Stephanie Nelson Makeup & Hair

Stephanie is a New York trained make-up & hair artist in the DFW specializing in bridal techniques. She & her team bring out the best in each woman she works with. Each artist truly amplifies the natural beauty of the person to make each look flawless & stunning on their day!

Beauty Group Bookings, Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Makeup, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Beauty

4908 Bryan Street, Dallas, TX (214) 460-8248

Beautiful work! Fun and fabulous team!

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Kathlena S

Stephanie is amazing. Her work speaks for itself, she does a flawless face and gorgeous hair. I would recommend her and her team to anyone needing hair/makeup services and have! We had a brunch wedding and even though they had to start our hair/makeup at 6 am, they arrived... Read More bright and excited about getting us ready! Her team is professional and fun. They are kept to a high standard as well. They take initiative to go to continuing education courses and conventions to keep their skills up to date and on the cutting edge. As far as my hair and makeup, Stephanie did two trials for me. The first one was about two hours as she went through about 5 different looks to make sure we found the right one. The second she did becuase I had changed my mind about my hair once I purchased my veil and I could not have been happier with the results. She takes pride in her work and really cares about her brides. She also did my makeup for the rehearsal dinner and when I told her to just do something fun, she nailed it exactly! I was so happy with the different looks she created for me every time. All in all, this is an artist you should book, she is worth every penny and her team is just as good.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Kristin H

Stephanie is the best! Not only is her work gorgeous, but she is so organized and easy to work with! After my trial, I was nervous my groom would think the make up was a little much, but he literally said "Wow! That's what you're going to look like for our wedding? You look so... Read More beautiful!" as soon as he saw me. Stephanie is simply the best! I have to tout her organization too... she requests info back on how all of you bridesmaids want their hair & make up done too so there are no questions on wedding day. She's a woman after my own heart! I was so appreciative and this helped wedding day go off without a hitch. They were punctual and we finished exactly on time. Thank you, Stephanie, for making me & bridesmaids & mom/mom-in-law as beautiful as we could be for my wedding!

Reviewed on 11/22/2015 Linda N

Stephanie and her team did such an amazing job on myself and my 6 bridesmaids! I was nervous at first because it can be challenging to find someone that can do makeup on my skin complexion and my olive skin tone (I'm Asian) as I had a bad experience before. However, that all... Read More went away after the bridal trial! I wanted an updo and did not want my makeup to be heavy. Stephanie did a flawless job! Every single bridesmaid said that this was their best professional hair/makeup experience hands down, and loved their looks! Even though we started at 5 am, Stephanie and her team were full of energy and were enjoyable to work with! I also used Stephanie for touch-ups before my wedding reception since it was hours after the ceremony. I would not hesitant to use her again. Thank you for making us all look beautiful for the big day!

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Taylor P

I booked Stephanie for my make up / hair for my wedding along with 7 bridesmaids and 2 mothers. I was very pleased with how everything turned out. Stephanie did my hair /make up for my engagement pictures and bridals as well. I received multiple comments on my hair / make up... Read More from my engagements and was so happy to get them done for these! I loved my hair / make up for my wedding. After bridals, there was something I noticed with my hair that I wanted to change for the wedding - Stephanie took note of this and executed flawlessly for the wedding. Stephanie and her team did a great job with my bridesmaids hair / make up and our mothers; my mom received TONS of compliments as well with how beautiful she looked. Stephanie was very friendly and professional the entire time. She always had a smile on her face and was willing to work with us. Her team was fun when they came to the venue on our wedding day and I'm so happy that we were able to share part of our special day with them! She stayed a little later to help get the "touch up shots" for our photographer as well. Thank you for making us all look and feel so beautiful!!

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Sarah K

Stephanie and her team ROCKED our wedding day! We can't thank them enough for the efficiency and perfection in making us look as beautiful as we did. I really appreciated Stephanie's willingness to be flexible as I changed the "schedule" like a week before my big day. She was SO... Read More sweet with me and moved things around so that we could get ready where I wanted to get ready. She even brought an extra person without asking. GREAT service! Honestly will recommend them to any and everyone I can, they are the sweetest and most professional! Book them now!

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Sarah W

Victoria and her team were AMAZING! My Make-Up and Hair were Flawless! The team is so professional and talented. They all really go above and beyond to make sure you and your wedding party feel the best on your special! I would HIGHLY recommend them! Such a dream to work with!!

