Classical, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Klezmer, Latin

Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

14362 N Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd, Scottsdale, AZ (480) 830-1308

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Jennifer S

Absolutely amazing!!! Bobbie our DJ was the best my guest and bridal party are still talking about how great he was and how much fun they had!l

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Stephanie G

Jimmy was the PERFECT DJ for our wedding! He was creative, fun, friendly, and exceptionally knowledgeable about music. He had tons of great suggestions that weren't just your standard, boilerplate wedding music. He got the crowd dancing and kept the party going all night. He... Read More suggested the "Selfie Sprint" which was absolutely a blast. Everyone said it was the most fun wedding they had ever been to. I would highly recommend Starz and Jimmy!

Reviewed on 4/17/2017 Brittney H

Joey Dean did an amazing job at being our Dj for our special day. I would definitely recommend stars entertainment! They make sure everything is set for your special day!

Reviewed on 4/15/2017 Danielle A

Jimmy was absolutely wonderful throughout the whole experience; not just the day of the wedding, but also with all the planning. He was efficient and provided great customer service. Our wedding was perfect because of him!

Reviewed on 4/10/2017 Melissa M

True pro's! on time, professional, organized, and they know how to keep the party going. We were lucky enough to be able to use Jimmy, but there is no doubt in my mind that he holds all his DJ's to the same standard that he holds himself.

Reviewed on 4/03/2017 Jennifer W

We had a phenomenal experience with Jimmy D. From the planning process to the big day, he was the consummate professional. He always responsive to emails and calls, helped us outline our ceremony and reception and had plenty of music suggestions when we fell short on ideas.... Read More So many of our guests commented on how fun he made the reception and helped it move along smoothly. In addition, he is a warm and friendly person and continually put our minds at ease.

Reviewed on 3/06/2017 Emily D

Jimmy was AMAZING! He was very responsive, easy to reach, and provided exceptional service. He kept our crowd dancing all night long; there was never a moment that the dance floor was empty. He was so easy to work with and everyone raved about his song choices. He knew how to... Read More read the crowd and played music that appealed to all generations. I would 100% recommend Jimmy and Starz for your wedding or event!

Reviewed on 3/02/2017 Adriana O

We are so incredibly happy we chose Jimmy D to DJ our wedding! Jimmy was extremely professional and organized throughout the whole process. His planning skills really put us at ease prior to the event and ensured that the wedding ran smoothly (despite last minute weather venue... Read More changes). Jimmy incorporated our musical choices beautifully, and also ensured that the dance floor was lively at all times. Our wedding included families of different cultures, and he incorporated both seamlessly. Jimmy was fun and the music really just made our wedding a big, fun party, which is what we wanted. Would 100% recommend Jimmy D and Starz Entertainment!

Reviewed on 2/08/2017 Jenny K

Starz Entertainment was a great choice for our wedding DJ! We had Parker Jewell for our wedding and he was amazing!!! He's so nice and cool and fun and I had a great time planning my music with him for the big day. He was super easy to work with, and the company knows what's... Read More it's doing. I had a few random songs I wanted to have played and he was able to find new songs in addition to the thousands of songs they have on file already. It was a great value as well. Very affordable and well worth it! I would definitely recommend this company for any events!

Reviewed on 1/30/2017 Sammy Y

AMAZING DJ AND SERVICE!! Jimmy D and Starz Entertainment were on point and kept our crowd partying until the end of the event; our dance floor was never empty! So professional, creative and FUN! He understood us as a couple and made awesome mixes for our first dance and the... Read More father/daughter dance. I can't say enough good things about this DJ and Starz. We had compliments from so many of our guests about the awesome Music and how well he could read the crowd! If you want a fun wedding, go with DJ Jimmy D and Starz Entertainment!

