Stephanie Nelson Makeup & Hair

Stephanie is a New York trained make-up & hair artist in the DFW specializing in bridal techniques. She & her team bring out the best in each woman she works with. Each artist truly amplifies the natural beauty of the person to make each look flawless & stunning on their day!

Beauty Group Bookings, Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Makeup, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Beauty

4908 Bryan Street, Dallas, TX (214) 460-8248

Beautiful work! Fun and fabulous team!

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Kathlena S

Stephanie is amazing. Her work speaks for itself, she does a flawless face and gorgeous hair. I would recommend her and her team to anyone needing hair/makeup services and have! We had a brunch wedding and even though they had to start our hair/makeup at 6 am, they arrived... Read More bright and excited about getting us ready! Her team is professional and fun. They are kept to a high standard as well. They take initiative to go to continuing education courses and conventions to keep their skills up to date and on the cutting edge. As far as my hair and makeup, Stephanie did two trials for me. The first one was about two hours as she went through about 5 different looks to make sure we found the right one. The second she did becuase I had changed my mind about my hair once I purchased my veil and I could not have been happier with the results. She takes pride in her work and really cares about her brides. She also did my makeup for the rehearsal dinner and when I told her to just do something fun, she nailed it exactly! I was so happy with the different looks she created for me every time. All in all, this is an artist you should book, she is worth every penny and her team is just as good.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Kristin H

Stephanie is the best! Not only is her work gorgeous, but she is so organized and easy to work with! After my trial, I was nervous my groom would think the make up was a little much, but he literally said "Wow! That's what you're going to look like for our wedding? You look so... Read More beautiful!" as soon as he saw me. Stephanie is simply the best! I have to tout her organization too... she requests info back on how all of you bridesmaids want their hair & make up done too so there are no questions on wedding day. She's a woman after my own heart! I was so appreciative and this helped wedding day go off without a hitch. They were punctual and we finished exactly on time. Thank you, Stephanie, for making me & bridesmaids & mom/mom-in-law as beautiful as we could be for my wedding!

Reviewed on 11/22/2015 Linda N

Stephanie and her team did such an amazing job on myself and my 6 bridesmaids! I was nervous at first because it can be challenging to find someone that can do makeup on my skin complexion and my olive skin tone (I'm Asian) as I had a bad experience before. However, that all... Read More went away after the bridal trial! I wanted an updo and did not want my makeup to be heavy. Stephanie did a flawless job! Every single bridesmaid said that this was their best professional hair/makeup experience hands down, and loved their looks! Even though we started at 5 am, Stephanie and her team were full of energy and were enjoyable to work with! I also used Stephanie for touch-ups before my wedding reception since it was hours after the ceremony. I would not hesitant to use her again. Thank you for making us all look beautiful for the big day!

Reviewed on 2/22/2017 Sarah L

Stephanie and her team were absolutely wonderful. I stumbled upon her information here on The Knot and read such wonderful reviews. When I reached out I was very pleased to find that she is priced reasonably based on other services I had quoted online. We had 10 ladies... Read More (including myself) getting hair and make up done before the wedding and boy was I worried about getting through that many! I definitely should not have worried!! She reached out directly to each of the ladies who requested services to ensure she knew ahead of time what make up and hair styles each one wanted. Stephanie and 2 other stylists came up to our venue in McKinney, set up in the bridal room, and stayed ahead of schedule all day long. Everyone LOVED their hair and make up (which lasted all night long). Highly Recommend!

Reviewed on 1/31/2017 Meggie T

Amazing! I had the pleasure of photographing Stephanie Nelson Makeup & Hairs work at a styled shoot and it was stunning! They did a fabulous job!

Reviewed on 1/20/2017 Liz I

Stephanie is a rockstar! She nailed our vision with perfect execution! Her personality is so easy-going that makes everyone feel so comfortable. I would completely trust Stephanie with any hair or makeup needs!

