Backyard, Ballroom, Garden, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100

990 Summit Ave, St. Paul, MN (651) 227-4477

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Anna R

Mackenzie was very helpful in planning a wonderful wedding! Our guests loved the beauty and history of the venue, and the food was delicious.

2016-11-14T09:44:19 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind review, but most of all thank you for allowing us to play a part in your big day! We wish you all the love and happiness. -SPCC

Reviewed on 6/25/2016 Shelby W

100% deserving of the 5 stars. A beautiful flawless venue. Lindsey and the staff at St. Paul College Club are amazing!! They make getting married effortless, just arrive. Lindsey went above and beyond at every turn. The day went so perfectly. The food was amazing, everyone... Read More commented on how great the walleye was! I can not say enough how amazing the college club is !

Amazingly gorgeous wedding reception venue

Reviewed on 12/22/2015 Laura M

SPCC was an incredibly gorgeous wedding reception venue. We had our reception there in early December so it was decorated for Christmas and looked so beautiful, even before our decorations were added. The coordinator, Lindsey, was beyond wonderful to work with and was incredibly... Read More helpful. She went above and beyond to make sure that our wedding day was perfect. Everything was so organized and well-planned out. I had bought all of the decorations and gave them to Lindsey. She and her assistant, Adriana, decorated the venue better than I ever could have myself! We had a couple fireplaces going during the reception and between the decorations, the fireplaces, and the ambiance of the College Club in general, it felt like a fairy tale reception. There are many rooms there for people to explore and find some quiet to talk, which everyone appreciated. All of the staff worked so hard to serve dinner and drinks and clear tables and make sure that everything ran smoothly. The food was delicious and we got many compliments. The only not-so-positive thing I have to say is that the food prices were increased about 6 months before our wedding day, after we had already signed the contract. This added quite a bit to our total bill which was disappointing. Lindsey was able to partially rectify the situation by getting us some other things discounted, which we appreciated. Overall, the venue was beautiful and a perfect fit for what I was looking for to meet my "magical winter wedding" goal. Although the food was expensive, it was very good, and the fact that you are able to bring your own alcohol saved us thousands compared to elsewhere. I would recommend the SPCC to any couple looking to have a cozy, unique, beautiful wedding!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Molly O

We loved our wedding at the SPCC. Our guests loved the food and it was so nice to have an outdoor wedding with an indoor dinner & reception. Becca, our coordinator, was incredible - very detailed-oriented and super responsive. Bringing our own alcohol saved us a lot of money.... Read More Just FYI - there is a "decorator" included but honestly she did not do much, I didn't ever really meet her, but my personal attendant and mom ended up doing a lot of the decorations -so make sure you have someone available day of to decorate! All around a great wedding venue, decent pricing, and awesome food & atmosphere! It was really nice to have a coordinator included because we didn't have to spend extra money on a wedding planner or day-of coordinator.

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Lynn S

Unfortunately, most of the good things we’d heard about the SPCC turned out not to be true for our family’s wedding. We went through three coordinators during our months of planning. The first one, who is cited in many reviews, was wonderful, but she left. The one we ended up... Read More with made numerous errors, and was in her office for much of our event, negating the benefit of having someone else ensure that the day go smoothly. The SPCC no longer throws in any “freebies,” such as the chandelier hanging in the main room or the café lighting in the yard (things that we’d heard had been gifted in the past to friends who used SPCC). For our wedding, they ran out of the main dish during the dinner, despite numerous assurances in advance that they never run out of food. The coordinator first blamed it on the sous chef who was running things that night (we hadn’t been told that the head chef would be gone), and then said it was the fault of our guests because they took too much food. They broke down the tables for the dance floor without warning (which they had said they would provide), so numerous guests lost their individualized gift that was at their place. (Most of the gifts never were found.) We’d been told the security officer would be a friendly plain clothes person who would help greet the guests; instead we got a uniformed, armed man who looked very unhappy to be there. We didn’t get our security deposit back for seven weeks, despite numerous requests, including a certified letter. The manager was very difficult to work with when we tried to address these and other issues following the wedding, and we were highly dissatisfied with the result. The parts of the wedding over which we had control were beautiful, but we were extremely disappointed with the coordinator, the kitchen and the manager. Until those things change, we’d advise that you look elsewhere if you want to ensure the day of your dreams.

