Stephy Wong Photography

Southern California and anywhere your event takes me!

Artistic, Classic, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties

Southern California and anywhere your event takes me! (619) 483-3222

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 Jennifer C

Organized, on time, patient, and professional while also lighthearted to get some personality out of us! Stephy is the best, don't waste your time with anyone else. She makes being photographed as unscary as it possibly can be if you're not too fond of being in front of the... Read More camera. Especially after dealing with other wedding service providers/vendors, it really highlights and solidifies Stephy's level of professionalism, quality, and responsiveness. Responsiveness!!! How valuable that is when you're trying to get all the details down of one of the most important days of your life. She has made this process as easy as it can possibly be. Seriously, don't waste your time with anyone else. It's refreshing how on top of her game Stephy is. Worth every single penny.

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Arielle T

Stephy was amazing! She shot a pre wedding shoot for my fiance and myself. She was very helpful in selecting a location (we are not from San Diego area) and she made us comfortable during our photos. She has an wonderful personality and really wants to make every couple's photos... Read More amazing. Even after our time was up she stopped us to take a few more pictures because she saw something she thought would be beautiful to add. We are so happy with our results! Thank you Stephy!!

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Arielle T

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Dominique A

OK. So where do I begin. Seriously, Stephy is farrrrrrrrr more than a photographer. She’s a confidence boosting, funny as hell, put you at ease, make you look like Beyonce kind of WONDERWOMAN. My fiancé and I already had reservations about ALL of our vendors being a same sex... Read More couple and reeeeeally wanted to make sure we felt insanely comfortable with all our wedding vendors. From the first point of contact, Stephy has been nothing short of AMAZING. I am an insanely controlling, high anxiety, OCD kinda person and she’s even managed to keep meeeeeeee calm. Our first phone conversation is what really sealed the deal for bae and I. The three of us spoke for 2 hours (and 1 bottle of wine) on the phone and we laugheddddd, but what was even better, was that Stephy came PREPARED (even for a little call)! She asked all the right questions- which made us feel like she knew exactly what she was doing. It made us feel good to know she cared about the things she did. She was concise, clear and straight-forward. Stephy’s ability to communicate is really her strong suit. Even after our call, we had consistent follow up via email and text up until our engagement shoot day (which was exactly 1 month ago today!) So…. we made an entire weekend out of our shoot since it fell on my birthday weekend and man oh man did Stephy sureeee impress us! (even more) We showed up, she was there right on time (big for bae and I! we are sticklers for time) and ready to roll! We climbed rocks, got in the water and also took some really amazing pictures. Lol- we had such a ball, I thought we were just at the beach in nicer than normal clothes, that’s the extent of the lack of pressure I felt! That very same day, Stephy shared one of our pictures on social media and little did we know she’d have even more the next day, and then even more a few days after that! She’s just the gift that keeps giving!!! So we ended up with 65+ pictures just from the engagement shoot alone!!! We cannot waaaaait until our November wedding after this initial experience with Stephy. I am MORE than confident that we’ve chosen the PERFECT photographer. I can’t wait to see our wedding ceremony/reception pictures. Keep it up, Stephy- you were BORN to do this. Too bad you can’t be cloned, then everyone in the entire world would always have the best pictures. Hey! At least we’ll have the best pictures! Thanks again :)

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Jenny D

​Hire Stephy right now. Best decision you will ever make if you're in the market for a photographer, or a best friend, which is what Stephy has become. After a disastrous attempt at engagement photos by a photographer from Craigslist (I was not in charge of that decision...),... Read More my now-husband and I found Stephy's website. I was hooked. I've seen lots of photographers' websites, and all of them were a little lackluster or didn't make me feel wow'd. Stephy's personality, sense of humor, and talent was immediately apparent via her website and photo galleries. We had a fun Skype session to "meet" each other and officially booked her for our wedding before we hung up-- she's THAT great. She even drove to Los Angeles to snap our engagement photos outside a venue that excited us-- she's not some cookie cutter button smasher (although she loves cookies). The engagement shots were finally exactly what we wanted. To be honest, my husband was a little apprehensive of yet another photo shoot since the first two with another photographer were terrible. Stephy immediately set him at ease and made me feel gorgeous. Hire her. As a bride, I appreciated the organized communication in the weeks/days leading up to our wedding. I knew I had nothing to worry about with Stephy. She was punctual and never wasted time fiddling with her equipment or trying to find the right light. This woman is the ultimate professional. I've been to a lot of weddings (hello early 30s!), and can easily say that Stephy is the fastest, most organized photographer-- no more waiting around wondering if you've gotten all the right family member combos while the hors d'oeuvres (and alcohol) are circulating out of your reach. I kid you not, I text Stephy at every wedding I go to these days lamenting that she wasn't the photographer there-- even my mother-in-law begs for Stephy! And then there's the actual photos. My god. THE BEST. Every single damn photo is perfect. Facebook worthy-- all of them! And you get them all on a USB stick after she's beautified them. For our wedding in October, we had all of the photos in our hands in early November (and the teasers the day after the wedding!!)-- no waiting months like other photographers. Simply put, your search for a professional photographer who takes beyond gorgeous photos is over. Hire Stephy. For everything. She's my photographer for life-- holiday card photos, maternity pics, just because pics. You name it, I'm getting Stephy.

