wedding my husband and I were growing increasing frustrated at the tacky sales pitches from entertainment companies spending more time telling us what they do then listening to what "we wanted" for our wedding. We accidently ran across an Owls & Lions video... Read More online and immediately knew this is what we wanted for our wedding!!!! We reached out to Jay and entire process from beginning to end was as easy as you could wish for - Jay was only concerned with what our vision for our wedding was and for the parts that we didn't have a specific request in mind, Jay put us at ease making recommendations. We were completely confident he would make everything special. He did not disappoint!!!Owls & Lions played during our ceremony/cocktail hour and Jay (Spinners) was the DJ for our reception. If you want to add that special touch to your wedding Spinners Entertainment & Owls & Lions is the way to go! Let's face it the wedding night goes by so fast and it is a whirlwind (I know everyone tells you this but you don't believe it will happen to you :) one of our fondest memories from the evening was an entire table eating dinner busting out in song to Billy Joel Scenes from an Italian Restaurant (Jay's dinner music selection) and it spread across the room with everyone joining in. The wedding photos of everyone dancing and singing all night says it all - proof everyone had a blast! After all that is what it is all about - friends and family coming together to celebrate this special occasion and having a awesome evening. Don't hesitate to contact Jay if find yourself in a similar situation to us -his professionalism, style and expertise in accenting "your day" in top notch.

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Justin H

My wife Heather and I recently got married a few short weeks ago and feel so lucky with how everything turned out on our special day. Jay, Nicole and Kevin provided the entertainment for the entire event. Owls & Lions acoustic for the ceremony and cocktail hour, with Jay and... Read More Kevin from Spinners Ent. Dj'ing and Performing for the reception with live vocals and percussion. Coming from a long musical background, I was a fanatic when it came to this portion of the night and would be lying if I said I wasn't at all nervous. I thoroughly enjoyed everything I saw while doing my research of all aspects and after several conversations with Jay, I decided to just tell Jay to be an artist and give us a great time with great music. I said I want everyone dancing and non stop energy. At no point in time was ANYONE at our wedding disappointed. Starting with the ceremony and cocktail hour.. All 3 delivered perfectly classy, tasteful and fun performances. Nicole's violin skill and gorgeous voice, Jay's acoustic guitar and diverse vocal talent along with Kevin adding on point percussion made everything perfect on a nice fall afternoon. During the reception.... exactly what I asked for... limited top 40, just great music. Jay sang at all the right times and Kevin adding live drums gave the appearance of a much bigger and more extravagant show than we could afford. Not not a single person sat all night long. Literally.... We had people coming up to us all night long asking how they weren't famous and saying that our wedding was the most fun they have ever had at a wedding and the music was by far the best they ever heard. I have to agree 1000%!!! I have been thinking of all the things I can organize just to include them in for the music at work events, family events and more. Everything went so easy and smooth.. you would be a fool to not use them all! Thanks to you all for the perfect night. I can't wait to get together for the next event!

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Amanda F

Jay and his team are the ULTIMATE entertainers for any wedding or event! No matter your vibe, he will make it happen. Our wedding was an outdoor clambake on the beach (not a typical NJ wedding) and he went above and beyond to make it a special night. The dance floor was always... Read More full during the DJ portion, and Owls & Lions were FLAWLESS in both the beach ceremony and cocktail hour. Jay even went above and beyond to surprise us by playing live music and creating a "parade" for our guests as they walked the 2 blocks from the beach to the reception site... he kept them on their feet until the groom & I arrived, forming a tunnel for us to run through (120+ people) which was the most special treat! I cannot recommend Spinners to enough people! :)

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Brianna B

Jay Della Valle (or "D-Jay" as my husband likes to say) was amazing! We had Owls and Lions for the ceremony and cocktail hour, and a live drummer during the reception. Our wedding guests are still complimenting us about the music at cocktail hour/ceremony and the drummer. My... Read More husband, a few guests, and I got to play the drums! There wasn't a moment where people weren't dancing. We've seen him at multiple weddings and he is always amazing!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Courtney L

Jay is an amazing DJ! He really knows how to get the crowd going! He was so good at my sister's wedding last year that I booked him for mine. He has a beautiful voice and will sing during cocktail hour and/or dinner. I also booked the electric violist, Scott, who was just... Read More fantastic! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Annette O

The Owls and Lions add such a unique touch to any ceremony. As a planner, DJ companies come in all shapes and sizes. Jay and his crew were so professional, courteous and prompt, they really enhanced my job to create a magical experience for my Bride and Groom. I look forward... Read More to working with them again!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Alyssa C

My husband and I met Jay and his beautiful Owls & Lions partner Nicole while visiting wedding venues. Although we did not choose the venue, we definitely had our hearts set on Owls & Lions immediately! We met Jay for some information and knew right away that he would be the... Read More person providing us with music and entertainment for our wedding day. He was so kind, empathic, and talented - we knew there would be no one else for us! Jay and his amazing musical crew not only performed for our ceremony and cocktail hour, but they also shed their acoustic shells to become an INCREDIBLE band-DJ hybrid for our reception. People at our wedding were ASTOUNDED by how talented Jay and his colleagues are. Some even said they would pay to fly the entire crew out to California when their children were married. What we loved the most was that Jay really "got" us. We told him our ideas at the start of the planning process and we provided him with the space to use his creativity and talent. It is so difficult to choose music for a wedding, as they can actually make or break the party and fun; there was something about Jay we knew we could trust and he definitely did not disappoint. He became such a great source of ideas and support throughout the entire stressful process. He even became someone we now consider a friend. You cannot go wrong with Owls & Lions and Spinners Entertainment for your wedding day! Oh, and by the way - their "selfie mirror" was another huge hit at our party. Ask them about that too!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Kaela D

