Spinners Entertainment

Spinners Entertainment is a full-service DJ, Live Entertainment, Lighting, and Magic Mirror Photo Booth company based out of New York City, West Orange, NJ, & Los Angeles, California. For more than 15 years, Spinners Entertainment has been providing premier entertainment for Weddings & Corporate Events. Find out more at spinnersent.com.

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Arabic, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Se Habla Español, Planning, Audio/Visual Equipment, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

A2f84579 05f6 4400 aa0c 4597c7a89d92~rs 100

Perfect DJ and Perfect Cocktail Hour Music

Reviewed on 12/03/2013 Lynnette H

Jay Della Valle is amazing. You should also consider his Owls and Lions group for cocktail hour and/or ceremony music. I was so impressed!!! He is talented and will be either as high energy or as low key as you want him to be to make your wedding yours. You don't need to... Read More worry about a tacky DJ trying to pump in false energy - he will create the energy naturally. My wedding venue was so impressed they asked for his card to consider for a preferred vendor, and they see them all!

Reviewed on 11/09/2017 Andrew P

My initial call with Jay Del put me at ease and I realized I'd come to the right place for our wedding's entertainment. After discussing at length exactly what we wanted and landing on a very reasonable price Jay assured us that Ollie would do a great job. The entire process... Read More was very easy. We spoke to Ollie the week before the wedding which bolstered our confidence even more. He was understanding of the type of night we wanted and delivered in a big way. Ollie was professional, dictated the mood of the room without being invasive or overbearing and was very kind. It was a wonderful night and Ollie provided the soundtrack. We have very little experience with hosting large events but moving forward we know who we will use for our next event without question.

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Lisa S

Music is soo important to us & Jay Della Valle/Spinners Entertainment knocked it out of the park! People are still raving about the music and Owls N Lions at our wedding! Jay did NOT disappoint! Everyone danced, he played every song we requested, & It couldn't have been more... Read More perfect. It couldn't have been more US, and to me there are just not enough thank yous for that!! Jay was always available, helpful, and beyond easy to work with. Wedding planning can be so stessful, check one thing of your list and don't waste any more time! Go with Spinners and get ready to have an incredible time!!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Laura F

I first saw Owls & Lions perform at a wedding that I went to a month before I got engaged. I fell in love with their performance at the cocktail our. Every song was performed perfectly - whether it was a classic oldie or a modern song, all were performed with a soft, folky fun... Read More twist that made their performance unique and memorable. When I started planning my wedding, I knew immediately that I wanted Owls & Lions to be a part of my day. I called Jay right away to discuss all of our options and booking them, and he was very easy to communicate with via phone and e-mail through the entire process. I chose them to play during my ceremony, which was such a unique touch when guests were arriving. They played every song that I wanted during the ceremony. During cocktail hour, I added their percussionist to create a more upbeat vibe to the music. It made cocktail hour a fun experience and they are truly entertaining, not just background music. They play a variety of music that can appeal to everyone. I have received so many compliments on their engaging performance during the ceremony/cocktail hour. For the reception, I chose Jay to DJ. He did an amazing job at introductions and controlling the flow of the reception, and then an even better job at getting everyone on the dance floor. He was the most tasteful DJ that I have ever seen at a wedding. He came out into the dance floor during one of the slower songs to sing it, which was such a nice performance and people kept commenting how great that was. I also had him do the uplighting, which created a romantic ambiance during dinner and then a fun atmosphere for dancing. The entire night was even more amazing than I could have imagined, and I am so thankful that we chose Owls & Lions/Jay as our DJ. I would not have changed one thing!

