Honest and Artistic Photography

With a background in fine art, Sara Stadtmiller strives to bring an unobtrusive, straightforward, creative approach to each wedding.

Artistic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Engagement, Trash The Dress

Getting Engaged, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Photo, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Wedding Albums

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100

527 Bangs Ave., Asbury Park, NJ Tri-state area (732) 682-1795

Without a doubt, our FAVORITE wedding vendor - SRS Photography!

Reviewed on 9/01/2015 Krista D

Sara is simply 'the best'! She is just so easy to work with - from our initial conversations about the different photo packages and what worked for our budget, to coordinating the engagement photo shoot, to her phenomenal job at the wedding, we really loved every second of... Read More working with Sara. In fact, We truly think of her as a good friend who wanted the best for us - we could tell that she really cares about her work and her clients. I can't stress this point enough, but she made every step simple to navigate. She is organized and proactive. We worked with a long list of vendors for the wedding, but working with Sara was by far the easiest. I never had to worry about anything picture related - she is a true professional. She was so 'on point' with everything. And her photographic style is just stunning - she is one talented lady! She captured such intimate and candid moments without ever being intrusive - very natural. We didn't even know she was there most of the time. Sara managed the wedding party seamlessly. We were a large group, but she kept us on track, while ensuring to capture key photos. We are beyond happy with our photos and have so many to choose from - and this is certainly a good problem to have. You will not regret working with Sara. We would pick her a million times over!!!

2015-10-20T08:04:09 Response from the vendor

WOW!!! Krista-this is just about the best review could have ever hoped for! My goal is to make my clients this happy!! Thank you so much for trusting me!!!!!!!

Best part of our wedding!

Reviewed on 8/24/2015 Emily M

I wish I had the right words to express how happy James and I are with Sara. From the moment we met Sara, to the engagement photo shoot, to receiving our pictures, we have been beyond thrilled. She has made us feel like the most special bride and groom - if there was one... Read More person looking out for us during our planning it was Sara! And of course - her photography is beautiful! I have had so many comments and many of my friends have been quite jealous that my pictures turned out the way they did. For me, this vendor was most important because these pictures are what remind you and your significant other of what an amazing day your wedding truly was. And Sara gave us that - I can't thank her enough. I could go on and on but I also know Sara's work speaks for itself!

2015-08-25T07:54:49 Response from the vendor

Emily!! Thanks so much!! It was such a pleasure getting to know you and James and to be a part of your big day!!! xoxoxo

Amazing Wedding Photos

Reviewed on 10/20/2013 Katie F

Sara from SRS Photography did a fabulous job documenting my wedding. Sara is so sweet and easy to work with. The entire bridal party had a blast taking photos. I'm not really comfortable in front of a camera, but Sara made me feel at easy. She is great at capturing those special... Read More candid moments and her photos are not the stuffy staged photos. I definitely recommend SRS Photography for your wedding photography needs!!!

Reviewed on 3/09/2018 Maria C

Sara and Team were a pleasure to work with! Sara is an absolute pro and had so many tips and tricks both for getting the best pictures along with wedding day tips that I didn't even think of. I am glad her and her team were part of my wedding day! The Pictures are beautiful... Read More and she truly capture the feeling of the day. I highly recommend SRS Photography. I can not wait to receive our Wedding Book :)

2018-03-09T14:50:50 Response from the vendor

Such an honor to be a part of such an incredible day!! Thank you for having us!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Anne R

We feel so lucky to have had the chance to work with Sara (and her assistant, Dave) as our wedding photographer . From our very first interaction, Sara was both professional and approachable. She was terrific about communicating with us both before and after our wedding. We... Read More talked with her in person, through email, on the phone, and via Skype. The day of our wedding was a rainy mess. We had to create a new plan as to where we would take photographs. Sara and Dave were so positive. They really set us at ease. Despite the rain and our huge, hectic families, the photographs are so beautiful and fun. We especially love all of the candid photos they took during the reception. We will truly treasure these photos forever and are so grateful to Sara and Dave for all of their hard work and talent!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Julie M

We could not be happier with our choice to have Sara as the photographer for our wedding. From a personal standpoint, she is down to earth, friendly, easy to talk to and get along with. She really took the time to get to know us and learn about our families. From a professional... Read More standpoint, she is in a league of her own – organized, flexible and thoughtful with the experience to really back it all up. Sara helped us outline the timeline for our photo session, which my husband and I really needed and appreciated. Everything went so smoothly thanks to her organization; she and her partner Dave were able to keep things on schedule and moving along while maintaining a kind and patient presence with us and our families. During the reception Sara was on top of things, demonstrating that she really listened to what was important to us, such as pulling us aside to capture the special shots with family and friends we had asked for. Best of all, she turned around the photos in a short amount of time, and they are AMAZING! Sara and Dave really have an eye for capturing the big events while finding the quiet moments as well. The photos are bright and clear and capture the day in the most beautiful way. Thank you for everything, Sara. We love you!