Reviewed on 12/09/2016 Gina C

Jimmy Davenport was the DJ for our wedding. We knew right off the bat that we wanted to book him. In fact, after our meeting with him, we went outside for 2 minutes, talked, and caught him before he left to tell him we wanted to book him! The tools on the Starz website were... Read More really helpful for planning the entire wedding. I must admit, I was a little concerned at first when some of the songs I wanted were not on the website, but I entered them all in manually. When we had our planning meeting with Jimmy, he found them all, and got them in! We went through every song and every detail of the night in that meeting, in a surprisingly efficient and quick manner. I tried to be pretty laid back in the entire process, but if there was one thing I was uptight about, it was the first dance song, which was cut in the middle. Not only did Jimmy help us with the edit, he assured me that everything would go smoothly. The week of the wedding we had another call where Jimmy politely took in the comments and random requests of my father for the wedding music! Did not even seem to phase him, and he played my dad's requests, which turned out to be really fun! The day of the wedding, well, if anything did go wrong, I had no idea whatsoever. Not only was everything perfect, but all those weird "must have" songs we requested, he played (though many were at the end, for good reason!) Jimmy really played to the crowd and I know I was dancing all night. Also, the uplights he provided really made the entire room pop and look incredible. We had so much fun at our wedding, and we owe a huge thanks to Jimmy D! We could not have been happier with our DJ selection and I would recommend him to anyone!

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Lindsay D

Jimmy D. was AMAZING. He met and worked with us as many times as needed. He made suggestions for us and fulfilled all of our requests! Our wedding was an unforgettable night and everyone was having fun and on the dance floor the entire night. Not only did he play the best... Read More music but he was an excellent MC and kept the show running. He was the one vendor that we could truly count on and we are so thankful. We wish we could get married every weekend so we could hang out with Jimmy some more! Jimmy really is one of the BEST. If you want to throw a party for your guests then Jimmy is your guy! Thank you so much!! Love, Ryan & Lindsay 11.19.16

Reviewed on 11/14/2016

Jimmy, you were made for the entertainment business! You took over when we needed you to, you made sure the sound was synced to the people at the appropriate times during the ceremony, you helped us "herd" people without the use of ushers, everyone loved your song selections... Read More outside of what we selected, and throughout the entire planning process you were professional and made some amazing recommendations. Thank you for helping us make our special day even more amazing than we thought could ever happen! We love ya! Russ & Kristin

Reviewed on 11/14/2016

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Savanna J

We were so fortunate as to have Jimmy DJ our wedding & felt so blessed to have such a pro in charge of all our sound needs & reception! Throughout the entire planning process & finalizing details with him, as well as the entire day/night of our wedding, there was no doubt in our... Read More minds that we made the right decision! He was so fun & charismatic the whole night & kept our events & dancing flowing smoothly! Jimmy, thank you for going above & beyond to make sure our vision was captured & executed flawlessly. We felt so at ease knowing you had it all under control & would be gracious with whatever was thrown your way. We cannot thank you enough & wish we were getting married again next week so we could work with you again!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 sierra B

We were so happy that we booked with Starz Entertainment. Brent Owens was our DJ and he put on a great reception. He organized a timeline and was very understanding of our like and dislikes. Working with him was fun and he was always very organized and punctual. Brent was good... Read More energy, friendly and kept the crowd engaged. He knew when to switch up the music to ensure people kept dancing and we truly felt like he was having a great time at our wedding. You will definitely be in good hands and have a blast the night of your wedding with Brent as your DJ!!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Barbara B

I just wanted to thank you one more time for everything that you did to help make our daughter’s wedding just perfect. I just watched my friend’s video of the ceremony and I noticed all that you did to get our guests ready for the event, to get them seated and to turn their... Read More phones off. The music at the cocktail hour was perfect and the entire reception process was amazing. As soon as I heard Mack the Knife I knew it was going to be a perfect evening. And thank you again for all of your help with the slideshow video. I am so glad that we decided to move forward with showing the video at the reception and we so appreciate the last minute accommodations you made to support that. We are absolutely thrilled with your support and will certainly be recommending Starz Entertainment, and specifically you, to all of our friends, family and co-workers who are looking for your type of services. Thank you again. Barry & Barbara Brandeburg

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Izabela S

Jimmy, is amazing at what he does! We had a blast at our wedding, as did our guests. Jimmy is very organized, professional, and accommodating. He listens to your ideas and makes them work. He kept the crowd partying all night long, we did not have anyone sitting down looking... Read More bored. We had so much fun, we extended the reception twice! Jimmy and team, thank you all again for making our wedding one to remember.