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Deirdre I

We hired Jay anencephaly Owls and Lions after seeing them perform at a wedding showcase. Their sound was exactly what I was looking for, and I knew that Jay would understand our music taste. I was blown away by Nicole’s version of Still Falling For You that I picked out... Read More specifically for me to walk down the aisle to. She made it a perfect moment. We didn’t get to spend a lot of time at cocktail hour to see Owls and Lions, but we heard amazing feedback from our guests. Jay and his assistant Kevin were perfect at the reception. They pronounced all of the complicated Russian names perfectly, had amazing musics cued up, and found the perfect moment for all of our special dances. They even brought in an amazing vocalist, Erika, to sing during dinner which everyone loved! She made a big impact and entertained our guests. Jay kept the music going the whole party, and threw in a bunch of songs that fit perfectly with our taste. I would definitely reccomend Jay, Owls and Lions, and spinners entertainment to anyone who is planning a wedding!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Laurel G

OMG Jay, Kevin, Nicole, and the entire Spinners / Owls & Lions team were RIDICULOUSLY AMAZING. They have an unbelievable sound, amazingly generous nature, and absolutely CRUSHED IT. They are a unique band that will absolutely guarantee your guests have THE. BEST. TIME. The most... Read More fun I've ever had, and all my guests told me it really was the best wedding they ever went to, which I completely agree with, even if I am biased!!! :) Thanks to the Owls & Lions team for making our wedding so memorable - we'll have to plan parties just so we can hang out with you guys again!! L & A 10.21.17

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Gina C

OMG. I got a Selfie Magic Mirror from Jay for my wedding and it was a hit. He is so easy to work with along with his staff. Kevin was at my wedding manning the table and he was awesome. LOVED ITTTTTT

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Jenn W

Owls and Lions was at my wedding in June and that were absolutely amazing! From the ceremony to the cocktail and then the reception they did a flawless and wonderful job! I couldn't of been more pleased with their services! The next day, my guests couldn't stop talking about... Read More how they loved the band during the ceremony/cocktail hour and how they never experienced anything like that. Ceremonies are usually the same old wedding ceremony but Owls and Lions brought a totally different vibe to my ceremony and made it all the more memorable! They made the whole process so pleasant and easy and thank you again Jay and Owls and Lions!! :)

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Lauren L

AMAZING! We have received so many compliments on finding this amazing group of people! We used the Owls and Lions for our cocktail hour! They have amazing talent and a wonderful playlist! From there we also utilized them for the DJ and uplighting! All which was GREAT! Jay got... Read More everyone up and moving all night long! Lots of fun! Definite recommend!

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 talar b

Spinners Ent. was amazing. We had the pleasure of having DJ Ollie do our music for our cocktail hour and reception. HE WAS AMAZING! He blended Armenian/Latin/Top 40 seamlessly throughout the night. He made sure everyone was on the dance floor all night. Be sure to get the Magic... Read More Mirror too! It was a lot of fun especially for the kids.

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Kasey N

We got married on July 3, 2017 in Poughkeepsie, New York. For our reception we had Mike Murphy and Ollie. He was amazing! He really knew how to give life to the party and he was funny and charismatic during our entire reception. The music was perfect and I had people coming up... Read More to me during and after the wedding asking about our DJ and MC. Thank you Mike and Ollie. You helped make our wedding unforgettable!!!

Reviewed on 8/04/2017 Angela P

Spinners Entertainment was absolutely incredible. Jay played the best variety of songs all throughout the night to entertain all our guests and at the end of the night when only the young guests were left dancing played the most BOMB mix I have ever heard. We also hired the sax... Read More player which was such a nice, unique touch. He not only complimented the up beat music but walked around during dinner time and played romantic music which was surprising and lovely. Then he did an autotune/daft punk song which was sooo good as well. The selfie mirror was also a hit and a nice upgrade to a standard photobooth since it allowed you to interact with it. Lastly, All of the guests loved owls and lions who played during our ceremony and cocktail hour. Their voices were amazing and they were able to improvise in the moment to enhance the overall experience for our guests. would highly recommend Spinners Entertainment to anyone who wants to take their wedding to the next level.

