Book Your Wedding with Spirit Mountain

A BALLROOM IN DULUTH, MN

Spirit Mountain is an indoor and outdoor ceremony and reception venue located in Duluth, Minnesota. Spirit Mountain is a year-round resort that offers skiing, snowboarding, mountain biking, an adventure park with a zip line and mountain coaster and camping sites, among other amenities. Couples can create a weekend retreat full of adventure and fun for their guests. Ceremony and reception sites include:

Wedding Deck. The outdoor wedding deck is handcrafted and offers a private ceremony setting with stunning views of the St. Louis River and Lake Superior.

The Slopeside Bar offers an indoor and outdoor location for drinks and appetizers between the ceremony and reception.

The Bear Paw is an indoor ceremony and reception site with a large dance floor and spectacular views of the St. Louis River, Duluth Aerial Lift Bridge and the Lake Superior Harbor. The large reception area can accommodate between 150 and 400 guests.

The Eagle's Nest is an accompanying space to the Bear Paw that couples can rent to accommodate large wedding parties.

The Moosehead is an indoor ceremony and reception site that can accommodate 100 to 150 guests. The space includes a copper-top bar, a floor-to-ceiling fireplace and views of the city and Lake Superior.

The Fireside is adjacent to the Moosehead and offers an intimate setting for couples and their guests. It works well as an accompanying space for photo booths or as a place to relax.

Spirit Mountain offers on-site catering and bar services, including servers and bartenders to work during the event. Catering options include hors d'oeuvres, customizable buffet dinners and varying desserts. Outside wedding cakes are allowed. Bar service options include:

• Champagne toast
  • Open or cash bar
  • House wine and liquor
  • Specialty beer
  • Premium liquor
  • Signature drink

Spirit Mountain also offers overnight accommodations so couples and their guests can enjoy several days on the mountain, before and after the wedding day. During the summer months, Spirit Mountain offers 73 campsites and two shower buildings for overnight guests. The campsites offer electricity, fire pits and picnic tables and 39 of the campsites offer water hook-ups. In the winter months or for those who prefer not to camp, overnight lodging is available at a number of nearby Duluth hotels and motels, including Mountain Villas, a slope-side lodge overlooking Spirit Mountain, the St. Louis River, Lake Superior and the city of Duluth.

Staff at Spirit Mountain works with couples on every aspect of their day, from creating a menu to choosing vendors to coordinating the event. Extra perks include:

• Bridal suite
  • On-site parking
  • Liability insurance
  • Wheelchair accessibility
  • Reception area

Say "I do-luth" at Spirit Mountain!

Spirit Mountain is a much sought-after wedding destination for both ceremonies and receptions. A wedding coordinator will be with you every step of the way to help you create your special day. We offer in-house catering with delicious food options and spaces that can be tailored and designed to perfectly accommodate your vision. With breathtaking views of Lake Superior and the St.Louis River as your backdrop, there really is no better place to start the rest of your forever than right here! Take the stress out of planning your perfect day and say "I Do-luth" at Spirit Mountain!

Ballroom, Hotel, Mountain

Bar + Drinks, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

9500 Spirit Mountain Pl., Duluth, MN (218) 624-8531

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Chelsea L

Everything at Spirit Mountain was so amazing. Our wedding turned out beautiful and we couldn't have asked for a better venue. Johannah was amazing to work with and went out of her way to make sure everything was perfect for us. We highly recommend this venue for your ceremony... Read More and reception!

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Jessica M

We had our wedding and reception at Spirit Mountain in June and it was truly wonderful. Johannah and the rest of the staff were great to work with and made sure everything ran smoothly. We received many compliments on the food after the dinner from our friends and relatives. And... Read More the view can't be beat!

Reviewed on 6/21/2016

Spirit Mountain was everything we could have hoped for in a reception site. The staff was phenomenal, and made the reception flow so smoothly. Johannah is outstanding, and so incredible to work with. She helped with anything we needed, right down to the little, tiny details, and... Read More was flexible, wanting to make things as easy for us as possible. We received so many compliments on how beautiful the Moosehead Room is, and everyone loved the buffet meal. We highly recommend Spirit Mountain and its staff!!

2016-06-21T15:08:50 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words!! We LOVE our Spirit Mountain Couples, and LOVE that you had an amazing experience by saying "I Do-luth" with Spirit Mountain!

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Alex U

Spirit mountain was a beautiful location for our ceremony and reception! they were also so helpful in the process of set up and planning. Our day was amazing thanks to their staff and support. (only downfall was a lag in communication when they switched coordinators) but all... Read More went smoothly

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Darilyn G

We were double booked for our special day, but the manager who took over the situation did everything they could to ensure our special day went off without any other glitches! The location was perfect and we were graced with beautiful weather!