2018-03-09T17:47:25 Response from the vendor

Best review!! Thank you so much!!! Love you guys!! <3

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Sara M

Sara and Dave photographed our wedding in September. in Manhattan. We just got the pictures back this week, and they are so beautiful and special, that I spent an hour looking at them while crying and laughing!! For the months leading up to the wedding, Sara kept in touch and... Read More GREATLY helped us to plan a smart and relaxed timeline for the day to ensure that we could capture all of the photos that we wanted. We traveled to a few different spots in the city, and Sara and Dave did an amazing job coordinating and directing our large bridal party and family pictures, so that we were able to get in the most pictures in quickly! Once at the reception, Sara and Dave were able to capture the energy and fun of the party, and seemingly blended right into the crowd. They caught so many beautiful moments between family and friends. We truly appreciate and love the team and the photos!! Thanks again!!!

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Danielle M

Sara and Dave photographed our wedding and it was perfect! They arrived on time, made sure to get all of the family and friends shots that we wanted and got a ton of dance floor shots without us even noticing they were there. The photos came out beautifully and we would highly... Read More recommend SRS photography!

2017-10-22T08:49:37 Response from the vendor

Thanks, Danielle! It was a pleasure being part of such a relaxed and romantic day! Congrats again to you and Paul!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Melissa H

Before I can even comment on the day of, I have to say that Sara helped us with some major decisions early on about the timeline that I had never even thought of! With her help we came up with a flexible but important timeline for the events of the day. Since we were having... Read More the ceremony and reception at the same location, breaking away for some photos was going to take some planning. Now, that being said, the ceremony started an hour late, then was ended before it was actually supposed to, my husband and I ended up walking out instead of taking pictures with family, then the whole next 2 hours of the schedule were done backwards, it was a little insane. I honestly have to say what kept me smiling and not caring was that Sara kept us rolling through it all, taking pictures but also getting us back on the timeline with all of the shots we wanted. Then when we got all the photos back and got to see how seamless and magical it all looked it was a reminder of what an amazing and beautiful day our Wedding Day was! If you already love the look and quality of Sara's portfolio and are just wondering if she'll be the right "person" - SHE IS!!!

2017-10-22T08:51:27 Response from the vendor

Haha! This is my favorite! Thank you so much!! xoxoxo

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 L A

As we approach our one year wedding anniversary, we continue to be so thrilled we found Sara to take our wedding photos. Not only did our photos come out beautifully – Sara is so kind and a wonderful person. She captured every important moment of our wedding – and even got us to... Read More take sunset photos on the beach after our vows! Throughout the whole day, we never noticed Sara or her team (in a good way). They never got in the way or forced any cheesy photos, which is something we did not want during our special day. Sara is not only a wedding photographer, she is an artist – and this shows through her photos. We keep getting compliments to this day about how beautiful and happy our photos are. Sara also introduced us to a videographer and they worked together wonderfully. Thank you, Sara and team, for capturing our special day!

2017-09-14T08:28:13 Response from the vendor

Aw! Thank you so much! Your wedding day was one of my faves! Thanks for taking the time to do this and good luck on all your new adventures!

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Matthew M

There was one area of our wedding that my wife was unwilling to compromise on, and that was the photography. Everything else, food, flowers, music, those were temporary, but the photographs will hopefully outlast us and be enjoyed by our great grandchildren. For this reason,... Read More we are lucky to have met Sarah. From the get go, she was flexible and easy to work with, and made a point to make sure she knew what we wanted well in advance. The photographs were all excellent, and all of our guests were photographed. Engagement photographs were great as well. We are both completely satisfied, and will happily recommend Sarah and David for future weddings. One specific point I would like to make, when my wife and I attended other weddings, we both were bothered when ceremonies were interrupted by the wedding photographer, or they were too intrusive throughout the party. We both told Sarah we did not want a photo shoot, but for her to document the wedding as it truly happened. We are fortunate Sarah knew exactly the perfect balance of not being intrusive while capturing every authentic aspect of the wedding. We were able to enjoy our special day and have great photographs for the future.