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Allison T

Stephanie was fantastic! She is professional, organized, and fun to work with. She did everything possible to make sure my hair and makeup trial was perfect and that I felt comfortable going into my wedding day. I don’t usually wear much make up and was worried about the makeup... Read More being too much for my wedding. She was so patient with me during the trial to make sure I felt completely comfortable with my makeup. Also, I have straight, thin hair and really wanted to wear it half up/half down and curly. My hair stayed curly and in place throughout the entire ceremony and reception! The day of the wedding, Stephanie started and ended right on time and was able to finish 6 bridesmaids, my mother, mother-in-law and flower girl with the help of her assistant. The process along the way was smooth, booking my trial was easy, and Stephanie was able to make me feel comfortable and answer my questions in a timely manner. And, she was able to do all this while she was planning her own wedding!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Katelynn Y

Stephanie did makeup for my wedding in September! She took on 12 sets of makeup for my bridal party and mothers by HERSELF! She was so fun to work with! I did my bridal trial run with her and had to book her for my wedding. Absolutely loved my makeup for the big day! Would... Read More highly recommend to any bride! Thanks again! Katie Mireles

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Lucretia G

Stephanie and her team were amazing! The whole process of booking and trials were very easy to do. Everyone loved their look and looked great the day of!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Lauren H

My hair and makeup looked AMAZING! I didn't want to take it off! My bridesmaids and flower girl looked awesome!. The girls with long thick hair that were so worried even kept their hair up the next day! Thank you for everything!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Molly H

Daniela and her team did an amazing job for my wedding! I had her and 3 other women from SN do everyone's hair and makeup and they did so great. I wanted everyone to look very naturally pretty. They listened to what I wanted exactly and didn't put too much make-up on the girls.... Read More Everyone looked flawless in the photos. Stephanie was awesome at responding quickly to emails and any concerns I had. They are an all star team!

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Natasha A

I wanted to love Stephanie Nelson’s Makeup and Hair based on my online research about them, however, based on my experience, I can only say they were ok. My artist, Daniela, did arrive early, which I liked. I asked her if she found the place ok and she informed me that she found... Read More it easily since she lives only 5 mins away. That was a nice detail to know, especially since I was charged as she would travel from the salon, which is not an insignificant distance from my house. Daniela seemed to be rather cold, though professional. She did not express much emotion toward the fact that it was my wedding day. Now I was not asking for anything extraordinary from her but I would expect for someone who’s doing such a big service as bridal hair and makeup to be a bit more upbeat. She did tell me about a breakup with her boyfriend of 10 years though, something a bride would probably not want to hear, especially on her wedding day. Honestly, this made me feel uncomfortable. I liked my makeup and I loved my hair. She did exactly what I wanted for my hair, however my makeup looked exaggerated from the makeup on the photos that have been shown to her. My mom did not love her makeup either and Daniela slightly fixed it to where my mom was content. I asked Daniela to very lightly style my mom’s hair since there still was time for it. Now to be clear, I did not ask for any complicated style or hairdo, since my mom has very short hair and not much can even be done with it. She straightened only her front strands and put some product to fixate it. Total time Daniela spent working with my mom’s hair was 10 minutes at most and my credit card was charged $65. This is beyond steep for the work that has been done. Overall, I expected a better experience from a bridal hair/makeup artist.

Reviewed on 6/20/2016 Chelsea P

Stephanie is AMAZING!! I could not have been happier with my hair and makeup at my wedding. She went way out of her way to help me get organized and stay calm on my wedding day. She and her assistant were both so nice to work with. She made everyone's hair and makeup look... Read More incredible and exactly what I wanted. I cannot recommend her more!!

Reviewed on 6/16/2016 Kathryn W

Stephanie was great to work with in booking & scheduling! And we loved working with Daniela and Victoria for the wedding, they were awesome. They arrived on time and and had us ready on time and beautiful!

Reviewed on 6/16/2016 Lauren W

Loveeeee them!! I originally booked Ashlee for hair and had a different vendor for makeup, however a couple months before the wedding I went ahead and cut ties with my makeup girl for several reasons. In comes SN Makeup & Hair and Daniela to the rescue! Ashlee and Daniela did my... Read More hair and makeup for boudoir, bridals, and wedding day along with all of my bridesmaids. Not only are they fun to hang out with, they do a great job of really creating the look that you want! They are definitely professional, which was a nice change of pace from my original makeup vendor. I will definitely be using them for any hair/makeup needs in the future, and I can't recommend them enough!

