Alright, I am going to preface by saying I have champagne taste on a beer budget. Yet somehow Stillwell delivered with my love for champagne and elevated my expectations of a wedding venue. Was Stillwell the cheapest venue option? No. But was i...
t the option that left all of my guests saying, “That was the best wedding I’ve ever been to and I’ve been to a LOT of weddings!” YES. Read on for all the detz.
I was a bride with wide eyes and a list of non-negotiables. Before we secured Stillwell, we toured and received quotes for a variety of Tucson venues including Loew’s Ventana, Ritz Dove Mountain, JW Starpass Marriott, Stardance, Tanque Verde Guest Ranch, Hacienda Del Sol, I could keep going but you catch my drift. No bride rock went unturned in my quest to locate the perfect venue. Then I was discouraged by the proposals provided by these venues on average, $80-100K for four hours, your traditional menu, and a four-drink minimum. My excitement was met with tears due to reality – where are we going to get 100K to host an exceptional wedding? Intro Stillwell house.
• The Stillwell team allows you to create your vision using their unique bones and beautiful courtyard. For example, we prepared for rain on our NYE wedding therefore, organized a clear tent over the courtyard which amplified the magical ambiance. Flowers was top of mind and Bloom Maven elevated their already beautiful green stems with roses and an abundance of baby breath.
• Candace, Wilma, and all the many faces at Stillwell are your guides – they prevent you from overdoing it but also align with your initiatives and objectives. Always being available to assist with any questions, problems, and hypotheticals we had.
• Leveraged Billi Delgado as our Wedding Planner with ACA Event Studios to help with all the day to day planning, she knows the venue incredibly well having worked there in the past
• With any outside vendor, Stillwell accommodated their arrival, set up, and made sure they were positioned in the most conducive place for guests and visual appease
• Everyone comes to a wedding knowing they will get a few apps, a cold piece of chicken or steak with a lame side. OKAY, not the case here- Stillwell delivers on the FOOD. I have never had so many texts or comments on food alone! Everyone raved about the bacon wrapped shrimp, the elongated charcuterie board, spicy meatballs, spinach artichoke, and this was just the apps. Incoming- fresh off the grill, split plate, scalloped potatoes, mac and cheese… which was all raved about.
• Later we rolled out a late-night nacho bar which again, brought people luring with their mouths watering. At one point, our officiant commented on our cousin who was taking a to-go bag home of mini-chimmi’s in fear he wasn’t going to leave enough for others to have seconds, LOL.
Overall, you give out of towners the experience of downtown Tucson, you share with them an intimate venue where space doesn’t feel limited but conversations feel closer, the backdrop you aspire to obtain as a couple (truly, I could have forgo’d the florals and it would have been just as beautiful) and the confidence the staff and owners are going to give you a remarkable night to remember forever. With 200 guests the only thing I was concerned about was space and never ONCE did I feel like we didn’t have enough. The Stillwell team is the real deal, the dream team, and made our nuptials unforgettable.