Be.You.tiful

St. James Salon has been a Santa Rosa staple since ’95. The business is family owned and operated by original owner Wade and his daughter Lauren. Lauren and Koree own and manage the bridal side of the salon as an awesome mother-daughter duo! Whether you’re a regular, a long-time friend, or a new customer, we welcome everyone as family!

Beauty Group Bookings, Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Eyelash Extensions, Makeup, Makeup Artists, Nails, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Facials, Waxing, Beauty

4851 Old Redwood Hwy., Santa Rosa, CA (707) 535-0636

Beautiful bridal hair and make-up!

Reviewed on 1/19/2016 Shelby C

Lauren and her team did my hair and make-up for my engagement photos and wedding (she also cuts my hair regularly - that's great too!). I showed a picture of what I sort of wanted and she was creative and I loved it! They all did an incredible job and were very professional and... Read More fun. I asked them to do hair and make-up for 10 bridesmaids, myself, two flower girls, and mother of the groom. Everyone looked beautiful. On the wedding day, the team came to us, was on time, and even finished early! They were great about working with some really picky bridesmaids and Lauren was patient working with me to set up the logistics while I worked in Africa before the wedding (she's a good mix of patient and assertive when it comes to working with scatter-brained brides. Also very responsive to last minute changes - she's super organized). All the girls' make-up looked natural, but still perfect for an evening winery wedding. I was so so impressed with some of the hair styles! Girls with thin straight hair somehow looked like the had amazing curls in their up-dos! I highly recommend Lauren and this fun team. Very fairly priced as well!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Alexandra E

Working with Lauren was so amazing. She always responded promptly to all my emails, which was ALOT! She never seemed annoyed by my silly questions. I was planning most of my wedding in Nashville, TN, she made the experience as stress free as possible. My mom and I did our... Read More trial hair and makeup with Arden and Lauren and ended up making minor changes, I am so glad we did the trial. Day of, Lauren brought her team to my hotel suite and they did their magic! They were on time and got all 10 of us hair and makeup beautifully done! I now see Lauren for my normal hair cuts and dyes! I would HIGHLY recommend this salon for your special day!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Melissa G

St. James Salon provided the best experience I ever could have imagined for my bridal hair and makeup service! Lauren and Arden were a dream to work with for so many reasons, and I highly recommend them as a phenomenal bridal styling team. My wedding was in two parts: we... Read More eloped to Maui with just a tiny intimate group, then had a large celebration back at home in the wine country after we returned. Given that I've had the pleasure of being Lauren's client for a while now, St. James Salon was an easy pick as my bridal hair & makeup vendor for my reception here at home. However, when she heard we were having the ceremony in Maui beforehand, she immediately offered to bring her team to Maui and provide services for me and the other ladies of my family. I can't begin to express how comforting it was to know that my trusted hairstylist would be there on my special day to make me look and feel truly beautiful. Taking the task of having to do my own bridal hair and makeup out of the equation made things a lot less stressful and much more enjoyable. Arden, whom I had not had the pleasure of meeting before my wedding day, was so incredibly warm, very kind, talented, and is an integral part of the St. James team. Beyond their impeccable work, they were extremely easy to work with and highly flexible, even in travel planning. A destination wedding provides a few curve balls here and there, and Lauren and Arden kept us all on time and even offered to help when needed (champagne refills, ladies?). The entire experience (both times) was such a pleasant, easy, and memorable one. Lauren is a true master of her craft and the entire St. James team is hyper focused on making their clients not only look amazing, but feel truly special. I could not recommend them enough!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017

Koree, Michelle, and the St. James team helped me and my ladies feel absolutely gorgeous on my wedding day! When I wasn't totally satisfied with my makeup trial (I never wear makeup and was worried about not looking like myself) they were very flexible and offered a... Read More complimentary redo. Michelle totally understood my concerns and gave me a perfect pretty and natural look that made me feel confident and comfortable in my skin, but that also photographed beautifully. On the day of the wedding, I had a last minute change in hairstyle due to jewelry that I had picked just days before (I wanted to show off a necklace that went down my back). Koree rolled with it and gave me exactly the look I was hoping for using just photos I showed her, no trial! I was a nervous wreck on my wedding day, but the St. James team was an incredibly calming presence. Genuinely nice people who are a pleasure to work with and are great at what they do!