Reviewed on 9/12/2017 Eleanor H

Perfect venue for a medium sized wedding. Our late-July ceremony was held in the beautiful backyard with our 100/110 guests fit perfectly into the garden for the ceremony (and gorgeous pictures) and the reception hall for dinner. During the party, we spread out across the space... Read More and spilled out into the garden: everyone could find what they wanted, loud music and dancing or quiet conversation in the comfy library. Rebecca & the whole team at the St Paul College Club do a great job and give the day a gentle guiding hand, so the bride can relax and enjoy her day. The house is grand enough that you don't have to do much in terms of decoration, but you can, and that flexibility was exactly what I needed. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Reviewed on 8/16/2017 Amanda S

Absolutely perfect! The employees were extremely helpful and made it seem like anything was possible and the venue was talked about nonstop by my guests. It definitely helped make my day memorable in all the right ways!

Reviewed on 7/16/2017 Hannah S

We loved getting married at the St. Paul College Club. However, we had a few frustrating experiences- there was turnover with the 2 event coordinators, so we were handed off to 3 different coordinators in the span of only a few months. This made communication somewhat difficult... Read More as we would need to re-explain details to each new coordinator. On the day of the wedding, they ran out of our buffet entree, and told us that it was our fault that our guests ate too much. Although these experiences were negative, the setting was intimate and perfect for a wedding. The food was delicious, everything flowed well from inside to outside, there is ample free parking right in front of the venue, and the location is really close to the airport and many surrounding hotels. Overall, the pros outweighed the cons for us, and we would recommend this venue to others.

Reviewed on 7/01/2017 Shannon S

The team at the SPCC were great to work with to plan our day. Every aspect of the venue is beautiful and a perfect setting for our wedding. The backyard/garden where we had the ceremony was phenomenal. Would recommend it for anyone looking for a vintage feel for their wedding... Read More and/or an outdoor wedding.

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Anne H

Overall our experience here was just wonderful. The venue is unique and we loved getting to spend time with our guests outside in the back yard during our reception. The people here know what they're doing and made the day run so smoothly. Compared to other vendors we looked at... Read More they were the most flexible. Couples can bring their own alcohol which saves some money. Decor-wise, they were open to anything and they made everything look wonderful on the day of. Our only sadness was not being able to have the party go longer on the day of the wedding!

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Danielle T

Kelsey made this whole experience a breeze. Guests loved it, we loved it! Food is delicious, the bar option saved us thousands, setting is gorgeous and can't be beat.

Reviewed on 5/26/2017 Jan M

My daughter got married at the St Paul College Club May 13 and we could not be happier with this venue! The day was perfect, the food was fabulous, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the place was decorated exactly how my daughter asked. I highly recommend the College... Read More Club-Kelsey was the best!!! Thank you for an absolutely wonderful day!

Reviewed on 5/10/2017 Holly L

We were able to have our dream wedding at the St. Paul College Club! It was everything we imagined. The staff is professional, flexible and really willing to make your day unique and personal. Also - the option to BYOB is amazing. We saved SO much, and got lots of compliments on... Read More our drinks. Something we never would have been able to afford had we not gone here. The only negative experience we had was that in our year long engagement, we went through three different event coordinators. They were all wonderful, but it made it a little hard to keep things consistent.

