Streetcar Studios {Photo & Cinema}

Kansas City, MO

You bring the love and we'll bring our cameras.

In year three of serving wedding couples, we're starting 2017 as a winner in The Knot Best of Weddings, an award representing the highest-rated wedding professionals as reviewed by real couples! Streetcar Studios is a photo and video company created to document brides and grooms on their very best day. Allow us to bring our creative journalistic style to chronicle your day in both photo and cinema.

Artistic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Destination Weddings, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Full-Length Video, Highlight Video, Video, Photo + Video

Kansas City, MO (816) 695-3133

SO THANKFUL We Chose Streetcar Studios!

Reviewed on 1/14/2015 Laura B

My husband and I debated whether to pay for a videographer for our wedding. You hear everyone say this, but it is true: this is the best money you will spend on the whole wedding. And we were INCREDIBLY lucky to find Jim Barcus and Streetcar Studios. They know how to capture the... Read More most important, unique, truly "you" moments and they create the most amazing 5-minute, perfect "movie" experience of your wedding (it truly is a movie- check out their website for examples). Jim took the time to get to know us. He met us before the wedding and wanted all of the details about our wedding. He showed up at our rehearsal to prepare for his shots and then BEAT ME TO THE WEDDING! He knew more about what was going on than our wedding planner. And the final product is incredible. I can't imagine not having the memories that Jim was able to provide us. Upon request and for a slight charge, he provided us with the entire uncut version of the wedding footage. I can't imagine how long that took him, because they had hours upon hours of footage. If you've ever wanted to be the star of a movie, Jim Barcus is your guy. I promise you, 100% guarantee, you will be happy you chose him. He is an artist.

2015-01-14T12:33:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you Laura for your glowing review!!! I think I want to relive that day with this link ;) http://streetcarstudios.com/#/cinema/laura-and-jeff

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 rosie z

Thank you again young man for immortalizing my day ;) Your cinematic storytelling with video and photos made me cry, not to mention Paul. I know all my family and friends have viewed the highlight film a hundred times each! TY for your creativity and listening to our... Read More needs...and then ¨taking the artistic lead.¨

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 tammy t

I couldn't believe the imagery Jim covered from my day! My words will fall short because I wasn't prepared to see what he created. Of course I new the style Jim was bringing based on the reason why we hired him. But I think it's the most beautiful Highlight Reel, but I'm biased.... Read More Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Melanie C

This highlight video literally has strangers crying, the emotions, happiness, hopefulness, love, passion and fun is so beautifully captured. The words of the toasts match with the scene being shown. I relive my wedding day each time I watch this and I watch this video 5-6 times... Read More a day and end up crying every single time. He captured the silly personalities of my entire family and of all of my friends. Jim is so accommodating and understanding, we walked around in 99 degree weather with all of his tools and did not complain once. He helped keep the party going and everyone on our special day enjoyed his presence. I am so proud to show off this video. Jim is simply the best.

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 David C

If you are looking for an amazing and the best videographer, stop your search now, Jim is your guy. He puts so much time and effort into the videography, he captured so many emotions and feelings from different angles. We relive our wedding day and even cry each time we watch... Read More the video, it is so beautifully done. He caught our most silly and most loving moments, the speeches, dances. Choosing Jim was one of the best decisions of our lives because we have our special day on film because of him. One day we will show our kids and grandkids this video and we couldn't be more excited to do so. Jim is simply the best.

Reviewed on 9/04/2017 Benjamin C

Jim did a fantastic job!! Jim made dealing with two extremely high strung and demanding families seem like cake walk. We never had to go looking for Jim, he was already there 10 steps ahead. He collected the most intimate and wonderful aspects of our wedding and put them... Read More together in the most beautiful and memorable video experience! We thought we were watching a large scale production trailer for an upcoming Hollywood movie!

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Jordan K

I cannot say enough great things about Jim and Streetcar Studios! Jim absolutely went above and beyond for us on the most important day of our lives. He captured the best moments of the day, even arriving before we woke up and stayed until the party was almost over! We will be... Read More able to live that day over and over again with the greatest video! It was the best money we spent, and got SO many compliments on the video! Thanks again Jim for everything (and putting up with our crazy groomsman haha)! If you are looking for an amazing videographer, I would absolutely recommend Jim!!

Reviewed on 2/24/2017

Because I had a simple wedding, I never thought my wedding would look as beautiful as the videos on Streetcar's website. That wasn't the case. Yes, my wedding was simple. But Jim focused on the emotion of the day. I couldn't have asked for anything more than just him and his... Read More team being invisible, asking nothing from me and my guest. I hope this review provides the simple truths outside the box of what I expected from the day. Thank you so much Jim!