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Megan H

If you do one thing, book Stephanie for your hair and makeup. It was by far the best decision I made throughout the entire planning process. My hair and makeup were STUNNING. Literally everyone was completely obsessed. I don't wear a lot of make up usually, and she made me look... Read More natural and absolutely flawless. And my hair was the prettiest I have ever seen it in a beautiful up do. Stephanie is so sweet and personable and made the whole process of getting ready a blast! She even took the cutest boomerang of me and my bridesmaids. I will seriously go back to her to do my hair and makeup for special occasions. BOOK HER FOR YOUR WEDDING!!!!

Reviewed on 5/03/2017 Emma R

Stephanie is literally the best!!!! We did my trial and I just fell in love with her, she was so professional, sweet and on top of everything!!

Reviewed on 5/03/2017 Brooke D

I had Stephanie and two of her team members (Ashlee and Victoria) at my wedding a month ago , from the beginning I knew I wanted Stephanie to do my h/m and could not have been happier with my decision - my hair and makeup were everything! She was a dream from the beginning and... Read More even managed to keep not only myself calm but my mom and mother-in-law too!

Reviewed on 5/03/2017 Rachael O

Stephanie is amazing. Second to none. Do yourself a favor, and pick her for wedding h/m!

Reviewed on 5/03/2017 Courtney M

The team at Stephanie Nelson Makeup & Hair blew me away for my wedding day! Everyone on the team arrived early, set up, and started right away allowing us to be done early (hello! more time for pictures!!). Stephanie personally did my makeup & hair for weddings in the past then... Read More did my engagements, bridal showers, rehearsal dinner, & of course wedding day. You will not regret this decision - they are truly the best!

Reviewed on 5/03/2017 Alisha M

I first contacted this company on TheKnot.com. I messaged asking for availability and rates. The booking woman was very friendly in her response and said she would answer any questions I may have. I did have a few and responded. At first they were very prompt in returning... Read More e-mails and all of a sudden went cold turkey. I messaged SEVERAL times throught The Knot messaging, called the cell phone number that was provided. When I called the cell number the voicemail provided me with an e-mail address that would help get a quicker response. I tried this e-mail address MANY MANY MANY times. I had ZERO responses from this company after the initial conversation. I asked them to let me know EITHER WAY if they booked my date or not. STILL NO RESPONSES. I thought to myself that something may had happened but the companies instagram and facebook were still being updated. I will NEVER suggest this company to all my engaged friends who are getting married. VERY poor customer service. BEWARE.

Reviewed on 4/10/2017 kortney l

Ashlee was great! She did my wedding hair and makeup, along with my 4 bridesmaids. She was super sweet even when I changed my mind on the hair post trial. They were very responsive and professional from booking to the day of...These girls are great, and my girls were happy!

Reviewed on 2/22/2017 Sarah L

Stephanie and her team were absolutely wonderful. I stumbled upon her information here on The Knot and read such wonderful reviews. When I reached out I was very pleased to find that she is priced reasonably based on other services I had quoted online. We had 10 ladies... Read More (including myself) getting hair and make up done before the wedding and boy was I worried about getting through that many! I definitely should not have worried!! She reached out directly to each of the ladies who requested services to ensure she knew ahead of time what make up and hair styles each one wanted. Stephanie and 2 other stylists came up to our venue in McKinney, set up in the bridal room, and stayed ahead of schedule all day long. Everyone LOVED their hair and make up (which lasted all night long). Highly Recommend!

Reviewed on 1/31/2017 Meggie T

Amazing! I had the pleasure of photographing Stephanie Nelson Makeup & Hairs work at a styled shoot and it was stunning! They did a fabulous job!

Reviewed on 1/20/2017 Liz I

Stephanie is a rockstar! She nailed our vision with perfect execution! Her personality is so easy-going that makes everyone feel so comfortable. I would completely trust Stephanie with any hair or makeup needs!