Reviewed on 3/21/2017 Stephanie L

I cannot say enough good things about SPCC. We decided on the venue about a year and 3 months before we got married. We started working with Lindsay, and finished the process with Mackenzie since Lindsay left. Both of the ladies were very helpful and asked us many questions that... Read More we would not have thought about! It was honestly like having a wedding planner included. I most appreciated this during the week leading up to the wedding. We picked up our alcohol (very cheap to have an open bar since you bring your own!) and other decorations and dropped them off. They put everything up and decorated where we wanted it. I kept having friends and family offering their help, and we just got to spend time with them instead of having to spend our time working on setting up since it was done for us. I felt completely stress free that week, and on the day of the wedding. They were there to help the florist and other vendors as they arrived. They take care of absolutely everything, and come and quietly let you know when they are about to start the next thing. We received so many compliments on the venue - I think everyone thought it was so expensive, but it is very budget friendly! If you add on all the extras they offer it can get very expensive, but we didn't and the venue is so gorgeous you don't need to! Highly recommend. Our wedding size was 130 - it was the perfect size for the venue. I would recommend this venue to anyone! Oh - and the food was delicious!!

Reviewed on 7/07/2015 Amanda M

The St. Paul College club was super helpful in setting up, taking down, organizing, and even integrating my own personal ideas into the venue without paying any extra. The food was excellent and we were able to provide our own alcohol which made having an open bar super cheap.

Highly Recommended!

Reviewed on 12/27/2014

Our daughter's December wedding was absolutely perfect thanks to the efforts of Beata, our St. Paul College Club wedding coordinator, who went above and beyond in taking care of every detail and insuring that the day progressed smoothly. We highly recommend this venue for so... Read More many reasons! At what can be a stressful time, it is a wonderful stress-reliever to have everything provided on-site by professionals, who truly strive to fulfill the couple's hopes and vision for their special day. SPCC offers flexibility in designing a reception to fit your budget, many extras - such as fresh rose bouquets, linens, and china that are included in cost, an excellent in-house Chef, a reception Coordinator, and a beautifully unique, intimate, and romantic environment. The reception was perfectly lovely, elegant, and memorable...compliments are pouring in!

PERFECT!

Reviewed on 12/10/2014 Clara H

St. Paul College Club was the perfect venue. The food was delicious, they offered a discount to the bakery I wanted, and the wedding coordinator was STELLAR! I planned my wedding from out of state and they were very professional and helpful. Beautiful decorations and made our... Read More wedding the most perfect day!

The best venue

Reviewed on 11/08/2014 Erin B

I cannot say enough wonderful things about the St. Paul College Club. We used this location for our reception venue and it was the BEST choice we made! The event coordinator was fantastic from booking the venue through the end of the reception, the environment was elegant, cozy,... Read More warm and charming, and the food was INCREDIBLE. If you are looking for an intimate and affordable reception but do not want to sacrifice quality, this is the place for you. Do yourself a favor and book them now.

Amazing Venue

Reviewed on 9/24/2014 Melissa W

Absolutely beautiful and so nice to have everything coordinated in one location. Being able to supply your own beer, wine, and liquor allows for a huge money savings as well.

Sophisticated Without Costing a Fortune

Reviewed on 9/16/2014 Samantha P

We got married in the garden/yard at the St. Paul College Club, then held the reception indoors. Beata - the wedding coordinator is AMAZING. She said "yes" to nearly everything we asked for and made our day completely stress free. She and her staff went above and beyond all... Read More week. Being able to supply your own bar was huge for us, as we were able to provide our guests with premium liquor, wine and beer at a relatively low cost. Overall, I could not have asked for a more reasonably priced, prettier or more convenient venue. Everything was perfect!

Great service!!

Reviewed on 7/21/2014 Kyle R

The event coordinator we worked with was so helpful the months leading up to our big day and especially the day of! the place is beautiful and really gives the close and personal feel. The staff was great and friendly and I was really out to ease the day of. I am very happy we... Read More went with them!

Perfect!!!

Reviewed on 7/20/2014 Megan S

Seriously though, the wedding day was perfect. We did heavy hordeurves and every single one was delicious. The chef found ways to cater to my gluten and dairy free family members. The bartenders were quick and friendly. Our wedding coordinator was Beata and I cannot say... Read More enough good things about her. She kept me and my family calm throughout the planning process. She had answers to every single question. She was incredibly patient. On the day of the wedding it rained all day long. They waited until 30 minutes before the ceremony to make a decision on whether it would be moved inside or not. Good thing, it stopped raining just in time! The staff moved quickly to dry off chairs and seat our guests. We have since received numerous compliments about the venue and staff from our friends and family.