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Ally B

My wife and I made the incredible decision to hire Owls & Lions and Spinners Entertainment for our wedding on July 22, 2017. From our first phone conversation, I knew that we were in good hands with Jay Della Valle at the helm. He took the time to get to know us and our music... Read More tastes, and even committed to learning two new songs for the ceremony! During the reception, Jay and Kevin took our favorite songs and ran, following the energy in the room and playing a fantastic variety of songs for every taste. The dance floor was packed all night and we couldn't have been more pleased! Jay accommodated all our requests while also using his expertise and creativity to keep the party going. We didn't have to worry about a thing. Our guests could not stop remarking to us about how amazing the music was, from the gorgeous performance at the ceremony, to the cocktail hour, when Jay and Nicole roamed throughout the mansion performing acoustic songs to our guests. So many of our guests told us that it was the best wedding they had ever attended, and we certainly have Jay and Spinners Entertainment to thank!!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Kaitlin P

I don't even know where to start.. We held a wedding at my parents farm and really wanted a band. What we did get was so much better!!! Spinners Entertainment set us up with our DJ Jay. Jay heard about our original plan for a band and told us about the "Owls and Lions". This was... Read More a 2 person acoustic band (violin and guitar) and let me just say our guests were blown away with all the personal and intimate touches these two musicians brought to our ceremony and cocktail hour. When the time came to switch to the reception, Jay and his MC smoothly switched the setting and started the party. They were fabulous with the wedding party announcements and even gave the flower girls and ringbears (ages 4-10) a pep talk before entering the tent with all the guests. They kept the party going and to be honest we really did not make this DJ's life easy. We gave them a couple genre's and a few specific songs to play and told them to do their thing; AND THEY NAILED IT!! To top it off at the end of the night, Jay sang a final song while playing his guitar giving us one more amazing memory to hold on to while our guests watched close by and joined in on the serenading. We have already passed on both the information "The Owls and Lions" and Spinners Entertainment with Jay to family as everyone truly did fall in love with them!

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Emily L

Spinners Entertainment was absolutely fantastic. If I could give them a higher rating I would. Jay took care of my (now) husband and I so well and was responsive, supportive, and flexible from day one until our wedding. Jay is just a joy to be around! He did room lighting as... Read More well which took our party from ok to amazing. The room looked incredible. At the wedding, he made us feel like stars, double checked everything and led the way to an incredible party. People who NEVER dance were up and dancing and he seamlessly integrated our song choices. He also was able to transition from one thing to the next like a pro. Nobody does it like Spinners. Everything was spectacular, and we had not one complaint about our DJ from any aspect of the cocktail hour, reception, or even the planning leading up to the wedding. We had the best party of the century. If you wanna challenge me on that, you'll have to hire Spinners and see if they can live up to their reputation! (Spoiler alert: they will).

Reviewed on 2/22/2017 Kaitlin G

We first heard about Spinners Entertainment from a friend of mine. My husband and I decided to see Jay perform at a wedding expo with Owls and Lions. We did not have to look any further. We knew we had to book them for our cocktail hour and after talking to Jay we knew he... Read More would certainly get the party going during the reception. I had so many people ask me during and after the wedding who the DJ was and how great he was! We even had guests (an engaged couple) go up to him during the night asking for his business card. The best part of the night is during dinner Jay sang "Walking in Memphis." He is so talented and we are so glad we decided to go with Spinner's Entertainment!

Reviewed on 2/10/2017 Meghan P

Jay Della Valle is the man! We knew after he performed at my sister's wedding that we were going to book them for ours! We hired Owls and Lions to perform an acoustic ceremony as well as Jay as Emcee and DJ for our reception. The wedding music was unstoppable. Owls and Lions set... Read More such a beautiful tone for our ceremony, it was magical. We had a winter glam wedding, not necessarily the theme that might come to mind when considering Owls and Lions but they were absolutely perfect for our indoor, evening wedding. Jay knew exactly the vibe we were going for an nailed it. He helped us combine songs for the first dances and really knew how to get the crowd going! I never stopped dancing! Guests are still talking about our wedding, our dances, our music and how much of a ball it was. I know so much of this is thanks to Jay and his team at Spinners Entertainment. We are so happy, thankful and grateful for your services that day. We were so happy to share our special day with you and we have already recommended Jay to friends and family. I hope to attend another wedding with Jay & Spinners Entertainment so I can have that much fun again! Cheers! P.S. THE SELFIE MIRROR IS EPIC – Our guests definitely enjoyed it! :)

