The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

The St. Nicholas Banquet center in Mogadore, Ohio, is available to host unique wedding events. The venue offers great value for couples planning their special ceremony and reception. The full-service wedding center is known for professionalism, attention to detail and the production of classy and momentous occasions.

A grand portico entry gathers guests into the lobby area for the first greeting. A convenient coat check is located adjacent to the lobby. Tiled floors, antique furnishings, potted plants and paintings create a warm and inviting space for guests as they are welcomed and guided to the ceremony or event space.

The 7,000-square-foot ballroom provides ample space for dancing and plenty of room surrounding the spacious floor for guests to witness the first dance from table seating. Tall windows, potted plants sprinkled with lights and banquet tables wrapped in backlit skirts add to the elegance of the grand hall immersed in a countryside setting. Couples may choose to sit at the raised head table area. The Banquet Hall can accommodate up to 460 guests.

A 1,200-square-foot lounge is located adjacent to the ballroom. It includes a dark wood paneled bar with decorative columns and a gleaming brass foot rail. The full-service bar area offers an ideal break-out space for dancing respites, refreshments and mixing and mingling.

Couples are also given the option of holding uncovered outdoor events on the lawn. The countryside setting provides a scenic backdrop for matrimonial ceremonies in the open air.

The professional and accommodating staff offers flexibility, customized details and options for creative decorating by the venue. Setup is handled entirely by the staff for a non-stress wedding day. A 150-person minimum is required for Saturday bookings.

Menus offer selections of traditional homestyle dishes, such as roast prime rib to more ethnic tastes of homemade pierogi. An hors d'oeuvre only reception is an option with customizable add-ons. Buffet tables are a feast for the eyes with spectacularly inviting arrangements and color combinations. Tastings are arranged prior to menu selections.

The banquet center is conveniently located on one level and is wheelchair accessible. An emergency back-up power system is on-site for seamless events. The St. Nicholas Banquet Center provides all non-alcoholic beverages, liquor, beer and wine. Hors d'eouvre receptions require a minimum of 100 guests.

Included for all receptions are the following:

• Cake cutting service
  • Complete bar facility
  • Professional security
  • Champagne toast
  • Coat room
  • Lighted parking lot
  • China, silver and linens

The St Nicholas Banquet Center is a full-service event center with these additional amenities to provide comfort and an enjoyable experience for the couple and their guests.

• Wedding planning
  • Punch fountain

Magical Venue • Delicious Food • Affordable Price

Our dazzling banquet hall is the ideal choice for fairytale wedding celebrations, and our expert wedding consultant will customize a delicious menu and help you create the day that you imagine. The beautiful countryside venue offers ample, well lit free parking, easy access and backup power system.

Ballroom

Food + Catering, Planning

755 South Cleveland Ave, Mogadore, OH (330) 628-2552

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Bethany C

Maria was amazing! She truly made the whole planning process enjoyable and a breeze. She was such a joy to work with. The hall was gorgeous, the staff was friendly and the food was out of this world! We had so many guests coming up to us saying how beautiful the hall was and how... Read More amazing the food was. I highly recommend this venue for receptions!

Reviewed on 8/05/2016 Christie C

St. Nicholas wa the best decision we made when planning our wedding! Maria and her staff were absolutely wonderful! They were so helpful and wanted to make our wedding day perfect. The food was fantastic and all of our guests agreed! Our friends and family were totally blown... Read More away by how beautiful the place is. I cannot wait to go back for another wedding or festival. What a great place! Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 8/03/2016

Maria and Jim are amazing people! Planning a wedding reception with them is not only easy but so much fun. They make sure every detail is handled and their staff is friendly and willing to help however they can. When Maria is finished decorating the hall it is gorgeous and... Read More you will have a storybook reception. Our guests are still talking about the wonderful food! It was delicious. Anyone looking for a place to have a reception should definitely go to St. Nicholas. There is simply no better venue. You will not only have a wonderful experience - you will leave with 2 new awesome friends.

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Rachael D

My husband and I just had our wedding reception at St. Nicholas Banquet Center last weekend. It literally was a dream come true, everything was absolutely beautiful. All of our guests were impressed, especially with the food. Maria was a sweetheart to work with and she truly... Read More cares about every last detail. She went above and beyond to make sure we were happy! Thank you for everything

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Andrea M

My husband and I had our wedding at St. Nicholas this past July and the experience was exceptional. Planning a wedding in Ohio while living in Florida was a difficult task, but working with Maria made the planning seem as if we were back home doing the planning. Maria made me... Read More feel like I was the only bride she was working with during all of our interactions and she always went above and beyond to make my wedding vision a reality. I can't say enough kind words about our experience at St. Nicholas and would highly recommend the hall for anyone planning a wedding.

