Keeping the Spotlght on what's important to You!

WHY DO MORE COUPLES CHOOSE SPOTLIGHT EVENTS? Simply put, it’s the peace of mind that comes from knowing your special day will be handled by talented entertainers, each with over 25 years of successful events. We smoothly guide you and your guests through your dream wedding and reception, so you can celebrate all night long, completely worry-free. Because we do it right... your guests will be engaged throughout the evening. Your friends and family will be immersed in your celebration. They’re left breathless, with a memory of a truly special evening, while you’re showered with compliments. We are dedicated to exceeding expectations by making your vision a reality and providing fresh ideas for a celebration that you, your family, and your your friends will remember forever! *MIC DROP*

African, Arabic, Bollywood, Caribbean, Celtic, Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Flamenco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Indian, Jazz, Latin, Mariachi, Polka, Pop, R&B, Rock, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Planning, Audio/Visual Equipment, Equipment

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100

Wisconsin, Northern Illinois, and beyond! (608) 276-9500

Reviewed on 5/17/2016

I can't say enough great things about Russell with Spotlight Events. He was personable, professional, and innovative. He was so much more then a DJ. He was a true entertainer. In my opinion, the DJ/music can make or break a reception. Russell did not disappoint. He went through... Read More everything with us and included everything we asked for. He had all of our guests engaged in the reception and dance activities. All of our guests had a blast and still talk about our reception as being one of the most fun weddings they have ever been to. I highly recommend Spotlight Events.

Reviewed on 12/13/2016 TJ R

We cannot begin to thank you for all your help with the wedding. You were not just a DJ, but an entertainer with great advice! I’m glad we listened to your input & suggestions. Our day went very smoothly and everyone had so much fun. We both have had so many compliments about... Read More how great a job you did. You felt like more of a wedding planner to us because you made everything so easy. We would recommend your services any day & already I’ve had 3 people ask for your phone number. We look forward to listening to our voiceover. Perhaps we will make it a yearly ritual on our anniversary. The music played during the reception was exceptional because you played all the songs we wanted to hear. Music definitely makes an occasion & everyone wants us to have another celebration down the road for anniversaries because they had so much fun. Even my grandma was dancing; I’ve never seen that! Our friends kept saying after the wedding how they’ve never had as much fun as they did at ours. Truly memorable! We can’t thank you enough and are 100% satisfied for the services we received. Thank you, Russell, for creating such a wonderful day for us! TJ & Katie Roth

Reviewed on 5/11/2016

Greg's services were outstanding, and worry free. He really went above and beyond at our wedding last September. He was ready for anything, rain or shine (it stormed for us). He had a few surprises up his sleeve that we hadn't thought we needed or planned for, but ended up... Read More being perfect, and totally memorable. I wouldn't have had it any other way.

2016-11-17T21:14:14 Response from the vendor

Thanks, Dan. You and Stephanie make a great couple. Congrats on your new little bundle of joy.

Reviewed on 11/17/2017 Katelynn C

We had so many guests who were blown away by everything Russell offered. He is able to bring plenty of interesting options that can make your reception so unique. The crowd is definitely entertained throughout the night and he really plays a great selection of music. Russell... Read More takes the time to get to know you and offers you so much advice and great thoughts.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Bekka M

Spotlight Events did an absolutely amazing job!!! I recommend them to everyone!! If you are looking for an entertainment that will go over and above all of your expectations, Spotlight Events is where you need to turn! Russell, with Spotlight Events, literally pours his heart... Read More and soul into making your special day perfect. He really helps you to plan a timeline for the day of your wedding. Russell really focuses on what your expectations are for the reception. We wanted a memorable reception where everyone was dancing the entire night dancing. Russell did such an amazing job with fun and upbeat music selection that was fun for all ages - we had people on the dance floor the entire time! We also did the voice-over/love story for our first dance it was so much fun to make and such a surprise and fun to listen to! Since he has so many years of experience he told us that we should do our first dance right after the grand march, which was such an amazing idea!! Spotlight Events had the lighting system absolutely perfect. Russell got to our reception hall really early the day of our wedding to make sure that he had all of the sound system and lighting just perfect -and he did!!! Also, as guests were arriving to the reception he was so accommodating and after the wedding party arrived, such a huge help with making sure everything kept flowing. He made sure to make announcements as to when we were arriving, cutting cake, etc. Spotlight Events was the absolute best DJ service I have ever seen and heard and I wouldn't change a thing!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Claudia L