Reviewed on 2/22/2017 Mariah L

All the reviews are true but more importantly the work we received was exactly what I wanted. I'm grateful for spending the extra money for the valuable moments that Jim captured on our day. Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 2/14/2017 Annie H

Jim with Streetcar Studios was wonderful to work with and captured my wedding day so beautifully! Jim listed to everything I said and made sure what was important to me was highlighted in our video and it turned out perfect! I will treasure our wedding video forever! Thank you... Read More Jim!

Reviewed on 1/21/2017 Jenna F

I don't know if there are words to express how wonderful and talented Jim is. Not only did he capture our wedding day in the most amazing way, but he was such a pleasure to work with. He went above and beyond to learn about every detail of our day to make sure it was filmed. He... Read More also made sure to learn about the relationship my husband and I shared. This helped him to truly tell a story through film that was so personal and meaningful. I was speechless when my husband and I veiwed our final product for the first time -- it brought back every emotion from that day and we will cherish it forever. I highly, highly, highly recommend Jim, hands down. He's the best.

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Darcy M

We had no idea what to expect when we were searching for a wedding videographer? We stumbled upon many good companies but Jim's stood out with polish and uniqueness. The way he plays with day of sound and his style of editing is astounding and left me watching my own video a... Read More hundred times. Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 12/20/2016 Lauren O

We knew Jim and Streetcar Studios were at the top of our list for videography and photography as soon as we looked through his work. After meeting with him, we were even more excited about our decision! His process is so unobtrusive and captures amazing memories. We knew we... Read More wanted a video to remember our wedding day and loved the way his videos were produced and how they told the story. The final product was everything we could have wanted and more. If we had to do this again we would definitely book Jim and his team again.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Peggy B

We loooove our photos, but it's the video that steals our hearts. It's a given from our consultations that Jim would be discrete and unobtrusive. But it's what he does after this fact. He has this lens that you see at the Olympics! He told us I probably wouldn't even know he... Read More was even there...and he was right! His style is documemtary which naturally comes from his years of being a photojournalist. The small details of the day were not ignored as well. We love his back and forth style of editing that tells the story of our day versus a predictable chronological highlight film. Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Danielle M

Jim Barcus and the Streetcar Studios team were absolutely wonderful to work with from beginning to end. Jim's professionalism impressed my husband and I from the start; he was an engaged and insightful videographer throughout my evolving planning process. It was obvious after... Read More viewing our highlight film that Jim took everything we wanted in a video into account, but it was really the care and attention to detail that left us speechless with the finish products we received. I was instantly moved to (happy) tears after watching our highlight reel for the first time, and know that many of our friends and family have had the same reaction. Our wedding day was captured beautifully, and we will get to forever cherish the memories thanks to the hard work and dedication to creative excellence of Jim Barcus and Streetcar Studios. We've watched our films countless times, and are still as obsessed with them as ever. I hope that others make the same decision to work with this great group!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Erin K

We used streetcar studios for our wedding in July and they were fabulous!! During the planning phase Jim came to OUR house to listen to what we wanted in order to meet our expectations. Jim definitely met our expectations plus more. The day of the wedding I honestly didn't even... Read More know they were there but they managed to capture every memory of the entire day. I felt like that was perfect, nobody wants a camera shoved in their face when they are trying to enjoy everything and have a great time. The wedding video is amazing. I probably watch it every other day and I have not found a single thing I dislike about it! I would recommend Jim Barcus and Streetcar Studios to everyone!!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Mary Kay B

We're thrilled to have Jim's talent at our wedding. His un-posed/documentary style of video shooting was perfect for me and my guest. Most of the time, I didn't even know Jim was even there?! He explained he wanted to know everything about my day and ourselves so he could... Read More document what was important to us. And he delivered!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Samantha L

I don't even know where to begin! Jim at Streetcar Studios is the best in the business, and if you haven't booked someone yet, he is 100% your guy!! After delaying hiring a videographer, I stumbled upon Jim's Knot profile and then went to his website to see what he was all... Read More about. After watching a few videos I reached out to him to talk pricing and logistics. He immediately set up a time for us to meet and talk about the wedding. When we met, I could tell he was passionate about his work and making sure the moments and people that were important to us would be captured on the big day. We negotiated a 4 minute highlight film, but Jim ended up giving us an 8 minute video!! I've only had the video a few days, and I can't stop watching it! It's everything I could've hoped for and more. Booking Jim was the BEST decision we made for our wedding!!

Reviewed on 8/24/2016 Regan D

My wife and I were so fortunate to have found Jim and Streetcar Studios. From our first consultation, he made us feel very confident in his ability to capture our special day. He asked several questions and really dug into the specifics to ensure he was there to capture all of... Read More our special moments especially the ones most important to us. On our wedding day, he couldn't have been better. Both videographers were in the right place all the time. When we received our highlight video it literally brought my wife and I to tears. All of the little moments that meant the world to us were wrapped into a well presented 8 minute video. His work was better than we could have imagined! Thank you Jim for capturing our day and giving us something that we can watch and smile at for years to come!