Absolutely Fabulous! And Beata is amazing!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 6/05/2014 Dorothea R

The st. Paul College Club was AMAZING!!!! I don't even know where to start. Our wedding coordinator was Beata and from the first meet to the wedding day she was completely professional and caring. She was able to answer any questions we had and gave us reassurance with each... Read More meet that this was going to be the wedding of our dreams. She helped in a big way to make our wedding everything we hoped it would be and I am honored to have worked with such an incredible coordinator. Anyone who chooses this beautiful venue must request Beata. She is vital part of this amazing mansion. No grander words can be used to describe how wonderful Beata is. I wish i could invent one to use just for her! The actual mansion is so unbelievably exquisite. Our guest were blown away with its grand beauty and many rooms. I had always wanted an indoor wedding so we wouldn't have to be dependent on the weather but once we saw the backyard, I was insistent on having our ceremony outside. We were fortunate enough to be able to be married out in the gorgeous backyard, but the plan b option of inside would have been just as amazing. I can't think of a single corner of The St. Paul College Club that wouldn't have been ideal for our ceremony. The food was a big hit with our guest. One concern we had was for those people with a diet restriction (my husband's cousin and uncle have a serve allergy to glueten) but they were able to accommodate their needs with equally amazing food. We went with the roast beef crostinis and the mozzarella crostinis for cocktail hour appetizers. Everyone loved them. We probably could have gotten away with serving those for dinner too with how popular they were! But I'm glad we went with the chicken pesto with spring vegetables and mashed potatoes. Even those with allergies were able to enjoy a variation of dinner. The staff was amazing and the bartender we had that night was quick and friendly! I could go on and on about our amazing experience at The St. Paul College Club, but honestly anyone considering it as a possible place to get married should say yes! You won't regret it. Also ask for Beata. Honestly she is the best wedding coordinator anyone bride could ask for.

Gorgeous Venue and Amazing Staff!

Reviewed on 5/18/2014 Lisa N

I really don't think I can recommend the College Club enough! The venue is unbelievably gorgeous, the food is wonderful, and the staff is an absolute dream to work with. We really wanted a more unique venue that would be comfortable for our range of guests (college friends,... Read More older family members, young children) so having more or less access to the whole mansion was perfect. There's a Brides Room and Grooms room upstairs so you can get ready onsite (and get lovely photos in the meantime), plus the most amazing bathroom I think I have ever seen (it's a little quirky... but amazing). The main floor is broken up into smaller rooms so after dinner people could hang out by the music and dance floor or find a quieter spot to sit and chit chat. I was really hoping for an outdoor ceremony since they have a lovely little garden in the back, but unfortunately May was still pretty cold. The great thing about this venue though is that the interior is still gorgeous enough to make a great ceremony setting, not just at last minute backup in case of rain. The College Club also provides a coordinator for you to work with, which is wonderful, especially for the day of. They are incredibly well organized and we even had other vendors tell us how easy they are to work with. Added bonuses for us: pricing is completely spelled out on their website, you can stock your own bar, and if you have additional decorations to bring in they'll handle the set up (but seriously, this place is pretty lovely on it's own!)

Somehow my wedding was perfect

Reviewed on 4/16/2014 Tessa L

I had a tough time with the event coordinators, but somehow everything was perfect on the day of. I felt like we were repeating things a lot, and it was very stressful planning the wedding with them. They told us the wrong pricing on something when we met in person, and then... Read More through email quoted us a different price, and then explained that we misunderstood. We definitely didn't misunderstand anything, but from there on out I was very clear with my explaining things, and I sent an email to verify everything we talked about in person. When we went in to pay the final balance, they "forgot" to less our $1100 deposit, so the total remaining balance was $1100 too high. Luckily I noticed the next morning and called because she had no idea.