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Valerie M

Saint James was great to work with. They brought a team of four to do hair & makeup, which meant it was all done quickly. They gave each of my bridesmaids a similar but unique style, and everyone looked great.

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Dominique S

I absolutely would recommend booking with St. James Salon for your wedding hair and makeup. Lauren and her team did such an amazing job for my wedding, I could not have been happier. They did my makeup and hair as well as my five bridesmaids, my mom and mother in laws hair. They... Read More did a great job on all and work very efficiently, I was amazed at how quickly they can get everyone done! Everyone was very happy and looked great, very fresh and natural. One bridesmaid never likes it when someone else does her hair but thought she would give it a try and she was so happy with the result. It was such a wonderful experience, book with St. James you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Rachelle P

Lauren and her team did an amazing job on not only my hair and makeup, but my bridesmaids and mother, as well. I would highly recommend her - sweet, calm, and personable.

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Amy K

I booked St. James Salon for wedding hair and makeup for my wedding 9/2017. The team did a fantastic job! My bridal party looked amazing and I felt beautiful. My hair and makeup still looked nearly perfect at the end of the night after photos and ceremony in the heat (it was... Read More about 98 degrees!) and an evening of dancing. I was in communication with Lauren to set up details and book our team; she was easy to work with and very kind and professional when my first makeup trial did not go well. I especially enjoyed working with Koree (hair) and Michelle (makeup). They both checked in with me about the look throughout the process and did a great job making my vision a reality. A team of four came to do on-site services and arrived on time and well prepared with everything they needed. They were all nice to work with and my bridal party was satisfied with their looks and thought the team did a good job making sure they were happy with the results.

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Haley S

Lauren and all of the ladies at St. James Salon were the best thing that happened to my wedding day. I had quite a large bridal party, plus my mom and mother-in-law, so 11 of us in total, and they were able to accommodate us all and made us feel so beautiful. Lauren and her team... Read More came to the house where my bridal party was staying and got all of us ready there, which allowed us all to relax, drink mimosas, eat breakfast and just hang out as each girl got her hair and makeup done. I was really nervous about my bridal hair and makeup, as I'm not someone who has had professional hair and makeup done very many times, and Lauren absolutely nailed it. I felt the most beautiful I've ever felt, and that is 100% thanks to Lauren at St. James Salon. Plus, all of my bridesmaids looked absolutely stunning and they were able to capture all of their individual styles while still creating a cohesive look for the bridal party. The girls are so fun and friendly, showed up early, kept us ahead of schedule all day and made sure we were all thrilled with our hair and makeup. St. James Salon is the ultimate bridal glam squad, and I recommend booking them as early as possible because they will book up! Thank you ALL for making our day so incredible and taking all of the wedding day beauty stress away from us. I can't thank Lauren and her team enough!

Reviewed on 9/04/2017 Hend

I got to know about St. James Salon via The Knot as I was trying to find a talented artist for my wedding day. I emailed the St. James Salon and Lauren responded immediately and with great professionalism. I simply loved the work as displayed on the Salon's website, so I had my... Read More mind set on St James Salon :) Lauren is an extremely talented artist and although she wasn't working in the ideal environment she did an amazing job for my wedding day. Right from our first conversation, she has been professional, welcoming and friendly at all times. She is pretty flexible with all the needs. She knows what would suit your skin the best. She realizes based on your hair length and texture, what kind of hairstyle would suit your face and dress. She keeps asking about how we feel about the make up and hairstyle to consider the bride’s comfort zone at all times. The best part about her is she knows what she is doing. So, you can totally rely on her for your main day :). I had lovely experience getting my bridal hair and make done by her and I would recommend her to all the couples out there that are looking for bridal services and packages of high quality! Thanks once again Lauren for everything :)

Reviewed on 8/26/2017 Kay H

We were flying in Atlanta and Pennsylvania. Was a little unsure not being from the area. Very impressed. Took extra time for both bride, maid of honor and mother in law. Never felt rushed. Had champagne to start the mood in the right direction. Very professional and listened to... Read More what we wanted. Highly recommend.

