Starz Entertainment

$$$ - Moderate

Specialty

Big Band/Swing, Classical, Country/Folk, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Klezmer, Latin, Other Specialty, R&B, Top 40/Pop, Variety

Type

Alternative Entertainment, Ceremony Music, Disc Jockey, Live Music

14362 N Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd Suite #1000, Scottsdale, AZ

Reviewed on 5/05/2015 Chad T

My wife did event planning as her job for a while. If the company wasn't reasonably priced, responsive and professional we didn't consider them. Starz and particularly Brad Neilson fit the bill and didn't disappoint. Brad rocked our wedding. We had a small wedding and everybody was dancing. I was really impressed that Brad was able to get people out there that normally won't go anywhere near a dance floor. He was able to seamlessly keep the party going. As the night progressed the music swept me and my wife away. It was incredible. Brad listened to what we wanted, gave his seasoned input and executed like no one else could have. Thanks Brad.

Very professional - Open Minded

Reviewed on 10/22/2014

We just re-celebrated our vows as they are now legal in Arizona. Jimmy was perfect the first time and it was even better this time! For an open minded professional you can't go wrong with Starz Entertainment! From beginning to end Jimmy was perfect. Not only have Kevin and I both gotten incredible reviews from the guests, but we are personally impressed with his level of enthusiasm and professionalism. We have been told over and over how perfect our wedding was. We attribute a huge part of this to Jimmy and Starz Entertainment.

Great DJ!

Reviewed on 10/22/2014 Stacey S

Jimmy was incredible. He is so easy to work with and willing to customized any songs. For instance, my husband surprised his mom with a "Baby Got Back" intro to their slow dance. It was a fun moment since he was teasing her about the song during the planning process. Jimmy kept the dance party going all night. Everything went smoothly and on schedule. Without Jimmy I would have been a very stressed out bride. I have already recommended Starz Entertainment to numerous guests and will be sure to in the future. Thank you again for making our wedding such a blast!

Best DJ/MC ever!

Reviewed on 6/18/2014 Lindsay K

Jimmy was phenomenal. We were running late due to photos, etc. and he adapted and executed everything planned perfectly. He kept the crowd engaged and that was the most important aspect of the evening. Jimmy kept it fun and energized and helped create the perfect mood for the wedding. He was super cooperative with all of our song and event requests because we definitely had some unique components of the night and wanted to make it something our guests would remember...and they did! Jimmy and Starz Entertainment is flawless. They take the time to get to know you, understand everything you want out of a DJ/MC and what you want the energy to be for the entire evening. Jimmy helped create the soundtrack of the most important day of our lives and I can't express how happy I was to go with him. I want to have a wedding every year just so I can have a reason to work with Jimmy D. again.

Jimmy D!

Reviewed on 4/28/2014 Corrie C

Jimmy D was GREAT! He was an absolute pleasure to work with. He was so flexible and organized from the very beginning. Jimmy D did an amazing job making sure that timeline of the wedding moved along. He also knew how to switch he moods of the room when necessary. We wanted high energy - and he was able to do exactly that. I highly recommend Jimmy D!

Starz Entertainment

Reviewed on 7/27/2013 Tiffany K

Jimmy D with Starz Entertainment did a fantastic job providing us DJ services for our wedding and reception. Jimmy D has a great and well-deserved reputation in the DJ community. We are lucky we were able to hire him to DJ our wedding and reception. He has many years of experience and it shows. He was energetic and super professional in every aspect of the planning and execution of our wedding and reception. He answered our emails immediately and met with us several times before the wedding to make sure we had everything set up the way we wanted. He spent hours before and after, setting up to make sure the lighting and sound was the best it could be. He had great suggestions for songs and activities and helped make our wedding and reception absolutely perfect. It was seamless, and everyone had a great time! We highly, highly, recommend Jimmy D and Starz Entertainment for DJ services!

Very professional

Reviewed on 10/30/2012 Little P

I loved Starz online planning tool, it made planning the reception 1000 times easier for me. Craig was great, very knowledgable and professional. All my guest thought the reception was a blast!