2017-09-14T08:28:39 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Matthew!

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Ashley T

I couldn't have asked for a more personable and down to earth photographer. Saying Sara is talented is an understatement. She has a great eye for natural, candid moments. Every time I look at all of the pictures, I feel like it was just yesterday.

Reviewed on 8/18/2017 MaryBeth K

We could not have been more pleased with Sara Stadtmiller and SRS Photography for our wedding day photos. Right from the start, Sara was a pleasure to work with. She was very responsive and really professional. She listened to our situation and suggested a customized package... Read More for us, having a second photographer for only a portion of the day when it was needed. We appreciated that she didn't want us to overspend when we didn't need to. During our initial meeting, she took really good notes and documented our wishes for how our day should go and who we wanted in the photographs. This helped throughout the whole process and made the day of the wedding go very smoothly as she was prepared and organized. We really appreciated how comfortable she made us feel and we never had to stress about the photography for our wedding. Best of all, the photographs are beautiful!! Sara candidly captured the emotions of our special day and we never felt posed or unnatural. Her photos are very creative and we were really impressed with how she was able to handle the bright sunlight conditions of noon-time June wedding. We highly recommend Sara and SRS photography!

2017-09-14T08:29:40 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! I'm honored to have been part of your big day!!

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Lindsey M

Sara is AMAZING! I can't say enough good things about her :) When my husband and I first met with her it was such an easy process. She was so easy to talk to, and really understood what our vision was for our wedding. We had a long engagement and she was always keeping in touch... Read More with us throughout the process. We met in person with her once more before the actual wedding to go over logistics and specific photos we wanted taken. The day of the wedding went so smoothly thanks to Sara. We recently got our photos back and my husband and I were commenting that we didn't even know that she had taken half of the photos she took because she did such a good job of not being in our faces, but getting every single photo we wanted. Every person we shared the photos with said that there was not one bad photo, and I could not agree more! I can't even pick one favorite, they are all my favorite :) Sara is so easy to talk to, and very calm, which is necessary on your wedding day! She really knows what she is doing. I could go on for days about how great and professional Sara was!

Reviewed on 12/11/2016 Amy A

We were SO lucky to have found Sara to shoot our wedding. Not only is she incredibly talented, but she is truly an amazing person who was super easy and fun to work with. Choosing a photographer was the most important piece of planning our wedding. From the moment we met Sara,... Read More we knew we had found someone special! The entire day flowed so smoothly because of her. She was a huge help and I was so grateful for her that day! Every single little detail that was important to us on our special day was captured beautifully through her photos. I cannot say enough positive things about our experience with SRS photography. Sara's work is simply amazing, and we are beyond pleased with our photos!!! Thank you, Sara, from the bottom of our hearts! Love, Amy & Sandy

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Paige-Leigh Z

My husband and I just got married in October 2016, and we couldn't be more grateful to have had Sara capture our day so perfectly! From the moment I met Sara, I knew that we would be in wonderfully talented hands! Not only is Sara super fun and easy-going (it was so much fun to... Read More have Sara ride in the limo with the bridesmaids!!), she is completely organized and kept us right on track! We have had such a lovely time looking at all of the wonderful moments she caught on film. Now, the only problem is - how do we narrow down 800 amazing photos?!?! Many thanks, Sara!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Robert C

I can offer no higher recommendation. Sarah and Dave were brilliant, responsive, intuitive, and above all very professional. Planning a wedding is very stressful: despite it being the brides day, there are so many decisions she has to make and balances to strike. Sarah was so... Read More very accommodating. understanding, and intuitive about planning and choosing the choice of pictures. Everything turned out beautifully composed and shot. Dave and Sarah worked great together too. Other than the obvious posed shots, we didn't even notice them working. They somehow managed to capture "classic/characteristic" gestures and stances of our family and guests. Dave visited me and my best man while we were getting ready and added some levity and kept things moving which kept the butterflies calm- especially pinning those boutonnieres to our lapels without drawing blood :) As I said in my opening sentence, I could not recommend them any stronger. I would not hesitate in the least to book them for your wedding. Sit and talk with Sarah for 20 minutes and you'll see what I mean. Thank you Sarah and Dave for capturing the special moments of our special day.

