Classical, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Klezmer, Latin

Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

14362 N Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd, Scottsdale, AZ (480) 830-1308

Reviewed on 12/09/2016 Gina C

Jimmy Davenport was the DJ for our wedding. We knew right off the bat that we wanted to book him. In fact, after our meeting with him, we went outside for 2 minutes, talked, and caught him before he left to tell him we wanted to book him! The tools on the Starz website were... Read More really helpful for planning the entire wedding. I must admit, I was a little concerned at first when some of the songs I wanted were not on the website, but I entered them all in manually. When we had our planning meeting with Jimmy, he found them all, and got them in! We went through every song and every detail of the night in that meeting, in a surprisingly efficient and quick manner. I tried to be pretty laid back in the entire process, but if there was one thing I was uptight about, it was the first dance song, which was cut in the middle. Not only did Jimmy help us with the edit, he assured me that everything would go smoothly. The week of the wedding we had another call where Jimmy politely took in the comments and random requests of my father for the wedding music! Did not even seem to phase him, and he played my dad's requests, which turned out to be really fun! The day of the wedding, well, if anything did go wrong, I had no idea whatsoever. Not only was everything perfect, but all those weird "must have" songs we requested, he played (though many were at the end, for good reason!) Jimmy really played to the crowd and I know I was dancing all night. Also, the uplights he provided really made the entire room pop and look incredible. We had so much fun at our wedding, and we owe a huge thanks to Jimmy D! We could not have been happier with our DJ selection and I would recommend him to anyone!

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Lindsay D

Jimmy D. was AMAZING. He met and worked with us as many times as needed. He made suggestions for us and fulfilled all of our requests! Our wedding was an unforgettable night and everyone was having fun and on the dance floor the entire night. Not only did he play the best... Read More music but he was an excellent MC and kept the show running. He was the one vendor that we could truly count on and we are so thankful. We wish we could get married every weekend so we could hang out with Jimmy some more! Jimmy really is one of the BEST. If you want to throw a party for your guests then Jimmy is your guy! Thank you so much!! Love, Ryan & Lindsay 11.19.16

Reviewed on 11/14/2016

Jimmy, you were made for the entertainment business! You took over when we needed you to, you made sure the sound was synced to the people at the appropriate times during the ceremony, you helped us "herd" people without the use of ushers, everyone loved your song selections... Read More outside of what we selected, and throughout the entire planning process you were professional and made some amazing recommendations. Thank you for helping us make our special day even more amazing than we thought could ever happen! We love ya! Russ & Kristin

Reviewed on 11/14/2016

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Savanna J

We were so fortunate as to have Jimmy DJ our wedding & felt so blessed to have such a pro in charge of all our sound needs & reception! Throughout the entire planning process & finalizing details with him, as well as the entire day/night of our wedding, there was no doubt in our... Read More minds that we made the right decision! He was so fun & charismatic the whole night & kept our events & dancing flowing smoothly! Jimmy, thank you for going above & beyond to make sure our vision was captured & executed flawlessly. We felt so at ease knowing you had it all under control & would be gracious with whatever was thrown your way. We cannot thank you enough & wish we were getting married again next week so we could work with you again!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 sierra B

We were so happy that we booked with Starz Entertainment. Brent Owens was our DJ and he put on a great reception. He organized a timeline and was very understanding of our like and dislikes. Working with him was fun and he was always very organized and punctual. Brent was good... Read More energy, friendly and kept the crowd engaged. He knew when to switch up the music to ensure people kept dancing and we truly felt like he was having a great time at our wedding. You will definitely be in good hands and have a blast the night of your wedding with Brent as your DJ!!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Barbara B

I just wanted to thank you one more time for everything that you did to help make our daughter’s wedding just perfect. I just watched my friend’s video of the ceremony and I noticed all that you did to get our guests ready for the event, to get them seated and to turn their... Read More phones off. The music at the cocktail hour was perfect and the entire reception process was amazing. As soon as I heard Mack the Knife I knew it was going to be a perfect evening. And thank you again for all of your help with the slideshow video. I am so glad that we decided to move forward with showing the video at the reception and we so appreciate the last minute accommodations you made to support that. We are absolutely thrilled with your support and will certainly be recommending Starz Entertainment, and specifically you, to all of our friends, family and co-workers who are looking for your type of services. Thank you again. Barry & Barbara Brandeburg

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Izabela S

Jimmy, is amazing at what he does! We had a blast at our wedding, as did our guests. Jimmy is very organized, professional, and accommodating. He listens to your ideas and makes them work. He kept the crowd partying all night long, we did not have anyone sitting down looking... Read More bored. We had so much fun, we extended the reception twice! Jimmy and team, thank you all again for making our wedding one to remember.