Super Entertainment and Event!

Reviewed on 5/07/2012 Erin M

Matthew Bolt from Starz did a fantastic job making our special day more fun than imagined! I would recommend Starz anyday! Great time!!

DJ set the tone for a perfect wedding!

Reviewed on 11/10/2011 andrea p

I am so thankful for my DJ Josh. He had the perfect playlist of his own choices and our requests. We were getting compliments on the playlist all night. He basically ran the wedding for us, because he knew when to start the reception, cake cutting, bouquet toss, etc. It takes away all the stress of worrying about it. My family that chatted with him loved him. I would use starz again. They are very organized and match you with the perfect dj.

Starz and James are the greatest!!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2011 Wendy P

We had interviewed too many DJs to number when we came across Starz. From the start, their professionalism set them apart from others. After meeting with our DJ/MC, James Mennas, we knew we had found the right fit. James was great! He listened to us in both meetings and made sure the night was just what we wanted: classy and fun! Our guests repeatedly mentioned what a great job they thought James did! He promised that his goal was to make sure our night went perfectly and he certainly delivered!!! We certainly recommend Starz Entertainment and James!!!

Awesome Service! Exactly what we wanted!

Reviewed on 6/10/2011 Diane D

Starz Entertainment was recommended by my niece after talking to numerous DJs and being very dismayed at the lack of professionalism. They were by far the most professional company we dealt with, we originally talked to a young man named Matt. He met with us and was extremely nice and helpful, but stated Eric would be better as all of our guests were over 60 and Eric had been doing weddings for 30 years. Eric was absolutely wonderful. He came and met us at a Starbucks close to our home and set us at ease immediately. This was not our first go round and Eric was very good with listening and not forcing us to do all the normal stuff. He surprised us by getting some radio footage from a 1940's radio show that we mentioned. He was perfect for our wedding, and we are certain with the questions he asked and the way he listened he would deliver what anyone asked for. From beginning to end and with everyone we dealt with Starz Entertainment was wonderful. It has now been 2 month and we are still having friends mention it was the most fun they had in years!

Great DJ!

Reviewed on 5/25/2011 Lindsey R

We chose Starz Entertainment because a friend had used them for her wedding and recommended them. We had John Green as our DJ and he did a fantastic job. We met with John several months before the wedding initially. Starz has a fantastic website that allows you to pick your songs and fill in all your information about the wedding party, song choices, etc. before the wedding. I really loved how organized and easy it was to use. At the initial meeting John told us our homework was to go home and write our custom intros and think about song choices. We met with him once again about 3 weeks before the wedding and went over final selections and any changes. John is very professional. He is very good at recommending songs if you are having trouble coming up with them. At the wedding he was fantastic. He arrived early and got all set up. He greeted our guests and went around to each table asking for recommendations and then brought those recommendations to us. He kept the night flowing smoothly. He made great music selections. He got our guests into the music and having fun. One of the things that really stuck out for me was how much he went above and beyond what he needed to do. At one point I was looking around for gifts that we were going to give our grandparents. He saw me looking as asked what I was doing and then he said “I’ll take care of it.” The same thing happened later with my toss bouquet – I didn’t know where it was when he asked about it. He said “I’ll take care of it.” And he did! Next thing I knew the gifts and the bouquet were sitting on our table. He didn’t need to do that, it wasn’t his job, but he just got it done so I didn’t have to worry about a thing. Everyone says your DJ is so important to the night and John did a fantastic job keeping the night moving along smoothly, keeping track of timing for us, playing great songs, and getting our guests into the wedding.

What a party!

Reviewed on 5/26/2010 LEA P

Starz Entertainment could not have been more entertaining! Our DJ, Eric, went out of his way to get us what we wanted. The song I requested was not available on CD and Eric, went out of his way to find it and take out background noise so that I would have the perfect song. The day of the wedding, our venue was not great, and Eric went above and beyond to make us happy! He went to the point to get us drinks and food because non of the venue members were! Eric was wonderful to work with, and we will use them again in the future! You won't be sorry by using Starz Entertainment!

TO Starz Entertainment