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Sydney C

DJ Matt was really helpful throughout the night. There were a couple requests that we had made that weren't followed quite the way we asked, including announcing guest seating and playing requested music, but we had a lot of things we tried to work in to the night and her helped... Read More make most of them happen, overall satisfied with my experience and would use both the company and dj matt again if I ever hosted another event

Reviewed on 7/30/2016 Jessica M

Jimmy was the perfect DJ for our wedding! After a LOT of interviewing DJs, we met Jimmy and knew he would be the guy to make our wedding a fun party. His pricing is reasonable and his services are unmatched. His online portal for picking songs made planning easy and convenient.... Read More We had about three or four meetings with him before the wedding and every time I was reassured that he would make our wedding day run smoothly. He not only is a wonderful DJ, he was a great master of ceremonies, and all the vendors looked to him for scheduling. I never felt rushed once during the day, he keeps everything going at a steady pace. Once the music started, the party never stopped! His music selection was absolutely PERFECT and our guests were dancing all night long! Hiring Jimmy was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding, I would highly highly recommend him for your DJ needs!

Reviewed on 3/21/2016

Jimmy of Starz Entertainment did an absolutely fabulous job making sure everything went smoothly at our wedding and ensuring that we didn't have to worry about a thing. He was very thorough in planning ahead of time and made sure we were comfortable with all the decisions we... Read More made. He had a wonderful, positive energy as well. We would definitely hire Starz again in the future and recommend them to anyone else looking for a great DJ!

Jimmy Davenport at Starz Entertainment was a great DJ

Reviewed on 7/02/2015 Lisa T

We booked Jimmy Davenport for as our wedding DJ and MC. He was extremely professional. He was very helpful with picking our songs and planning our wedding timeline. He even went with me to our final wedding walk-thru so he knew where to setup and what to expect. Not only did... Read More he play great music and listen to our likes and dislikes, but he also played games with our guests. He had great ideas to get our guests involved, like bride and groom trivia games and wedding party introductions. He was flexible and never made us feel like we had to take his recommendations. His services also included an assistant who made sure everything was taking place on time, and she also helped keep the party going. Overall, he was one of our favorite wedding vendors and highly recommend him for your next event!

Reviewed on 6/20/2015 Anna M

Starz Entertainment provided the DJ services for my wedding at The Clayton on the Park on May 23, 2015, and did an awesome job! My husband and I really enjoyed working with Jimmy D to set up the specifics for our date, and then really pleased that Matt was our DJ. Matt was... Read More always professional and did a great job meeting our music needs. He also provided the mic for our officiant, and helped with sound for our ceremony. I was so impressed with the way Matt ran our reception and his funny off the cuff humor! He was knowledgeable and courteous being the master of ceremonies for our guests on our wedding night! My husband and I would highly recommend using Starz Entertainment and DJ Matt for any wedding or event!

Reviewed on 5/05/2015 Chad T

My wife did event planning as her job for a while. If the company wasn't reasonably priced, responsive and professional we didn't consider them. Starz and particularly Brad Neilson fit the bill and didn't disappoint. Brad rocked our wedding. We had a small wedding and... Read More everybody was dancing. I was really impressed that Brad was able to get people out there that normally won't go anywhere near a dance floor. He was able to seamlessly keep the party going. As the night progressed the music swept me and my wife away. It was incredible. Brad listened to what we wanted, gave his seasoned input and executed like no one else could have. Thanks Brad.

Very professional - Open Minded

Reviewed on 10/22/2014

We just re-celebrated our vows as they are now legal in Arizona. Jimmy was perfect the first time and it was even better this time! For an open minded professional you can't go wrong with Starz Entertainment! From beginning to end Jimmy was perfect. Not only have Kevin and I... Read More both gotten incredible reviews from the guests, but we are personally impressed with his level of enthusiasm and professionalism. We have been told over and over how perfect our wedding was. We attribute a huge part of this to Jimmy and Starz Entertainment.