Reviewed on 12/14/2015

I cannot begin to fully express how grateful I am and how much I appreciate Maria (and her husband Jim) and her staff at St. Nicholas Banquet Center. I got married on 12/5/2015 and had both our ceremony and the reception at the banquet center. Choosing St. Nicholas Banquet... Read More Center was the BEST thing we ever did! The hall is naturally beautiful and required minimal decorating. Maria was very accommodating and anything that we needed or wanted she was ready and willing to help. Maria made the entire process so easy and smooth. The amount of time and attention that she puts into every little detail simply blew me away. The food was absolutely delicious! We selected the Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breast (OMG so freaking amazing!!!), Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin, Green Beans w/Onion & Bacon Pieces, Corn and the creamy Red Skin Potatoes. All were so tasty and yummy! Thank goodness we had left overs so we were able to enjoy our wedding meal for a couple days. I've heard horror stories of folks whom have selected amazing halls and unfortunately the food fell short of their expectation and then I've heard the same about the halls that were not so visually appealing but the food was amazing. I am so thankful that I was fortunate to have BOTH amazing hall with super delicious food. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for putting Maria in my life love her to pieces. I cannot wait to begin planning another event just so that St. Nicholas Banquet Center can host it for me. If you are in need of an event space I promise you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 11/16/2015

We booked St. Nicholas for our daughter and son in law's wedding 11/14/15. We cannot say enough about the hall and Maria. The decorations were beautiful, the food was delicious, and Maria was very accommodating. Anything we asked for, she was willing to do. The staff were all... Read More great and very professional. All of the guests couldn't stop raving about everything. We would recommend St. Nicolas to anyone, it is a "10" in all categories!

Courteous and detailed service

Reviewed on 9/12/2015 Anthony H

St. Nicholas Banquet Center was very accommodating. They made sure everything went just as I had dreamed it would. They reviewed all the details with me before the big day and had it all beautifully and perfectly set on the day of our wedding. The staff members were polite and... Read More served with a smile. The Banquet Center made planning my reception easy!

A Dream come true on a budget

Reviewed on 9/09/2015 Brittany K

I was married August 8th, 2015 and this hall was absolutely amazing! Maria and her staff were so kind and helpful throughout the entire process! The hall was a fairy tale, absolutely beautiful. They work with you if you want to do your own decorations, centerpieces, candy/snack... Read More bar, and so much more. My guests, all 175 of them, said it was the most beautiful hall they had ever seen and the best food they had ever had at a wedding. It is a 6 hour rental, which most halls have an upcharge. I was able to allot 5-6 as cocktail hour and after that it was a whirl! My guests had an amazing time and so did I. Another aspect I loved was the fact that they only do 1 wedding per weekend, meaning if you get married on Saturday, the entire week before is devoted to your wedding. I was able to go in on Thursday and help get everything set up and the staff helped. They are very reasonable on price and come in a lot lower than their competitors. I would recommend this hall hands down, and trust me, I have looked at a lot and have been to a lot of weddings! None as perfect as this one!

Bride

Reviewed on 8/13/2014 Kaylene M

Choosing this venue was one of the first and best decisions we made when planning the wedding! The hall is beautiful and the food is delicious! The price is more affordable than most 400 person banquet halls (we only had 280 and it still felt intimate), but I would have paid... Read More double just to have this hall. The owners are some of the nicest people I have ever met. They will meet whenever you are available and will do anything and everything to make your day special. Too many people came up to me and raved about the the ambiance of the banquet hall. If you are looking for a large, romantic, naturally beautiful hall, you will find it at Saint Nicholas. I cannot say enough nice things about this place.

Absolutely Beautiful!

Reviewed on 9/22/2013 Angie F

Everything was perfect! The lady and her husband that run the place are so kind and helpful--it was easy to see they think of each event as a unique and special one. The hall itself is gorgeous with all the twinkling lights. We had so many compliments on how delicious the... Read More food was.

AMAZING!

Reviewed on 8/22/2013 Alix R

This place is so pretty, tons of fairy lights. They just refurbished the inside, so it looks even better than it did. The staff is so helpful and let us add people up to three days before. I couldn't have asked for a better reception site!