We hired Russell (Spotlight Events) for my daughter’s event in August and were just blown away! Everything was meticulously planned; weeks beforehand, Russell had laid out a suggested flow for the evening and gave us great advice about timing various activities. He made a custom... Read More dinner-music mix themed to the party to add to the atmosphere while guests were enjoying the meal. The Spotlight Voice Over during the Father/Daughter dance got such an emotional response from our guests that some of them are still talking about it months later. The dance mix kept everyone involved all night long and so many of our guests told us that this was by far the best DJ they had ever experienced. We agree wholeheartedly!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Jenny T

I can't say enough good things about Russell. Your DJ will make or break your event, and he definitely made ours. We have received so many compliments on our choice of DJ. He kept the party going and made sure the dance floor was always full. He checked in with us throughout... Read More the night to make sure we were happy with how things were going. He provided entertainment for our guests, either with mini bike races or dancing behind his booth (seriously, so fun to watch!). We chose to do the voice over "love story" for our first dance. This was the highlight of our event and I'm so thankful to have that recording to keep forever. Russell was a bit out of our budget but he was worth every penny.

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Sara A

Russ was such an asset at my sister's wedding! He went above and beyond all of our expectations and was incredibly accommodating. He ensured that all of the guests were happy and having a good time. Russ really works hard to make sure your day goes smoothly! Plus the photobooth... Read More is easy to work and such a fun way for your guests to leave their mark! I would highly recommend his services.

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Cassie D

Russ was truly the backbone to our wedding. He coordinated with our other vendors and kept things running smoothly so I didn’t have to worry about anything. Our guests loved the photo booth and beautiful lighting he provided, and when my husband and I didn’t feel entirely... Read More comfortable with the Voice Over Love Story during our first dance, he coordinated with our parents to do Voice Overs during our father daughter and mother son dances. Family is so important to us and we loved that he knew that and was able to incorporate it so beautifully into our day. He had a variety of music choices and went over everything with us in advance to make sure we kept the party going all night. He was even able to incorporate some of our weirder music choices so our reception was very “us”. I would 100% recommend Spotlight Events to everyone!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Dawn L

First, Russell I would like to thank you for making my daughter and son-in-law's wedding reception memorable! Two years of planning for the perfect wedding day all started with Russell, dj from Spotlight Events. He welcome the bride and groom into the studio of his home where... Read More he personally got to know each one of them. On the day of the wedding, many of the wedding guests commented on how they were taken back that the dj had greeted them at the door making them feel welcome. I have attended many wedding receptions where the dj plays music but the guests do not dance. This was not the case. The reception was so much fun and the music was excellent for all ages. Keeping the dance floor full the entire evening. I would highly recommend Spot Events! Thank you Russell.

Reviewed on 1/18/2017 Will A

Working with Russell from Spotlight Events was an absolute pleasure. As a best man to one of two joyful brides planning a wedding on only 6 weeks notice, I found his expertise as a planner, master of ceremonies, and entertainer to be invaluable. The services he provided -... Read More including playlist and activity customization, multimedia recording and editing, and follow-up - genuinely blew me away. Russell's first priority is to tie the emotions of such a big, important day in to his shows while demonstrating sincere caring and respect. In this case, he was highly successful! The ladies' reception was one of the happiest and most fun parties I have ever been to, and, being on New Year's Eve, there was some anxiety about guests leaving early. We needn't have worried! The reception was engaging and family friendly without being childish, and Russell continued to perform after his scheduled departure time, as about two-thirds of the guests remained until the final song. Though he may cost a little more than other options, I found Russell and Spotlight Events to be worth every penny.