Reviewed on 3/05/2017 Jasmin R

Stephy is such a wonderful photographer! We booked her for our engagement shoot. I contacted her after reading some wonderful reviews on yelp and I'm so so glad I did! She was very prompt in her responses, which made me all the more eager to work with her. She is so fun and easy... Read More to work with! I was nervous because my fiancé and I hadn't been photographed before and I thought we might look awkward. But Stephy gave us clear directions throughout the entire shoot and made us feel totally comfortable, which translated into stunning pictures! Thank you so much, Stephy, for the wonderful work that you do. You've given us beautiful photos we'll be able to hold onto forever.

Reviewed on 3/02/2017 Kayla W

Stephy was awesome from the first email I sent her inquiring about an Engagement session. I base a lot of my decisions off of prompt responses since I believe that really gives insight into what the customer service will be down the road! From the get-go she was not only prompt,... Read More but absolutely amazing and gave great recommendations! She was flexible and helped calm my nerves when I found out it was supposed to rain during our Engagement Session and proposed alternative times as well as how she has made photos amazing regardless of weather conditions! She was a joy during the shoot and made it really fun since my fiance and I have never taken professional photos. By the end we were pros :) Highly recommend her for any type of photos you are looking to get done! :)

Reviewed on 1/18/2017 LyKai J

Stephy has such a great personality! She is so much fun and really knows how to make her couples comfortable. Her works is breathtaking. You can't help but have a huge smile on your face when you see her work. Definitely consider Stephy for your wedding photographer. You won't... Read More regret it

Reviewed on 1/14/2017 Shelby N

When it comes to finding the perfect wedding photographer, it can be a hassle!! Choosing Steph as our photographer was the easiest decision. A friend recommended her to us. After browsing through some of her work I quickly decided to send her a message. BAM! We hit it off she is... Read More hilarious! It's great to work with someone who are comfortable with. Steph makes sure that you are comfortable! This is certainly her calling and her flawless work certainly shows just that. Our pictures came out perfect. My fiancé, who questioned why we even needed these photos, quickly changed his mind after seeing how our photos turned out. I can't stop looking at our pictures and can't wait to see how the wedding day turns out! Extremely satisfied bride :)

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Michelle D

I'm a fan for life! The photographs to begin with are not only top notch wonderful, but refreshing and captured exactly what I would want to remember for my wedding day. Steph is a true professional, but what solidified my decision to book her was her ability to make me and my... Read More fiance feel so at ease. I always feel like I look odd in my pictures, but working with her eliminated any awkwardness I might have felt. She has been supportive when I felt frazzled by all the wedding planning and I appreciated her take charge attitude when it came to keeping on top of things the day of the wedding. While the wedding is now over and I (anxiously, in a good way) anticipate the rest of my wedding pictures, I definitely plan to hire her for any future photography sessions. Absolutely love this girl and her team!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Michele F

We were so lucky to have Stephy shoot both our engagement and wedding pics. They turned out amazing and we are always getting compliments on them. She knows how to position people in a way that is very flattering. She also is able to quickly identify the perfect placement and... Read More lighting in any location that make you as well as the scenery look beautiful. Stephy is always available if you have any questions or concerns. She responds immediately to any inquiries and offers great advice on anything you might help with. She is also a blast to work with because she has a great sense of humor. She has a way of lightening the mood which is key since posing for pictures can definitely feel a bit awkward. I was also very impressed with the quick turn around time. I have to say it's true, you can't go wrong with Wong! :)

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Gabe B

My boyfriend and I really wanted to get professional couple photos taken of us and he told me Stephy would be a great photographer for us. We met at a plant nursery which was full of all kinds of plants and fun backgrounds for our photoshoot. She is very personable, creative,... Read More and funny, making it easy to relax and get a huge variety of shots without feeling like you're forcing a pose. She has a ton of ideas and as someone who usually shies away from the camera I felt photogenic after seeing her teaser photos of our shoot. I would definitely pay to use Stephy Wong again in the future and would recommend her to any couple seeking great photos and lots of laughs.

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Adrian d

Stephy and her team handled our September 24, 2016 wedding with professionalism and ease. Stephy worked with our other vendors to create a complete schedule of our day, she captured all of our important moments and memorialized our our hard work and planning. Her experience is... Read More invaluable, she is efficient, and personable. She'll work within your budget and you will not be disappointed. If you are looking for a professional to capture your day, Stephy is the right choice.