Reviewed on 6/10/2016 Shelley L

Couldn't of asked for a better team for hair and make up for my wedding day. My bridesmaids all looked INCREDIBLE and I was beyond happy with the look Victoria created for me. Stephanie and her team are incredibly punctual, kind and talented. My hair and make up stayed intact... Read More ALL night and I received so many compliments. I also used them for engagement photos and a bridal trial. Highly recommend - LOVE Stephanie Nelson Makeup & Hair!

Reviewed on 6/09/2016 Tristian A

Stephanie and her team were amazing! Stephanie did my hair/makeup for my engagements and it was exactly what I was looking for. During my trial for my bridal hair, Stephanie was patient and nailed the look I was wanting but couldn't explain. Stephanie and her assistant went... Read More above and beyond! My maid of honor was very concerned about her hair staying up all night (it didn't for her wedding) but it looked perfect at the end of the night! I had my mom and mother-in-laws makeup/hair done as well and I have never seen them look so beautiful! Stephanie even stuck around after completing everyone's hair/makeup to assist with pinning some dresses and getting them to look perfect. She is amazing and such a joy to work with! If I ever need hair/makeup done again, she's my girl!!

Reviewed on 6/09/2016

We hired Stephanie and two of her senior artists for my wedding day (6 bridesmaids, mother of the groom, and myself). They did an amazing job! Stephanie and her team are SO SO talented. I loved my hair and makeup (and I'm picky with my hair and makeup). Stephanie took my... Read More feedback from the practice day, and really delivered! I felt so gorgeous on both the practice day and on the wedding day! I shopped around A LOT for hair and makeup. I highly suggest you just stop and book Stephanie. And don't be afraid to provide feedback on what you want! She'll make it happen, even if it's a silly request haha. Here's a link to our wedding video (keep in my it was raining and I did some pictures outside before the ceremony started, so of course my hair isn't going to look perfect). https://vimeo.com/164133377 Also, I love the eyelashes she used. The last time I had my makeup professionally done, I could barely keep my eyes open. That was not the case with Stephanie's makeup artistry. As you'll see in the video, all of my bridesmaids looked stunning! They did an amazing job with hair AND makeup. Daniela was our last minute add on artist and she was fabulous! We also used Ashlee! Highly recommend all three ladies if you have a large group.

Reviewed on 6/02/2016 Chris D

DONT BOOK THIS TEAM. I was living in Chicago planning my wedding for May 21st in Dallas and needless to say she was the most unprofessional, unreliable person I worked with throughout my wedding planning process. After solidifying Stephanie's team for my event, she worked... Read More with me over a 4th month period. I flew in for two different trials. In the first trial I asked for a simple curled up-do with a glowy look for my makeup. The trial ended with my makeup looking like I had done it myself, and my hair was half completed. I was told to come in for a second trial to get it the way I wanted. I was also recommended to purchase hair extensions ($119) and get a spray tan ($50) to better enhance my look the second time around. I took the advise, bought all items needed and bought a plane ticket to come in for another try. I went in, traveled to and from and everything went fine, but again at the end of the trial my hair was still not completed and was told to fly in AGAIN before the wedding to try again. I was willing to do so, left and thought that all makeup and hair combination vendors required such trial and errors to complete a look.. Again, reminder, I wanted a simple curled up-do. After ALL this.... Stephanie e-mailed me 15 days prior to my wedding and CANCELLED on me and my 7 bridesmaids out of nowhere, stating it was not the "right fit". After numerous attempts to call to discuss the reasoning, even offering her more money for her services if she would reconsider, no answer, no call back, no e-mail, nothing. Every bride wants to look gorgeous on their wedding day, and would hope to have a team that can masterfully do so. Stephanie's team did not feel they could accomplish this for us, hence the cancellation. It ended up working out perfectly in our favor that they did cancel, but dont make the same mistake I did by booking them. Stephanie is untrustworthy, unpredictable, inconsistent and erratic.