Reviewed on 12/29/2016 Gretchen W

We met Russ, of Spotlight Events, at the Bridal Expo in Madison just after getting engaged, about a year and a half before our wedding. We were just going to get ideas with no intention of choosing anyone or anything on that day. Russ politely caught our attention and brought us... Read More in to hear about something “you wouldn’t see anywhere else.” Our interest was piqued, but we weren’t sure if it would live up to the hype. Russ had us listen to another couple’s first dance song - with the twist that the couple did a voice over telling their individual love story throughout the song. The outcome was sentimental and touching. Fast forward a year and we have a date, a location, almost all of our vendors booked - except for a DJ. We immediately thought of Russ and the great impression he made on us that day. We set up a meeting with Russ and booked him that same day. We were impressed by the level of one-on-one customization he was willing to go through and the personal touches he made to make us feel like our wedding reception would be a hit. We are both introverted people and our biggest fear was that the dance floor would be empty. Russ reassured us that would not be a problem and we fortunately made the great decision to trust him. We met with Russ a number of times leading up to the wedding to work on our playlist and custom First Dance / Voice-Over. You really need to hear an example of his work to realize how special this is. Fast forward again, to our wedding day, and Russ continued to go above and beyond, for not only us, but for all of our guests. Our cocktail hour was outside and it was a warm 80+ degrees and he was walking around making sure everyone had a drink in hand, offering myself and my husband a number of much needed glasses of water to keep us hydrated! Our First Dance was a hit and saying there wasn’t a dry eye in the house isn’t even an exaggeration! Everyone was so impressed and wanted to hear more about how we had done it! As a bonus, if you’re nervous about your first dance - you don’t have to be, with Russ executing your song like this, everyone will be so captivated by the romantic moment that they won’t notice your lack of dance skills :) After dinner, the start of the dance went off without a hitch, as Russ engaged our guests and got them all, and I mean ALL, out on the floor! We have the pictures to prove it! And to think we were genuinely concerned that no one but our closest friends would be out there with us! Russ had a number of surprises and activities that flowed smoothly and kept everyone entertained. By the end of the night, we were so pleased with how well everything had gone and didn’t want to let it end - in big part to Russ’s involvement! We are so glad that we trusted him and invested in such a skilled DJ, so that we could have such a perfect night. Spotlight Events was worth every penny!

Reviewed on 12/17/2016 Nicki U

Words cannot express how thankful we are that we had Russell a part of our wedding day. We truly appreciate everything he did for us during our wedding reception and even the months leading up to it. He has some of the best ideas we’ve ever seen! Russ is very gifted and we... Read More are grateful that he shared his talents with us and our guests. The reception was everything we imagined and more! We definitely have him to thank for that! We received more compliments than we ever expected and are still receiving them!! (2 years later!!) We still have friends and family telling us how much fun they had and are still laughing about the table chase and mini-bicycles. The sing-a-long was a hit too! So many great memories!! These guys won't let you down!!

Reviewed on 12/08/2016 Amanda I

People still rave about our wedding even 9 months later! We loved working with Russell - he was so attentive to detail, and even brought up things to decide on beforehand that we never would have thought of. He was extremely considerate of our wishes and so intent on getting... Read More everything laid out perfectly. We HIGHLY recommend them!

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Amanda C

We were very displeased with our DJ services offered by Russell. From being rude to the grooms father to forgetting detailed things at the wedding service to playing the wrong song for father daughter dance! This DJ was a train wreck! Would not recommend this DJ nor his... Read More services! Don't be fooled by his impressive talk! For this DJ's price tag you can do much better!

2016-11-17T21:10:24 Response from the vendor

I am sorry you were unhappy with my performance, especially since, as a family friend, I was so looking forward to it. We take client satisfaction seriously & try to take proactive steps to prevent the issues you describe. One important step is having planning... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Nicole H

Greg has been great to interact with and has been very helpful.

2016-11-17T21:10:59 Response from the vendor

It has been my pleasure!

Reviewed on 5/26/2016

If you want your guests to still be talking about your reception/dance YEARS after the event took place, THESE ARE THE GUYS TO GET! Russell was the DJ for our wedding and he was worth every single penny. From the beginning of the event until the last song of the night, he had... Read More everyone on the dance floor - EVERYONE. Including my 80+ year old grandma and she loved every second! I was able to meet with him a couple of times before our reception to "fine tune" our entire event. I appreciated so much that he really took the time to make our party our own, and not just do a cookie cutter event and have my wedding be just like everyone else's wedding. I was able to black-list songs (I had no interest in making my guests do the hokey pokey) and was even able to customize our first dance song. Everything about our night was perfect and we owe almost all of that to the great job Russell with Spotlight Events did. Hands down best choice of my entire wedding experience (second only to my choice of the groom) :)

2016-11-17T21:12:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the gracious review. May you lives be blessed and your love grow forever.