Reviewed on 2/10/2017 Megan Q

My wife and I hired Jay to handle EVERYTHING for us... the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception... and EVERYTHING was perfect. For the ceremony, we were very particular and told Jay we had several songs along different parts and even cues when each song should play... Jay... Read More took it all in with a 'no problem' and nailed each one! During the cocktail hour, we had his guitar/violin duo Owls & Lions perform live which was amazing and we were already getting compliments from our guests. At the reception, again, all expectations were above and beyond. All the songs we wanted to hear were played and Jay stayed away from all the songs/genres we weren't into (which was REALLY important to us). He rallied the crowd when needed, knew when to slow down the music, and even blew people away when he sang one or two songs himself! The right DJ is SO important when it comes to a wedding... the music really can make or break the event. As far as we're concerned, Jay (and his team) is the perfect choice to making the music ensemble everything you imagine at your wedding. You can't go wrong hiring him.

Reviewed on 12/19/2016 Elizabeth M

Dear Owls & Lions, We want to thank you for your incredible performance at the engagement party for my son and his fiance. The music was perfect! Your smiling faces, the spirited vocals ... my family and I will cherish the memories forever!

Reviewed on 12/18/2016 Daniel R

Amazing entertainment that guests are still raving about! Spinners Entertainment brought the house down at our wedding reception and made it a night to remember. We worked with Mike M. who spent a lot of time with us before the wedding to ensure he understood our vision of a... Read More perfect wedding reception, and he absolutely delivered. Mike's professionalism and attention to detail immediately put us at ease as we knew we were in good hands. In addition to hosting the party, Mike was diligent and attentive to everything that was going on during the reception to make sure the night went off without a hitch. We couldn't have been happier! As for the music, we went with a pianist during our cocktail hour, and then paired a DJ with a saxophonist and a percussionist during the reception. The guests LOVED the DJ/live music combo. All of the music was absolutely incredible which kept the dance floor packed all night. If you're looking for unique, dynamic and professional entertainment to host your event, look no further than Spinners Entertainment.

Reviewed on 12/18/2016 Hillary S

Jay was amazing! We are both in the industry so we had very high standards on our DJ and other vendors. Jay knocked it out of the park! We gave him the a vision of what we we wanted in a DJ and he ran with it. Not only did he have the party going but also made sure to include... Read More all different types of genres of music to get others on the dance floor. He was flexible and we did not have to worry at all because he took care of everything. We also had Owls and Lions play at our ceremony/cocktail hour and our friends and family are still talking about it. We would highly recommend him over and over again!

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 Alisa R

If there were more stars I would give them! Jay and Spinners are THE BEST! My wedding was amazing because of him. The perfect mix of mellow acoustic music during cocktail hour and high energy DJing after dinner. A great range in genres to make all guests happy and up on their... Read More feet dancing the night away. Jay made sure to understand what we wanted and put his "spin" on it as the professional who knows what the party needs! Everyone had the best time, I still get compliments even now. Jay is not only a DJ but the ultimate entertainer, emcee, singer and all around best. Nice, talented, professional and made my wedding a night I will never forget! Thanks Jay!