Left Us Wanting More

Reviewed on 3/09/2012 Kayla B

Last year on Good Friday (2011), I went back to my hometown to see St. Nicholas Banquet Center. I didn't know much about the banquet center, other then my high school had used it for my prom in 2007. When I visited the hall for the first time I was very impressed, they were nice... Read More and very helpful. However after the first meeting things went downhill. All three of us my mom, my now husband, and myself remember the hall telling us they supplied items like chair covers, the day before we found out this was not true and we would not have them. When the due date of the head count came, we recived very rude calls from Hope about needing our numbers that moment. After we had called the hall and left our count on the voicemail, she called again this telling getting very rude all because she hadn't checked her messages. This was not the last rude phone call we got. The day before when we went to drop off items, we were constantly told they had other things to do and our time was limited... not to mention that one of the head ladies had her mother sitting in a wheelchair off to one side, it made us very uncomfortable. On top of being rushed during the drop off, it was also very hard to set up meeting times. They were often unwilling to open the hall, even during regular business hours. Along with everything else the hall requires that you supply your own alcohol and they supply any mixing you may need. The night of the wedding, we found out from a few different guests that they were out of some mixes, and hadn't checked before hand. AND DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT HAVING DRINKS ON THE DANCE FLOOR. The only reason we gave quality a four, is because the food was great and people still come up to us. The hall was also very clean, however those 2 things don't make up for all the bad. I would not recommend St. Nicholas Banquet Center to anyone and if I could go back I would not use them.

2015-07-05T00:14:12 Response from the vendor

We’re glad that you thought our food was great and that our hall was very clean, but sorry we left you wanting more. We strive to create the wedding you imagine and that means managing details. A good headcount ensures that we have enough food... Read Less Read More

Bride

Reviewed on 7/11/2011 Courtney H

The venue is extremely pricy. It is roughly $29 per person, not including alcohol and without the $500 hall rental charge (I was told that it was a nonrefundable deposit, but was not put toward the bill). If you know this ahead of time, the experience is truly amazing. They... Read More really take care of you and make the evening beautiful!

2015-07-05T00:14:52 Response from the vendor

So glad you found the experience amazing. We think we are a good value for the product and service we provide. We do tell everyone in our contract about the booking charge. It secures the date of your event.

Incredible!

Reviewed on 10/11/2010 Sarah S

The food was amazing. The hall was beautiful. Everything lived up to and exceeded our expectations.

Reception Hall

Reviewed on 9/08/2010 Stephanie F

Everyone raved over the food!!! Amazing food, great selections, even better prices!! They let you bring your own alcohol which was perfect for us! The set up was amazing! They decorate mostly everything for you! It was so easy, I never had to worry about anything. They are... Read More flexible with you and let you taste test the food every Saturday up until your wedding! We had 220 people and it was WELL accomodated. Plus they let you keep any leftover food!!! SO AWESOME

Excellent

Reviewed on 8/09/2010 Erin S

I checked it out becase lots of people we knew used it and it was close to my church. The hall is beautiful (must see!!) and the two head ladies are amazing. We fell in love with the hall, but didn't have enough people invited to reserve the hall. They still let us!! The ladies... Read More were always willing to meet us and had plenty of helpful suggestions and reviews on local vendors. They were similar in price or cheaper then other locations. Lots of free or low cost decorating options. Spacious room, large and free parking lot and great highway access to I-77 and SR 224. They set up and decorate everything!! You supply the alcohol, but you have to use their food options. Their food is great so don't worry AND you can try it ahead of time. Also...we order vegetables and dip and cheese and crackers as an appetizer. They cut everything to make it look like flowers and put the dip in fancy glasses to really spruce up our choice. It's practically a one-stop shop to wedding plan.

Review for St Nicholas Banquet Center

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 sandi p

Iloved the food it was so amazing. And they venue itself was very large so it was able to have a large dance floor and the seating was able to be speared out and not pushed togther;The manager there can be pushy tryinbg to get you to add things you dont want or do things they... Read More way she wants them but we held our ground and said this is what we want and it turned out perfect!

Review for St. Nicholas Banquet Center

Reviewed on 6/01/2009 Teresa K

Amazing food. Great to work with. Provided many extras.

Review for St Nicholas Orthodox Church: Social Hall

Reviewed on 9/04/2008 Megan D

They have twinkle lights that stay up year round. You really don't need to decorate the site because it's so beautiful!

Meet The Manager

Maria Stevens

Maria Stevens, with her husband Jim, manages the St. Nicholas Banquet Center. They offer decades of catering and wedding planning experience. Each new bride is like a daughter to Maria. She will handle all the details for you and take the stress out of the planning process. Maria cannot wait to talk with you, show you our beautiful wedding venue and help you create the perfect wedding!