Reviewed on 10/04/2016

I knew that if I were ever to be married, I wanted Stephanie to be the one to capture our moments. We wanted perfect pictures for our wedding and Stephanie exceeded our expectations. She communicated with us throughout the months leading up to our wedding day. She was... Read More organized and fully prepared to keep us on schedule. Our pictures are gorgeous. I am looking forward to booking Stephy Wong in the future. Thank you Stephy for making our day run smoothly and taking amazing pictures.

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Omni B

Stephy is amazing! A friend of mine from way back, I have been so proud to see her become such a talented photographer but so envious of the gorgeous pictures she was taking of others! I was thrilled to get my chance for her to take my family pictures! She captured my boys... Read More personality perfectly, and made us all feel comfortable and at ease! The pictures came out flawless, and I could not be happier. Best family pictures we have ever had!

Reviewed on 8/26/2016

My husband and I got married 4 years ago and had no pictures other than the ones from the guests who attended. Disappointed and frustrated for so long I was relieved when Stephywong offered to do our "wedding" photos. She already made location arrangements on the water with... Read More beautiful surroundings, all we had to do was show up. Everything was prefect before we even got to see the photos. Once we saw our photos my heart melted, it took me back to our wedding day and how much we really love each other and she captured all of it. I would recommend her to everyone for every event, if you want breathtaking photos and a stress-free photo session, she's your woman.

Reviewed on 8/25/2016

Lifelong friend turned amazing photographer. Her pictures are crisp and attention to detail superb. Love the pics and love you! Thanks Steph!

Reviewed on 6/26/2016 Phoebe E

Stephy's photography is magical! Nothing short of amazing. She captured our destination wedding on Sunset Cliffs last February. She blew our socks off with our photos! She asked what things we like and don't like to feature about ourselves and it's clear that she knows how to... Read More work the camera and loves what she does! She is also great about helping you decide what's most important to you, to help accommodate your budget. I can't recommend Stephy enough! I wish I lived closer to she could always take our pictures! :)

Reviewed on 6/21/2016 Angela C

We loved working with Stephy and Kim! Stephy is very personable, fun, and organized! Emphasis on the organization because it is so important in weddings. She knows her business as far as timing and organization of weddings. She knows what things could go wrong and is prepared... Read More for that. And she knows that family can be crazy...she is prepared for that too. And most importantly, she takes amazing photos! She has a great eye and great editing skills. She is slightly more expensive than the regular joe schmoe, but that's because she gives quality. This is one thing you don't want to skimp on for your wedding. She also took our engagement photos and they are gorgeous! She gave me a great tip which was do my hair and makeup trial the day of my engagement photos....smart lady! Can't go wong with Stephy!

Reviewed on 4/21/2016

Stephy is amazing. Simply amazing. I am not photogenic but she made me look so awesome! I love her photos. She is a true artist and just so much fun to work with. Stephy is the best, hands down!

Reviewed on 4/12/2016 Alisia D

Stephy really made our wedding memorial but with her beautiful photos. We can't wait to get the completed set back. Where looking forward to framing those beautiful pictures.

Reviewed on 12/30/2015 Julia L

Steph photographed our wedding back in August. She was fantastic! To start, she was one of the most professional individuals I have ever worked with. Any call, email, etc. she would respond ASAP. She was very thorough when discussing every detail of the package and what it... Read More entailed. She arrived right on time onsite to our wedding with such a fun and upbeat personality. She had everyone laughing and enjoying themselves. The photos came out so good! She was able to capture our special day better than I could have ever imagined. In short, we 100% recommend Steph and will spread the word to anyone looking for an awesome photographer!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Stephy N

We used Stephina Photography for our wedding and engagement photos. They were absolutely the best!! They are very professional and work in timely manner. I found them by looking through yelp reviews and they lived up to everyone else's 5 star reviews. Both sets of photos came... Read More out perfect and beautiful. Stephanie and Tina were so much fun to work with and made taking photos easy as can be. I would highly recommend them for any type of photo shoot. Definitely worth every penny for all the photos you will get.

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

We happened upon these amazing when looking for a photographer for my sisters wedding. They were absolutely amazing, and produced some of the most beautiful photos I've ever seen. We use them now for our yearly family photos as well. Super friendly, down to earth,... Read More professional, and fantastic! Made me want to ge to get re-new our vows just so that we can have them capture our love in perfect images like they did for my sister.

Reviewed on 10/26/2015

While we were married long before we met Stephanie and Tina, we've had the pleasure of engaging their talents for our son's newborn photo shoot and his 125-guest baby shower in 2013. They made all our family and friends feel comfortable and captured the special moments beyond... Read More my hopes. Since then we have had them handle 3 studio sittings and are scheduled for a destination shoot for holiday photos. We have successfully referred them to friends and wedding vendors we know, and would trust them implicitly to honor our referral 100%. I would recommend including them in your wedding research and spend the time getting to know them. I can only imagine you will be happy you did.