2038 Iris Ln, New Ulm, TX (713) 524-2638

Reviewed on 7/15/2017 Johana L

Before I got married I always had an idea of how I wanted my wedding to be, and the location was one of the most important. I always dreamt of having an outdoor wedding in which we would feel immersed with nature, because natures beauty is incomparable. I searched and searched... Read More until I found StarHill Farms and just fell in love with the atmosphere, landscape, and people. It was when I first went to visit that I knew that it was where I wanted to share one of the most important days of my life. My wedding pictures were another top priority because I wanted to look back years from now and remember how beautiful that day was, and let me tell you, I loved all of my pictures! StarHill is the perfect backdrop; lush greenery, beautiful trees, and the hills are just breathtaking not to mention all the cows and horses. Mary & Robert even helped me with something I always wanted, to have pictures with a horse because I have always loved horses. It did rain on my wedding day but I opted not to have tents because I thought it would take away from the beauty of being outdoors, but you know, I wouldn’t change it for anything in the world because at the end of the day I got to get married to the love of my life with all of those who are most important to me there to witness. Everyone had fun and loved the farm. We even stayed in the ranch house Friday and Saturday night, and enjoyed the farm Sunday before we left. I consider myself down-to-earth and this is just the place for other brides like me. I would recommend StarHill Farms to anyone; it was just everything I ever wanted.

Reviewed on 5/19/2017 Amber S

When looking for a wedding venue, I wanted a place that was away from the hustle and bustle of the city but close enough to Houston and Austin so that people would attend. I wanted something that felt intimate, secluded and peaceful, and StarHill Farms was all of that and much... Read More more. When we arrived at the property for the first time, we were greeted by Texas Longhorns and their babies. It was such a magical moment and we both felt an overwhelming feeling that we found our wedding venue. We couldn't have been more right, and it was one of the best decisions we have made as a couple. We were looking to create a memory that we’d cherish for the rest of our lives with our closest friends and family. We decided to make a weekend of our wedding and rented the Ranch House and two log cabins located on the property for the wedding party, and I am glad we did. With fire pits at night, and fishing, and skeet shoot during the day, my friends had a great time and they are still talking about that special weekend. Since StarHill is family owned, they’re pretty open to your ideas and welcome the use of their amenities. The surrounding beauty, nature and livestock made for endless photo ops. I honestly wish I had taken more advantage of it, but the day goes by so quickly! My advice to future brides is to plan out multiple photo ops at the farm with your photographer and take full advantage of all the natural beauty surrounding you! Mary also helped us arrange for a ceremony site on the property and secured a local Welcome Hall nearby for the reception. Throughout this process, I noticed that there’s something about the energy at the farm that lets things just BE. It was understood that the wedding would happen as naturally and gracefully as the birth of those baby cows that greeted us when we first visited. Nothing felt rushed and the pressure for perfection I feared with wedding planning was lifted. If you are looking for a place that is surrounded by natural beauty, has comforts of home plus the peace of mind that everything will be as it’s meant to be, this is your place. If you are looking for a place that you don't feel rushed and pushed out for the next wedding in line, then this is your place. If you’re still reading this, then this is your place! Thank you StarHill Farms for sharing your property with us. It made our special day memorable for everyone. I give it five stars, and I highly recommend it!