2016-10-31T10:17:12 Response from the vendor

Thanks, Bob!! So grateful to be a part of such a sweet day <3

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Danielle S

Hiring Sara as our wedding photographer was easily one of the best decisions we made during the wedding planning process. Sara is super kind and laid back, but also a true professional and an unbelievably hard worker. From our engagement photo session, which ended up feeling... Read More like one of the best dates I had ever been on because she made us feel so comfortable, to our wedding day, which truly was the best day of my life, we could not have asked for a more talented or down-to-earth professional. Our wedding photos captured every sweet moment and then plenty of candid moments, which ended up being some of our favorite photos. The day goes by so quickly, so it's important to hire someone who knows how to capture moments big and small. We got married in the Chapel at Sandy Hook, and she brought an incredible team with her who kept us laughing and smiling all day and night. There is a gorgeous portrait of our family hanging in my mother-in-law's living room that is a testament to the quality of Sara's work, before, during and after our wedding. She is the best!

2016-10-31T10:19:01 Response from the vendor

WOW!! This means so much! Thank you D&S!!! xoxoxoxoxo

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Dina C

Sara Stadtmiller of SRS Photography is my go to photographer for all the important moments of my life both personally and professionally. She has shot my wedding, my pregnancy, the birth of my son and our first family photos. In addition she has been my photographer for my... Read More career as a yoga teacher. for almost 10 years. Her attention to detail and the ability to capture "just the right moment" are just some of the reasons I love her work. Sara as a person is dedicated to her craft and has many long standing clients which speaks to her talent and desire to make all of her clients happy and proud of the pictures she creates for them. She is top notch!!

2016-10-28T09:38:26 Response from the vendor

Aw! Thank you, Dina! It's been such a treat to document so much of your awesome life! xoxoxoxo

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Kat C

Sara was AWESOME! with her warm and calm personality. Anticipation and excitement were running high and then Sara walked in. She put us all at ease and captured the true beauty and love of our wedding! She was more than amazing to work with!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Brittany D

We were so incredibly lucky to get SRS Photography to do our July wedding. Working with Sara was easy and stress free from the beginning. We spoke on the phone and met in person to figure exactly what we wanted for our big day... and wow did she deliver. With the help of Dave... Read More and Jen (also wonderful personalities), we got wedding photos that exceeded our expectations. The turn-around time was quick, and the quality is second to none. They captured our personalities and vision for the day perfectly. We have had so much fun going back to our pictures time and time again to relive the day. We could not be more thankful to Sara and her team for giving us these beautiful memories. We HIGHLY recommend SRS Photography. This will be the most stress-free and personal vendor you will find for your wedding day.

2016-10-04T10:23:30 Response from the vendor

Thank you!!! It was an honor to be a part of your day <3

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Donna M

Sara is one of a kind! She took so much time guiding me through this mad, mad world of matrimony. Her patience and kindness made my day easier than I could have imagined. She was professional, yet made me feel like old friends. My husband and I felt so comfortable in her care.... Read More She is a true gem!

2016-10-04T10:23:54 Response from the vendor

thank you!!

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Christina D

We found SRS Photography through our wedding venue and we are SO HAPPY we chose her as our photographer. The entire process from the initial meeting to establishing our day-of timeline weeks before the wedding was so effortless. We instantly knew we were in great hands and we... Read More could not be happier with how our photographs turned out. I look at them far more often than I care to admit and I am grateful to have these vivid and stunning memories of the day. Sara also did our engagement shoot and working with her was so much fun. I can't wait to order our albums and will cherish these photos forever. I can't recommend SRS Photography enough if you are looking for a fantastic wedding photographer!!

Reviewed on 8/28/2016 Dave V

Sara and Dave made our wedding perfect! They were go professional and knew exactly what to do! They are amazing and do wonderful work. Use SRS photography!

2016-08-29T08:20:38 Response from the vendor

thank you!!! <3

Reviewed on 1/13/2016

I cannot even begin to express how wonderful Sara is. From the moment we met, it was clear that she would do everything possible to ensure our photos were picture perfect. Sara took the time to get to know us and to make us feel at ease. Her professionalism is beyond... Read More reproach. Sara made every effort to make the family and wedding photo session run smoothly and according to schedule. Her pictures of the ceremony and of the reception are exceptional. Best of the Best!

Sara Stadtmiller

I am an NJ-based photographer, working and exhibiting for over a decade. As a working artist, I bring a fine-art approach to all my professional photography.