Reviewed on 5/16/2016 l j

We were more than fortunate to have Russ as the DJ at our wedding. I use the term DJ lightly because he was so much more than that. He was our wedding planner and support system throughout the entire wedding planning process. Russ was able to give us amazing advice because he... Read More has seen what works and what doesn't, yet he was never pushy. We had some very specific requests with our reception which Russ gladly honored. In return provided some fun substitutes to the more traditional wedding reception songs/events. . At the time of reception, Russ took it upon himself to greet guests at the door and make sure they were pointed in right direction. He took professionalism to a whole new level. . We had some very hard to impress people at our wedding tell us that it was the most fun and classiest wedding they have ever been to. We owe much of this to Russ and his amazing insight, support, and advice. . I would recommend Russ to anyone getting ready for a big event. He will take your gathering to a whole new level that you never thought possible. He helped to make one of the most amazing days of our lives absolutely perfect.

Reviewed on 5/15/2016

Best wedding reception ever! We had a blast and the music got everyone involved in our party from age 1 to 101. It was truly amazing!

2016-11-17T21:13:16 Response from the vendor

Woo-Hoo! Thanks! That's exactly what we were aiming for. All our best to you both!

Reviewed on 3/30/2016

This was the best part of our Wedding. He sat down and listened to us and really worked with us. We wanted a very fun reception and at one point my Grandmother was dancing with a Feather Boa!! All the kids loved it, he really keeps the show going. That's what we wanted but I... Read More really liked him and he was good about really taking the time and listening to us personally. If you want someone just to make sure everyone is having a great time and dancing he plays great dancing tunes for all ages. I felt very special. For our songs we picked really weird songs for Father Daughter and My Husband and I and he went and found what we wanted. Can't recommend him More.

2016-11-17T21:15:47 Response from the vendor

We were wondering where that feather boa went! (Kidding). Thank you so much for your review. We wish you all the best.

Reviewed on 3/30/2016

Russell Welch with Spotlight Events was the DJ at my wedding and he was AMAZING!!!!!! I could not have asked for a better experience! Russell sat down with us and really listened to our needs and music style. I absolutely loved the fact that he asked how much involvement we... Read More wanted him to have at the reception and then gave you choices and examples of what he meant. We choose maximum involvement and WOW we had a blast!!! He had the groomsman racing the best man on a mini bike. The men at my wedding sang My Girl to me while he sang up prop cards behind me. He had a kiss off between my parents and the groom. I am a teacher so making children happy goes a long way with me. Russell had a children's song where he taught them dance moves along to the music. Throughout the wedding he made my husband Adam and I look amazing by making statements like "Gina and Adam would like you to..." He was so supportive and really did beyond the call of duty for a DJ without being in your face. He even took care of things we hadn't thought about. For example we had Goldfish at each table and what were we gonna do with all these fish? He gave them away in a game he made up around the tables. Anyone and everyone that attended my wedding always says they remember the DJ and that our wedding was the most fun of any wedding they have ever attended. Hands down the best in the business!!!!!! Look no further Russell Welch with Spotlight events will NOT let you down!!!! I have actually heard him called the "Godfather" of DJ's!

2016-11-17T21:18:31 Response from the vendor

Your kind words warm my heart. Thank you so much. (I had planned to have the mini-bike races and the goldfish giveaway at the same time, but the fish refused.)

Reviewed on 3/09/2016 Lindsay N

Russell Welch from Spotlight Events was our DJ (and so much more) for our wedding on August 8, 2015. When I describe Russell and his services to family and friends I always say that he is not just a DJ. Instead he is an artist. He mixes music so that your guests will NEVER want... Read More to leave the dance floor. Not only did I have the opportunity to work with Russell for my wedding, but I was also a guest at a wedding that he DJ'd for and it was the best wedding we had ever been to. Russell will set up a meeting with you and go over all of the music that he (or the three of you) have selected for the evening. He also does amazing voiceovers for first dance songs which was something my guests were extremely impressed by. Our parents both commented on how personable Russell was and how impressed they were with all the "extra" things he did throughout the day/night to make everything run so smoothly. For example, he continually brought guests drinks from the bar, passed around mints after dinner, prepared drinks for the bridal party before the grand march, and SO much more. Hands down, Russell is an amazing DJ, entertainer, and artist. I would HIGHY recommend Russell for your next event.

2016-11-17T21:21:22 Response from the vendor

Wow! With a review like that, I am tempted to hire myself! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Trusting me to entertain your family and friends on your wedding day means the world to me.

Meet The Manager

Greg and Nathan Ostrowsky

Our father/son MC/DJ team.