Reviewed on 5/31/2016 Chelsea L

Couldn't be happier! I just had my wedding on 5/29 in McKinney, TX. I had hair and makeup done for two moms, two bridesmaids and myself. From the beginning, I loved Stephanie’s quick and informative responses, plus her detailed services and contract. Victoria was my head... Read More makeup/hair person and she did my trial appointment. From the moment I met her, Victoria was kind, happy and just a generally nice person. She listened to all of my requests and walked me through everything that she was doing. I especially loved that hair and makeup ideas for everyone were required to be sent via email to Stephanie 1 week beforehand, as well as a quick questionnaire for each person. This helped everyone to focus on what they wanted and made the day go so much more smoothly. When my wedding day came, Victoria and Daniella, were on-time and set-up early. They were kind and patient when listening to everyone and their requests. After all of hair and makeup was done, everyone was 100% happy with their final result and everyone looked beautiful. I would recommend this company to another bride in a heartbeat.

Reviewed on 5/17/2016 Claire G

Stephanie Nelson('s company) is WONDERFUL!!! I actually had a very last minute request for them to do my hair & makeup for my bridals. I wasn't able to use them for my wedding day because my wedding was out of town, but her senior artist, Victoria, had a slot open up so she... Read More could do my bridals hair and makeup. IT WAS PERFECT! Even when my desires were vague or sounded scattered, Victoria was super easy to work with, very personable and managed to create a look exactly how I envisioned. BOOK HER!!! She will make you feel beautiful :)

Reviewed on 5/10/2016 Jen H

Daniela did my trial and my bridal makeup, as well as makeup for my three bridesmaids and flower girl. Everyone looked stunning, and I couldn't be happier with how I looked, too! Stephanie and Daniela were so easy to work with, and Daniela was so much fun (and incredibly... Read More talented!!)!! I highly recommend Daniela and Stephanie!!

Reviewed on 4/15/2016 Laynie S

I had the best experience with Stephanie Nelson! From the beginning, she was extremely communicative and helpful and made the booking process so easy. I felt that Stephanie's prices were very affordable and her payment system is great because they send you an email to remind... Read More you of payments and you can just click and pay right away! I found it was hard to keep up with when payments were due to different people, writing so many checks, etc. So, I LOVE the way Stephanie conducts her system. She is extremely organized and sends out a schedule as soon as you book with her. She is also flexible and was able to change things up with me up to the day before my bridals and the week of my wedding. Finally, I LOVED the way my hair and makeup looked for my wedding. My stylist, Victoria, was not only extremely talented but also receptive to my feedback. When I wasn't even sure what I wanted to be different, she was able to capture my vision and perfect my look. I highly recommend SN and her artists!

Reviewed on 3/06/2016 Jessica H

Worth every penny!!! Stephanie and Nicole did hair and makeup for myself, 5 bridesmaids, and two mothers. None of us normally wear a lot of make up and they made us still look like ourselves just prettier. Hair and makeup lasted ALL DAY and I got so many compliments from guests... Read More how incredible everyone's looked. They worked with each person and gave them exactly what they asked for. I would highly recommend them to anyone. They helped make my day perfect!

Reviewed on 11/15/2015 Margaret P

Stephanie and her team are incredible!! There are not enough nice things I can say about them! These days not all vendors are quick to communicate, if they respond at all, and Stephanie was prompt and answered all my questions thoroughly so I was completely confident in choosing... Read More them. The day of the wedding, I have never felt more beautiful!!

Stephanie Nelson

Stephanie specializes in bridal and special occasion artistry. With a vivacious energy, she brings out the best in each woman she works with. Stephanie truly amplifies the natural beauty of the person she works with to make each look flawless and stunning on their day, from homecoming and prom to engagement parties and weddings. To further ensure a stress free experience, Stephanie will happily accommodate clients onsite, in her studio or at another location.