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Allison T

Stephanie was fantastic! She is professional, organized, and fun to work with. She did everything possible to make sure my hair and makeup trial was perfect and that I felt comfortable going into my wedding day. I don’t usually wear much make up and was worried about the makeup... Read More being too much for my wedding. She was so patient with me during the trial to make sure I felt completely comfortable with my makeup. Also, I have straight, thin hair and really wanted to wear it half up/half down and curly. My hair stayed curly and in place throughout the entire ceremony and reception! The day of the wedding, Stephanie started and ended right on time and was able to finish 6 bridesmaids, my mother, mother-in-law and flower girl with the help of her assistant. The process along the way was smooth, booking my trial was easy, and Stephanie was able to make me feel comfortable and answer my questions in a timely manner. And, she was able to do all this while she was planning her own wedding!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Katelynn Y

Stephanie did makeup for my wedding in September! She took on 12 sets of makeup for my bridal party and mothers by HERSELF! She was so fun to work with! I did my bridal trial run with her and had to book her for my wedding. Absolutely loved my makeup for the big day! Would... Read More highly recommend to any bride! Thanks again! Katie Mireles

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Lucretia G

Stephanie and her team were amazing! The whole process of booking and trials were very easy to do. Everyone loved their look and looked great the day of!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Lauren H

My hair and makeup looked AMAZING! I didn't want to take it off! My bridesmaids and flower girl looked awesome!. The girls with long thick hair that were so worried even kept their hair up the next day! Thank you for everything!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Molly H

Daniela and her team did an amazing job for my wedding! I had her and 3 other women from SN do everyone's hair and makeup and they did so great. I wanted everyone to look very naturally pretty. They listened to what I wanted exactly and didn't put too much make-up on the girls.... Read More Everyone looked flawless in the photos. Stephanie was awesome at responding quickly to emails and any concerns I had. They are an all star team!

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Natasha A

I wanted to love Stephanie Nelson’s Makeup and Hair based on my online research about them, however, based on my experience, I can only say they were ok. My artist, Daniela, did arrive early, which I liked. I asked her if she found the place ok and she informed me that she found... Read More it easily since she lives only 5 mins away. That was a nice detail to know, especially since I was charged as she would travel from the salon, which is not an insignificant distance from my house. Daniela seemed to be rather cold, though professional. She did not express much emotion toward the fact that it was my wedding day. Now I was not asking for anything extraordinary from her but I would expect for someone who’s doing such a big service as bridal hair and makeup to be a bit more upbeat. She did tell me about a breakup with her boyfriend of 10 years though, something a bride would probably not want to hear, especially on her wedding day. Honestly, this made me feel uncomfortable. I liked my makeup and I loved my hair. She did exactly what I wanted for my hair, however my makeup looked exaggerated from the makeup on the photos that have been shown to her. My mom did not love her makeup either and Daniela slightly fixed it to where my mom was content. I asked Daniela to very lightly style my mom’s hair since there still was time for it. Now to be clear, I did not ask for any complicated style or hairdo, since my mom has very short hair and not much can even be done with it. She straightened only her front strands and put some product to fixate it. Total time Daniela spent working with my mom’s hair was 10 minutes at most and my credit card was charged $65. This is beyond steep for the work that has been done. Overall, I expected a better experience from a bridal hair/makeup artist.

Reviewed on 6/20/2016 Chelsea P

Stephanie is AMAZING!! I could not have been happier with my hair and makeup at my wedding. She went way out of her way to help me get organized and stay calm on my wedding day. She and her assistant were both so nice to work with. She made everyone's hair and makeup look... Read More incredible and exactly what I wanted. I cannot recommend her more!!

Reviewed on 6/16/2016 Kathryn W

Stephanie was great to work with in booking & scheduling! And we loved working with Daniela and Victoria for the wedding, they were awesome. They arrived on time and and had us ready on time and beautiful!

Reviewed on 6/16/2016 Lauren W

Loveeeee them!! I originally booked Ashlee for hair and had a different vendor for makeup, however a couple months before the wedding I went ahead and cut ties with my makeup girl for several reasons. In comes SN Makeup & Hair and Daniela to the rescue! Ashlee and Daniela did my... Read More hair and makeup for boudoir, bridals, and wedding day along with all of my bridesmaids. Not only are they fun to hang out with, they do a great job of really creating the look that you want! They are definitely professional, which was a nice change of pace from my original makeup vendor. I will definitely be using them for any hair/makeup needs in the future, and I can't recommend them enough!

Stephanie Nelson

Stephanie specializes in bridal and special occasion artistry. With a vivacious energy, she brings out the best in each woman she works with. Stephanie truly amplifies the natural beauty of the person she works with to make each look flawless and stunning on their day, from homecoming and prom to engagement parties and weddings. To further ensure a stress free experience, Stephanie will happily accommodate clients onsite, in her studio or at another location.