Reviewed on 8/26/2017 Keri D

St. James salon was amazing! I felt beautiful on my wedding day. They had a great team of stylist on the day of my wedding to get 10 bridesmaids and 3 moms ready for the wedding. They were very professional and fun to work with. They stayed to their schedule and actually... Read More finished ahead of schedule. I could not have asked for a better team to help me and my girls get ready for my wedding. I highly recommend St. James salon for all your wedding hair and makeup needs!

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 Adena S

We found St James through my event coordinator Lura Albee and they came HIGHLY recommended. I know why! We were planning from an hour and a half away, and they made it very easy to do a trial run and organize hair and makeup for the bridal party and our moms. We even got... Read More blowouts and styling the night before for rehearsal and they were able to work in their products to make day-of styling even more effective. Everybody looked beautiful and felt listened to when it came to keeping naturally curly hair curly, making sure our fine hair didn't budge once it was styled, and looking naturally enhanced rather than caked in dramatic makeup. I couldn't be happier with our experience and the professionalism (and fun!) of working with Lauren and the St James crew. Thank you!

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 Taylor H

Lauren and her team were amazing for my wedding day. Planning a destination wedding was tricky, but once I found Lauren, I knew I was in good hands. We had phone consultations ahead of time since I couldn't do trials, and I shared pictures about what I wanted my look to be. Her... Read More team worked quickly and wonderfully and made my morning stress free!

Reviewed on 7/30/2017 Annie S

I couldn't have been happier with my hair and make up for my wedding! I'm not one to wear a ton of make up but Arden did an AMAZING job. She was incredibly patient during the trial and we did more tweaking on the day of. I've never felt more beautiful! I had a similar experience... Read More with my hair. Lauren is very responsive with emails, organized and lovely. My mom and mother in law had their make up done with the bridal party and they turned out gorgeous. Everyone looked beautiful and the team has a wonderful vibe. If you happen to have an inevitable glitch in the morning, they are there to calm you down. Just wonderful people all around that do amazing work.

Reviewed on 12/10/2016 Sarah F

Lauren and her team were amazing! Not only are they very skilled but they were super friendly and organized. I was a bride who didn't have an exact vision of what I wanted my look to be and they were great at working with me to figure it out. They helped make my day everything... Read More I hoped for!

Reviewed on 11/12/2016 Ashley A

Lauren at St. James Salon is an amazing stylist. She made me feel like a beautiful bride on one of my happiest days. She is so professional. Her Father has been my hair dresser or close to 10 years so there was no question that I would hire Lauren and her team for my wedding... Read More party. She is flexible and easy to work with. Koree, was amazing styling my daughter's hair even when she was falling asleep. Michelle & Arden are extremely talented make-up artists. My entire bridal party, daughter and Mother all looked amazing. I can not thank them enough even when I completely changed up my look for the wedding day from the hair trial appointment. You will be SO happy you choose St. James Salon!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Emilie W

Working with St. James Salon was amazing from the get go! All of the girls are so nice and beyond talented. My wedding party conisisted of a variety of preferences and the girls executed their expertise to satisfy the preference of each girl flawlessly! Perhaps what was most... Read More appealing from the start was how professional the team is! From the moment we first chatted, to the big day and conversations thereafter, the St. James team is beyond quality. The team is prompt, organized, educated and overall a classy bunch! I would highly recommend their team for your big day! Ps! I tried out lash extensions for my big day, Arden, a makeup artist & lash technician at St. James, hooked it up! I've had lashes since two weeks before our wedding (which was just under two months ago) and haven't been able to let them go! She's done an amazing job from the initial application to every fill thereafter!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016