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Sydney C

DJ Matt was really helpful throughout the night. There were a couple requests that we had made that weren't followed quite the way we asked, including announcing guest seating and playing requested music, but we had a lot of things we tried to work in to the night and her helped... Read More make most of them happen, overall satisfied with my experience and would use both the company and dj matt again if I ever hosted another event

Reviewed on 7/30/2016 Jessica M

Jimmy was the perfect DJ for our wedding! After a LOT of interviewing DJs, we met Jimmy and knew he would be the guy to make our wedding a fun party. His pricing is reasonable and his services are unmatched. His online portal for picking songs made planning easy and convenient.... Read More We had about three or four meetings with him before the wedding and every time I was reassured that he would make our wedding day run smoothly. He not only is a wonderful DJ, he was a great master of ceremonies, and all the vendors looked to him for scheduling. I never felt rushed once during the day, he keeps everything going at a steady pace. Once the music started, the party never stopped! His music selection was absolutely PERFECT and our guests were dancing all night long! Hiring Jimmy was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding, I would highly highly recommend him for your DJ needs!

Reviewed on 3/21/2016

Jimmy of Starz Entertainment did an absolutely fabulous job making sure everything went smoothly at our wedding and ensuring that we didn't have to worry about a thing. He was very thorough in planning ahead of time and made sure we were comfortable with all the decisions we... Read More made. He had a wonderful, positive energy as well. We would definitely hire Starz again in the future and recommend them to anyone else looking for a great DJ!

Jimmy Davenport at Starz Entertainment was a great DJ

Reviewed on 7/02/2015 Lisa T

We booked Jimmy Davenport for as our wedding DJ and MC. He was extremely professional. He was very helpful with picking our songs and planning our wedding timeline. He even went with me to our final wedding walk-thru so he knew where to setup and what to expect. Not only did... Read More he play great music and listen to our likes and dislikes, but he also played games with our guests. He had great ideas to get our guests involved, like bride and groom trivia games and wedding party introductions. He was flexible and never made us feel like we had to take his recommendations. His services also included an assistant who made sure everything was taking place on time, and she also helped keep the party going. Overall, he was one of our favorite wedding vendors and highly recommend him for your next event!

Reviewed on 6/20/2015 Anna M

Starz Entertainment provided the DJ services for my wedding at The Clayton on the Park on May 23, 2015, and did an awesome job! My husband and I really enjoyed working with Jimmy D to set up the specifics for our date, and then really pleased that Matt was our DJ. Matt was... Read More always professional and did a great job meeting our music needs. He also provided the mic for our officiant, and helped with sound for our ceremony. I was so impressed with the way Matt ran our reception and his funny off the cuff humor! He was knowledgeable and courteous being the master of ceremonies for our guests on our wedding night! My husband and I would highly recommend using Starz Entertainment and DJ Matt for any wedding or event!

Reviewed on 5/05/2015 Chad T

My wife did event planning as her job for a while. If the company wasn't reasonably priced, responsive and professional we didn't consider them. Starz and particularly Brad Neilson fit the bill and didn't disappoint. Brad rocked our wedding. We had a small wedding and... Read More everybody was dancing. I was really impressed that Brad was able to get people out there that normally won't go anywhere near a dance floor. He was able to seamlessly keep the party going. As the night progressed the music swept me and my wife away. It was incredible. Brad listened to what we wanted, gave his seasoned input and executed like no one else could have. Thanks Brad.

Very professional - Open Minded

Reviewed on 10/22/2014

We just re-celebrated our vows as they are now legal in Arizona. Jimmy was perfect the first time and it was even better this time! For an open minded professional you can't go wrong with Starz Entertainment! From beginning to end Jimmy was perfect. Not only have Kevin and I... Read More both gotten incredible reviews from the guests, but we are personally impressed with his level of enthusiasm and professionalism. We have been told over and over how perfect our wedding was. We attribute a huge part of this to Jimmy and Starz Entertainment.

Great DJ!