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Todd H

Everything about the process was amazing. I would use this venue again in a SECOND. The food was delicious. They always answered all questions in a timely manner. The location is GORGEOUS. I can't sing the praises of this wedding venue enough. My favorite part was that they... Read More covered all food, alcohol, and event coordination. It was a seamless process and didn't require going through many different vendors. Also, it was a little nerve wracking being a gay couple getting married - you always worry about awkward reactions, the assumption of having a bride, etc...this venue was perfect. Never once did we feel uncomfortable.

Reviewed on 7/08/2017 Anna K

Couldn't have asked for a better reception! The staff was so helpful and easy to work with. The servers and bartenders were all friendly and attentive. Had absolutely no issues with planning, and everything went perfectly smoothly on our day. It was also one of the more... Read More affordable venues in Duluth, and one of the most beautiful. The food was delicious and they had a great vegetarian option. I really can't say enough good things about our experience with Spirit, it was perfect. We had our ceremony at Enger and a thunderstorm rolled through, and someone from Spirit called and offered to have us come early and hold our ceremony indoors. We ended up having the ceremony at Enger with pouring rain (it was very romantic) but just knowing they were thinking of us and were so accommodating was a wonderful feeling. Choose Spirit Mountain for your venue, you will love it!

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Melissa Z

Such a beautiful venue!! We couldn't have been happier having Spirit Mountain as our wedding venue! Most of our guests were out of town and were not very familiar with Duluth, so our guests loved that the ceremony, reception, and lodging (at the Villas) were all at Spirit... Read More Mountain. Johannah was so nice and easy to work with! I highly recommend having your wedding at Spirit Mountain! You won't regret it!!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Terese M

We had our ceremony and reception at Spirit Mountain last weekend. Everything was amazing and the view is breathtaking! I would have given 5 stars, but there were a couple communication issues where some details we had planned to have didn't get done. These slight changes ended... Read More up working in our favor though and the rest of the night went by seamlessly! Several guests came up to me and said that it was the best wedding they had ever been to! I would definitely recommend them for any major event!

Reviewed on 8/29/2016 Caroline F

It was an amazing day! Johannah worked so hard to make sure everything went perfectly and it did. Anytime I would ask a question or see if we could do or change something she found a way to make it happen and me happy. Sometimes when planning a wedding it's easy to get caught up... Read More in it and wonder if certain decisions are the right ones. Well at the end of the day there is no right and wrong, just what you like and can afford. Johannah made me feel like every choice I made was perfect and reassured me of the amazing day we were going to have.

Reviewed on 8/29/2016 Caroline F

Amazing venue!

Reviewed on 9/15/2014 Addy B

I would highly recommend Spirit Mountain to anyone having their wedding in Duluth. It's a beautiful venue with a great view and amazing prices. They cater in-house and the food is DELICIOUS, competitively priced compared to other Duluth caterers, and beautifully presented. The... Read More cost of the venue itself was the best we found in all of Duluth and included everything we needed. No extra charges for reception tables, chairs, or linens. We only had to pay for the ceremony chair rental. Nancy Waters was great, but she's super busy and a little hard to get a hold of at first. Don't give up! Ask for her cell phone because she always has it on her and picks up almost every time. I thought it would be weird having another couple getting married that same day there, but it was actually kind of fun! We didn't see them hardly at all (only from a distance during photos), and it was great to see someone else having just as great a time as us. Get married at Spirit! You won't regret it!

Wonderful service for our May wedding!

Reviewed on 6/24/2014 Amanda S

We are thrilled about our reception at Spirit Mountain! At first we weren't sure since it was on the higher end of our budget, but it definitely was worth the price. Heidi, Nancy, and the rest of the crew provided incredible service, and we barely had to think about the small... Read More details the weekend of the wedding. Due to changes in staff, we did switch wedding coordinators three times throughout the process, which was a little frustrating since we had to re-communicate everything, but Nancy and Heidi were great about making sure they had all the info they needed! The Bear Paw was wonderful for our reception and we received so many compliments about the room and the view!

Gorgeous view, perfect rustic venue!

Reviewed on 10/28/2013 Amber B

We are so, so grateful that we chose Spirit Mountain for our wedding venue! The view from both our outdoor wedding and our reception room was amazing (overlooks Lake Superior and the Twin Ports of Duluth and Superior) and everyone was just in awe of how pretty it was with the... Read More fall colors. We got married outside on their wedding deck, which was exactly what we wanted. The attention from the staff was absolutely amazing throughout the whole process, and I feel so fortunate to have had such wonderful people to work with. Everything was personalized and they had all the i's dotted and t's crossed so we didn't really have anything to worry about besides decorating! The food was also TO DIE FOR, and the chef(s) and serving staff really put a TON of effort into making it look and taste AMAZING! I highly recommend Spirit Mountain for anyone looking for a more rustic/natural/scenic wedding venue! :)

Breathtaking views.