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Jennifer L

While planning our wedding my husband and I were growing increasing frustrated at the tacky sales pitches from entertainment companies spending more time telling us what they do then listening to what "we wanted" for our wedding. We accidently ran across an Owls & Lions video... Read More online and immediately knew this is what we wanted for our wedding!!!! We reached out to Jay and entire process from beginning to end was as easy as you could wish for - Jay was only concerned with what our vision for our wedding was and for the parts that we didn't have a specific request in mind, Jay put us at ease making recommendations. We were completely confident he would make everything special. He did not disappoint!!!Owls & Lions played during our ceremony/cocktail hour and Jay (Spinners) was the DJ for our reception. If you want to add that special touch to your wedding Spinners Entertainment & Owls & Lions is the way to go! Let's face it the wedding night goes by so fast and it is a whirlwind (I know everyone tells you this but you don't believe it will happen to you :) one of our fondest memories from the evening was an entire table eating dinner busting out in song to Billy Joel Scenes from an Italian Restaurant (Jay's dinner music selection) and it spread across the room with everyone joining in. The wedding photos of everyone dancing and singing all night says it all - proof everyone had a blast! After all that is what it is all about - friends and family coming together to celebrate this special occasion and having a awesome evening. Don't hesitate to contact Jay if find yourself in a similar situation to us -his professionalism, style and expertise in accenting "your day" in top notch.

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Justin H

My wife Heather and I recently got married a few short weeks ago and feel so lucky with how everything turned out on our special day. Jay, Nicole and Kevin provided the entertainment for the entire event. Owls & Lions acoustic for the ceremony and cocktail hour, with Jay and... Read More Kevin from Spinners Ent. Dj'ing and Performing for the reception with live vocals and percussion. Coming from a long musical background, I was a fanatic when it came to this portion of the night and would be lying if I said I wasn't at all nervous. I thoroughly enjoyed everything I saw while doing my research of all aspects and after several conversations with Jay, I decided to just tell Jay to be an artist and give us a great time with great music. I said I want everyone dancing and non stop energy. At no point in time was ANYONE at our wedding disappointed. Starting with the ceremony and cocktail hour.. All 3 delivered perfectly classy, tasteful and fun performances. Nicole's violin skill and gorgeous voice, Jay's acoustic guitar and diverse vocal talent along with Kevin adding on point percussion made everything perfect on a nice fall afternoon. During the reception.... exactly what I asked for... limited top 40, just great music. Jay sang at all the right times and Kevin adding live drums gave the appearance of a much bigger and more extravagant show than we could afford. Not not a single person sat all night long. Literally.... We had people coming up to us all night long asking how they weren't famous and saying that our wedding was the most fun they have ever had at a wedding and the music was by far the best they ever heard. I have to agree 1000%!!! I have been thinking of all the things I can organize just to include them in for the music at work events, family events and more. Everything went so easy and smooth.. you would be a fool to not use them all! Thanks to you all for the perfect night. I can't wait to get together for the next event!

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Amanda F

Jay and his team are the ULTIMATE entertainers for any wedding or event! No matter your vibe, he will make it happen. Our wedding was an outdoor clambake on the beach (not a typical NJ wedding) and he went above and beyond to make it a special night. The dance floor was always... Read More full during the DJ portion, and Owls & Lions were FLAWLESS in both the beach ceremony and cocktail hour. Jay even went above and beyond to surprise us by playing live music and creating a "parade" for our guests as they walked the 2 blocks from the beach to the reception site... he kept them on their feet until the groom & I arrived, forming a tunnel for us to run through (120+ people) which was the most special treat! I cannot recommend Spinners to enough people! :)

Meet The President

Jay Della Valle

Jay Della Valle has been raising the bar and developing new standards in the DJ, entertainment, and private event industry for years. He's a multi-faceted artist, entertainer, producer and visionary with credits that extend all the way from events to Music, Film, & TV. Jay's talents provide an unparalleled level of entertainment service. He is an MC, DJ, Musician, Singer, Coordinator, & Music Agent who truly merges his artistry and passion for music with his business practice. Today, Spinners features a roster of outstanding entertainers- including MC/DJs and "One of a Kind" Acoustic Acts.