Reviewed on 10/22/2014 Stacey S

Jimmy was incredible. He is so easy to work with and willing to customized any songs. For instance, my husband surprised his mom with a "Baby Got Back" intro to their slow dance. It was a fun moment since he was teasing her about the song during the planning process. Jimmy kept... Read More the dance party going all night. Everything went smoothly and on schedule. Without Jimmy I would have been a very stressed out bride. I have already recommended Starz Entertainment to numerous guests and will be sure to in the future. Thank you again for making our wedding such a blast!

Best DJ/MC ever!

Reviewed on 6/18/2014 Lindsay K

Jimmy was phenomenal. We were running late due to photos, etc. and he adapted and executed everything planned perfectly. He kept the crowd engaged and that was the most important aspect of the evening. Jimmy kept it fun and energized and helped create the perfect mood for the... Read More wedding. He was super cooperative with all of our song and event requests because we definitely had some unique components of the night and wanted to make it something our guests would remember...and they did! Jimmy and Starz Entertainment is flawless. They take the time to get to know you, understand everything you want out of a DJ/MC and what you want the energy to be for the entire evening. Jimmy helped create the soundtrack of the most important day of our lives and I can't express how happy I was to go with him. I want to have a wedding every year just so I can have a reason to work with Jimmy D. again.

Jimmy D!

Reviewed on 4/28/2014 Corrie C

Jimmy D was GREAT! He was an absolute pleasure to work with. He was so flexible and organized from the very beginning. Jimmy D did an amazing job making sure that timeline of the wedding moved along. He also knew how to switch he moods of the room when necessary. We wanted... Read More high energy - and he was able to do exactly that. I highly recommend Jimmy D!

DJ Bobby Bruno

Reviewed on 11/28/2013 Stacie R

I hired Bobby Bruno as my DJ. He has his own company as well...but works with Starz Entertainment. Overall service was average. He was very nice, but I felt he took on too much business and couldn't give you the time and attention needed to make sure all the details were done... Read More the way you wanted them. I was also promised 2 DJ's and he came alone. After everything was started and situated (half way through the reception), it was better. I was just disappointed because I put a lot of thought and small details into my wedding and many weren't implemented.

Starz Entertainment

Reviewed on 7/27/2013 Tiffany K

Jimmy D with Starz Entertainment did a fantastic job providing us DJ services for our wedding and reception. Jimmy D has a great and well-deserved reputation in the DJ community. We are lucky we were able to hire him to DJ our wedding and reception. He has many years of... Read More experience and it shows. He was energetic and super professional in every aspect of the planning and execution of our wedding and reception. He answered our emails immediately and met with us several times before the wedding to make sure we had everything set up the way we wanted. He spent hours before and after, setting up to make sure the lighting and sound was the best it could be. He had great suggestions for songs and activities and helped make our wedding and reception absolutely perfect. It was seamless, and everyone had a great time! We highly, highly, recommend Jimmy D and Starz Entertainment for DJ services!

Very professional

Reviewed on 10/30/2012 Little P

I loved Starz online planning tool, it made planning the reception 1000 times easier for me. Craig was great, very knowledgable and professional. All my guest thought the reception was a blast!

Excellent DJ!

Reviewed on 9/30/2012 Chris N

I recently got married and had Bobby Bruno at Starz Entertainment DJ my event. We talked over the phone and in person several times before my wedding in order to get all of the music selections straightened out. He play a great variety of music and kept the party going until... Read More almost midnight! I have never been to a wedding where the guests do not want to leave!! He was truly a "Master of Ceremonies" and helped to make my wedding night a special evening. I would recommend Bobby for a wedding or any event!

beautiful

Reviewed on 5/15/2012 ashley l

priceless is all i can say

Super Entertainment and Event!

Reviewed on 5/07/2012 Erin M

Matthew Bolt from Starz did a fantastic job making our special day more fun than imagined! I would recommend Starz anyday! Great time!!

DJ set the tone for a perfect wedding!

Reviewed on 11/10/2011 andrea p

I am so thankful for my DJ Josh. He had the perfect playlist of his own choices and our requests. We were getting compliments on the playlist all night. He basically ran the wedding for us, because he knew when to start the reception, cake cutting, bouquet toss, etc. It... Read More takes away all the stress of worrying about it. My family that chatted with him loved him. I would use starz again. They are very organized and match you with the perfect dj.

Start a Conversation!