DO NOT THINK TWICE! I'm so beyond words with how amazing Jay is as a person, professional, and talented dj/musician. I knew I'd be happy with his services but he blew me away with how above and beyond he went to make sure everything was not only stress free but exactly what I... Read More wanted and how I wanted it. Trusting someone with the fun aspect of your party is BIG DEAL and you will be so happy you went with spinners! My wedding guests could not say enough positive things!!! Stop looking and book Jay Della Valle!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Carrie C

Spinners entertainment was the best find! Jay and his team were absolutely a pleasure to work with. Preparation was hard for me due to a recent surgery and Jay made the process completely easy and stress free. My guest were very impressed by owls and lions during the ceremony... Read More and cocktail hour as was I. I felt awful they had to withstand the heat but they always had a smile on their face! Jay once again impressed everyone with his singing of thinking out loud for our first dance. I questioned using that song thinking it was a little overused but the way Jay sings it brings complete new life to it to the song. Jay and his team made the night fun, entertaining and was able to get everyone on the dance floor. I was able to enjoy my wedding and guest with no worries. We also used the selfie mirror and it was a HUGE hit!! I will always recommend them to everyone! Thanks again guys! Hope to cross your path again soon!

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Alyssa S

Jay was great to work with! Our dance floor was packed the whole night! So much fun and we got so many compliments!

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Maria S

Jay and Nicole hands down made our intimate wedding a celebration that all 16 guests continue to fondly reminisce about. This dynamic duo in voice, musical talent and demeanor had us all singing, dancing and joyously celebrating our very happy day with each other for 3 hours... Read More straight. Our age range was 17-63 and Jay and Nicole, lit up the room and garden, with what became the glorious trio of their voices, instruments, and musical souls. It was the single most best decision of the day. I cannot say enough great things about them and their ability to read the gathering, read a vibe, get it going, and keep it going. Love Love love them. They will make your hearts sing.

Reviewed on 9/09/2016 Joe G

Jay Della Valle was our DJ/MC for the night and we could not have been happier. We saw Jay at another wedding we went to actually which prompted us to go with him. Not only is he a great MC, he plays the kind of music you want, gets everything going, and he even sings some songs... Read More that make you do a double take because he is so good. I would highly recommend Jay for any kind of event.

Reviewed on 9/01/2016 Mollie S

We had Owls and Lions play at our wedding, Jay played the acoustic guitar on the beach for our ceremony and then owls and lions rocked the cocktail hour and played through dinner. We were blown away by how much energy they brought to our wedding, the dance floor was NEVER empty!... Read More We highly recommend Owls and Lions to anyone who is looking for fun music to keep guests entertained. We had so many compliments throughout the night about our “awesome band”. Jay took the time to learn a new song for us to play for our first dance. The sound was smooth, with an original flare that Owls and Lions brings to an event. After dinner Jay transitioned to DJ our event, and played an awesome mix of music which continued the party until the end. After our last song Jay surprised us and played our wedding song one more time so we got to repeat our first dance, which was just magical to end the night! He has a true passion for weddings, and a talent for music and reading the crowd, and making your event special. Cheers! Jenn & Mollie

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 jackie k

Jay and Spinners Entertainment were an amazing part of our reception! The communication and response from Jay since the beginning of looking for a DJ were amazing. He is very genuine and enthusiastic! He is all about making your day special and memorable and that is exactly what... Read More he did. I would never go with another DJ again! Thank you Jay for everything!

Reviewed on 7/28/2016 Laura H

Spinners Entertainment is the perfect DJ for a wedding! After attending so many weddings, one DJ stuck out in my mind from 5 years ago, Spinners Entertainment! I had to book them....and of course they exceeded my expectations! First, Owls and Lions (the violin and guitar duo)... Read More entertained my guests upon arrival and set the perfect romantic tone for my outdoor ceremony. They continued to play at cocktail hour which my guests raved about. Once it was time for the reception, Jay payed attention to detail and made sure he met each person of the bridal party and how to pronounce their names. He played all the right songs at the right times and followed our guidelines perfectly. He kept the party going with his contagious excitement and was genuinely happy to take part in our day. The following days after the wedding, everyone kept talking about how much fun they had and how much they loved the music component of the day. Amazing! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Music is very important to us and we did not have to worry one bit using Spinners Entertainment. They truly made our night memorable.

Meet The President

Jay Della Valle

Jay Della Valle has been raising the bar and developing new standards in the DJ, entertainment, and private event industry for years. He's a multi-faceted artist, entertainer, producer and visionary with credits that extend all the way from events to Music, Film, & TV. Jay's talents provide an unparalleled level of entertainment service. He is an MC, DJ, Musician, Singer, Coordinator, & Music Agent who truly merges his artistry and passion for music with his business practice. Today, Spinners features a roster of outstanding entertainers- including MC/DJs and "One of a Kind" Acoustic Acts.