Lauren and Koree are extremely warm, friendly, and professional. They made the getting ready process on the wedding day so fun! They were organized and great in accommodating my mom's & bridesmaids' hair style requests as well. Leading up to the wedding, Lauren was very... Read More responsive in our communications, flexible with our timeline, and performed a great hair and makeup trial, making me feel even more confident than I already was in my decision. She really listened to what I was looking for and made me feel truly beautiful on my wedding day. I would recommend Lauren and St. James Salon to any bride without hesitation!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Kristen T

Lauren and her team were amazing! They were on time and very efficient getting hair and makeup done for 10 ladies. My hair and makeup turned out perfectly. I highly recommend using St. James Salon!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Anika M

What amazing service! I don't usually wear a lot of makeup or do much with my hair so I was a bit nervous with my wedding makeup, but I definitely didn't need to be. Lauren nailed a nice warm look that definitely went with a beautiful classic down style for my hair. All of my... Read More bridesmaids had a gorgeous updo style that brought out all of their different features. The salon was beautifully spaced out and very accommodating for all of us to not only get our hair and make up done but also fully get ready for the wedding. We were picked up by a limo at the salon and everyone was ready to go. I can't thank Lauren and her team enough for playing such a special role in making my special day so amazing! The St. James bridal team rocks!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Anika M

St. James is by far one of the best salons! They were more than accomodating and helped me and my bridesmaids in achieving my dream look. Absolutely a wonderful team that Lauren and Koree have put together. I will continue to use St. James full service salon for all my beauty... Read More needs.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Melanie R

I booked St James salon for our wedding. Lauren was so great and answered all my questions and concerns in numerous emails before I booked them. At my hair trial I mentioned that I needed a special shimmer lotion for my skin for the big day and Lauren went online and ordered it... Read More for me on the spot. It was there in less than a week. They came to our wedding venue which made everything so much easier. Lauren, Arden and the staff are so genuinely sweet and fun to work with. They did an amazing job and we were all extremely pleased with the way we looked. I highly recommend them for any occasion! Melanie

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Leanna K

I was so impressed with St. James Salon! Everything was absolutely perfect. When I went in for my trial, they greeted me and my parents with champagne, and they took the vague ideas of what I wanted and worked with me to figure out something gorgeous. Then on the day of, the... Read More team arrived and did the same thing with each of my bridesmaids! They also provided me with a schedule ahead of time of which girl would get what done when, and they managed to stick to the schedule 100%. Everyone was impressed with the outcomes, and we had a great time. And I want to especially thank Lauren, who helped coordinate everything and kept me sane throughout the whole process!

Reviewed on 7/31/2016 Stephanie K

This salon was the greatest!! They did all my hair and makeup for my wedding for myself and my girls. I love that they come with a team of people and are able to get everyone done simultaneously. I thought that made it way more fun and interactive for everyone. Nicest people... Read More ever too and Lauren is super organized in getting everything coordinated with what works best for the wedding day schedule. My hair turned out just the way I wanted it and last great all day. Make-up was perfect and looked great in photos. They were very accommodating with everyone's needs and made sure everyone was happy and felt confident leaving to the wedding. They were all well prepared and showed up on time. Awesome team!!

Meet The Coordinator

Lauren Durling

Raised in the beauty industry, with both parents as cosmetologists, I have followed in their footsteps and taken an extra leap forward into the very special niche that is bridal styling. I am in the salon as a hair stylist and makeup artist full-time with bridal artistry as a beautiful addition to the work that I do. I have a love for the industry, as well as a great set of business and organizational skills that allow me to coordinate with each and every one of our brides to ensure their special day is planned and executed, with as little unnecessary stress on the bride as possible.