Reviewed on 9/23/2013 Kelsie

We had our ceremony and reception at Spirit Mountain in September of 2013. It's an absolutely beautiful location, unmatched in the area. I rate it a 4 because there were some aspects that could have been made easier or more convenient for us, but overall it was a great... Read More experience.

July 20th 2013 Ceremony & Reception at Spirit Mountain

Reviewed on 8/29/2013 Holly A

I had both my ceremony and reception at Spirit Mountain in Duluth, MN. The event coordinator, Nancy, that I worked with was wonderful. She always responded promptly to my e-mails and was usually able to answer questions for me even if they did not pertain to Spirit Mountain... Read More specifically, for example where I could rent a keyboard piano from. The rental fees were the most affordable I could find in the Duluth area and the food and alcohol were priced appropriately for our location. The morning of the wedding the ceremony chairs and reception tables/chairs were all set-up exactly how I told Nancy and was quite pleased with their ability to fulfill my vision. The food was delicious and all of my guests were raving about it. My only complaint would be that we were NEVER told we would have to pay over $6000 on the spot immediately when the reception ended; we had been told an invoice would be put together and we would be billed following the reception, apparently that meant IMMEDIATELY after the ceremony, I'm talking 5 minutes after the music ended, staff was hounding my parents for the money.

Weddin hit!

Reviewed on 7/28/2013 Krista T

Had my wedding reception in the Bear paw and it was a wonderful experience. The food and staff were AMAZING!! Defiantly recommended for any kind of event.

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!

Reviewed on 10/03/2012 Renee T

So beautiful! I cried the first time I saw the room! Nancy Waters, special event manager, was so very helpful and awesome to work with. We were planning our special day from +1600 miles away, but we certainly didn't feel that extra pressure. Highly recommend this venue. View =... Read More AWESOME. Food = AWESOME. Everything = AWESOME. I would give it more stars if I could!!

Awesome place to get married!

Reviewed on 10/01/2012 Kelsey L

Spirit Mountain was a great place to get married! The view is absolutely breathtaking,and everyone raved about how delicious the food was! Nancy Waters the wedding coordinator was great, and the staff were all very professional. Spirit Mountain is a very popular place to get... Read More married in Duluth, and so it was very hard to get a date for our wedding less than a year out, which is the only negative to the place. I would recommend getting the Mountain Villas for the wedding party to stay in too.

Awesome venue!

Reviewed on 9/18/2012 Ashley T

Our wedding and reception were both held at Spirit Mountain and everything went very smoothly! The staff was helpful and I would recommend this venue to anyone!

Amazing Venue

Reviewed on 8/12/2012 Julia W

Beautiful view, amazing food, staff was polite and friendly. Highly recommend!

Beautiful

Reviewed on 12/11/2011 Amanda L

The food was amazing! The views were breathtaking! My guests had such a wonderful time at spirit mountain!

AMAZING

Reviewed on 10/25/2011 Michelle L

I can not say enough about how great spirit mountain staff was to work with! We had the most perfect day because of them! Of course the great weather helped!

AMAZING VENUE & FOOD

Reviewed on 10/07/2011 Maggie B

We could not have picked a better place to get married. We worked with Nancy Waters and she was AMAZING - so helpful and informative! Many of our guests were from out of town and they fell in LOVE with the view! You can not get married anywhere else in Duluth and get that view!... Read More We got married on the deck outside in September and it was perfect :) Another thing our guests were very impressed with was the FOOD! We had chicken chateau and carved beef and it was so good!! If you want to get married in the outdoors with the most amazing backdrop Spirit Mountain is the choice for you! We rented the bear baw chalet and it was plenty of space for 200 people. Spirit Mountain countinued to surprise with all the help they offered! Many of our friends have told us this was the BEST WEDDING EVER!!

Above Average - Would Use Again

Reviewed on 8/17/2011 Kayla D

Working with Spirit Mountain was a bit chaotic. At times it was difficult to get into contact with the Rep, but times you could call and email back and forth all day. There were a few minor changes that needed to be done at the last second, which were items they had gotten... Read More wrong or just forgotten to mention to me, but the changes went off without a hitch at the end. The view was absolutley amazing. The food was great, exactly what I wanted. The outside venue was excellent. Some of the exterior looks a bit run down, but the inside has a nice rustic feel. What you are getting is well worth the price. I felt I got an excellent deal and would have expected to pay more for what I got in the location.