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Stacy B

I went back and forth on whether or not we should have a videographer at our wedding. I watched a video on Facebook, of the wedding of a girl I went to high school with, and it was amazing! It was one of Jim's videos. I messaged her, she highly recommended I use him, so I... Read More immediately contacted him! He was willing to work with us on exactly what we were wanting. My now husband wasn't exactly thrilled with the idea of being followed around all day, but even he said he didn't notice Jim or the microphone after a little while. I am so glad we have this video to go back and watch the the rest of our lives! We cannot thank you enough, Jim!

Reviewed on 6/14/2016 JoBeth D

We cannot stop looking at the amazing photos from our wedding day. Jim is a magician - a master of his craft. And that truly shines in the finished product he sent us. Jim's work is photojournalism at it's best. Jim took the time to get to know us before our big day. For our... Read More first meeting - he took us to Manifesto, something my Whiskey Connoisseur husband can't stop talking about. We met Jim and instantly knew we wanted to book him. His personality is infectious in the best way possible. And his work is second to none. Not to mention, we still can't believe the work he provided at such a low cost. He's worth so much more. Jim first did our engagement photos. And bless his heart, we hauled him out to the Nelson and to the KC Public Library to do an outdoor shoot on a cold January day. Jim never complained. And the photos we got back were incredible. It's the first time my fiance-now-husband has ever willingly and happily printed and displayed photos of himself. During our meetings, and during this shoot, Jim got to know US. Our individual quirks really came across in these photos and we love that so very much. We don't look overly posed. The photos don't look like they've had 6 different instagram filters applied. They look like the best versions of us we could be. As our wedding day approached, Jim (likely unbeknownst to him) helped in planning. We bounced schedule ideas off of him to help keep our day on track and make sure everything important was covered. When our day rolled around - Jim was a calm, collected force. I had complete confidence that I could ask something of him and have it done - no questions asked. And it would be done brilliantly. A wedding vendor like this - calm amidst chaos - is worth his weight in gold. Then a mere 4 days later - Jim delivered our full collection of photos. And he gave us more images than he promised in his contract. Several he'd applied a retouch to, and he sent the original versions so we could choose what we liked best. Every. Last. Photo. is perfect. Again Jim captured US. And there were so many amazing little moments from our wedding that as the bride and groom, we didn't see. We will forever treasure the work he sent us from that day. If you can't tell...we loved working with Jim. My one regret? Not booking him for video as well as photo (to be fair, he warned us this would happen). Book Jim as fast as you can. Hiring Streetcar Studios is the best decision you will make for your big day.

Reviewed on 6/02/2016 Brianna H

I wish I could give Jim more than 5 stars. The man deserves it! He always gives his honest opinion, and tries his hardest to make the shots that you want to get work. My husband and I joke about how we "fangirl" over Jim's work.. but it's true! We rave about him to everyone and... Read More recommend him to all of our friends who are getting married. He does such a fantastic job, he's professional and easy to work with, and makes you feel comfortable being yourself on camera. He has such a creative eye, and makes regular "boring" shots look amazing. We just really can't say enough good things about him. I looked for a photographer for a really long time before I came across Jim and his Studio. I'm so glad I did! As soon as I flipped through his gallery, I knew this was the person I wanted for my wedding, and it was the probably the best spent money of my wedding. I wish we could have afforded videography also, his videos are works of art as well! Thanks so much for documenting our day in such a beautiful way!

Reviewed on 5/12/2016 Madeline Victoria Smith

Jim is truly passionate about what he does and cares deeply about the couples' wishes and what they envision. He captured our wedding experience beautifully in photographs and film. We had a difficult schedule to work with, but he managed to capture everything flawlessly.... Read More With a high quality team covering various areas and angles of the evening, so many special moments could be captured. We are beyond pleased with how it all turned out!

Reviewed on 4/19/2016 Sarah E

If you're reading this ..... BOOK STREET CAR STUDIOS NOW FOR YOUR WEDDING!! You won't regret it, I promise. For video and/or photography! There are a lot of different options for videographers out there, but words truly cannot express how great of a job Jim and his team did... Read More for us on our wedding day. There were many different options of styles and the best thing Jim does is capture everyone's day in their view...not the videographer's view. He truly cares about his work and clients and you can see it in his work. He was worth EVERY PENNY!!!! He was fun, easy, and fabulous to work with - and again, words really cannot express how grateful I am to have found him as our videographer! The only regret I have is not ending up using him as our photographer. He was awesome from the beginning to the end.

Reviewed on 3/17/2016 samantha

Jim is absolutely incredible. The second I watched one of Jim's wedding videos I knew that he was the best. He is able to capture each couples unique personality and the true essence of their special day. In a 5-6 minute video Jim is able to showcase every detail that you put... Read More into your day and more importantly every emotion that you felt throughout the day. He was professional, kind, and flexible. His product is the highest quality and I cannot recommend him high enough. If I could give him more stars I would.